Total votes: 15
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: he

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by Vivax »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:58 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:54 pm Still don’t trust Quin today but it seems like not many agree with me.
Quin is perhaps my strongest town read in this game right now.
Ironically, both here might be cleared off these posts.
Ideas ?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 149

Post by DrWilgy »

Vivax wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:49 am
S~V~S wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:01 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:47 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:46 am At the time I'm writing/reading all this:

bea - 21 posts
Spoiler: show
After some early game fun posts, downplays her ability as a mafia then the rest of Night 0 is more reminiscing.

As Day 1 begins, here to a vote from Scotty that seems a bit wonky, is "confused" by NotAnAxhole's post, defends her cheery attitude and is disheartened that she has gotten some votes. Agrees with G-Man RE: Day 1 needing to be more substantive and RE: laying out some adverbs. Has some interesting exchanges RE: DF's activity level. Particularly interested in the defense of DF by way of saying that Golden's defense of DF itself "vibes better" for Golden.Defends herself from Sig/Llama's criticism of low posters by saying she's getting back in the swing of things. Refuses to give a solid read/opinion on the current state of the game, instead saying she "generally sees the good in everyone".

Here she again downplays her ability to lie/be mafia

Here She offers 3 "reads". I say "reads" because they're "This person hasn't done anything noteworthy yet, this person is quiet, and this person is confusing" which mean nothing to me and could be taken any number of ways.

Has a bit of an exchange with Golden that doesn't seem to be amounting to much

Then forgets when the poll ends.

Overall Read - I don't like the "teehee I'm bad at being bad" stuff generally speaking. I don't think the reads she's offered up have any meat to them, and I think her G-Man post is buddying. Nothing I'm reading from her is quite worth a vote just yet but Bea is not comfortably outside of my radar by any means.
DFaraday - 1 post

Nothing here worth looking into or posting about, moving on!

Dr Wilgy - 15 posts
Here an early vote for Scotty that does not appear very serious. Which is then "revoked" here and replaced with a vote for Sig that doesn't appear very serious. Lots of licking summarized here

Overall Read - Doc is a strange guy and (intentionally) hard to nail down early. If later contributions are at this level I'm worried, but for now, nothing to make hay over.
Eloh - 12 Posts
Here is the Post Heard Round The World, Eloh attaches onto Sloonei's "suspicion" of sig, pointing out that she is not a fan of changing votes and would r ather take the day to consider things. Says that the only way sig would know votes were changeable would be after he'd voted (making his hasty vote suspect). Defends herself here by saying that Rule #5 says votes are "maybe" changeable. Says she'd read the ROLES, including "Moveable Votes", but didn't understand it. Claims she'd confused it for a RULE, but after sleeping on it sees the error she made. Retracts her sig suspicion.

Here and Here defends herself from mine and Scotty's comments by saying we ought to "know" to give her "leeway" and that she "wasn't lying". I confess to having intentionally responded only with a :ponder: to see what shook loose (if either she would respond defensively, or if someone would take the crumb and run with it, both of which happened).

Here is an exchange with Scotty. Scotty is saying Eloh "presented her suspicion in so many words" and dropped it "without offering any other reads for other players". Eloh's response is that "day one reads are a shot in the dark" and "there was a lot going on" at the time of her post. My two cents being that Eloh made a gut read oon sig based on faulty/misunderstood info, retracted it when she was found to have been misinformed, end of. I don't agree with the assertion by Scotty that she was obligated to offer another read or that she is suspicious for not having done so. Then Eloh makes some pretty generic statements about how mafia would act, and uses that to cast suspicion onto Scotty by saying he is being "kind of silly/off topic and distracting from gameplay". How that holds up will have to wait until I read Scotty's posts.

Here responds more in detail by offering commentary on my questions to Scotty, calling Scottys response "very bad". Says she's not voting for people she doesn't know.

Criticizes NotAnAxehole [url=https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php?p=966070#p966070]Here
For being pessimistic about the lynch prospects.

Here Sees Scotty's response as him "edging off" his suspicion of her. Refuses to offer a baddie read when asked, but offers a tame, relatively safe "bea is a civ because she would have had teammates to tell her when the poll ends" read.

Overall Read - Indie probably.
Fingersplints - 13 Posts
After some N0 Fluff Defends NotAnAxhole's behavior as "NAI" when Llama starts sniffing around, but also says that llama's line of questioning is good. So a net 0.

[url=https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php?p=966005#p966005]Here
Doesn't like the Eloh/Scotty discourse. Says Eloh was "quick to jump on" the sig stuff, but defends her and offers that it would've been "easier for mafia Eloh to leave the suspicion on sig", which I disagree with because it was such an easily disprovable suspicion. Says Scotty was "quick to jump on Eloh" which I agree with. Turns out Splints does want to jump into the Eloh/Scotty discourse, but may not want to look like she did.

Votes for Sloonei because she has "high expectations" and wants to see where they're at.

Sniffs out that Llama left out DFaraday as a low poster[url] (when Llama was saying that mafia are laying low/low posting).

Overall Read - I wanna see where the llama stuff goes. I'm leaning civ for Splints atm.
G-Man - 13 posts [spoiler] [url=http ... 65904]Here After some Night 0 fluff and catching up and whatnot, offers some mechanical insight into the game (specifically the adverb mechanics).

Here Says he's "useless" on Day 1.

Here Defends NotAnAxehole's behavior as "NAI" and suggests that we "ignore some of his punchier tendencies".

Here says that Llama being "loose" is a good sign

Here Says he doesn't want to lynch anyone with a low post count (LoRab, DF, Kate). Says he thinks Llama is good and that Eloh is "Bait". Doesn't want to lynch Vivax because they're new to each other. Thinks that "chopping from the top half of the post count" will yield the most content. (Scotty, Sloonei, Golden, Me, Bea, Michelle, and NAA)

Hesitates based on the Rez Mechanic.

