No votes

Total votes: 3
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 481

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 3]

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marluxion wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:49 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:36 am Maybe be it’s Vul, but it’s always one of them.
ABSOLUTELY NOT
regardless of vulgard's alignment i am town here

stop trying to force a dichotomy for no reason
It’s not for no reason. I explained everything. It fits everything about how Amy was free this night.

If it’s not you, it should be Vul. If neither LOL and also Dya TMI-ing in my face right now.

But if you’re town, look at it logically.
I do not say this for no reason, literally the opposite: for reason.
Marluxion
The Mark
Posts in topic: 332
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Marl

Post by Marluxion »

No matter what happened last night the wolves have almost no excuse to not rb amy unless the RB is an inactive and they couldn't proxy. So if vulgard is actually town there's no action set that makes their actions make sense
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 250
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

I would like to highlight that at no point did Marl try to rolefish in our chat. He reactiontested me by fakeclaiming JK and then rescinded. I had every right not to claim there if I was actually the JK, he left me the perfect out. I initially just hardclaimed VT in response to his claim because we were kinda reactiontesting each other at first lmao.
ImageImageImage
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:54 am
Marluxion wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:49 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:36 am Maybe be it’s Vul, but it’s always one of them.
ABSOLUTELY NOT
regardless of vulgard's alignment i am town here

stop trying to force a dichotomy for no reason
It’s not for no reason. I explained everything. It fits everything about how Amy was free this night.

If it’s not you, it should be Vul. If neither LOL and also Dya TMI-ing in my face right now.

But if you’re town, look at it logically.
I do not say this for no reason, literally the opposite: for reason.
Not at all
No matter the night actions last night the lack of a roleblock on amy doesn't make any sense
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

say i'm a wolf and i know vulgard is the jailkeeper
there's no reason not to kill vulgard while also roleblocking amy

either the kill goes through on vulgard or it doesn't but no matter what amy doesn't get results
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Vulgard wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:54 am I agree that this seems like a false dichotomy. I understand going by Occam's Razor that this must make Marl a wolf, but socially I really don't think he's a wolf. He's had the towniest reactions in the thread to Sunbae's claim on me fmpov.

I don't think wolves thinking I'm PR is too unreasonable, especially since I've been actively trying not to spew myself VT.
I admit that I didn’t think of one thing:
I didn’t think about mafia not wanting to kill Amy because they may have expected her to get jailkept.
So I was thinking: Why would scum go for Vulgard instead of Amy unless they were sure Vulgard was JK.

That’s a mistake though, cause they weren’t just free to go for Amy anyway. So you may have just been their best guess. In which case, the Marl thing could be an unhappy coincidence.
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:58 am
Vulgard wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:54 am I agree that this seems like a false dichotomy. I understand going by Occam's Razor that this must make Marl a wolf, but socially I really don't think he's a wolf. He's had the towniest reactions in the thread to Sunbae's claim on me fmpov.

I don't think wolves thinking I'm PR is too unreasonable, especially since I've been actively trying not to spew myself VT.
I didn’t think about mafia not wanting to kill Amy because they may have expected her to get jailkept.
So I was thinking: Why would scum go for Vulgard instead of Amy unless they were sure Vulgard was JK.

That’s a mistake though, cause they weren’t just free to go for Amy anyway. So you may have just been their best guess. In which case, the Marl thing could be an unhappy coincidence.
I honestly can't find a better explanation than this. I really think Marl is just town. His reaction to Sunbae's claim would have to be some extreme theatrics if he were a wolf who knew what happened, and I simply don't think he's capable of that level of pretending.
ImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marluxion wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:52 am I'm actually rescinding townread on dizzy
Dizzy wolf makes the hally kill make a lot more sense after some of hally's posts at eod d1 and them trying to force a dichotomy between me and vulgard when there isn't one is wolfy as hell
Calm down and see it from my perspective though. I don’t know your play and you clearly don’t know mine.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 642

Post by outed wolf »

If they don't kill Amy, like half the game would be a better potential kill than vulgard lol
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Vulgard wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:00 pm

I honestly can't find a better explanation than this. I really think Marl is just town. His reaction to Sunbae's claim would have to be some extreme theatrics if he were a wolf who knew what happened, and I simply don't think he's capable of that level of pretending.
When you said to Marl “Do you see what I see?” or whatever you said - What was you referring to?
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

outed wolf wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:00 pm If they don't kill Amy, like half the game would be a better potential kill than vulgard lol
But that's exactly why I'm saying it's a PR hunt. I really didn't expect to get attacked otherwise. I even said it at the end of my chat with Marl.
ImageImageImage
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Exactly
If vulgard is town i'm telling you that i am also town
there is no point in forcing a dichotomy for no reason
with vulgards posting today i'm basically ready to lose to him if he's a wolf
I expected him to lolcat and gloat about being townread 10 times out of 10 if he were a wolf caught by sunbae
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

outed wolf wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:00 pm If they don't kill Amy, like half the game would be a better potential kill than vulgard lol
Would they?
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

