Sabiplz
tutuu
Dennis

Kate
falcon45ca

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
RondoDimBuckle

lucy/Aro

Wilgy went up a little bit because of some of their most recent posting, but I am still very wary here since I do think this is fakable for them and could be a response to suspicion rather than a natural progression into better games.

Rondo has trended down a lot because a lot of their takes are not great IMO, and could easily be wolf-motivated. They also have done multiple posts that could easily be pocket attempts.

I am a little worried about Dennis and Tutuu as the both have faded into the background a bit, I want to see more from them before EoD if possible.

Pyxxy on the surface looked good this last page, but beyond the surface it felt shallow, so idk if I want to move them away from null.

Kate and Falcon will need to eventually do things that make me feel things. I'mma ISO Kate right now I think to figure out if they're in the right spot here or not.
Tutuu postcapped so I don't think we're seeing more of her before EoD, and she said it would be 4 am for her so I doubt she'll be back for that 😬

But seriously, what am I missing on Rondo? Why is there suddenly a push on him where there wasn't before? Does he powerwolf? Cause im voting pyxxy for pushing Rondo but ignoring nook, but now that you're also saying you think Rondo could be scum, I want to hear what the case is and why it doesn't necessarily come from town.
Rondo's treatment of you was extremely wolfy IMO. Yes, Rondo can high-post and act crazy as a wolf, not saying that is necessarily wolf-indicative for him, but wolf-compatible for sure. Rondo also has some bad takes on people like Porscha, and his post to me saying "are we finally going to be town that agree?" felt pockety, and he did the same thing to someone else.

The push on Rondo IMO has come from how Rondo has treated you mostly, and I think it is justified.
OK but here's the deal, it doesn't make much sense for Rondo to vaguely cc me after I've vaguely claimed because then as a wolf he puts himself at a 1f1 that he almost always loses, because I gave an actual claim in the end. It benefits him absolutely zero to continue to push me after I clarified my claim.

I will say it's a bit weird he would think I scumslipped by claiming "the wrong setup" as he put it, because as scum i would 100% know what the setup is, and trying to mislead the town by claiming the wrong setup is asinine since the town PRs would just condemn me to death in that case. But I don't really think it's wolfy because it *is* a stupid assumption.
Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Re: Season 10 Champs Practice Game [DAY 1]

Post by Dennis »

Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:39 am
Dennis wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:42 pm
tutuu wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:35 pm Welcome to the towncore Dennis

Do you have a read on Kate or not yet?
Townlean

I'd have to see more because I don't make reads on 10 posts, but she isn't scared to say things whereas at the start of other games, after the first page or so she backs off. Here I think she genuinely just can't keep up like me lol
Where exactly is Kate not scared to say things here? I'd like specific posts where you see this please.
Well it looked better when less people had talked in my defense

I dunno, it was her little comments about random things. Totally possible for a wolf to do and I know she's really good so like she's not cleared at all

I very much doubt she's coming back, she was pretty angry about the whole thing that happened earlier. I didn't want to open thread because of it too hence my disappearance which you questioned in the previous post
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

I remember watching thread last night and thinking Windward looked towny
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

If someone could explain pyxxy voting in a nutshell while I go search for it that'd be great
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

A lot of it was "sheeping porscha" so niftylicious

If pyxxy flips and it's town there's probably one in the sheep who I don't care enough to remember
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

I also had the idea that if Aro flips town, there could be a wolf in the people who voted lucy at the start of the game when she asked everyone to vote
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Dennis wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:34 am A lot of it was "sheeping porscha" so niftylicious

If pyxxy flips and it's town there's probably one in the sheep who I don't care enough to remember
I say this cuz it's consensus (I think) that porscha is town so yuh. Easy hiding maneuver
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

People I probably won't vote today

Wilgy
Falcon
Lilypetal
Neon
Porscha
Rondo
Sabi
Seanzie
Tutuu
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 102

Post by DrWilgy »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:23 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:17 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:01 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:14 am Further, I didn't observe any real reactions to anyone sussing Seanzie. This further makes me feel the tonal tr is correct, but if anyone has data contrary to this, please let me know.
Hes posting and thats enough for d1
This ain't it chief.
I mean for him on d1

Yeah it is lol
I have in fact seen town seanzie get bizzlebooped day 1 as town while they were active. See Scooby Doobers.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 263
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

WindwardAway wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:22 am
Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:10 am
WindwardAway wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:58 am
Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:36 am WindwardAway

Porscha

Lilypetal

Neon
DrWilgy

pyxxy
Sabiplz
tutuu
Dennis

Kate
falcon45ca

RondoDimBuckle

lucy/Aro

Wilgy went up a little bit because of some of their most recent posting, but I am still very wary here since I do think this is fakable for them and could be a response to suspicion rather than a natural progression into better games.

