Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 432

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:52 am i got your dumb joke epi
Took you a while. Do you get why JJJ is bad? That's more important.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:52 am
what do you mean took me a while I got it when I read it

and....maybe? I'm not 100% sold
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I kind of love this tally. If Dwarf is mafia, then his teammates have to decide between bussing him and contributing to a mislynch of a guy who has been lynched twice in 29 Syndicate games. :dark:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:15 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:01 pm so the general assumption is that baddie background powers would replace the mafia's regular cover background powers right?
But why would Mafia need regular background powers then? They could make one up, couldn't they? My background is that I can't target or be targeted by players from Neutralia, but I could easily say that my powers can't be blocked or misdirected on nights with a multiple of 3.
I don't understand what you're saying here and I also don't think it answers my question :x
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:54 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:52 am
what do you mean took me a while I got it when I read it

and....maybe? I'm not 100% sold
I was amusing myself on the timing of your post. I'm self-centered.

A civilian JJJ does not have to burn himself out. He would still not lie down and take this.

He is bad. He is going mum. He is a big voice until someone challenges him. People give JJJ free reign over the civscape (ooh, did I just make a word?), but they never challenge him until it is too late.

I don't have a problem with him feeling burnout. I'm feeling burnout myself, and I'm a civilian. This isn't about that.

JJJ's cases have been shit. His treatment of my exercise has been shit. He is not a civilian. Lynch him.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

civscape is a pretty cool word, i'll give you that, but hear me out: what the actual literal genuine fuck does it mean
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:17 am civscape is a pretty cool word, i'll give you that, but hear me out: what the actual literal genuine fuck does it mean
Linguists don't define words. We let the masses use them and then figure it out.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 444

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:56 am I kind of hate this tally. Dwarf is mafia and our teammates have to decide between bussing him and bussing me. :sigh:
FTFY
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:37 am Okay. I scrapped my original idea.

Instead:
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:48 pm
Kites wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:38 amtargeted sig last night, giving him a +15% chance to kill the target, so he had a 90% chance to succeed. Anyways there’s a passive effect on my powers that will cause the person I targeted to be misdirected. But the only way that could have happened is if Colin was my long lost brother and Wilgy targeted him with a harmful action, but the chances it really happened are small.
if everything you're saying is true, and it would be weird if it wasn't since you alluded to this way back on day 0, wilgy probably really is your brother. I'm like 95% sure actually.
Who is the long-lost brother people?
This probably isn't exactly what you're asking but... Kites' comment about a long long lost brother prompted me to google "archer, long lost brother" and it brought me to the wiki page for Rebecca, an archer from Blazing Blade. She leaves home to search for her long lost brother, the only pirate is Dart, a dude who suffered amnesia and joined up with some pirates because thats how life is sometimes. Dart is highly hinted at being Rebecca's lost brother.

So far every role has been from "sacred stones" or "the blazing blade", and kite's made a cryptic post about a lost brother much earlier in the game... Idk. It makes sense.

Whether or not this confirms Kite's as civ I guess depends on how much fire emblem knowledge he has, because this would take an impressive amount of forethought to setup if fake, and the fact that sig was apparently redirected from targeting Wilgy despite none of the known redirectors being responsible for it seems to confirm Kite's thing.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:27 am
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:17 am civscape is a pretty cool word, i'll give you that, but hear me out: what the actual literal genuine fuck does it mean
Linguists don't define words. We let the masses use them and then figure it out.
where was this attitude during the "information" debate :pout:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

reviewing jay.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:34 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:56 am I kind of hate this tally. Dwarf is mafia and our teammates have to decide between bussing him and bussing me. :sigh:
FTFY
Lmao
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

