29%

Total votes: 14
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 259

Re: [Day 1]: Film Directors.

Post by Dom »

Mongoose wrote:Hi darlings.

Hope you are having a magical ass Monday!

This was my favorite thing I saw this year: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2407380/combined

What was yours?

Happy hunting!
I don't watch many films, but I really really enjoyed The Skeleton Twins.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 325
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Black Rock wrote:My initial read was very interesting. MP/Dom, you're out of control. I can't decide who I'm more suspicious of out of you two but you have both made my radar. Although I doubt I'll be voting for either of them because TH has gotten my eye His posts are reading baddie TH to me. I don't like how he is so dismissive of MP/Dom. Like he's trying to lead eyes away from a teammate.
Look at them if you want. I don't suspect them but that's just me. Other people were just as dismissive about this same issue, so it's weird that you're focused on me. You always think my posts read like baddie TH, you know that.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I should clarify. I don't suspect Dom at all, and I'm pretty neutral about MP.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 205
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Dom wrote:

This was my favorite thing I saw this year: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2407380/combined

What was yours?

Happy hunting!
I did too! I watched them singing Starship 5x in a row.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Mongoose wrote:
Dom wrote:

What was yours?

Happy hunting!
SAME!! My friend and I reenact that scene all the time!!!!
The nitrous scene was so so so so SO funny! I have a feeling that Bill and Kristin ad-libbed a lot of that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 205
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Dom wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Dom wrote:

What was yours?

Happy hunting!
The nitrous scene was so so so so SO funny! I have a feeling that Bill and Kristin ad-libbed a lot of that.

My biggest regret in life is that I never have a twin brother. Logan's the closest I have to do that.

My second biggest regret is that I am not actually Kristin Wiig.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by A Person »

Skelly Twins was really good. I'm not sure what my favorite film was, but off the top of my head Skeleton Twins, Grand Budapest Hotel, and Enemy would all be high on the list. I still have a lot I want to see, so it could easily change.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:
Black Rock wrote:My initial read was very interesting. MP/Dom, you're out of control. I can't decide who I'm more suspicious of out of you two but you have both made my radar. Although I doubt I'll be voting for either of them because TH has gotten my eye His posts are reading baddie TH to me. I don't like how he is so dismissive of MP/Dom. Like he's trying to lead eyes away from a teammate.
Look at them if you want. I don't suspect them but that's just me. Other people were just as dismissive about this same issue, so it's weird that you're focused on me. You always think my posts read like baddie TH, you know that.
It's not just the dismissive but your posts in general. I'm not getting the baddie hunting civvie TH from any of them. I know I often (not always) suspect you, you're just that damn evil. I don't know TH I just have a feeling... tell me that I'm wrong and tell me why. I'm still open to new ideas at this point. I felt the same dismissive, baddie feeling from this post.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 124
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Black Rock wrote:Holy crap, it's hard to keep up to you guys.

My initial read was very interesting. MP/Dom, you're out of control. I can't decide who I'm more suspicious of out of you two but you have both made my radar. Although I doubt I'll be voting for either of them because TH has gotten my eye His posts are reading baddie TH to me. I don't like how he is so dismissive of MP/Dom. Like he's trying to lead eyes away from a teammate.

Also SVS and Llama are on my watch list for minor pings.

*joins game*

It was a lot to take in so I may have missed a few things but I'm playing catch up nonetheless.
How am I out of control and how has anything I've said actually warranted any suspicion?

You know, I have had tons of opinions this game that weren't just a back and forth with Dom that I didn't even start by the way.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I find it awfully interesting that BR, who had no opinions this game whatsoever and said this:
Black Rock wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:The cases on Llama, Con and Sir Vomps-a-Lot have been examined, and they have been found wanting. In addition, I have found nothing during my reading of the Day's events that seemed noteworthy or suspicious of any sort to me. I am at a loss for where to place my vote today.
It's like you were in my head. Get out of there. I need to think for myself. :D
Now comes in here and says apparently Dom, myself, and TH are all suspects, but doesn't really give any reason why -- except that she gets a feeling about TH being bad.

Am I the only one that finds this really odd?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Mongoose wrote:
Dom wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Dom wrote:

What was yours?

Happy hunting!

My biggest regret in life is that I never have a twin brother. Logan's the closest I have to do that.

