Total votes: 11
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D3)

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:33 pm I assume ted was shot by a civilian, along with TH.
if ted had survived the night he'd be confirmed town by TH's flip. poopy.
Can you summarize the TH/Ted stuff that would have achieved this confirmation according to you?
Turnip Head pushed hard against ted most of the game. This included a vote on Day 1 when the poll was 4-4-3, with ted as the person with 3 votes. I accused TH of being too passive at the end of that phase, with the general idea being that all three of the wagons that day were civilians and the mafia team didn't care about the results. Beyond the push against ted, that vote in particular is a flashing red sign telling me that TH and ted are not aligned together.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 207
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:33 pm I assume ted was shot by a civilian, along with TH.
Can you summarize the TH/Ted stuff that would have achieved this confirmation according to you?
Turnip Head pushed hard against ted most of the game. This included a vote on Day 1 when the poll was 4-4-3, with ted as the person with 3 votes. I accused TH of being too passive at the end of that phase, with the general idea being that all three of the wagons that day were civilians and the mafia team didn't care about the results. Beyond the push against ted, that vote in particular is a flashing red sign telling me that TH and ted are not aligned together.
Fair enough.

Can you summarize what your stances were on each of them throughout the game/before they died?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 306
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

i feel like i don't deserve to be listened to anymore lol, but ah well. but shouldn't th's death exonerate speedchuck? speed voted for turnip and brought them and radish to a kitb.

ok i'm still gonna say my read on ted being right the whole time tho that... that was good right ;___;
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:47 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:44 pm wow, sucks to be wrong about turnip there in the end. i got charmed by the "idk what I'm doing thing"
If you're town it doesn't suck to see a red flip. You should be glad you were wrong. :suspish:
i mean i'm glad a wolf is gone but i have low self-confidence so being that wrong about someone burns me personally
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:51 pm i feel like i don't deserve to be listened to anymore lol, but ah well. but shouldn't th's death exonerate speedchuck? speed voted for turnip and brought them and radish to a kitb.

ok i'm still gonna say my read on ted being right the whole time tho that... that was good right ;___;
If this is true then speed should be town for the same reason [mention]Sloonei[/mention] discussed about ted above, yes? Did speed put TH in a tie situation at a time that mattered?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:53 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:51 pm i feel like i don't deserve to be listened to anymore lol, but ah well. but shouldn't th's death exonerate speedchuck? speed voted for turnip and brought them and radish to a kitb.

If this is true then speed should be town for the same reason @Sloonei discussed about ted above, yes? Did speed put TH in a tie situation at a time that mattered?
speed voted for turnip right at or close to eod. perhaps i'm misremembering though
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:53 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:47 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:44 pm wow, sucks to be wrong about turnip there in the end. i got charmed by the "idk what I'm doing thing"
If you're town it doesn't suck to see a red flip. You should be glad you were wrong. :suspish:
i mean i'm glad a wolf is gone but i have low self-confidence so being that wrong about someone burns me personally
Yeah, I understand. Just being picky about wording, figured it was worth a prod but I believe you for now.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:51 pm
Fair enough.

Can you summarize what your stances were on each of them throughout the game/before they died?
I was uncertain of most things for a lot of Day 1. Eventually I came around to a town read on ted Day 1. The main point was that his response to pressure in this game was much different than it was in the GoC. I voted for leetic on Day 1 over LC and ted.

I went back and forth on TH more than anyone else. Ultimately his inactivity at the end of Day 1 and the lack of attention he was receiving yesterday (all the credit goes to Mac on that observation) were the major selling points. I voted for TH yesterday, but I was unaware of the deadline and so I was not around to do things while speed and radishes became the two competing wagons. I think TH was a vote behind each of them.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:53 pm

If this is true then speed should be town for the same reason @Sloonei discussed about ted above, yes? Did speed put TH in a tie situation at a time that mattered?
maybe. i dunno. I had no idea the day was ending when it did yesterday, so I wasn't here when things were happening and I didn't read back. If that happened then my reads are certainly off the mark here.

