Jeff
Posts in topic: 230
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Wolfwalkers Lá a Trí (D3)

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:00 am
Scotty wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:54 am
MartinGG99 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:22 am
robyn wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:12 pm oh fuck they self voted, i will post more upon rereading the entire thread
GTH leaning genuine reaction here

ignoring lack of good familiarity with robyn for the moment
Wait, I just realized Robyn is like not even aware DM was chopped here
To add on to this: I think Robyn is too good a wolf to be cleared off a derp.

She’s c-o-a-s-t-i-n-b
Yep, coastinb
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 174
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

I mean, I guess I agree if its derping on whoever was chopped.

But I just thought it meant they didn't look at the voters and just looked at flip prior. I sometimes do that.

Especially if a flip gives a headache.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Master Radishes »

My issue with the slanky mafia theory is: who is garebear's partner? Who else is inactive enough to have forgotten a kill? I just don't really believe anyone is. Even Robyn showed awareness of the game being on and would've done something in 24h.

So even if garebear is mafia, which is perfectly reasonable, I don't think that necessarily explains the lack of NK because they'll have at least one partner who could've submitted.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Also I dunno I'm willing to wait for a sub.
Master Radishes
Hitman

I hate voting off 0 posting slots. I find it suboptimal.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Maybe we're secretly being arsoned or something.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 174
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

arson sounds plausible till it no longer explains why the lord protecter (eod1 flip) would have a 1-shot protection

like even if the mafia had an extra 1x night on the side besides the arson, you would have to be preety lucky to use the protection on a person who will be killed the same night of the attack

and yes killing care bear (I'm just going to start consistently calling gare that to make fun of their seeming lack of caring) is suboptimal

but the circumstantial theory that the n1/n2 lack of kills being connected to gare will never be resolved unless he flips

and I don't have the confidence that any replacement would be better -- I can't really speculate/elaborate on that further for raisins
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Master Radishes
Hitman

MartinGG99 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:22 am arson sounds plausible till it no longer explains why the lord protecter (eod1 flip) would have a 1-shot protection

like even if the mafia had an extra 1x night on the side besides the arson, you would have to be preety lucky to use the protection on a person who will be killed the same night of the attack
Yeah no I thought of that as soon as I posted it.

But my point is still that unknown mech is just as likely as an inactive scum team.
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

Stick: do you still agree that wigly’s play is uncentered like you prematurely stated in post #185

Page 7 feels like the first page with actual content, DM calls wigly scum and wigly immediately gaslights and discredits her. Which is just not what i’d expect of wigly dealing with suspicion because instead of sorting it felt like he got mad and immediately went to discredit her. Especially as DM isn’t the most articulate person here and wigly is quite nice with his rhetoric. I wouldn’t be surprised if Wigly ends up voting DM at eod [i can’t be asked to check my own post to see but this is just to see if my logic holds, and i wonder if wigly found alternate reasoning to vote DM]

Post 386 is just extremely aggressive and i’m not sure why wigly is hardlining for a DM chop based off DM suspecting wigly. He basically asserts that DM is trying to discredit Wigly when that’s literally the opposite of reality, it’s genuine gaslighting. Wigly went and played a w/w game with DM and should know that monroe is just not articulate at all and would get tripped and thrashed in an argument where posturing and rhetoric are being used heavily. DM points out that wigly’s vote d1 was bad and shades him for it which is not inaccurate especially because DM raised concerns about what wigly has been doing. I’m not sure why wigly basically says all theatrically that “This comment really does nothing for you, town OR the gamestate yet you felt the need to do it?” and this quote ends up turning consensus against wigly because he’s essentially refuting shade in an overly aggressive way and is making DM looking quite bad

