The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [ENDGAME]

Who killed spacedaisy...I mean, of course you know. Should he die?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

DharmaHelper
40%
zeek
10%
A Person (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 441

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 4]

Post by DharmaHelper »

Boomslang wrote:
Dom wrote:Note: next time I'm getting heat-- I'll just say I can't play for a week-- no one will vote for me.

(Not saying Bass is lying, I'm just pointing out how dumb that is)
Agreed. In the interest of making Bass a more valid option for discussion and to forestall a Dom bandwagon picking up steam, I'll vote now.
Perhaps most interestingly, Boom voted for Bass over Dom in the Sorcerers vs. Suits lynch. In his own words attempting to halt a Dom bandwagon. Why would he do that for someone who he had been going back and forth with the whole game?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 463
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 8]

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, what a case!

Switching vote to Boomslang.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Putting vote on Daisy for now, but that was a compelling case on Boomslang. Way to Judy Clarke that thing.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

S~V~S wrote:I have always thought that if you are going to use a set of facts to bolster your case, you need to use the whole set. If the whole set does not fit your thesis, you need to disregard them ALL.

Looking at some votes but not others is kinda sketchy, Timmer. Or you could know something, or believe you know something, and are trying pretty desperately to build a case in a hard environment. But I think some of the stuff you said about Bea earlier in the game was kinda sketchy, so not so sure about you having info. And if I don't think you have info, I can only view this as sketchy, tbh.

This is starting to feel like endgame; even though we have 19 living players, it seems that only about half of them are even moderately active, and less than that totally active. Very odd. I have been looking at the Night Kills, mostly fairly active players from both teams. I would expect a baddie DH to be killing the non players, tbh, were he bad. He wants to play and would rather have living adversaries who fight back, not kill all the active civvies and have an end game of lynching Sabie, reywaS & Lorab. I think DH would HATE that, which is also part of why I don't think he is a baddie.

I could be wrong and he could be playing me to bits, and were it just for his posts I might have thought so. But I really think that if DH had a kill, we would still have Turnip Head, Roxy or FZ and we would NOT have Sabie, Lizzy or some other non-player. Just my opinion, but I am not seeing bad DH.

I sent something out the other night to someone I trusted and it got redirected to someone that makes me a little nervous. The redirector is on the Sorcerer team, so they already know I am not Voldy. I am just trying to figure out if they would redirect something of mine to one of themselves or not.
Spacedaisy wrote:When you see who I flip, consider what I've said.

I also received something last night but I don't understand the point of it. Whatever...

Also, That was a typo, it should say I haven't got a read on Juliets...
Putting these together, I think it seems possible that baddies, knowing you're Snape, would redirect your potions to themselves. It's actually the biggest factor for me saying that Daisy might be bad, because I haven't necessarily read her that way otherwise. A bit speculative, but the potential gains for the Sorcerers seem clear.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Juliets, I think Daisy got confused between when the days ended, since she's playing both Film and here.

What the heck are people talking about with bea? Did I miss something where she was confirmed civilian? Or when S~V~S threw a fit over talking about Russ being a possible role and yet now everyone seems to think just because bea made some hint that she's good?
I don't so much mind the fact that she hinted (that's been ubiquitous this game), but I am still confused about what she's hinting at. S~V~S seems crazy sure on it. So if anyone wants to clear that up that'd be great. I don't see the harm, it's pretty much an open secret at this point anyway.
zeek wrote: DharmaHelper I thought was Suit with Snow Dog. Evidently the last lynch pissed all over that theory and, while I'm still suspicious, also reconsidering. His voting record is still quite suspect and it struck me as odd he brought up Daisy's when his is no better. Pot, kettle, black.
I'm kind of with timmer on this one (I think). Since basically the whole case on Snowy was that he was related to DH, doesn't him flipping bad look really bad for DH?? Please explain how it makes DH look any better to you at all.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Night 7]

Post by Russtifinko »

zeek wrote:
timmer wrote:You know, I actually had Snowy down as a probable suit, not a sorcerer lol. So snowy took a chance and voted his own teammate in the Dom/Bass lynch. I've got to revisit some ideas before tomorrow!
THIS.

