Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Night 4]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Glorfindel on lapluie, Night 4:

Spoiler: show
Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:48 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:30 pm I sure did. What is your greatest disagreement?
It frankly astounds me that anyone could read Lapluie’s ISO and deduce from that she is anywhere near Town. You said this of Jack:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:09 pm Jack is red because he continues to push dubious cases with a tone of exaggerated assertiveness while resisting other dubious cases with the same tone, and I question the legitimacy of any civilian mindset he has attempted to portray.
Precisely the same thing could be said of Lapluie (only I think it applies more so in her case).

Don’t get me going on Simon. There’s massive red-herring potential there. If he was Mafia coming in at the last second, surely he’d have nailed TSP’s coffin shut once and for all. But no, he voted for Lapluie which is an encouraging look in my view.

It would seem logical that any POE needs to focus on the LC and TSP wagons. THAT is where we should start looking.

In any case, this will be left up to you guys to determine. I believe that it would be cruel and inhumane of our Mafia team to keep me alive any longer in this game so I hope my game does end here in the next few hours. No one would listen to me when it counted, I don’t expect that’s like to change.
Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:11 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:05 pm If by your last question Jay, you mean someone else that I knew for certain to be a Townie, no.
I can understand why you'd be perturbed given your strong civilian read on Long Con. Whatever brings you to that read, consider how others are going to approach Long Con without the same rationale in mind that you have in yours. He hasn't done very much in this game. He's flown under the radar. I think it's fair to suspect him in the absence of special insight. In lapluie's case, I am pretty sure Long Con voted for her in a tally which could have easily destroyed her. He moved to TSP in the end, but for a long stretch he was on lapluie. Play devil's advocate with yourself and assume lapluie is a civilian -- how is she likely to respond when an under-the-radar Long Con is trying to get her lynched close to EOD?

Now, consider your own role in this incident. You were loudly shouting for LC to be saved. You didn't want that lynch. Anyone who knows you well would be well-advised to listen to you on that front. Does lapluie know you? Does your reputation hold any weight with a player who has never played with you before? What about the LC voters who do know you and still ignored you? Would you agree that there is a more obvious problem with that picture?
Very well, Jay - you have my attention.

Glorfindel on lapluie, Day 5:

Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:31 pm Also, apologies to you Lapluie. Jay has made me see the light.
Glorfindel wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:50 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:12 pm
lapluie wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:12 pm Its best to lynch mafia players who are still active now, rather than an inactive player imo.
That's a fair argument. I would consider them both to be active at least in that they can send night actions. You'll note that Simon voted late in the last day phase, and for you.
I voted for Lapluie too and I was wrong. I don’t think Simon making a wrong choice particularly in that instance (sorry, Lapluie) wasn’t necessarily understandable.
Glorfindel wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:55 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:11 pm One thing that is blindingly clear:

If Simon is mafia then lapluie is not.
Lapluie is NOT Mafia.

You can see a clear transition between phases. On Night 4 he started with strong suspicion of lapluie, and even though he was willing to listen to my argument in her favor he didn't 180 it. When the new day phase began though, he was immediate in absolving her and resolute in defending her.

I'm not lynching that.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 6]

Post by Kylemii »

this is what i love about this era of mafia players, all I have to do is make an assertion of something i think is probably true/important and then an hour later someone will have done the legwork to determine whether or not i was right. B)
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Also, in case anyone is concerned about the token resurrection/recruitment combination -- I don't think you need to be. Refer to the "least favorite game mechanics" thread in the lounge:
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 pm Another, somewhat related one, is a secret simultaneous resurrection and recruitment to the Mafia, a civilian getting resurrected to the Mafia's team. Such a player almost certainly won't be lynched, and it makes for an easy victory for the Mafia.
I agree by the way. The intrigue and sorcery may be neat, but it is pretty much never balanced.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Elohcin »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:43 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:29 pmKyle, I see in your post that you suspect lap as well, but that Glorf thinking she(?) is civ causes you to rethink. So, obviously Glorf was civ since he was night-killed. But why does his opinion causes you pause? Civ's can be wrong. Am I missing something?
in summary, glorfindel's view on lapluie changed overnight. he went from believing lap was definitely mafia and a top priority for lynching to believing they were definitely civ literally overnight. Iirc there wasn't any real in thread reason for him to change his view on lapluie during that time frame so it's possible his view was changed by a night action.

@Elohcin what are your thoughts on marmot?
When I do something like this, no one trusts me. They call me wishy-washy crazy and lynch me as a civ.