Overall Read - Saying that you want a more productive Day 1 and then giving people who are being the least productive on Day 1 a lynch pass, while singling out the people who are giving you what you asked for as worth lynching is a bad look. Offering little "meat" yourself while requesting it from others is another bad look. My man is not a civ. [/spoiler]

Taking a break from my reads for now.

Here's a cleaner non-busted post
This post is stellar. Absolutely stellar.
Caveat: Mafia got cold feet and killed SVS for this. Could mean town is being led around by the nose by Wilgy and Eloh.
SVS had become a town consensus and I don't think was going to be yeeted.

What leap got you to me Eloh temmies out of this?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Vivax wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:16 am
Golden wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:54 pm Still don’t trust Quin today but it seems like not many agree with me.
Ideas ?
I disagree with Sloonei being cleared for going hard on a wolf town. It's easy to do and WIFOM. Golden's makes sense though.

Where Quin/Sloonei wavers I think is a better place to investigate.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:12 pm
Vivax wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:49 am
S~V~S wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:01 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:47 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:46 am At the time I'm writing/reading all this:

bea - 21 posts
After some early game fun posts, downplays her ability as a mafia then the rest of Night 0 is more reminiscing.

As Day 1 begins, here to a vote from Scotty that seems a bit wonky, is "confused" by NotAnAxhole's post, defends her cheery attitude and is disheartened that she has gotten some votes. Agrees with G-Man RE: Day 1 needing to be more substantive and RE: laying out some adverbs. Has some interesting exchanges RE: DF's activity level. Particularly interested in the defense of DF by way of saying that Golden's defense of DF itself "vibes better" for Golden.Defends herself from Sig/Llama's criticism of low posters by saying she's getting back in the swing of things. Refuses to give a solid read/opinion on the current state of the game, instead saying she "generally sees the good in everyone".

Here she again downplays her ability to lie/be mafia

Here She offers 3 "reads". I say "reads" because they're "This person hasn't done anything noteworthy yet, this person is quiet, and this person is confusing" which mean nothing to me and could be taken any number of ways.

Has a bit of an exchange with Golden that doesn't seem to be amounting to much

Then forgets when the poll ends.

Overall Read - I don't like the "teehee I'm bad at being bad" stuff generally speaking. I don't think the reads she's offered up have any meat to them, and I think her G-Man post is buddying. Nothing I'm reading from her is quite worth a vote just yet but Bea is not comfortably outside of my radar by any means.
DFaraday - 1 post

Nothing here worth looking into or posting about, moving on!

Dr Wilgy - 15 posts
Here an early vote for Scotty that does not appear very serious. Which is then "revoked" here and replaced with a vote for Sig that doesn't appear very serious. Lots of licking summarized here

Overall Read - Doc is a strange guy and (intentionally) hard to nail down early. If later contributions are at this level I'm worried, but for now, nothing to make hay over.
Eloh - 12 Posts
Here is the Post Heard Round The World, Eloh attaches onto Sloonei's "suspicion" of sig, pointing out that she is not a fan of changing votes and would r ather take the day to consider things. Says that the only way sig would know votes were changeable would be after he'd voted (making his hasty vote suspect). Defends herself here by saying that Rule #5 says votes are "maybe" changeable. Says she'd read the ROLES, including "Moveable Votes", but didn't understand it. Claims she'd confused it for a RULE, but after sleeping on it sees the error she made. Retracts her sig suspicion.

Here and Here defends herself from mine and Scotty's comments by saying we ought to "know" to give her "leeway" and that she "wasn't lying". I confess to having intentionally responded only with a :ponder: to see what shook loose (if either she would respond defensively, or if someone would take the crumb and run with it, both of which happened).

Here is an exchange with Scotty. Scotty is saying Eloh "presented her suspicion in so many words" and dropped it "without offering any other reads for other players". Eloh's response is that "day one reads are a shot in the dark" and "there was a lot going on" at the time of her post. My two cents being that Eloh made a gut read oon sig based on faulty/misunderstood info, retracted it when she was found to have been misinformed, end of. I don't agree with the assertion by Scotty that she was obligated to offer another read or that she is suspicious for not having done so. Then Eloh makes some pretty generic statements about how mafia would act, and uses that to cast suspicion onto Scotty by saying he is being "kind of silly/off topic and distracting from gameplay". How that holds up will have to wait until I read Scotty's posts.

Here responds more in detail by offering commentary on my questions to Scotty, calling Scottys response "very bad". Says she's not voting for people she doesn't know.

Criticizes NotAnAxehole [url=https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php?p=966070#p966070]Here
For being pessimistic about the lynch prospects.

Here Sees Scotty's response as him "edging off" his suspicion of her. Refuses to offer a baddie read when asked, but offers a tame, relatively safe "bea is a civ because she would have had teammates to tell her when the poll ends" read.

Overall Read - Indie probably.
Fingersplints - 13 Posts
After some N0 Fluff Defends NotAnAxhole's behavior as "NAI" when Llama starts sniffing around, but also says that llama's line of questioning is good. So a net 0.

[url=https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php?p=966005#p966005]Here
Doesn't like the Eloh/Scotty discourse. Says Eloh was "quick to jump on" the sig stuff, but defends her and offers that it would've been "easier for mafia Eloh to leave the suspicion on sig", which I disagree with because it was such an easily disprovable suspicion. Says Scotty was "quick to jump on Eloh" which I agree with. Turns out Splints does want to jump into the Eloh/Scotty discourse, but may not want to look like she did.

Votes for Sloonei because she has "high expectations" and wants to see where they're at.

Sniffs out that Llama left out DFaraday as a low poster[url] (when Llama was saying that mafia are laying low/low posting).

Overall Read - I wanna see where the llama stuff goes. I'm leaning civ for Splints atm.
G-Man - 13 posts [spoiler] [url=http ... 65904]Here After some Night 0 fluff and catching up and whatnot, offers some mechanical insight into the game (specifically the adverb mechanics).

