The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [ENDGAME]

Who killed spacedaisy...I mean, of course you know. Should he die?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

DharmaHelper
40%
zeek
10%
A Person (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 463
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 6]

Post by Tangrowth »

DH, can you elaborate on Made?

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:That said, I won't put too much cart before horse, but I really think Russ is a better way to go over DH and Snowy right now.

Snowy, consider the points I've illustrated. Don't you find it weird the way Russ voted Boomslang if he thought the cases on him and DF were "equally weak"? Don't you find it weird that he voted for Bass over Dom if he was pinged by Dom and not Bass? Don't you find it weird that he thought DH was pretty sketchy on D1, but gradually backed off "giving him more time", and now finds him "very genuine" and thinks it doesn't make sense to act the way he is if he's bad?

I tell you what, I think Russ is bad. I really do.
Yeah could be . You've been sure before though.
Sure, of course, and I could be wrong. I just think Russ's posts tell a story, and the story is that he could definitely be on either team. And he certainly isn't baddie hunting.

If you think your vote should go elsewhere, that's fine, it's your vote. :)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Now I gotta go and do some homework, but I'll try and be back before the vote is over. I suppose a DH or Snowy lynch is OK (and out of those two, I'd rather have DH), but I'd much rather a Russ one. So I'm leaving my vote where it is.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

I mean, you're entitled to your opinion, I guess. You don't seem interested in my responses, so I guess you've made up your mind. Hopefully others will be more reasonable about it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 441

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:DH, can you elaborate on Made?

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:That said, I won't put too much cart before horse, but I really think Russ is a better way to go over DH and Snowy right now.

Snowy, consider the points I've illustrated. Don't you find it weird the way Russ voted Boomslang if he thought the cases on him and DF were "equally weak"? Don't you find it weird that he voted for Bass over Dom if he was pinged by Dom and not Bass? Don't you find it weird that he thought DH was pretty sketchy on D1, but gradually backed off "giving him more time", and now finds him "very genuine" and thinks it doesn't make sense to act the way he is if he's bad?

Yeah could be . You've been sure before though.
Sure, of course, and I could be wrong. I just think Russ's posts tell a story, and the story is that he could definitely be on either team. And he certainly isn't baddie hunting.

If you think your vote should go elsewhere, that's fine, it's your vote. :)
The Bass connection is fairly damning.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 268

Post by zeek »

Haha, and if Russ does get lynched you'll come knocking at my door? :rolleyes:

I want to play ball, but considering how far off base that theory on me is I don't know why I would!

DH, Made is a possibility I didn't really think of. Hmm :ponder:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

zeek wrote:Haha, and if Russ does get lynched you'll come knocking at my door? :rolleyes:

I want to play ball, but considering how far off base that theory on me is I don't know why I would!

DH, Made is a possibility I didn't really think of. Hmm :ponder:
How do you know Russ won't flip civilian? :ponder:

OK, now gone. :p
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

You made some good points above about Russ and I do agree on the logic you used here (dunno what snowy believes, sounds like he's going to bed). I still think Snowy sounds bad as illustrated by timmer's points but I'm squeamish because I am still not finding DH suspicious and it seems like it doesn't make sense to vote for snowy unless I think DH is bad too. Maybe I'm wrong about that but it's how I feel at the moment because of the alleged association. So Russti may be the best pick. The fact that he skipped half the week this week does not make me feel good either because we are getting to the time when it's safer for a baddie to fly low (imo) than engage in discussion. I'll give this some thought. I did already re-read him, as MP said it doesn't take long.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

MovingPictures07 wrote:How do you know Russ won't flip civilian? :ponder:

OK, now gone. :p
I don't, I meant if I don't vote for him :P
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm so glad I took the time to look at them. Because his
posts paint a rotten picture.

Add the fact that he's avoided discussion for so long and bingo. I bet we've got a baddie. Also a potential DF, DH, and even Dom connection -- first due to his weirdness in voting Boom over DF and trying to discredit the DF case, the second due to finding him super suspicious and then backing off, and the third because he voted Bass over Dom despite being pinged by Dom.

Linki w/ Snow: Fair enough, even though half my votes were jokes, lol, but seriously look at Russ's posts. I bet you he's bad.
Df and domain were not.on the same team. Df was.a.suit. domain was.a.sorccerer. ibdont know how or why a baddie would try to.protect.someone on the.other.baddie.team
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I think I will vote Russ.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Boomslang »

MP argues that we don't need to kill him to win. However, we don't need him alive to win, and his unknown qualities worry me. Voting MP
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 441

Post by DharmaHelper »

Boomslang wrote:MP argues that we don't need to kill him to win. However, we don't need him alive to win, and his unknown qualities worry me. Voting MP
All this discussion and this is the vote you choose to make? Come on son.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Boomslang wrote:MP argues that we don't need to kill him to win. However, we don't need him alive to win, and his unknown qualities worry me. Voting MP
Apart from Dom you haven't mentioned a suspect since D3 and that was only in agreement with someone else.