you used it. what did it mean in that use?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:42 am
rekt
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I'm trying to convince myself you guys are right about Jay but it's not easy. I'm not really feeling it. Maybe I'll work up the patience to skim his iso tomorrow and make up my mind from there, but at the moment if it's gonna be between him and I_D I'm probably going with the latter :shrug:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:52 am I'm trying to convince myself you guys are right about Jay but it's not easy. I'm not really feeling it. Maybe I'll work up the patience to skim his iso tomorrow and make up my mind from there, but at the moment if it's gonna be between him and I_D I'm probably going with the latter :shrug:
You do you homie.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

jay's iso is a million pages long
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:55 am jay's iso is a million pages long
Dude just give us this one.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:42 am
:meany:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:44 am
No. You seem to be more enthralled by that word than I am. I know what I meant by throwing it out there. What does it mean to you?

And why do you care about a made up word in a mafia game?
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Kites »

Quin wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:55 am
gwilikers6 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:50 am This was my exact result btw: “**f*** *m ** - s*g”

I was drunk last night and working now so I haven’t put the slightest effort into decoding it. Have at it.
Soften 'em up. It corroborates I think Kites (?) who said they boosted sig's kill chance. I obviously didn't do that, so you were misdirected or something.
yeah but why is kites giving his scum reads an extra chance to kill?
Kites wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:35 am feels at the moment:
I’m comfortable around:
ColinIsCool
Dr. White
dunya
JJJ
Long Con
MacDougall
Marmot

Neutral:
DDL
gwilikers6
Kylemii
rdw
sprityo

Hmmmm... :
Iron_Dwarf
Kenway
nutella
rabbit8: the longer he’s gone the more I think he’s just not interested in this game
sig
TonyStarkPrime

Confused:
Epignosis - pls start giving reads on people, I’ll leave you alone for now tho
lapluie - post more
Quin - you gotta do more to redeem yourself

Bad feeling:
colonialbob - changed his votes frequently, almost exclusively between inactive people to invite them to talk - afraid to be responsible for false lynch?
DrWilgy - no useful content, weird dunya vote and no explanation

I hope I did the colors right :D
@Kites do you no longer suspect sig? why?
the orange color was like lower end neutral, sligthly suspicious, mainly cos he was just being jokey and i couldn’t read him. his day 2 and onwards posts changed my mind and i’d give him a green light now
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am confident that JJJ is bad. If I am wrong, assessment as you will, but I believe in my shit.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That should say "assess me."

I am a teacher and automatically write "assessment." Bleh.
Kites
The Mark

Post by Kites »

Instead:
Kites wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:38 amtargeted sig last night, giving him a +15% chance to kill the target, so he had a 90% chance to succeed. Anyways there’s a passive effect on my powers that will cause the person I targeted to be misdirected. But the only way that could have happened is if Colin was my long lost brother and Wilgy targeted him with a harmful action, but the chances it really happened are small.
if everything you're saying is true, and it would be weird if it wasn't since you alluded to this way back on day 0, wilgy probably really is your brother. I'm like 95% sure actually.
yeah I meant colin, Kylemii misunderstood. If my action helped my brother in any way, like boosting sig’s kill when he is targeting a player (wilgy) who is harming my brother (colin) somehow, the kill would misdirected to colin. that’s what i think it means, it’s kind of hard to understand

[mention]Kylemii[/mention] what made you think wilgy would be my brother? cos I have no idea
Kites
The Mark

Post by Kites »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:41 am

Instead:
This probably isn't exactly what you're asking but... Kites' comment about a long long lost brother prompted me to google "archer, long lost brother" and it brought me to the wiki page for Rebecca, an archer from Blazing Blade. She leaves home to search for her long lost brother, the only pirate is Dart, a dude who suffered amnesia and joined up with some pirates because thats how life is sometimes. Dart is highly hinted at being Rebecca's lost brother.

So far every role has been from "sacred stones" or "the blazing blade", and kite's made a cryptic post about a lost brother much earlier in the game... Idk. It makes sense.