I don't have many thoughts on marmot. He isn't memorable except for his self-vote until he moved it. Honestly, I don't even remember who he moved it to. I know people think he is bad. I would have to go and read him to know why. I might be able do that today since I doubt he has many posts.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:50 pm Glorfindel was highly suspicious of lapluie until I talked it over with him. He seemed convinced by my arguments in her favor, though I was still surprised by his level of confidence in her after that point. I'll have to determine whether a night phase ended somewhere during that period to facilitate his having received information.
Please do so. Because if his change of thoughts came just because you convinced him, then I am not convinced.
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 553

Post by lapluie »

[ytubehd][/ytubehd]
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:52 pmBloopp
hi, what's your reasoning for jack?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:56 pm Glorfindel on lapluie, Night 4:

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:30 pm I sure did. What is your greatest disagreement?
It frankly astounds me that anyone could read Lapluie’s ISO and deduce from that she is anywhere near Town. You said this of Jack:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:09 pm Jack is red because he continues to push dubious cases with a tone of exaggerated assertiveness while resisting other dubious cases with the same tone, and I question the legitimacy of any civilian mindset he has attempted to portray.
Precisely the same thing could be said of Lapluie (only I think it applies more so in her case).

Don’t get me going on Simon. There’s massive red-herring potential there. If he was Mafia coming in at the last second, surely he’d have nailed TSP’s coffin shut once and for all. But no, he voted for Lapluie which is an encouraging look in my view.

It would seem logical that any POE needs to focus on the LC and TSP wagons. THAT is where we should start looking.

In any case, this will be left up to you guys to determine. I believe that it would be cruel and inhumane of our Mafia team to keep me alive any longer in this game so I hope my game does end here in the next few hours. No one would listen to me when it counted, I don’t expect that’s like to change.
Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:05 pm If by your last question Jay, you mean someone else that I knew for certain to be a Townie, no.
I can understand why you'd be perturbed given your strong civilian read on Long Con. Whatever brings you to that read, consider how others are going to approach Long Con without the same rationale in mind that you have in yours. He hasn't done very much in this game. He's flown under the radar. I think it's fair to suspect him in the absence of special insight. In lapluie's case, I am pretty sure Long Con voted for her in a tally which could have easily destroyed her. He moved to TSP in the end, but for a long stretch he was on lapluie. Play devil's advocate with yourself and assume lapluie is a civilian -- how is she likely to respond when an under-the-radar Long Con is trying to get her lynched close to EOD?

Now, consider your own role in this incident. You were loudly shouting for LC to be saved. You didn't want that lynch. Anyone who knows you well would be well-advised to listen to you on that front. Does lapluie know you? Does your reputation hold any weight with a player who has never played with you before? What about the LC voters who do know you and still ignored you? Would you agree that there is a more obvious problem with that picture?

Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:31 pm Also, apologies to you Lapluie. Jay has made me see the light.
lapluie wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:12 pm Its best to lynch mafia players who are still active now, rather than an inactive player imo.
That's a fair argument. I would consider them both to be active at least in that they can send night actions. You'll note that Simon voted late in the last day phase, and for you.
I voted for Lapluie too and I was wrong. I don’t think Simon making a wrong choice particularly in that instance (sorry, Lapluie) wasn’t necessarily understandable.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:11 pm One thing that is blindingly clear:

Lapluie is NOT Mafia.

You can see a clear transition between phases. On Night 4 he started with strong suspicion of lapluie, and even though he was willing to listen to my argument in her favor he didn't 180 it. When the new day phase began though, he was immediate in absolving her and resolute in defending her.

I'm not lynching that.
perhaps I should not post until I catch up. Even still. I see this change...but it doesn't totally convince me. I mean....what if Glor got wrong info? I have seen things like this happen before. I don't trust any "info" to be 100% true in mafia.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Night 5]

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:09 pm Marmot,

Why were you resistant to a tie at the very end of the day phase?
I'm always resistant to ties. This game is no different to others.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:28 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:17 amWow, a resurrection! Rare. I like them.
i definitely liked this one.

alright i have three questions regarding the events that took place after my tragic and sad murder,

1. how does everyone currently feel about lapluie? are they cool?

2. @Marmot how are you? what are your thoughts on Jay?

3. @JaggedJimmyJay same question here as number 2 only about Marmot instead.
Jay is not of the Order of Light.

