robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 609
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Ted Lasso Mafia - Day 2

Post by robyn »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:22 am
robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:12 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:11 am I was very serious about suspecting Michelle and am a bit irked that folks hardly engaged. Her reads did not look real, and that has been the common theme every time I have seen her as mafia.
what do you think about me hard pushing the chop away from her if she does flip red?

also i am expecting her to towntell today and i'm conscious of the fact that she's been pocket-y towards me
If I call you town this game will I cry post game
you cried post game bc of misreading me?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:26 am
robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:24 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:22 am
robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:16 am besides michelle do you have any sr's
Not concretely. I have vague suspicions, like of S~V~S, that I could not as clearly describe. Others are hard null.

I might scum read Rondo. But I might also take your advice and ignore for the time being.
cape/rondo/bereft/me

my towncore

you can't disagree with any name here.
I bet I could
who? why?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It is imperative that I shut up for a bit. Thread has too much Jay. Tag me with questions or prompts, and I'll drop in. Otherwise gonna play some Tears of the Kingdom.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Cape90
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by Cape90 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:12 pm Do Thunal33 and LoRab fit together as mafia teammates?

From Thunal

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:49 am
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 am Literally falling asleep and need to close the laptop before I wake up with keyboard indents on my face.

I'm still getting to know the people with whom I haven't played (or, if played once or twice, don't have a concept of how they play).

LC, I'm very much reading as civ.

J3, as well. Way too much work to go into that much detail, for it to be fake. Also, mafia often posts less than civs--because it's harder to know what to say. And also (and maybe mores) because they are spending time chatting in BTSC, and can engage in the game without posting.

Scotty reads entirely civ to me. Even though he needs to stop padding his post count. That always makes me suspish of people, although I know that isn't a tell for you. But I'm reading you as civ other than that.

I'm intrigued by Robyn. They are totally engaging with me as new to this site (to newer players). And also don't have context to read them (if we have ever played together, I need a reminder of what game).

The back and forth between Robyn and Bereft is also odd to me. Is this typical of them? I'm not suspecting them for this, but it's reading as off to me (this could also be a culture thing that developed since I was last here, so really earnestly asking).
robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:59 am okay i just have to ask @LoRab do you fear god?
I feel like you're referencing something and I have no idea what. Or is this actually a theological question? Help! I'm way too tired to think about this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:07 am Is it too early to ask everyone for their top three town reads?

No, of course not. Let’s go ahead an box in the mafia.
I am on record as not believing in contributing to such lists, or rankings. I'm not a fan and I don't generally post them. Those here who have played with me a lot can attest.

Similarly, I hate when people trust me. Stop naming me, people! And, really....I'm kind of freaked out that I'm on this site and not yet suspected. What's up with that? I don't think that has ever happened. At all on here, and rarely in prior communities.
What's normally suspicious about your style?

I think this kind of comment about finding it weird you're too trusted is >rand mafia. A lot of townies are confident in their townieness even if they are suspected often, but it's easy for mafia to assume they're suspicious.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:55 am I'm liking Cape so far, I think his curiosity about my RVS vote question was good and it feels like he's saying whatever takes come to mind.

Long Con
Scotty
JJJ
Cape

everyone else

LoRab
SVS
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:23 pm
Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:20 pm @Bereft and @robyn, each of you had expressed early faith in LoRab, and in the moment I kind of vibed with that. I'd like to dig a bit deeper though: are you able to describe what gave you confidence about her?
I had two major instances of thought about LoRab.

The first was immediately after their entrance.
And to that point, I had the same thought as Robyn did wrt to it.

The second was immediately after LoRab freaked out about getting townreads.
And to that point, I had the same thought as you did wrt to it.

