Ranmilia
No votes
tedxtr
No votes
No elimination
No votes
No vote / Unvote
No votes
Needing AppleTV subscription (non-players)
36%

Total votes: 11
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 262
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Severance [Phase Zero]

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

pyxxy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:19 pm dont worry it's strictly personal and not business

since I have no idea what's going on at work
Ran, got a theory?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Or anybody who seems to care about this sorta thing
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 390
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:53 pm Image
Gira
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 305

Post by Gira »

pyxxy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:23 pm I'm gonna say this now sorry if someone got it it between p7 and current

I don't think this is a 26/27/28 player game

having watched ½ of the first episode of Severance, I could see a setup with "13" players where if you die at work you die in real life and vice versa

maybe something weird where they only get to play during our "nights", thus the phase zero was their "D1" (otherwise really boring to have ~13 people sit around for 72 hours?)

no deaths ofc bc it would also suck to kill someone on this side of the work-life balance before we even got to play

all theoretical ofc ✨

someone please tell me the normal # of scum for a 13p, ty in advance
13p is 10:3 basically always
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Ranmilia wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:46 pm I've played with TSP on the ground twice, technically, but in both games he got mech cleared/essentially mech cleared and was only alive with me for one day phase. I've read a few more of his games and every one where he was scum I saw a great disparity, he basically phoned in the game and didn't play or contribute any complex thought at any point. So there is that. I'm sure he has better scum games but that is what forms my baseline. And in this game specifically, he entered posting a lot of stuff about me which is correct and (in my eyes) fairly insightful and beyond anything I've seen him do as a wolf.

... granted that does amount to "he's buttering up me specifically and talking about me specifically." So there is that too.
maybe my memory is wrong

brb
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1023
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:23 pm I'm gonna say this now sorry if someone got it it between p7 and current

having watched ½ of the first episode of Severance, I could see a setup with "13" players where if you die at work you die in real life and vice versa

maybe something weird where they only get to play during our "nights", thus the phase zero was their "D1" (otherwise really boring to have ~13 people sit around for 72 hours?)

no deaths ofc bc it would also suck to kill someone on this side of the work-life balance before we even got to play

all theoretical ofc ✨

We can't see this thread when logged out, so chances are that the other fourteen can't see this at all. I haven't seen anyone not of the thirteen viewing this thread, which corroborates this belief. Thus, it is likely that what we do here is likely of no effect to the other fourteen.

As for number of wolves in thirteen, three is standard in mountainous, but depending on the power roles and/or possible independents, two and four are plausible as well.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 411
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

pyxxy, i thought about the thing where they play during our nights, but then the night actions would be split which seems like a disaster

guess we’ll have to see
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Gira wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:28 pm

all theoretical ofc ✨

13p is 10:3 basically always
girissimo strikes again

(ty)

so yeah. solving for 3 then

does that seem unbalanced? ofc that hinges on these being "soul-linked" games. I think I'll keep watching the show and see what happens. it seems unfun for the host/very swingy if the die in the game die in real life thing was a real mechanic here. maybe the games balance each other somehow instead
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:31 pm pyxxy, i thought about the thing where they play during our nights, but then the night actions would be split which seems like a disaster

guess we’ll have to see
this is a good point. consider me moving towards 2 simul games that are somehow linked, lots of handwaving around "somehow"
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Ok confession I thought severance was the one where they were all trying to inherit dad’s company
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Most likely this is just a split thread game and the threads will merge after a certain point. I'm most interested in the apparent asymmetry here, but there's no use speculating on it now.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

With Leetic on the situation on the ground. But it’s phase zero so no harm in discussing it a bit
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:34 pm
tedxtr wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:31 pm pyxxy, i thought about the thing where they play during our nights, but then the night actions would be split which seems like a disaster

guess we’ll have to see
this is a good point. consider me moving towards 2 simul games that are somehow linked, lots of handwaving around "somehow"
Mechanical speculation is an easy thing for wolves to generate. I want to know yoiur thoughts on the people we're actually playing with.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 363
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they

Post by Ranmilia »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:27 pm
pyxxy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:19 pm dont worry it's strictly personal and not business

Ran, got a theory?
Several, but the biggest one rn is that we will probably get more mech details in a few hours when the actual day phase starts. I don't see a point in posting mech spec until then.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:36 pm Most likely this is just a split thread game and the threads will merge after a certain point. I'm most interested in the apparent asymmetry here, but there's no use speculating on it now.
i don’t see why that warrants questioning

seemed like the hosts were fine with either / or 26/27. if we’re 27, it’s only normal one thread would have 14
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Ranmilia wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:39 pm

Ran, got a theory?
Several, but the biggest one rn is that we will probably get more mech details in a few hours when the actual day phase starts. I don't see a point in posting mech spec until then.
Not what I meant exactly
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

v
leetic
tsp
wwa

is about where im at rn
ImageImageImageImage
pyxxy
Racketeer

Re: Severance [Phase Zero

Post by pyxxy »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:26 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:20 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:17 pm Pyxxy town
Elaborate.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:59 pm The top poster, a presumably obvious town player, and me, a person pyxxy has never played with and cannot possibly have garnered a real read on.

