Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 74

Re: [Day 1]: Film Directors.

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Canucklehead wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:So many avoidance votes! :omg:
It looks pretty normal for a day one lynch.
Sure, but this isn't really a Day 1 lynch.
That's true.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 228

Post by Canucklehead »

So left to vote are:
Canuck
BR
TH
Dfaraday
AP
sabie
Lizzy

With half that list being people who haven't been involved at all, I'm in a tough spot.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

TH: You still around? Who are you voting for?
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Ugh. I've got to get back to work. I'm going to go ahead and vote for AP. I won't be surprised/bothered by a Vomps lynch either, though, since he seems to be encouraging it....
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 325
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Canucklehead wrote:TH: You still around? Who are you voting for?
I'm thinking MP but I'm not feeling 100% about it. But I don't think the cases on Vomp or AP are very strong.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 278

Post by S~V~S »

I was kinda freaked by how hard MM w
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

BUT if I vote MP and one of the other two is lynched and flips bad, my vote will (quite reasonably) be deemed opportunistic, so I have to consider that risk when casting my vote as well...

Linki how hard MM what :eek:
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

S~V~S wrote:I was kinda freaked by how hard MM w
I think the snowstorm has eaten SVS mid-sentence! :huh:

:P
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

...was defending AP. My keyboard just kinda freaked on me, sorry for the truncated post. That was weird.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I was going to bring up that MM seems to be sticking up for other players (AP, Vomp, maybe another I'm forgetting) way more in this game than in game's past, but I wasn't sure what it meant.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Get out of my sentence, rogue apostrophe!!
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Dom »

FZ. wrote:Why do you all start talking so late in the day? and when I need to go :disappoint:

llama, I saw your answer, thanks. I actually remember you playing like that in the first game we played together and you were a civ.

Right now, I'm still thinking of voting Vomp. First, because he's lowered his post number drastically since we started pushing for him. If he doesn't care if he's lynched like he says, why not continue just the way he did before?

Then, there's AP, which I agree, made a cop out vote. Especially at the time of the vote. Also I see no difference between not voting at all and voting yourself or randomizing. That said, I've seen him do it before.

The last points regarding MP have some merit, but I still think I'm seeing civ MP. Like TH, I can't put my finger on it, but it's the opposite. I can't vote for him feeling like that. I hope I'm not wrong.

Lastly, there's Dom, who focuses on one person (MP), just like he did in the Champions' game, and he was bad. I still think that between the two, he's more likely bad.

So it's between Dom and Vompatti, but Dom doesn't seem to have any votes, so I guess I'll be voting for Vomp. I have 5 more minutes before I need to go
to be fair, I have brought up a few other points. My main point of discussion has been MP, but I have talked about other things as well.
I don't think the comparison to the Champions game is fair.
Turnip Head wrote:So... Vomps voted for Dom on Day 1 in the Are You Being Served game too.

Strange puzzlings.
How the hell do you remember that?! lol
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

@Dom: Because I was baddies with him, but I did go look it up to confirm. :p
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Okay, I'm voting for MP. He is my strongest suspicion so far.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DFaraday »

I still haven't found time to catch up, so I will vote myself and get down to reading the thread tonight.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

le sigh
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 124
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

I've yet to catch up, but I have no clue why I thought FZ was the person I needed to vote for. Anyways, I wanted to vote with the reasoning that a baddie would want to blend in, as well as might be motivated to discuss role before it's relevant. I thought both of these things were FZ, but apparently I was thinking of a non existent person. Might of still voted FZ, or another late voter compared to My read list (of which I didn't have a chance to review before I finalized my vote)
Pov: you reading my takes
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 352

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:le sigh
Sometimes one gets the impression that the baddies are all laughing behind one's back.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Vompatti »

Would you believe me if I told you I don't think A Person is a baddie?
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Vompatti wrote:Would you believe me if I told you I don't think A Person is a baddie?
Yes.

:confused:
Why am I/are we supposed to be shocked by this?
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Black Rock »

Well I just came to vote and missed it, without reading the past couple of pages I was going to vote for TH. I'm really going to have troubles with the lynch times this game. It's in the middle of my day.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I find myself completely underwhelmed by Made's explanation for his vote.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Not sure what to make of Made's reasoning, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time he's done something crazy.

