Mass Effect Mafia (END)

Here you can participate in or spectate the crossover game with HCRealms!
- 19 players
- Semi-open setup
- Day/night cycles are 48/24
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 145

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 1)

Post by S~V~S »

TonyStarkPrime wrote:
Long Con wrote: 1. This would be the reaction that tickled my suspiciometer. Defensive, with a thin slice of OMGUS at the end.
I'm sure someone has already said something, but this is natural Silver. It is still Is valid reaction, but I don't put too much stock into it.
So tell me the difference between *town* Silver defensiveness and overreaction and *baddie* Silver defensiveness and overreaction reaction. There must be one, and if he is town he will welcome it being put out there.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 137

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Night 1)

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:I just think it's a comfortable place to be. You didn't vote Llama, so you didn't lynch a Civ. You didn't defend him as a Civ, so it doesn't look like you knew he was Civ.
LC, while I do think Epi is bad, your logic here is wrong.

There are two baddie teams meaning they are hunting each other. Epi being on the sidelines gains him nothing if he's hunting the othee baddie team.

Now LC, do you consider this a mistake? How should I read you for making, what I see as, a mistake?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 77
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

gfishfunk wrote:Here is an idea. (I post them as I think of them)

Post ONE player you think is likely town. Very simple. If you say yourself, I vote for you.

mine: colonialbob.
mine: DrWilgy for a Syndicate player, Nifty for a realmser
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S wrote:
TonyStarkPrime wrote:
Long Con wrote: 1. This would be the reaction that tickled my suspiciometer. Defensive, with a thin slice of OMGUS at the end.
I'm sure someone has already said something, but this is natural Silver. It is still Is valid reaction, but I don't put too much stock into it.
So tell me the difference between *town* Silver defensiveness and overreaction and *baddie* Silver defensiveness and overreaction reaction. There must be one, and if he is town he will welcome it being put out there.
Tony did you see this?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

S~V~S wrote:
TonyStarkPrime wrote:
I'm going to suggest that others who have played more with him answer this, but Silver as maf tends to play things off more and be a little less direct while maintaining a general offensive persona, where town Silver can and sometimes will verbally assault you for voting for him.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 167

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:I just think it's a comfortable place to be. You didn't vote Llama, so you didn't lynch a Civ. You didn't defend him as a Civ, so it doesn't look like you knew he was Civ. You just quietly sat in a corner and lamented the lynch of Llama in a broader, multigame sense. Difficult to criticize that stance. Epi protested softly against the Civ lynch. And if Llama had turned up bad, hey, Epi wasn't technically defending him. His opinion had nothing to do with this game at all. So, that's safe.

A careful, comfortable place to be. Nothing suspicious about Epi, he's just a broad-minded, sympathetic, sensitive guy who wants everyone to have a fair shake.
There are two mafia teams- not one. Try again. El LC.

And if I am playing it safe, why does that bother you?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Fuuuuu!

Syndicate saves full editor posts but not quick reply ones if the mobile page reloads.

I keep losing content.

I had a cheeky rainbow and everything. :(
I think I typed the same thing four times and was very confused by this. I hate spotty internet.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

TonyStarkPrime wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
TonyStarkPrime wrote:
I'm going to suggest that others who have played more with him answer this, but Silver as maf tends to play things off more and be a little less direct while maintaining a general offensive persona, where town Silver can and sometimes will verbally assault you for voting for him.
Thank you.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

S~V~S wrote:Quite a few people missed the vote :|
Sorry... :(
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:
Long Con wrote:I just think it's a comfortable place to be. You didn't vote Llama, so you didn't lynch a Civ. You didn't defend him as a Civ, so it doesn't look like you knew he was Civ.
LC, while I do think Epi is bad, your logic here is wrong.

There are two baddie teams meaning they are hunting each other. Epi being on the sidelines gains him nothing if he's hunting the othee baddie team.

Now LC, do you consider this a mistake? How should I read you for making, what I see as, a mistake?
I don't consider it a mistake. It's nothing that I didn't consider, really. If Llama had been on the opposite baddie team from Epi, then Epi loses nothing but an opportunity to be seen as an enemy of that Mafia team when he broad-defends him. From a numbers perspective, Llama is more likely to be a Civ than to be someone on the other team. Epi believing Llama is Civ is safe.