If the question demands why I take strong stock in these thoughts at all, then its because both of these moments are based on LoRab existing archetypical traits of "pure" town spontaneity. And I don't think I've ever once seen these reads fail in my experience. On a mafia theory tangent, its the most basic form of read in existence, mafia simply doesn't post like that, because they have to think about well, being mafia.
I'd like to talk about this read. It seems similar to how I make some of my townreads based on "is this a thought a mafia would even think of". What about those moments is something that a mafia wouldn't think of doing?
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:29 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:01 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:00 pm [VOTE: Thunal] aubergine
Cu cu cachoo
Could you indicate which of Thunal's read(s) you found half-baked?
Their vote for SVS came out of nowhere for me:
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:40 am
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:53 am
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:38 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:11 am @S~V~S do you feel it is on-brand or not (or neither) for @Long Con to express early suspicion of you?
Onnnnnnnnnn-braaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd...... on-brand. On-brand. Towny. Wolfy. On-brand. Sassy. Classy. On-brand. Interesting. On-brand. Bon-rand?
@JaggedJimmyJay this is what I meant by "theatricality". I used to auto read this as bad~ weirdly enough, even in games where I was bad, and i had TMI re LC being town, I STILL read him as bad, which is why he's always an easy yeet for me when I'm bad. I kinda half believe it when I'm making the case.

LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 am
I am on record as not believing in contributing to such lists, or rankings. I'm not a fan and I don't generally post them. Those here who have played with me a lot can attest.

Similarly, I hate when people trust me. Stop naming me, people! And, really....I'm kind of freaked out that I'm on this site and not yet suspected. What's up with that? I don't think that has ever happened. At all on here, and rarely in prior communities.

That used to freak me out, too. Naming civs, like WTF. Extreme target painting. I still don't love rainbow lists, and prefer baddie hunting to townie hunting.

I'm used to it now.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:59 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:56 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 pm S~V~S is bad. She's humouring in there like nobody's business. Setting the scene, agreeable. If I were cruder and didn't know S~V~S, she's also sucking up to Jay, possibly pocketing.
Intriguing take- I feel like I have the unique benefit of having just wolfed with her and I haven’t seen anything specific about her that is throwing off my paranoia alarm. And I’m usually paranoid of her as of the last 3 games before I wolf’ed with her.

Now do me do me
OK, you're freaking me out here. I don't think you've EVER said anything like this to/about me. Not the last 3 games. EVERY. GAME. Every one. You think I'm bad.

What did you take away from wolfing with me that makes you say this?

Also gotta go get ready for work. Love my new job, hate the longer commute.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:04 am One last *?*, Bereft seems to be only addressing/alluding to Robyn and Jay, with the exception of his towny list, which was an answer to Jay, if I'm not mistaken.

I would not be able to read him if I tried, is this a normal thing for him? I don't find it to be AI, it just stuck out to me skimming his ISO.
Where are SVS's own reads? A lot of her posts feel like commentary and not actually taking stances. LC's post used to be read as auto bad and Scotty's freaking her out, but she didn't make actual reads off those when I feel like it would be natural for her to do.

@S~V~S
[VOTE: SVS] aubergine
Their loRab push was also not strong.

Even though through a lens, I actually independently find I agree with their reads of both SVS and LoRab: where are SVS’ reads, and why is LoRab so freaked out about being townread?
Both of those pushes are low confidence, and LoRab's is even lower confidence than SVS. I woke up this morning, read the thread, and SVS's more recent posts caught my eye. I guess you could say it "came out of nowhere" but that's pretty normal/NAI at this stage in the game.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:37 pm
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 pm

I think this kind of comment about finding it weird you're too trusted is >rand mafia. A lot of townies are confident in their townieness even if they are suspected often, but it's easy for mafia to assume they're suspicious.
One one level, I have no idea. Maybe I'm just drawn that way? Some of it is how I approach the game and suspicion--some of it is meta, but a lot of it is noticing patterns and when those patterns are off. Which many see as a suspicious way to suspect people, apparently.

And, in a bigger way, your noting my discomfort in being trusted is an excellent example of why--on this particular site. It's a mafia culture thing. I learned mafia in a very different setting than that of most of the players on here. There are some players (SVS, LC in this game) I've been playing with for about 15 years--I think Wilgy for at least a decade. I may have forgotten someone else who is in this game (other than our wonderful host). The game we played then, on sites like LP and The Piano, was stylistically different--we developed our own mafia slang, almost all games were ones in which pretty much everyone has a power, info dumping was essentially always frowned on--at least past a certain point, when we all seemed to realize it's not nearly as much fun that way, and agreed that there just wouldn't be any any more. Where puzzles and hidden messages were everywhere. This site, in large part, grew out of that world--and merged it with other mafia communities.