S~V~S wrote: No.

(I had to pull a few of the quotes out becasue I hit the embed limit).

MP always seems bad to me, and Dom seldom does, so my opinion there is pointless, and I need to see that play out more. I don't think LC or BR are suspicious at this point. I can see both sides of the Vomp situation, and I dislike putting all the eggs in one basket, and it seems that the only reason he is suspish is that he is being active? Again, I need to see more. I was thinking that AP is acting too much like normal for him to glean much from his self vote, BUT~

MM seems to be ignoring the reason one might vote for AP other than the fact of a self vote, the strategic reasons for voting for anyone other than BWT at the end of the lynch. He keeps saying that it is because of the fact that he made a self vote, when that is not the reason for the suspish as I understand it. MM is acting like he is on a crusade to defend self voters. Plus, having read back in his posts it seems like he is trying to find reasons to suspect people.

So I am going to also vote AP. MM is defending him too hard.
I'm confused because you seem to be contradicting yourself with what you said in Champions:
S~V~S wrote:We only missed CAH one night~ there are blocks, dropped PMs etc. I would be more convinced of that re BR when there is no CAH 2 nights in a row. Plus there have been 2 NKs right?

@Epi~ do powers go through on the night someone dies?

I voted MP because he is playing the level civ game I came to expect from MP. The past while, he has been playing the hyper game i associate with his bad self more often than not, even when civ. This game, the enforced slow down, perhaps, from having to wait for a less prolific person to post, has done him some good, I think. I can't speak for the others, and am not sure why you would expect me to. Just because someone gets a lot of positive votes does not mean they have baddie teammates backing them up.

And I think TH is silenced. Zeek, what time did you get your PM? I was wondering about one or two others being possibly silenced, but they made a post or so after the Night Post. So it is possible they also got late PMs, or did not check their inbox. There is not a pop up notification in the light theme.
Or am I misunderstanding something?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 352

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose is being super lame and tells me she can't update the results until after work, so it's gonna be a while, y'all.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:Mongoose is being super lame and tells me she can't update the results until after work, so it's gonna be a while, y'all.
THE SUSPENSE
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 366
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Four other people voted for BWT because they saw it fit and did not invoke doing so despite hating to vote for someone who won't be able to defend himself (anymore). No hypocrisy there, I believe.
I don't know if llama is bad, but this seems like a weird reason to go after him. Why would he say that if he meant that in the case of BWT and then go and vote for him? So either, he meant it in regards to other people, like he claims, or he's a really silly baddie doing something like this
I'm willing to bet the former of the two. I think llama's post about lynching undefendable players and his vote for BWT are unrelated.

But I would like llama (and you) to explain why you want to lynch vomps today.
I haven't played a lot of games with Vompatti, but I think about 4-5. In one of them he was bad, and his behaviour was different than his other games. This one reminds me of it for a few reasons:
1. He joked about suspecting himself, which is what he did in that game?
2. He posts more serious game related posts
3. He's more involved.
Now, others can tell me they've seen him do 2 and 3 no matter what alignment, but if I keep letting people tell me this every time I have a suspicion, I don't see much point in playing the game
Can you list the games for us? Maybe someone else can do a read of them and analyze Vompatti's behaviour to see if they agree.
Does anyone else also think that this post from LC is just trying to set us up for a wild goose chase? Especially since he passed on the whole vomps' behavior anyway and voted AP?
No.

MP always seems bad to me, and Dom seldom does, so my opinion there is pointless, and I need to see that play out more. I don't think LC or BR are suspicious at this point. I can see both sides of the Vomp situation, and I dislike putting all the eggs in one basket, and it seems that the only reason he is suspish is that he is being active? Again, I need to see more. I was thinking that AP is acting too much like normal for him to glean much from his self vote, BUT~

MM seems to be ignoring the reason one might vote for AP other than the fact of a self vote, the strategic reasons for voting for anyone other than BWT at the end of the lynch. He keeps saying that it is because of the fact that he made a self vote, when that is not the reason for the suspish as I understand it. MM is acting like he is on a crusade to defend self voters. Plus, having read back in his posts it seems like he is trying to find reasons to suspect people.