My second biggest regret is that I am not actually Kristin Wiig.
My biggest regret in life is that I am not actually Bill Hader and/or Seth Meyers and/or Andy Samberg.

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Holy crap, it's hard to keep up to you guys.

My initial read was very interesting. MP/Dom, you're out of control. I can't decide who I'm more suspicious of out of you two but you have both made my radar. Although I doubt I'll be voting for either of them because TH has gotten my eye His posts are reading baddie TH to me. I don't like how he is so dismissive of MP/Dom. Like he's trying to lead eyes away from a teammate.

Also SVS and Llama are on my watch list for minor pings.

*joins game*

It was a lot to take in so I may have missed a few things but I'm playing catch up nonetheless.
How am I out of control and how has anything I've said actually warranted any suspicion?

You know, I have had tons of opinions this game that weren't just a back and forth with Dom that I didn't even start by the way.[/quote]

:eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:

TBH, BR, "out of control" seems a bit extreme.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LOL, is that me getting a thousand eyes from you, Dom?

Go ahead and vote me then. :P
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Black Rock wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
It's not just the dismissive but your posts in general. I'm not getting the baddie hunting civvie TH from any of them. I know I often (not always) suspect you, you're just that damn evil. I don't know TH I just have a feeling... tell me that I'm wrong and tell me why. I'm still open to new ideas at this point. I felt the same dismissive, baddie feeling from this post.
I don't know what to tell you that you're wrong about. You only say it's just my posts in general, and that I'm not hunting. Am I doing any less hunting than you? I've mentioned my thoughts on both FZ and Rico, as well as all the suspects du jour. My thoughts on FZ and Rico didn't get much response but that doesn't mean I'm not trying, and it's only Day 1.2... Y'all seem to expect so much of me so early :shrug:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
I don't know what to tell you that you're wrong about. You only say it's just my posts in general, and that I'm not hunting. Am I doing any less hunting than you? I've mentioned my thoughts on both FZ and Rico, as well as all the suspects du jour. My thoughts on FZ and Rico didn't get much response but that doesn't mean I'm not trying, and it's only Day 1.2... Y'all seem to expect so much of me so early :shrug:
I know how it feels. :sigh:

At this point... I mean, we'll see what happens between now and poll's end, but I'm leaning towards a BR vote (contingent on her answer); if not that, maybe another player who missed the D1 vote and is flying low. I just don't find a Llama or Vompatti vote at all convincing, to be honest.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

On that note, I do think Blooper's already-vote for Vomps is opportunistic, but I'm not sure I've seen enough from her to plop a vote there.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:LOL, is that me getting a thousand eyes from you, Dom?

"That I didn't even start"

Are you serious?
This is not only false, but it is also ridiculously deflecting onto me. You are saying to BR, "See, I didn't even START this".
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:

Are you serious?
This is not only false, but it is also ridiculously deflecting onto me. You are saying to BR, "See, I didn't even START this".
Are you serious?

I asked you what your thoughts/suspects were, and you drew millions of implications from a simple request. So, no, I didn't start an insanely crazy back and forth where it turned into much more than that.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, I'm curious what everyone else is thinking, and I highly doubt I'll be voting for any of the major thread contributors at the moment. I suppose I could vote TH, since his vote for BWT seemed most bandwagony, the fact that he doesn't seem overtly baddie to me and that both FZ. and BR (two people I'm not sure I trust, especially the latter since she threw out three suspects with basically no reason) are gunning for him doesn't bode well.

I'm out of here, but I'll be back sometime tomorrow before the vote. :offtobed:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:

Are you serious?
Are you serious?

I asked you what your thoughts/suspects were, and you drew millions of implications from a simple request. So, no, I didn't start an insanely crazy back and forth where it turned into much more than that.
you're kidding
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I suppose I could vote TH, since his vote for BWT seemed most bandwagony
I know you said that I'm not actually seeming baddie to you, but I'm curious anyways: why would a (seemingly) bandwagony vote equate to being baddie?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And MP, why did you say that ninju's vote was opportunistic? What do you think is she taking opportunity of?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Also MP you keep coming back to BR as a big suspect for you. I have to say that even though I disagreed with her post about me I did not find it out of character for her. I'm curious to hear what your line of thinking there, I don't believe I read it, I'm not saying you didn't say it :p . But how did she so quickly jump onto your radar?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I have to say that MP is now on my radar, pending his answers to my latest questions anyways.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Black Rock »