I mean I just can't imagine shooting vulgard here as a wolf unless I was super super super confident he was jk

And marl has the reason to be confident
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

absolutely not
pretty much every player who had played with vulgard before had him a hard town before today
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:01 pm

When you said to Marl “Do you see what I see?” or whatever you said - What was you referring to?
I've talked about this already, but it was in a large post, so I'll restate it in briefer terms. I was referring to Zack's post and vote on Sunbae, which I had interpreted as Zack having a jailkeeper red on Sunbae. Since both me and Marl both had Sunbae in our PoEs at the end of the night, I thought we were right on the money and was excited about the hit. The post was a veiled question whether he could see it too and was just as excited as me. It got misinterpreted to hell and back but that was the intent.
ImageImageImage
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

Nobody was listening to vulgard lol
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marluxion wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:01 pm Exactly
If vulgard is town i'm telling you that i am also town
there is no point in forcing a dichotomy for no reason
with vulgards posting today i'm basically ready to lose to him if he's a wolf
I expected him to lolcat and gloat about being townread 10 times out of 10 if he were a wolf caught by sunbae
It’s not no reason. Though I admitted already I didn’t think about how scum was not free to just kill Amy. If they were free to just do that, then it would be a more solid dichotomy.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

outed wolf wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:03 pm Nobody was listening to vulgard lol
But he was not getting chopped.
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Vulgard wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:03 pm

I've talked about this already, but it was in a large post, so I'll restate it in briefer terms. I was referring to Zack's post and vote on Sunbae, which I had interpreted as Zack having a jailkeeper red on Sunbae. Since both me and Marl both had Sunbae in our PoEs at the end of the night, I thought we were right on the money and was excited about the hit. The post was a veiled question whether he could see it too and was just as excited as me. It got misinterpreted to hell and back but that was the intent.
wait why would i be excited that one poe'd player is voting another poe'd player
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

I'm tired as hell and gonna save some posts

I don't buy any of the theatrics and I don't buy the wolves shooting vulgard as a random pr hunt

See y'all later
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Vulgard wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:03 pm

Ok, thanks.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Ok, I think I understand why everyone is voting everywhere now lol
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Because I thought Zack was claiming Jailkeeper red on Sunbae? If Zack's jailkeeper then he's instaclearing himself unless CC'd. I was looking forward to having one player in that group cleared and another outed. @ Marl

Why do Visor's posts just now read like he's angry I'm getting cleared?
ImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Weh

I thought we had something easy.

Weh
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Wehhhhhh
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 324
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 2]

Post by dyachei »

Spoiler: show
Chloe wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:17 pm
Arete wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:11 pm definitely did not skim to this part of Chloe's readlist and skip everything else

my focus on Vul is because he's the player I feel like I have the best grasp on this game? like, I'm in a game full of players who are mostly better than me, I think in most cases if I try to read SPF or Amy or Visor or whoever I'm just going to come out with a townread no matter what their alignment is, whereas Vul I can actually read him better than most people here, so I'm trying to mostly focus on doing that really well and commenting on other people when I happen to have thoughts.

w.r.t. Gavial I didn't try to shift reads elsewhere for a couple reasons

- I wasn't super confident in the read, I had him as probably villagery but he was playing a bit out of meta and I thought I might just be dumb and failing to see something that everyone else was seeing
- he's Seth so I didn't really care if he got misexe'd, this is a kind of sucky thing to think but it was in fact a consideration
- I was scared that if he was scum and I harddefended him people would think we were partnered
i wanna be clear that i dont think you're Wolfy As Shit
i just dont qutie understand the townreads on you atp so i'd appreciate some explainations - and i'd like to be able to find you myself as well

i think your hard focus on vul got to a point where it seemed almost obsessive and.. unnecessary, but it's slightly unfair of me to read you on this metric because i do the same thing with kat sometimes lol
i'd appreciate a lot more of your thoughts outside of vul if you dont mind. i think my boy is just straight up town so idc about your read anymore ily

i think seth was the proper d1 elim considering there was no real organization elsewhere except on KZA, but i wish i saw a bit more action alongside your words. these are fair points though so i'm lowerin in confidence on this aspect of my read.
(also the last part is villagery dont mind me)

thanks tree
the last paragraph about kza seems weird to me
Chloe wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:25 pm okay so my lizard brain has been saying 'at least 1 wolf was under fire when the gavial wagon started up' but i distinctly remember amy *not* voting there for a while, and wanting to wait to see more from seth before plopping a vote
which i.. think is a better look than not?
her initial vote didnt feel very 'lets just go for the easy af LHF' but i got the feeling she believed what she was reppin' and also trying to give him a chance to step it up, rather than stomp on him

also i dont think amy complaining about overnight wallposts is AI at all tbh
so here's a soft amy v read
Chloe wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:02 pm Hi frens!