Rondo has trended down a lot because a lot of their takes are not great IMO, and could easily be wolf-motivated. They also have done multiple posts that could easily be pocket attempts.

I am a little worried about Dennis and Tutuu as the both have faded into the background a bit, I want to see more from them before EoD if possible.

Pyxxy on the surface looked good this last page, but beyond the surface it felt shallow, so idk if I want to move them away from null.

Kate and Falcon will need to eventually do things that make me feel things. I'mma ISO Kate right now I think to figure out if they're in the right spot here or not.
Tutuu postcapped so I don't think we're seeing more of her before EoD, and she said it would be 4 am for her so I doubt she'll be back for that 😬

But seriously, what am I missing on Rondo? Why is there suddenly a push on him where there wasn't before? Does he powerwolf? Cause im voting pyxxy for pushing Rondo but ignoring nook, but now that you're also saying you think Rondo could be scum, I want to hear what the case is and why it doesn't necessarily come from town.
Rondo's treatment of you was extremely wolfy IMO. Yes, Rondo can high-post and act crazy as a wolf, not saying that is necessarily wolf-indicative for him, but wolf-compatible for sure. Rondo also has some bad takes on people like Porscha, and his post to me saying "are we finally going to be town that agree?" felt pockety, and he did the same thing to someone else.

The push on Rondo IMO has come from how Rondo has treated you mostly, and I think it is justified.
OK but here's the deal, it doesn't make much sense for Rondo to vaguely cc me after I've vaguely claimed because then as a wolf he puts himself at a 1f1 that he almost always loses, because I gave an actual claim in the end. It benefits him absolutely zero to continue to push me after I clarified my claim.

I will say it's a bit weird he would think I scumslipped by claiming "the wrong setup" as he put it, because as scum i would 100% know what the setup is, and trying to mislead the town by claiming the wrong setup is asinine since the town PRs would just condemn me to death in that case. But I don't really think it's wolfy because it *is* a stupid assumption.
Normally I'd agree with your first post if it was for someone I didn't know, but knowing Rondo, I don't think it necessarily applies. This is a meta read. Rondo does crazy things around claims/PRs, and this IMO feels like he is trying to use that meta to do anti-town things.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Dennis wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:24 am

Townlean

I'd have to see more because I don't make reads on 10 posts, but she isn't scared to say things whereas at the start of other games, after the first page or so she backs off. Here I think she genuinely just can't keep up like me lol
Where exactly is Kate not scared to say things here? I'd like specific posts where you see this please.

I dunno, it was her little comments about random things. Totally possible for a wolf to do and I know she's really good so like she's not cleared at all

I very much doubt she's coming back, she was pretty angry about the whole thing that happened earlier. I didn't want to open thread because of it too hence my disappearance which you questioned in the previous post
Can you quote some of those little comments please?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Dennis wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:42 am People I probably won't vote today

Wilgy
Falcon
Lilypetal
Neon
Porscha
Rondo
Sabi
Seanzie
Tutuu
Explain me, Falcon and Wilgy please.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:46 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:14 am Further, I didn't observe any real reactions to anyone sussing Seanzie. This further makes me feel the tonal tr is correct, but if anyone has data contrary to this, please let me know.
This ain't it chief.
I mean for him on d1

Yeah it is lol
I have in fact seen town seanzie get bizzlebooped day 1 as town while they were active. See Scooby Doobers.
I wasn't very active in Scooby Doobers, which is why I got bizzlebooped. I was at a conference with no cell service and just didn't have time to keep up with both that game and Hedgehog.

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Going to need to break this up into smaller parts in order to parse this one, BUT I'll preface this with what I think of Rondo's meta. He is a player that is HEAVILY invested into self pattern recognition and breaking of said patterns. In order to do this he'll purposefully obfuscate and change meta based patterns on wim. I feel that this is something that I can relate to as I used to have quite the show of doing that as well.

