Ranmilia
No votes
tedxtr
No votes
No elimination
No votes
No vote / Unvote
No votes
Needing AppleTV subscription (non-players)
36%

Total votes: 11
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 390
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Re: Severance [Evening One]

Post by pyxxy »

mac, gira

who can tell those two apart anyway
WindwardAway
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 497
Preferred Pronouns: she/her, any

Post by WindwardAway »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:02 am
WindwardAway wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:01 am Who was it who said that they'd take TSP as townspewed because someone must've TMI'd him?
that was gira bruv
Thanks lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 166

Post by MacDougall »

and I've had beers I still got better memory than this dawg
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Gira wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:32 pm i'm going to just assume at least some of the townreads on tsp are tmi on his alignment and take him as town because usually when someone is getting defended and i don't really see it that's what's going on. i just don't know who is doing it as of right now
oop
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

pyxxy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:03 am mac, gira

who can tell those two apart anyway
fuck u bresh
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:03 am and I've had beers I still got better memory than this dawg
this may be true but I findy the things v fast
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Also yeah this game is plurality only, I forgot
Kept thinking it was a hammer only cause I've been playing those lately
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I did agree widdit tho... still do yo
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

[VOTE: robyn] aubergine

Sorry Robyn ily but I do think you're strategizing like a wolf rn
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

WindwardAway wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:05 am [VOTE: robyn] aubergine

Also I kinda townread the other 4 voters on that wagon lol
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1023
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Wasn't their last post at midnight EST?

(And yes, here I am up at 4. Perhaps I should move to the Aleutians)
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 411
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:58 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:40 am Literally never seen any town make that read ever cuz Rondo is a total maniac and everyone has the fear. Explain the read cuz it's hecka tilting me.
my top villa read is tsp

i was asking you why you wolfread rondo, cuz i was falling for his posting
Cuz the mother fuck did some wolfy ass shit even tho he did some town shit cuz that mother fuck can't help himself
wolfy shit, such as?

i’m not asking you to wolfread you, so don’t be shy. i just wanna know to not take my wolfread off him for some minor good posting with emotion
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Oh yeah and I meant to also point out, notice how Robyn retracted the Bereft take when it seemed like there was danger that there was a real dichotomy being forced between them and almost nobody was voting Bereft (other than Robyn and me, and I had gone afk)
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Although the way robyn dipped was a bit weird. Town does sometimes implode due to frustration, but the way robyn handled it felt like it came out of nowhere.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:07 am

Do you just literally interpret everything that people type, or what?
I did not mean literally right now. I meant in terms of this game, and for context, everything that I just dumped in that wallpost.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:08 am Although the way robyn dipped was a bit weird. Town does sometimes implode due to frustration, but the way robyn handled it felt like it came out of nowhere.
I think they can do that as either alignment, but the fact that it was when they had pressure and couldn't get more votes on Bereft, and paired it with rescinding their scumread on Bereft, is more of a red flag.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 363
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they

Post by Ranmilia »

WindwardAway wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:57 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:45 am
WindwardAway wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:44 am Is it time to tell you why I was entertaining Robyn and voting Bereft? Or should I save it for later?
fuck yeh it's time
Ok so I was asking earlier when Robyn was wavering on their Bereft take, and then Bereft seemed to have listed Robyn as a scumread. I didn't want to force a dichotomy between them because it would go terribly if I was wrong, but I wanted to poke around and see what people's reasons for scum reading Robyn were (the reasons for people scumreading Bereft were very clearly that he was gimmick posting).

Robyn claimed that they could solve both Bereft and me within the first 24hours, which resulted in them expressing a townread on me and what seemed like a throwaway scumread on Bereft,which is why I was trying to gauge their confidence in that read (and unfortunately, I was unable to gauge how confident Bereft was in his read on Robyn but maybe someone else picked that up).

I did actually think, once Bereft posted about the objects and put down the first 3 votes, that he was slightly towny for doing so solving under the gimmick. I believe Robyn picked up on this and decided to commit to the bereft push because it would be pretty easy for others to follow without much convincing. The real hindrance to that would be the dissenters who thought Robyn themself was a wolf, however.

Earlier in the game, I did think Robyn's read on Ranmilia was satisfactory enough that I wasn't going to question Robyn right away. I decided it was mildly towny enough and that I could probably leave their slot and see how it goes, so I took to responding to the scumreads on Robyn to figure out what their logic was (or at least, I tried to). So then when Robyn was trying to butter me up and also ask for my readlist, I decided to be sneaky and just not give it (but also because I was too lazy to type it up) and see what behavior I could observe.