The mafia game style of those other communities mostly became the prominent culture, with some aspects of my original realm staying around. like this color.

And I still play with my same style that I always have, even though I know that most around me have a different style--and will suspect me for my style. I'm good with that.

Although, I do twirl a lot less than I used to. :lorab:

As for your suspicion, unless I'm misunderstanding ">rand mafia" (as I don't actually know what that means). It is very par for the course in the games of most of my mafia playing for civvies to not want to be publicly trust. I mean, I guess in a game where there is only 1 bad faction (and no apparent neutral or indy roles), it makes more sense for civs to not worry so much when trusted, but...I'm still more accustomed to games where such a structure (2 teams, one good one bad) is the exception and not the rule,

While I'm waxing nostalgic, and in a Ted Lasso game, a shout out to the OG Diamond Dog, in whose honor this smiley was created :feb: It's literally based on the actual human. I miss that FEB.
Okay, what you and JJJ said about not wanting to be townread makes sense, and that comment might be NAI coming from you. You said JJJ's play was too much work to be fake, how much experience do you have with him? Afaik he tries hard as both alignments and can't be effort cleared alone.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:40 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:32 pm @JaggedJimmyJay what are your top reasons for sussing Scotty?
It would be dishonest of me to call them my reasons, because I am kind of sheeping this one right now. But I think some others raised valid gripes or were otherwise convincing:

- Scotty calling Long Con's "unhinged" post towny was goofy.
- As S~V~S climbs the town ladder, I give her instinct more credence (that Scotty was off in resisting LC's suspicion of her)
- His read on LoRab didn't actually make sense (this thing) -- acknowledging a "difference in approach" with respect to her aversion to town reads and then basically ignoring that difference when suspecting her.
- Bereft has never openly town read Scotty, and I think he has a strong grip on the game right now.
- I decided my own town read was biased by my desire for players to be involved, and he was the first to take up that banner.

I might add one new gripe: his suspicion of you seemed kind of opportunistic. He even agreed with your reads
The LoRab thing is an interesting point. People like you, SVS, and LoRab herself were quick to tell me that it's normal to not want to be trusted for old school players, but Scotty knew this (I think) and still found it suspicious.

LoRab was an early suspect of Thunal's, and I have a feeling that might have been a more sustained "push" were it not for the "old schooler" defense of LoRab's aversion to town reads. Even if Thunal's reasons can be questioned, the conclusion is more important. I think this is decently dissociated.

From LoRab

LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 pm

One one level, I have no idea. Maybe I'm just drawn that way? Some of it is how I approach the game and suspicion--some of it is meta, but a lot of it is noticing patterns and when those patterns are off. Which many see as a suspicious way to suspect people, apparently.

And, in a bigger way, your noting my discomfort in being trusted is an excellent example of why--on this particular site. It's a mafia culture thing. I learned mafia in a very different setting than that of most of the players on here. There are some players (SVS, LC in this game) I've been playing with for about 15 years--I think Wilgy for at least a decade. I may have forgotten someone else who is in this game (other than our wonderful host). The game we played then, on sites like LP and The Piano, was stylistically different--we developed our own mafia slang, almost all games were ones in which pretty much everyone has a power, info dumping was essentially always frowned on--at least past a certain point, when we all seemed to realize it's not nearly as much fun that way, and agreed that there just wouldn't be any any more. Where puzzles and hidden messages were everywhere. This site, in large part, grew out of that world--and merged it with other mafia communities.

The mafia game style of those other communities mostly became the prominent culture, with some aspects of my original realm staying around. like this color.

And I still play with my same style that I always have, even though I know that most around me have a different style--and will suspect me for my style. I'm good with that.

Although, I do twirl a lot less than I used to. :lorab:

As for your suspicion, unless I'm misunderstanding ">rand mafia" (as I don't actually know what that means). It is very par for the course in the games of most of my mafia playing for civvies to not want to be publicly trust. I mean, I guess in a game where there is only 1 bad faction (and no apparent neutral or indy roles), it makes more sense for civs to not worry so much when trusted, but...I'm still more accustomed to games where such a structure (2 teams, one good one bad) is the exception and not the rule,

While I'm waxing nostalgic, and in a Ted Lasso game, a shout out to the OG Diamond Dog, in whose honor this smiley was created :feb: It's literally based on the actual human. I miss that FEB.