TH had nothing to say about speedchuck and voted for master radishes instead of speed yesterday.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:56 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:51 pm
Fair enough.

I was uncertain of most things for a lot of Day 1. Eventually I came around to a town read on ted Day 1. The main point was that his response to pressure in this game was much different than it was in the GoC. I voted for leetic on Day 1 over LC and ted.

I went back and forth on TH more than anyone else. Ultimately his inactivity at the end of Day 1 and the lack of attention he was receiving yesterday (all the credit goes to Mac on that observation) were the major selling points. I voted for TH yesterday, but I was unaware of the deadline and so I was not around to do things while speed and radishes became the two competing wagons. I think TH was a vote behind each of them.
Okay, cool.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Actually I do think funnygurl is TH's teammate tho.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[VOTE: funnygurl555] aubergine

I don't feel like your reads/progressions on TH were legitimate.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:06 pm [VOTE: funnygurl555] aubergine

rip
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:07 pm

rip
Who should nutella vote for instead of you?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

i mean i can't blame you for thinking that. defending a wolf at eod is bad look but i'm also town so pls no

where'd mikey go
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:09 pm i mean i can't blame you for thinking that. defending a wolf at eod is bad look but i'm also town so pls no

where'd mikey go
vote for him and see if he shows up.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Turnip Head and ts account

Turnip Head's stuff

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:59 am Ts latching onto sloon for discussing mechanics felt a bit opportunist and now that they're actually discussing reads he's sinking his teeth in deeper
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:52 am
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:15 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:09 am I could use the same logic against you. You have only played a fraction of the amount of mafia games that exist so you can't truly know that mechanical talk is widely considered a scumtell. It might have been from the games you've played but not the many others have.

So basically, trying to say that mechanical talk is a scumtell is bullshit. It's not a universal opinion. I want you to explain to me what really makes mechanical talk a bad thing.
There exists somewhere a big imaginary book of mafia. When players are good enough, they get a chance to write a chapter of the book. In some footnotes, you will find clear references to mechanical discussion being a scumtell. I do not know what to tell you beyond this. I am not the one who decides what are and aren't considered scumtells, though I do have a few scumtells of my own that I have not seen other players share.

Generally, scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) will struggle to generate content. This is the closest thing you can get to objective in mafia- sort by postcount will almost always win more games than any individual player's reads, it has been tested. As a result of this, scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) will latch onto low-hanging talking points. In mystery games especially, mechanical discussion is inevitable from any alignment, but scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) are happy to engage in this discourse, as it means they don't have to provide fake content.

Happy?
You could argue in a post-modern mafia setting that going after someone for mechanics talk is the new low hanging fruit. I don't think your suspicion of sloonei for this looks particularly genuine. It's an easy suspicion to fake early and you haven't really let it go, like you're afraid what it would look like if you backed down here

This is a concrete accusation of ts account. It doesn't feel like it comes with any punch though. It's said at ts account and left blandly for a response.

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:42 pm
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:28 pm @ts account right off the bat 2.0, yeah, I am spinning everything negatively. That is the point of the exercise. It's not a nefarious agenda. When I make a case like that, I am asking myself whether or not I can see the player as mafia in each post. If the answer is yes, I share my interpretation of their possible mafia motives. That is what I did with your posts. I acknowledged in the post that there are other explanations. But I have concerns and I voiced them.
You do not seem interested in pursuing these other possibilities, therefore you do not seem interested in truly scumhunting.
I feel like you're talking about yourself. You don't seem interested in pursuing anything other than Sloonei being scum which has snowballed from the beginning of the game

This is again vaguely antagonistic. I'm reminded of TH's gripes about Epignosis. There is nothing that makes this a pressured attack on ts account; indeed it's a pretty lame softball.