I'm trying to defend the self-vote, not AP persay. But I guess my argument loses its ground the more players continue to self-vote. Regardless, I don't think AP would self-vote as a baddy for those reasons you offered. But in the end, you are voting him because I am defending him. Do you think I am bad? Why not vote me? Is there something about me "defending him too hard" that makes you think he is more bad than me? Certainly the bandwagon is appealing.

Yes I have been looking for things. None of the main topics of interest have pinged me, so I am trying to look elsewhere. I don't want to vote for llama, vomps, MP, or Dom. I would have considered a vote for Made for his odd vote, but I decided to wait. Bass pinged me, but apparently I was trying too hard there too. Roxy's vote today was a strange backpedal, but I didn't have time to look at it. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:I find myself completely underwhelmed by Made's explanation for his vote.
I certainly agree with you.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Not sure what to make of Made's reasoning, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time he's done something crazy.

S~V~S wrote: No.

I'm confused because you seem to be contradicting yourself with what you said in Champions:
S~V~S wrote:We only missed CAH one night~ there are blocks, dropped PMs etc. I would be more convinced of that re BR when there is no CAH 2 nights in a row. Plus there have been 2 NKs right?

@Epi~ do powers go through on the night someone dies?

I voted MP because he is playing the level civ game I came to expect from MP. The past while, he has been playing the hyper game i associate with his bad self more often than not, even when civ. This game, the enforced slow down, perhaps, from having to wait for a less prolific person to post, has done him some good, I think. I can't speak for the others, and am not sure why you would expect me to. Just because someone gets a lot of positive votes does not mean they have baddie teammates backing them up.

And I think TH is silenced. Zeek, what time did you get your PM? I was wondering about one or two others being possibly silenced, but they made a post or so after the Night Post. So it is possible they also got late PMs, or did not check their inbox. There is not a pop up notification in the light theme.
Or am I misunderstanding something?
Did you read any of my explanations about my feelings for you? Did you even read the post you just quoted in conjunction with what I said about you earlier this game? In Champs you were acting like old, level non-hyperbole MP. An abberation from most of your recent gameplay. In this game, you were acting like new hyperbole MP, who I ALWAYS think is bad.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Yes, I read them, S~V~S, I don't appreciate the insinuations that I haven't. But I understand what you're saying now, thank you.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I'm trying to defend the self-vote, not AP persay. But I guess my argument loses its ground the more players continue to self-vote. Regardless, I don't think AP would self-vote as a baddy for those reasons you offered. But in the end, you are voting him because I am defending him. Do you think I am bad? Why not vote me? Is there something about me "defending him too hard" that makes you think he is more bad than me? Certainly the bandwagon is appealing.

Yes I have been looking for things. None of the main topics of interest have pinged me, so I am trying to look elsewhere. I don't want to vote for llama, vomps, MP, or Dom. I would have considered a vote for Made for his odd vote, but I decided to wait. Bass pinged me, but apparently I was trying too hard there too. Roxy's vote today was a strange backpedal, but I didn't have time to look at it. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
(once again reached the embed limit)

You said yourself that you have to stop defending your fellow shredders, did not reply to my reply to that, then voted for someone based on their vote for AP. You ignored the reasons people voted for him that were not simply becasue he self voted. This sounds like you were defending AP, not his self vote.

I am looking forward to your vigorous defense of Faraday :haha:

Linki, it was not an insinuation, it was a touch of incredulity on my part. I posted something that you replied to less than a day ago that clearly explains the difference between those two posts. I am not making insinuations, sorry if it came across snarky.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

No, S~V~S, it's okay, I just got confused, but I get it now.

I'll hold off on any judgments until the results of this lynch are posted, but hopefully we catch a baddie, and if not hopefully this will be nonetheless illuminating.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

(once again reached the embed limit)

You said yourself that you have to stop defending your fellow shredders, did not reply to my reply to that, then voted for someone based on their vote for AP. You ignored the reasons people voted for him that were not simply becasue he self voted. This sounds like you were defending AP, not his self vote.