It’s just strange behavior from wigly, i’m used to someone that would not be ultra manipulative or aggressive, he’d talk it out and try to find DM’s alignment and instead he went and decided to suspect her from the first sign that DM suspected wigly. They just wolfed together so wigly should have a rand< read on her and DM should have a rand< read on DM and her general aesthetic and general weakness when it comes to writing and expressing themself. Which is all to say that nobody is illogical and i think that dm correctly self voted after the blatant manipulation and aggression that wigly showed. If i had to bet dm would leave a legacy that says kill wigly

p#389 is also garbage because as of right now baker is my top townread

P#427 is quite good by MR, i feel like all of stick’s posts are well within both of her ranges and she feels kind of aimless only speaking and acting in the moment. To top it off she’s incredibly self conscious and makes posts referencing that same self consciousness. And as town i expect stick to have agenda, i’ve heard good things about her but i’m not seeing that much solving right now from her lmao. She’s been playing like me i admit but i also know she’s been on for every eod which is not a good look considering gamestate which i am beginning to believe that wolves are in fact control of thread and are high posting

Post #434 to be nuanced i think that the content is bad but the point of view is towny, i have hindsight on the flip and i didn’t catch the gaslighting and manipulation until i closely read the thread and it’s not really something you see in the moment due to the slickness and just not thinking all too hard about what aggressive players are specifically doing. Especially from martin’s pov there [and somehow the entire fucking thread consensus thinks that mafia are being potatoes [except radishes]]. It’s the kind of read where you appeal to authority instead of logic partially because at that point in time you have absolutely no reason to suspect or shade one of the most active townies

P#444 martin sees baker as town. P#476 is a long post basically describing the fact that baker has had troubles entering the thread, which i agree with, he has dropped off and he made one towny posting spree which i tonaread based off sheer righteousness and emotions. I also don’t particularly see him as skilled enough to fake that kind of content especially reading a wolf game of his [for separate reasons like 3 months ago] and generally seeing him as a lame duck wolf who couldn’t post well at all [and also had difficulty entering the thread]

Holy fuck wigly didn’t even vote dm at eod that is actually insane. Fmpov he pushed her twice and he fucking voted stick in post P#468 and ended on fucking baker making it so stick had 2 and dm had 4 which just always kills DM while trying to not look bad. And if he stayed on stick and Dm self pres’ed then stick dies instead. What the fuck even is that

P#484 is just very towny

P#487 is not towny

Stick: What if there are 0 wolves between dm/baker, then who are the wolves? [P#495]

P#519 is towny in a way, like it feels like actual solving, radishes suspects and townreads multiple things from stick and dm and doesn't know to vote them. but also it’s scummy from a different pov getting a stick chop and dm is chopped the day after is optimal, cause town!stick can save herself and he also won’t be on the future dm town flip, blah

P#537 it was not a joke, i planned to post for eod but i ended up doing other things and missed eod. I’m only now getting caught up

As i write this i feel myself wanting to tr stick but not being totally convinced by anything, furthermore she has a narrow view of the game and i’m unsure that town!stick gives such surface reads. And i’m surprised that i’m calling them surface level because of reputation, but scotty/wigly/LC/martin have all gave drastically less surface level takes

And like 2 posts down P#566 wigly thinks the same thing as me

P#587 what the fuck, martin/baker were clearly never w/w so saying that is just a bad fucking read. It’s like saying the sky is blue and expecting me to be surprised

P#605 and P#606 is almost my worldview with stick and wigly in poe [this is assuming garebare town] if he is a wolf then they’re both town and this is nonsense because i they’re both town by occam’s razor. But baker is definitely town here

P#607 saying “i lose to wigly” is poor play but also with actual nk’s and needing to chop [dm/garebear/possibly me/abi] before getting into deep wolf hunting is something that i understand tbh, cause like if we had 2 nk’s and martin died n1 he just couldn’t even genuinely consider wigly as wolf, if he is wrong it’s a loss

Fuck P#646 is towny, and other wigly posts have also been towny if i’m being honest with myself

P#692 this did not take 5 mins, and well i think i will add a good dimension of solving to this game

P#702 share with the class
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

why the fuck did the font change halfway through, i did nothing to it
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

robyn
Baker
MR
Martin

scotty

wigly
stick
LC
Garebare
Porscha/abbie

huh, my poe is wider than i thought [also unordered]
Master Radishes
Hitman

Robyn was that big stream-of-conciousness wallpost intended for us or for you?