Huh ok reading back the only game pyxxy and I played together and noting that I need to start actually considering suspicions instead of hiding them with the word “presumably”

Anyways level zero meta read off one game tbh. Which is probably kinda bad
only *real game

secret playerlist and GoC 2022 as well
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

We played a secret player list game ?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Did I no show
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

pyxxy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:30 pm
Ranmilia wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:46 pm I've played with TSP on the ground twice, technically, but in both games he got mech cleared/essentially mech cleared and was only alive with me for one day phase. I've read a few more of his games and every one where he was scum I saw a great disparity, he basically phoned in the game and didn't play or contribute any complex thought at any point. So there is that. I'm sure he has better scum games but that is what forms my baseline. And in this game specifically, he entered posting a lot of stuff about me which is correct and (in my eyes) fairly insightful and beyond anything I've seen him do as a wolf.

... granted that does amount to "he's buttering up me specifically and talking about me specifically." So there is that too.
maybe my memory is wrong

brb
my memory doesn't seem to be wrong

hotdog fingers aka the example TSP brought up, lowposted through D1
search.php?keywords=&t=2508&author=Tony ... sf=msgonly

GoC 2022, lowposted but idk seems different maybe
secret playerlist was secret playerlist and posted a bit more but not as seriously as here

TSP what's a scum game that you're proud of
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:45 pm Did I no show
nah but you were probably an NPC so I'm excluding it also the game had 5 bajillion pages
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:37 pm

guess we’ll have to see
Mechanical speculation is an easy thing for wolves to generate. I want to know yoiur thoughts on the people we're actually playing with.
It's easy for wolves to post pointless nagging on players they totally remember playing with yet want to GTH town that same player for the easy pocket.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

tsp, how do you feel about ranmilia’s read on you?

you feel like someone could comfortably call you out of wolf range at the point they did?
ImageImageImageImage
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:35 pm Ok confession I thought severance was the one where they were all trying to inherit dad’s company
...............shit now I like TSP >.<
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Ranmilia wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:39 pm

Ran, got a theory?
.............this sounds smart
WindwardAway
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 497
Preferred Pronouns: she/her, any

Post by WindwardAway »

Ranmilia wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:10 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:53 pm
Ranmilia wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:00 pm
tedxtr wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:53 pm im not aware of how much leetic's improved, but a lot of years ago, if he was not being influential, he was a wolf. this is basically a full 180 from that, so i lean village

if he's decided to emulate this as his wolfgame, then godspeed. it's draining

and imo you should put wwa in villa list, it's possible they could've faked their reaction to my mech callout, but it doesn't seem that way to me. i kinda lean a wolf would know exactly what i mean, and not that people haven't posted. if it's faked on the spot then it's a pretty witty frame swap
Yeah the mech is definitely a thing. I suppose we're far enough in now that I can say that's also what I was doing.

@leetic So, remember my first post? It wasn't fluff, it's a quote from the TV show the game is based on, and it has a meaning in context. It was indeed a friendly opener but also it was a probe to see who would recognize it and be familiar with the flavor. leetic, wind and pyxxy all showed they were unfamiliar, Gira seemed to catch it (and also affirmed this signal back as early as p#88 and reaffirmed it recently when ted brought the mech up again).
What exactly are you trying to glean from whether or not people are familiar with the flavor? If the answer is "nothing", it's still fluff
Is it not obvious? Wolves have information, presumably including information on the mechanics beyond what we know. Wolves also share information, if one wolf knows something from the flavor then probably all wolves know it, unless they specifically think to fake this. Kind of the point of the game. At the very least I don't think Gira is likely wolf partners with wind, leetic or pyxxy. And hopefully, depending on what the mech gimmicks actually turn out to be, later on we'll be able to look back at these different responses in the earlygame and make even more reads on things like that.
Eh, I've seen wolves previously unfamiliar with the flavor continue to act unfamiliar with the flavor even if they learned more from the scumteam (myself included, in a previous game). Up to you what to do with that info, though.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:48 pm

guess we’ll have to see
It's easy for wolves to post pointless nagging on players they totally remember playing with yet want to GTH town that same player for the easy pocket.
This is the lamest attempt at shading I've seen in my entire life
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:49 pm tsp, how do you feel about ranmilia’s read on you?