The whole basis of the case against him turned out to be wrong but he was bad anyway :noble:
More and more lately I think this is how mafia works. :p
DharmaHelper wrote:We had to answer questions? Oops.
Yeah I didn't pick up on that either, it just looked like literary device to me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

DH beat me to it on the case building on Boomslang thing. I will only add that Boom has been posting less and less lately, and hasn't posted since Day 7. So if you ascribe to the theory that the Suits missed a PM (and I think it seems likely, since Epi tends to describe the behind-the-scenes action on kills in his Night posts), then I think Boom looks a lot worse.

I also am now feeling less good about DH than before, with Snowy's flip, though I still want week to explain the other side of that to me, and I think Daisy could be bad based on what I mentioned above. Right now that's probably the order I'd feel most comfortabel voting.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Some thoughts:

I think people are getting overheated about this debate about non-participants being baddies vs. blocked/missed kills. Thinking one of the baddies is inactive is not out of the question. I think Russ also made a good point that Epi usually puts a narrative about the action behind the scenes (switching, blocking, or role protection). However, I can also see the kill just being blocked but without detailing it in the night post. I guess my point is that I'm not gonna freak out if someone wants to say at least one baddie is inactive. I can see, however (and perhaps this is the true place where the heat is coming from), that gunning for JUST the inactive players, while ignoring suspects being discussed just last night and the last day period, does look a bit suspicious.

So, going on the side of inactive/busy (but not totally inactive) players being bad, Made is viable for me (I espoused this theory in my last post), while DH's breakdown of Boomslang's behavior and voting record could go both ways (that is, he could be the active baddie who forgot, or the relatively inactive baddie. Baddie either way). I could vote for either of them today, more likely Boomslang at this point.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Arglebargle, maybe I should go ahead and change my vote.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I'm as committal as your college boyfriend.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Elohcin »

zeek wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Or maybe I'm just fucking with all of you. :feb:

That's up to you to decide.
Trolling.

I agree it's unlikely but I think we can agree stranger stuff happens in Mafia than a team intentionally not killing. I don't see your logic though, because one Suit may be inactive it's a good idea to essentially pick randomly to lynch one? That's D1 shit, not D8. If that's true, lynch Boddy and the Suit kill is gone until the inactive one is found.

linki - Just seeing if this was an emotional argument against lynching Daisy.
I agree with a lot of this. MP your playstyle is really weird this game. I do not trust you (as I know I have said before).
MovingPictures07 wrote:I live with her every day. I just have not once questioned her intentions this game. They have completely read me as 100% genuine. And I am well known for being paranoid for Daisy, but I am just not seeing it here. She's WAY too careful of a baddie for the "evidence" to incriminate her as such an easy teammate. It just is not Daisy.
There really is no substance in this statement.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, S~V~S, fine. But then you or NO ONE ELSE can say I didn't warn you. I don't know why I care so much anyway, I don't need the civilians to win. :shrug:

I just can't help wanting them to win.
And this....this just sounds like bull shit.

Now....all that aside...the Boom case really outweighs any other atm imo. I'm kind of shocked that I seem to be agreeing with DH's posts lately. *votes Boom*
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Playstyle is really weird? I'm an outed Independent, what do you expect? :P
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 259

Post by timmer »

S~V~S wrote:I have always thought that if you are going to use a set of facts to bolster your case, you need to use the whole set. If the whole set does not fit your thesis, you need to disregard them ALL.

Looking at some votes but not others is kinda sketchy, Timmer. Or you could know something, or believe you know something, and are trying pretty desperately to build a case in a hard environment. But I think some of the stuff you said about Bea earlier in the game was kinda sketchy, so not so sure about you having info. And if I don't think you have info, I can only view this as sketchy, tbh.
:wall:

I aint tryin' ter only use sum info. And there is nah info leadin' me posts. But tryin' ter put everythin' together chicken pen I 'ave ter Rabbit and Pork loike this sucks cobbler's awls. So I am pointin' lil' things aahhht that I fin' 're worf noticin'.

I adam 'n eve ya 're Robin Hood.

I strongly adam 'n eve that wahn of daisy or dharma 'elper 're Sorry and Sad, but I cannot be Bobby of which. i'm quite torn abaht it.

And dharma 'elper, I apologize if it seems loike I 'ave flipped Hammer and Tack and forf on ya aw game, I am tryin' me Mae West.

