Chevona: Power, greed, and fire

Post your incomplete mafia game submissions here, regardless of game type. You may not even be sure which type you'll go with yet.

Moderator: Community Team

BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark
Posts in topic: 3

Chevona: Power, greed, and fire

Post by BoatsBoatsBoats »

An incomplete idea that I figured I'd get down before I forget anything good.

Welcome to Chevona: Please excuse the mess.

It's kind of like hell but also kind of different. Instead of ending up in hell for being an evil person, you end up in Chevona then become an evil person. The crumbling castles reside the money-worshiping "lords" of the area, constaltly battling among each other. Even without any legal document to enforce, the wishes of the lords are carried out by the fierce "tactical forces": a syndicate (heh) that will in most cases fulfill the desires of the lords. Aside from these two forces, the rest of the citizens are hedonistic sadists whose desires are to have their desires met.

However, the tactical forces' forces have expanded and are now unsatisfied with their payout and treatment and demand their desires to be met. Unfortunately, the stubborn lords refuse to compromise with people whose employment is defined by doing others' dirty work. But it is not as though the lords are powerless. Wielding the unique ability to collect souls for their own use (usually to flavor drinks), lords are very powerful as long as there are strings to pull.

LORDS:
Azha (BTSC with Servant of Azha): Kills odd nights.
Creon (BTSC with Servant of Creon): Every night flips a coin. If heads, Creon kills that night. If tails, vote is manipulated (somehow...?)
REX: who watches the watchmen?

Lords can recruit dead civs and tackys through methods which I will think of later at some point. Lords win when all civs are recruited or dead and when all tactical forces are dead.

SERVANTS:
Servant of Azha (BTSC with Azha): Curses target player odd nights. The cursed player will be required to vote in the poll at Azha's choosing.
Servant of Creon (BTSC with Creon): Paralyzes on non-killing nights. A paralyzed player will not be able to vote until the next night.

Servants may not have a role the entire game. A servant might only appear once a dead civ has been recruited.

TACTICAL FORCES:
Magnus: Kills even nights.

I WOULD WRITE MORE BUT I'M REALLY TIRED AND JUST TRYING TO GET A GENERAL FEEL OF HOW PEOPLE HERE WOULD LIKE THIS. THERE WILL PROBABLY BE ANOTHER LORD OR TWO BUT THINK OF THIS AS A ROUGH DRAFT. THERE WILL ALSO BE SOME CIVS WITH ABILITIES BUT I NEED TO EMPHASIZE HOW TIRED I AM AND HOW TIME-CONSUMING CHANGING ALL OF THESE COLORS AND SIZES IS. TELL ME YOU LOVE IT OR THAT YOU HATE IT OKAY THANK YOU.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: Chevona: Power, greed, and fire

Post by Mongoose »

Cool! Glad you are planning your first hosted game. I think there are a lot of possibilities here. What a fun world you've spun for us.

You've obviously put a lot of thought into this; it's apparent. So you think this idea would be conducive to a speed game?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark

It really depends on the quantity of roles I come up with. At the moment I think a speed game would suffice, but I suspect that as I put more thought into it, things will get bigger. I'll just need some time to think of its purpose.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

This looks very intriguing. I am incredibly interested in where you develop it from here.

Definitely work more on it soon so you can get it in the next submission poll if you do make it a full game! Otherwise, finish it soon so it can be played as a speed game! :P

I am totally in, assuming you don't specifically want me as mod, because this just looks so cool.

Are you planning on trying this out solo or were you open to the idea of co-hosting?
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark

[Currently fitting it into a full-size game]

I've got no experience hosting, so I plan to ask around to understand what to expect and all that. With that, I believe that I can handle it alone but am open to the idea of co-hosting.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

BoatsBoatsBoats wrote:[Currently fitting it into a full-size game]

I've got no experience hosting, so I plan to ask around to understand what to expect and all that. With that, I believe that I can handle it alone but am open to the idea of co-hosting.
Makes sense. Any questions, just ask! :)

Return to “The Basement”