In spite of this however, there are slight things I've noticed re Rondo and that is he's highly analytical, proactive, and, I'm not sure if this is the proper way to describe it, but can succumb to Mac's described 'town entitlement.'
pyxxy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:21 am @DrWilgy the TLDR of this post is:
The Rondo/WWA exchange isn't scum Rondo doing a really good job PR hunting, right? I'm just tinfoiling, right?
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:14 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:14 pm my pet scum reads are sabi / tutuu / nanook / neon
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:35 pm pyxxy, Sabiplz, tutuu, Dennis - two of my scum reads on lucy

@pyxxy @Sabiplz @tutuu @Dennis find another wagon
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:25 pm I have decided nook is now openwolfing
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:43 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:39 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:34 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:30 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:25 pm I have decided nook is now openwolfing
I appreciate the effort but I don't think I'm at risk of being nked
cute, pretty sure ive caught you
iirc someone said earlier in the thread that if nook has a pulse he's town
I have no idea if that's true since I haven't really played with him before (except in something that was more like a misc game than a mafia game and I don't even remember if he posted before randomly dying in an event)
but would you care to elaborate on why you think he's scum?
windward has hit scum equity for me now.
So in immediate observation, I feel that you have thrown out a lot of names as scummy and the explanation for these are somewhat non-existent.

It's fine I guess, like I wouldn't vote over this, but it's jarring when I know you can effectively explain yourself.

Makes me question is
A.) Rondo flinging shit again to see if it sticks and develops?
or
B.) Rondo keeping the PoE large enough so that they don't need to sacrifice momentum as a wolf?
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:01 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:58 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:56 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:54 pm [VOTE: Nanook] aubergine

I still have no opinion on nook but unfortunately I think Rondo is town now so I gotta move my vote
Such a weird progression.
There is no progression
I just don't feel confident enough to vote Lucy, I have no idea what tutuu is doing but aside from paranoia I don't scumread her, and I'm not interested in voting myself yet.
why not pyxxy or tuutu? Why not me? My pushes have not been explained and tutuu has said I am trying to save w!lucy?
Ah, this self awareness following my previous question makes me think it's the former. Decent enough look given this context.

Not going to directly quote the WWA dispute, BUT your stance towards them at least feels genuine. I don't think I know how wolf Rondo approaches pushing, but I don't think it looks like that.

I'll take a look at WWA's ISO tomorrow and see what I think reading the other perspective.

I think you are towny. We'll see. I think you as a player are easier to find once a pelt has been obtained as that at least remains consistent in spite of your purposeful obfuscation.
"Rondo flinging shit again to see if it sticks and develops?"
"Ah, this self awareness following my previous question makes me think it's the former."

We're on the same page about Rondo, but I do want to ask you a question.

Have you (or I guess anyone else) ever seen scum Rondo PR hunt before?

I'm about to dump a bunch of notes that might help understand why I'm even considering this as a question. Or maybe they won't, there's a lot of them. Idk.
I have no memory of playing with a wolf Rondo.
I'm not sure how to put it more succinctly than this right now because I'm tired:
pyxxy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:54 am - WWA jailkeeper what now?
- arogame instantly paying attention to PR claims? come _on_ (re: WWA)
- _WWA PR claim what now????_ what the fuck is this game
- WWA also engaging with Rondo about nook
- I don't think WWA actually thought Rondo's reads list was real, so idk if that's a valid line of questioning
- arogame town reading rondo for his activity/interviews
- Rondo doesn't believe WWA's being-a-PR claim
- (ed note: I understand what self-resolving means but I don't understand _why_ WWA is considered self-resolving here)
- WWA townreads Rondo for how Rondo progressed on WWA, except it wasn't 100% as expected
[ed note: line removed for clairty]
- Rondo explicitly says that his own progression here is NAI
- um what
- WWA straight claiming "even-night jailkeeper" and I no longer know what's going on
- (ed note: that would make the setup either Protect or 6lock)
- (ed note 2: 6lock is almost certainly pronounced block and is a reference to 6lack, a nod of respect to whoever came up with that wordplay
- nook thinks it's a slip and uh I'm inclined to agree, every town role appears twice, I obviously read the mech *pushes up glasses*
- Rondo kinda ignoring the claim and still pushing WWA for non-claim reasons
- scroll right conspiracy is our grassy knoll second shooter
- Seanzie making a lot of sense re: why would WWA claim here as wolf
[ed note: re-reading this I realized my phrasing is awkward, I think Seanzie makes a strong case that WWA is _not_ a wolf claiming here]
[ed note: 3 lines removed for clarity]
- screenshots and mobile section which imo straight clears WWA's straight claim
*reaches into my pantry for some tinfoil*

There's like three sections here. #1 I'll call Regular Rondo. I think up until this long exchange I slight town read Rondo for being Rondo and doing Rondo things. Also feel like I gotta respect his reads more after hedgehog. So I'm cool with Rondo. This Rondo is NAI but helps achieve both town Rondo's and scum Rondo's objectives, imo, so it makes sense for Rondo to be this Rondo.
Yeah, I agree with this. This is what drove my conclusion of 'T Rondo collects pelts' and I think that's what we should look for in Rondo in these next few phases.
#2 is Risible Rondo. Sorry that name is a stretch I'm just feeling alliterations rn. Rondo is having a good time, he's in his element, and he's doing his interview thing on Windward...until suddenly Windward claims (non-specific) PR.

