Don't Starve Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Okay, once more, and this time with feeling.

Poll ended at Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:00 pm

Belzy
No votes
falcon45ca
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
25%
Lime Coke
33%
motobot
17%
Porscha
No votes
Ricochet
No votes
Seanzie
No votes
Zenon
No votes
Dragonfly (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
25%

Total votes: 12
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 163
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Re: Don't Starve Mafia [Day 1]

Post by MartinGG99 »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:54 pm maybe rondo took himself and martin out of the poll. seeing how a lot of roles are deisnged to be in pairs (mine, svs, perhaps rondno). seems like a towny role to me from a host perspective
I've come to conclusion that pondering about the poll disappearances isn't really going to advance any certain-enough conclusion, and so not really worth discussing.

Also if it is a single power that can remove two people at once (instead of some combo of mechanical factors) that seems really strong and begging for an NK by the mafia, as later-game that could screw up plans. So I'd rather not speculate on whoever it is too, unless that power seems to do more than just that and/or something nefarious.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
Spoiler: show
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I thought day started later. I've been getting my time zones screwed up
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:04 pm I thought day started later. I've been getting my time zones screwed up
It, in fact, was supposed to start like 2 hours ago. But delays happen, and I don't care to speculate over that. Could've been sudden IRL things for all I know.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 387

Post by tutuu »

also looks like number of food items gets reduced, number of non-food stays the same. so in the end we will all be starving. will be interesting to watch fx. people are gonna have like 5-6 votes extra on them. that will be so wild lol
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't have much time right now to dig in, but I do have some baseline philosophy of the game that I think is pertinent:

Day 1 was characterized by some frustrating trends. The game seemed to be weirdly factionalized (not in the usual way) between "reads camps", such that any one person's town reads suspected each other in various different iterations (especially my town reads), and there wasn't much cohesion or purpose to what was happening. That's going to need to change for this game to get onto the right track, and there is still plenty of time to see that it does. This doesn't mean anyone needs to change their reads necessarily, but it does demand an open ear and willingness to hear each other out.

I have a few methods in mind to sort things more thoroughly, and I will in due time.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

You have an axe named Lucy. You do not need to pick “wood.” You always have wood.

If you are lynched on an Odd Day, you will transform into a Werebeaver. Before succumbing to death, you will have one chance at Night to kill someone who voted for you. You are not required to kill anyone.
Assuming Scotty was responsible for one of the kills, it had to be Vivax. S~V~S didn't have her vote on him at EOD.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:58 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:56 pm
tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:24 pm rico - imo towny via tone, towny attempt at solving despite him mowing down my towncore
tell me about the tone if you can describe it
tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:24 pm lime coke - i dont see why he's town
expand on this if you can as well

fmpov lime coke has been preety decent if not lean town
rico - he seems confident that he knows what he's doing

lime coke - i can't. i dont see anything. thats why i dont see him being town
Reason why I asked is that, if I recall from memory correctly, Rico doesn't have much in the tone department but his progression and case on Scotty is decent enough that I can see it from a town perspective even if I have problems with it (biggest problem in particular was how he seemed to have issue with Scotty had "flat" pushes but IMO its typical of some towns to push more than a few buttons on d1 to get the game and solving going, and I don't see Rico giving that benefit of doubt that I would).

As for Lime, I think his tone has been fairly good at times. I think this post (link) is among the better examples. The fact that you say Rico has good tone while Lime (through omission you communicate that) doesn't have that is kinda the opposite of where I am on those two slots. Is there some other reason holding you back on Lime Coke?
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

none, no. that post you linked does look good. iono martin :shrug:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

I almost hate that I like your response.

I don't need to TR you more I need to advance my reads goshdarnit xD
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:08 pm I don't have much time right now to dig in, but I do have some baseline philosophy of the game that I think is pertinent:

Day 1 was characterized by some frustrating trends. The game seemed to be weirdly factionalized (not in the usual way) between "reads camps", such that any one person's town reads suspected each other in various different iterations (especially my town reads), and there wasn't much cohesion or purpose to what was happening. That's going to need to change for this game to get onto the right track, and there is still plenty of time to see that it does. This doesn't mean anyone needs to change their reads necessarily, but it does demand an open ear and willingness to hear each other out.