If you still think it's a mistake, then first off you would read me as fallible, I suppose. Then you analyze the factors that could have been involved in the making of this mistake. Did Long Con not know there were two Mafia teams? That is not the case, but if you want to believe that then it probably points away from me being on a Mafia team. So be my guest.

Or was it a calculated ploy by Long Con, Archduke of Deception? A trap which you, Wilgy, have sprung... perhaps defused? Long Con feigns ignorance of baddie team structure in order to endear him to the hearts of sympathetic Civs who, truth be told, also hadn't realized there were two! :grin: Juicy!

So, how you wanna read me depends on how juicy you like your Mafia. :srsnod:
Epignosis wrote:There are two mafia teams- not one. Try again. El LC.
Is that your big "A-HA!" moment? I don't want to miss it if that was it. :grin:
And if I am playing it safe, why does that bother you?
:| Just seemed suspicious. Like, you wanted to be right there, shaking your head in disappointment at the slaying of the poor Civ you tried to save. Like a publicity thing. That's how I saw it, and it set off my ping-o-meter a little.

That said, the playing it safe part makes sense for any alignment. I'll concede that point.
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 137

Post by DrWilgy »

Ok, so I'm thinking we send LC to kill Bob while I'll role block MP.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Okay, my "initial" reads, some with more info than others:
Nifty- generally good feeling, disagreed without seeming overly defensive
DrWilgy- Contributing good things, sticking to his opinions. Hasn't posted that much on reads
GFish- trying to get reads from others
SVS- Asking questions, looking for specific things others have said

Adam- Nothing that would point me either way
CBob- I have more thoughts here but I want to think about him for a while before I place him on either side
MP- He has had a few posts which ping me, but a few with the opposite effect.
JOH- as it turns out, JOH acting like JOH is pretty standard
Dyslexicon- Sane as MP
Epi
Nutella- seems like Maf trying to coast under the surface
Spirityo- same

too quiet:
Dom
Fred
IR
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

DrWilgy wrote:Ok, so I'm thinking we send LC to kill Bob while I'll role block MP.
Great idea.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:There are two mafia teams- not one. Try again. El LC.
Is that your big "A-HA!" moment? I don't want to miss it if that was it. :grin:
No. My big aha moment will come later.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 57

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 0)

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:Hey there everyone. Does this game involve all the ME games or only the latest one?
Why, is your role from the latest one?

How familiar are you with the games? I am 100% unfamiliar. :ponder:
I have no idea if my role is from the latest one or not. I am also 100% unfamiliar. Well 95%, cause I know it has something to do with space, and the main person is called Shepard.
And you do know there are multiple games, and know enough about it to ask this question.

Not sure why this would be suspicious, but it does get my attention. Only thing so far, really.

MP, have you played at the HRC forum?
why is this attention worthy? do you play mass effect?
I'm a bit confused why you chose these questions as your two to ask, Dom.

First, do you believe S~V~S's observation/question was out of meta for her or unreasonable in some way?

Second, why would you ask S~V~S if she plays Mass Effect?

I don't understand the purpose of these questions towards developing a read on S~V~S. Consider me very slightly tentatively suspicious of Dom.
SVS doesn't play so why do these questions benefit her at all? SVS also ignores that the previous games were mentioned in thread several times. Doesn't sit that well with me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I don't know the HCR people really, so I'll just develop those assessments based on how I feel about them largely within this game. So this list will be more so a meta list for those I know and a first impressions and likely more relevant to actual reads list for those I do know.

Re: the Syndicate people, just a general disclaimer that these are my general assessments of these folks, and that I do not vouch for their universal accuracy or agreement with how other players may view them.

Syndicate folks:
Dom - Depends on how busy he is, which can affect his posting frequency and general effectiveness, but nonetheless contributes well even under limited pressure. Dom always likes to poke and prod, asking questions, typically ones that no one else thinks to ask, which can be a source of suspicion but also of unique and great insight.

DrWilgy - Loves to play with WIFOM and general mindfuckery. Loves to make gambits and play with an air of unpredictability and I'd say he always with a carefree demeanor. Tends to be a bit more susceptible to paranoia as a member of the town. His contributions can be underrated unfortunately, however, due to his demeanor.