We have to view this from both sides, town Rondo and scum Rondo. Here's why I might be completely wrong and still bad at reads so grain of salt.

Town Rondo....I think town Rondo actually believed the same thing as Nook, that WWA has slipped about the setup since Rondo had lied about the setup (wee bit of navelgazing here bud). And if there's something I believe about town Rondo, it's that when he smells blood in the water, he goes for the kill. And that's why the rest of the conversations plays out how it did, leading to WWA's full claim.

Scum Rondo....can't believe his luck. He just got someone to PR claim which is either 1) real or 2) fake, and either case advances the scum win condition given WWA hasn't been the most active during D1 and is not widely town read or anything like that (ed note: still time for WWA to townlead the rest of the day!). Not only this, scum Rondo has managed to out a PR _while playing entirely within town Rondo's range_. He gets carried away in the moment and even posts actual screenshots to confirm WWA's claim.
Regarding the town Rondo scenario. I don't think needing to understand WHY Rondo feels the way they do re WWA, slip or not, is needed, rather the question "does Rondo actually feel the way they present their belief?" should be answered. From both of our perspectives it appears Rondo has sunken teeth in on WWA. As to why it's not super clear, but does Rondo believe he's right?

I think so, but could be wrong. I'd like other players opinions on the matter.
#3 is uhhhhhhhh Ruh-Roh Rondo.

Town Rondo makes this joke and dips with a sense of accomplishment, and with having exhausted his current reads on the game
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:45 pm I have successfully distanced myself from you WWA, there is no chance they will find me now.
Scum Rondo follows up that joke with
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:45 pm oops wrong chat pls ignore
but like....has anyone scum read you all game? I'm being super nitpicky here but a joke about distancing, I don't bat an eye. A joke about scum chat....feels self-conscious. It feels like scum Rondo was reflecting on the whole conversation with WWA outing herself and is starting to realize how this makes him look. And so he can't help but make a joke about it. Maybe it was even his subconscious that wrote the post.

[ed note: nook had a hand in this too but Rondo and WWA mostly talked to each other]
Rondo can make posts like this as either alingment I think. I think Rondo as T had afew jests of a similar nature in Scooby Doo, but I could be wrong. This one seems the most tin foily.

Something I did notice though when responding to you, you seem entirely focused upon Rondo's side of the interaction without much commentary regarding WWA's side of the interaction. Why is this? I'm aware during my analysis I was strictly set upon the Rondo side of interaction as I was going through Rondo's ISO, but if I'm to believe your notes, you'd seen the interaction it's entirety. What is your stance on WWA's play? why do YOU think WWA claimed?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:07 am
This ain't it chief.
I mean for him on d1

Yeah it is lol
I wasn't very active in Scooby Doobers, which is why I got bizzlebooped. I was at a conference with no cell service and just didn't have time to keep up with both that game and Hedgehog.
You were more active than me lol
Image Image Image
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:06 am

Townlean

I'm not gonna ping Kate because she doesn't want me in this thread anymore but I really would feel like an ass if I didn't answer

But there was one where she said "I'd like to come back to this after reading further" that I remember sticking out to me as just completely pointless to say as wolf
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Dennis wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:42 am People I probably won't vote today

Wilgy
Falcon
Lilypetal
Neon
Porscha
Rondo
Sabi
Seanzie
Tutuu
Explain me, Falcon and Wilgy please.
You because honestly, I can see how seriously you're taking this game and I don't actively scumread you so I'd like to let you really practice for the game

Falcon I just never vote D1 I can't read him to save my life

Wilgy is typical town wilgy in my eyes

Sorry if this is underwhelming
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:12 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:12 am @Seanzie, going through your ISO I noticed that you have suspicion on Me, Nook in current, but you also earlier had a suspicion on Kate.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think all 3 of us haven't read the game fully. Do you find that the thread is being generally townie and that would lead to yeeting the slankers?

Is the reason to hit Aerogame the same as it was for Lucy or did that evolve?
My suspicion on Kate was from like Page 1. They haven't really trended up, but as they say, it is now a cold take.

Not having read the game does not excuse not having at least some in-depth content.

I am not ready to give a read of the entire thread - if you actually read my ISO you'd see I have more suspicion than a PoE has room for, so this is not accurate. I'm trying to sort people, and give the opinions that I think people need to see to motivate the game in a productive way. Since I am voting Aro, I am not sure why you'd think I want to particularly yeet slankers.

