Dark Willow (h/n/d)
71%

Total votes: 17
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 282

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 2]

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:13 pm As you said, given the map, kill choices are going to be limited and to an extent, random or luck based. I'm personally not going to hold stock in trying to find out why a kill was made, but I'm not gonna stop other people from doing that.
ok, thanks for clarifying that. I felt like you were trying to say I was suspect for doing some "it is known" baddie tell of some kind for saying I found her kill to be an odd choice. The way you worded that was like it was an "aha!" kind of thing.

On night one, yeah, most kills are fairly random, but later in the game I find discussion of why a person was killed can have value.

linki, so Juliets is damed if she does, damned if she doesn't? She was basicvally told to produce an opinion post, she does so, and now it's "player salad"?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 184

Post by timmer »

I've got to bow out early today, we are in the first snowstorm of the season and it's a mess. I'll be beck this evening. Just leaving this for me, I'm on the start of pg 32.
My siggie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:06 pm On juliets, so we believe her post (the one Sloonei just quoted) is actual demonstration of civviness or is it possible she just make that in a rush because she was prompted? As in, the legendary "player salad"? Currently entertaining that thought.
I don't read it as definitive proof that she's civilian, but it's enough to negate my primary concern, which was that she didn't appear to be actively reading anybody. She just took a stance on every player in the game, and validated all of them.
But, like I've been saying all game long, the existence of two scum teams makes this sort of thing less conclusive than it would normally be. Scum juliets could still produce honest reads of everybody (except her partners). She's in the middle tier of reads for me now on my arbitrary rainbow.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:06 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:05 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:04 pm @speedchuck seems to be having a real problem actually being active in the game, due to real life or whatever. I'm not sure how much that affects his actual activity. He hasn't done anything to make me feel like he's a civ, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to call him bad yet either.
jinx
What
we said basically the same thing at the same time :p
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] talk to me about timmer some more. I've been feeling better about him each time he posts, but you came in here today with your eye on him. I'd like to hear more about that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:07 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:13 pm As you said, given the map, kill choices are going to be limited and to an extent, random or luck based. I'm personally not going to hold stock in trying to find out why a kill was made, but I'm not gonna stop other people from doing that.
ok, thanks for clarifying that. I felt like you were trying to say I was suspect for doing some "it is known" baddie tell of some kind for saying I found her kill to be an odd choice. The way you worded that was like it was an "aha!" kind of thing.

On night one, yeah, most kills are fairly random, but later in the game I find discussion of why a person was killed can have value.

linki, so Juliets is damed if she does, damned if she doesn't? She was basicvally told to produce an opinion post, she does so, and now it's "player salad"?
We are all damned if we do, damned if we don't, that's why this game is so hard to solve. :shrug2:
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:44 pm
timmer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:39 pm
sprityo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:29 pm So I didn’t read into TH being bad or really read at all, but could someone clear out the possibility for me that TH wasn’t forged into being the trickster upon death?

I never trust flavor posts out of habit (speedchuck and I probably share this) this is a role that can make anyone else they kill reveal as something else. It’s not like I can ask long con “did the trickster for real for real die?”

Linki: very well, I’ll keep that in mind sloon
The answer to your question is that it seems like it would be theoretically possible. If the trickster is bad and killed th and forged it to say th was the trickster and was bad, sure. But... why would they do that? It's interesting that you bring up such a specific question when you have barely participated.
The simplest answer is that a mafia person died. If we make that assumption, we can move forward with analyzing TH and sussing out someone to lynch today. If we get all suspicious that TH only flipped bad, and wasn't really bad, then we don't have a clear path forward for today's lynch. I'd rather assume the simplest scenario that TH was bad, and use that information to move forward.
This is your best post so far
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

sprityo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:44 pm I discuss what I personally deem interesting/important.

Point 1 being I made this role concept the trickster is based off of. And I have most definitely seen it used to make a town flip as mafia looking (@ quin)

Point 2: mechanically speaking the mafia would make the town less on guard, which would further present itself as a problem later on in the game. If the trickster is still alive and can forge roles, the mafia could fake even more kills and possibly their own deaths again.