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:54 pm ts account It's not impossible for me to view Sloon as bad actually, I just like how fired up he got after he was called out. He got real defensive real quick which I associate with town sloon. Not sure if I should see it like that or if I just don't want him to be bad for whatever reason.
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:36 pm
ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:34 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:24 pm Something is wrong with Long Con. He doesn't usually play with this tight of a grip. Like a rattlesnake getting all coiled up. He often gets suspected early and I'm one of the first to rush to his defense because I recognize his town game but this is off-meta for him and I think he knows it
Can you quote some posts that highlight this difference, for those of us who aren't familiar with them?
Maybe when I'm not on mobile and can find good examples

TH has a whack at a hanging curveball of a softball from ts account about LC.

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:43 pm sloonei and ts being w/w is my new favorite conspiracy theory
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:15 pm Like if the idea was for Sloonei to get involved re: mechanics and then for Mikey to engage him, and then for them to one up each other ad infinitum

Golden and I actually did that in Firefly mafia and neither of us got lynched

Imagine, for a moment, what TH does with this if ts account flips mafia with Sloonei alive.

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:14 pm I started the day more likely to vote Mikey and now I'm thinking of voting for Sloonei. It's not hard to view Sloonei's behavior through the lens where he's bad

Why is Mikey's name even here? Why is "I started the day more likely to vote _____" a necessary introduction to "I am thinking of voting for Sloonei"? Looks forced.

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:57 pm What I am seeing from Mikey is a little bit of between the lines solving which I very much like

Somehow both specific and vague simultaneously.

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:10 pm Mikey why are you off-wagon? I don't see you pushing Drago the same way you pushed Sloonei to start the game :ponder:

"Why are you off-wagon?" is less inspiring than "Mikey, you're off-wagon and it sucks."

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:29 pm I dug into leetic's ISO. He's got a good vibe to start with and his points don't seem underhanded or opportunistic, but that vibe sort of deteriorates as the day goes on, which could be a reaction to him getting votes. At one point he makes a point-for-point attack on ted which I found to be a little extra but I generally like the case.

He also made a really interesting point that got lost in the early game:
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:13 am
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:57 am
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:06 am
Y'know, this post is a bit weird. Mikey is calling out Sloonei for setup speculation, yet when you look at the first paragraph, that's exactly what he's doing here

Care to explain?
I would like to know from you. Are you worried about me pocketing you?
Mikey's behavior is weird, last game when he was town he wasn't going after the people doing setup speculation despite the fact that there was a lot going on. And what's with this business about pocketing, like of course I'm not going to discount the possibility of someone being scum just because they townread me. Now I'm voting Mikey for this reason.
This exchange looks sketchy on Mikey tbh

I came out of leetic's ISO feeling good about his early game and kind of questioning his vibe change later on, and I like his points about ted. I don't think I want to lynch leetic.

There's a suspicion of Mikey embedded in this post, but the larger message is "leetic civilian". Whatever.

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:42 am Scum team could be Mikey, funny girl and tedextr as far as I'm concerned
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:53 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:48 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:46 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:43 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:42 am Scum team could be Mikey, funny girl and tedextr as far as I'm concerned
Why these three names in particular?
It feels like they're working together to win the game.
Can you point to specific moments?

Funnygurl and ts account would be super aggressive in their associations if they’re partners. And funnygurl and ted. Maybe that sort of thing happens in non-syndicate places.
What if you looked into it and got back to me? If they're wolves together I see playful interactions, not super aggression. especially funnygurl -> mikey and funnygurl -> ted. Mikey -> funnygurl has been a more deliberate read, and then ted's just like their pet jackal

Back to this thing. TH constructed a b/s reason to associate Mikey, Funnygurl, and ted. As it stands, Mikey emerges from this post with the least negative take -- TH bothered to add that second-last phrase to his benefit. I don't care about "rule of three", but the contextual details of this goofy stuff make me think there's probably a teammate in that set.