Here Says he's "useless" on Day 1.

Here Defends NotAnAxehole's behavior as "NAI" and suggests that we "ignore some of his punchier tendencies".

Here says that Llama being "loose" is a good sign

Here Says he doesn't want to lynch anyone with a low post count (LoRab, DF, Kate). Says he thinks Llama is good and that Eloh is "Bait". Doesn't want to lynch Vivax because they're new to each other. Thinks that "chopping from the top half of the post count" will yield the most content. (Scotty, Sloonei, Golden, Me, Bea, Michelle, and NAA)

Hesitates based on the Rez Mechanic.

Overall Read - Saying that you want a more productive Day 1 and then giving people who are being the least productive on Day 1 a lynch pass, while singling out the people who are giving you what you asked for as worth lynching is a bad look. Offering little "meat" yourself while requesting it from others is another bad look. My man is not a civ. [/spoiler]

Taking a break from my reads for now.

Here's a cleaner non-busted post
This post is stellar. Absolutely stellar.
Caveat: Mafia got cold feet and killed SVS for this. Could mean town is being led around by the nose by Wilgy and Eloh.
SVS had become a town consensus and I don't think was going to be yeeted.

What leap got you to me Eloh temmies out of this?
There's also the matter of me voting you on D1 and Eloh coming out of the woodworks to question me about it.
To which you replied that her post tasted like...Dandelions like you weren't really fond of her reasons to TR you ? Either way, something similar and it left a weird aftertaste when I revisited it.
The aftertaste confirms it is indeed Wilgy who wrote that, but the better question is if that wasn't some distancing.

Would especially like input from others on this.

That said, I was surprised you didn't want to call me mafia off the EoD yesterday post-Quin flip.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:16 pm
Elohcin wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:54 pm
Vivax wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:45 pm
Elohcin wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:43 pm
Vivax wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:39 pm [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
I think it would be really helpful if there were points given as to why you are voting someone when you do so.
Don't like the game state, would like Wilgy to do stuff as he's sort of just there for a majority of players.
Looking over your posts in reference to Wilgy, you first townread him and then you didn't have much of anything of substance on him. You had stronger cases for others. This vote seems to come out of nowhere. Your gameplay so far looks like trying to fly under the radar so far Day 1.

To everyone, this whole debacle with Scotty has taken my focus away from what's important. I've been focused on defending myself so much because no one seems to understand my words!! It's taken all my energy and I haven't been able to see players for what they are doing.

Vivax is on my radar.
*Lick*

Eloh you taste strange in this post. Like a bit of epoxy covered dandelion.

You either W shield me to form a pocket of lint and squish OR V see a discrepancy re Vivax's read. However bland Vivax may be, they taste of pasta water.
Aye allow me to translate.

Eloh's read of you based on me was weird. Eloh self admits to not understanding my gimmicks yet side eyes you for wanting more from me. Based on the wording it makes sense from the Eloh perspective, but still seemed strange that they disagreed.

Your read being of pasta water was because it was as bland as bland could be.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 6]

Post by DrWilgy »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:11 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:07 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:05 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:58 pm Why am I not dead.
Pretty sure you are a wolf if Michelle is town.

I think wagons between you and Michelle is acceptable. Vivax is a good alt.
We should not be wagoning scotty. If we get to lylo and he’s still alive, it could be worth a thorough investigation. Short of that, no.

The most likely explanations for scotty not dying are still civ reasons.
Fair enough.

Resolving Michelle makes sense.

Resolving Vivax makes sense. I read Vivax's swap to Michelle as either town who's just Rand adversary to my taunt (which is fine because Michelle is still likely w), or took the lhf of a taunt to try to save quin. Former more likely than latter.
Also I already chimed in regarding your EoD. See above.
Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 575
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Ideas ?
Well, I wouldn’t clear anyone in this game except myself, who is mechanically cleared.

But to answer your question, this is a big crux of why I suspect Sloonei with this Quin flip.

This is a great segueway
Putting Some Tinfoil on the Salt Shaker
Sloonei was the biggest defender of Quin for the first 3 days. It seemed like he still found Quin a Townread when he voted for Quin yesterday. If he did suspect Quin, he certainly didn’t record those thoughts in the thread. But why vote out teammate NP Blue Quin, even if Michelle is another bad teammate?

As devil’s advocate, hard shielding your partner early and often is a brazen and backfire-prone strategy. I don’t know how wolf Sloonei operates, but that’s a risky move in any context. It only makes sense if you really don’t want to lose Quin’s role, which I think is highly likely, as it might have more utility the farther along in the game you go. I think Dead Red is still the most powerful early-to-mid-game role, and the others are just early-game annoying fodder.

If we eliminated Sloonei early, and he flips as Dead Red, what we take out of it is:
-he was hardshielding Quin, it looks like an obvious pocketing attempt and TMI. Points in favor of Quin being town, which is great for mafia.

If we eliminated Sloonei early and he flips as Pedantic Pink, this is probably not ideal for mafia. Pink has to use their incorrect grammar role in the night phase, so Sloonei would definitely not want to die D1, which he came close to doing. Also, this doesn’t reflect well for the more coveted mafia roles and would look bad for Quin IMO. I think if Sloonei were this role, he would have done a better job of defending himself and not being such a wet blanket about everything, since that role needs to get a shot out early to have the most value.

So if Sloonei is bad, I would heavily lean him being Dead Red. This still doesn’t explain his odd D1 behavior if bad.

