Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Re: Season 10 Champs Practice Game [DAY 2]

Post by Dennis »

pyxxy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:23 pm
Dennis wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:16 pm
pyxxy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:48 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:24 pm I mean by now literally everyone today has TMI'd the setup as a protect
I agree with you here but that doesn't mean it isn't odd, or potentially revealing to go back and check the first people who brought it up

hey @Dennis do you want some more homework
Ya sure
alright do a report on the D2 thread history of suggesting that it was a doc dodge

people + posts + positivity (gotta keep up the vibes)
I don't know what I'm looking for. Like I'm trying but I absolutely suck at analysis

I'm still gonna make a post but man it's gonna SUCK
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Pyxxy what's your read on me
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 381
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

I have never seen Nook this disengaged in a game before and it's annoying me in ways I can't explain.

Like most of his iso is: "hey what happened, oh nothing OK bye"

Like??????????????
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

I tried to make this silly but it's just awkward

For Mr. @Pyxxy's mafia class
Spoiler: show
Why NK'ing Rondo was a Doc Dodge - A Report

Part 1. Nanook suggests the idea

Nanook confidently claims that we are virtually confirmed to be in a setup, which remained unnamed, because of Rondo being night killed. He supports this with the idea that the majority of mafia teams would want to kill WWA in that situation, but instead they opted for Rondo, suggesting they were trying to prevent their night kill from being protected. Neon and Tutuu both agree.

In my opinion, most of this makes sense. WWA was considered town consensus and most mafia teams want to kill them. What confused me was no one outright saying what setup they think we're in. Neon and Tutuu jumping in and agreeing immediately also kinda weirds me out because no one ACTUALLY says what setup we're in. No power roles have flipped, and there is plenty of setups with a 2 shot or odd night doctor. Which setup are we supposedly in? Also considering that ALL of the setups have something that could have protected someone except for 6lock, I'm actually pretty :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Part 2 - A new challenger approaches

Tutuu suggests that Rondo was killed as an attempt to kill the second PR.

Mostly confused about why Tutuu is incredibly confident in this, but also agrees with Nook's idea. I also am not completely sold you even believe in this because Rondo cc's just about all the time for absolutely 0 reason

Part 3 - I'm done dude I actually can't force myself to do this anymore

Final thoughts - Rondo is a slot that I think tends to have a lot of paranoia around, so NKing them early is a weird choice. I think it suggests Rondo was onto at least one wolf and likely two, because if I'm mafia I normally kill Rondo later than night one. Ultimately I hope you all get something from this, cause I think I only really got that I'll be a bit more wary around Tutuu for being a lil contradictory and I'm probably gonna look at Rondo reads

God this is so stupid
Hope I get an A+
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:39 pm I have never seen Nook this disengaged in a game before and it's annoying me in ways I can't explain.

Like??????????????
It happens, particularly when d1 is

Less than fun

I have reads and I've given them, it's otherwise fairly difficult to get invested 🤷‍♀️
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dennis wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:50 pm I tried to make this silly but it's just awkward

Nanook confidently claims that we are virtually confirmed to be in a setup, which remained unnamed, because of Rondo being night killed. He supports this with the idea that the majority of mafia teams would want to kill WWA in that situation, but instead they opted for Rondo, suggesting they were trying to prevent their night kill from being protected. Neon and Tutuu both agree.

In my opinion, most of this makes sense. WWA was considered town consensus and most mafia teams want to kill them. What confused me was no one outright saying what setup they think we're in. Neon and Tutuu jumping in and agreeing immediately also kinda weirds me out because no one ACTUALLY says what setup we're in. No power roles have flipped, and there is plenty of setups with a 2 shot or odd night doctor. Which setup are we supposedly in? Also considering that ALL of the setups have something that could have protected someone except for 6lock, I'm actually pretty :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Mostly confused about why Tutuu is incredibly confident in this, but also agrees with Nook's idea. I also am not completely sold you even believe in this because Rondo cc's just about all the time for absolutely 0 reason

Final thoughts - Rondo is a slot that I think tends to have a lot of paranoia around, so NKing them early is a weird choice. I think it suggests Rondo was onto at least one wolf and likely two, because if I'm mafia I normally kill Rondo later than night one. Ultimately I hope you all get something from this, cause I think I only really got that I'll be a bit more wary around Tutuu for being a lil contradictory and I'm probably gonna look at Rondo reads

God this is so stupid
Hope I get an A+
Its protective setup, there are only two setups with an even night JK, which is WWA's claim.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 105

Post by falcon45ca »

tutuu wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:56 pm @Sabiplz whats your pyxxy read now?

@pyxxy whats your sabi read now?

@falcon45ca do you have reads?
I don't really, no. My brain is very foggy right now

we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 254
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:39 pm I have never seen Nook this disengaged in a game before and it's annoying me in ways I can't explain.