Alright MP and Dom, you misunderstood my out of control remark. I often don't use smilies and I should have. That part was a bit of a joke, my sense of humour is often misunderstood. I meant the gigantic size of your posts sometimes, and was making fun. In my mind, the response to that was also funny. I do think the two of you are worth looking at, I'm not going to just dismiss as civvie vs civvie arguments till I trust you. Which I don't at this point. If that"s a bit odd so be it. You two have not said or did anything to gain civvie trust in my opinion and I will be reading and watching you two.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Does one of them stick out to you over the other, BR?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Black Rock wrote:Alright MP and Dom, you misunderstood my out of control remark. I often don't use smilies and I should have. That part was a bit of a joke, my sense of humour is often misunderstood. I meant the gigantic size of your posts sometimes, and was making fun. In my mind, the response to that was also funny. I do think the two of you are worth looking at, I'm not going to just dismiss as civvie vs civvie arguments till I trust you. Which I don't at this point. If that"s a bit odd so be it. You two have not said or did anything to gain civvie trust in my opinion and I will be reading and watching you two.
That's okay, Br! I understand your comment now.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 366
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Regarding Bass, first there is this post.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:so i really don't get all these votes for bwt. The two people who stuck out to me was MM and Ricochet which puts me in a tough spot because i don't want to vote someone who isn't here to defend himself and i also don't want to vote a new player on day one. So with that said i'm voting MM because his self vote really seemed like something a baddie would do to try and lay low when he wouldn't be around.
Then there is this one.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I don't understand why people keep bringing up llama's and S~V~S's vote for I think llama has made it pretty clear that BWT had enough time to say what he had to say before he voted. I think people keep bring this up to maybe distract the tread about talking about anything else.

SVS and llama voted for BWT. Why is there a sudden casual defense for SVS and llama even though he previously called them out for voting BWT.

Also Bass, why was my self-vote suspicious but you did not address AP's self-vote?
1. I never called anyone out for voting BWT I said " I really don't get all the votes for BWT"
2. I wasn't trying to defend anyone I was just saying that people keep bringing something up after llama addressed it. To me it was like an easy way for a baddie to keep the tread talking about it.
3. AP's self vote did catch my eye but I really have nothing else that has made me think AP is bad.
1) Fair enough
2) Did SVS address it?
3) At the point that you commented about my self-vote, there was nothing else to warrant any more suspicion in me aside from the act of self-voting. Why does my self-vote and AP's self-vote carry different weights?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hi everyone... I got off work over two hours ago, and now I have finally caught up on the thread.

Thanks FZ. for posting those links to Vompatti's past games, I'm glad that they have been analyzed by some, but I haven't gotten to them yet myself. It's getting late here so I won't be delving into that tonight. Tomorrow is my mom's birthday, and while my brother already took her to see Seinfeld live, I still have gotten NOTHING for her. So tomorrow morning is likely to prioritize that, before I go into work for 11:00. I'll be there for a few hours, after which I come home, and soon after, leave for my mom's. Birthday dinner, good times, etc.

What this means is that I'll have to vote early, and I just know some people I am not likely to vote for at this point, so I guess I'll share that list at least. Not ready to vote for Llama, at least until I look into the Vompatti thing, which I intend to do once I have a little more time. So that's on hold. Won't vote Vompatti either, just because Llama says so. Like I said, I like to see proof that the accusation is accurate when we're talking about past games. Now the evidence is there, just need to look into it.

Dom-MP has obviously been a thing. I agree with MP that Dom is the one that made it into a "thing", and that MP was asking a simple question that Dom reacted to with a lot of... reaction. So, if this turned into a lynch with only MP and Dom on it, I'd vote Dom.

What else is going on... BR is suspicious of TH, I'd have to look over that again. I think that a baddie BR is more likely to lay low than to come out with a hot accusation like that so early. So I'll look again at TH to see if she's on to something.

FZ. is still prickly to me, I've seen baddies in a recent game come after someone early on for a Day One thing like they have a good reason, but it turned out to be a baddie just trying to get someone not on their team lynched. It could be personal to me, since it was me she came after, but I can't help but feel that could be what's happening here. That said, I have a small reason to think that FZ. could be on the level, but I'm not sure how to address it yet.