I expressed low confidence in my current reads and no real scumreads. This was true enough, and as you pointed out earlier in someone else's case (TSP?), Robyn went straight for pocketing me after I said that. I decided I would vote for Bereft to force the dichotomy between them, correct or not, but without saying that's what I was doing. I downplayed my interpretation of bereft's posts in order to do this, and made a paranoia post that allowed Robyn to amplify it (TSP picked up on this, but thought I looked bad for sowing paranoia in saying that highposters contained a wolf). What I said in response to his vote on me after I caught up was that he should look for who reacted to that post. The answer should be Robyn, because Robyn immediately echoed that sentiment and told the thread that I was "correctly" voicing concern that there was an active wolf. In my opinion, if Robyn is a wolf, then they ARE the most active wolf commenting on my post. If I were more accurate and someone who was a wolf with Robyn was more active than them, they would not want to amplify that.

Sorry this is so longwinded, and also I'm not voting Robyn right now because I don't want to encourage a hammer until closer to the voting deadline. So I just voted pyxxy so that I'm voting somewhere, lol (sorry pyxxy).
So to boil this down you think robyn was pocketing/manipulating you like mac described?

sorry my brain is getting major mafia fatigue (i legit would not have signed on if i knew this was gonna have a 72h d1)

i believe hammer ios never enabled. unfortunately.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:07 am
tedxtr wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:58 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:40 am Literally never seen any town make that read ever cuz Rondo is a total maniac and everyone has the fear. Explain the read cuz it's hecka tilting me.
my top villa read is tsp

i was asking you why you wolfread rondo, cuz i was falling for his posting
Cuz the mother fuck did some wolfy ass shit even tho he did some town shit cuz that mother fuck can't help himself
wolfy shit, such as?

i’m not asking you to wolfread you, so don’t be shy. i just wanna know to not take my wolfread off him for some minor good posting with emotion
I ain't shy I already said what it was for... he did do some very sussy voting
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

and?
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Ranmilia wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:10 am
WindwardAway wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:44 am Is it time to tell you why I was entertaining Robyn and voting Bereft? Or should I save it for later?
fuck yeh it's time
Ok so I was asking earlier when Robyn was wavering on their Bereft take, and then Bereft seemed to have listed Robyn as a scumread. I didn't want to force a dichotomy between them because it would go terribly if I was wrong, but I wanted to poke around and see what people's reasons for scum reading Robyn were (the reasons for people scumreading Bereft were very clearly that he was gimmick posting).

Robyn claimed that they could solve both Bereft and me within the first 24hours, which resulted in them expressing a townread on me and what seemed like a throwaway scumread on Bereft,which is why I was trying to gauge their confidence in that read (and unfortunately, I was unable to gauge how confident Bereft was in his read on Robyn but maybe someone else picked that up).

I did actually think, once Bereft posted about the objects and put down the first 3 votes, that he was slightly towny for doing so solving under the gimmick. I believe Robyn picked up on this and decided to commit to the bereft push because it would be pretty easy for others to follow without much convincing. The real hindrance to that would be the dissenters who thought Robyn themself was a wolf, however.

Earlier in the game, I did think Robyn's read on Ranmilia was satisfactory enough that I wasn't going to question Robyn right away. I decided it was mildly towny enough and that I could probably leave their slot and see how it goes, so I took to responding to the scumreads on Robyn to figure out what their logic was (or at least, I tried to). So then when Robyn was trying to butter me up and also ask for my readlist, I decided to be sneaky and just not give it (but also because I was too lazy to type it up) and see what behavior I could observe.

I expressed low confidence in my current reads and no real scumreads. This was true enough, and as you pointed out earlier in someone else's case (TSP?), Robyn went straight for pocketing me after I said that. I decided I would vote for Bereft to force the dichotomy between them, correct or not, but without saying that's what I was doing. I downplayed my interpretation of bereft's posts in order to do this, and made a paranoia post that allowed Robyn to amplify it (TSP picked up on this, but thought I looked bad for sowing paranoia in saying that highposters contained a wolf). What I said in response to his vote on me after I caught up was that he should look for who reacted to that post. The answer should be Robyn, because Robyn immediately echoed that sentiment and told the thread that I was "correctly" voicing concern that there was an active wolf. In my opinion, if Robyn is a wolf, then they ARE the most active wolf commenting on my post. If I were more accurate and someone who was a wolf with Robyn was more active than them, they would not want to amplify that.