50 extra posts is the best timeline ngl

I haven't had a ton of time to read through the game overNight because I've been feeling like shit from dose 2, but I was skimming along for a bit beforehand.

Little thought-dump:

- I liked the Sunbae interaction with spf, especially on the side of Sunbae. I actually found myself in agreement with their analysis of her. When she posted the 'how to find me as town' self-case it reads as premature and.. off? Sunbae imemdiately hopping into it and spotting inconsistencies was a big feelsgoodman. Could see the cogs turning and their backtrack didnt feel plastic

- Vulgard is almost certainly town. His thoughts have been incredibly transparent to the point where I don't quite see it as fakeable anymore - especially considering the fact that hes coming off of a huge break from FM (also I vibed with a lot of his thoughts. Poggers). Arete's read also strengthens mine. It's TMI as either town or mafia :wowee:

- Speaking of Aroot, they're weird. Like.. really weird. I cannot for the life of me figure them out, but they're nowhere outside of their wolfrange. I think their HARD focus on Vul is getting to the point where it feels like they're using it as an easy out from providing in-depth thoughts on other matters - and its something very easy for them to latch onto, and super unnecessary. Like.. Vul is pretty much consensus town you dont need to explain 50 times how you s o u l r e a d him. It's weird. Also they brought up quite a few times that Gavial is potentially town, but I didn't see a huge effort to shift votes elsewhere. I also disliked how they treated my slot (Tangrowth) after her opener - and I super vibed with nut's thought process there. I would not be surprised in the slightest if Arete is a wolf. Hope I can sort them today

- nut is villabro. I don't really feel like I need to explain this one and it would be a waste of my time but yeah shes v congrats nutto we're masons :beer:

- Hally is offputting but I want to say they're town? Earlier on when I was following the game I thought they were wolfy as fuck, but i began to turn around on them towards the end of the day. They feel incredibly low energy, but I don't really get the feeling that they care how they're percieved. I guess I should do an ISO and see how they match up to the alien shapreshifter thing but I'm not fully feeling it rn (now im remembering that they had a few 'fair enough'-esque posts and my brain is mrrring aaa)

- MARL. What the fuck is up with Marl??? I don't smell the spice. I'm going solely off of memory because I can't be assed to ISO the guy right now but I remember not seeing.. anything memorable from him. Which is nagl! Wheres the ego and confidence? Wheres the villa-marl FIRE? Want more. Need more. Gimme more. This can absolutely be a wolf. He's just sidelining and doing a whole lot of nothing. Why isn't he receiving more attention. Is he a wolf going UTR or are wolves just accepting that hes going to be v-read no matter what? I'm leaning the former because.. what the hell has he done to be v-read lol? He feels like a deflated balloon

- Idfk whats up with Dizzy lol. I wanna call them V just for their odd self-sacrifice, as well as the fact that they were actively hard-shielding Gavial when he was the eeeeeeeasiest ML in the history of MLs (ftr this isnt me saying i woulda shielded gav - i kinda scumread him as i was reading earlier so i probably woulda contributed to the dunk-fest too lololol)

- my brain is empty when it comes to the rest of the playerlist. maybe i'll remember shit later

- wait yeah amy is cool shes a v-lean just off of tone alone

- i think a wolf or 2 mighta been getting some flak during the time when the gavial wagon started up, but idr who started it or why so this is baseless - just vibes

- dont think dya/alison are w/w but its for absoltutely stuuupid reasons. i was following along in the Reflections from the Mountaintop mountainous game (i think thats the game?) and dya spent their time in thread hard-defending their partner, and their treatment of alison this game feels the opposite. this is dumb! i know! but brain is niarbing!!! (no thoughts on dya/alison outside of this, that i can remember)

- ok now im done. i swear i'll figure out how to format shit eventually
largeish reads list. I'm gonna focus on marl for a bit
Chloe wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:31 pm oh i never voted

[VOTE: Marluxion] aubergine
p sure this is how i do this

sunbae your response is acknowledged and i'll read your iso in just a bit, thank you!
votes him here
Chloe wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:17 pm i guess im somewhere like