This is purely a tinfoil. I think it makes most sense if Michelle is Dead Red, as Sloonei made a concerted effort to vote out Quin after switching from Michelle- a role that could conceivably be more powerful than NP depending on how you look at it. But all in all, that would mean Sloonei is Pedantic Pink. Which doesn’t make sense in a vacuum.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:45 pm
I think it would be really helpful if there were points given as to why you are voting someone when you do so.
Don't like the game state, would like Wilgy to do stuff as he's sort of just there for a majority of players.
Looking over your posts in reference to Wilgy, you first townread him and then you didn't have much of anything of substance on him. You had stronger cases for others. This vote seems to come out of nowhere. Your gameplay so far looks like trying to fly under the radar so far Day 1.

To everyone, this whole debacle with Scotty has taken my focus away from what's important. I've been focused on defending myself so much because no one seems to understand my words!! It's taken all my energy and I haven't been able to see players for what they are doing.

Vivax is on my radar.
*Lick*

You either W shield me to form a pocket of lint and squish OR V see a discrepancy re Vivax's read. However bland Vivax may be, they taste of pasta water.

Eloh's read of you based on me was weird. Eloh self admits to not understanding my gimmicks yet side eyes you for wanting more from me. Based on the wording it makes sense from the Eloh perspective, but still seemed strange that they disagreed.

Bland is good when I want to solve, bad when I want to clown. This game's context doesn't have me feel like clowning. Yerkes-Dodson approves.

If I were to follow you onto Michelle and she were to flip green, tomorrow would be rather easy for you to frame me as scum based off yesterday's EoD, wouldn't you agree ?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Vivax wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:50 pm

Vivax is on my radar.
*Lick*

Bland is good when I want to solve, bad when I want to clown. This game's context doesn't have me feel like clowning. Yerkes-Dodson approves.

If I were to follow you onto Michelle and she were to flip green, tomorrow would be rather easy for you to frame me as scum based off yesterday's EoD, wouldn't you agree ?
My dood, I'm not playing 5d chess over here. I call it as I see it, you moved from a W wagon.

Yes, me taunting has to be taken into account, but you did move. If you need to be held accountable for that if the PoE becomes thin, that's just the way things go.

If you moved from W A to W B, it really helps my case on you being town. If you moved from W A to T B then no.

I still think even if Michelle flips T I'll be voting for DF next cycle. Higher chance of that being a W hit than you in that situation. Unless DF shows up and cracks the game open.
Image Image Image
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Eloh was in your PoE last I checked.
Golden/Sloonei
Michelle/DF
Wilgy/Eloh

would be my possible pairings at the current gamestate.
Sig looks unpaired, maybe juuust a little with michelle maybe? Because my subjective impression is that sig ramped up the posting when it looked like Michelle was one of the consensus options.
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

But yeah first pairing I will write off based on my #3001. Feeling decently confident about that read.
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Scotty wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:48 pm
Ideas ?
Well, I wouldn’t clear anyone in this game except myself, who is mechanically cleared.

But to answer your question, this is a big crux of why I suspect Sloonei with this Quin flip.

This is a great segueway
Putting Some Tinfoil on the Salt Shaker
Sloonei was the biggest defender of Quin for the first 3 days. It seemed like he still found Quin a Townread when he voted for Quin yesterday. If he did suspect Quin, he certainly didn’t record those thoughts in the thread. But why vote out teammate NP Blue Quin, even if Michelle is another bad teammate?

As devil’s advocate, hard shielding your partner early and often is a brazen and backfire-prone strategy. I don’t know how wolf Sloonei operates, but that’s a risky move in any context. It only makes sense if you really don’t want to lose Quin’s role, which I think is highly likely, as it might have more utility the farther along in the game you go. I think Dead Red is still the most powerful early-to-mid-game role, and the others are just early-game annoying fodder.

If we eliminated Sloonei early, and he flips as Dead Red, what we take out of it is:
-he was hardshielding Quin, it looks like an obvious pocketing attempt and TMI. Points in favor of Quin being town, which is great for mafia.

If we eliminated Sloonei early and he flips as Pedantic Pink, this is probably not ideal for mafia. Pink has to use their incorrect grammar role in the night phase, so Sloonei would definitely not want to die D1, which he came close to doing. Also, this doesn’t reflect well for the more coveted mafia roles and would look bad for Quin IMO. I think if Sloonei were this role, he would have done a better job of defending himself and not being such a wet blanket about everything, since that role needs to get a shot out early to have the most value.

So if Sloonei is bad, I would heavily lean him being Dead Red. This still doesn’t explain his odd D1 behavior if bad.

This is purely a tinfoil. I think it makes most sense if Michelle is Dead Red, as Sloonei made a concerted effort to vote out Quin after switching from Michelle- a role that could conceivably be more powerful than NP depending on how you look at it. But all in all, that would mean Sloonei is Pedantic Pink. Which doesn’t make sense in a vacuum.
Ehhh, Sloonei is too noisy to be Dead Red imho. I got another read on him.
No interaction to weak interaction between themselves at most is scum's sweet spot. Prevents them from overcommitting.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Vivax wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:59 pm Eloh was in your PoE last I checked.
Golden/Sloonei
Michelle/DF
Wilgy/Eloh

would be my possible pairings at the current gamestate.
Sig looks unpaired, maybe juuust a little with michelle maybe? Because my subjective impression is that sig ramped up the posting when it looked like Michelle was one of the consensus options.
Aye, Eloh is, but around where I'd put Scotty. Scotty vouching for Eloh not being on my PoE also gives Eloh some equity to where I'd almost write the slot down as town.

Idk if I've ever caught Sig for teammate interactions. If Sig is caught it's because they've rested comfy on a shit line of thought for too long and it falls away under them.
Image Image Image
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 122
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Vivax wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:24 am Spent a while going through ISOs looking for something that'd give me more confidence on who to lim. This day feels daunting with the amount of information.
Michelle wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:53 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:10 pm Just started work, so I can't wallpost or anything, but here's some takes:

Scotty's insistence on the Eloh scumread feels forced. Possible distancing. sig is a good boy if true.

Axe is a zero-faith townie, reminds me of Phenon where I just shat in everyone's cereal in some weird sussy town performance.