Dyslexicon - Carefree and fun. Often suspicions are built around a healthy dose of tone-based observations and paranoia, but don't let that fool you into thinking Dizzy is a one-man pony; Dizzy can make some very analytically-driven insightful observations as well. I'm not sure I can say much as to differences between Dizzy's town and mafia game since I've only played 1 cycle of a game with a mafia-aligned Dizzy.

Epignosis - Assertive, bold, and confident. May become a thread leader, especially when no such leader doesn't already exists. It's not necessarily out of character for him to post less, especially on D1, though if he's busy and sometimes he likes to observe and then pounce once he sees something to interrogate or a way to get a reaction. Likes pressuring players. Likes to build proper cases, which can range from incredibly detailed and researched meta observations (some of the best I've ever seen), to grammatically-driven analysis (he is an English teacher after all), and to heavily analytical voting record insights and post behavior interpretations. He is a straight shooter, but don't put any sort of gambit past him either. I would say he's very difficult to sort into town or mafia generally, especially based on meta, but I think I have noticed a slight trend in that he tends to tunnel more when mafia and be more likely to work with and consider fellow town reads' thoughts when town, even if he's always stubborn.

Long Con - Crafty, cunning, and one of the most convincing liars you'll ever meet (when he's bad, but occasionally when he's town as well). He can be prone to make observations that come from a unique mindset as well which can get him into similar situations as Dom; it can present him with unwarranted suspicion but also with an intriguing and valuable perspective into other players' behavior. His game is an incredibly mechanical game of deception when he's mafia; I'd say less careful and more 'heart on the sleeve's when he's town. Across both alignments I'd say he may be more apt to put stock into meta assessments than the average Syndicateer, and that he's better at using meta to his advantage when developing reads than most.

nutella - Reasonable and insightful, usually all the while keeping a reasonable post count (unlike yours truly, who needs too many posts to make his points). Unfortunately I'd say she is often misunderstood and mislynched as town, which is a shame, because she can really outplay the field when she's firing on all cylinders (see: Phenon). Sometimes she can become boxed in by uncertainty, talking herself in and out of thoughts about someone, and a lack of assertive reads, but I think these can all be incredible strengths and often are. nutella is always very quick to recognize when she might be tunneling or have an unreasonable expectation of someone's behavior, and I think that's an incredibly strong trait, especially when she's town. When she's mafia I think she displays a bit more confidence and tunneling, and I think people are too willing to trust her when she's bad and the reverse when she's not for some reason, so watch out.

sprityo - Like Dizzy, I don't have quite the extensive meta history with sprityo as I do the other Syndicate players on this list (whom I've played and witnessed many games from), but don't get me wrong; he can be a very formidable asset in this community just like Dizzy. Unfortunately I would say sprityo has a tendency to get lynched early in games in general, which is a shame, because as the game continues I feel he develops a better footing and gradually becomes more talkative and analytical, whereas early on in games he can be more quiet and tone-based. I would say he is a unique strength in an ability to wrap his head around very complex role madness setups. Hell, just look no further than the clusterfuck (Phenon) he just hosted if you don't believe me.

S~V~S - An incredible adversary, S~V~S and I almost never see eye to eye. :p But that's just because she approaches this game in a very different way than I do, and that's probably a good thing since I'm not very good. She's a brute force of insightful tone-based assessments, able to draw insight from even the simplest tone tick that ends up being accurate a stunning amount of the time. As town I'd say she tends to be a bit more emotionally tumultuous in her tone, and like LC, less careful and mechanical. She is also assertive and prone to tunneling across both alignments, but perhaps a bit more assertive and tunnely as town than when mafia. Don't let that persuade you from taking her seriously though; usually there's a good reason she won't let something go as town, and she is very good at conversing with other players, especially those she town reads, and taking what they have to say into consideration. But watch out, she'll pull the wool over everyone's eyes as mafia; she's a serious FEB.

thellama73 - Supatown. Very assertive with his reads, very tone-based and meta-based, especially early on in games, then later can drift more towards vote analysis. Loves reaction baiting and gambits. Doesn't post with as much frequency as he did when he first started playing mafia, but he contributes plenty with each post, even if many times it's with reaction baiting. As I mentioned earlier, I would say he is a bit more carefree and willing to throw out crazy statements when town, but he's capable of anything when bad, so don't put anything past him. Historically he also loves to distance from and bus his teammates, so never exclude him from suspicion even if he has a stellar voting record. An incredibly cunning baddie.
HCR folks:
Adam - Inquisitive, I like it. Seems reasonable, down-to-earth, insightful while avoiding verbose posts.