The only true way to lie detect someone who is now dead is having a mortician or someone to confirm the dead’s identity, aka what I pointed out with lycantha

Until they find TH’s body we won’t be 100% sure that we actually was the trickster
What is the desired outcome of discussing this for civs?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 282

Post by S~V~S »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:13 pm

We are all damned if we do, damned if we don't, that's why this game is so hard to solve. :shrug2:
That is not true and it is misleading to say it is. What is true is that yesterday you said you wanted to lynch her for being passive, so she IS damned if she does and damned if she doesn't with YOU.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:16 pm
sprityo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:44 pm I discuss what I personally deem interesting/important.

Point 1 being I made this role concept the trickster is based off of. And I have most definitely seen it used to make a town flip as mafia looking (@ quin)

Point 2: mechanically speaking the mafia would make the town less on guard, which would further present itself as a problem later on in the game. If the trickster is still alive and can forge roles, the mafia could fake even more kills and possibly their own deaths again.

The only true way to lie detect someone who is now dead is having a mortician or someone to confirm the dead’s identity, aka what I pointed out with lycantha

Until they find TH’s body we won’t be 100% sure that we actually was the trickster
Awareness, information to keep in mind

That’s all. I can’t be every player in the game so I have to make sure everyone can at least consider and dismiss or approve of information I think is relevant
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 1]

Post by Sloonei »

I'm gonna slowly start working my way down the list of players for TH interactions. I don't know if I'll get to all of them, and if anyone wants to cross a few names off the list for me that'd be cool.

Colin's interactions with Turnip Head:
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:39 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:28 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:49 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:40 pm Anyway I've ranked the people who have currently voted from most to least suspicious as of me typing this post without being linkied into any other votes:

Cbob - "His posting" is a funny but ultimately hollow and wormy way to explain the Colin vote
Colin - "No U" vote was cheeky but still bad.
Chuck - Did not give a reason for his DDL vote which IIRC came close to if not directly after Epi said he'd be voting DDL. Chuck pulling up to the train station early AF to save himself a seat.
Sloonei - Voting for anyone based on other people's reasons for suspecting people is suspicious to me. Make your own points. Stand on your own ground.
TH - Early vote for Sorsha for a hollow, funny reason. Doesn't look serious. Sorsha's not done anything overtly suspicious. Could be buddying/distancing but not worth losing my shit over instantly.
Epi - His DDL vote makes sense, he gave a good reason and was consistent.
I read this the first time but it's not exactly meaty by your standards. Why requote it?
I believe he added me, possibly others.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:16 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:52 pm Sloonei boi is town, he had a real life excuse for not being active yet he has a buttload of posts
I would contend that scum are more likely to let real life be overruled by Mafia, but maybe that’s not the case in your personal experience. (It is in mine.)
Offers a clarification on something minor, and philosophically contends with TH's town read on me late in the day. There's not much here, but the interactions are minor and casual enough that I don't think they look staged or uncomfortable in any way. Not inclined to read them as partners, but not enough to say that definitively.

Colonialbob and Turnip Head:
colonialbob wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:32 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:30 pm There's enough of us around to come to a better consensus than this
You don't think giving the tribunal half the player list to pick from is a good idea?
That's even less than Colin. This is also casual, but I find it a little more forced than Colin's posts above, for comparison's sake. Casual jokes in the thread with dead baddies never sit well with me. Still, not enough here to say anything substantial.

Dana's got nothing.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Lunalee »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:15 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:44 pm
timmer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:39 pm
sprityo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:29 pm So I didn’t read into TH being bad or really read at all, but could someone clear out the possibility for me that TH wasn’t forged into being the trickster upon death?

I never trust flavor posts out of habit (speedchuck and I probably share this) this is a role that can make anyone else they kill reveal as something else. It’s not like I can ask long con “did the trickster for real for real die?”

Linki: very well, I’ll keep that in mind sloon
The answer to your question is that it seems like it would be theoretically possible. If the trickster is bad and killed th and forged it to say th was the trickster and was bad, sure. But... why would they do that? It's interesting that you bring up such a specific question when you have barely participated.
The simplest answer is that a mafia person died. If we make that assumption, we can move forward with analyzing TH and sussing out someone to lynch today. If we get all suspicious that TH only flipped bad, and wasn't really bad, then we don't have a clear path forward for today's lynch. I'd rather assume the simplest scenario that TH was bad, and use that information to move forward.
This is your best post so far
I'm both flattered and insulted. XD
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

S~V~S wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:19 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:13 pm

That is not true and it is misleading to say it is. What is true is that yesterday you said you wanted to lynch her for being passive, so she IS damned if she does and damned if she doesn't with YOU.
You misunderstand me, I wasn't sure about lynching her yesterday and I'm still not sure today. I'm speculating. I just want people to know that I think the case on juliets doesn't go away the moment she replies with a big salad post. It could be that post is legit hunting, it could be it's not.