If LoRab is mafia, this response to Thunal looks like the classically overwrought explanation that mafia provide to town accusers to justify whatever they've done.

~~~

I'd call these two unlikely mafia teammates.
Yeah reading this specific thing I am not very convinced this is "unlikely mafia teammate" behavior. Like I see it with like S~V~S/Abigail, not so much Michelle tbh, also a game just ended where I was convinced Michelle could have been spewed from mafia interactions with her.

Also Scotty/Abigail look kinda unpaired even with the pocketing going on there.
Bereft
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 411
Preferred Pronouns: He etc.

Post by Bereft »

Cape90 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:33 am
Why?
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 342
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:35 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:06 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:44 pm I was ready to come in and dome Cape/Thunal/JJJ/LonCon and just push Cape all day. But I guess I need to re-assess. Probably still staying within

Still on Cape > Thunal / JJJ. Maybe Scotty as 4th now or SVS.

Town Core:
Neon, Bereft, Dr Wilgy, LoRab, Michelle, Robyn.
Demonstrate for me that you haven’t pulled these reads out of your bum.
No
Towny
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:36 am Abigail shrug
Bereft town
Cape town
DarlingMonroe town
DrWilgy town
LoRab shrug
Michelle shrug
robyn town
Rondo shrug
Scotty shrug
S~V~S shrug
Thunal33 town
ts account shrug

GTH reads, sorta. Any non-town read is generously relegated to “shrug”.

6 town, 7 shrugs — not ideal. I may just accept Rondo for now and take robyn’s word for it.

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:42 am Someone tell me why Michelle is town.
Someone tell me why vigi didn't end Michelle night 1

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:51 am Abigail plausible alternate
False

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

I'm the towniest town

ImageImage

robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:37 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:42 am Someone tell me why Michelle is town.
Someone tell me why vigi didn't end Michelle night 1
ask vig lol
☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:55 am
robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:53 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:48 am That team plus whoever [ts account?] would love to kill Long Con. :ponder:
why does anyone ever kill long con over me/you/bereft
1) This is The Syndicate. Expecting normal kills here is usually wrong.
2) Doc dodge
3) Long Con had good read(s)
4) Long Con was very high on multiple town lists
5) Doesn’t matter, he’s dead
Isn't WIFOM fun

ImageImage

Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

And also Cape, the LoRab response to thunal is def just classical wolf overexplanation if LR is w. Like you there are much more plausible things than trying to force Thunal/LoRab teams.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:38 am I'm the towniest town
you’re not
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Bereft wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:34 am
Cape90 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:33 am
Why?
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:36 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:21 pm Jay is such a high poster, and with not much filler, that I think inherently he tends to be town voice. Even if he’s not town lol

I think I’m slightly suspicious that I am his top town read, but that’s a me problem. I’m down to listen to his scum reads however
I'm very very suspicious of J3
This pocket from Abigail didn't seem partnering to me

Abigail's sus on Scotty felt to me believable and not randomly forced tbh
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:21 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:45 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:25 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:00 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:56 pm I think your being cleared way to easily just for posting a lot and being loud
We can resolve JJJ later. I almost never feel like he’s a good D1 vote unless every other player is, like, Aristotle

Tho tbh playing with a bunch of philosophers sounds like a fucking nightmare so nm
Y'all can but I have a severe allergic reaction to just deciding not to solve people and let a possible wolf take control without question for any extensive period of town
On the flip side, if Jay IS town, we lose a significant voice. Did you SEE the flip charts and excel spreadsheets he just posted? That’s gold.

You might think I’m being sarcastic, and I’m actually not. If he’s bad, I think it will become clearer as the days go on.
I'm not really saying kill him

I'm dating read him... actually fucking read him

Or well that's all I'm willing to do I want to kill wolfs I don't care who they are
This seems a bit aggressive if Abigail is wolf with Scotty
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:45 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:26 am Or maybe I'm lying and tr J3 and just want to make it look like he's pushable so wolfs don't kill him

Who knows?

I don't tr him but sometimes I do this
Gosh youre town so hard it hurts
I was thinking this was just... too awkward
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:16 pm
Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:08 pm I would comment on Scotty unpairings if it weren't for the fact that I already resigned myself to there being only 2 mafia that have posted at all.