:sigh:
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Russtifinko wrote:
I'm kind of with timmer on this one (I think). Since basically the whole case on Snowy was that he was related to DH, doesn't him flipping bad look really bad for DH?? Please explain how it makes DH look any better to you at all.
It is an idea, but it may not be a Robin Hood wahn. dharma 'elper 'as made a pretty Robin Hood defense. And the bloomin' case on boom Matheson Lang aint Sorry and Sad at aw. :ponder:
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I seriously cannot understand what timmer has been saying at all.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Basically, the more it seems loike teammates voted for each ovver, the less we can trust the lynches ter find more Sorry and Sad guys.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I seriously cannot understand what timmer has been saying at all.
:offtobed:
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorry man, the insanification is just too weird for me. XD
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry man, the insanification is just too weird for me. XD
I'm dying
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:@Epi - since there was nothing about a target in the night post,
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Does that mean the two remaining Suits could be someone completely inactive and someone mostly active but just so happened to miss this last PM?
Since apparently this was directed at me, and I was supposed to answer it, I will do so gladly:

:shrug:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry man, the insanification is just too weird for me. XD

'a abaht that?

:disappoint:
My siggie.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

well..I have to say that I actually understand a lot of what timmer is saying. I think its the best insanifier I've seen yet. I just want to know what he is actually saying when it translates "sorry and sad." Hilarious!
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Elohcin wrote:well..I have to say that I actually understand a lot of what timmer is saying. I think its the best insanifier I've seen yet. I just want to know what he is actually saying when it translates "sorry and sad." Hilarious!
Sna Cherry Hogg, dom, dfaraday and Beggar Boys Face 're Sorry and Sad!!! :srsnod:
My siggie.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

timmer wrote:
Elohcin wrote:well..I have to say that I actually understand a lot of what timmer is saying. I think its the best insanifier I've seen yet. I just want to know what he is actually saying when it translates "sorry and sad." Hilarious!
Sna Cherry Hogg, dom, dfaraday and Beggar Boys Face 're Sorry and Sad!!! :srsnod:
I feel like I'm watching Lock Stock or Snatch without subtitles
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

timmer wrote:
I think I got it all except "Beggar"
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Elohcin wrote:
timmer wrote:
I think I got it all except "Beggar"
:|
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

timmer wrote:

'a abaht that?

:disappoint:
:haha:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

MP, sorry I just now was reading in the thread and saw you asked who I might be looking for for a vote. Currently I'm looking at Boomslang, Made, and Daisy. I'm re-reading them but also keeping my mind open for an aha! moment by me or someone else about someone else.

About bea and why I would defend her so hard. This isn't going to help at all but there was something specific that I don't want to talk about that leads me to defend bea. I don't want to give anything more specific because there are baddies about looking for people to kill.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Well, finally caught up.
timmer wrote:Long con, ya 'ave said dharma 'elper is Sorry and Sad aw game. 'a Bobby of this 're ya? Are ya George?
Blimey! I 'ave rarely been mawer sure van I am wiv DH. Nuff said, yeah?
MovingPictures07 wrote:I frankly am starting to wonder if we let a baddie slip by with DH because he's contradicting himself, clearly, and the main reason I even flipped on him was because of Russ, whom no one else seems to believe was hinting.
Slip by? DH hasn't slipped by. He's just patiently waiting for his lynch.

*votes DharmaHelper* ... one of these days, my vote is going to join with others, and we will lynch a baddie.

People I trust for now: bea, Elohcin, S~V~S, Timmer, zeek

A lot of the cases sound pretty good right now. I don't believe much of what MP is saying, I think that DH is a recruit and Spacedaisy is The Narrator, and that they could easily both be bad.

Snape, you can send messages? Send me one. I want to make sure I don't go for your lynch. I want proof it's you. Without proof, there's a whole interesting series of posts to go through for me in a few days. :srsnod: For realsies.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Boomslang, Made... they could both be bad too. Too many suspects, not enough baddie roles. :(
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

How confident are you about DH, LC, if you put it into a percentage?

And why are you so confident?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:How confident are you about DH, LC, if you put it into a percentage?

Honestly, I don't think he is confident about anything regarding me. I think he's frustrated that nobody has taken his bait thusfar and now he's resorting to projecting this confidence to get a civvie lynched.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:How confident are you about DH, LC, if you put it into a percentage?

