Post by Stick »

delta froze and doesnt know how to respond to that q, we gottem bois
Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Re: Wolfwalkers Lá a Trí (D3)

Post by Delta »

Stick wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:56 am @Delta you despise creating difference check dichotomies - whyre you just agreeing with me on that when i havent even explained it yet
I'm not 100% on it but I think Wilgy's had some ??? moments but LC's walkback on the scumread on him was so jarring that there's a wolf between them but not 100% on who.

If one flipped town I'd reeval the other anyway but I think between them their play has felt weird enough that I dont think they're pure but also dont think they're w/w, more on LC's side than Wilgy's
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Stick wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:58 am
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:57 am
Stick wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:56 am @Delta you despise creating difference check dichotomies - whyre you just agreeing with me on that when i havent even explained it yet
Because delta is a wolf.

Or because you are.

One of the two.
are you calling us...a difference check???
:notlikethis:
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Stick wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:00 am delta froze and doesnt know how to respond to that q, we gottem bois
Points to the post where I said I dont have time
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

baker read:

beginning with baker's iso he's comfortable in the thread, making jokes and saying things that come to mind, and he likes playing with his friend martin who is someone he knows (as he doesn't know anyone else in this lobby i'm fairly sure). and he decides to sheep me off a vague read because i am presumably town and he's self aware that if martin is a wolf martin is fairly capable of tricking him. if he was mafia i feel like he'd just give martin his vote as a show of good faith or something. because he'd be being cautious of martin and trying to appeal to him. instead he's comfortable with him and not trying to appeal to him at all. which just read as towny to me

next he called out scotty's suspicion of baker, as calling himself lhf, with self righteousness. i don't feel like baker is the kind of wolf to get aggressive immediately and instead he would try to negotiate or townread. and if he was a wolf he’d probably drop his suspicion very quickly or not try to make it a full on issue with multiple follow up posts

i really liked p304, after identifying himself as lhf he criticizes scotty of pushing another lhf (abbie) and post times make it 10 minutes later from the first scotty criticism, which i find towny because it’s a live catch up where he’s pushing the person for what he finds as a valid reason (pushing lhf). and he points out that scotty’s question was a suggestion look into abbie, as in go after lhf. and like he can say that it’s bad and all and that’s standard but the fact that he said appealing to martin mean’s he’s considering and worldbuilding (abbie, scotty, and martin’s) alignments in like 50 words

his next post 4 minutes later further builds off it and townreads wigly for that exact reason, p#305 is solving and determining alignments that’s genuine because there’s no making friends with wigly or anything. he’s alienating scotty (who is now more likely to vote him). and he’s building off other people’s alignments and just solving around the single thing that he noticed. he’s also building off the d1 wagonomics which multiple players have commented that abbie was probably scum due to nobody going on her wagon, again solving multiple slots and giving thoughts gth. like i simply do not agree with anyone calling baker omgus’ing or anything, there’s depth of thought here

then he basically asks others what their scotty read was (which is again the opposite of an omgus), something something trying to solve his alignment and this isn’t directly targeting or appealing to anyone. it just feels like he believes that scotty is a wolf and is pushing it for the past 4-5 posts, where he’s solving under that assumption

don’t get me wrong, seeing one person and calling them lockwolf and solving around it is a very tunnel-y way of playing mafia which doesn’t actually result in many posts (believe me) but these horribly wrong players who are completely wrong usually end up being town. and i’m also thinking that scotty is just town like mr/stick/wigly. there’s just a density that you only have as town and these players are fairly one dimensional as town

baker follows up and explains his scumread of abbie (i’m fairly sure with original reasoning that is copied multiple times but don’t quote me)

p#407 is baker being upset that his reads are being misrepresented. and this is reactionary and not performatively. don’t get me wrong his read is an omgus but there’s nonetheless more thought in the omgus than i’d expect from a mafia and instead of changing his strategy or anything like a logical explanation he’s just frustrated because to him his accurate (probably not) reads have been misinterpreted and discounted. like i don’t think this guy can fake that depth and train of thought. everything adds up and if he was a line he’d be linear and not a polynomial, which is easy to follow