I'll probably end up voting BWT. Kidding! :haha:

I'll have a look again at the BWT voters. It's a little hypocritical of me, since I would have voted for him as well, for the same reasons I am considering an FZ. vote. Baddies like bandwagons, but if a bandwagon is already happening, smarter baddies avoid it altogether and let the voters get themselves in hot water. Maybe that's where I'll look... people who avoided the BWT bandwagon.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ok, so Spacedaisy voted for Lizzy after BWT had 4 votes. Dom voted for Rico after BWT had 5 votes, and A Person voted for himself as the final vote.

Baddies would know that BWT isn't on their team (duh) and that the odds are he's a Civvie. This: timmer (12), thellama73 (13), Turnip Head (14) is where BWT went from a single Day One vote to the 'person who's getting lynched'. So, before that time, it was up in the air, so a baddie might have been holding their vote in case of a need for a subtle rescue of one of their own. After, there was no more risk, so they could vote for who they like.

So Spacedaisy, Dom, and A Person have my eye coming from that angle.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 322

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:??
Turnip Head wrote:So Rico you don't think Llama's suspicion of Vomp is genuine? Or is there something more to it than that.
I have to decide, basically, if I do or don't, especially based on his full input (explanation), which I haven't fully processed. I don't think I can be more clearer than that at 3am, so apologies if confusion persists. :sigh:
But why are you limiting yourself to this one case when you don't have a strong opinion on it? Are you not tempted to pursue other avenues of suspicion if this one hasn't led you anywhere yet?
I may be tempted, now that you seem imply things I never said. :mafia:

But on a more serious note, why do you feel I'm limiting myself or picking on something that isn't relevant? Why would you ask me what I am looking into and then want to throw me off it because I haven't fully accounted for it yet? I've already replied to somebody else that, so far, I've had my input on several cases, out of which I've said that few progressed past the original Day 1. Much of the rest, tbh, involved a lot of gaming behaviour analysis or assumption making from everybody, a domain in which I currently have zero experience.

On Day 1, you found his case against Vompatti "wanting". How do you feel about it on this new Day 1, now that he persists on it? What do you think of his full arguments?

You asked me what my lead is. I said what it is, while mentioning I have to finalize my case on it. You don't seem satisfied with this and I have to wonder why. :eye: (That, or maybe I'm becoming paranoid about seemingly simple questions that seem, however, to be part of a game. :D )
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Time won't be on my side at all today to fully elaborate an overview on this (I've explained here why), so in short I have to say that, after two consecutive day ones, I still find Llama's case against Voopy to be unsubstantial. His start theory about Vompatti being more active on Day 0 falls under theme bias for me and hasn't been checked by others that it meant something in particular (civ/bad) when it happened in the past.

Then he addressed each one of Vompatti's replies as signs of him feeling cornered, retorting like a baddie would instead of ignoring it would he be a civ and feeling worried about getting lynched (today). I think he may have read too seriously some of Vomps' replies - as, just like TH, I also believe his "epitome of a helpful civ" was an irony. I checked back on a few games that were listed and, tons of Vompspeak aside, I see no evidence it was any less ambivalent what he turned out to be (civ/bad) when he made jokes or remarks about him being bad.

To be clear, I'm not criticizing Llama's intense belief in his case (which perfectly suits his proactive and confident playing), but I do find his obstinacy over it and his occasional misread of the situation to be more concerning. He also often had the tendency to reinterpret some replies to befit the cases he's building (Voopy's irony and - on a more personal note - claiming BWT spoke on my behalf, back on the "are you bad" matter, or that I came back on that answer, which was taken completely out of context). If he's speaking as a "helpful civ on a baddie hunt", these stand simply as intriguing lapses in his cases. If he's playing more a intentional game than that, these are for me clearly worrying factors.

And since there's also a theme going on about watching more closely over the five who lynched BWT, I'd say Llama is more suspicious here as well, because his vote was the most partial of all (in context of BWT garnering votes for his LC vote), otherwise also voting on his own misconception (mentioned above) that BWT explained in my behalf (which he didn't at all; he merely interpreted what I had already said).
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61

Post by FZ. »

Long Con wrote:Hi everyone... I got off work over two hours ago, and now I have finally caught up on the thread.

Thanks FZ. for posting those links to Vompatti's past games, I'm glad that they have been analyzed by some, but I haven't gotten to them yet myself. It's getting late here so I won't be delving into that tonight. Tomorrow is my mom's birthday, and while my brother already took her to see Seinfeld live, I still have gotten NOTHING for her. So tomorrow morning is likely to prioritize that, before I go into work for 11:00. I'll be there for a few hours, after which I come home, and soon after, leave for my mom's. Birthday dinner, good times, etc.