I have a few methods in mind to sort things more thoroughly, and I will in due time.
Sounds good to me, and I look forward to it. Truth be told I haven't fully wrapped my head around the camps thing, and I think part of that is that maybe the two camps are organized differently. Like the 1st camp is largely organized by a commonality of town reads, and the 2nd camp is organized by a commonality of either susses or "I would be ok throwing this out". From the limited time I was at EoD, it seemed like there were only two groups of voters and they usually followed each-other. Sometimes that was because of me, sometimes it wasn't.

I'm unsure how productive looking into this could be though. It was day 1 after all, and I doubt its something the mafia were simply masterfully manipulating to their advantage while simultaneously being aware of it. Day 1 had plenty of posts and not everyone was able to keep up all the time. If there is some core issue with our collective solving however I'm all for detecting it and setting things clear.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 47

Post by falcon45ca »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:20 pm I almost hate that I like your response.

Why do you need tutuu to advance your reads?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:35 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:20 pm I almost hate that I like your response.

Hearing other people's perspectives is useful. Especially if I've missed something.

Completely separate sidenote, why do people keep presuming that when I do something I need to do it? Like seriously, I could be doing something just because its one of the ways it can be done smh.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

like guys I'm not that incapable and limited lol
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:30 pm Sounds good to me, and I look forward to it. Truth be told I haven't fully wrapped my head around the camps thing, and I think part of that is that maybe the two camps are organized differently. Like the 1st camp is largely organized by a commonality of town reads, and the 2nd camp is organized by a commonality of either susses or "I would be ok throwing this out". From the limited time I was at EoD, it seemed like there were only two groups of voters and they usually followed each-other. Sometimes that was because of me, sometimes it wasn't.

I'm unsure how productive looking into this could be though. It was day 1 after all, and I doubt its something the mafia were simply masterfully manipulating to their advantage while simultaneously being aware of it. Day 1 had plenty of posts and not everyone was able to keep up all the time. If there is some core issue with our collective solving however I'm all for detecting it and setting things clear.
To be clear, I don't suggest that we dig back into this "camps" dynamic as a means for solving the game. Perhaps one could try to do that; it might yield interesting things. My intended message was more about how we move forward though, and I direct it at myself too. If our communication is just plain better as a group, then I think that'll be an important boon.

My own solving methodology will be more conventional. ISOs. Associations. Bread and butter.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:19 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:30 am That which is asserted with no proof can be dismissed with just as much
"Proof" of anything in this dialogue is exactly impossible, so I'm going to ignore that standard. I will make one more effort to communicate with you on the matter though.

Your gripe seems to be a lack of follow-up from me, if I could summarize it succinctly. If that's not accurate, please correct me. Here's the rationale that you either haven't considered or just haven't said in your posts (or have brushed aside):

1) When I asked Scotty about his read on Porscha, my concern was primarily with developing my own read on Porscha, someone for whom I held some suspicion. That wasn't some interrogation of Scotty himself, even if it could still provide another avenue for assessing him by extension.

2) Scotty ended up more or less agreeing with me anyway, so the exchange left me essentially where I was already was with her.

3) I don't think it's terrible for Scotty to have had an initial vague impression and then change his mind when prompted about it. I have done that many times in past games. It's ordinary.

4) The next thing that happened in this game when I looked at the thread like an hour later was toxicity (or the visible potential for toxicity). I don't want that in the game thread, and so I suggested we put it to bed. There's probably no reason to continue talking about this. It had no bearing on the previous material. You also suggested that I knew why you highlighted that post and pretended not to know. My good man, that is just incorrect. I had no clue what you were on about and figured you had pulled from my ISO out of context and misunderstood me. I cannot read your mind.

5) I ended up voting for and expanding on my own suspicion of Porscha, and Scotty's own commentary (and more the POE he provided) served as some non-zero component of what motivated me to do that. That's as "follow-up" as it needs to be.

When I ask people questions, I am not always going to explicitly detail in posts my views of how they respond to those questions. If I did my post count would be tripled, and the year would be 2015.