Any suspects at all? Anything?
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161

Post by Snow Dog »

zeek wrote:I think I will vote Russ.

Ditto. For two reasons.

1.Self preservation. I am currently equal with Russ at two votes each and am retiring now.

2. I also need to lynch a baddie. So I hope that Russ is one. Though I'm nervous but have little choice at this stage.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 259

Post by timmer »

So, you're just taking a pass on today, then? Okay, let's try again tomorrow.

At the moment, I'm wondering if a DH lynch might be best today. I look through so many different cases on so many players BY so many different players, and the most common thing I see is "and he seemed supportive of DH" or "and he seems to give DH a pass" or in the case of my case on Snowy, the fact that it seemed Snowy was bailing out DH on Day 1.

If every case is partially based on a link of some sort to DH, maybe DH needs to be lynched, instead of "pick your target" who may be linked to him. DH is a part of virtually EVERY case today. I'm switching my vote.
My siggie.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

timmer wrote:
So, you're just taking a pass on today, then? Okay, let's try again tomorrow.

At the moment, I'm wondering if a DH lynch might be best today. I look through so many different cases on so many players BY so many different players, and the most common thing I see is "and he seemed supportive of DH" or "and he seems to give DH a pass" or in the case of my case on Snowy, the fact that it seemed Snowy was bailing out DH on Day 1.

If every case is partially based on a link of some sort to DH, maybe DH needs to be lynched, instead of "pick your target" who may be linked to him. DH is a part of virtually EVERY case today. I'm switching my vote.
Isn't this the exact reasoning that I got lynched in Monty Python? Has the strategy of voting for the person whose name was mentioned the most ever worked?
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

DharmaHelper wrote:
All this discussion and this is the vote you choose to make? Come on son.
Does anyone else find it strange that two low posters came out of the woodworks during the same lynch?
Boomslang wrote:I really am having trouble figuring out what to say this lynch. Obviously, I'm somewhat happy that Dom is getting attention, because I sure as hell don't deserve the tunnel vision hunt he's been throwing my way ever since Day 1. But jumping on that will make me seem bad, so... maybe I better keep my opinions to myself.
Now that Dom vs. Bass is over, will your share your opinions on either? Were you surprised when dom flipped bad or when Bass flipped bad?
Boomslang wrote:
Dom wrote:Note: next time I'm getting heat-- I'll just say I can't play for a week-- no one will vote for me.

(Not saying Bass is lying, I'm just pointing out how dumb that is)
Agreed. In the interest of making Bass a more valid option for discussion and to forestall a Dom bandwagon picking up steam, I'll vote now.
Did you vote Bass for any reason other than to "Get the ball rolling"?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

OK, I'm going to go ahead and vote Russti but will continue to look at evidence that comes up about others. In other words this may not be my final vote.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Made, DH is at least directly tied to my case on Snowy. I can't very well prove Snowy was bailing DH out if I don't know if DH is bad, right? But every is using DH to add suspicion to their cases, all over the place. It seems clear to me that a TON of people think DH is bad, but that he hasn't stepped out of line directly enough to make an easy case. Well then, my vote is better off on DH than Snowy. But at this point, this day has boggled my mind.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

And this insta-case on Russ is nuts. Not that it doesn't make a bit of sense, but that it is being lead by an indy whose one job is to see to it that his recruits don't get lynched, lol? MP almost single-handedly has yanked this thread into a whole new direction, off of everyone else. I'm not voting Russ because I'm too set on my Snowy and DH business, but at this point, I just hope we get a damn baddie out of today. I'm spent.
My siggie.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

timmer wrote:Made, DH is at least directly tied to my case on Snowy. I can't very well prove Snowy was bailing DH out if I don't know if DH is bad, right? But every is using DH to add suspicion to their cases, all over the place. It seems clear to me that a TON of people think DH is bad, but that he hasn't stepped out of line directly enough to make an easy case. Well then, my vote is better off on DH than Snowy. But at this point, this day has boggled my mind.
Isn't that circular reasoning tho?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I see three things.

1. Snowy seemed to bail out DH on Day 1.

2. Snowy and DH both avoided the DF lynch (who was a suit).

3. Snowy and DH both voted for Dom (a Sorceror) over Bass (A suit).

It's better correlation than most of the day's cases, imo.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Here is every sentence Snowy has made in the game regarding DH:

interesting LC/DH argument but I have seen two civs argue like this so often that i don't think I'll be voting for either.

