The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [ENDGAME]

Who killed spacedaisy...I mean, of course you know. Should he die?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

DharmaHelper
40%
zeek
10%
A Person (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 463
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 6]

Post by Tangrowth »

LC, regardless of what happens, you have consistently played a game incredibly befitting the title of a Champion this game. :noble:
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 259

Post by timmer »

Long Con wrote:I can't believe this lynch. This is Champion play? I get barely mentioned, and then bandwagon slammed at the last minute?

This has been really shameful. There's no way in hell I deserved that with so many actual suspects out there.

Last thing: DH, you guys. Open your eyes, even if it's for the first time this game.
I'm with you, buddy. That was awful. All these fucking cases, over 48 fucking hours, and we get a bunch of low posters create a lynch out of nothing. I'm not really feeling "civ" from you tbh, but I'm not feeling bad either, so I wasn't prepared to vote you no matter what. At least not without a fucking case from SOMEONE>????
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:LOL, what a day period.

Well, I feel better about giving Russ another day since the suspicion on him was close to the end, BUT... the suspicion on LC was even closer to the end, and not really articulated. So... let's just hope he's baddie, I guess?

Even if you are bad, sorry, LC.

I was tempted to vote Russ again and tie it up :feb: , but then the poll ended.
WHAT fucking suspicion of me?

Don't trust MP, DH is his Narrator, he baddie aligned. Or Spacedaisy, likely on DHs team. Please kill them for me. I have never seen such bullshit.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

So-called champions, what a joke.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 115

Re: GoC 2014 [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who uprooted Turnip Head?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:25 pm

bea
No votes

Boomslang
No votes

DharmaHelper
bea (13), zeek (19), timmer (21)
14%

Elohcin
No votes

Hedgeowl
Mongoose (6)
5%

juliets
No votes

Lizzy
No votes

Long Con
DharmaHelper (5), nijuukyugou (12), Russtifinko (14), MovingPictures07 (15), Spacedaisy (16), juliets (17)
29%

Lorab
No votes

Made
No votes

Mongoose
No votes

MovingPictures07
Boomslang (9)
5%

nijuukyugou
No votes

reywaS
No votes

Roxy
No votes

Russtifinko
Snow Dog (10), Made (11), Elohcin (18), Long Con (20)
19%

sabie12
No votes

Snow Dog
Roxy (7)
5%

spacedaisy
S~V~S (2)
5%

S~V~S
No votes

timmer
No votes

zeek
No votes

A Person (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), Dom (3), Metalmarsh89 (4), Black Rock (8)
19%

Total votes : 21
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

That's the thing. Guys, who came up with the Russ case? TYLER DURDEN. MP will stop at nothing to make sure that none of his recruits or his narrator DIE. And you all followed him gaily down the path. He doesn't give a FUCK who gets lynched as long as it isn't a recruit or his narrator, for fuck's sake. Obviously DH is a recruit or the narrator, MP won't touch him. And he won't touch Snowy because he KNOWS IT WILL PROVE DH IS BAD.

So whatever happens here, the next time MP pulls the thread away from a case, can you all just remember why he is doing it? We know DH is a recruit now, at least.
My siggie.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Uh, wow. I am honestly shocked I didn't take the most votes there. Thanks for trusting Daisy, I guess, all. Hopefully it works out.

Lynch is a wake-up call to me to participate more, so that's good I guess. I feel invested in the game now haha.

Linki: timmer has a very good point. I kinda wish I had thought of that earlier. On the one hand, I do get the feeling that MP is legitimately trying to get baddies, he's just looking in the wrong places with me. But I guess that's what he'd want us to think no matter what. His behavior totally explains protecting DH.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

EBWOP: timmer's theory explains MPs behavior of protecting DH.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

timmer wrote:That's the thing. Guys, who came up with the Russ case? TYLER DURDEN. MP will stop at nothing to make sure that none of his recruits or his narrator DIE. And you all followed him gaily down the path. He doesn't give a FUCK who gets lynched as long as it isn't a recruit or his narrator, for fuck's sake. Obviously DH is a recruit or the narrator, MP won't touch him. And he won't touch Snowy because he KNOWS IT WILL PROVE DH IS BAD.

So whatever happens here, the next time MP pulls the thread away from a case, can you all just remember why he is doing it? We know DH is a recruit now, at least.
:feb:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm sure I don't have much time left, so I want to use it to further express how incredibly disappointed I am in you guys.
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 268

Post by zeek »

Right now, the only two people I trust in any major way are timmer and S~V~S. So, message received, loud and clear.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MP I fucking supported you too. What a viper you turned out to be. Last time I ever do that. Don't even talk to me if you see me in a game again.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Long Con wrote:MP I fucking supported you too. What a viper you turned out to be. Last time I ever do that. Don't even talk to me if you see me in a game again.
You can't really blame him, though? He IS technically playing his role to the best of his abilities. Honestly, he could have tried to turn the thread onto any of us, anyone who is not a recruit, basically. He's playing his part very well, I think. It just sucks that so many are blind to it, is all.
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Look, man, I'm really sorry. Nothing personal at all.