What this means is that I'll have to vote early, and I just know some people I am not likely to vote for at this point, so I guess I'll share that list at least. Not ready to vote for Llama, at least until I look into the Vompatti thing, which I intend to do once I have a little more time. So that's on hold. Won't vote Vompatti either, just because Llama says so. Like I said, I like to see proof that the accusation is accurate when we're talking about past games. Now the evidence is there, just need to look into it.

Dom-MP has obviously been a thing. I agree with MP that Dom is the one that made it into a "thing", and that MP was asking a simple question that Dom reacted to with a lot of... reaction. So, if this turned into a lynch with only MP and Dom on it, I'd vote Dom.

What else is going on... BR is suspicious of TH, I'd have to look over that again. I think that a baddie BR is more likely to lay low than to come out with a hot accusation like that so early. So I'll look again at TH to see if she's on to something.

FZ. is still prickly to me, I've seen baddies in a recent game come after someone early on for a Day One thing like they have a good reason, but it turned out to be a baddie just trying to get someone not on their team lynched. It could be personal to me, since it was me she came after, but I can't help but feel that could be what's happening here. That said, I have a small reason to think that FZ. could be on the level, but I'm not sure how to address it yet.

I'll have a look again at the BWT voters. It's a little hypocritical of me, since I would have voted for him as well, for the same reasons I am considering an FZ. vote. Baddies like bandwagons, but if a bandwagon is already happening, smarter baddies avoid it altogether and let the voters get themselves in hot water. Maybe that's where I'll look... people who avoided the BWT bandwagon.
Long Con wrote:Ok, so Spacedaisy voted for Lizzy after BWT had 4 votes. Dom voted for Rico after BWT had 5 votes, and A Person voted for himself as the final vote.

Baddies would know that BWT isn't on their team (duh) and that the odds are he's a Civvie. This: timmer (12), thellama73 (13), Turnip Head (14) is where BWT went from a single Day One vote to the 'person who's getting lynched'. So, before that time, it was up in the air, so a baddie might have been holding their vote in case of a need for a subtle rescue of one of their own. After, there was no more risk, so they could vote for who they like.

So Spacedaisy, Dom, and A Person have my eye coming from that angle.
I find myself agreeing a lot with these two posts, minus the part about me, of course. If someone came after me so strongly, and I knew I was a civ (if you really are), I would think they were trying too hard to look for something which in my mind would be bullshit. But in my defence I can only say that I truly believed what I said, and if it weren't for these last two posts, I would still be thinking that. Of course you can choose not to believe me.
By the way, if your reason to think I might be a civ is something that's been hinted here, then I'm sorry to say it wasn't me (wish it was, though).

Now, on to your other suggestions.
I agree that if there's a baddie in the MP-Dom thing, it's Dom, because he doesn't seem to let it go, and his reasons don't seem very justified in my opinion.

In regards to the second post and what other people say, I think that looking for the baddie in the voters for BWT at this stage is a stupid idea. Of course there can be one, but the likelihood of it is the same at best, if not lower, than there being one in those who voted differently. Assuming you could vote for anyone, and that few votes can cause a lynch, the only reason for a baddie to bandwagon is to save one from the team. Since apart from BWT, no one had more than 2 votes, that seemed redundant, therefore making it much easier to hide behind spread out votes
I really like your analysis here, and unlike the first day, I find this one very helpful.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61

Post by FZ. »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Well, I'm curious what everyone else is thinking, and I highly doubt I'll be voting for any of the major thread contributors at the moment. I suppose I could vote TH, since his vote for BWT seemed most bandwagony, the fact that he doesn't seem overtly baddie to me and that both FZ. and BR (two people I'm not sure I trust, especially the latter since she threw out three suspects with basically no reason) are gunning for him doesn't bode well.

I'm out of here, but I'll be back sometime tomorrow before the vote. :offtobed:
Um, I'm not gunning for TH, though maybe I should :P . If anything, he's gunning for me. I have to say, I see nothing wrong with BR.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 278

Post by S~V~S »

I see nothing wrong with BR, either, even though I am one of her pings. This is fairly typical for her, playing her cards close to her vest. I look forward to seeing how I pinged her. In general, she is not one of the people to read too much into me; alot of people do. I say some stupid thing (and I say alot of stupid things), and they think I am bad. BR, not so much.