Did you really read my ISO? Yes, much of my suspicion from Aro has to do with Lucy, and then there is also the benefit of Lucy's slot having generated a lot of conversation, which should lead to a high-info chop. I fully believe that what Aro has done here could be wolf!Aro, even if taken in a vaccuum if I only saw Aro's posts, I'd guess town!Aro, this vaccuum take is not enough to unbalance wolf!Lucy+infochop in terms of where I believe our TK is best spent today.
Red 1.) Yes I agree, but that wasn't really the point of my inquiry.

Yellow 1.) Aye but the players I've seen you list multiple times are me, Nook, Kate, and Aro (3/4 are I'd say in a slanky territory), but how many wolves do you think you'll actually find amongst the lower posters? Do you think there's 1 in us? 2 in us? All three? If you think that it's 2 or three I'd think that'd be warranted by a threadstate of 'wow everyone is so towny' and thus I ask for clarification.

Red 2.) Yes, and an ISO review lacks the context of time and in between developments that may have occurred. Your ISO, while I think was still a good anchor to get into the game, didn't have the context I needed to fully understand what happened with Lucy. I didn't gain that until I read Porscha and the last question was quickly outdated.
Image Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 387
Preferred Pronouns: she/her, any

Post by WindwardAway »

I'm not gonna quote the post im replying to since I'm bound to make a mess of it on mobile and it's kinda relevant anyway to the general discussion-

So Rondo is very aware of his own meta and will use that to adjust his play, huh? Worth considering. I still wouldn't be willing to touch him today, based off of my very non-meta gut feeling, and I guess we'll see how long that holds. I also maintain that, if he's town, I want pyxxy looked at and I might consider Nook again because I think pyxxy's narrow focus on Rondo feels off. I don't know if Rondo truly can godread Nook but I'm not about to question that right now because I'm not all that interested.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Dennis wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:43 am

Townlean

I'm not gonna ping Kate because she doesn't want me in this thread anymore but I really would feel like an ass if I didn't answer

But there was one where she said "I'd like to come back to this after reading further" that I remember sticking out to me as just completely pointless to say as wolf
First off, it sounds like perhaps you know things about Kate that are not in thread. I would recommend trying your best to minimize that, and definitely not mention things like this ITT.

Second off, that is something that is not uncommon for wolves to say.

pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 254
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

good morning everyone, did anyone else postcap while I was asleep
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:01 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:38 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:24 pm
arogame123 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:21 pm what differentiates lazy Nook as mafia vs lazy nook as town?

I’ve seen Nook more laid back and trolly as town more often than not.
Nook is trying to find an excuse to sheep someone to remove culpability for their actions, and again, they aren't actually being "laid back and trolly", they're taking pot shots.
Yeah I never sheep as town, definitely not a hallmark of my gameplay
Until you show yourself town, I don't feel bad scumreading you. If you only do things that I know scum!Nook can hide behind, you're going to tend down on my list. Complain about it if you want, but I don't think my strategy towards you is a bad one.
I mean your strategy towards me has been "scumread nanook in every game we play no matter what" so it's a big shrugze from me
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

This ain't it chief.
I mean for him on d1

Yeah it is lol
...what? I just mean it's enough for me to not care about him.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 219
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

Hi owo
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Dennis is pretty towny this page. The flow of conscious posts come off pretty genuine and there's a depth of thought there that seems towny. Comfy keeping Dennis in my town
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

I can't really read much more than this page cuz I gotta get up and get busy but I will speed run iso aro and see how I feel abt his slot
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

I searched aro and it was just ppl talking about him I can't find his iso lol
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Responding to both of these but I see you're close to postcap so don't feel obligated to respond.
WindwardAway wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:11 am Btw what's with the "let's see if Wind becomes a town leader" crap? I've seen it from at least two of you who have been sort of hinting that you think I'm scum for not finding someone to tunnel. Like I get that in every game and I also get tired of it, especially on D1 when I have absolutely no direction I'm going in. Just let me tread water for a day without attempting to drive town off a cliff, geez. And especially as a PR I wanted to make myself just townread enough to evade the vote, but not townread enough that I get instantly NK'ed before I have a chance to act, and being a loud townie is a really good way to ensure that I die.

Anyway, the PR shit is irrelevant and I know half of you are probably waiting for me to rescind. I'm not gonna do it. If this is a protect setup, I do NOT think the doctor should be on me tonight because wolves aren't going to kill me yet. And if they do, oh well, free kill and then Rondo can eat his words. If I survive to endgame and haven't blocked a single kill, you can absolutely wagon me for it, but if we get to that point then chances are the other town PR will have flipped by then and confirm my existence.