Town!
chleb
nut
vul

Probably just town tbh!
c4
sunbae

townleans but i feel weird about putting them higher for whatever reason so they get their own tier until i read the entirety of the game and sort them properly. congrats!
amy
spf

idk!
arete - kinda wanna put up one tier for ??? reasons
visor
zack
dizzy
dya

marl!
marl
Chloe wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:22 pm
outed wolf wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:19 pm talk to me about marl, chloe

what am i supposed to see there
hes done nothing
and i have zero clue why hes being townread by some people and why hally had him so damn high (which yeah i'll check dw)

but theres zero fire
theres zero spice
he feels like a deflated balloon who is saying things he thinks he would be saying as a villager, but i just dont feel any oomph

and yeah, hes a topic of conversation but i cant help but feel like he wouldnt be one if i didnt bring him up at SoD? hes just skating by
why arent wolves bringing more attention to him i dont understand
more reasoning
Chloe wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:40 pm
Alison wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:39 pm
Chloe wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:17 pm i guess im somewhere like

Town!
chleb
nut
vul

Probably just town tbh!
c4
sunbae

townleans but i feel weird about putting them higher for whatever reason so they get their own tier until i read the entirety of the game and sort them properly. congrats!
amy
spf

idk!
arete - kinda wanna put up one tier for ??? reasons
visor
zack
dizzy
dya

marl!
marl
Where am I
oh godamnit i knew i forgot someone
sorry
you're in the extremely long tier with amy and spf simply off of your posts toDay
she basically hedges a lot on alison, which is a red flag for me.
Chloe wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:00 pm
Arete wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:55 pm re: your reply, I think P#957 and P#971 are clear enough that I would have expected them to influence your read even if they aren't 'arete is literally always guaranteed to be the town alignment no matter what'
by P#971 do you mean The Post Chloe Saw Was Long And Thus Never Read It? :wowee:

i didnt realize he'd expressed a read at that level of confidence - which does indeed make me feel like a bit of an idiot
thanks

i admittedly have you at a fat Null rn - with a side of 'arete's post dont make me want to puke which is really cool maybe theyre a villager' and 'tone good!'
reads arete town based on vulgard's read. it just feels like her reads are really malleable
Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:00 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:33 am but i am interested in hearing a general overall of your reads, if you'd be so kind?
yeah sure
keep in mind this is almost all based on today's events, d1 events that have been discussed by people today, and things that i skimmed at a surface level on d1

i can do another one of these when im all caught up and see what changes

nut - towntowntown. i've gotten to the point of the game where i've started to read nut's posts as if they are coming from a literal IC - the exact same feeling i had in CoV. for whatever reason when i start to explain my townread on her my brain goes 'chloe thats a waste of time you dont even know how to put it into words' but basically i think shes just pure as all hell, and increeeedibly transparent. i can see every hop from place to place and i can feel all the paranoia and concern and excitement in her head from every post she makes. some of her thoughts are super intricate and also unnecessary for a wolf to fake in the first place. like.. the dream shit, and her visceral reaction to your vote. also her progression on me is about what i expected from her. ive never seen her play as a wolf so all my knowledge on her scumgame is from secondary sources - but i dont think this is it

vul - towwwwwwwn. hes so townie. hes thought vomiting all over the place - and i've vibed with a good bit of his stuff. this doesnt feel like what i remember of his scumgame. He feels incredibly comfortable - hes not overwhelmed or intimidated, and hes just straight up chillin'. hes had quite a few pendulum reads but thats normal. tone is great, content is great, depth of thought is great. its all great. also arete says hes town so thats cool too

sunbae - i've vibed with their posts today. i admittedly empathize with his posts about how he feels like he isnt playing a huge part in this game and how hes the 'loser friend' and i cant help but give townreads to those as much as i try not to. i think their interaction with you yesterday felt pure like they were genuinely trying to figure you out, and the backtrack felt natural

c4 - the whole 'im being ignored' attitude from him i find to be very villagery. he doesnt sound like a wolf saying 'guys i had this read before all of you, give me credit!' but moreso like a villager who is like 'bitch thats MY read why tf is nobody reading my posts!' hes also acting nothing like CoV, and if thats anything to go off of in terms of his normal wolfgame, i'd say hes straight up just a villager. he feels much more like he has his head in the game

amy - i've really liked her on a tonal level. it kinda just feels like she doesnt give a damn how shes percieved which i tend to find villagery. (shes in my priority list of people to figure out ftr)