Like??????????????
I agree

I can excuse croissant posting but kid/generally happy about life posting is where I draw the line
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 404
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Dennis wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:15 pm
Neon wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:49 pm
Dennis wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:31 pm I'm gonna be honest I just spent the past like 15 minutes reading through thread and I have 0 clue who to think is bad

Tutuu is the top wagon and from the game I've played with them they were hyper and pumped and super extreme and I'm seeing that here too so i don't know what to make of that

I've got a biology exam now be back in like an hour and a half
Do you think that's not easily fakeable?
No it could probably be pretty easily faked, but the alternative is lie in thread about my scumreads which is just straight up scumaiding fmpov

Why are you voting tutuu

If anyone is curious I'm rather confident I did well on my test
Read my iso
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

I feel so invisible right meow

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Dennis wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:50 pm I tried to make this silly but it's just awkward

God this is so stupid
Hope I get an A+
"Also considering that ALL of the setups have something that could have protected someone except for 6lock, I'm actually pretty :face_with_raised_eyebrow:"
Sort of a followup. Have you forgotten what WWA claimed? Or do you think it's possible she was lying in any way, perhaps still a PR but just a different one?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 102

Post by DrWilgy »

Neon wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:55 pm I feel so invisible right meow
No sad. I think I agree with your Tutuu take. Rondo put it like this 'Neon - Maybe the Sabi / Lucy / Neon blow out was just fanned on by tutuu?' and that I think is at least important.

Neon, what do you think on Lily? The pop in today felt wolfy to me.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

^does anyone have town/scum lily games that I could skim?
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

God this is so stupid
Hope I get an A+
@Neon Does Dennis's ignorance/confusion about WWA's claim and the setup and how TMI is involved read as towny or scummy to you?
WindwardAway
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 387
Preferred Pronouns: she/her, any

Post by WindwardAway »

pyxxy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:48 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:24 pm I mean by now literally everyone today has TMI'd the setup as a protect
I agree with you here but that doesn't mean it isn't odd, or potentially revealing to go back and check the first people who brought it up

hey @Dennis do you want some more homework
Oh absolutely, but problem is that *I* was first to bring it up, and that's cause I accidentally probably guessed correctly yesterday.
As I said, I'm sure one of the dismissive comments on Rondo is from a wolf.
☆Princess Abigail☆

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:03 pm
No sad. I think I agree with your Tutuu take. Rondo put it like this 'Neon - Maybe the Sabi / Lucy / Neon blow out was just fanned on by tutuu?' and that I think is at least important.

Neon, what do you think on Lily? The pop in today felt wolfy to me.
If they don't provide content soon I'm fine killing her but I feel bad considering how busy she is

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

pyxxy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:09 pm

God this is so stupid
Hope I get an A+
@Neon Does Dennis's ignorance/confusion about WWA's claim and the setup and how TMI is involved read as towny or scummy to you?
Kinda just feels NAI. I really really don't like how they treated Kate though.

ImageImage

Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 219
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:44 am
Lilypetal wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:33 am Why do we think rondo died?
Lots of people have already speculated on this. Mostly it seems like people believe doc-dodge, or believed Rondo was a PR CC'ing. Did you read them? Do you agree disagree?

I think it is very likely that Rondo got the setup right in their first post, and then his CC made wolves think Rondo was PR, and would be the doc, meaning safer to NK than WWA.
Oh that makes a lot of sense

I did read the posts but I didn't understand them but now I get it thx
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 263
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

If it helps, I have been stirring on if I believe your take on me. It didn't feel fully genuine.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

WindwardAway
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 387
Preferred Pronouns: she/her, any

Post by WindwardAway »

God this is so stupid
Hope I get an A+
Sooooo the gist of this is, you said you read my ISO, but you can't possibly have read my ISO, because I claimed jailkeeper like 3 or 4 times minimum yesterday.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Seanzie wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:51 pm
If it helps, I have been stirring on if I believe your take on me. It didn't feel fully genuine.
It was but I get it

ImageImage

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:03 pm

Like??????????????

Less than fun

I have reads and I've given them, it's otherwise fairly difficult to get invested 🤷‍♀️
Do you have any game content for D2?

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:25 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:03 pm

Like??????????????

Less than fun

Do you have any game content for D2?
Don't kill my townreads today, please and thanks
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Which are????
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

WindwardAway wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:05 pm

God this is so stupid
Hope I get an A+
Sooooo the gist of this is, you said you read my ISO, but you can't possibly have read my ISO, because I claimed jailkeeper like 3 or 4 times minimum yesterday.
I forgor skull emoji
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

I also don't believe your claim
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

I think I lost wim for this game when I got scumread for correctly finding my mother as town using one of her towntells
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Is this game just everyone being a blob
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

I think there's some people really trying and I wish I could and feel bad for people like seanzie or tutuu but I am really struggling to get into it
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

But let's not get too meta

I voted falcon btw
☆Princess Abigail☆

Dennis wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:42 pm I think I lost wim for this game when I got scumread for correctly finding my mother as town using one of her towntells
You lost WiM for the game because other people played the game?