CaptainNifty - I like that he threw out a read with his first post even if he was late to the party. That shows initiative. Very clear with his thoughts and reads.

colonialbob - Talkative, seems we may be likely to see eye to eye and/or mindmeld due to similar perspectives so far. I like that he seems to be actively solving the game to the best of his ability.

Fredwood - I subbed into Phenon, but was able to play with Fred a bit there. He seemed a bit shy, but was nonetheless a very adept and capable player. Not sure yet how I feel about him this game, looking through his 6 posts leaves with me little to assess.

gfishfunk - Bold, aggressive. I think we got off on the wrong foot, and I'm still not entirely sure what to make of him, but I love the effort that he's putting forth.

Immortal_Raven - Hard to tell so far with only 3 posts with almost no game-related content; I look forward to hearing more. :)

Jackofhearts - I'm most familiar with JOH, but somehow I don't think we've played together for that many game cycles even across a few games now. Very good at game solving, talkative, willing to question anyone about anything.

Silver Lantern - I didn't really get to interact with SL in the Phenon game; I think he was dead when I replaced in. I haven't gotten a handle on him here yet either, but he seems reasonable, inquisitive, and nice. I like his activity.

TonyStarkPrime - Pretty much no content here. Come on and post more, TSP, so I can get to know you and play with you!
I'm really looking forward to playing with all of you HCR folks and being able to write a much better meta list next time around, even if I won't actually do it. ;)
Interesting link between me and LC. Flattered. Not fooled.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Post ONE player you think is likely town. Very simple. If you say yourself, I vote for you.

Epignosis
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Syndicate saves full editor posts but not quick reply ones if the mobile page reloads.

I keep losing content.

That's some bullshit.
You made a rainbow list in the quick reply?

bad.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:My choices for already voted players are:
Dom
Epi
GFish
LC
Llama

My top suspects are:
Bob
Nut
(fairly large gap)
GFish
(additional fairly large gap)
Llama

Nobody else seems to be scum reading Bob or Nut and I'm not that frigging confident of my reads to push heavily, especially since there's a fair amount of suspicion based on very recent posts that may go unanswered at day end. I'll be voting GFish in a bit unless someone convinces me otherwise.
why does that matter?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:MP Rainbow #2
colonialbob
DrWilgy
S~V~S

gfishfunk
thellama73

Adam
CaptainNifty
Dyslexicon
Epignosis
Fredwood
Immortal_Raven
Jackofhearts2005
Long Con
nutella
Silver Lantern
sprityo
TonyStarkPrime

Dom
Willing to actually throw gfish into the very slight town reads because I think our different approaches to the game as well as a misunderstanding and some major brief tunneling on my part clouded my judgment; I feel alright about his approach to solving the game.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:

Choices for Most Town Read:

Silver Lantern - gfishfunk
Long Con - MovingPictures07
MovingPictures07 - DrWilgy
gfishfunk - colonialbob
thellama73 - Don't tell me what to do

People who have yet to respond:
Adam
CaptainNifty
colonialbob
Dom
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Epignosis
Fredwood
Immortal_Raven
Jackofhearts2005
nutella
sprityo
S~V~S
TonyStarkPrime
:ponder:

I guess I trust MP most.
Jack you list MP as your most trusted, but with the exception of Dom, his list is not that radically different from Nutellas. Why did her list draw the scorn, and his your most trusted ranking? MP greenlisted Bob and gfish too, which were two of the people you singled out on her list.
A great question posed by SVS.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:Ok, so I'm thinking we send LC to kill Bob while I'll role block MP.
:rolleyes: No, I don't want to kill bob.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

I didn't like Nut's answer to my questions.

You didn't like my tone cause it sounded like an interrogation. It was meant to.