I am looking forward to your vigorous defense of Faraday :haha:

Linki, it was not an insinuation, it was a touch of incredulity on my part. I posted something that you replied to less than a day ago that clearly explains the difference between those two posts. I am not making insinuations, sorry if it came across snarky.
I'll look at that post again when I get a chance tonight (on my phone now).

The fact that LC voted AP is circumstantial, and slightly damning, lol.

Also, DF must be civ. :D

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 205
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I'm home, post in 2 licks.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Epignosis »

Speaking of licks, I voted for Jamie Gillis.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Day 1, Redux (Once More With Feeling):

"I feel like everything is a fantasy," said Vompatti.

"You wish," said A Person.

"Did you know that Frederico Fellini was a master of ethereal fantasy meets grounded reality?" said Timmer.

"What does that even mean?" asked Metalmarsh.

"Let's watch this girl dance," said Ricochet.

So they did.

"She was beautiful, and I'm sad she's dead," said Roxy.

"My teeth hurt," said Vompatti.

"If you like circus films, Fellini did La Strada," Bass helpfully offered.

"Oh, I should check out that documentary about Fellini himself," said Dom.

"Oh no, the decadence has killed A Person!" Long Con shouted.

"Is this what they meant by requiem for a dream?" asked SVS.

A Person has been lynched.

He was Darren Aronofsky.

It is Night 1. You have 24 hours to send in your PMs and vote in the (optional) night poll.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Re: [POLLS]: Film Director

Post by Mongoose »

Day 1 Poll (Do-Over)

Who put the junk in the trunk?
Poll ended at Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:43:52 pm

A Person
birdwithteeth11 (5), Long Con (8), Roxy (13), S~V~S (17), Canucklehead (19) 23%
Bass the Clever
No votes
BirdWithTeeth11
No votes
BlackRock
MovingPictures07 (16) 5%
Canucklehead
No votes
DFaraday
DFaraday (22) 5%
Dom
Vompatti (12) 5%
FZ.
Made (6) 5%
Lizzy
No votes
Long Con
Metalmarsh89 (15) 5%
Made
No votes
MetalMarsh
Bass_the_Clever (18) 5%
MovingPictures07
timmer (9), Dom (10), Turnip Head (21) 14%
Ninjablooper
No votes
Ricochet
No votes
Roxy
No votes
sabie12
No votes
SpaceDaisy
Spacedaisy (11) 5%
S~V~S
No votes
thellama73
Ricochet (4) 5%
Timmer
No votes
TurnipHead
No votes
Vompatti
nijuukyugou (3), thellama73 (7), FZ. (14) 14%
Edward G. Robinson (Host/Mod/NPs/etc).
Mongoose (1), zeek (2), Epignosis (20) 14%
Total votes : 22
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, that sucks. RIP AP.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Sorry, AP. :(
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, that sucks. Sorry AP :(
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Night Poll is up.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61

Post by timmer »

RIP, AP!
My siggie.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

RIP AP
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Vompatti »

awwwww!
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

What was the very last film you saw?

Mine was Luis Buñuel's Tristana (based on the novel of the same name), starring the effervescent Catherine Deneuve (did anyone catch her in the recentish film Potiche? I freakin loved that).

You've probably seen his classic short film Un Chien Andalou, but have you seen L'Age d'Or? Whoamg.

Deneuve shines brightly in Tristana.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 72

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Sorry Matt! RIP! :(

I went with the only PT Anderson film I've seen to date.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I haven't seen any of these.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I haven't seen any of these.
Oh crap, I hadn't anticipated that. So sorry! :blush:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Mongoose wrote:
I'm a film fail. :(
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
I'm a film fail. :(

Nah, you are here as an eager learner, and that makes you a winner winner chicken dinner.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

RIP AP :( What was the case on him? I was surprised to see the result, but perhaps that resulted in a poor read. I will myself attempt to go back more carefully and see, but a summary would be appreciated since six pages of reading have popped up since last night :huh:

I have only seen one of the movies on the poll, and I enjoyed it because it was kinda messed up in that good film sort of way. Perhaps I should watch more of his films?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”