It feels a bit all over the map.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:46 am Robyn was that big stream-of-conciousness wallpost intended for us or for you?

It feels a bit all over the map.
bit of both, just wanted to get my thoughts down and make reads/get situated with the game
Master Radishes
Hitman

Fair. Maybe emphasise/highlight the bits you want us to take away? I read it mostly because I've got nothing better to do but it's still a wall of text.
Master Radishes
Hitman

You sort of explain these but I feel a focused explanation might be helpful considering they're not consensus:

Why is Baker strong town for you? Is it just a meta-based toneread?

Why is Wilgy so low for you? Is it mainly how he treated DM?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:13 am You sort of explain these but I feel a focused explanation might be helpful considering they're not consensus:

Why is Baker strong town for you? Is it just a meta-based toneread?

Why is Wilgy so low for you? Is it mainly how he treated DM?
meta has very little to do with it, i was just having an issue with martin's read

and yes, but i don't think i'd chop him today ever, he's just who i think is the most likely deep wolf

i'll explain [baker and wigly reads] further in the morning [5:18am for me on no sleep]

also irt to emphasis and what i want people to read, i'd also be fine if nobody read it because it just helped me situate myself mostly. and if people wanna go inside my head they're free to

can you give some reads on all alive players, MR, with the assumption that garebare flips town
Master Radishes
Hitman

robyn wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:04 am
P#444 martin sees baker as town. P#476 is a long post basically describing the fact that baker has had troubles entering the thread, which i agree with, he has dropped off and he made one towny posting spree which i tonaread based off sheer righteousness and emotions. I also don’t particularly see him as skilled enough to fake that kind of content especially reading a wolf game of his [for separate reasons like 3 months ago] and generally seeing him as a lame duck wolf who couldn’t post well at all [and also had difficulty entering the thread]
This bit just sounded like you had a meta basis.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:45 am
robyn wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:04 am
This bit just sounded like you had a meta basis.
more disagreeing on martin's read than saying my own read, i wanna sleep on my reads too because usually stuff does change after sleeping/thinking for a few hours
Master Radishes
Hitman

Oh I understand now.

Anyway will give reads later, maybe, if I feel like it. Poke me if I forget.
Stick
The Mark
Posts in topic: 250
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Stick »

why are we killing garebare for being afk when they gotta have at least 1 other nonAFK teammate?
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

robyn wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:04 am Stick: do you still agree that wigly’s play is uncentered like you prematurely stated in post #185
yea i think he's town

wdym prematurely it was perfectly mature of a time to say it

im in timeout today btw for killing two villagers so i wouldnt trust my reads
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

robyn wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:04 am It’s just strange behavior from wigly, i’m used to someone that would not be ultra manipulative or aggressive, he’d talk it out and try to find DM’s alignment and instead he went and decided to suspect her from the first sign that DM suspected wigly. They just wolfed together so wigly should have a rand< read on her and DM should have a rand< read on DM and her general aesthetic and general weakness when it comes to writing and expressing themself. Which is all to say that nobody is illogical and i think that dm correctly self voted after the blatant manipulation and aggression that wigly showed. If i had to bet dm would leave a legacy that says kill wigly
ohh nice meta. ive only played with w!wilgy so when i saw different i equated it to town

maybe im wrong
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

robyn wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:04 am Stick: What if there are 0 wolves between dm/baker, then who are the wolves? [P#495]
oh did i say there had to be one between them? my bad, i dont think theyre a difference check
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

ok i will try to find 1 wolf today
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:07 pm
Stick wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:26 pm ONG i think i figured out what's going on, possibly. hilarious if true but also a little unhinged and no i shouldnt share it yet
How did you feel with your wagon yesterday? Anyone stand out as opportunistic?
honestly? no. ive been acting pretty wolfy so i get it

the reason i suggested we chop LC today was because of their positioning around my wagon (iirc somebody else also brought this up today)
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