I don't care to engage this further. By all means respond if you wish, but I will not get into a big back-and-forth that eats up thread space to no benefit.

Who's in yer town group thus far?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:38 pm

Hearing other people's perspectives is useful. Especially if I've missed something.

Completely separate sidenote, why do people keep presuming that when I do something I need to do it? Like seriously, I could be doing something just because its one of the ways it can be done smh.

I have no idea where I got that idea from
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:46 pm Who's in yer town group thus far?
I feel pretty good or better about each of the following:

Martin
Ricochet
Rondo
tutuu
Zenon

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:48 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:46 pm Who's in yer town group thus far?
I feel pretty good or better about each of the following:

Martin
Ricochet
Rondo
tutuu
Zenon
Talk to me about Neon plz, cuz I'm having troubles finding them as town
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:47 pm

not the same as "I need tutuu to help me otherwise I can't advance my reads"

and if that were true my demeanor toward them would be applying more social pressure to get something out of it

its true though I need to advance my reads, make them better and ect, and I thought asking Tutuu would be a good step towards that.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:49 pm Talk to me about Neon plz, cuz I'm having troubles finding them as town
I think she decently resembles the town version of her that I saw in champs this season, primarily by way of interrogative chutzpah, and also her skepticism of people she thinks are being too widely town read (especially tutuu), and her exasperation about feeling ignored. I acknowledge the appeal to emotion in the last bit, but I don't really care about that.

Do you have specific concerns about her?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i dont care if this is egotistical. i deserve the self-praise. three different players gave me a brain aneurysm this game. i held the fort. 1-2 years ago i would have had a meltdown. if a good portion of syndicate regulars were in the spot i was put in - they woulda had a meltdown too. i held the fort though. im awesome as fuck and ive grown so much. not posting this for external validation. i dont care what any of u think about this. i care what i think and what i know. and im not cowardly to keep my thoughts to myself. im letting them out. we on a roll baby. we out here
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:54 pm

and if that were true my demeanor toward them would be applying more social pressure to get something out of it

its true though I need to advance my reads, make them better and ect, and I thought asking Tutuu would be a good step towards that.

Well, I'm sure you can see why I said what I said re: needing tutuu to advance your read...you seem a touch defensive about it, may I ask why?

Have you been accused lately of needing when you were just...I dunno, wanting?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:54 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:49 pm Talk to me about Neon plz, cuz I'm having troubles finding them as town
I think she decently resembles the town version of her that I saw in champs this season, primarily by way of interrogative chutzpah, and also her skepticism of people she thinks are being too widely town read (especially tutuu), and her exasperation about feeling ignored. I acknowledge the appeal to emotion in the last bit, but I don't really care about that.

Specifically, no, I just have a vague feeling of unease...the malaise I described earlier.

It's not so much how I feel about my life in general, but this game...and I'm wondering why you're not helping with that...because I'm accustomed to...

Well, let's call it the general calm I've felt when you've been town. You make connections between players and their interactions, and create groups via interactions from which it can be hard for Maf to distance themselves
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:41 pm i dont care if this is egotistical. i deserve the self-praise. three different players gave me a brain aneurysm this game. i held the fort. 1-2 years ago i would have had a meltdown. if a good portion of syndicate regulars were in the spot i was put in - they woulda had a meltdown too. i held the fort though. im awesome as fuck and ive grown so much. not posting this for external validation. i dont care what any of u think about this. i care what i think and what i know. and im not cowardly to keep my thoughts to myself. im letting them out. we on a roll baby. we out here

You're fuxkin Golden tutuuu, and if ANYBODY EVER makes you feel like you're not?

They are literally not worth the microsecond of thought you've spent remembering their name. Fuck em
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: neon] aubergine
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Wait, I've been ghost voted?

By fuckin Martin & tutuu?

@MartinGG99 @tutuu

What's up?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: lasagna] aubergine
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:39 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:30 pm Sounds good to me, and I look forward to it. Truth be told I haven't fully wrapped my head around the camps thing, and I think part of that is that maybe the two camps are organized differently. Like the 1st camp is largely organized by a commonality of town reads, and the 2nd camp is organized by a commonality of either susses or "I would be ok throwing this out". From the limited time I was at EoD, it seemed like there were only two groups of voters and they usually followed each-other. Sometimes that was because of me, sometimes it wasn't.