At first I didn't care that he continued to be a significant part of this game. I thought his contributions would help the players in general. But his latest actions have been detrimental to my own cause. He should be destroyed.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

If Jay is civ, why isn't he dead yet? :p
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:40 pm If Jay is civ, why isn't he dead yet? :p
Does anyone actually think that Jay is civilian?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:35 pm

Then you're mafia. Period.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:32 pm perhaps I should not post until I catch up. Even still. I see this change...but it doesn't totally convince me. I mean....what if Glor got wrong info? I have seen things like this happen before. I don't trust any "info" to be 100% true in mafia.
I wouldn't call it 100% either. I might call it 95% though. At what point does this extend beyond sensible skepticism and into the realm of paranoia or fear-mongering?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:41 pm

Whatever you say.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I don't mean to be all "defend marmot!!" because I have no clue what y'all have on him (and if you don't mind telling me what y'all have on him @JaggedJimmyJay, that would be great), but I feeel the same damn way about ties in mafia whether I am bad or good. I hate them. They may me crazy uneasy for some reason.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:43 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:32 pm perhaps I should not post until I catch up. Even still. I see this change...but it doesn't totally convince me. I mean....what if Glor got wrong info? I have seen things like this happen before. I don't trust any "info" to be 100% true in mafia.
I wouldn't call it 100% either. I might call it 95% though. At what point does this extend beyond sensible skepticism and into the realm of paranoia or fear-mongering?
like, paranoid that you've been given the wrong info? I wouldn't call it that. I would just call it ignoring the info altogether because you don't know if it's true or not. No reason toe even entertain it, imo.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:50 pm I don't mean to be all "defend marmot!!" because I have no clue what y'all have on him (and if you don't mind telling me what y'all have on him JaggedJimmyJay, that would be great), but I feeel the same damn way about ties in mafia whether I am bad or good. I hate them. They may me crazy uneasy for some reason.
I don't object to someone resisting ties in general. So do I. I care about Marmot resisting that tie, and that's all I'm going to say about it. If you'd like a more general case:

Marmot refused to listen to Glorfindel, the guy who never lies, when he was screaming to prevent a Long Con lynch. Marmot just kept asking him "what do you know??" and "why??" as if those are answerable questions, all while leaving his vote planted firmly on LC's face. Fake.

Marmot "tried" to sway the lynch from nutella to Simon (civilian to mafia), but only by begging for vote switches from players who had made it clear all day long that they were voting for nutella and not Simon. Fake.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:32 pm

Lapluie is NOT Mafia.

I'm not lynching that.
perhaps I should not post until I catch up. Even still. I see this change...but it doesn't totally convince me. I mean....what if Glor got wrong info? I have seen things like this happen before. I don't trust any "info" to be 100% true in mafia.
Well nobody's gonna stop you for voting for me if that was the last result for your decision, but rumor here goes around that glorfindel doesn't lie?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:44 pm

Whatever you say.
If I vote for you will you defend yourself & change my mind?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 pmJay is not of the Order of Light.
yeah, probably not.
At first I didn't care that he continued to be a significant part of this game. I thought his contributions would help the players in general. But his latest actions have been detrimental to my own cause. He should be destroyed.
interesting.............
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

lapluie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:55 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:44 pm

Whatever you say.
If I vote for you will you defend yourself & change my mind?
No. Not that you'll really care what I say anyway.

Strong tinfoil theory, Jay has managed to buddy the mafia somehow.

Jay usually gets what he wants because he's a good mafia player.

After Tony was lynched, Jay came out of that asserting that myself, Simon, and nutella were mafia. He also claimed that you and Long Con, the two counter-lynches, were civilian. I don't buy those claims.

Also this ongoing "Glorfindel doesn't lie" motto has been taken out of context. I said it early in the game, because Glorfindel doesn't lie about his own alignment. That this sort of behavior transfers to every word he says is opportunistic.

I don't really care about defending myself. He should burn, and so should his allies.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

"latest actions have been detrimental to *my own* cause" only makes sense in the context that you have a unique cause, but "I thought his contributions would help the players in general." implies that you previously thought he was an indie role

the implication you're trying to push here seems to be that you and Jay are both independent, but Jay is a more inconvenient independent, am I very far off the mark?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:15 pm After Tony was lynched, Jay came out of that asserting that myself, Simon, and nutella were mafia. He also claimed that you and Long Con, the two counter-lynches, were civilian. I don't buy those claims.

Also this ongoing "Glorfindel doesn't lie" motto has been taken out of context. I said it early in the game, because Glorfindel doesn't lie about his own alignment. That this sort of behavior transfers to every word he says is opportunistic.