Enough about me. Not sure how i feel about Wilgy's catchup so I'm waiting to see more. I did notice that pyxxy's case on Aro seems kind of misplaced because he said that Porscha made that post when she probably hadn't even seen the sub notice, but Porscha explicitly named Aro, not Lucy, so she was definitely aware of it. I don't think it's indicative of a wolf scrabbling at whatever they can, though, I just think it's a mistake. The rest of pyxxy's catchup I liked better than Wilgy's, but I'm not a huge fan of the Rondo paranoia because I'm not sure whether it's real.

I still don't know what Falcon is doing and I guess I'm OK with giving him another say to say something constructive but so far he hasn't, and all he's done is sheep or joke, which doesn't tell me anything at all. And on the topic of lowposters, I'm not sure what Kate is doing, either. She didn't say much and then said she lost WiM because of all the arguing in the thread and hasn't come back since, so hopefully she will come back eventually and do something so I can get a read on her.

I don't think *all* of the inactives are wolves. Probably only one, maybe two if there's a powerwolf, but I also don't really have strong scumreads at this point and I don't really feel bad about it. Part of my attempt to gauge the thread was disrupted by AtE, and the things that weren't AtE felt few and far between, so I've only gotten semi-solid reads on people before and after those points, and coincidentally none of them ended up being scumreads.

Anyway, I feel like I'm talking to myself because probably no one else is awake and I'm wasting posts by doing this, so I'll check back in later.
WindwardAway wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:24 am Idk if I need to waste a post to loudly announce moving my vote, but now I'm voting pyxxy.

[VOTE: pyxxy] aubergine

I keep looking over his Rondo paranoia post again and again, and it increasingly worries me the more I look at it. He tagged Wilgy for a second opinion, I guess that's fine, but the whole tone of the post is like, "look, isn't Rondo actually scummy???" which feels like an easy way for a wolf to justify a push on a townie by faking disbelief at his own reads. The whole catchup progression was like "wow what's going on??" and "yeah that's a slip" and then "no that's not a slip, wind is a PR" which is all kinda NAI, but the case on Rondo after that seems like it's built off that progression while ignoring Nanook almost entirely, despite being fully aware he was also involved in that discussion. Why specifically push rondo over nook? I don't like it.
luv 2 b punished for having A Read ™️, normally I get punished for having no reads 🤪 but you don't know that, we're new to each other so it's not personal

I'll try to encapsulate everything here:

1) Weren't you just complaining about all the conversation being about AtE and not content? For legal reasons this is a joke I'm just salty about how me trying to form a read always gets scumread.

2) That said, I think you got confused about my humor, I believe your claim because outing so early when you weren't really a wagon would be extremely foolish, you are lock town to me. Outing as scum would be even more foolish and cause you to go 1 for 1 with a townie at best, so you're lock town to me.

And the bit about "still time for WWA to town lead" is supposed to be Scum Rondo's perspective where he's pushing you and gets you to claim, because you're not _already_ lock town or town read by a lot of the thread, I think you were probably null for a lot of people.

I went from null on you to town lean to scum read to town lock.
(no idea -> unspecified PR claim -> nook saying you scumslipped -> full claim and screenshots).

---

3) You are even doing the right thing and WIFOMing scum about if doc should heal you or not! You. Are. Lock. Town.

4) Wilgy takes time to warm up. That's why I tried to feed him something interesting to chew on. He literally has way more experience than me and if Rondo never powerwolfs, then I get to town read Rondo too.

And if I get to townread Rondo, then I get to scumread Arogame's repeated attempts to distract from you and Rondo's conversation!!! Because then he was trying to stop two townies from finding each other!!!!!! Because as scum all he cares about is that a PR is outed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus christ.

---

"Why specifically push rondo over nook?"
Because I'm trying to give Wilgy and you and the thread something to work with!

And you know what's wild? You and everybody talking all this shit about Nook yet here we are with nobody voting him!

It really seems like he is an excuse for multiple people in this playerlist, town _and_ scum, to not actually solve the game.

In fact, my catchup post _repeatedly_ points out how Arogame is doing this exact "talk about Nook instead of solving" thing, I scumread Arogame for it + his entrance + how he tried to guilt trip Porscha.

