Ranmilia
No votes
tedxtr
No votes
No elimination
No votes
No vote / Unvote
No votes
Needing AppleTV subscription (non-players)
36%

Total votes: 11
WindwardAway
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 497
Preferred Pronouns: she/her, any

Re: Severance [Evening One]

Post by WindwardAway »

Bereft wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:54 pm Right, the morning. I can't exactly rely on being mentally present in the morning, can I?

I take some of the objects and turn on a desk lamp. Maybe shining a light on them will help.

Lets start with the disco ball.
You really want the disco ball gone, huh?

I feel like Robyn has greater wolf equity than Ted, which is why I'm on Robyn, but I've seen some reasonable thoughts on why Ted could be a wolf, and I also think both of them might flip wolf.

I guess you're not sold on w!Robyn, though?
Bereft
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: He etc.

Post by Bereft »

The stuffed [I don't what that thing is, the fam told me it was an anteater, and I don't believe them?] facsimile of an animal, locks eyes with me as I move towards the disco ball, daring me to stop from moving it for closer inspection. Yes, on a surface level, you can see the lines clearly, but that's just surface level, its a disco ball, its a pernicious thing, I've always hated dancing, we need o look inside. The comfort object's head chooses this moment to slip from its awkward positioning, looking at the doll. Ugh not the kewpie doll, the kewpie doll is the least of our problems. Despite this, I still feel like hugging the stuffed animal. Bad anteaters eat tiny ants, or at least that what I think I was told? Well, its not eating anything right now by the looks of it, poor guy.

But I was getting distracted. I lift the ball, finally.
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

The disco ball pays attention only to nobody itself. It thinks its too pretty and supposedly everyone at the dance party is just there to gaze at it and say how its so beautiful and all. Well no, that's not how it works actually, nobody who goes to dance parties actually cares about the disco ball all that much, they just glance at it, appreciate that its doing its stupid job and move on. But I'm digressing here.

The disco ball certainly knows how to reflect light. It was reflecting light at the tabasco bottle earlier, but all that light was doing was hurting visual faculties. The tabasco bottle doesn't have visual faculties but for the sake of analogy, [I'm in too deep, amn't I?] here, the light didn't do anything, the tabasco bottle was perfectly visible to anyone who looked at it, wtf was the point of the reflecting the light then.

The disco ball also constantly has it out for me, but this time they don't even bother to try reflecting light at me, it just sits there, doing jack$%#!, at least the tabasco bottle did a little rumbling around my insides, but the disco ball?

As far as I'm concerned the disco ball is actively unhelpful, this is not a dance party, you don't just get to say "lets have a merry good time, I'm sure if we just sit here and look pretty everything will be okay", its a crisis rn.

But what's even worse, it. It. IT. Why can't I explain IT.

~ Bereft
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

Everyone should maintain an appropriate work/life balance. Disco balls do not encourage this. ~ not Bereft
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

I don't remember what I was doing, but I feel like accomplished it, ah right, the disco ball. Think I've had quite enough for now.

I put the ball back on the wooden table, but keep the desk lamp on, wondering if I should do anymore work after that strange experience.

~ Bereft
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Huh, ok, thanks for the explanation.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

[VOTE: tedxtr] aubergine
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Ted is the disco ball, Robyn is the kewpie doll, and I'm probably the not-anteater?

Anyway, I'm tying the wagons for a bit, aside from the extra vote on robyn. I'll be around for a while longer, so I can move my vote again if needed. I want consolidation because of the (claimed) extra votes to ensure that we don't end the day in a tie.
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

I'm curious about the stuffed animal, so I snap a photo and Google it.

Well, would you look at that, its supposed to be a silky anteater, the more you know, I guess.

~ Bereft
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 166

Post by MacDougall »

I feel like wolf Robyn is playing brinkmanship with me. Just silently hoping I reevaluate as I'm prone to.
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

I imagined her in the kitchen.
Then it left.

I've always hated when she does this.

~ Bereft
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:55 pm I feel like wolf Robyn is playing brinkmanship with me. Just silently hoping I reevaluate as I'm prone to.
Wolf!Robyn would probably be hoping that all the most vocal townies reevaluate, you included
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 411
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

WindwardAway wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:38 pm Ted is the disco ball, Robyn is the kewpie doll, and I'm probably the not-anteater?

Anyway, I'm tying the wagons for a bit, aside from the extra vote on robyn. I'll be around for a while longer, so I can move my vote again if needed. I want consolidation because of the (claimed) extra votes to ensure that we don't end the day in a tie.
pretty sure even in a tie, someone dies
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:58 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:38 pm Ted is the disco ball, Robyn is the kewpie doll, and I'm probably the not-anteater?

Normally, yeah, but I don't remember seeing tie resolution in the OP (mightve missed it, though). I've seen some weird things happen in other games where the tie mechanic was different.
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1023
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

It will be chosen at random according to the OP.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

i think they like to have a tiebreaker role on syndicate, but it depends from host to host
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

or that
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 166

Post by MacDougall »

WindwardAway wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:58 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:55 pm I feel like wolf Robyn is playing brinkmanship with me. Just silently hoping I reevaluate as I'm prone to.
Wolf!Robyn would probably be hoping that all the most vocal townies reevaluate, you included
Yeah but they'd actually play the game and try to persuade others. With me their best bet is to do nothing.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

I'm willing to [VOTE: robyn] aubergine. If they ain't gonna show up, I'd rather not deal with them, and the way they dipped was unusual besides
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:00 pm

It will be chosen at random according to the OP.
Ah ok, thanks
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

I decided to take a peek at the record-keeping books. Everything looks nice and orderly, almost perfectly so except the conspicuous absence of the metal plate, the disco ball, and the box i bought to keep her things in.