Understandable. I think we're kind of left with a reasoning dilemma. Let me work it out (for my own sake):

Premise 1: Scotty doesn't fit with most active players.
Premise 2: Scotty can fit with inactive players.
Conclusion: If Scotty is mafia, then he has inactive teammate(s).

If we accept the above argument, we can proceed to another:

Premise 1: If Scotty is mafia, then he has inactive teammates.
Premise 2: Scotty is mafia.
Conclusion: He has inactive teammate(s).

Valid argument. Modus ponens. Premise two requires killing Scotty and achieving a mafia flip.

Premise 1: If Scotty is mafia, then he has inactive teammate(s).
Premise 2: The inactives aren't mafia.
Conclusion: Scotty isn't mafia.

Valid argument. Modus tollens. Premise two requires flipping multiple inactives and getting town flips.

Both work, but the latter requires more chopping. Bleh. Of course neither argument matters if the flips don't align with the premises "2". Scotty flipping town is poop.

The content of that spoiler can probably be ignored, actually. I don't think my thinking was sound, because arguments can just be inverted to suit a desired strategy. But I typed all of it, so whatever here's a post.
If I were to flip today, I do feel like it will be much more substantive to analyze who voted me and why- what looked original, what looked opportunistic.

As I’ve said in my reread, it felt like Robyn was the most opportunistic. I still think cape is town, even if he won’t get off my back.
Princess Abigail is making questionable plays if she were wolf, and though I’ve never seen her wolf game, I don’t feel like voting me looks like confused town.
SVS is straight up tunneling me, so it feels like I’m going down that path again lol and hope I’m right this time
this line doesn't look w/w to me.
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:16 am
I don't actually want to play, it's a broken game
how is game broken?
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

What if I said, my w/w senses tell me those are within line.

Idk.

I might be a picky about what think is or isnt w/w, but those dont scream obviously unpartnered and none aof those fit tge classical tropes.

Like part of my whole deal with assessing a mafia team is that the wolves will have faked interactions. I get nervous wheres theres no interactions in a team Im proposing.
☆Princess Abigail☆

robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:07 am ‪cape
Bereft‬
‪Rondo

DarlingMonroe‬
‪LoRab‬

‪☆Princess Abigail☆‬
DrWilgy‬
‪JaggedJimmyJay‬

‪Michelle‬
‪Scotty‬
‪S~V~S‬
‪Thunal33‬
‪ts account‬

i think this is where i'm at
Crazy

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:15 am If Scotty is mafia, his team has to be exactly…

Wilgy, ts account, Abigail.

I don’t see anything else?
Why me?

Fry me?

ImageImage

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Cape90 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:46 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:16 am
I don't actually want to play, it's a broken game
how is game broken?
I was referring to tic-tac-toe being broken (in that it's impossible to lose if you pay any attention). Silly game.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

You should play Ultimate Tic-Tac-Toe instead then.
☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:46 am Scotty posts a lot: Lorab is worried about padding post count

Jay posts a lot: LoRab thinks he’s too effortful to be mafia

I mean LoRab has played with me before, even if it has been a long time. She and Michelle both cleared me for things that town literally never clear me for if they know me.
Wanna say something

Don't wanna lawyer for LoRab

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:00 am I feel like Abigail is town, and my null read is just outdated stubbornness. Her treatment of me was town.

Swap her with Scotty in my solve.
Better yes. I should be obv town

ImageImage

Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

Like I dunno, I think I'm proposing the mafia team with the correct amount of spice that also actually agrees with my views of the game D1, so I'm going to follow it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:51 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:00 am I feel like Abigail is town, and my null read is just outdated stubbornness. Her treatment of me was town.

Swap her with Scotty in my solve.
Better yes. I should be obv town
You aren't.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

RondoDimBuckle
Posts in topic: 582
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:33 am
Bereft wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:30 am
robyn wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:23 am
Bereft wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:18 am This discussion has me fantasizing over being mafia. Maybe even before the recent Michelle-induced turn, probably.
btw right now is when you turn up and continue solving before you write posts like "i realized something was wrong a few cycles ago, fuck"
Does it help if I say that I can't tell whether anything is wrong right now? The current proposal is that the team is a bunch of low-activity-ers, plus possibly Michelle/Scotty.

I'm not going to promise concentration over extended periods of time.
i believe there's a 99% chance jjj is town and is right, i also can't tell if there's anything wrong. but in general, in most circumstances, you pull a rondo here
What?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