spf - hello i am a see-saw. a fence-sitter. the definition of hedge. im unsure of your alignment but i cant tell how much of that is due to the fact that i got absolutely snowed by you in CoV and want to prevent that from happening again. i really disliked how you said im 'stilted' earler but after our chat just now im find brushing that off as a misunderstanding. i didnt like how you brought up your 'how to find me as town' guide at such an early hour, and it just felt super icky to me i dont know why! idk! i think your content today other than the early take on me is all rather solid (i also have a really stupid read that you'd be hardbussing a partner by now and i dont really get that vibe lol). c4 claims to be able to soulread you or something, and i townread c4 so that makes me feel inclined to bump you up a bit

arete - mmmmmmrrrrrrrrr. probably just a villager? if you dont mind i'd actually like to hold off on my detailed thoughts on them rn because i wanna let them marinate for a bit - and i also want to talk to vulgard

marl - lol. i still think the guy is >rand w just from the giant nothingburger that is his iso, and his recent reactions to me pushing him are not at ALL what i'd expect from him as a villager? im trying to see a world where he is one though and not mindlessly tunnel him, and i can see an argument for his behavior being because of the playerlist, but god its just so offputting. it feels like an alien took control of his body. i want more from him and i think i can figure him out. probably. hopefully.

everyone else i have like.. nooooooo thoughts on pretty much
nothing that stands out at least
more on marl w. also backs off the arete read she seemed to like. more hedging on non consensus reads, too
Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:07 am
Marluxion wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:05 am
Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:02 am
Marluxion wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:54 am
bronana wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:40 pm
Chloe wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:27 pm why is literally nobody engaging with me on my marl read

this is legit one of the things i said was weird about his slot
and its still happening!!!

am i crazy?

ive gotta go for a bit but like
whatze heck
welcome to the sunbae/outed wolf/bronana "why the heck do people think marl is so town" club, we have jackets
can i join
oo oo spicy

marl do you have any thoughts about the people who are townreading you? like
who is genuine about it and who isnt?
i dont actually remember who all called me town
i think spf and vulgard both did
but i think both are town
it's possible people are tming me town but i can't say that with confidence without backreading

i dont think i've earned to be townread yet because i'm not squarely in v meta but i'm also proving with this game that meta reading like that is bad and my play is based on my surroundings and my mood
i'm not just a cookbook that follows a recipe to the T
why tf do i find it lightly townie that you dont even know who called you town

hello brain?
similarly hedgy
Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:15 am mmmmmmmmm
weh

do you ever get that random gut feeling that you're being a dumbass and wolfsiding
for no reason other than ~vibes

wolves arent even sweating at KZA's death
theres a net loss of 0 wolves with the recruitment of Chloe "chleb" B
this is a weird post and also kind of LAMIST
Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:26 am after about 5 seconds of thinking about whether or not im wolfsiding i've become aware that marl may be trying to pocket me by being so happy and kind and insistent that im a villager
being v-read is my drug
he knows that ):<

i still scumread you sorry buddy
more marl wolf read
Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:33 am i dont know if unvote tags exist so i will be on marl until i find a more suitable wagon wowee

that derp was 9 times out of 10 just real, and his followup is lolmarl
clears marl for a derp
Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:40 am
Marluxion wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:35 am there is a part of me deep in my soul that would actually rather get ml'd than get derpcleared
it's the ultimate disrespect
if it helps i had the earlier read that you not knowing who townreads you is villagery
which i still stand by

do i feel like im being too kind and giving townpoints too easily for what could be a fake derpclear? yes
but yeah uh
lol
felt real

still have half of my brain nagging at me and saying you're a wolf but i dont wanna be That Person who tunnels relentlessy so i'll give you space for a bit

also ty arete
[VOTE: Unvote] aubergine
for now
more elaboration on it. I kind of like this read but i wanna know where she lands now
Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:51 am sheeping my mason
nyoom

[VOTE: Amy] aubergine
amy has been in her sort of townreads for a while, but consensus was amy at this point
Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:52 am think dya is a likelier hit than amy just for the fact that i've liked amy's tone
but i also feel like they have high partner equity
i hate this post. if she thought i was wolfier she should have been voting me. i think she was just being opportunistic
Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:12 pm
bronana wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:05 pm you still on the marl wolf train?
lmao uh

i'm currently on the 'marl probably derpcleared himself' train - though i acknowledge that outside of that i still don't feel entirely comfortable with him. he feels super agreeable and upbeat, and hes missing the aggressive spark that i'm used to seeing. he's posted a lot but i dont really get anything out of it - it just feels like a skeletal iso

i'm pretty see-saw on his alignment because there are a few things i liked from him, but they're all very level-0. like the fact that he doesnt know who is townreading him feels pure and mildly villagery
and the fact that hes legitimately reading me off of a single post and hes locked into a world where im a villager because of it. it's like a backwards tunnel, and i can see that coming from his weirdass brain as a villager

atp i just wanna give him space to do his thing
GTH hes just a villager, but hes still on my radar rn
hedging on marl now
Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:37 pm random conglomeration of thoughts as i read through Day 1:

- nut's early response to pressure isn't good at first glance, as it feels like shes deflecting suspicion onto dya like 'look at THOSE wolfy posts!!' and i really vibed with spf's thoughts on the matter. However, upon continuing to read i genuinely think im misunderstanding what she was getting at there, since i had the same thoughts as spf but nut is insistent that the pov is incorrect and her words are being misrepped. Her immediate aggression and F I R E comes with a side of confidence and 'fuck off' that i find to be villagery. She's not rolling over and dying or trying to play to the masses and brush things off as a simple misunderstanding, but instead shes bringing the fight straight to spf's doorstep and also calling out hally for TMI'ing her town in an incredibly passive aggressive manner. i dont have extensive meta on nut like most people here but this feels genuine and i think its a good look tbh (well, alignment-wise lol)

- c4's opener where he immediately pushes spf feels aggressive and bold in a way that stands out in stark contrast to his CoV wolfgame. I really like the fire. He feels tonally comfortable as well. Villagery tbh

- low level read of this post makes me feel like KZA kinda spewed spf town - especially considering the fact that right before that they plopped the easiest and fastest townreads onto nut and hally too. half a townpoint to gayvenclaw

- good post from Vulgard that I vibed with quite a lot in my early skim of the game. Love the stream of consciousness from him throughout d1. Disliked how quickly he gave Marl a townread for a super basic "mindmeld" tho. Progression on Arete feels natural and he documents his read pretty well as he goes along - can see how he gets from place to place. Arete has been repping a SUPER strong read on him like.. basically from the very start, and he could easily have just volton'd and accepted the easy townread without question as a wolf, but instead i actually get the feeling hes trying to sort arete out. Tbh I also feel like vul would be suuuuper nervous as a wolf in this playerlist and on this site - and he doesnt feel uncomfortable at all here. Also his inquisitiveness when he pokes into potential random-ass tells like the fact he thought he might be onto something with the idea that spf might not claim wolf as a wolf (?) i attribute to vullager (and the way he goes about this doesnt feel like 'give me credit for having this wacky idea' like i might expect if he was imitating his v-game). i'm in agreement that what sunbae mentioned in this post is villagery

- Marl's posts just dont feel like they're written by Marl but I don't know how AI that is. If my knowledge of his meta is anything to go by I'd definitely say that his lack of aggression and ego is wolfy as hell, but sure, yeah, new site, strong playerlist, different playstyle. idk. its just weirding me out that it feels like i'm more comfortable than marl - which never happens. this post is so different from how he usually treats v!Hally that it pings me as possibly TMI, but with knowledge that hally was a PR (and indeed playing differently than what i'm used to) its probably fine. on a sidenote i almost feel guilty townreading marl for a derpclear lmfao, even though its.. extremely likely just true. i dont think he would fake that. its cheap. its not him. its lame that we're stopping so low to clear him off of a fuckin derp but yeah it be what it be. the part of my brain that townreads marl currently heavily outweighs the part of my brain that thinks hes a wolf but i dont think i'll ever get over how goddamn weird his posts feel this game lol

- Arete's posts are... fine. If I ignore the disgusting feeling i get every time i read their posts about their S O U L R E A D and how obsessed they are with it i think they're okay. Just okay. Idk maybe I'm crazy. Vul says Arete is megavillagery. Other people say Arete is megavillagery. I just think Arete is Arete. I'm rather whelmed. I've noticed that every time they leave the thread my mind goes "aaaaaaaa but arete isnt insanely villagery???" but whenever they're in the thread with me im like "ok cool we're vibin and arete feels decently townie. nvm on my earlier suspicion." whatever. idk. its probably a me problem

- sunbae feels like hes off in his own world, and i really like all his stream of consciousnss posts. kinda like how i feel about vul it feels like hes just vomiting every idea that comes to his head no matter how fleshed out they are. doesnt feel filtered

- the way c4 and zack butt heads around here doesnt feel very w/w to my gut

- my brain is beginning to die in the middle of page 9 jesus christ

ok i legit cannot keep reading d1 in depth right now. im getting to the point where its becoming a chore and i dread having to click the next page. i wish i was here from the beginning lol, this is exhausting and i have no emotional connection to literally anything that happened d1 - im just trying to immagine what things felt like in the moment
which is sapping all my energy
so
ye im back for a bit if anyone wants to chat
i'll catch up on what i missed i guess
weh
Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:52 pm
Amy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:52 pm chloe what's your actual read on me
legit nothing
i am a sponge of the thread consensus and my townreads as i have zero clue what the fuck is happening
even admits to sponging/hedging
Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:54 pm i guess im at like

nut / vul / marl
sunbae / spf / arete / c4

for strong townreads and weaker townreads
no specific order

everyone else is a big fat 'lol idfk'