The bea train is garbage. Looking at that in more detail tonight.

Llama needs to explain his rainbow, The bit about me, specifically.
Scotty is town like I said, so this is the way Quin pushed a townie.
The read for Axe is pocketing or buddying? I need to read more
Bea is clear pocketing
Llama is another push for a flipped town.
Michelle wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:10 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:17 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:15 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:10 pm Just started work, so I can't wallpost or anything, but here's some takes:

Scotty's insistence on the Eloh scumread feels forced. Possible distancing. sig is a good boy if true.

Axe is a zero-faith townie, reminds me of Phenon where I just shat in everyone's cereal in some weird sussy town performance.

I disagree entirely with your assessment of me.
That's nice.
I can see this as distancing
Quin wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:19 pm :fist:
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:14 pmQuin is town.
Why should I believe you?
@Sloonei what's Quin's wolf meta?
Quin wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:37 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:39 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:39 pm I voted bea because
A) she is extremely cheery
B) she is the first in the poll
C) I don’t know if it’s pronounced “bay” or “bee” or “bah-ee”
But mainly e) her first post was quoting another post, which is suspicious.

Boom! Roasted.
I voted Bea.
I like Axe for this. The read itself is mixed up in a bunch of fluff (on Page 2 even, fluff city), but there's substance that most people skimming the thread would have looked over the first time. It's a no nonsense vote and it's super early in the game.
Mafia doesn't make anything without a purpose, and this post looks like Quin wanted to convince everyone that Axe is town.

I think early interactions are very important because well made distance can determine the outcome of the game.
I see as suspicious the way Quin treated Axe in these posts.
So far this stuck out to me the most, even though it's very recent.
Michelle's read on Scotty flip-flopped very quickly between these posts. From a rather confident Scotty - T assessment, straight to mentioning two posts that seem to want to shade him.
While the S-V-S lim warrants some tinfoil here, I very much doubt I would vote Scotty today and I'd have to re-ISO him at a later point if he remains alive further.
My english is bad but its not catastrophic though, I didn't shade Scotty in that post. I didn't shade anyone, is one of my first steps into Quin Iso and my analysis it's not finished yet. I will continue after work, a couple of hours from now on.

You say you read my Iso and found a thing who is not even true. Also you didn't read in fact my Iso with attention because I proved Scotty is mechanically town and you mention voting him.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:54 pm

Vivax is on my radar.
*Lick*

My dood, I'm not playing 5d chess over here. I call it as I see it, you moved from a W wagon.

Yes, me taunting has to be taken into account, but you did move. If you need to be held accountable for that if the PoE becomes thin, that's just the way things go.

If you moved from W A to W B, it really helps my case on you being town. If you moved from W A to T B then no.

I still think even if Michelle flips T I'll be voting for DF next cycle. Higher chance of that being a W hit than you in that situation. Unless DF shows up and cracks the game open.
Why are you so trigger happy to kill me instead searching for scum?

Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Michelle wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:42 pm
Vivax wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:24 am Spent a while going through ISOs looking for something that'd give me more confidence on who to lim. This day feels daunting with the amount of information.

Bea is clear pocketing

That's nice.

Boom! Roasted.
I voted Bea.
I like Axe for this. The read itself is mixed up in a bunch of fluff (on Page 2 even, fluff city), but there's substance that most people skimming the thread would have looked over the first time. It's a no nonsense vote and it's super early in the game.
Mafia doesn't make anything without a purpose, and this post looks like Quin wanted to convince everyone that Axe is town.

I think early interactions are very important because well made distance can determine the outcome of the game.
Michelle's read on Scotty flip-flopped very quickly between these posts. From a rather confident Scotty - T assessment, straight to mentioning two posts that seem to want to shade him.
While the S-V-S lim warrants some tinfoil here, I very much doubt I would vote Scotty today and I'd have to re-ISO him at a later point if he remains alive further.
My english is bad but its not catastrophic though, I didn't shade Scotty in that post. I didn't shade anyone, is one of my first steps into Quin Iso and my analysis it's not finished yet. I will continue after work, a couple of hours from now on.

You say you read my Iso and found a thing who is not even true. Also you didn't read in fact my Iso with attention because I proved Scotty is mechanically town and you mention voting him.
My b. I misread that as you accusing Scotty of distancing from Quin.
I'm reluctant to vote you at the moment, you seem too much like an obvious one to me but I always overthink when something looks like it's set in stone. Was hoping to get some feedback on other various pairings from you in particular.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Michelle wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:44 pm

Vivax is on my radar.
*Lick*

Your vote coming immediately after Sloonei posted he can't move his vote shows you don't care about the lynch. Your read is frozen since day 1 and you never tried to solve my slot

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Vivax wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:47 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:42 pm

Bea is clear pocketing

That's nice.

Boom! Roasted.
I voted Bea.

My b. I misread that as you accusing Scotty of distancing from Quin.
I'm reluctant to vote you at the moment, you seem too much like an obvious one to me but I always overthink when something looks like it's set in stone. Was hoping to get some feedback on other various pairings from you in particular.
I can't post for a couple of hours, i will be back and answer asap

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Michelle wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:49 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:44 pm

Vivax is on my radar.
*Lick*

Your vote coming immediately after Sloonei posted he can't move his vote shows you don't care about the lynch. Your read is frozen since day 1 and you never tried to solve my slot
That's just factually incorrect.

My day 1 sus on you was bait, I thought you responded well enough to it and then I pursued other bad vibes. I've only gotten back to you because the argument of me being able to normally see your town game, not seeing it still stands.

Interactions between you quin and G-Man presented by others only solidify my suspicion.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also, again, I voted without seeing Slooneis post. I've said this 3 times now.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Lastly, claiming I'm not hunting is just malarkey.

My PoE is pretty good I think. I'm proud of it. I don't deserve the shade for just trimming the PoE by best means.