ImageImage

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Everyone has been scumread this game
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Neon wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:32 pm
Dennis wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:42 pm I think I lost wim for this game when I got scumread for correctly finding my mother as town using one of her towntells
You lost WiM for the game because other people played the game?
Shrug emoji
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Dennis wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:31 pm I'm gonna be honest I just spent the past like 15 minutes reading through thread and I have 0 clue who to think is bad

Tutuu is the top wagon and from the game I've played with them they were hyper and pumped and super extreme and I'm seeing that here too so i don't know what to make of that

lol I TR this
☆Princess Abigail☆

I'm kinda tired of people getting upset at other people for playing the game... it's happening so much in mafia everywhere...

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Lilypetal wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:35 pm

lol I TR this
Explain?

ImageImage

Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Neon wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:36 pm I'm kinda tired of people getting upset at other people for playing the game... it's happening so much in mafia everywhere...
I'm not mad at anyone, like this isn't anyone's fault but it's what happened

I understand how it probably looked like tmi but I still find it nose wrinkle worthy cause.. who knows
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Neon wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:37 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:35 pm

lol I TR this
Explain?
Dennis has just seemed kinda lost all game and continues to be lost

It's just consistent ig and I think it's towny. I kinda relate because I'm only feeling confident on townreads.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Meh...

ImageImage

tutuu
Posts in topic: 288

Post by tutuu »

Neon wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:36 pm I'm kinda tired of people getting upset at other people for playing the game... it's happening so much in mafia everywhere...
It's ok, we can all learn and slowly change the meta to something more fun. I also used to get upset

Dennis has only said it once, it's calm. And even though he said it, he has contributed and played / is still playing

It's not an unnatural instinct to attune oneself to the vibes of everyone else (if you are town rn)

Also should be noted that there are 3 wolves among us, it's a pretty easy and convenient excuse to not post

So it's not all town contributing to the morale warfare, it's the wolves helping too
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:08 pm Is this game just everyone being a blob
I feel like I've been quite productive and am trying to work with people to form consistent reads. Not blob-like.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

I've been as productive and helpful to town as I can be with almost nobody engaging me

ImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:43 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:08 pm Is this game just everyone being a blob
I feel like I've been quite productive and am trying to work with people to form consistent reads. Not blob-like.
Granted though, I've been super duper busy, so I have had a hard time being as town-leader-y as I'd like to be.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Neon wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:45 pm I've been as productive and helpful to town as I can be with almost nobody engaging me
Is there anything in particular you'd like to engage about? I am open to listening to you and working through our reads.

Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

DrWilgy - town lean
falcon45ca - scum lean
Lilypetal - town
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - scum lean, but people say it's normal but people are also starting to change their mind (?)
Neon - towny
Porscha - town
pyxxy - towny
Sabiplz - town
Seanzie - town
tutuu - towny
WindwardAway - Town

This math is not adding up
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Neon wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:45 pm I've been as productive and helpful to town as I can be with almost nobody engaging me
I have engaged wit you

I just don't know what to do.

Game is blob
tutuu
Posts in topic: 288

Post by tutuu »

i generally don't engage with my townreads

i try to respond to accusations to show im town, but if there aren't any i wouldnt go out of my way to try to make someone townread me. if they want to, they will. otherwise im chilling on that front
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Earlier I meant to ISO Porscha, and I did part of it. I did a little more right now, don't have time to do the whole thing though unfortunately.

Their D1 does look very townie, and I am not sure what Rondo was seeing, but their D2 thus far has felt significantly more stilted, so while I still think I am going to keep Porscha above-null, they are definitely on my "people to watch closely moving forward" list.

Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Dennis wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:13 pm Pyxxy what's your read on me
@pyxxy
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Dennis wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:48 pm DrWilgy - town lean
falcon45ca - scum lean
Lilypetal - town
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - scum lean, but people say it's normal but people are also starting to change their mind (?)
Neon - towny
Porscha - town
pyxxy - towny
Sabiplz - town
Seanzie - town
tutuu - towny
WindwardAway - Town

This math is not adding up
Could you tell me about Wilgy, Neon and Sabi?

Certain things Nook does is normal, but again, I do think a scumlean here is appropriate. When he is town, I get little peeks of deeper thought from him, and I don't get that here. If Falcon wasn't so far into his scum-meta right now, I'd likely be voting Nook and trying to get people to talk more about Nook.

Return to “Previous Heists”