DH and LC are possibly two civs arguing imo.

I will reread DH I think before I make up my mind on him.

About DH. Well i don't really know much about his playstyle. I guess you'll go and show me how many games played with him now, but for my part I don't remember. But what i read sounds believable. Do you think he is bad?

DH is a bit of a mystery to me. If someone could provide some quick pointers on the case it would be nice. If not, I understand.

If I was trying to save DH do you really think I'd be so obvious?

THAT'S IT!

132 posts, and he's remained as non-committal as you can possibly get on DH.
My siggie.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

timmer wrote:And this insta-case on Russ is nuts. Not that it doesn't make a bit of sense, but that it is being lead by an indy whose one job is to see to it that his recruits don't get lynched, lol? MP almost single-handedly has yanked this thread into a whole new direction, off of everyone else. I'm not voting Russ because I'm too set on my Snowy and DH business, but at this point, I just hope we get a damn baddie out of today. I'm spent.
I agree with you, but I'm staying on Russ. Not sure why tbh, something just doesn't feel right about him. I'm spent as well.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Spacedaisy »

I am seriously worried about this lynch train on Russ. A couple things he said earlier in the game lead e to believe it would be a huge mistake on the part of the civs to lynch him. Please read through his posts before placing a vote.

Also, there is something in thread that has made me change my mind on DH. I don't really want to go into it.

Timmer, aside from me who are you thinking? Because I can't get behind either of these two leading lynch candidates.

I don't see myself putting a vote on Russ or DH, so this has me seriously concerned.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I'm only voting Snowy or DH today, Daisy. The you and LC thing has moved more to the mdidle of the spectrum for me, as in there is less meat to that than what I'm seeing in Snowy/DH.

You are hinting at reasons that these lynch ideas are bad but without explaining them. I can't see anyone backing down from their vote without you providing at least a bit of an idea of why people should? I'm at work and certainly don't have time to find a random little thing a million pages ago, etc. But please shout out of you've seen soemthing??
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

bea wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm so glad I took the time to look at them. Because his
posts paint a rotten picture.

Add the fact that he's avoided discussion for so long and bingo. I bet we've got a baddie. Also a potential DF, DH, and even Dom connection -- first due to his weirdness in voting Boom over DF and trying to discredit the DF case, the second due to finding him super suspicious and then backing off, and the third because he voted Bass over Dom despite being pinged by Dom.

Linki w/ Snow: Fair enough, even though half my votes were jokes, lol, but seriously look at Russ's posts. I bet you he's bad.
Df and domain were not.on the same team. Df was.a.suit. domain was.a.sorccerer. ibdont know how or why a baddie would try to.protect.someone on the.other.baddie.team
Wait, what?

That's not what I was saying. I said there are "potential" connections. I know that DF and Dom weren't on the same team.

This is all you had to say?

timmer wrote:Made, DH is at least directly tied to my case on Snowy. I can't very well prove Snowy was bailing DH out if I don't know if DH is bad, right? But every is using DH to add suspicion to their cases, all over the place. It seems clear to me that a TON of people think DH is bad, but that he hasn't stepped out of line directly enough to make an easy case. Well then, my vote is better off on DH than Snowy. But at this point, this day has boggled my mind.
:ponder:

This is a good point.

Spacedaisy wrote:I am seriously worried about this lynch train on Russ. A couple things he said earlier in the game lead e to believe it would be a huge mistake on the part of the civs to lynch him. Please read through his posts before placing a vote.

Also, there is something in thread that has made me change my mind on DH. I don't really want to go into it.

Timmer, aside from me who are you thinking? Because I can't get behind either of these two leading lynch candidates.

I don't see myself putting a vote on Russ or DH, so this has me seriously concerned.
Seriously? :eek:

I'll read through his posts again.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I will only quote the post that jumped to me. Give me a moment. I won't interpret it for you or anyone else, just tell me if you see anything...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 4]

Post by Spacedaisy »

Russtifinko wrote:
bea wrote:RIP FZ :( I' had really good feelings about you and I'm pretty sure we were both civs. Once of us always seems to die early when we are both civs. :( Why do peeps hate the idea of us being civ together so much?
Dom wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Rest in peace FZ. I was feeling pretty good about you :(

I'm looking at DH today. I think there's something there with the DF connection. DF seemed extremely hesitant to take a stance on DH and went out of his way to vote to help save DH Day 1. Furthermore, DH didn't contribute at all to the discussion on DF. There's also something I want to point out about some of DH's posting on Day 2 but it will have to wait until I get home so I can search for it.

I know I've defended DH some in this game but I'm concerned that that was misguided of me. I felt like he was getting heat for simply being an active participant, but now that we've got more to go on, he feels a bit slippery to me.
TH, I look forward to your ideas about DH on Day 2 :) I'm curious, I don't remember you sharing thoughts on Boomslang.