To be clear, I don't suggest that we dig back into this "camps" dynamic as a means for solving the game. Perhaps one could try to do that; it might yield interesting things. My intended message was more about how we move forward though, and I direct it at myself too. If our communication is just plain better as a group, then I think that'll be an important boon.

My own solving methodology will be more conventional. ISOs. Associations. Bread and butter.

That's what I've not been seeing from you...just a general short list of ain't voting for today.

Perhaps I've missed it?
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:42 pm

Well, I'm sure you can see why I said what I said re: needing tutuu to advance your read...you seem a touch defensive about it, may I ask why?

Yeah, I understand, but I'm a bit assertive about it because I have to for my own sake.

The short of it is that I have cognitive behaviors which can be preety self-critical. If what I've done didn't achieve much + its perceived as like the only or among the very few things I was capable of then that leads to a not very good evaluation of myself as a player (or, taken more severely, as a person).

I think only 1-2 people have said something like that before, and I was able to brush it off, but since it happened again I wanted to be a bit more clear about it. Its not really a you issue, your issue, or anyone else's issue. It's just my issue and I had to point it out in the form of mild frustration before my personal issues become a thing. You can see I also try to play it off as semi-funny or whatever in my post after pointing it out.

I've always had this sort of problem though, and the fact that I'm being more vocal about it (instead of almost never mentioning it like in the past) is actually a good thing. It means I'm acknowledging the potential BS that I give myself can be, well, BS and doesn't deserve any consideration. It's healthier, I think.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Ricochet
Posts in topic: 234

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:14 pm
Night 1 Ends

I had high hopes for a séance.

S~V~S has been killed.

Wendy – The Bereaved

The person to die Day 1 becomes your ghostly friend (if that person shares your alignment). You gain BTSC. The ghost may continue to post in the thread using an alternate account (“Abigail”) but cannot vote. If you die, the ghost vanishes and cannot participate any further. If the first person to die does not share your alignment, your séance fails, and nothing happens.

You are a civilian.

Vivax has been killed.

Wheeler– The Intrepid Explorer

Use your Navigadget each Night to track your target.

You are a civilian.

It is now Day 2. You have until 8pm ET to lynch someone and pick things off the ground or wherever.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:54 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:42 pm

Yeah, I understand, but I'm a bit assertive about it because I have to for my own sake.

The short of it is that I have cognitive behaviors which can be preety self-critical. If what I've done didn't achieve much + its perceived as like the only or among the very few things I was capable of then that leads to a not very good evaluation of myself as a player (or, taken more severely, as a person).

I think only 1-2 people have said something like that before, and I was able to brush it off, but since it happened again I wanted to be a bit more clear about it. Its not really a you issue, your issue, or anyone else's issue. It's just my issue and I had to point it out in the form of mild frustration before my personal issues become a thing. You can see I also try to play it off as semi-funny or whatever in my post after pointing it out.

I've always had this sort of problem though, and the fact that I'm being more vocal about it (instead of almost never mentioning it like in the past) is actually a good thing. It means I'm acknowledging the potential BS that I give myself can be, well, BS and doesn't deserve any consideration. It's healthier, I think.

Whoa whoa whoa...we're unpacking a bunch of stuff that, while you might feel, is not at all what I intended.

I'm just trying to understand your thought process more, and this has helped me get an idea of what you meant.

Talk to me about your vote, and why I can't see it posted ITT. Did you post it and I've missed it?
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:50 pm Wait, I've been ghost voted?

@MartinGG99 @tutuu

What's up?
IDK tutuu's specific reasons but I thought you were having trouble getting into the game while not wanting to say it

Your reason for TRing Seanzie in particular kinda felt LAMIST ("look at me I am so town") because a major part of that is contingent on the belief that you, yourself, is town. Post link here. I can understand a low-level or throw-away read, as is generally given by some towns on d1 or when they're slanking, but I generally don't see it in a form where its connected to one's own alignment.