Suggest something better (and survive my vote on you since I can't change it) and maybe the PoE will change.
Image Image Image
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:56 pm Lastly, claiming I'm not hunting is just malarkey.

My PoE is pretty good I think. I'm proud of it. I don't deserve the shade for just trimming the PoE by best means.

Suggest something better (and survive my vote on you since I can't change it) and maybe the PoE will change.
:haha:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

For the record, when I have been mafia in the past my top priority has been distancing and so-called “anti-spew”, since my old Hyper Aggressive playstyle never lent itself to staying alive for very long.

Since I saw a mention or two of my mafia meta.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Pre-Game Setup]

Post by Vivax »

On a reread, will probably drop multiple posts while at it. I apologize in advance for the clutter.
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:14 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:04 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:54 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:31 am Bea: *Lick*
G-Man: *Lick*
Why are you licking people?
This game has been thoroughly licked by DrWilgy.
This is something new from him, isn't it?
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:29 pm I think Dharma and Wilgy are villagers
I liked Scotty asking about the reason of receiving a town read

I have mixed feelings about Eloh I think they can go either way
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:47 pm
thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:40 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:34 pm
thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:18 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:08 pm Also, unrelated, but Michelle who hasn't solved yet is most likely a wolf.
Good point. Apollo Doctrine.

[VOTE: Michelle] aubergine
Have you played with Michelle before?
I don’t remember. Maybe.
I don't remember your username but maybe my memory is not so good

DrWigly, unrelated, i work all day on mondays, how is this AI?
Llama sheeping blindly is noted

Now i should continue my catch up

I am sorry if I make any gender mistake, for players I don't know I will use they but I would appreciate help here.eta infos would be great!

Also I wish to know everyone's time zone.
I live in East Europe and for me is 10:30 pm now
I think Michelle pointing out the licking being new in that way suggests initial suspicion. Or at least it's worded as if Wilgy is supposed to be acting off. But the conclusion just a few posts later is that he's a villager. Not much explanation given.
Wilgy pointing out Michelle on D1 very quickly also sticks out. That was around the absolute first pages so it also reads a bit over the top from DocW, immediately framing lack of activity as lack of solving.
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:47 pm
thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:40 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:34 pm
thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:18 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:08 pm Also, unrelated, but Michelle who hasn't solved yet is most likely a wolf.
Good point. Apollo Doctrine.

Have you played with Michelle before?
I don’t remember. Maybe.
I don't remember your username but maybe my memory is not so good

DrWigly, unrelated, i work all day on mondays, how is this AI?
Llama sheeping blindly is noted

Now i should continue my catch up
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Zero commenting on Wilgy and Michelle posts from before in this early catchup by Quin. And it wasn't something you could just easily miss while reading.
I like to think that often you can solve by looking at what's NOT there that should have been.
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:50 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:12 pm
Elohcin wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:03 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:37 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:20 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:06 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:49 pm

Could you articulate your reasoning instead of putting the onus on me to do it for you?
:suspish: Begrudgingly, sure, even though it’s only 20 posts back. I could probably flesh it out more.

It’s admittedly a pretty weak scumread, but the arguments that Elo had made agreeing with the suspicion of sig based on a mechanic that she hadn’t read, then recanting her suspicion upon learning said mechanic was rather safe. It wasn’t a slam dunk by any means. But then she reacts to my read of her with a long winded explanation that mafia will have certain qualities in D1. She lists them; then, she makes, in more or less words, an OMGUS on me using one of the bullet points “silly/off-topic (distracting from gameplay)” which is objectively a terrible statement. Sure, I’m perhaps silly as much as a pumpkin spice latte in spring, but you can still DRINK a pumpkin spice latte in spring I’m making gab, advancing gameplay. Am I not?
So you're voting for Eloh because she acted on a weak suspicion, backtracked on it nearly as soon as it was called out, and offered a "whatever sticks" explanation as to her actions?

Why is that not a slam dunk? Where is this hesitation and hedging coming from? Is she doing an OMGUS to you or are you doing an OMGUS to her?
It’s not a slam dunk because D1 reads are never slam dunks. I’m like the looney tunes when the monstars suck the power away. I need reveals to better get a sense for players.

This could very well just be a player personality that I’m reading too much into.

Though I wouldn’t call this hedging. I’m currently voting there
Maybe it's not a slam dunk bc he is scared to get it wrong. Or maybe it's not a slam dunk bc he is bad and just trying to make a semblance of a baddie read on someone to make it look like he is trying. This response looks very bad to me.
fingersplints wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:38 pm I don’t really like the whole Elo vs Scotty thing. I do feel like Elo was a little quick to jump on sig who is an easy target, but as someone who almost never thoroughly reads the rules, I can wholeheartedly understand missing something like that. And in most cases wouldn’t it be easier for a mafia Elo to just leave that mild suspicion of sig out there instead. Scotty’s suspicion also seems quick to jump on something little.
Maybe I’ll reread it after the kids are asleep
kidS! Yay! How many now and what ages?
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:14 pm
Elohcin wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:52 pm [I imagine that day 1 mafia players act like one of the following:
a) pretty quiet (laying low)
b) kind-of silly/off-topic (distracting from gameplay), or
c) hard core readers (they obviously know who isn't a part of their own)

This is what I am looking for. So far I have my eye on Scotty for reasons of letter (b).
What does a Day 1 town player act like?
I think that civvie behavior on day 1 is more personalized than baddie behavior. For instance, if Blooper were here and she didn't make a single post on Day 1, I would not suspect her for it. But, if Pink were here and did not post on day 1, I think that would be something to keep an eye on. Unfortunately, there are three players here that I don't think I've ever played with, so they will probably escape a vote from me today unless something extreme happens.
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:18 pm
Elohcin wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:29 am Y'all should know to give me a little leeway before suspecting me, especially when I've been away for so many years. Did you forget that I only married into intelligence? Though I overthink and internalize everything IRL, I'm ultimately a doer and not a thinker. That is why Epi and I mesh so well together.
leeway
noun
the amount of freedom to move or act that is available.
Do I understand coorect, you ask for a day 1 pass here?
Yes, that is correct. I am smart enough to look up the word before I post it as well XD If you knew me, you would know that it is classic Eloh to say five words and be suspected right out of the gate.