And I agree re the BWT voters although I am one of them. When I am bad on Day One, and no one on the team is taking suspish, I will either vote earlyish if I have no choice, generally a tangent vote, a semi serious vote for someone with no other votes. Or I will hold my vote, to make sure none of us are in danger, and once there is a "non-us" clearly in the lead, I will vote a tangent "statement" vote. And chortle in the chat room about the civs lynching each other. I almost never pile on a Day One wagon when I am bad, unless a teammate is taking heat. Best result Day One if you are a baddie is a civ lynched, and no one on your bad team voted for them.

So yeah, off to reread AP, Daisy & Dom. This will involve a closer reread of Dom v. MP, which I, I gotta admit, I only skimmed yesterday. Those blocks of text, quoted over & over, hard to read through, lol.

I have to read back through last night, so much posting yay :D
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 352

Post by thellama73 »

I also find Long Con's analysis useful, but he made one small error in reading the poll thread. Dom didn't vote for Rico late. He cited for me earlyish. The. It's you are looking for. LC, is Rico's late random vote for Made.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Ebwop: voted not cited. Stupid phone
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I am now at the station and will soon travel back home. I won't be online again until the poll closes, so I'll vote now.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 72

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I fell asleep last night before I could vote. Need to vote now since I won't be back in time.

Of the 3 people who voted away after my fate was pretty much sealed (Daisy, Dom, and A Person), those are the ones I find most suspicious. I figure at least one of them has to be bad. The only one I have slightly stronger feelings on is A Person, since he claimed it was "already decided" essentially and then self-voted. That strikes me as incredibly safe and lacking accountability.

Votes A Person
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:I fell asleep last night before I could vote. Need to vote now since I won't be back in time.

Of the 3 people who voted away after my fate was pretty much sealed (Daisy, Dom, and A Person), those are the ones I find most suspicious. I figure at least one of them has to be bad. The only one I have slightly stronger feelings on is A Person, since he claimed it was "already decided" essentially and then self-voted. That strikes me as incredibly safe and lacking accountability.

Votes A Person
Again, Dom didn't do that, Rico did.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

A couple of people have now said that they think, between MP and Dom, Dom is the likely baddie if there is one. I disagree with that. Dom is being aggressive and unreasonable with MP, but that to me does not say baddie. I think Dom tends to be a more emotional player, and I think we are seeing this in his conflict with MP.

On the other hand, MP's sudden suspicion of Black Rock feels fishy to me, like he's in need of a distraction. I agree with SVS that BR's post was not weird or out of character.

Now we have two players (Long Con and BWT) misrepresenting Dom's vote. Of course, we know BWT is civvie, so he is surely just going off what LC said, but I am starting to get the sinking feeling that a subtle conspiracy is building against Dom. If I had to vote either Dom or MP, it would certainly be MP at this point.

Does anyone else feel like this Day 1 has lasted forever?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sorry for the misread, it was indeed Rico and not Dom that did it:

Made
Ricochet (17) 6%
Dom
MovingPictures07 (10) 6%

These polls transferred to pure text mess me up sometimes, sorry for the slander, Dom!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:A couple of people have now said that they think, between MP and Dom, Dom is the likely baddie if there is one. I disagree with that. Dom is being aggressive and unreasonable with MP, but that to me does not say baddie. I think Dom tends to be a more emotional player, and I think we are seeing this in his conflict with MP.

On the other hand, MP's sudden suspicion of Black Rock feels fishy to me, like he's in need of a distraction. I agree with SVS that BR's post was not weird or out of character.

Now we have two players (Long Con and BWT) misrepresenting Dom's vote. Of course, we know BWT is civvie, so he is surely just going off what LC said, but I am starting to get the sinking feeling that a subtle conspiracy is building against Dom. If I had to vote either Dom or MP, it would certainly be MP at this point.

Does anyone else feel like this Day 1 has lasted forever?
I'm not part of a subtle conspiracy against Dom. I wouldn't post something so easily disproven unless it were a mistake.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

That was my assumption, Long Con, and I still don't think you are bad on balance. I don't see that you would gain much by intentionally misstating the vote, and it was an easy mistake to make due to the layout of the poll. My eye was just caught by a lot of Dom stuff in a row.