Seanzie after that read you positively though, which is interesting. I'm currently waiting on others to join the thread and see what they say, and whether the weigh in on you. Among other things.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

It is now Day 2. You have until 8pm ET to lynch someone and pick things off the ground or wherever.

[VOTE: Clam Chowder] aubergine
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

this was my vote post
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:24 pm [VOTE: Falcon] aubergine

Interesting vote by Seanzie and I'd like to discuss that and his view of Falcon. I'm not quite sure what I want to discuss specifically though regarding Rico outside of stereotypical "why", I'll need to re-check my knowledge of Rico for like the 3rd time.

One of Falcon's responses towards seanzie was TRing him because Falcon was town...which is among the very few reasonings he has stated. Later he mentions being let to slank longer and it reads to me as having difficulty getting into the game but not wanting to admit it. At the very least I am hopeful to see more from them today.
this was my vote post
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Ricochet wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:04 am

[VOTE: Clam Chowder] aubergine
I never knew you could combine image and URL links with the BBcode. That's cool. Although I don't know how I would ever use it.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:02 am Whoa whoa whoa...we're unpacking a bunch of stuff that, while you might feel, is not at all what I intended.

I'm just trying to understand your thought process more, and this has helped me get an idea of what you meant.
I appreciate the concern but we're not really unpacking anything except, like, a biography I guess :P

I've been a bit vocal about it since a few months ago, beginning in a place called Deck Mafia and also in Champs as well.

Trust me, I got no bad feelings or whatever. Game has been really enjoyable, and I have no negative feelings towards anyone rn. Myself included.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

I guess its more that, I have a terrible habit of "if I mention A, I have to mention XYZ too!!!" also.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MartinGG99 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:03 am
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:50 pm Wait, I've been ghost voted?

@MartinGG99 @tutuu

What's up?
IDK tutuu's specific reasons but I thought you were having trouble getting into the game while not wanting to say it

Your reason for TRing Seanzie in particular kinda felt LAMIST ("look at me I am so town") because a major part of that is contingent on the belief that you, yourself, is town. Post link here. I can understand a low-level or throw-away read, as is generally given by some towns on d1 or when they're slanking, but I generally don't see it in a form where its connected to one's own alignment.

Seanzie after that read you positively though, which is interesting. I'm currently waiting on others to join the thread and see what they say, and whether the weigh in on you. Among other things.
You don't see how one town player had the near identical experience re: entering the game, lack of ping, finding out late your alignment in the same manner, etc, as another player...and thus giving a TR on said player...you find that suspect?

OK, I guess I can see some sus...but to what end? Like, am.I trying to pocket Sean? Is Sean someone with enough thread presence that it would be worth trying to pocket?

Given Sean & I's play history, and how he treats my slot I'm general, I can assure you it would be a useless gesture. You can ask him if you like.

I still don't see why that equates to you SR my slot, at least enough for a vote...have you even mentioned me prior to this recent interaction? (Which I engaged btw)

Why the naked vote?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MartinGG99 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:04 am this was my vote post

Interesting vote by Seanzie and I'd like to discuss that and his view of Falcon. I'm not quite sure what I want to discuss specifically though regarding Rico outside of stereotypical "why", I'll need to re-check my knowledge of Rico for like the 3rd time.

One of Falcon's responses towards seanzie was TRing him because Falcon was town...which is among the very few reasonings he has stated. Later he mentions being let to slank longer and it reads to me as having difficulty getting into the game but not wanting to admit it. At the very least I am hopeful to see more from them today.
this was my vote post

OK, missed that. Cheers
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:12 pm
You have an axe named Lucy. You do not need to pick “wood.” You always have wood.

If you are lynched on an Odd Day, you will transform into a Werebeaver. Before succumbing to death, you will have one chance at Night to kill someone who voted for you. You are not required to kill anyone.
Assuming Scotty was responsible for one of the kills, it had to be Vivax. S~V~S didn't have her vote on him at EOD.
Makes sense Scotty would kill his CW that's just good play.

D1 was T v T and a claimed doc who's hard defending the best player in this PL is still alive?