you feel like someone could comfortably call you out of wolf range at the point they did?
Seemed a bit bizarre tbh. I tried to look back, I can’t really understand how Ran would have missed like the period of “tsp is dominant wolf” but it might have been mostly on the syndicate
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

all theoretical ofc ✨

Are you suggesting that we're bound to someone in the other thread? Like whoever dies in this thread, dies in the other, and vice versa? That would possibly mean 4 eliminations per day which seems a bit excessive.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:52 pm

guess we’ll have to see
You thinking that you are in any way an authority of what is and is not lame is funny enough to have me institutionalized for pseudobulbar affect
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:52 pm
tedxtr wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:49 pm tsp, how do you feel about ranmilia’s read on you?

Seemed a bit bizarre tbh. I tried to look back, I can’t really understand how Ran would have missed like the period of “tsp is dominant wolf” but it might have been mostly on the syndicate
ye, it kinda bugs me how they characterized you as like a total noob, which is def not the case

though i guess i can see their angle given you focused on them from their pov, but im still kinda irked they had 0 skepticism as to whether your read was legit or not
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Also then which wolf game of mine did Ran spec?
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Dyslexicon »

In my mind, TSP specifically is known to post more and give more effort as wolf than as town.

Although, in reality, I think it all varies.

But I'll take the town spew on TSP.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

WindwardAway wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:53 pm

all theoretical ofc ✨

Are you suggesting that we're bound to someone in the other thread? Like whoever dies in this thread, dies in the other, and vice versa? That would possibly mean 4 eliminations per day which seems a bit excessive.
ya I reached this conclusion too a little while later I just like to stream of conscious my mech thoughts, makes it feel easier
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I think Ran correctly read my Schweppes posts from the perspective of me trying to solve Ran which is a statement which means relatively nothing about Ran
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

100% mafia win rate on MU let’s go

Not counting all the losses of which there might be some
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:55 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:52 pm

guess we’ll have to see
You thinking that you are in any way an authority of what is and is not lame is funny enough to have me institutionalized for pseudobulbar affect
At least I'm doing more than whining and engaging in pointless mechanical speculation.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:55 pm In my mind, TSP specifically is known to post more and give more effort as wolf than as town.

This is hedgy. Got any thoughts on what they actually posted?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Regardless I have not played mafia regularly in nearly 2 years and do not have anywhere near the ability to cultivate a healthy meta and therefore you shouldn’t trust any of that and Ran definitely ought to know better (?)
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

I don't think the mech spec is pointless, but I also dont think it's worth trying to convince leetic that it's somewhat important.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I’ll say it

Leetic is bad for thread health (this is a meme)
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Not Leetic stealing my custom post rank

I don't know if I can recover
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:00 pm I’ll say it

*cue the thread health comments*
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:00 pm I don't think the mech spec is pointless, but I also dont think it's worth trying to convince leetic that it's somewhat important.
1. It isn't telling us about anyone's alignment and 2. it isn't telling us how we should proceed. Mechanical discussion can be useful, but now isn't one of those times.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 363
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they

Post by Ranmilia »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:55 pm Also then which wolf game of mine did Ran spec?
Syndicate games a couple of years ago. Around the one where there was the loyal dayvig godfather, although I think not that one exactly because you hosted that one? but they were around that time frame, like within the year after champs s7. Enough people are telling me I'm wrong though that I'm mentally throwing it out. ... but I still think you're town from play and reactions. Shrugze.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:59 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:55 pm In my mind, TSP specifically is known to post more and give more effort as wolf than as town.

No, I haven't read their posts.

I am once again, unlikely to answer your questions. And if I do, unlikely to be in a way that satisfies you. We will have to manage.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:00 pm I’ll say it

If I'm bad for thread health, then maybe that means thread health itself is bad
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:02 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:59 pm

No, I haven't read their posts.

I am once again, unlikely to answer your questions. And if I do, unlikely to be in a way that satisfies you. We will have to manage.
If you haven't read their posts, then why did you make a read on them? Are you just pulling names out of a hat?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:01 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:00 pm I don't think the mech spec is pointless, but I also dont think it's worth trying to convince leetic that it's somewhat important.
1. It isn't telling us about anyone's alignment and 2. it isn't telling us how we should proceed. Mechanical discussion can be useful, but now isn't one of those times.
Nothing is going to tell us how we should proceed on D0, lol.

Return to “Previous Jobs”