I don't really care about defending myself. He should burn, and so should his allies.
Horseshit. Glorfindel's refusal to lie is well-known as a moral choice. That means he doesn't pick and choose where he is honest. You're full of it. Get lynched.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:20 pm "latest actions have been detrimental to *my own* cause" only makes sense in the context that you have a unique cause, but "I thought his contributions would help the players in general." implies that you previously thought he was an indie role

the implication you're trying to push here seems to be that you and Jay are both independent, but Jay is a more inconvenient independent, am I very far off the mark?
I guarantee Marmot is not independent.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:15 pmStrong tinfoil theory, Jay has managed to buddy the mafia somehow.
what in the world?
if jay truly is indie then he doesn't need to be lynched or "destroyed". his death doesn't help us get closer to wincon and he is a possible ally at times. with the way things are going he's more likely to achieve his wincon by helping civs anyways since whittling down the mafia allows for more night kills and deaths overall that might end up snagging his two specified civilian marks.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Fine with me.

I'm getting really emotionally charged these last few mafia games, and I can only step away and recollect so many times. I'd rather just be removed than continue to defend myself day-after-day.

Lynch me please.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:30 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:15 pmStrong tinfoil theory, Jay has managed to buddy the mafia somehow.
what in the world?
if jay truly is indie then he doesn't need to be lynched or "destroyed". his death doesn't help us get closer to wincon and he is a possible ally at times. with the way things are going he's more likely to achieve his wincon by helping civs anyways since whittling down the mafia allows for more night kills and deaths overall that might end up snagging his two specified civilian marks.
There's likely four mafia left. It'd be quicker to mislynch a couple non-mafia then it would be to lynch four actual mafia.

Additonally, if Jay's accurate in his mafia guesses, he's more likely to be nightkilled.

Do I think Jay needs to be lynched? No, I think that's counter-productive too. But the man wants my head, so of course I want him destroyed.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:31 pm Fine with me.

I'm getting really emotionally charged these last few mafia games, and I can only step away and recollect so many times. I'd rather just be removed than continue to defend myself day-after-day.

Lynch me please.
How did you feel about the potential of a nutella lynch before it occurred?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:22 pmI guarantee Marmot is not independent.
probably not,

i mostly just want clarification on the narrative he's writing
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:53 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:50 pm I don't mean to be all "defend marmot!!" because I have no clue what y'all have on him (and if you don't mind telling me what y'all have on him JaggedJimmyJay, that would be great), but I feeel the same damn way about ties in mafia whether I am bad or good. I hate them. They may me crazy uneasy for some reason.
I don't object to someone resisting ties in general. So do I. I care about Marmot resisting that tie, and that's all I'm going to say about it. If you'd like a more general case:

Marmot refused to listen to Glorfindel, the guy who never lies, when he was screaming to prevent a Long Con lynch. Marmot just kept asking him "what do you know??" and "why??" as if those are answerable questions, all while leaving his vote planted firmly on LC's face. Fake.

Marmot "tried" to sway the lynch from nutella to Simon (civilian to mafia), but only by begging for vote switches from players who had made it clear all day long that they were voting for nutella and not Simon. Fake.
The first part of this general case just screams marmot to me. Everyone plays mafia differently and I think this is meta for marmot and it gives me no alarms.

The second part of the case is just confusing to me. He wanted people to vote for Simon (mafia) and not nutella (civ). I don't get how that is pingy.
lapluie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:54 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:32 pm

Lapluie is NOT Mafia.

I'm not lynching that.
Well nobody's gonna stop you for voting for me if that was the last result for your decision, but rumor here goes around that glorfindel doesn't lie?
maybe that is what he wants you to think? :P

seriously though....I am not saying glorf lied. I am saying I don't think we can fully trust his info even if he got it from the host himself.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:36 pm

Lynch me please.
How did you feel about the potential of a nutella lynch before it occurred?
I didn't think she should be lynched.

I didn't expect her to be lynched.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:38 pm The first part of this general case just screams marmot to me. Everyone plays mafia differently and I think this is meta for marmot and it gives me no alarms.

The second part of the case is just confusing to me. He wanted people to vote for Simon (mafia) and not nutella (civ). I don't get how that is pingy.
I don't see how "ignore the pleas of the man who never lies" is either a strategy or a play style. It's a refusal to heed the words of someone you claim to trust when it matters most. That's yuck.