I don't see how you could townread Bob, GFish and me at the same time. Too much Bob content is aimed at me. Too much Jack content is aimed at GFish. I find Nut's reads dishonest/made up.
So... can you be specific here?
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

:pout:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:

Epignosis
You surprise me.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey JOH, let's talk. You have plenty of content but for some reason I can't sort you out. Convince me why I should town read you.
it's because he doens't have many coherent thoughts.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
nutella wrote:I already explained about Dom. Dys I just sort of auto trust and I like their participation thus far. I also get a pretty good vibe from SVS but she can be a sneaky feb. Bob and Gfish both I have mostly agreed with MP's assessments of (Bob reads like a supatown; Gfish I felt weird about a couple times with his focus on meta reads etc but like MP I've decided he's just coming from a different culture/idea of effective scumhunting/content generation.) You I get a similar feeling as in phenon but based on people's meta on you im not sure that it's alignment indicative.
This? It's pretty weak. Pretty vague. Doesn't talk one bit about content.

Auto trust and good vibes are also weak and vague.

This is not supatown Nut that I've seen. Tbf, maybe I'm expecting too much on Day One and her read on me ain't that strong on reread.
this post is pretty weak and vague too but like???? the irony is lost?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

colonialbob wrote:
:pout:
I mean, it's not even a realistic plan to be suggesting. Wouldn't I be a poor choice to be "the killer", seeing as how I was the leader of the Llama lynch? I think I'm a pretty likely candidate to get tracked tonight. Especially since I'm so "hard to read".
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dom wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
nutella wrote:I already explained about Dom. Dys I just sort of auto trust and I like their participation thus far. I also get a pretty good vibe from SVS but she can be a sneaky feb. Bob and Gfish both I have mostly agreed with MP's assessments of (Bob reads like a supatown; Gfish I felt weird about a couple times with his focus on meta reads etc but like MP I've decided he's just coming from a different culture/idea of effective scumhunting/content generation.) You I get a similar feeling as in phenon but based on people's meta on you im not sure that it's alignment indicative.
This? It's pretty weak. Pretty vague. Doesn't talk one bit about content.

Auto trust and good vibes are also weak and vague.

This is not supatown Nut that I've seen. Tbf, maybe I'm expecting too much on Day One and her read on me ain't that strong on reread.
this post is pretty weak and vague too but like???? the irony is lost?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey JOH, let's talk. You have plenty of content but for some reason I can't sort you out. Convince me why I should town read you.
He never has coherent thoughts as town. This is almost a good enough reason.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote:
Or was it a calculated ploy by Long Con, Archduke of Deception? A trap which you, Wilgy, have sprung... perhaps defused? Long Con feigns ignorance of baddie team structure in order to endear him to the hearts of sympathetic Civs who, truth be told, also hadn't realized there were two! :grin: Juicy!
And to think I almost civ read you.

Back to neutral you go. :hugs:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:

Epignosis
You surprise me.
why
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dom wrote:
Long Con wrote:
And to think I almost civ read you.

Back to neutral you go. :hugs:
Close one! :slick:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

TonyStarkPrime wrote:
Dom wrote:
...so....i don't buy this, but elaborate pls.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

JoH is bad

LC might be.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:

Epignosis
You surprise me.
why
You need a reason why I am surprised you think I'm good?

Ooookay mate.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:

Epignosis
You surprise me.
why
You need a reason why I am surprised you think I'm good?

Ooookay mate.
We disagree fundamentally in many ways.
I don't see why this has to be one of them.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dom wrote:
TonyStarkPrime wrote:
Dom wrote:
...so....i don't buy this, but elaborate pls.
Mostly a joke, slightly a jab at JOH.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

OK. If it's mostly a joke, tell me, how am I supposed to take this as a take on Jack's meta.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JOH, especially as town, has a history of contradicting himself in his search for mafia. Any inconsistency definitely needs to be looked into, and I think SVS definitely has a valid question, but I tend to not put too much stock into how much Jack's statements contradict themselves and more into what his general sentiment is and what he thinks about the meta of the game.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

RIP llama. Quite a sad role to lose too. :( Surprised the lynch went that way tbh, though I admit I sort of skimmed over LC's case. If I had been around I probably would have voted for Jack over Llama as there was some odd stuff from Jack toward the end there. I'll go back and assess that in more detail, but for one thing I wasn't a fan of his questioning of me and then never acknowledging that it is possible to townread people who suspect each other.