Long Con wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:12 am It's fine, I'm useless this game. I'm sorry that I'm not a Wolf.
this is like, an actually jarring pov to have as a villager when we've had 2 misexes in a game this small already

esp when youre simultaneously pushing the 'afk wolves' narrative idgi you wouldnt just resign yourself to the exe

what a villager does:

>tries to find mafia instead
>and fights the exe
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

Stick wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:59 am
Long Con wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:12 am It's fine, I'm useless this game. I'm sorry that I'm not a Wolf.
this is like, an actually jarring pov to have as a villager when we've had 2 misexes in a game this small already

esp when youre simultaneously pushing the 'afk wolves' narrative idgi you wouldnt just resign yourself to the exe

what a villager does:

>tries to find mafia instead
>and fights the exe
keep in mind this was sod ^ not eod
Master Radishes
Hitman

Stick wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:59 am
I agree about LC.

Here's another perspective I also find jarring:
Stick wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:49 am honestly? no. ive been acting pretty wolfy so i get it
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

i promise there's a perfectly reasonable explanation :ninja:
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

Stick wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:42 am
robyn wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:04 am Stick: What if there are 0 wolves between dm/baker, then who are the wolves? [P#495]
oh did i say there had to be one between them? my bad, i dont think theyre a difference check
you know what IS a difference check, though?

wilgy and LC

i will be surprised if this is two villagers, and im positive they arent w/w
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

@MartinGG99 @Long Con @DrWilgy @Scotty

lets vote for actual scumreads, garebare can be flashwagoned eod. dont waste the day imo.
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

literally 1984

@MartinGG99 @Long Con @DrWilgy @Scotty
baker
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 88

Post by baker »

I think Stick is mafia.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Stick wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:39 am @MartinGG99 @Long Con @DrWilgy @Scotty

lets vote for actual scumreads, garebare can be flashwagoned eod. dont waste the day imo.
I’m not looking to waste the day, and agree

I had a fitful sleep (don’t worry, it wasn’t mostly Mafia related, mostly coughing up Christmas) but I’m currently of the mind that the lack of NKs are one of two things:
-we actually do have that canoneer that I think Robyn suggested.
-only one mafia is assigned the kill of the team a la how SVS’ role functioned in Ted Lasso.

I can totally see the latter as this case, as it would explain why things are so quiet. Garebear.

And by association, I feel like garebear’s partner would be LOSING. THEIR. MIND. Wouldn’t surprise me if they came out swinging for Garebear this phase because he’s an actual liability for progressing the game state. OR has absolutely no wim the past day (LC/robyn/abbi). Maybe even Stick? But less so

baker
Stool Pigeon

Post by baker »

I don't have much time because I have a flight tomorrow.

I should have full freedom after New Years Eve.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

baker wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:57 pm I think Stick is mafia.
hi baker. Let’s pretend we never voted each other.

Why?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

baker wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:58 pm I don't have much time because I have a flight tomorrow.

I should have full freedom after New Years Eve.
Provided we don’t get deleted from the Y2K24 bug

Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

how come?
baker
Stool Pigeon

Post by baker »

I think Robyns re-entry shown good potential. I wouldn't look into them today.

Martin and MR are still towny.

Scotty is town on most occasions but I am still paranoid here and if mafia is going for no NK win, I would except this to come from Scotty for achievement purposes. Their high WIM can swing both ways.

Wilgy and LC are null for me. I am not feeling confident rereading into Wilgy and LC yet. I will do them another time.