It's super easy to defend youself in mafia, imo, the hard thing is not to do things that make people suspect you in the first place.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:02 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:28 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:49 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:40 pm Anyway I've ranked the people who have currently voted from most to least suspicious as of me typing this post without being linkied into any other votes:

Cbob - "His posting" is a funny but ultimately hollow and wormy way to explain the Colin vote
Colin - "No U" vote was cheeky but still bad.
Chuck - Did not give a reason for his DDL vote which IIRC came close to if not directly after Epi said he'd be voting DDL. Chuck pulling up to the train station early AF to save himself a seat.
Sloonei - Voting for anyone based on other people's reasons for suspecting people is suspicious to me. Make your own points. Stand on your own ground.
TH - Early vote for Sorsha for a hollow, funny reason. Doesn't look serious. Sorsha's not done anything overtly suspicious. Could be buddying/distancing but not worth losing my shit over instantly.
I read this the first time but it's not exactly meaty by your standards. Why requote it?
Added Colin.
Mac seems to think this interaction is bad. It's certainly casual and off-the-cuff, and sure, it could be staged. I don't think I see it that way. Looking at DH's comments on TH more closely:

He remarks that the vote "doesn't seem serious", with a suggestion that TH is buddying or distancing... somebody? sorsha, I guess? This doesn't brief analysis does not set off any alarms for me.

There's surprisingly little here, unless I am missing things, which is possible. Searching for Turnip Head mentions is difficult; we all just say "TH", and that's a letter pairing that comes up frequently, so it's hard to search for. But the most pertinent thing which isn't covered in any posts is Mac's observation about their vote switches at the end of the day. I don't know if I buy that. I don't know what their supposed scum strategy would be and why they'd choose to stick their necks out over something so trivial as... whatever it would be they're trying to accomplish there. I don't have any major points for or against DH in relation to TH.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 185

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:04 pm @speedchuck seems to be having a real problem actually being active in the game, due to real life or whatever. I'm not sure how much that affects his actual activity. He hasn't done anything to make me feel like he's a civ, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to call him bad yet either.
Try not to take it into account.
In the five or so days this game has been running, I had company constantly for 36 hours, then got a fever/bug right afterward that's been plaguing me off and on. I'm sitting home now, seeing if the food I just ate will give me what I need to get a half day in at work.
I should still be able to be around this afternoon.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:45 pm
In the five or so days this game has been running, I had company constantly for 36 hours, then got a fever/bug right afterward that's been plaguing me off and on. I'm sitting home now, seeing if the food I just ate will give me what I need to get a half day in at work.
Get better soon, man. :hug:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:47 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:45 pm
Get better soon, man. :hug:
:hugs:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:06 pm On juliets, so we believe her post (the one Sloonei just quoted) is actual demonstration of civviness or is it possible she just make that in a rush because she was prompted? As in, the legendary "player salad"? Currently entertaining that thought.
Sloonei indicated he would like my reads and I gave them. I don't understand how that qualifies as player salad.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 145

Post by sig »

I agree that the DH/TH vote switch was off, I also disliked DH early game iso for reasons that I already said. Furthermore I disagree that kills should be ignored, true theres the added factor but we shouldn't just ignore them especially with so many secret roles out there.

So I'd be down to lynch dh
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

[mention]juliets[/mention]

You'd tell me if you were mafia right? After our upick bonding.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sprityo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:28 pm
colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:16 pm

Awareness, information to keep in mind

That’s all. I can’t be every player in the game so I have to make sure everyone can at least consider and dismiss or approve of information I think is relevant
It's an interesting idea sprityo, one I certainly hadn't thought of. The thing I don't understand though is can a forger forge and identity like "Trickster"? I thought they only forged alignment. I haven't played many games with forgers so maybe I'm just confused.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also slightly ot, but I hate this player salad nonsense.i don't see a problem with giving lots of reads at once if it makes sense or is asked.
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

sig wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:57 pm I agree that the DH/TH vote switch was off, I also disliked DH early game iso for reasons that I already said. Furthermore I disagree that kills should be ignored, true theres the added factor but we shouldn't just ignore them especially with so many secret roles out there.

