Total votes: 14
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 205
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: [Night 1]: Film Directors.

Post by Mongoose »

I have responded to everyone that sent me a night action. If you sent me a night action and I have not responded, please poke me ASAP.

While you wait for the official night post, here is a word from Eisenstein:

So ladies and gents what are crazy day phase. First people voted BWT to be lynched and he ends up being a really helpful role that could help the civs out a lot if used right. Thank the flim gods for Stanley Kubrick. So now it's day 1.2 and a lot of ideas and theories were being thrown around. MP and Dom are at each other's throats which seems to be the norm now and days. The one person who stuck out the most to the majority was A Person who's self vote seemed to be opportunistic. Poor Darren Aronofsky never had a chance to show off his math skills. Lets try to get it right Day 2 everyone.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 124
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: [Day 1]: Film Directors.

Post by Tangrowth »

Mongoose, that is the best reason I've ever heard for a delayed night post.

Black Rock wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:BR, I appreciate your clarification, but clearly you thought I was worth looking at before my vote deliberations yesterday. So... can you explain that? You keep citing the back and forth between me and Dom, but you still haven't explained why you think I'm bad, or maybe I'm misunderstanding. But it doesn't make me feel any better about you, since everyone knows I'm being suspected heavily by at least two other players (Dom and TH) before you even mentioned me AND everyone knows I'm always easy to get lynched.

If you think I took the easy way out, so be it, but I have a history of voting more like this when I'm a civilian, whereas if I'm bad I'll gladly vote a top lynch contender, especially if I can vote for a teammate.

I thought I said you were worth keeping an eye on and I wasn't going to dismiss you and Dom as civ on civ, or something to that effect. I now since then found you more suspicious because of your throw away vote. I would have to read my post again to absolutely know what I said but I think you are taking what I said and putting some sort of heavier meaning to it. A lot of that was because a few people were dismissing your back and forth with Dom and I thought that was premature.
Okay. Fair enough, I'll give you the BOTD for now. I guess I did read into the meaning more than what you intended, especially given I see that you were really expressing an opinion to emphasize you disagreed with the civ v. civ sentiment.

What do you think of S~V~S?
Mongoose

Re: [Day 2]: Film Directors.

Post by Mongoose »

Night 1: Day, Night, Day, Night

Has anyone seen the movie Day Night Day Night? I watched it when it first came out, and it's been with me ever since.

"It's haunting in a truly cerebral way," mentioned Long Con.

"It looks funny now when 'ture' or its derivatives are spelled correctly," said Sockface.

"That film isn't rated very highly on IMDb," said Black Rock.

"But it's a tour de force performance from the lead actress!" insisted Sabie.

"Maybe I will get it on Netflix, I've heard it was based on an opera from the 1700s," trolled Llama.

Sabie was standing under a chandelier, which you aren't supposed to do if you are a character in a film.

Someone cut the wires to the chandelier and it plummeted toward her! At the very last second, she was pushed out of the way by an unseen hand.

No one has died. You have 48 hours to find her attacker.

It is now Day 2.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, no death, awesome!

What a weird NK choice though... Sabie?? :eek:
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 352

Re: [Night 1]: Film Directors.

Post by thellama73 »

Woooo! No death!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Dom »

yey!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61

Post by timmer »

Nice night!

A little disappointed that eisenstein's recap wasn't in the form of a montage, but what can ya do?

I'll do a full catchup in this game tomorrow morning, I've been too invested in the Champs game so far.
My siggie.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

timmer wrote:'ve been too invested in the Champs game so far.
Why do you keep saying this
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

So... the Coen Brothers protected the same person they decided to kill? Is this supposed to make us suspect Sabie? :shrug:

If the Even night killers had killed last night, I would have been all over a Sabie vote, but this is just weird.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote:So... the Coen Brothers protected the same person they decided to kill? Is this supposed to make us suspect Sabie? :shrug:

If the Even night killers had killed last night, I would have been all over a Sabie vote, but this is just weird.
I don't get it either.

There's also no redirect in the roles; at least, I didn't see one.
Made
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Here's my train of thought ( and i have yet to read night 2 so stand by) The person who would had approved a sabie killed would be someone who knew her the least. So I'd cross off Llama and most people who made it to end game in felt?

Also, LC, what?
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Reread roles, I think it's more likely that Sabie saved herself for that very reason. I'll prolly catch up tomorrow morning
Pov: you reading my takes
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 325
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote:So... the Coen Brothers protected the same person they decided to kill? Is this supposed to make us suspect Sabie? :shrug:
Surely there must be another explanation, because that sounds like crazy talk.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote:
I agree.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

There are plenty of role blocks. Mongoose may just have written the post that way without meaning to give a hint.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 366
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Made wrote:Reread roles, I think it's more likely that Sabie saved herself for that very reason. I'll prolly catch up tomorrow morning
I doubt it. That means her own team tried to kill her as well.

I'm in agreement with llama. I bet it's one of the roleblockers doings.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61

Post by FZ. »

Woot, no death!