Sorry this is so longwinded, and also I'm not voting Robyn right now because I don't want to encourage a hammer until closer to the voting deadline. So I just voted pyxxy so that I'm voting somewhere, lol (sorry pyxxy).
So to boil this down you think robyn was pocketing/manipulating you like mac described?

sorry my brain is getting major mafia fatigue (i legit would not have signed on if i knew this was gonna have a 72h d1)

It says in the OP that there's no hammer. Thankfully, I might add. Makes sense, as you'd want to keep the two threads in sync.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

WindwardAway wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:08 am Oh yeah and I meant to also point out, notice how Robyn retracted the Bereft take when it seemed like there was danger that there was a real dichotomy being forced between them and almost nobody was voting Bereft (other than Robyn and me, and I had gone afk)
and yet Bereft does seem to be trying to tell me I'm a dumbass for sussing her... what make u of dat?
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Ranmilia wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:10 am
fuck yeh it's time

Yeah, it matched the pattern that Mac revealed as possibly trying to pocket TSP (or at least to control his reads somewhat). And I found that a pretty solid case against Robyn.

Some people can easily pocket me, others can't. It really depends on how paranoid I'm feeling and how closely I'm paying attention, lol.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

WindwardAway wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:58 am
pyxxy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:47 am
Ranmilia wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:47 am
HURRY UP PLEASE IT'S TIME
#thirstyformech
There was no mech involved lol, I was just baiting Robyn to see what they'd do. Sometimes I lie about my reads, other times I just intentionally withhold them.
wind is town btw
and yes it's weird pyxxy jumped to mech thirst there.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:10 am

and?
Someone who's not here can't be strategizing "right now". Though this was already addressed
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

i think my vote will be in abi / bereft / rondo

don’t particularly care to reread and get a better feel for the game. it’s prolly a bad sign im sussing 2 of my voters since it seems like mostly villas do it on here, but c’est la vie, in my low investment mode i haven’t picked up on anything egregious from the more active posters
ImageImageImageImage
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

ya I read robyn dipping as nai

but that's a good ass wall post wind :/
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:12 am i think my vote will be in abi / bereft / rondo

don’t particularly care to reread and get a better feel for the game. it’s prolly a bad sign im sussing 2 of my voters since it seems like mostly villas do it on here, but c’est la vie, in my low investment mode i haven’t picked up on anything egregious from the more active posters
Abby is a more active poster though. But enough with the nitpicks, I believe the three people you're voting are the same that received secret votes, what do you make of that?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:11 am
WindwardAway wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:08 am Oh yeah and I meant to also point out, notice how Robyn retracted the Bereft take when it seemed like there was danger that there was a real dichotomy being forced between them and almost nobody was voting Bereft (other than Robyn and me, and I had gone afk)
and yet Bereft does seem to be trying to tell me I'm a dumbass for sussing her... what make u of dat?
I don't particularly make anything of it. As I said, it's not really a true dichotomy between them. I get that they can soulread each other but I kinda wanted to know Bereft's thoughts on why Robyn would read him (or not read him) the way they did. Idk if I'll be able to decipher that, but let's see.

I'm still not 100% confident in this take, but it's actually the most solid case I have right now, with room for error. If Robyn comes back and wants to talk and defend themself then I will hear them out and recalibrate if needed.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

brah fear not Robyn do be not town I am pretty sure o dat
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:15 am
tedxtr wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:12 am i think my vote will be in abi / bereft / rondo

Abby is a more active poster though. But enough with the nitpicks, I believe the three people you're voting are the same that received secret votes, what do you make of that?
Bereft did not, but replace him with Robyn and those would be the three names.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Yeah, I'd love to stay up with y'all, but I really should be going to bed now. If you see me post again during nighttime EST today, tell me to go to bed
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Bereft
No votes
Voters: None
Dubz
14%
Voters: tedxtr, leetic
Dyslexicon
No votes
Gira
No votes
leetic
7%
Voters: pyxxy
MacDougall
No votes
☆Princess Abigail☆
7%
Voters: TonyStarkPrime
pyxxy
No votes
Ranmilia
No votes
robyn
36%
Voters: Ranmilia, WindwardAway, Dyslexicon, Gira, MacDougall
tedxtr
14%
Voters: RondoDimBuckle, Bereft
TonyStarkPrime
No votes
WindwardAway
No votes
No elimination
No votes
No vote / Unvote
7%
Voters: robyn
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:16 am Yeah, I'd love to stay up with y'all, but I really should be going to bed now. If you see me post again during nighttime EST today, tell me to go to bed
Get some sleep!
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:16 am