I don't really buy that he "wanted" people to vote for Simon. He was making that request of players who had said all day phase long that they were voting for nutella and not Simon. It was pointless.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:35 pmThere's likely four mafia left. It'd be quicker to mislynch a couple non-mafia then it would be to lynch four actual mafia.
I guess that's technically true, 2 civ lynches and 2 nightkilled has the same degree of success in catching his two marks as four straight mafia lynches. Jay can really do whatever he wants.
Additonally, if Jay's accurate in his mafia guesses, he's more likely to be nightkilled.
mmmmm maybe. but the mafia probably won't kill Jay, because the mafia knows that Jay is a potential late game swing vote. why kill a variable when you can kill a constant?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:46 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:38 pm The first part of this general case just screams marmot to me. Everyone plays mafia differently and I think this is meta for marmot and it gives me no alarms.

I don't see how "ignore the pleas of the man who never lies" is either a strategy or a play style. It's a refusal to heed the words of someone you claim to trust when it matters most. That's yuck.

I don't really buy that he "wanted" people to vote for Simon. He was making that request of players who had said all day phase long that they were voting for nutella and not Simon. It was pointless.
I wasn't paying attention most of the day. I entered the thread near the end of the day, saw the tally, and made a move.

I was not targeting any specific players with my requests. I asked everyone on the nutella wagon to move.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:50 pm mmmmm maybe. but the mafia probably won't kill Jay, because the mafia knows that Jay is a potential late game swing vote. why kill a variable when you can kill a constant?
What would you do if you were mafia in this scenario?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I think we have to agree to disagree, sorry. I definitely see a marmot playstyle in your case-part 1. And in part 2, it seems like a civ marmot who is really sees a civ nutella and wants people to vote for Simon instead. It's like your process of elimination crap. He saw that he trusted nutella more and so he wanted people to vote Simon. EVERYONE who did not vote for Simon, voted for Nutella. Who was he going to ask other than those who had decided they were voting nutella? Deadies cannot vote, non-players cannot vote.

Honestly...I 100% am scared out of my mind right now because I hate defending people so hard in games because I know it can come back to bite me in the ass. But I have to call bullshit on your claims against marmot. I think they are stupid and feel like it's my responsibility to tell you so.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

If marmot is bad....it is NOT for the reasons you are saying. That is all.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:03 pm

I think we have to agree to disagree, sorry. I definitely see a marmot playstyle in your case-part 1. And in part 2, it seems like a civ marmot who is really sees a civ nutella and wants people to vote for Simon instead. It's like your process of elimination crap. He saw that he trusted nutella more and so he wanted people to vote Simon. EVERYONE who did not vote for Simon, voted for Nutella. Who was he going to ask other than those who had decided they were voting nutella? Deadies cannot vote, non-players cannot vote.

Honestly...I 100% am scared out of my mind right now because I hate defending people so hard in games because I know it can come back to bite me in the ass. But I have to call bullshit on your claims against marmot. I think they are stupid and feel like it's my responsibility to tell you so.
I mean... I had no reason not to vote Simon.

People I would not lynch right now: Jack

People I would lynch right now: laplue, Long Con, JaggedJimmJay, Made

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Actually, I would not lynch Jay right now. He's off the dang lynch poll.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Lynch me please.
hey don't say that =[
pls help us figure out who the other bad guys are other than jay? Who do you think ?
What're your thoughts on made?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

so I just looked at the lynch poll. I had no clue Dom was playing and I don't even know a Dave. Have they even posted?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Who's Dave? :3

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:03 pmEVERYONE who did not vote for Simon, voted for Nutella. Who was he going to ask other than those who had decided they were voting nutella? Deadies cannot vote, non-players cannot vote.

He didn't ask "everyone" who didn't vote for Simon. He asked the specific few people who indicated that they would not vote for Simon.

Go read it and then tell me my claims are bullshit.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:12 pm so I just looked at the lynch poll. I had no clue Dom was playing and I don't even know a Dave. Have they even posted?
I think Dave has only 1 or 2 posts, but dom has been MIA from start of game
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It makes zero sense for Marmot to believe Glorfindel has a moral aversion to lying about his alignment, but no moral aversion to lying about someone else's alignment. That's nonsense. To defend him after he tried to say that is nonsense. Lynch the man.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:14 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:03 pmEVERYONE who did not vote for Simon, voted for Nutella. Who was he going to ask other than those who had decided they were voting nutella? Deadies cannot vote, non-players cannot vote.

He didn't ask "everyone" who didn't vote for Simon. He asked the specific few people who indicated that they would not vote for Simon.