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:40 am
ts account wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:35 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:29 am I don't recall you pushing leetic being in his town meta before the lynch was over. Is this hindsight or "I told you so?" And why should long con die if he's overwhelmingly likely to be town?
I wanted to lynch Dragomir yesterday, but I was happy with Long Con dying especially after their self vote. I was pushing a counterwagon to leetic, and had leetic as hard town in all of my read lists rather than a town lean or anything. If somebody self votes, it means they believe they are the best lynch. So, I should also believe they are the best lynch, because a towny will usually believe they are not the best lynch being guaranteed town. If you do not like policy lynches, then this would make less sense to you, probably.
Sounds like following the letter of the law and not the spirit of it. The game is rarely so cut and dry. I feel like you're only taking this stance because it suits your agenda.

This may be the most incisive of TH's accusations of ts account. Try as I may to avoid bias here, none of these interactions are making me feel anything.

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:12 am [VOTE: ts account] aubergine

TH's first post of this real-time day. I will have to determine the context here. The vote is thrown into the void.

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:21 pm It wasn't that big of a thing really. Maybe I'll want to revisit it at some point but I think I've moved onto Mikey for now

You "think"? :charlieblackmon:

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:32 am Does anyone have an opinion on Mikey they'd like to share? Also Mac's vote for speedchuck feels phoned it but I was townreading him aside from that