While I was entertaining J³ wolf theories at SoD2, I decided that one of the reasons he was a wolf that I failed to recognize was a glaring red flag was that he would always ignore anything I ever said that was interesting.

No, I don't scumread J³ and don't see myself doing so for the rest of the game. And nooooo, there is no reason I'm bringing this up now.
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:55 am
robyn wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:33 am
Bereft wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:30 am
robyn wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:23 am
Bereft wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:18 am This discussion has me fantasizing over being mafia. Maybe even before the recent Michelle-induced turn, probably.
btw right now is when you turn up and continue solving before you write posts like "i realized something was wrong a few cycles ago, fuck"
Does it help if I say that I can't tell whether anything is wrong right now? The current proposal is that the team is a bunch of low-activity-ers, plus possibly Michelle/Scotty.

I'm not going to promise concentration over extended periods of time.
i believe there's a 99% chance jjj is town and is right, i also can't tell if there's anything wrong. but in general, in most circumstances, you pull a rondo here
What?
Yeah I didn't get it either.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

ah so that’s why i was ignored
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

Yeah cuz J³'s a wolf mhm.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bereft wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:56 am While I was entertaining J³ wolf theories at SoD2, I decided that one of the reasons he was a wolf that I failed to recognize was a glaring red flag was that he would always ignore anything I ever said that was interesting.

No, I don't scumread J³ and don't see myself doing so for the rest of the game. And nooooo, there is no reason I'm bringing this up now.
If it's any consolation, I looked up "ultimate tic-tac-toe" on Google, and then I looked up "ultimate gif" to find a silly gif to play on the word ULTIMATE. But all the gifs were lame.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Hahahahaha I just realised why long con was the night kill hahahahahaha
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:00 am
Bereft wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:56 am While I was entertaining J³ wolf theories at SoD2, I decided that one of the reasons he was a wolf that I failed to recognize was a glaring red flag was that he would always ignore anything I ever said that was interesting.

If it's any consolation, I looked up "ultimate tic-tac-toe" on Google, and then I looked up "ultimate gif" to find a silly gif to play on the word ULTIMATE. But all the gifs were lame.
I lol'ed.
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:01 am Hahahahaha I just realised why long con was the night kill hahahahahaha
Ikr, its the funniest $%#! ever
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

I mean its probably just my wishful thinking but its I think a good
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

*a shot goes out and RondoDimBuckle is dead*
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Bereft wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:01 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:01 am Hahahahaha I just realised why long con was the night kill hahahahahaha
Who do you think was the real target? Is that why jjj is town?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:05 am *a shot goes out and RondoDimBuckle is dead*
bad move
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'd love to see that vigilante kill someone POE-productive, mkay.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:05 am
1. Figure it out.

2. No lol. I thought J³ looked horrendous off of it. But smth robyn said made me decide that like probabilistically it wasnt so bad J³. Scotty looks kinda bad from [1.]
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

mech wise long con was the real shot, right?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:09 am mech wise long con was the real shot, right?
I don't see an alternative barring an unusual definition of the word "hides".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:09 am mech wise long con was the real shot, right?
Please tell me this is a fake post.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Bereft wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:08 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:05 am
1. Figure it out.

2. No lol. I thought J³ looked horrendous off of it. But smth robyn said made me decide that like probabilistically it wasnt so bad J³. Scotty looks kinda bad from [1.]
Say more words about not what you're saying
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Bereft wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:11 am
Please tell me this is a fake post.
Lol
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Or I suppose "inactive team had their kill randed" but that's too much.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

Like I might be trolling but I think a Long Con kill is highly unrealistic and like Rondo, think it points to other things.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

OR vig killed Long Con and mafia kill was protected.

I don't find a LC mafia kill that weird frankly, but sure there are possibilities.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

LC would be an unfortunate vigilante target. Hope not.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Heists”