---------------------------------------

Okay sorry this game has already been a lot. I think that's everything to respond to in your post. Time to actually read the thread and not spend 30 minutes on two posts, although I think it was worth it because I think you (WWA) will have a much better understanding of where I'm coming from.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Okay this is rly embarrassing how do I find an iso on mobile I like found an aro post but I'm on mobile so I can't click the iso button on it

Eep
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 381
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

Lilypetal wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:57 pm Okay this is rly embarrassing how do I find an iso on mobile I like found an aro post but I'm on mobile so I can't click the iso button on it

Eep
Go to heist II, click post count in thread, click his name
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

I think my gut town read on pyxxy was right that's a good post although I'm missing a lot of context

Hmmhmhmhm if it's between pyxxy and aro I think I vote aro but lemme get the vibe rq
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Sabiplz wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:01 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:57 pm Okay this is rly embarrassing how do I find an iso on mobile I like found an aro post but I'm on mobile so I can't click the iso button on it

Eep
THANK YOU
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Dennis wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:43 am

Townlean

Where did she say this?
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

arogame123 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:21 pm what differentiates lazy Nook as mafia vs lazy nook as town?

I’ve seen Nook more laid back and trolly as town more often than not.
This is giving me big w/w with nook vibes lol
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Aro's play doesn't make sense to me. Appeals to his voters, makes surface level reads, and then just like talks to and about wind and them being a pr for like 25 posts. Like genuinely there is no solving going on its just hehe is pr a pr?

And maybe that's just how the thread climate was then but that seems like a really silly thing to get caught up on especially when you should be solving and showing you're a villager so I kinda just think it's lazy post padding or an attempt at pocketing wind

Between top two wagons I vote aro every time

I won't be here at eod as stated prior and will mby check in at the airport prior to my flight but that's it. Love yall
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

[VOTE: aro ] aubergineOh yeah
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

For post game cred the team is aro/nanook/tutuu
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Porscha

Lilypetal

Neon
DrWilgy

pyxxy
Sabiplz
tutuu
Dennis

Kate
falcon45ca

RondoDimBuckle

lucy/Aro

[ed note: omitted some of this quote that wasn't 100% relevant to my point]

This. This this this this this this this.

This is what I was trying to get at in my Rondo case post.

Although idk if powerwolfing = "Rondo can high-post and act crazy as a wolf" so maybe Sean and I are seeing Rondo as scummy for different reasons but it's from the same sequence.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

If anything the thing I'm having trouble squaring is how arogame and rondo would theoretically be partnered given aro is my scum read and the wagon I am and have been pushing, and so this is an argument for townreading Rondo's actions, but the way it went down during the last bit where you were forced to full claim is just straight up scummy.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:56 am
Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:51 am
Sabiplz wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:45 am Sean your lack of read on me is concerning since I'm one of the loud voices in thread
It really shouldn't be concerning. I'll give you a cookie if you can tell me why I don't have a read on you.
Ehh, actually I'll just tell you. That way I get to keep the cookie.

I don't confidently know how to read you, so I haven't really bothered to try. Now, NORMALLY in those sorts of situations, I would just fling shit at the wall, throw a "confident" read that I don't actually believe into the thread, and make you and others do AI things about it and then let others figure you out that way, but I'm making an effort to actually play in the way I would during champs. This means that most people will not know me (or only just barely know me), and so my normal approach of "damn read accuracy, make people do AI things" will not go over well since people would view my aggression as wolfy, my "confidence" in weak reads as wolfy, or will sheep the takes I get wrong to hide behind me. Those sorts of things don't work here because people know me, but they will in Champs, so I don't plan to play like that. At least not entirely.
This is over explainy but it's plausible explanation. This matches our convo in goc wolf chat about you tunneling new every game
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Put me in the Rondo is being scummy train. I'm struggling to see how Rondo found lucy in hedgehog but is just townreading lucy this game with zero solving of her slot and trying to kill the wagon repeatedly
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

WindwardAway wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:22 am

Porscha

Lilypetal

Neon
DrWilgy

pyxxy
Sabiplz
tutuu
Dennis

Kate
falcon45ca

RondoDimBuckle

lucy/Aro

1) He said he was lying about his CC / that he CCs everyone.

2) "It benefits him absolutely zero to continue to push me after I clarified my claim."
This is correct.

And if you look at the thread...rondo immediately leaves after making joke posts about you two distancing each other. So I don't understand why you think it's not possible for Rondo to be scummy here.

3) "I will say it's a bit weird he would think I scumslipped by claiming "the wrong setup" as he put it, because as scum i would 100% know what the setup is"
This is WIFOM, Rondo already said the reads list was fake, if he's scum then the setup for his fake reads list being the real setup is WIFOM.