I'd like to say that asking the general roster for takes on Mikey ought to be a positive thing, and yet still this is essentially nothing. He isn't promoting his prior vote; he is promoting idle chatter.

~~~

ts account's stuff not already covered

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:10 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:48 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:59 am ok i gotta ask what's up with radish and turnip accs viewing the thread

at first i saw a turnip and was like "cool" but now there's also a radish and does the syndicate have a root vegetable fetish?
I'm named after a quote from the television show LOST. I actually have no idea where Master Radishes came from, though I did catch him as scum from like his second post in the last game
What do you think, FG? Is this a lost wolf soft?
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:52 am You could argue in a post-modern mafia setting that going after someone for mechanics talk is the new low hanging fruit. I don't think your suspicion of sloonei for this looks particularly genuine. It's an easy suspicion to fake early and you haven't really let it go, like you're afraid what it would look like if you backed down here
I do not care what you think, especially since it is wrong.

ts account was forgiving of TH in this exchange. The latter was "wrong", not "evil".

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:16 pm Dragomir- scum lean
Epignosis- null
Funnygurl555- scum lean
leetic- town
Long Con- light town
MacDougall- null
Master Radishes- null
Sloonei- scum lean
speedchuck- null
tedxtr- light town
ts account- town
TonyStarkPrime- null
Turnip Head- null

There are a few players who are likely town who simply have not posted enough for me to get a reasonable read on them- speedchuck and epignosis I would GTH town.
Ted is a problem because their reads don't make sense. Radishes sounds towny in a vacuum but this weird concept of me backtracking must have come from somewhere and I am leery of that. I am probably wrong on sloonei but I will take to task the dismantling of his case anyway. Overall I see a lot of "probably town" simply doing scummy things.

TH is one of six bloody nulls. Interactions aside, that kind of non-committal list is a problem on its own. The TH read does no favors.

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:44 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:42 pm
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:28 pm @ts account right off the bat 2.0, yeah, I am spinning everything negatively. That is the point of the exercise. It's not a nefarious agenda. When I make a case like that, I am asking myself whether or not I can see the player as mafia in each post. If the answer is yes, I share my interpretation of their possible mafia motives. That is what I did with your posts. I acknowledged in the post that there are other explanations. But I have concerns and I voiced them.
You do not seem interested in pursuing these other possibilities, therefore you do not seem interested in truly scumhunting.
I feel like you're talking about yourself. You don't seem interested in pursuing anything other than Sloonei being scum which has snowballed from the beginning of the game
That snowballing feeling you mention, you notice it because I have been keeping an open mind, and if you look at some of my posts you can see I postulate alternatives for sloonei's behavior, but ultimately the scumminess keeps piling on. I do not think I can ignore it at this point.

Similar theme as earlier: ts account responds to a TH accusation by explaining himself but makes no visible effort to better understand the motivations of his accuser.

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:35 pm What is your read on Turnip Head?

You tell me. :meany:

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:41 pm
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:35 pm What is your read on Turnip Head?
TH isn't a player I read particularly well. His willingness to consider that we are partners is a little bizarre, but I feel like the recent shift to focus on me is more likely to come from a civilian Turnip than a mafia one.
You?
I see a lot of confirmation bias in Turnip regarding the last bit. That is what I'm currently pondering more than the first bit. I do not know how to unpack the sloonei/ts account world, so I do not know how to read players who are looking at it seriously yet.

This is absolutely empty.

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:10 pm I also am getting turnip and radishes confused, though that may be more due to funnygurl comparing them than me actually thinking about turnips and radishes similarly. Both have displayed no small amount of confirmation bias but have some good posts in a vacuum.

What are the good posts?

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:17 pm Post #342 and #346 seem to be confirmation bias because they show turnip is starting with the conclusion- Sloonei is scum- and then seeing the play fit into that pattern, rather than looking at the play and deciding that they are scum because xyz.

Okay, so we have examples of "confirmation bias". Is that good? Is that bad? Is that anything? What is the conclusion you draw from this?

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:42 am
tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:37 am
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:17 pm Post #342 and #346 seem to be confirmation bias because they show turnip is starting with the conclusion- Sloonei is scum- and then seeing the play fit into that pattern, rather than looking at the play and deciding that they are scum because xyz.
I’ve always hated reads like this, this is not how this works.