Epi is most definitely not his normal self this game and I don't know what to think of it. At least Dom is back and doing the Dom thing.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

TonyStarkPrime wrote:JOH, especially as town, has a history of contradicting himself in his search for mafia. Any inconsistency definitely needs to be looked into, and I think SVS definitely has a valid question, but I tend to not put too much stock into how much Jack's statements contradict themselves and more into what his general sentiment is and what he thinks about the meta of the game.
why do you think he lied about making a rainbow?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 272

Post by Fredwood »

Shit, it's had been 48 hours already? Sucks I missed EoD. Sorry for those people who wanted a vote from my I was unlikely to vote for anyone on Day 1.

As to initial reactions to day 1 and in general.

I really don't have a lot of experience in Double mafia games, usually our games aren't big enough to support multiple mafias, and the few that I've been in I believe I've been mafia, so I have no experience with generating reads. Those with experience how does this affect your reads? Are you just more suspicious of everyone because you don't have the benefit of being able to rely on successful scum hunters as town reads?

MP...damn, I have very little experience with you and perhaps this was a result of you being dropped into the middle of a massive game, but you're putting down JJJ level of content. I like that you're adamant about the meta posts being useless right now. I tend to agree to a point. I try my best to change my style of play constantly with my only real "trait" I think being that I don't like lynching a townie as a townie that I'm very stingy with my vote, and that when I'm scum I feel I have to keep that charade up. I just assume most others have a similar MO.

llama voters:

Gfish, I like his posts. He's aggressive but not defensive, (while we're getting into a meta territory) I usually feel more comfortable with an aggressive Gfish then a defensive Gfish, so this continues. The llama vote would concern me more if they had a history of playing together.

Jack: The vote doesn't mean much he didn't want to die, makes sense. His play was rather strange, I'm willing to give him benefit of the doubt because of his post EOD explanation. But he's definitely no where near green on my list.

Adam: Again vote doesn't mean much of anything to me. I like to think Adam and I are similar players, he adjusts his playstyle a lot, can be difficult to read, and to this day is the only player who ever fooled me in an end-game sequence.

LC: Maybe his vote was retaliatory and there looked to be a bit of grudgeplay histrionics involved. I have experience with LC as scum, and nothing he's done really has me greening him. The mayhem is very much in line with what I experienced with him as a scumpartner.

Others:

Silver relying on everyone's meta to be meta. Which is also meta for SIlver

Bob, don't know what to make about Bob. Some of his early play felt a bit too cloyingly innocent and naive. Felt like I was watching a Disney movie. That changed some as he went along and posted more. First impression I got was his early scum games on the realms, he acted similarly. I don't trust his puppy dog eyes is all.

Dizzy, floating through the thread like a adhd butterfly whose wings sprinkle a dusting of cocaine in her wake. So Town??? Wait, not enough gifs, scum.

Congrats on surviving Day 1 Wilgy

Nutella had the best town instincts I've ever witnessed in our last game together. Maybe this is carrying over, but if she has issues with Epi, I'm willing to give her some previous experience currency on her read. Cozying appearances be damned.

Everyone else didn't either ping me one way or another or didn't have enough posts to move the needle strongly.

So
None

Gfish
Diz
nutella

Adam
Wilgy
Silver

Bob - just cus I don't want to put him in yellow group

Jack
Long Con
Epi

Coloring is fun, especially if you don't stay within the lines.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Oh and MP is the middle group...my bad.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Dom wrote:

I keep losing content.

That's some bullshit.
You made a rainbow list in the quick reply?

bad.
:evileye:
Dom wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:My choices for already voted players are:
Dom
Epi
GFish
LC
Llama

My top suspects are:
Bob
Nut
(fairly large gap)
GFish
(additional fairly large gap)
Llama

Nobody else seems to be scum reading Bob or Nut and I'm not that frigging confident of my reads to push heavily, especially since there's a fair amount of suspicion based on very recent posts that may go unanswered at day end. I'll be voting GFish in a bit unless someone convinces me otherwise.
why does that matter?
Cause finding scum is half the game. I have reasons I suspect Bob and Nut. I don't have the ability to convince everyone to vote for them. This is especially a problem where I have the most votes on me.