This could be a RB, but why Sabbie in the first place? I don't remember anything she's said.

In terms of how stories go, does it matter if it's a save or a block? Would the story be different?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 278

Post by S~V~S »

FZ., generally, not always, but generally, a block is written either without the target, or the killer is foiled before he can attempt to kill. Like the scissors used to cut the chandelier wires would have been knocked from his hand, or the would have broken trying to cut the wires. A save involves the victim, and the kill is portrayed as having went through BUT something saves the specific victim, like Sabie was pushed out of the way. Which is what happened here. BUT... some hosts portray all fail kills the same.

@Mongoose~ lovely hostess, are all fail kills portrayed the same way, or are distinctions made?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:Reread roles, I think it's more likely that Sabie saved herself for that very reason. I'll prolly catch up tomorrow morning
I doubt it. That means her own team tried to kill her as well.

I'm in agreement with llama. I bet it's one of the roleblockers doings.
Why do you dismiss the possibility of her own team trying to kill her out of hand? It has been done before. I don't know that I would do it this early... but that doesn't mean others might not.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Mongoose, that is the best reason I've ever heard for a delayed night post.

Black Rock wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:BR, I appreciate your clarification, but clearly you thought I was worth looking at before my vote deliberations yesterday. So... can you explain that? You keep citing the back and forth between me and Dom, but you still haven't explained why you think I'm bad, or maybe I'm misunderstanding. But it doesn't make me feel any better about you, since everyone knows I'm being suspected heavily by at least two other players (Dom and TH) before you even mentioned me AND everyone knows I'm always easy to get lynched.

If you think I took the easy way out, so be it, but I have a history of voting more like this when I'm a civilian, whereas if I'm bad I'll gladly vote a top lynch contender, especially if I can vote for a teammate.

I thought I said you were worth keeping an eye on and I wasn't going to dismiss you and Dom as civ on civ, or something to that effect. I now since then found you more suspicious because of your throw away vote. I would have to read my post again to absolutely know what I said but I think you are taking what I said and putting some sort of heavier meaning to it. A lot of that was because a few people were dismissing your back and forth with Dom and I thought that was premature.
Okay. Fair enough, I'll give you the BOTD for now. I guess I did read into the meaning more than what you intended, especially given I see that you were really expressing an opinion to emphasize you disagreed with the civ v. civ sentiment.

What do you think of S~V~S?
I think I am a civ.

Iirc, she said I pinged her. I want to hear about that, too. Thanks for reminding me :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 322

Post by Ricochet »

Woo, no death! But what an intriguing outcome, indeed.

I think it's safe to say that Sabie, at this point, is the only inactive player (i.e. didn't participate in-game, didn't vote in-game). I went over her posts: she posted a bit on Day 0 (and voted for a director) and excused herself for not managing to play on Day 1.

I can imagine the bad team targeting her for being the most inactive.
I can also imagine, given how many role-block powers are, that one or two civs must have considered the idea of inactive/low-posters being targeted, at least, and it paid off, obviously.
I can imagine even less Sabie actually coming her during the Night to save herself, yet not post anything in the game while at it (not even another excuse), but there's no way of knowing this at all.
I can imagine the least Sabie being a baddie and being both targeted and protected. It would a very, very slick baddie move. I'm more certain she is actually highly inactive, just like AP proved to be, and I wouldn't follow this line of suspicion again, at least not right now. Besides, the Coens have only one protection available and, while I can't figure out how they can use it best, it'd seem a waste at this point.

---

Who are you going after this Day, folks? I have to study the Vomps case, as promised, and maybe look back at everything posted by SVS, since there's a big case brewing on her, apparently.

I'll be fairly busy today because of a class I have to prepare for and personal issues, so I'll probably spend this day just trying to do what I said above.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

It doesn't say they have only one protection.
Coen Bros. Jewish brothers who often use the same actors in their films. Can call upon the Golem to protect a player.
Generally this means every night if not specified. If it was only one, it would say "Once in the game" or words to that effect.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Edit~

@Mongoose~ is this a one time Golem, or a nightly Golem?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote:
Who are you going after this Day, folks? I have to study the Vomps case, as promised, and maybe look back at everything posted by SVS, since there's a big case brewing on her, apparently.

I'll be fairly busy today because of a class I have to prepare for and personal issues, so I'll probably spend this day just trying to do what I said above.
There is?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

There is?
So I read.

My bad on the Coens.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

There is?
So I read.

My bad on the Coens.
Can you point this out to me?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Mostly the discussion post-AP kill, pages 22-23.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Can you give me specifics, please? I have my posts set to 60 per page. I only have 17 pages of posts.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I have to go in 15 mins. Can't you track what was posted right after AP's lynch as announced? I could do it, if you still want, but only later.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

LOL, you come and drop that into the thread, and won't back it up? I read after the lynch, and did not see that any "big case" was coming up. I would lke to know why YOU think a big case is coming up.