It would’ve been so if someone read Sloonei’s posts, didn’t say anything about them, then 2 days later or so they would’ve made a post, not even having thought about making that post in advance, just like “Hey, I have to make a post now! Let’s see what we can do...”

“Hmm...Let’s type in...Sloonei is scum...why? Well...”

And then he twists everything that he retained from sloonei’s posts in order to make him scum.

But most of the time what people are calling confbias is just bad structuring of posts / they want you to see what they think firsthand, rather than walking you through the process of how they got there.
Did you look at those posts? I am more inclined to think turnip is dipping into confirmation bias and just entertaining a scum sloonei world for a bit, as opposed to their read on the slot actually changing/progressing.

Okay, this is sort of a read. It implies a town read; that still isn't quite stated.

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:37 pm Dragomir- scum
Epignosis- null
Funnygurl555- null
leetic- town
Long Con- null
MacDougall- town
Master Radishes- town lean
Sloonei- scum lean
speedchuck- null
tedxtr- town lean
ts account- town
TonyStarkPrime- null
Turnip Head- town lean

Now it's a town lean. I don't really see any satisfactory development to lead to this read, but it's a read.

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:19 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:12 pm
ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:10 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:54 pm
Or maybe I'm a town who thinks the cases on me don't make sense?
Attempting to dismantle an established scumtell does not seem a towny-driven method to escape the noose, in my opinion. I find it interesting that both times I have brought up established scumtells, you have resorted to attacking the legitimacy of the scumtell itself, anyway.
Aight so what else you got going on? Any other suspects? Who else do you town read?
Right now, I am mostly concerned that I have not felt a desire to sponge other players' reads into my own worldbuilding. I also worry about most of my town leans having some kind of issue, like ted's apparent flip on me seemingly out of nowhere, or turnip head's willingness to engage in sloonei/ts scumbud rhetoric. I think town overall is not playing as well as we could be. However, if you are town then you have a history of consistently bagging wolves, so I would like to see more bigposts from you in the future, especially if you rip in the night. Funnygurl is right on Long Con, they seem to be promising quite a bit and giving quite little. Turnip Head claims to have a solid meta read on Long Con and also does not like them. Aside from these things, my most recent reads list remains true. Although, leetic did say a bigpost from them was coming. I look forward to that.

These words lead to no point.

ts account wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:28 pm Dragomir- scum
Epignosis- null
Funnygurl555- town lean
leetic- town
Long Con- scum
MacDougall- town
Master Radishes- town
Sloonei- scum lean
speedchuck- null
tedxtr- town lean
ts account- town
TonyStarkPrime- null
Turnip Head- town lean

I am feeling a lot better about my reads today. I have plenty of town to work with, that I am confident in. I still do not commit to the hard ted town read, even though it is probably my strongest town lean of the three I have. But ted is an extraordinarily good player if they are able to fake the mindset they have been showing while solving. Epignosis plays similarly to Mantichora, in my opinion, but possibly without the pedigree of the latter? Speedchuck is a curious case, because I remember liking both their tone and them as a person, yet I do not feel so emotionally attached to them here.
I would like to see more from Tony as I believe the null read there is due to their content not really impressing upon me. I find that they have made a few good points but lack any sort of followup or worldbuilding.

TH read persists. Sure.

ts account wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:32 pm So, I still do not like Long Con's behavior last EOD. I also do not like the leetic wagon very much; however... I believe speedchuck is likely to be mafia just due to the tendency for a single mafia to stay off lead wagons. Epignosis or Turnip Head could both be mafia as well for this reason, but I have liked Epignosis' play much less.

There are some mental gymnastics needed here to alleviate the pressure that would otherwise fall upon TH -- the negative message is stronger for Long Con, speedchuck, and Epignosis.

ts account wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:51 am I hate to be the person to bring it up, but it is interesting Turnip Head is looking for a team of three. I thought with 15 players it would be more likely that we are looking at a team of four.

I hate it, both as an interaction and as a general assertion. 11 vs. 4 is no more standard than 12 vs. 3, and indeed it's probably less standard. Hokey.

ts account wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:07 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:04 am Anyways I'm shutting up about this now because I know I sound like a crazy person until someone else sees what I see
I just provided you sound logic that nearly disproves the entire wolf team, and the best you could do is "You were planning for this, the scenario where someone brings up this exact trio, all along and brought suspicion on your partner day 1 when it wasn't necessary just so that you could shut down the three-player associative on day 2!" No, apply Occam's Razor, and you should find your answer.

This should, in theory, be an accusation. The last sentence ruins that. At this point if ts account is a civilian, then they have made a grievous error on multiple occasions by just giving TH a break every time.