With your claim we now know it's a 50% chance that town Rondo guessed right or scum Rondo....was doing WIFOM. It's WIFOM and mostly not relevant to why Rondo was actually being scummy.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Pyxxy feels towny since last night.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

lmao I really decided to respond five bajillions times to WWA before scrolling down to see wilgy responding to me

gdi
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

pyxxy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:25 pm If anything the thing I'm having trouble squaring is how arogame and rondo would theoretically be partnered given aro is my scum read and the wagon I am and have been pushing, and so this is an argument for townreading Rondo's actions, but the way it went down during the last bit where you were forced to full claim is just straight up scummy.
Rondo has repeatedly tried to kill the wagon.

Rondo hasn't read lucy post and just confidently townread them even tho behavior is similar to hedgehog.

Hasn't tried to solve lucy and instead sr those pushing on lucy.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Lilypetal wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:02 pm

Eep
THANK YOU
Your profile picture is a broken image. Idk if anyone else sees it like that, but is there any way you can fix it? Profile pictures help me.

Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:43 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:02 pm

Eep
THANK YOU
Your profile picture is a broken image. Idk if anyone else sees it like that, but is there any way you can fix it? Profile pictures help me.
That's weird it shows up for me. I'll fix that asap soz
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:38 am Something I did notice though when responding to you, you seem entirely focused upon Rondo's side of the interaction without much commentary regarding WWA's side of the interaction. Why is this? I'm aware during my analysis I was strictly set upon the Rondo side of interaction as I was going through Rondo's ISO, but if I'm to believe your notes, you'd seen the interaction it's entirety. What is your stance on WWA's play? why do YOU think WWA claimed?
Dang. That's a good question.

Hmmmm, maybe it's because I had WWA as lock town after reading through the exchange a few times?

And so I was writing my Rondo case study after that and was mostly focused (tunneled, even, as I am possibly begining to see) on Rondo. Didn't even cross my mind to view it from WWA's pov.

I think this excerpt from one of my WWA replies explains my progression on WWA the best as to why I town locked her. The "you" is referring to WWA:
pyxxy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:56 pm I went from null on you to town lean to scum read to town lock.
(no idea -> unspecified PR claim -> nook saying you scumslipped -> full claim and screenshots).
Re: WWA's play, it wasn't a clear part of my ed note when quoting my notes dump, but it's this part:
pyxxy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:21 am - Seanzie making a lot of sense re: why would WWA claim here as wolf
[ed note: re-reading this I realized my phrasing is awkward, I think Seanzie makes a strong case that WWA is _not_ a wolf claiming here]
Seanzie made this point first but it was a good one. Town points for Sean. Here lemme find the actual post:
Seanzie wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:14 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:11 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:11 pm [VOTE: arogame123] aubergine
Why Aro and not me?
Because your claim is CC'able by a single role and I don't think it benefits a wolf to go 1-1 like this with a town PR.

In particular IF ANYONE is a town PR that is NOT Odd night doc or 2-shot roleblocker, you can CC WindwardAway.
WWA claiming like like 24 hours left in D1 is just....a bad scum play, and I don't see it as incredible WIFOM, so WWA is lock town to me.

This is what I got annoyed at WWA for misunderstanding but like I didn't make it super clear what I was thinking (at 1am) so it's probably my fault (grumble grumble).

And then if I have WWA as lock town, then I also believe her when she said she was trying to lie low earlier in the day, because she's PR, and that explains my null read on here. Everything fits perfectly into my world view.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

pyxxy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:21 pm

Porscha

Lilypetal

Neon
DrWilgy

pyxxy
Sabiplz
tutuu
Dennis

Kate
falcon45ca

RondoDimBuckle

lucy/Aro

[ed note: omitted some of this quote that wasn't 100% relevant to my point]

This. This this this this this this this.

This is what I was trying to get at in my Rondo case post.

Although idk if powerwolfing = "Rondo can high-post and act crazy as a wolf" so maybe Sean and I are seeing Rondo as scummy for different reasons but it's from the same sequence.
A lot of people use the word "powerwolfing" in a way that is not what I know it as, so I am careful with that word.

Powerwolfing IMO is a specific type of anti-bus strategy where a well-positioned wolf uses their threadclout in order to shield their teammate(s) whom are not in as good of a spot. Many people just mean it to be someone loud in thread/being townread.

pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

oh I guess I missed this bit explicitly:

"why do YOU think WWA claimed?"

I think WWA really thought she was under pressure when she wasn't. That said I wasn't online so idk what the vote counts were, but that doesn't mean she didn't perceive it as real pressure. Plus you have to consider that Rondo is hounding WWA throughout and being focused on making everything more stressful, so yeah I believe that WWA claimed because she really thought she had to.

Return to “Previous Heists”