Whether or not this confirms Kite's as civ I guess depends on how much fire emblem knowledge he has, because this would take an impressive amount of forethought to setup if fake, and the fact that sig was apparently redirected from targeting Wilgy despite none of the known redirectors being responsible for it seems to confirm Kite's thing.
oh wow just noticed this, maybe he is then
but that means i had nothing to with the possible misdirection of sig
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kites wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:25 am

Instead:
yeah I meant colin, Kylemii misunderstood. If my action helped my brother in any way, like boosting sig’s kill when he is targeting a player (wilgy) who is harming my brother (colin) somehow, the kill would misdirected to colin. that’s what i think it means, it’s kind of hard to understand

Kylemii what made you think wilgy would be my brother? cos I have no idea
Wait isn't it still right then?

If Sig was originally trying to target wilgy (ur bro, hypothetically) like he claims, then his power would be misdirected to someone other than your brother (Colin).... right?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kites wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:36 amoh wow just noticed this, maybe he is then
but that means i had nothing to with the possible misdirection of sig
how is your power worded? because redirecting harmful actions towards your long lost brother doesn't make a lot of sense thematically. is it possible you have it backwards?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:06 am
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:44 am
No. You seem to be more enthralled by that word than I am. I know what I meant by throwing it out there. What does it mean to you?

And why do you care about a made up word in a mafia game?
dude chill im just playin. for real though that word's got real potential in this community of practice. excellent coinage
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

where's my top fellow [mention]Marmot[/mention] at? if you see this, you absolute ledge, what are your thoughts on the jagged one at this finest hour
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

goodness you guys I swear i haven't had anything to drink tonight i'm just.... feeling like talking all zany and things yknow. it gets quiet in here this time of night, gotta entertain myself
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dayvig rdw
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

rundontwalk wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:50 pm @Iron_Dwarf GTH who are your scummate?
rundontwalk
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

rundontwalk wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:43 pm And after you get done murdering me plz kill Iron Dwarf. I think I hit a nerve with my 4 names
I actually repeatedly stated my suspicions of nutella and colonialbob.
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:18 pm Re: iron_dwarf

His Epi bashing didn't sit right with me, I never really understood why his disagreement with the exercise translated to Epi being scum. He then backed off that d2, before going back n2 after the EoD craziness.

I don't like the "nutella is opportunistic" criticism, it's very vague and just seems to be echoing other suspicions. If true, show your work.

His previous post about Sig not being mafia because of his power makes no sense and he hasn't addressed my questioning of it.

His pressure on RDW clearly indicates he missed some of the discussion between RDW and JJJ, which could be mafia looking for an easy excuse to park their vote.

He was one of the people who voted me early and never provided a case on me despite my repeated asking for one.

All that said, after the ISO a lot of the posting I didn't agree with war how he defended himself against the draft argument (which was a totally valid argument). However, Dr. White being town means that defense isn't necessarily scummy, poor as it is.

Overall I still lean negative on him but it's less strong than before the Dr. White flip.
I have not said that I read Epi as 100% town. You can see in my ISO that I made a case on him deliberately creating chaos.

It's not a vague criticism. She is quite eager to follow in the footsteps of other players who try to start a vote for someone, changing her opinion afterward. During this day, she's okay with me and then starts to get behind lynching me after a few posts.

I will admit that my post on Sig made no sense reading it back. Had this idea in my head that the ability would be a town one, but that's not true. I do read him as town though.

I had other points on rdw as well.

The draft argument never made sense to me and it showed, with Dr. White flipping town.

It was earlier in the game that I stated my suspicion of you with reasons. But right now my focus is more on rdw and nutella.

Can also get behind the JJJ lynch, but not too sure.
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:37 pm @JaggedJimmyJay what do you think of the idea that Iron Dwarf is copping a lot of heat from Mafia teammates?
You can say the same about other suspects.
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

Marmot wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:09 pm Sorry for the lack of activity as of late.