Garebare afk
Abi afk

Stick has been underwhelming according to my meta knowledge of their strong town play. I think there is no other player I want dead right now besides Stick. Their flip will give me the best understanding of the gamestate and the chances of catching them as wolf is higher than what I think of other people.

[VOTE: Stick] aubergine
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

baker what if i told you i TR you
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

nah that's a lie i dont, but i dont want you dead today at least. i'd call you a TL probably
baker
Stool Pigeon

Post by baker »

Stick wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:05 pm
how come?
Your threadcamping high WIM feels more wolfy to me than town, just a feeling. I was giving the benefit of doubt on you - people are likely to change behavior in a new environment but you haven't really achieved any good results.

Coming to D3 with no wolf pelt and two votes on town (both CW), I also have a lot of worlds I can't clear because your name is in it. Final straw was you sending a mass ping to only 4 players, it felt like town stick I know wouldn't ping few players but instead propose much more stronger ideas to all of us.

In short, you have failed to meet town!Stick standards~
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

i pinged people who were voting garebear LOL

fair enough on the two town wagons yea ill own up to that part

we can get a pelt by killing LC probably
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

baker wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:08 pm I think Robyns re-entry shown good potential. I wouldn't look into them today.

Martin and MR are still towny.

Scotty is town on most occasions but I am still paranoid here and if mafia is going for no NK win, I would except this to come from Scotty for achievement purposes. Their high WIM can swing both ways.

Wilgy and LC are null for me. I am not feeling confident rereading into Wilgy and LC yet. I will do them another time.

Garebare afk
Abi afk

Stick has been underwhelming according to my meta knowledge of their strong town play. I think there is no other player I want dead right now besides Stick. Their flip will give me the best understanding of the gamestate and the chances of catching them as wolf is higher than what I think of other people.

[VOTE: Stick] aubergine
Can you expand on what a no-NK win entails? Is that some weird meta achievement or is it some form of mech you think this game is employing?

I truly don’t understand why mafia would just choose to play on hard mode for funsies

Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

tho frankly the DM vote was also a bit of self pres from me
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I will say Stick’s endeavor to focus on not Garebear is probably worth a few town points. Because if Garebear truly is wolf, stick is probably not their partner. Garebear truly is the obvious LHF today and would be an easy mislynch if he’s town.

Meanwhile, Robyn’s wall post rivals that of post war Berlin and I don’t even really know what to do with it.

Like I don’t know what to do with Robyn at all this game. They’re just…here.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Actually

If mafia is truly trying to purposefully play on a self-imposed hard mode, stick is definitely doing everything in their power to come out of this with accolades befitting a mafia boss. It’s just a funny concept to me

baker
Stool Pigeon

Post by baker »

Stick wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:19 pm i pinged people who were voting garebear LOL

fair enough on the two town wagons yea ill own up to that part

we can get a pelt by killing LC probably
Past 3 games we had (all mashes) you were town, I was wolf against you on last and in that game I had to put out a really tough battle to stop you from solving the game. You were consistently the alpha town and this game I don't see it

I hope you prove me wrong though
baker
Stool Pigeon

Post by baker »

Scotty wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:26 pm Actually

If mafia is truly trying to purposefully play on a self-imposed hard mode, stick is definitely doing everything in their power to come out of this with accolades befitting a mafia boss. It’s just a funny concept to me
atp i don't wanna speculate on what happened without info. but if we are in a world where mafia holstering for a prestige win, I would expect such effort from Martin too. I TR them though so its probably less likely.

Would you really not try such a concept though? What does this game mean to you @Scotty
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

Scotty wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:26 pm Actually

Lol I wish. That’d be funny. I actually do enjoy wolfing among unknown players (I like it when people have no meta on me) so I was lowkey hoping for a wolf rand here but if still 100% try to murder someone every night if I had the choice lol.

Return to “Previous Rackets”