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmrrrrrrrr
so she's been hedging on marl all day but still has him as a strong townread
Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:08 am okay well now my world has been rocked a bit

[VOTE: unvote] aubergine

not cc'ing
Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:16 pm
nutella wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:12 pm honestly dya has such conviction in alison flipping red that they're either just v or it's the stupid fucking bus thing and i dont think it's the stupid fucking bus thing
yeah
dya never taking their foot off the gas and the sheer insistence feels like a villagery tunnel

i heavily heavily doubt this is a bus here - it'd have started early d1 and continued even after they lost a buddy - which is entirely unnecessary

and the fact that dya is *still* townreading my slot even though im incredibly manic right now and even voting them is making me do brain somersaults

i might just give in and and drop my ego

idk what the fuck alison is doing but dya is doing at least 100x more
Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:04 pm I might not be here for EoD. In the instance I'm CFD'd to for whatever reason (which is whatever. i get it) my legacy is:

town:
amy
nut (99.9% - just about willing to die on this hill)
vul
marl (not just for the derp. i think a v!marl mindset has really started to shine lately)
spf

weaker town:
arete
sunbae
dya

i have no strong reads below this point
iso me for explanations or smthn

bye
sorry i've been pretty manic lately, i know its hard to work with
my head is a jumbled mess

will bring my A game tomorrow
now marl is villa even though there's no post in between talking about how his reads/posts are getting better. i know you guys dont like progression cases but it's something that stood out to me
lean light w on chloe because she's so very hedgy
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

[VOTE: chloe] aubergine
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

@c4e5g3d5 do you have like
any thoughts at all
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:07 pm Weh

I thought we had something easy.

Weh
no
i think both vulgard and i are town which is why i'm panicking a little bit
more people need to come in and actually talk who have hardly spoken today
chloe and c4 mostly
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I have a distinct feeling the only reason Dya is tackling Chloe right now is that it's the only viable wagon excluding me.

Actually. What do you think my alignment is? Or... what do you think about this situation in general?
ImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Vulgard wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:29 pm I have a distinct feeling the only reason Dya is tackling Chloe right now is that it's the only viable wagon excluding me.

Actually. What do you think my alignment is? Or... what do you think about this situation in general?
wrong, it's because i wanted to solidify my read there and the only thing I really liked from tangy was that wall. When i inspected things closer, I felt i couldn't hold on to that read

I think you're village

Im trying to focus on people that were kind of wishy washy on alison, particularly since I'm still doing other things this weekend
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Internet spotty.

I’m leaning Dya now, mulling it over.
Arete
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs/themself

Post by Arete »

Dya, I'm a little unclear on your thought process in getting from 'Vul is redchecked, die' to thinking he's a villager. Can you walk me through how you got there on him?
sunbae
The Mark
Posts in topic: 278

Post by sunbae »

The number of people that went from "vulgard lock wolf" to "omg vulgard so towny nvm" once a single, extremely unlikely scenario was presented that allowed it to be so (Outed Wolf being specifically wolf roleblocker who targeted amy n1) upsets me. I also think there's a lot of nonsense floating around about "blocking the jk so they could kill the jk" because the jk can't target themselves silly geese.

1. Your theories that Marl is a wolf REQUIRES and answer to "why was amy not roleblocked" and there hasn't been one. It's a 2 shot tracker so holding the roleblock makes no sense, especially in this world where you believe that the Marl is a wolf tat learned that Vulgard is a jailkeeper. The wolves then just kill Vulgard and block Amy and are done with PRs. This did not occur therefore this scenario is not what happened.

2. I disagree vehemently that Vulgard has posted towny overnight. Vulgard has gone hard in the paint to find any possible solution that people will buy, has been focused mostly on that instead of "who are the wolves", and the few "who are the wolves" posts have been opportunistic and different than their previous posting. I quoted a wall of text defending Dya and now - when nothing has changed because Vulgard already thought Alison was town - the shift has gone there?

Take it from someone that's really, really good at talking himself out of situations (see: being a peeked wolf in cult mash and winning alive at end game), vulgard is talking himself out of the situation.

Answers vulgard friends, sorry. Alternative is that Outed Wolf is specifically roleblocker who targeted amy n1, but the fact that vulgard is going off on other stuff instead - read, easier chops - means that it's probs not the case.