I feel like you know this. What are you really trying to say, here?
Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:MP Rainbow #2
colonialbob
DrWilgy
S~V~S

gfishfunk
thellama73

Adam
CaptainNifty
Dyslexicon
Epignosis
Fredwood
Immortal_Raven
Jackofhearts2005
Long Con
nutella
Silver Lantern
sprityo
TonyStarkPrime

Dom

Willing to actually throw gfish into the very slight town reads because I think our different approaches to the game as well as a misunderstanding and some major brief tunneling on my part clouded my judgment; I feel alright about his approach to solving the game.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:

Choices for Most Town Read:

Silver Lantern - gfishfunk
Long Con - MovingPictures07
MovingPictures07 - DrWilgy
gfishfunk - colonialbob
thellama73 - Don't tell me what to do

People who have yet to respond:
Adam
CaptainNifty
colonialbob
Dom
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Epignosis
Fredwood
Immortal_Raven
Jackofhearts2005
nutella
sprityo
S~V~S
TonyStarkPrime

I guess I trust MP most.
Jack you list MP as your most trusted, but with the exception of Dom, his list is not that radically different from Nutellas. Why did her list draw the scorn, and his your most trusted ranking? MP greenlisted Bob and gfish too, which were two of the people you singled out on her list.
A great question posed by SVS.
No, it's a stupid question.

There are things you can criticize or find suspicious about my play. Inconsistency between my read of MP and my read of Nutella is not one of them. I can't believe I almost got lynched over that. I can't believe two other people think this train of thought makes sense.
Dom wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

I didn't like Nut's answer to my questions.

You didn't like my tone cause it sounded like an interrogation. It was meant to.

I don't see how you could townread Bob, GFish and me at the same time. Too much Bob content is aimed at me. Too much Jack content is aimed at GFish. I find Nut's reads dishonest/made up.
So... can you be specific here?
You don't understand my reasoning but you're sure it's scummy?

Dom wrote:JoH is bad

LC might be.
Jesus Christ. If I didn't already know your town game makes no sense to me after Unfortunate Events...
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Fredwood wrote: Others:

Silver relying on everyone's meta to be meta. Which is also meta for SIlver

Just realized this could be clearer. What I mean is he's relying on everyone's meta read of him to enforce his meta. Basically using it as proof of behavior.

I'm tired, so maybe my words are mushy and terrible.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

TonyStarkPrime wrote:JOH, especially as town, has a history of contradicting himself in his search for mafia. Any inconsistency definitely needs to be looked into, and I think SVS definitely has a valid question, but I tend to not put too much stock into how much Jack's statements contradict themselves and more into what his general sentiment is and what he thinks about the meta of the game.

Buddying?

I don't think this is true.

I swear I'm good at mafia you guys.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Buddying?

If it makes you feel any better you've never buddied me unless I was moderator.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Silver Lantern »

S~V~S wrote: So tell me the difference between *town* Silver defensiveness and overreaction and *baddie* Silver defensiveness and overreaction reaction. There must be one, and if he is town he will welcome it being put out there.
Nah SVS, I'm just too damn good for people to have a ready to order meta read on me of when I'm town vs when I am not.

I mean, are you seriously suggesting that there must be a quantifiable way to determine if I'm town or evil based on simple behavior anyone can pinpoint? And you claim that I would welcome that as town? No, I wouldn't welcome that as town because no one plays town all the time and only a lame-o who doesn't want a challenge would want such a thing to exist. What a load of garbage...
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Fredwood wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Buddying?

If it makes you feel any better you've never buddied me unless I was moderator.
Meant Tony might be buddying me by "giving me the benefit of the doubt" due to meta I don't think is accurate. Not sure I've ever seen Tony do that.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Silver Lantern wrote:
S~V~S wrote: So tell me the difference between *town* Silver defensiveness and overreaction and *baddie* Silver defensiveness and overreaction reaction. There must be one, and if he is town he will welcome it being put out there.
Nah SVS, I'm just too damn good for people to have a ready to order meta read on me of when I'm town vs when I am not.

I mean, are you seriously suggesting that there must be a quantifiable way to determine if I'm town or evil based on simple behavior anyone can pinpoint? And you claim that I would welcome that as town? No, I wouldn't welcome that as town because no one plays town all the time and only a lame-o who doesn't want a challenge would want such a thing to exist. What a load of garbage...
Do you throw fits when you're scum, Silver? :grin:

Return to “Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate crossover”