~~~

Conclusion

I had a ton to say here, and a ton of it was bad. I don't even view this as "tinfoil". ts account is a compatible teammate of Turnip Head.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:08 pm

rip
i don't know. given turnip head and tsp's back and forth last eod i can't really suspect him that bad anymore

you look really good coming out of that eod. i'ma still say that speed looks good too (voted th at 6:52 EDT when EOD was 7 EDT).

so we got mikey (cry), long con, epi

and from that list i'd go epi

anyone got an eod votecount handy?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why do I look good from the eod yesterday?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Don't lynch
Long Con
Sloonei
TonyStarkPrime

Pressure without falling into a tunnel
Funnygurl555

Pressure and tunnel if it feels right
ts account

Murder
Epignosis
speedchuck
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:17 pm Why do I look good from the eod yesterday?
you were on th and didn't waver. that's kinda what started the eod wagon. also apparently you didn't know when eod was lmao
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Funnygurl, something weird just happened in this game and I demand that you acknowledge it

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:17 pm Don't lynch
Long Con
Sloonei
TonyStarkPrime

Funnygurl555

ts account

Murder
Epignosis
speedchuck
People are saying speedchuck voted for TH yesterday and can’t be bad because of it. What are your thoughts?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:17 pm Why do I look good from the eod yesterday?
you were on th and didn't waver. that's kinda what started the eod wagon. also apparently you didn't know when eod was lmao
Maybe I didn’t waver because I didn’t know the day was ending. Maybe I would have.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D2)

Post by nutella »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:11 am closing thoughts before i sleep:

a radish lynch is spicy and i'd be behind it if y'all do some substantial grilling before eod. i want to see him under pressure

i can't shake thinking that ted is town and i don't want him to be lynched, but if y'all do end up lynching him, that's some great info

epi isn't a d2 lynch

i think tsp should die still. someone tell me why he's town and why that's a bad idea

mac and ts are untouchable. sloonei looks pretty good

turnip honestly looks better to me. kinda looks like they don't know what they're doing. wouldn't want a turnip lynch

lc prolly shouldn't die. they should get vig'd though, or copped, or something

speedchuck could die, sure.
Ehhh. This kind of wording is highly compatible with backing off of a teammate once they are actually getting heat.
Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:11 am i'm done with day 1 now. radish really needs a good grilling, lc is town, i don't support a turnip lynch, speed's reactive posts are very natural and imo give him town points

***snip***

interesting response by turnip head.
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:50 pm I think our long con is broken, maybe we can exchange it for a newer model
i agree. th's d1 eod was good
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:53 pm This kind of defeatism always ends in a civilian lynch

Nah. What? Why does the final quote represent a "good" eod from TH? The quoted comment is easily interpreted as a wolf who knows that a townie is about to be lynched. What even is this take??

Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:39 pm I advise you guys to vote radish. turnip has been utr but appears to be a lost town moreso than a wolf

radish is trying to project town but there's something calculated about his pushes and his votes. I think that's more likely to be a hit

mikey is right. wagons should consider claiming right before eod
Not great. Yeah could just be wrong town with this kind of directness, but I get a bad feeling from this.
And finally we have this. I know I just said I can believe it as a genuine town perspective, but there is a pretty good argument for the other side as well: Funnygurl had some oscillations on her read of TH for the first few days, but landed on a pretty firm town stance on them on d2 when they were facing a decent amount of pressure. It may then be reasonable for scum!FG to think that she's maybe gotten her teammate out of the danger zone by the end of d2. But then, TH was vig shot. This took FG by surprise. She was not expecting them to flip in the night, so she was not prepared to look good upon their flip. She sees that TH died unexpectedly and thinks "oh crap, I ended on professing their townieness, I have to look like I'm genuinely upset about being wrong."

This is not a foolproof argument by any means and could easily be argued the other way, but when I put the glasses on it makes too much sense for me to brush off.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:19 pm Funnygurl, something weird just happened in this game and I demand that you acknowledge it
what happened? you being in the game?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:09 pm i mean i can't blame you for thinking that. defending a wolf at eod is bad look but i'm also town so pls no

where'd mikey go
:shrug2: I'm not 100% sold by any means, your behavior today will be paramount to my final decision but consider yourself under scrutiny.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:22 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:18 pm
Maybe I didn’t waver because I didn’t know the day was ending. Maybe I would have.
your teammates woulda @'d you yeah? ehh w/e i just think it's more likely than not that you're town from that eod
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

One of funnygurl or ts account would be the name I’d add to my POE, I guess.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:23 pm

where'd mikey go
:shrug2: I'm not 100% sold by any means, your behavior today will be paramount to my final decision but consider yourself under scrutiny.
ok :O
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:21 pm People are saying speedchuck voted for TH yesterday and can’t be bad because of it. What are your thoughts?
Votes are stupid and I don't care. If someone can provide me with some context to frame that vote I am open to hearing the case.