Hold the line. I'll be back later.
sunbae
The Mark

Post by sunbae »

A villager will never, ever "bait marl into nightkilling me" because they think marl is a wolf in an overnight chat after spending apparently hours solving with marl and then coming into the thread the next day buddying marl and softing PR again.

Please also note the difference in posting style, intensity, and panic in vulgards postings today vs d1/d2 (which were super calm, chill, and meticulous).

The answer is the vulgard is wolf roleblocker who was setting up a potential claim for down the line to villager marl (both to increase thread influence by pocketing marl and to potentially eventually counter a kill a jk), sent in a kill on X and a rb on amy, got blocked, whoopsies.

The idea that the wolves thought they knew both power roles, knew that the jk was NOT blocking amy (which is the case if wolf marl thinks jailkeeper vulgard is blocking c4), and didn't roleblock amy is just preposterous. Asinine.

Your options are as follows:

1. Vulgard is a wolf who was rather clear, carried the kill as the safest option, got got
2. Outed Wolf is wolf roleblocker who targeted Amy n1, couldn't n2, decided to doc dodge onto vulgard, got a save. We don't even HAVE to have marl wolf for this scenario though its pretty likely.

Thats it.

Pick one and explain why.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

im fine killing vulgard

i think if we're assuming optimal play by the wolves then vulgard is a wolf plain and simple.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

[VOTE: Vulgard] aubergine

in case i for some reason dont show back up
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

[VOTE: outed wolf] aubergine
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

sunbae wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:21 pm A villager will never, ever "bait marl into nightkilling me" because they think marl is a wolf in an overnight chat after spending apparently hours solving with marl and then coming into the thread the next day buddying marl and softing PR again.

Please also note the difference in posting style, intensity, and panic in vulgards postings today vs d1/d2 (which were super calm, chill, and meticulous).

The answer is the vulgard is wolf roleblocker who was setting up a potential claim for down the line to villager marl (both to increase thread influence by pocketing marl and to potentially eventually counter a kill a jk), sent in a kill on X and a rb on amy, got blocked, whoopsies.

The idea that the wolves thought they knew both power roles, knew that the jk was NOT blocking amy (which is the case if wolf marl thinks jailkeeper vulgard is blocking c4), and didn't roleblock amy is just preposterous. Asinine.

1. Vulgard is a wolf who was rather clear, carried the kill as the safest option, got got
2. Outed Wolf is wolf roleblocker who targeted Amy n1, couldn't n2, decided to doc dodge onto vulgard, got a save. We don't even HAVE to have marl wolf for this scenario though its pretty likely.

Thats it.

vuglards posting today just does not come from a wolf
if i'm pocketed to hell and back so be it but i'm not voting him today
sunbae
The Mark

Post by sunbae »

The followup question would be: In a world where Outed Wolf is the mafia roleblocker why would vulgard be targeted? The answers are as follows

1. Because he's a wolf with Marl and Marl told him Vulgard claimed JK
2. Because he's a wolf with Bronana and Vulgards poe was Bronana/Outedwolf/Me

If you pick the outed wolf option from the first question, pick your follow up option here please
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

it is i wolf chan
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

i think literally the only people who have called me a wolf this game are marl and vulgard

so uh

good luck fellas!
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

sunbae wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:21 pm A villager will never, ever "bait marl into nightkilling me" because they think marl is a wolf in an overnight chat after spending apparently hours solving with marl and then coming into the thread the next day buddying marl and softing PR again.

Thats it.

er isnt the 2nd one impossible, cause amy got zack went nowhere n1

so we know amy wasnt blocked n1 which means she couldve been blocked tonight
sunbae
The Mark

Post by sunbae »

No, because I jailkept you n1 so if you are wolf roleblocker you got roleblocked and jailkeeper goes first
sunbae
The Mark

Post by sunbae »

I'm going to make a flow chart solve
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

right

- The jailkeeper may not target the same player on consecutive night phases. Nor can the role blocker.

seems like still impossible though
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

sunbae wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:31 pm The followup question would be: In a world where Outed Wolf is the mafia roleblocker why would vulgard be targeted? The answers are as follows

1. Because he's a wolf with Marl and Marl told him Vulgard claimed JK
2. Because he's a wolf with Bronana and Vulgards poe was Bronana/Outedwolf/Me

If you pick the outed wolf option from the first question, pick your follow up option here please
neither
he's wolfing with dyachei and one other, possibly dizzy or spf and vulgard was just too towny to ml and they thought there was a decent chance of amy being JK'd
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

yes i am wolfing with dyachei

how did you catch us
Marluxion
The Mark