Honestly, I don't think he is confident about anything regarding me. I think he's frustrated that nobody has taken his bait thusfar and now he's resorting to projecting this confidence to get a civvie lynched.
Do you think LC is bad then?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote: Honestly, I don't think he is confident about anything regarding me. I think he's frustrated that nobody has taken his bait thusfar and now he's resorting to projecting this confidence to get a civvie lynched.
Do ya 'ave any idea why long con 'as been so obseesed wif ya aw game?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Long Con wrote:Well, finally caught up.
timmer wrote:Long con, ya 'ave said dharma 'elper is Sorry and Sad aw game. 'a Bobby of this 're ya? Are ya George?
Do ya fin' dharma 'elper is on a particular Sorry and Sad team, or do ya just fin' 'e is Sorry and Sad in general?
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I think Sorry and Sad should be used instead of baddie forever.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I 'ave a feelin' abaht dharma 'elper and long con. but I do not kna which end is which. I must fin' longer.

@MP, Donald duck yeah! :haha:
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote: Honestly, I don't think he is confident about anything regarding me. I think he's frustrated that nobody has taken his bait thusfar and now he's resorting to projecting this confidence to get a civvie lynched.
Do ya 'ave any idea why long con 'as been so obseesed wif ya aw game?

I've considered that it may be related to the Day 1 exchange we had. He did say something similar happened with Dom that rather ticked him off. I hope I didn't upset him that much.

And whoever asked (MP or Timmer, I can't be bothered to open another window as I'm typing this :P ) I don't think there is any really solid evidence that puts LC on a baddie team but he could be an indie? :shrug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DH, will you forgive an old crazy sock for doubting you again?

I now see the error of my ways!!!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:DH, will you forgive an old crazy sock for doubting you again?

I now see the error of my ways!!!
Uh, sure? :haha:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

:feb:
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I do not wanna Scapa Fla into details. but I 'ave just put together a certain 'unch. I will not be votin' for either long con or dharma 'elper at any point in the chuffin' near future. I do not fin' either of them is on a Sorry and Sad team, and the bloomin' Sorry and Sad teams 're the people I need brahn bread.
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

timmer wrote:I do not wanna Scapa Fla into details. but I 'ave just put together a certain 'unch. I will not be votin' for either long con or dharma 'elper at any point in the chuffin' near future. I do not fin' either of them is on a Sorry and Sad team, and the bloomin' Sorry and Sad teams 're the people I need brahn bread.
:ponder:

Intrigued to how you came to this conclusion.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
timmer wrote:I do not wanna Scapa Fla into details. but I 'ave just put together a certain 'unch. I will not be votin' for either long con or dharma 'elper at any point in the chuffin' near future. I do not fin' either of them is on a Sorry and Sad team, and the bloomin' Sorry and Sad teams 're the people I need brahn bread.
:ponder:

Intrigued to how you came to this conclusion.
Explainin' while at Kathy Burke will be difficult. I will try chicken pen at Pope in Rome mashed potato.

:wall:
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Plus if I explain, it would prolly be outin' a player's role which would not be Harry Kewell.

But their responses ter wot I said will speak volumes ter me 'unch, I aint Bobby which way is which.
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Interesting!

Well, I suppose I'll keep my vote on Boomslang for now then.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I've stated my suspicions of DH several times, just click my In Topic linky and do a little search. The reasons are still the same. I can see it very clearly, DH is a baddie.

I can wait as long as you guys need to to lynch him though. I'm not tearing my hair out to get it done any more, he's done such a fantastic job of surviving. I'll just wait until you come around. Maybe the people I trust are awesomely hoodwinking me, I don't know. Let me know when you're ready for the DH lynch, and you can count on my vote. Otherwise, I think I stated my other suspects and trusteds a few posts up. You can probably count on me to vote them if they come up for lynch contention.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

timmer wrote:
Do ya fin' dharma 'elper is on a particular Sorry and Sad team, or do ya just fin' 'e is Sorry and Sad in general?
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

timmer wrote:
timmer wrote:
There has been evidence to say he's a Suit, but even without that evidence, I find his behaviour to be baddielike. His 'case' about me having a double-standard, etc, and his ludicrous claim about his Day One actions. It's... just... so... OBVIOUS!!!!!
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Long Con wrote:There has been evidence to say he's a Suit, but even without that evidence, I find his behaviour to be baddielike. His 'case' about me having a double-standard, etc, and his ludicrous claim about his Day One actions. It's... just... so... OBVIOUS!!!!!
Alwigh' then. :eek:
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Maybe if DH explains again, in detail, how his "Day 1 Gambit" was supposed to work. I'd like him to pay particular attention to how he expected Made and the others to react, why it was reasonable to expect them to react that way, and how he determined Made was bad from the whole gambit.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”