I'll be around to lynch some scum tomorrow morning. :feb:
Easy post.
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

[mention]Quin[/mention] only dropped in to ask why he is suspected and starting a case on Kites. Seems defensive.
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

I might like a nutella lynch more now.

[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Guys can we not lynch iron dwarf.
gwilikers6
The Mark
Posts in topic: 326

Post by gwilikers6 »

I’ve lost all interest in this, I’m sorry guys. I’ll try to catch up when I get out of work today.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 662
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:20 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:08 pm I feel like we are in a pseudo lylo. No dead mafia by day 3 means its time for a different approach.
In a game this big?
There is a point where town still has a positive ratio but mafia's numbers are good enough they can shut down every civ power and maybe add a few points of vote power to themselves.

Good luck lynching mafia now unless you can pull major feats in scumhunting.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:35 pm I'm okay with this Iron Dwarf lynch though my reasons for it were never too strong. Can people who are voting for him summarize their cases?

i'm not okay with the Sig lynch based on game mechanics. There is "easy" all over it. You guys can do better.
mfw I post this while not reading Bob's post which explains the ID case pretty well.

Though i'm open for other people giving theirs.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

rundontwalk wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:20 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:18 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:13 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:06 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:04 am Have some opinions:

Good guys:
MacDougall, Kylemii, sig, lapluie, Kites

Bad guys:
JaggedJimmyJay, rundontwalk
Being careful not to buddy me, I see.
You almost made the good pile.
But you didn't.

I wish I could be there for real. Is Bob even still hosting?
Bob's dead, mate. Bob's dead.
Am not!
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

RDW is saying a lot of illogical things but I think that comes from a genuine place.

Some posts from him don't really make sense from a baddie's standpoint.
rundontwalk wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:40 pm Also do note I voted for DDF because I don't really care if he dies, just I don't think MacDougall should be confirmed town. At time I thought Mac claimed he knew DDF was scum based on some power role, which would be easy to fake
Like this posts really feels like is legit worried about the hunt, in that he knows he could be wrong about me but he doesn't want his theory to go to waste. This post is a very civ one.

And you add the thing Mac (I think) posted before that RDW is a random and emotional player, and I believe we are dealing with a Boo of sorts. Aka player who is easy to lynch as a civ because they talk too much.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:29 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:24 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:20 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:18 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:13 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:06 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:04 am Have some opinions:

Good guys:
MacDougall, Kylemii, sig, lapluie, Kites

Bad guys:
JaggedJimmyJay, rundontwalk
Being careful not to buddy me, I see.
You almost made the good pile.
But you didn't.

I wish I could be there for real. Is Bob even still hosting?
Nah, that's Drew Carey. He does a good job though.
Damn since 2007!

So how about that thing you did at the start.... with the jab at females being weak?
I was just talking shit. There was nothing game-related about any of those posts. I realize gender was a game-related discussion (I don't know the theme well at all), but my commentary was just to be funny.
[mention]dunya[/mention]
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Post by dunya »

leaves the thread for 4 days

still numba 1 :noble:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:46 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:29 am I was just talking shit. There was nothing game-related about any of those posts. I realize gender was a game-related discussion (I don't know the theme well at all), but my commentary was just to be funny.
dunya
sexism isn't funny kids :disappoint:

now get that man back in the kitchen to make me a sandwich :meany:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:52 am I'm trying to convince myself you guys are right about Jay but it's not easy. I'm not really feeling it. Maybe I'll work up the patience to skim his iso tomorrow and make up my mind from there, but at the moment if it's gonna be between him and I_D I'm probably going with the latter :shrug:
If you don't believe it say you don't believe it and vote against it. Your waffling doesn't look good.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Kylemii wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:55 am jay's iso is a million pages long
ISO Epi, mac and me and search for Jay.

Or do both things.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Kylemii wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:41 am

Instead:

The mafia gets fake backstores to claim. He doesn't need to fake anything.

Return to “Previous Jobs”