I'm glad to see Timmer participating more! I found your comments, when I read up, very insightful and great to have around. Rey, on the other hand, still has my eye.
TH- I look forward to reading what you have to say about DH - I still have my doubts about him but I'm not sure that's the sort of investigative work I can handle ATM.

Dom - in all fairness, it looks like Sawyer had a smiley curse. I'd like to see how he handles this day phase.
S~V~S wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Bea, how do you know that
bea wrote:

linki - snowy - a civvie posted about bass supposing he picked SVS for the posting contest when the exact opposite was true. So it's possible he was just going on memory - which is faulty and missed that hedgie didn't post.

Sorry hit submit by mistake :blush:

You write "a civvie posted" like it's a fact. How do you know that? And I know your usage is quirky, but am I reading into it when I say it sounds as if you are talking about civvies in the third person? That was just a weird thing to say, I guess.

To add to this, bea, you said "civ" 3 times to start that post, but they were all worded so as to not really be lie detectable to say whether you're civ or not. It makes me nervous. Something to hide?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh shit, I think I just realized what you're talking about.

Linki: Huh, that's not the post I saw. But it confirms what I'm thinking.

Nope, I see it too.

I'm switching my vote. But to whom?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm not voting Russ or DH. I'm not sure I'm convinced on Snowy though.

Oh god.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Hmm, it's possible that is a hint.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

zeek wrote:Hmm, it's possible that is a hint.
I actually saw a different post, so I'm inclined to think that he was subtly hinting.

Dammit. I wish I had caught it earlier. I honestly didn't even take it that way.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, zeek, Daisy, timmer, anyone, what are you thinking?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

It's not the only time he mentions something along those lines either. It's nothing concrete, but I have been operating under the belief that it is.

Linki: I most suspect Bea right now, but she has no votes. I have already said I suspectthat one of either SVSor Bea is bad, probably Voldemort, it's not concrete but it is my biggest lead right now. But i will be willing to consider other possibilities if it means saving the two leaders right now.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Honestly, I could vote for bea. She still hasn't convinced me she's civilian; most of what she's said has been little to no substance, and she was very noncommittal during the Dom/Bass lynch.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 291

Post by S~V~S »

I am not voldemort, and I am almost positive Bea is not bad. Why do you think I am Voldy?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I'm thinking this may have just put a target on his back :| You saw a similar post? I didn't catch another one, so I dunno.

I do and don't want to vote DH.

And I don't particularly want to lynch Snow Dog again while he's probably asleep. He didn't appreciate that at all last time.

linki - I've felt bea was genuine all game. Only crack in that belief is Dom silencing her but I don't feel it's enough to vote there right now.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

S~V~S wrote:I am not voldemort, and I am almost positive Bea is not bad. Why do you think I am Voldy?
99% sure on bea? :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I don't particularly want to lynch Snowy either, but I really don't want to lynch Russ or DH at this point either, I'm thinking. So... that doesn't leave with many good options.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Everyone was noncommittal during Dom/Bass except their teammates

99.9% sure
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

S~V~S wrote:I am not voldemort, and I am almost positive Bea is not bad. Why do you think I am Voldy?
What is your trust of Bea based upon?

Your curse.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Made, you gonna suspect someone or ask questions all night?

Just realised Made has a question curse or something.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

But I am leaning thinking it is Bea who is bad, not you. I just believe it likely is one of you two.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:Everyone was noncommittal during Dom/Bass except their teammates

99.9% sure
That's just not true.

I don't understand how you could be that sure. Can you elaborate? Is it because she's genuine? What is it?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Spacedaisy wrote:But I am leaning thinking it is Bea who is bad, not you. I just believe it likely is one of you two.
Why do you think either S~V~S or bea is Voldy? I understand the former, but why the latter?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That last 99.9 was to zeek

What curse?

And I a!m not drawing targets as you did, i am almost positive she is not bad and a specific role. Although I had a different person in mind for that role.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:That last 99.9 was to zeek

What curse?

And I a!m not drawing targets as you did, i am almost positive she is not bad and a specific role. Although I had a different person in mind for that role.
That's fine, I wouldn't want you to draw a target if that's what you're saying.

What are you saying there though? What role? The one Russ hinted at?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

MovingPictures07 wrote:That's just not true.

I don't understand how you could be that sure. Can you elaborate? Is it because she's genuine? What is it?
You're that sure about Daisy (-0.99%) and say she's not the Narrator.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

zeek wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:That's just not true.

You're that sure about Daisy (-0.99%) and say she's not the Narrator.
I know, I was just saying I don't understand her reasoning, which is why I asked for it.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”