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 228

Post by Canucklehead »

Dom wrote:

What was yours?

Happy hunting!
Yes! That was great!

Long Con wrote:Hi everyone... I got off work over two hours ago, and now I have finally caught up on the thread.

Re: the pink part: BR's suspicion didn't come out of nowhere but (it seems to me) built off of my questioning/suspicion of TH (which other people have also commented on), so I'm not sure I agree with you that suspecting TH couldn't be filed under the "laying low" category......but overall, I don't have much of a read on BR at this point.

Re: the purple bit: I thought so, too.....but FZ has now explicitly denied that, so I don't know where I stand with her now.

I agree with the thoughts from SVS and LC that baddies might be very likely to NOT vote bwt once his fate was "sealed", and this is part of the reason why TH's vote seemed odd to me. He votes BWT when things still seemed dicey/up in the air/votes very spread out, then is shocked both that bwt suddenly received a bunch more votes (thus making his vote much more succeptible to being called out as bandwagon-y) and also that he couldn't change his vote (meaning he couldn't do exactly the sort of late and tangential vote that SVS referenced once bwt was no longer a safe spot to land his vote). You can read the chain of TH posts beginning HERE and see for yourselves. Of course, these coud very well be the actions of a civ who recognized a mini bandwagon forming and wanted to reconsider their vote, but coupled with TH's other posts (pre his encounter with BR), it seems sketchy to me.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 228

Post by Canucklehead »

Re: Dom/MP, which everyone seems to be taking sides on, if only one of them is bad I'd be more inclined to think it was MP, but that is coloured by my bias since I suspected/voted him Day 1 (other people's thoughts on this being just how MP always is have tempered my suspicions, but I think I see more potential for sketchiness in his reativity than Dom's.....but at this point I'm not sure if both, one, or neither of them are baddies. :shrug:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 278

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:so i really don't get all these votes for bwt. The two people who stuck out to me was MM and Ricochet which puts me in a tough spot because i don't want to vote someone who isn't here to defend himself and i also don't want to vote a new player on day one. So with that said i'm voting MM because his self vote really seemed like something a baddie would do to try and lay low when he wouldn't be around.
Then there is this one.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I don't understand why people keep bringing up llama's and S~V~S's vote for I think llama has made it pretty clear that BWT had enough time to say what he had to say before he voted. I think people keep bring this up to maybe distract the tread about talking about anything else.

SVS and llama voted for BWT. Why is there a sudden casual defense for SVS and llama even though he previously called them out for voting BWT.

Also Bass, why was my self-vote suspicious but you did not address AP's self-vote?
1. I never called anyone out for voting BWT I said " I really don't get all the votes for BWT"
2. I wasn't trying to defend anyone I was just saying that people keep bringing something up after llama addressed it. To me it was like an easy way for a baddie to keep the tread talking about it.
3. AP's self vote did catch my eye but I really have nothing else that has made me think AP is bad.
1) Fair enough
2) Did SVS address it?
3) At the point that you commented about my self-vote, there was nothing else to warrant any more suspicion in me aside from the act of self-voting. Why does my self-vote and AP's self-vote carry different weights?
I meant to address this earlier, but I forgot.

I am fairly sure I did address it, if you mean my vote for BWT. I thought his vote was a baddie thing to do, it was not like it was in the context of being afk for days like you were, and iirc, his name was in the tray when I voted. So :shrug:

Not sure what you are getting at here?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Made
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

gotta vote now, because last to vote FZ and another reason i swear is legit... i just forgot it <_<

it should be in my post history...
Pov: you reading my takes
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Then there is this one.

1) Fair enough
2) Did SVS address it?
I meant to address this earlier, but I forgot.

I am fairly sure I did address it, if you mean my vote for BWT. I thought his vote was a baddie thing to do, it was not like it was in the context of being afk for days like you were, and iirc, his name was in the tray when I voted. So :shrug:

Not sure what you are getting at here?
I was trying to make a point to Bass, but thanks, that also helps I guess. I wasn't trying to say anything about your vote.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Made wrote:gotta vote now, because last to vote FZ and another reason i swear is legit... i just forgot it <_<

it should be in my post history...
No, I believe the only thing you've said about FZ is that she seems genuine.

Did you mean LC???

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Yeah, that's a weird vote from Made there.

Return to “Previous Jobs”