Neat.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sig wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:59 pm @juliets

lol, I think you'd be able to tell after all that time we spent together, which I can't help but point out was a baddie tactic to harm us that ended up winning us the game! (pokes at LC). I know I feel like I'm better informed about how you play.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:01 pm
sig wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:57 pm I agree that the DH/TH vote switch was off, I also disliked DH early game iso for reasons that I already said. Furthermore I disagree that kills should be ignored, true theres the added factor but we shouldn't just ignore them especially with so many secret roles out there.

Neat.
And by neat I mean "incredibly surface level hanger-on" What felt off about it?

And what does the underlined have to do with the price of tea in China?

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

timmer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:54 pm While I do my reread I will note here that speedchuck seems to have caught up but has made zero mention of my case and attempts to get people to vote for her. This doesn't help my opinion of what is still most an iso of discussing game mechanics and no sense of trying to find baddies.
I'm not caught up. As of right now, there are like 18 pages earlier in this game I have not and probably will never read. @ me when you want me to address things.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:05 pm
timmer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:54 pm While I do my reread I will note here that speedchuck seems to have caught up but has made zero mention of my case and attempts to get people to vote for her. This doesn't help my opinion of what is still most an iso of discussing game mechanics and no sense of trying to find baddies.
I'm not caught up. As of right now, there are like 18 pages earlier in this game I have not and probably will never read. @ me when you want me to address things.
Also I am very male. :llama:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

juliets wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:03 pm
sig wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:59 pm @juliets

lol, I think you'd be able to tell after all that time we spent together, which I can't help but point out was a baddie tactic to harm us that ended up winning us the game! (pokes at LC). I know I feel like I'm better informed about how you play.

Sweet. I'm about 80% sure juliet is a civ. The other twenty comes from a tin foil theory that the reason she dididdididndididdididnt say yes was out of fear of the lie detector. But, with the small time window i don't know if baddies would bother altering their statements and risk someone noticing that.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sweet. I'm about 80% sure juliet is a civ. The other twenty comes from a tin foil theory that the reason she didn't say yes was out of fear of the lie detector. But, with the small time window i don't know if baddies would bother altering their statements and risk someone noticing that.
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

sprityo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:29 pm I never trust flavor posts out of habit (speedchuck and I probably share this) this is a role that can make anyone else they kill reveal as something else. It’s not like I can ask long con “did the trickster for real for real die?”
I'm always auto-defaulting to "ignore all flavor impact" mode. GoC this year was a rude awakening.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:12 pm @ColinIsCool talk to me about timmer some more. I've been feeling better about him each time he posts, but you came in here today with your eye on him. I'd like to hear more about that.
It mostly stems from one post I highlighted earlier which I can reproduce and a lack of town reading him which I found easy to do in Hogwarts
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:05 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Neat.
And by neat I mean "incredibly surface level hanger-on" What felt off about it?

And what does the underlined have to do with the price of tea in China?
It all ties into Inflation and sunk cost.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

This is interesting. I had been reading DH as civ for the most part. I'll go back to your iso sig and re-visit your dislike of DH's early game.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

sig wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:22 pm I’m not a fan of DHs iso, it’s to early in the game to do proper ones imo and is a good way for mafia to be involved but say very little.
[mention]juliets[/mention] This is what he meant. In reference to me trying to ISO-List again.

Big ol :shrug: from me on this one.

RE: The underlined: I feel like I've said a shit ton, overall, and been pretty involved. So, moot point?

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

sig wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:00 pm Also slightly ot, but I hate this player salad nonsense.i don't see a problem with giving lots of reads at once if it makes sense or is asked.
Player salad is a great tell that very few people know how to define.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

sig wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:00 pm Also slightly ot, but I hate this player salad nonsense.i don't see a problem with giving lots of reads at once if it makes sense or is asked.
People misuse the term. It’s when the reads are unsubstantiated and based on nothing apparent in context, like if I said, “My scumreads are sprit, Epignosis, Sloonei and maybe speedchuck” and offered little-to-no-reasoning (because I can’t actually supply any).
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Obviously civs make posts like that, too, but it’s easy to see why a mafioso would.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 382
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[mention]colonialbob[/mention]

Are you asking me what to do with a bounty hunter/underpants gnome claim?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:11 pm
sig wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:22 pm I’m not a fan of DHs iso, it’s to early in the game to do proper ones imo and is a good way for mafia to be involved but say very little.
@juliets This is what he meant. In reference to me trying to ISO-List again.