I know it's frustrating, but let's remember that this has been FUN and that it's just a game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

timmer wrote:
Long Con wrote:MP I fucking supported you too. What a viper you turned out to be. Last time I ever do that. Don't even talk to me if you see me in a game again.
You can't really blame him, though? He IS technically playing his role to the best of his abilities. Honestly, he could have tried to turn the thread onto any of us, anyone who is not a recruit, basically. He's playing his part very well, I think. It just sucks that so many are blind to it, is all.
Frankly, I was shocked when people actually started listening to me. I thought for sure after the earlier discussion that I couldn't have pulled anything like this off.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Elohcin »

I know I haven't caught up yet, but I have to say i agree with LC and Timmer. And, I can't believe people listened to you either MP.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

To be fair, though, I have been transparent with my thought process, and I could have just let Russ die.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
timmer wrote:
Frankly, I was shocked when people actually started listening to me. I thought for sure after the earlier discussion that I couldn't have pulled anything like this off.
So you admit you put one over on us and DH is your recruit or your narrator?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

So I just read back and saw what Daisy found in my posts. I want it publicly noted that I do not and will not role hint in this game, or any other. Don't want anything taken the wrong way.

That said, I appreciate the trust even if it was given for wrong reasons, and I hope to prove my civvie intentions going forward.

Linki: LOL MP. That is kind of hilarious, in a twisted kind of way. You are an evil genius.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Whatever. There wasn't even a case against me, just a bunch of idiots who obviously don't know what they're doing.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm just playing my part in this game out, but I assure all of you, that if I had any idea that anything I have done in this game would upset people like it has, that I would have seriously considered NOT doing those things. I have meant absolutely no offense or to anger or hurt anyone's feelings. It makes me sad, honestly.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
timmer wrote:
So you admit you put one over on us and DH is your recruit or your narrator?
Where did I admit that?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Cyclops anyone?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

zeek wrote:Cyclops anyone?
If Cyclops voted for Russ, at best we'd have a tie.
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

It won't matter. I'm dead. Cyclops can't help me.

Again, you guys are the worst. I hope DH continues to twist you all around his finger like dead-eyed zombies. He's very good at it, and I tip my hat to him.

At least HE knows how to play Mafia.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LC, I know you're pretty pissed, and rightfully so. I just hope you can forgive me and realize it was absolutely nothing personal -- and frankly, that I would have rather it been someone else, and that I recognize there was no case and very little discussion. I hope players especially recognize that Blooper voted you and still has yet to explain her vote.

You can't blame me.

I just wanted to destroy something beautiful.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Epignosis »

The Same Decaying Organic Matter as Everything Else.
After passing through the Misty Mountains, the grey wizard and the Champions beheld a city unlike any he had ever seen.

“What is it?” asked A Person.

“This is a city, the likes of which I have never seen.”

“Ture,” said Vompatti. “It’s called Wilmington, Delaware k”

A stranger came out of the one of the ruinous buildings and made a beeline for the old wizard.

“You're not your order. You're not how much gold you have in your pockets. You're not the horse you ride. You're not the contents of your purse. You're not your fucking robes. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

“Excuse me,” said a little hobbit named Bilbo Baggins, “But I believe that the Shire-folk are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.” And the hobbit nodded as though he was authoritative on the subject.

Tyler Durden looked at the hobbit. “What the fuck is that?”

“What is your business, son of Gondor?” the wizard demanded.

“Son of what? Listen, bitch, welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You DO NOT talk about Fight Club! Third rule of Fight Club: Someone yells ‘Stop,’ goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: Only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule: One fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: No shirts, no shoes. Seventh rule: Fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight.”

“I am too old for this shit,” said the grey wizard. “You so-called ‘Champions’ are on your own.” The bearded one whispered to a flying insect and asked it to summon an eagle. A carriage borne on four wheels came up the filthy avenue. The old man rolled his eyes, got in, and rode away.

“What an old asshole. OK. Let’s get this shit going. I’m gonna let you pick who you want to fight, deal? Thing is, though, if you pick Tyler Durden, he’s gonna fuck you up, and tomorrow is going to be one painful-ass day for you if you're not one of his.”

Hedgeowl has been lynched. She was Omega Red.
Roxy has died a mysterious death.
It is now Night 6. You have 23 hours to submit your PMs.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

LOLWUT?
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Well, clearly I am the asshole here. I don't know how that happened. I'm still upset at that travesty of a lynch. I understand if you all think I'm "100% Dick" now.

RIP Hedgeowl, and WTF?
timmer
Racketeer

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Night 6]

Post by timmer »

I'm guessing Omega Red wasn't submitting names each night, and the votes just accumulated? What an appropriately fucked up end to a fucked up lynch.
My siggie.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Elohcin »

Just b/c you weren't lynched doesn't mean you were an asshole. I still think MP basically outed that he is on the baddies side.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

And Roxy voted for Snowy and died. That's it, I'm telling y'all right now, I'm no longer budging from my Snowy/DH case. I will vote them, starting with Snowy, until they or I am dead. Roxy's death fucking seals it. Dammit Alex, I'm sorry if you picked DH as a recruit or as your narrator but he and Snowy are bad, and must DIE.
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I guess someone took pity on me and switched it to Hedgeowl.