I am she. And I am eastern standard. 3:54pm atm.

---------------------------------
@Golden I never voted sig at all, btw. just talked about him in the thread. I don't like movable votes at all and I think Llama explained my thoughts on it very well, so I won't repeat.
---------------------------------
Vivax wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:33 pm @ Michelle
Judging from my perspective I don't consider others' reads except they are my town reads. Had Eloh said they town read Scotty and Golden? Because if not, why do you think they should post more and reconsider?
It left a bad impression that Eloh claimed to have found a reason to be sus on sig but went off when a few dropped opposite conclusions. Maybe I'm expecting too much from early pages but that would have made for a fine topic to ruffle some heads early on if I were them.
This really isn't that difficult folks. I misinterpreted the roles and thought no one KNEW if votes were movable or not yet. Then, I reread the roles after getting some much needed sleep and wah-la, I understood it!

-----------------------------------
@thellama73 I don't have a civ game, remember?
-----------------------------------
“@Golden I never voted sig at all, btw. just talked about him in the thread. I don't like movable votes at all and I think Llama explained my thoughts on it very well, so I won't repeat.”
Right, you said you weren’t one to vote early, but wholly offered that sig could be bad. That was your only read at the time. Tomato/potato.

“Maybe it's not a slam dunk bc he is scared to get it wrong. Or maybe it's not a slam dunk bc he is bad and just trying to make a semblance of a baddie read on someone to make it look like he is trying. This response looks very bad to me.”
Correct that I don’t want to get it wrong. I think I tend to struggle on correct D1 reads. But a broken clock is right twice a day, eh?

If I had edged off you, would that response have looked better? I’m just continuing to get OMGUS vibes here.

@Elohcin If you could vote someone right now, who would you vote? GTH, as they’d say
I actually felt like your response was you "edging off me", so I'm confused by the question. It's like you thought, "Shoot, I really could be wrong here so I'm going to back off and say that my theory wasn't a slam dunk," after driving it hard for so many posts. You backing off is what made me question your civ status further. You may say I did the same thing with sig (flippity-flop), but really it wouldn't be true. I made a couple comments, in a tired state, about sig being sus right before going to bed. Then, when I woke up and saw comments about it, I reread the rules and roles, had a derp moment, and backed off. I really think you just need to let that go and let us move on.

I hate GTH questions and refuse to answer them.

New read, Bea is civ bc she would know when day ends if she had BTSC.
This reply feels decently townie.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:14 pm For the record, when I have been mafia in the past my top priority has been distancing and so-called “anti-spew”, since my old Hyper Aggressive playstyle never lent itself to staying alive for very long.

Do you think there’s another reason mafia would have killed SVS and not me last night?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

@Michelle Let’s say you’re town- who is in your POE? Like I get you have to defend yourself, but so far I’m mostly seeing nitpicking defending to 2 people that have already voted you.

You know I’m town. Do you think Wilgy is slandering you as a wolf? What is your read on the rest of the players?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Not minding Wilgy as we progress today.

@DFaraday where for art thou

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:14 pm For the record, when I have been mafia in the past my top priority has been distancing and so-called “anti-spew”, since my old Hyper Aggressive playstyle never lent itself to staying alive for very long.

Do you think there’s another reason mafia would have killed SVS and not me last night?
Is this question related to my post in some way that I'm not seeing?

I don't know why SVS was the kill target or why you were left alive. I have paid enough attention to do a deep dive kill analysis right now, and that is not usually my Thing anyway.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ebwop: I have not paid enough attention...
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 582

Post by Golden »

What is your suggested reason for the mafia killing svs rather than you?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@Vivax do you have any reason I shouldn’t vote michelle right now?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I tend to think the only world where Michelle isn’t bad is one where sig and df are trying to utr this.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I’m impatient and I have a busy day and don’t want to risk missing eod.

I realise this might be a clinching vote. I do think it’s the best choice today. Sorry if I’m wrong.

Updated vote totals

Sloonei -> Vivax
Wilgy -> Michelle
Scotty -> Michelle
Golden -> Michelle

Michelle (3)
Vivax (1)
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:32 pm

Is this question related to my post in some way that I'm not seeing?

I don't know why SVS was the kill target or why you were left alive. I have paid enough attention to do a deep dive kill analysis right now, and that is not usually my Thing anyway.
Yeah, it’s not really related at all. It’s like asking my ophthalmologist why it rains

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:11 pm

Well as I said in a previous post when Michelle asked, it could be that SVs was closed down a path than I was. The biggest divergence being her suspicious of Sloonei, and, to a lesser extent, you.

But the more I think about it, a more likely reason is to avoid Kate Break. I was probably the most obvious NK target. And I would expect Kate Break, if still in the game, to go for me last night.

I don’t expect to survive another night.

So it could literally be just a doc dodge of another high profile civ voice.
Or one of you and Sloonei needs more scrutiny.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Based upon my sloonei tinfoil breakdown, I think I’m just psyching myself up too much. I feel like there’s so many logical hoops I have to jump through to start reading Sloonei as wolf. Like, the only sticking point (and one that SVS brought up) is that the GMan elimination vote wagonomics were bizarre if Sloonei is a civ. But that can be explained away with weird mafia motivations that don’t have anything to do with sloonei

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:34 pm
Golden wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:11 pm

Well as I said in a previous post when Michelle asked, it could be that SVs was closed down a path than I was. The biggest divergence being her suspicious of Sloonei, and, to a lesser extent, you.