Cause I don't see it :)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am leaving in about 15 minutes myself. I have time.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:LOL, you come and drop that into the thread, and won't back it up? I read after the lynch, and did not see that any "big case" was coming up. I would lke to know why YOU think a big case is coming up.

Cause I don't see it :)
Sorry if you read it that way. I only meant I'll look into what others have brought up during the Night, and significantly so. By ”big case” I meant something enough members reacted to. The only thing I imagine "coming up" is more input on it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

There has been a lot of talk about a lot of people, interesting that the only big case coming that you see is on me.

Which other members are you referring to? I am beginning to think that maybe you heard about this big case in your chatroom.

Now I am looking forward to seeing who presents the big case :)
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I can tell that you are now fully in game mode, but you keep twisting my original post over and over.

Did I say you are ”the only big case coming"? No. I said I'll look into Vomps (who now worries me with his style of baddie-pretence defence) and you (who have been questioned by others for your AP vote). I believe these two were the more significant talks during N1 and, therefore, I need to look more into it myself.

"Which other members are you referring to? I am beginning to think that maybe you heard about this big case in your chatroom."
No, I said I read it in the thread. Are you making yourself intentionally oblivious to what was posted during N1? Why didn't you address yet what was questioned about you, by the way?

Again, I am not the one suspecting you or making a case (big or not) about you, at the moment.

For now, though, I really must be going.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I did not twist anything. You said YOU were looking at Comps; you said a big case was coming about me. You did not say you suspected me yourself. Indeed, you said you had to read up on me because of that big case coming.

And I am fairly sure I addressed anything I had to unless it was buried in a giant post. Can you be more specific?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

*Vomps not Comps goddamned autocorrect
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

YOu didn't address the question I asked you multiple ties, SVS. I'm pulling the quotes now, if you'll hang on.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

thellama73 wrote:Okay, I just reread the cases on AP. Roxy and SVS both broke ties in favor of AP, and SVS and Canucklehead both offered MM's actions as a (partial) defense of their vote.
S~V~S wrote: MP always seems bad to me, and Dom seldom does, so my opinion there is pointless, and I need to see that play out more. I don't think LC or BR are suspicious at this point. I can see both sides of the Vomp situation, and I dislike putting all the eggs in one basket, and it seems that the only reason he is suspish is that he is being active? Again, I need to see more. I was thinking that AP is acting too much like normal for him to glean much from his self vote, BUT~

MM seems to be ignoring the reason one might vote for AP other than the fact of a self vote, the strategic reasons for voting for anyone other than BWT at the end of the lynch. He keeps saying that it is because of the fact that he made a self vote, when that is not the reason for the suspish as I understand it. MM is acting like he is on a crusade to defend self voters. Plus, having read back in his posts it seems like he is trying to find reasons to suspect people.

So I am going to also vote AP. MM is defending him too hard.
SVS actually said this sort of thing three times. My question to SVS and Canuck is this:
If MM's behavior was what was pinging you (defending someone too hard) doesn't that reflect worse on MM than on AP? Why not vote for MM, then? I don't understand the logic of "X is behaving like a baddie, so I'm voting Y."

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Your name was brought up a lot of times, not just by me, but by MP and MM and Rico and others. You really didn't see any of that?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thanks for the quotes, I missed them.

I voted AP cause I thought MM was defending him, and AP already had votes. I thought MM was defending him too hard, tbh.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And I saw my name, I missed any direct questions. I thought the reason for my vote was clear. And name a game where MP does not bring up my name:)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Thanks for the quotes, I missed them.

I voted AP cause I thought MM was defending him, and AP already had votes. I thought MM was defending him too hard, tbh.
But it was still early. Why not go after MM instead of AP? YOu could have gotten three votes on MM easily if you had tried. Sometimes baddies defend civs hard because they know they are not on their team, and safe to defend. It just seems like weird logic to me.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I thought they were teammates. This is not apparent?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:I thought they were teammates. This is not apparent?
I think you might be a teammate of Vomps. I don't like the timing of your vote or the reasoning behind it. But rather than lynch you, I would prefer to lynch Vomps first. If he flips civ, you will look a lot better. If he flips bad, you will look a lot worse. I think it makes no sense to lynch you first for the same reason I thought it made no sense to lynch AP before MM.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 325
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

SVS, what led you to conclude that MM and AP could be teammates? Was it just that MM was defending AP's Day 1 self-vote?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Did Llama offered you the quotes you wanted, SVS? That was the main issue I was referencing, myself, anyway. I still find it intriguing that you would have read all that and not want to address it, missing or not any direct questions.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:Edit~

@Mongoose~ is this a one time Golem, or a nightly Golem?
This is a nightly golem.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Vompatti »

i wouldn't mind a nightly golem
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:@Mongoose~ lovely hostess, are all fail kills portrayed the same way, or are distinctions made?
Hiya Mongoose. I'd love an answer to this when you get a chance.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Vompatti wrote:i wouldn't mind a nightly golem
They're bad for your teeth tho

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:I thought they were teammates. This is not apparent?
But why condemn AP for MM's actions when we have no proof that MM is bad?

Return to “Previous Jobs”