I'm still upset about the way that lynch was handled. Now I have to stay in this game and live with myself.

At least I can try and get some revenge on the people who tried to kill me.

Linki: Thanks Elohcin, but I was clearly being an asshole. I thought it was my last chance to ever say anything in this game, and I was very upset, so I didn't want to stop.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I'm not sure I believe you don't know what happened, LC, but I hope you stop hurling abuse now at least.

Nice to see a baddie die that we simply wouldn't have got otherwise.

Wonder what happened to Roxy. Poisoned? The "I am death" thing not a real life illness?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

timmer wrote:And Roxy voted for Snowy and died. That's it, I'm telling y'all right now, I'm no longer budging from my Snowy/DH case. I will vote them, starting with Snowy, until they or I am dead. Roxy's death fucking seals it. Dammit Alex, I'm sorry if you picked DH as a recruit or as your narrator but he and Snowy are bad, and must DIE.
You, I would gay-marry.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I don't think the lynch was switched LC, I think Hedge wasn't draining people each night and thus accumulated enough votes to die.

And I'm not even going to get distracted by DH, SNOWY YOU GET MY VOTE FOREVER UNTIL YOU DIE.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

And there is no point in going into details, but I'm fairly certain Roxy was civ, too :(
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

zeek wrote:I'm not sure I believe you don't know what happened, LC, but I hope you stop hurling abuse now at least.

Nice to see a baddie die that we simply wouldn't have got otherwise.

Wonder what happened to Roxy. Poisoned? The "I am death" thing not a real life illness?
I would have probably maintained a shred of dignity if I had known it was going to be switched to Hedgy. Call it WIFOM if you will, but it is the truth.

Lini: OMG Timmer you must be right. I am the luckiest jerk around. Wow.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Well this was quite the thread to follow along while on Theraflu. Yikes. I have no idea what just happened. What in the what.

Timmer -- Sabie posting in my game makes me very suspicious there's a set reason she can't post in this game (as someone alluded to yesterday -- DH I think?).

Yall, I know I am doing as poor as poop in this game, and I'm super sorry. I'm off work tomorrow again for being sick, so let's see how it goes. Maybe I can enjoy a vibrant game of sick kid mafia this weekend.

<3

linki @ LC -- Awwwww :)

linki2 - the timing of her death was WILD. But yeah, I'd wager any amount of money she was civ.

linki 3 - It happens to the best of us.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I'm confused by the poll. Do we have to pick MP?
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Who wants to fight me?

It might feel like kicking one of the shelter puppies in those Sarah McLachlan videos!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Long Con wrote:
timmer wrote:And Roxy voted for Snowy and died. That's it, I'm telling y'all right now, I'm no longer budging from my Snowy/DH case. I will vote them, starting with Snowy, until they or I am dead. Roxy's death fucking seals it. Dammit Alex, I'm sorry if you picked DH as a recruit or as your narrator but he and Snowy are bad, and must DIE.
You, I would gay-marry.
My siggie.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I am going to pick Lizzy to fight. Hopefully she will not have much fight in her, though I have no idea what the fight is all about.

Congratulations LC, I'm glad it turned out this way.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Epignosis wrote:“What an old asshole. OK. Let’s get this shit going. I’m gonna let you pick who you want to fight, deal? Thing is, though, if you pick Tyler Durden, he’s gonna fuck you up, and tomorrow is going to be one painful-ass day for you if you're not one of his.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

zeek wrote:
Epignosis wrote:“What an old asshole. OK. Let’s get this shit going. I’m gonna let you pick who you want to fight, deal? Thing is, though, if you pick Tyler Durden, he’s gonna fuck you up, and tomorrow is going to be one painful-ass day for you if you're not one of his.
I clearly am... was... in the mood to fight someone. I'm inclined to pick DH because he's been the guy for me for so long, but at least he had a real reason to vote for me. Like, you know, making Mafia cases against me, etc. Also, I'd say he's definitely a Fight Club recruit, so that scares me in a fighting situation.

I'm going to fight someone who voted for me. I'd love to fight MP because I'm still upset with him for picking me to sodomize, but I don't want to get "fucked up" as Epig said.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Is this like the Day 2 thing, where we each have to pick the person who picked us, and you can't pick someone already picked? Just two-person fights?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I think voting for MP would probably be a dumb decision for anyone, all things considered. I'll vote for Snowy. :feb:
My siggie.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

timmer wrote:I think voting for MP would probably be a dumb decision for anyone, all things considered. I'll vote for Snowy. :feb:
Whose only voter died mysteriously? Cool... go for it..?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I'll go S~V~S cause I'd prefer to fight someone I think is good.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

zeek wrote:
timmer wrote:I think voting for MP would probably be a dumb decision for anyone, all things considered. I'll vote for Snowy. :feb:
Whose only voter died mysteriously? Cool... go for it..?
I've never heard of a role power, if that's even what that was and not some other b.s., that worked in a night poll. But now that you say this... yeah, maybe it's safer to pick someone else, anyway. Just to be safe. LOL.
My siggie.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”