But the more I think about it, a more likely reason is to avoid Kate Break. I was probably the most obvious NK target. And I would expect Kate Break, if still in the game, to go for me last night.

I don’t expect to survive another night.

So it could literally be just a doc dodge of another high profile civ voice.
Or one of you and Sloonei needs more scrutiny.
I can’t imagine Sloonei thinking ‘I’m safe with Scotty’… if I’d been asked who was pursuing Sloonei most in the thread I would have said you long before saying SVS.

I also really think the tinfoil is noise getting in the way at this point. Towncore doesn’t need blind trust but I really think at this point ‘scotty surviving because Sloonei is bad’ is the least likely of about six reasons for the kill I can think of (Kate break being a prominent one).

Given the risk remains that you die tonight, I think your efforts being focused eksewgere would be much more productive.
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Golden wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:13 pm @Vivax do you have any reason I shouldn’t vote michelle right now?
My reason would be that she should have a chance to speak up. Not be blindly buried.

Y‘always do x-rays in two dimensions
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Seems odd to me the whole look at Wilgy/Michelle/Quin flew right over Golden's head, but I can only handle so much tinfoil a day.
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

At times it feels like Golden has an extra appendage that looks suspiciously like Sloonei repeating at me 'It's me!It's me!'
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Scotty wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:22 pm @Michelle Let’s say you’re town- who is in your POE? Like I get you have to defend yourself, but so far I’m mostly seeing nitpicking defending to 2 people that have already voted you.

You know I’m town. Do you think Wilgy is slandering you as a wolf? What is your read on the rest of the players?
Bea didn't post, so everyone said she is in antispew. Obviously, everyone was wrong.
I answered at posts adressed at me with the limited time I had until now and I started the Quin Iso. You say I am nitpicking.
Town violence against town cannot be stopped by logic, I know that much.

I reset my reads. All of them.
Reasons:
I had Wilgy as town but he is pushing me without a reason. What he said that day 1 was not a real suspicion, has little value for me and despite he saying few times that he didn't notice Sloonei's vote, I don't trust that to be true. Wilgy looks like he needs a mischop.
You are the only player I am sure is town.
Golden's vote is lazy.
Sloonei voted Vivax, I belive he didn't know the vote is locked regardless alignament.
Vivax posted that idea about me shading you, it was probably a honest mistake and NAI. At least he had an attempt at solving.
Sig, Elo and DF are utr.

I am looking at the hour, is 23:24.
I want to try to solve though, that's the best part of the game for me

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Why is no one here?

'Michelle you didn't interact with Quin. '
I don't remember to see Quin posting.

In this day, every single time when I posted i was alone itt.
So mafia is happy with a new mischop and town don't want to know anything about the game.

Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Michelle wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:36 pm Why is no one here?

So mafia is happy with a new mischop and town don't want to know anything about the game.
So Golden wasn‘t trusting Quin on D1 but backed off from expanding on it saying ‚shrug, nobody thinks the same as I do‘, Sloonei claimed hard townread

Wilgy on the other hand seemed content with having you as the sorta obvious option, which you mentioned.

Would that make sense to you? Or do you have other players as suspects.
Michelle
Made Man

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by Michelle »

Quin wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:48 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:47 pm I can see a Wilgy/GMan pairing
How?
This short question shows that Quin didn’t know how to react at Scotty's post, but Gman flipped wolf and this comes soon after this post
Quin wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:38 pm I don't have enough time to dig through Day 2 ISO's, so these are at-a-glance notes on the poll:

- Kate's DH vote is an OMGUS. Night 2 posts scream 'not teammates'.
- DH's DH vote is DH. DH. DH. DH's DH DH. Potential NP candidate with a flair for the dramatic.

- Sloonei's LoRab vote justified with it "making more sense", immediately after Wilgy switches to me. What made more sense?
- G-Man's LoRab vote gave the Moderator power over the lynch before Wilgy's switcheroo. Can't read alignment off this, but pretty awful reasoning.

- llama votes Quin and is the anti-Sloonei. Sloonei says I'm good regardless of what llama says. llama says I'm bad regardless of what Sloonei says. Definitely not temmies, unless the point is to keep me in the forefront as a failsafe if a different teammate gets too much heat.
- Wilgy votes Quin because ???. He also discourages ties. But Wilgy loves ties, it is know-en. Licks.

- sig didn't vote. His last post says "we should be looking out for those who don't vote as the NP target". Potential NP target.

Outcomes of this are that either sig or DH was the NP target, Wilgy looks worse, G-Man has earned greater attention from me, there is Kate/DH and llama/Sloonei spaghetti to be untangled, but up to 2 mafia in that lot.
where Quin is distancing from Gman
But the way he handled Wilgy is highly suspicious as well. Wishy washy and in the same area of distancing

The way he was worried about that pairing of Gman with Wilgy show Scotty put probably in that post his both teammates.

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Vivax wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:43 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:36 pm Why is no one here?

So Golden wasn‘t trusting Quin on D1 but backed off from expanding on it saying ‚shrug, nobody thinks the same as I do‘, Sloonei claimed hard townread

Wilgy on the other hand seemed content with having you as the sorta obvious option, which you mentioned.

Would that make sense to you? Or do you have other players as suspects.
More I read I think it makes a lot of sense for Wilgy to be mafia.
No one pushed him, and he wasn't really towny, he just had that funny gimmick until he dropped it and a gimmick is an easy way for mafia to hide. I was pocketed by him tbh

Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Pocketed, licked and murdered by Doctor Wilgy - an experience report
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:31 am Bea: *Lick*
G-Man: *Lick*
So by the interpretation we received more recently, licking meant a townread

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Vivax wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:04 pm Seems odd to me the whole look at Wilgy/Michelle/Quin flew right over Golden's head, but I can only handle so much tinfoil a day.
It didn’t fly over my head. That’s why I specifically pinged you. I wanted a reaction in the moment but you weren’t around.

I’m just impatient.

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”