Yeah I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there's at least one in Tutuu JJJ cause that just doesn't track for me but I'm not gonna hard push it.

I will vote: Tutuu though.
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Also gonna [VOTE: Flower Garland] aubergine

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:19 am You don't see how one town player had the near identical experience re: entering the game, lack of ping, finding out late your alignment in the same manner, etc, as another player...and thus giving a TR on said player...you find that suspect?

OK, I guess I can see some sus...but to what end? Like, am.I trying to pocket Sean? Is Sean someone with enough thread presence that it would be worth trying to pocket?

Given Sean & I's play history, and how he treats my slot I'm general, I can assure you it would be a useless gesture. You can ask him if you like.

I still don't see why that equates to you SR my slot, at least enough for a vote...have you even mentioned me prior to this recent interaction? (Which I engaged btw)
A vote isn't an immovable object, and I wanted to see how you would defend yourself. If I thought you to be very likely scum, I probably would be using more than just one reason.

I very much approve of the "what does that actually achieve" argument. Not that its my sole reason, but I used that style of reasoning before literally on day 1.

I also may have not really considered any dynamics between you and Sean as players.

[VOTE: Deerclops] aubergine

To unvote for now while I figure what else I could do at this moment.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:54 pm

I actually don't really understand how feeling frustrated that I personally felt ignored at EoD is AtE

ImageImage

MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Would vote myself to show unvote as well but apparently that's impossible :wowee:
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

While I do fairly positively read Tutuu, it did bother me earlier that after the mildest contention over one of their SRs they just gave me an IDK. On my right hand, the one I solve with more, I really don't see a wolf doing that. Like it takes guts to just wave your hands in the air with nothing when being engaged directly with evidence given. On my left hand, the one I use less to solve with, I didn't find it very pro-town answer and one that was given rather quickly.

Tutuu I don't believe is going to be in contention for who I put on my sights today. But I felt it worth noting in my ISO in severe case I have to re-evaluate a Tutuu in the future.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Zenon wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:23 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:12 pm

Makes sense Scotty would kill his CW that's just good play.

D1 was T v T and a claimed doc who's hard defending the best player in this PL is still alive?

Yeah I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there's at least one in Tutuu JJJ cause that just doesn't track for me but I'm not gonna hard push it.

I will vote: Tutuu though.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MartinGG99 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:26 am
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Ricochet wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:43 am
MartinGG99 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:26 am
Firstly, the vote you quote is one for the spec/dead/host to vote to see the poll's voters.

After EoD1, I felt it may be more likely that I am pushed rather than night-killed. I was originally planning to get food, in anticipation of further pressure, but then SVS and Vivax (two ppl who voted me in the past) died which made me reconsider what I was going to get. I looked at the list of stuff, and figured I could get the shovel for SVS's gold.

I can in fact use the gold for something like the Pick, which will get me another flint in the long run.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:24 pm die_meatbaby - no comment
porscha - sean GOAT claimed godread
martin - imo town for d1 item choice + i love everything he's doing. all of his solving, tone, everything
zenon - no comment
jjj - imo town for d1 item choice

rico - imo towny via tone, towny attempt at solving despite him mowing down my towncore
sean - i thought his entrance was fine. nothing too grandiose but he's ok with me
creature - i thought his entrance was fine. nothing too grandiose but he's ok with me
rondo - no comment

motobot - i dont see why he's town
lime coke - i dont see why he's town
drwilgy - i dont see why he's town
falcon - i dont see why he's town

i notice that martin and rondo arent on the poll
Where has Rico been towny in solving? I feel like almost all his posts are just restating what happened without actually considering alignments.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Falcon made a post early on that I thought was town-indicative for Falcon, and I haven't seen anything since to really shake that feeling.

Rico I've read their ISO like 3 times and honestly aside from a few very small examples, I cannot tell what they're thinking about the players they are discussing. Maybe I am just having trouble understanding them, but I also see this from people who are good at scum sometimes, speaking in such a way that can be interpreted later however they want. The one place they seem to take a strong stance on was Scotty, but that was something that was a "nosescratcing" post early on, and only once Rico was a viable wagon does he push hard there.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”