Bereft did not, but replace him with Robyn and those would be the three names.
More proof that I should probably go to bed now. Goodnight
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

yeah, i’ve also mentioned that. it prolly means it’s wrong, i didn’t get the feel i was correct with confidence on any wolfread i’ve made today, so i’m not stressing it

for the mechanic itself, it seems odd to come from someone in the other thread, but who knows, the game is odd enough as it is

i’d wager it’s the work of someone from our own thread, and maybeeee villagery, but there being 3 people who received this is worrisome

hedge is hedge but we really can’t know. i’m gonna likely choose to ignore it, but if i start to believe it comes from the wolfteam, i’m ghanna park on bereft prolly
ImageImageImageImage
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

those are the people who got secret votes...
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

i’d say it ~never comes from a villa in the other thread

could come from a wolf role in either thread

or a villa from ours

likelihood from least likely to most likely
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Ranmilia wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:20 am

those are the people who got secret votes...
refer to my #mechz explanation
ImageImageImageImage
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:18 am

yeah, i’ve also mentioned that. it prolly means it’s wrong, i didn’t get the feel i was correct with confidence on any wolfread i’ve made today, so i’m not stressing it

for the mechanic itself, it seems odd to come from someone in the other thread, but who knows, the game is odd enough as it is

i’d wager it’s the work of someone from our own thread, and maybeeee villagery, but there being 3 people who received this is worrisome

hedge is hedge but we really can’t know. i’m gonna likely choose to ignore it, but if i start to believe it comes from the wolfteam, i’m ghanna park on bereft prolly
I did have a weird thought that one of the people who claimed the extra vote might have been lying. Not sure how probable that is. But I mean if it's a wolf mechanic and a wolf claims it, it might falsely assure people that plurality would be on the wrong target if there are tied wagons in the votecount. And also throw people off of thinking it comes from wolves. Of course, since we can't see the extra votes, we can't know for sure if they're really there, but there's always a chance that someone who knows where they came from claimed to have one on them.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

u mad sus Ted brah
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Also I don't think pyxxy is ever partnered with Robyn because of his reaction when Robyn claimed to have an extra vote on them
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:22 am u mad sus Ted brah
does the sun rise in the morning?

say something new brah
ImageImageImageImage
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:21 am i’d say it ~never comes from a villa in the other thread

or a villa from ours

I would still bet on them being the result of non-intention e.g. people are paired between threads and being a wagon in one thread leads to getting a secret extra vote in this one, possibly going both ways

and on further reflection, possibly with a minimum # of votes to activate it so that vanity wagons don't just flood our poll and mess things up

also can't rule out rondo's self-vote theory unless I iso abigail and robyn and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm going to bed instead tyvm
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

I'm going back on Ted because I think Robyn/Ted wagons are a-ok to me at this point

[VOTE: ted] aubergine
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

pyxxy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:23 am
tedxtr wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:21 am i’d say it ~never comes from a villa in the other thread

or a villa from ours

I would still bet on them being the result of non-intention e.g. people are paired between threads and being a wagon in one thread leads to getting a secret extra vote in this one, possibly going both ways

and on further reflection, possibly with a minimum # of votes to activate it so that vanity wagons don't just flood our poll and mess things up

also can't rule out rondo's self-vote theory unless I iso abigail and robyn and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm going to bed instead tyvm
Rule it out, Robyn never self voted and I explicitly told Abbi there was no self voting before she could try it
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

if i die, the only confident reads i have are

v
mac
tsp
leetic
wwa

glgl. the tsp one ~could be wrong but gotta stick to something. the others im fairly confident on

if i care, i might make 1-2 more villa reads
ImageImageImageImage
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

WindwardAway wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:24 am
pyxxy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:23 am

or a villa from ours

Rule it out, Robyn never self voted and I explicitly told Abbi there was no self voting before she could try it
and so the ruler doth declare :llama:
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

why would people be paired between threads?
ImageImageImageImage
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

imagine a ted/leetic/robyn team. tough rand if true
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:26 am why would people be paired between threads?
severance game theme

Return to “Previous Jobs”