Go read it and then tell me my claims are bullshit.
Were those the specific people who were actually in the thread when he was asking? Did you think of that? Maybe that's why he was asking those people.

linki: Jay "It makes zero sense for Marmot to believe Glorfindel has a moral aversion to lying about his alignment, but no moral aversion to lying about someone else's alignment." This is the ONLY think I agree with you about. But this was NOT in your two-part case against Marmot.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

lapluie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:15 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:12 pm so I just looked at the lynch poll. I had no clue Dom was playing and I don't even know a Dave. Have they even posted?
I think Dave has only 1 or 2 posts, but dom has been MIA from start of game
we cannot rule them out as mafia....just sayin'
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

@marmot....those you were asking to vote Simon instead nutella....were those the people in the thread at the time? If not...why were you asking those people specifically?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I told you I would be back when the number of players decreased. Are you sure you still want me? :p
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 5]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:12 pm Glorfindel, kindly move your vote to Simon, please.
Let's see how interested Glorfindel was in voting for Simon:

Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:48 pm Don’t get me going on Simon. There’s massive red-herring potential there. If he was Mafia coming in at the last second, surely he’d have nailed TSP’s coffin shut once and for all. But no, he voted for Lapluie which is an encouraging look in my view.
Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:46 pm I’d have to go back and check. I can certainly see Nutella as being Mafia. And if read what you said earlier correctly, I agree - the whole Simon thing seems like a bad deal to me and I am skeptical of anyone pushing that agenda right now.
Glorfindel wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:46 pm
lapluie wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:07 pm
lapluie wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:06 pm You guys don't actually think Simon's is bad, youre voting him off because he's inactive, there's no real evidence that he's mafia, the real evidence is in nutella.
Tony was very adamant in nutella being bad.
But I feel like I'm talking to myself now & nobody's listening so ...rip....
What if there's very similar evidence against Simon as there is against nutella?
There is no case against simon, I for one am certain simon isn't bad, there's no reason to even lynch him. He's inactive!!!!

=/
I don’t share your level of certainty, my friend but I’d wager that your assessment of the situation is correct. At this point of the game with our numbers (theoretically, at least) approaching balance, I’m especially wary of ‘easy options’ like Simon.
Marmot wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:21 pm lapluie Made ! Get on over to Simon.
How about lapluie? Was she into it?

lapluie wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:00 pm Hang on a second..why are we voting simon again?
lapluie wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:19 pm If we are voting Simon tonight, we will mislynched & kill another townie, (possibly). So genuine reads from those two are better than a confused & unsure read on simon.
lapluie wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:06 pm You guys don't actually think Simon's is bad, youre voting him off because he's inactive, there's no real evidence that he's mafia, the real evidence is in nutella.
Tony was very adamant in nutella being bad.
But I feel like I'm talking to myself now & nobody's listening so ...rip....
lapluie wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:31 pm Lol ofcourse Elohcin votes simon, omy to save her mafia partner. I always knew it & dunya did say to keep an eye on her
lapluie wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:53 pm I was all for lynching simon a few days ago tbh, there's no reason for me not to at the time? For now I'm afraid if we lynch simon it'll be a mishap that happend to dunya & she flipped civilian, I don't wanna take those chances.

It's very clear how nutella is bad idk how you're not seeing it, youre voting simon bcos hes inactive, you don't actually have reasons to vote him Elohcin you're just following the train.

You also purposely killed dunya when the votes were tied with other 2 lynches & asked who to vote- you chose dunya ofc for no reaaon other than voting for the most votes tallied. Im onto you.

Okay. How about Made?

Made wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:51 pm wow y'all a tie? for realzies?
gonna re read simon, cuz i don't remember anything from him at all, but my thought process right now is bad things from one player with good things vs no good things from another player and absents isn't a black and white policy lynch but depends on context of the absents and how bad the bad things are.

voting nutella now
Made wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:00 pm lmao that was a short read. i could go either way. i'd wager that simon is unfamilar with the "baddies post more emojis' train of thought, and i'm typically against it, but like that's a thing that exist for a reason, i mean probably.

the fact that simon hasn't come in to defend himself, today, yesterday, last night etc etc etc makes a bit nervous tho. I'd be very sure that should he be bad his teammates would bus the shit out of him cuz easy civ cred. I feel like a civvie simon would be less likely to play defense than a mafia simon.

And I'm supposed to believe that Marmot really expected these people to change their votes? It's bullshit. He was being transparently fake. Kill him.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”