RE: The underlined: I feel like I've said a shit ton, overall, and been pretty involved. So, moot point?
I went back and read what you said sig and then re-read DH's ISO points and realized that it was DH's point about wilgy that first got me looking at Wilgy. So I don't see the ISO posts as a negative at this point. My experience with DH has been that he's often trying to shake something loose when he plays, sometimes through sarcasm, sometimes through more straightforward reads. The caveat here is what I said in my reads post: he fooled us all in Hogwarts so I have to be wary of his behavior that looks civ to me.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Tranq wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:21 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:23 pm I'd rather lynch sprityo, he's low-key lurkin
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:42 am CfD G-Mang
I'm putting sprityo and G-Man down as not likely Corrupt Remnant for now.

Since when do the night posts reveal alignments?
Something I saw while skimming.

I'd clear neither of these. G-man worse than Sprit. TH left a vote on G-Man and did nothing with it as far as I know. Seems like easy distancing cred, and you're giving it to him.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:23 pm
Tranq wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:21 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:23 pm I'd rather lynch sprityo, he's low-key lurkin
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:42 am CfD G-Mang
I'm putting sprityo and G-Man down as not likely Corrupt Remnant for now.

Since when do the night posts reveal alignments?
Something I saw while skimming.

I'd clear neither of these. G-man worse than Sprit. TH left a vote on G-Man and did nothing with it as far as I know. Seems like easy distancing cred, and you're giving it to him.
speed are you saying the comment about sprityo is also distancing cred?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:11 pm
@juliets This is what he meant. In reference to me trying to ISO-List again.

That was from early in phase 1, but it did stick with me. Granted you’ve had more content since then, but as I said it seems like a good way for mafia to be involved early game, but not really say much.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:13 pm
People misuse the term. It’s when the reads are unsubstantiated and based on nothing apparent in context, like if I said, “My scumreads are sprit, Epignosis, Sloonei and maybe speedchuck” and offered little-to-no-reasoning (because I can’t actually supply any).
Okay got it, that makes more sense.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:46 am DharmaHelper and Turnip Head coordinated their actions at the end of the day I have zero doubt about it. They both tried to tie up the lynch between Wilgy and Wolbre. Turnip Head even moved his vote off of Wolbre (and not directly to Wilgy) to do so.
The bold/underlined fucks up your whole point my guy.
No it doesn't.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:39 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:46 am DharmaHelper and Turnip Head coordinated their actions at the end of the day I have zero doubt about it. They both tried to tie up the lynch between Wilgy and Wolbre. Turnip Head even moved his vote off of Wolbre (and not directly to Wilgy) to do so.
No it doesn't.
Yes it does. Wolbre was a civ. If TH and I were baddie teammates we'dve been fine lynching a civ. Why would TH move his vote off Wolbre just to fuck with shit.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] this is the post that rankled me regarding timmer
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:34 am I’m a little offended that you all think I would do such bush league stuff as a mafioso. :disappoint:
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:05 pm
timmer wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:17 pm Actually, to be more clear, Luna's vote seems fine. I was trying to reference this POST of hers: "Sorry, but that is not a god reason to vote someone. Anything Jack has done this game to make you suspect him?"

I don't like when people try to make big deals out of anyone's day 1 vote, because frankly, to me they ALL are weak votes. Why call one specific one out?
because if you want someone lynched you need to make a case on them. that is how mafia works.

[VOTE: timmer] aubergine
I enjoyed this assessment and at this point in time would have voted in agreement.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:40 pm
No it doesn't.
Yes it does. Wolbre was a civ. If TH and I were baddie teammates we'dve been fine lynching a civ. Why would TH move his vote off Wolbre just to fuck with shit.
I believe you both wanted to create a tie more so than anything. He moved his vote off Wolbre and onto Sloonei at a time that created a 6 v 6 tie. Answer could be as simple as "for the fun of it".
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:47 pm
No it doesn't.
I believe you both wanted to create a tie more so than anything. He moved his vote off Wolbre and onto Sloonei at a time that created a 6 v 6 tie. Answer could be as simple as "for the fun of it".
That's pretty basic.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:48 pm
No it doesn't.
That's pretty basic.
So why did you try to tie it if not for the fun of it?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:50 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:48 pm
No it doesn't.
That's pretty basic.
So why did you try to tie it if not for the fun of it?
Necause Wolbre said "do it bitch" and Luna's Wilgy vote looked like she was trying to save him.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”