Its almost as if, that's exactly it, the answer is staring me right in the face. Surely it cant be this easy I wonder? But for now I will entertain it.

~ Bereft
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

no, it's definitely this easy

im a wolf every time i play on mafiathesyndicate.com
ImageImageImageImage
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 363
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they

Post by Ranmilia »

Had a weird dream where I was back in high school and one of the teachers asked to buy a chicken sandwich from me at lunchtime. She gave me $1 and I gave her the sandwich and a $20 bill. Then she started yelling about capitalism and how she lived paycheck to paycheck and having a breakdown and I was like, ma'am i am a student, i am not even supposed to be selling sandwiches, that was my lunch and I gave you more money?

Anyway fine with killing Robyn if they don't come back.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

[VOTE: robyn ] aubergine

just for self-pres since i wont be back. if they're a wolf dont give me cred. if they're a villa, give me cred.
ImageImageImageImage
Gira
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 305

Post by Gira »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:01 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:58 pm
Yeah but they'd actually play the game and try to persuade others. With me their best bet is to do nothing.
this is kind of cruel to say regardless of alignment but i'd expect last minute AtE and maybe a PR claim in the hopes people panic (which i would not believe - if you're a PR getting run up day 1 you don't go off to sulk in a corner)

I have to leave now and in all likelihood will not be present for EoD. my last reads list is still accurate to how I feel about the game. This thread mostly seems to actually have its business in order well before EoD which is pretty rare, please don't get stupid and start some random flashwagon with 30 minutes left in the day. I know robyn and tedxtr aren't that far apart in my readslist but I prefer a robyn chop by probably two orders of magnitude - I don't think any case that's been presented against insomnia has been especially compelling. GL all.

tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

leetic wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:48 pm
tedxtr wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:56 pm i dunno why the thread seems stuck on robyn, but given the callout for them being a wolf and the frozen wagon on them, maybe they're spewed wolf somehow (push on this, wolves - sounds wolfy!)
Can you clarify what point you're trying to make here?
they got ran up and stuck at a lot of votes despite no apparent case

usually these types of wagons turn out wolf
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

aaaand especially cuz they have like a bazillion posts
ImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 730
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Ranmilia wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:16 pm Had a weird dream where I was back in high school and one of the teachers asked to buy a chicken sandwich from me at lunchtime. She gave me $1 and I gave her the sandwich and a $20 bill. Then she started yelling about capitalism and how she lived paycheck to paycheck and having a breakdown and I was like, ma'am i am a student, i am not even supposed to be selling sandwiches, that was my lunch and I gave you more money?

Anyway fine with killing Robyn if they don't come back.
I am trying to decipher this dream
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

[VOTE: Ted] aubergine

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:44 pm [VOTE: Ted] aubergine
Why tedxtr over robyn?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:16 pm [VOTE: robyn ] aubergine

just for self-pres since i wont be back. if they're a wolf dont give me cred. if they're a villa, give me cred.
I thought you said you didn't really townread them?
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

I'm probably gonna dip for the rest of the day soon-ish cause I'm pretty tired.

I also prefer a Robyn yeet to a Ted yeet, not by as much as Gira and Mac prefer it, but enough to move my vote back to Robyn for the night. I wanted to follow Bereft's lead for a bit to see where it led, but I don't think I've gleaned any extra insight from what was said after I moved my vote. Still, I'll keep thinking on it.

[VOTE: robyn] aubergine
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

i guess i’m missing the part in that post where im saying im villa reading them
ImageImageImageImage
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:57 pm i guess i’m missing the part in that post where im saying im villa reading them
Well, you said if they're a villa, give you cred?
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 262
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

[VOTE: robyn[\vote]

I’m not immune to rolling with the flow given the flow doesn’t show up]
aubergine
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

that’s because i’ve defended them when they were catching heat
ImageImageImageImage
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Unless you meant, give you cred for misyeeting them
Which is funny as hell
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

GFDI
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:59 pm that’s because i’ve defended them when they were catching heat
Oh lol, ok then
I remember being confused earlier because I thought that defense implied that you were townreading them but you said you didn't have any particular read, but I guess you're just referring back to that since you have to self-pres regardless
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Ted is not really a good choice today I think and like I don’t know what to do with Robyn but if we’re being forced into resolving it on our terms then oh well
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

8/13 people are on the robyn wagon. The chances of that being pure are pretty low.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:01 pm Ted is not really a good choice today I think and like I don’t know what to do with Robyn but if we’re being forced into resolving it on our terms then oh well
Are there actually better options than these two, though?
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

leetic wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:01 pm 8/13 people are on the robyn wagon. The chances of that being pure are pretty low.
Although one bus and one being on tedxtr makes enough sense in a w!robyn world
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:01 pm 8/13 people are on the robyn wagon. The chances of that being pure are pretty low.
Oh I'm sure it's not pure, but by now anyway if Robyn is a wolf I would expect a partner to have gone for the bussing tactic since Robyn is not here to defend themself, probably lurking and trying not to say anything.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

so?
ImageImageImageImage
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:02 pm
Would that still hold true if both of them turn out to be wolves?
☆Princess Abigail☆

leetic wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:49 pm
Why tedxtr over robyn?
I like science

ImageImage

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

WindwardAway wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:01 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:01 pm Ted is not really a good choice today I think and like I don’t know what to do with Robyn but if we’re being forced into resolving it on our terms then oh well
Are there actually better options than these two, though?
Eh i xunno
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:03 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:02 pm
Would that still hold true if both of them turn out to be wolves?
Well, in that case tedxtr would be the bus vote. This is just an average scenario, though.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:03 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:49 pm
Why tedxtr over robyn?
I like science
The science is riveting

ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”