In a vacuum though votes are close to meaningless to me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:24 pm One of funnygurl or ts account would be the name I’d add to my POE, I guess.
if mikey's a wolf i will wolf read him in every future game. you think my rivalry with t-force is bad?

mark my words man

but for now i gotta trust on his scout honor
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Aaaand I just read Jay's analysis of Mikey. That looks quite bad.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:19 pm Funnygurl, something weird just happened in this game and I demand that you acknowledge it
nutella and I both. Just seemed weird to post stuff without making note of the fact that two strangers randomly appeared

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:27 pm
nutella and I both. Just seemed weird to post stuff without making note of the fact that two strangers randomly appeared
ngl i kinda expected it
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:15 pm

rip
i don't know. given turnip head and tsp's back and forth last eod i can't really suspect him that bad anymore

you look really good coming out of that eod. i'ma still say that speed looks good too (voted th at 6:52 EDT when EOD was 7 EDT).

Is the "cry" another indication of being upset that you may have been wrongly trusting of mikey?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

On Day 1 I locked Drago in as town because he about halfway through the phase he decided to discard everything and begin reading the thread again from the beginning, posting all of his thoughts along the way. I was very vocal about town reading Drago specifically for this reason.

Yesterday funnygurl did the same thing. I did not award her the same credit because it had already been done once before, and a mafia copycat could conceivably try to score sweet civilian cred by doing it as well. And yet, she still did if. The effort is visible. She provided reads and prodded people as she caught back up. I don’t know which way I’d lean, but this is an important thing to consider.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 286

Post by Epignosis »

I haven't read, but if JJJ and Sloonei are voting for me, fuck this shit. I'm claiming.

I'm a limited role blocker. I had to ask because my role didn't make any sense to me. In what way I am limited I don't know. But get your filthy votes of me.

I targeted Sloonei Night 2 and I targeted no one Night 1 because I goofed.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:27 pm
ngl i kinda expected it
This isn’t unfair, for the record. I also expected you guys to stop by eventually.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:29 pm I haven't read, but if JJJ and Sloonei are voting for me, fuck this shit. I'm claiming.

I'm a limited role blocker. I had to ask because my role didn't make any sense to me. In what way I am limited I don't know. But get your filthy votes of me.

I do not believe that I was roleblocked last night.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:17 pm Don't lynch
Long Con
Sloonei
TonyStarkPrime

Funnygurl555

ts account

Murder
Epignosis
speedchuck
These are weird tier names, what's with the anticipation of tunneling?

There seems to be some dissent on your clearance of LC, and there is an uncorroborated claim that speed may be clear from a vote that put TH in real danger but I'd like the evidence. And as should be clear now I would put funnygurl lower.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:31 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:29 pm I haven't read, but if JJJ and Sloonei are voting for me, fuck this shit. I'm claiming.

I do not believe that I was roleblocked last night.
I'm telling the truth.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:28 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:15 pm

rip

Is the "cry" another indication of being upset that you may have been wrongly trusting of mikey?
yeah. :( i'm like really hoping he's town 'cause it would be cool to play on the same team as a friend when i'm in a new environment. in past games, instead of earnestly reading him, i fell into the trap of clearing him 'cause i want him to be town, and that's completely thrown off my reads in games before.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

That can be a true claim and still have no bearing on your alignment. One could argue it's worse than no claim at all.

Why is Sloonei the best player to block on Night 2?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:32 pm yeah. :( i'm like really hoping he's town 'cause it would be cool to play on the same team as a friend when i'm in a new environment. in past games, instead of earnestly reading him, i fell into the trap of clearing him 'cause i want him to be town, and that's completely thrown off my reads in games before.
If you know him better than I do (you probably do), please briefly describe what you thought made him look good in this one.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't believe that Epignosis suspects Sloonei.

He may well have tried a block. Blocking Sloonei is horseshit. Give me a break.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

This smells like bullshit.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:33 pm

That can be a true claim and still have no bearing on your alignment. One could argue it's worse than no claim at all.

Why is Sloonei the best player to block on Night 2?
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 79#p598879

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”