p#478 he goes on to townread mr for his treatment of scotty/himself and like i just find this post stupid towny. and he’s continuing to sort the game 8h later off his single scumread on scotty and worldbuilding off that. it’s the fact that he saw one thing and is attempting to solve the entire game based off that one thing to be towny and genuine. he just visibly lacks tmi i feel like although this can’t quite be phrased

p#583 i feel like after a bit baker realizing that his small scotty tunnel being wrong was extremely towny, like instead of doubling down he admits he might have overreacted and that scotty looks better. as a wolf you turn up the omgus you don’t sit like a duck with no thoughts and

demean your entire worldview (that was made based off one scotty read basically) and if you do you’re about to pull up some reads out of thin air. also in this post and the post after he’s just okay being chopped, in a nonchalant way, which is just the opposite of how he played at the start

think about the two emotional displays he’s expressed already, opposites and both for actually valid reasons. i feel like he’s reading what he can of the game and offers to get chopped more readily due to the fact that he’s lost. which is just the antithesis of what any subpar wolf does. a subpar wolf, even a decent wolf, reeks of tmi. and baker does not

he posts self meta wanting people to read it, assuming it’ll clear him. and posts a full readslist, and admits to not having a confident scumread on anyone

jesus fuck that sequence was absurdly towny, p#596, p#605, p#606. like these are very easy thought processes to follow and they’re not the thought processes of a wolf who wants to omgus the anyone who wants to suspect him. instead he accepted the fact that people found him to be scummy and posted self meta and reads and admitted to not having a strong scum case. i’ve done this entire sequence myself before in games and i’ve seen it before. it’s always towny because a wolf thinks about v different things

p#786 is towny, pure reads with the lingering suspicion of scotty and a new suspicion of stick. martin fell into this trap this game too. thinking that champs finals players are gods or something and have the full responsibility of solving a game. and they don’t but again he feels immortal and he’s not thinking about the repercussions or viabilities of his pushes. neither scotty nor stick would ever go over due to baker. as wolf long term and short term that’s just suicidal, what the fuck is the mafia plan? i don’t see any. and stick is honestly a fair suspicion

in conclusion i am once again very confident that baker is town. i can track his thought processes very well and all of it rings towny, it’s like i stepped into his brain and looked and saw that he got a green role card. to summarize all his thoughts and solving ring towny and there are clear progressions, self righteousness and extremes that are hard for mafia to fake
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

idk why i'm so wordy, usually i never wallpost, apologies
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

i feel like a 300 word post would've been better but i was in the zone
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

@Delta when are you gonna read up/have reads?

@Stick your main poe is LC/baker?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

everyone has LC in poe and i literally read the entire thread yesterday and i don't recall a single LC post, i ought to put him in poe

also this is premature but i am very inclined to just take delta as town and start pushing an active player [stick, wigly]
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Porscha »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:40 am
Scotty wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:58 pm
Stick wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:39 am @MartinGG99 @Long Con @DrWilgy @Scotty

lets vote for actual scumreads, garebare can be flashwagoned eod. dont waste the day imo.
I’m not looking to waste the day, and agree

I had a fitful sleep (don’t worry, it wasn’t mostly Mafia related, mostly coughing up Christmas) but I’m currently of the mind that the lack of NKs are one of two things:
-we actually do have that canoneer that I think Robyn suggested.
-only one mafia is assigned the kill of the team a la how SVS’ role functioned in Ted Lasso.

I can totally see the latter as this case, as it would explain why things are so quiet. Garebear.

And by association, I feel like garebear’s partner would be LOSING. THEIR. MIND. Wouldn’t surprise me if they came out swinging for Garebear this phase because he’s an actual liability for progressing the game state. OR has absolutely no wim the past day (LC/robyn/abbi). Maybe even Stick? But less so
Only one scum being able to kill was such a weird mech fmpov. I would've argued that this would be just not be a thing if it wasn't for it.

I'd still argue that if the killing W is afk, making a teammate go insane with the inability to submit for them would just feel bad for that player and really makes me think that's not the case.

If it's afk wolf theory, I do think it's the Porscha/Delta team.
I cant attest to the afk wolf theory but i can help put your mind at ease that I am not included
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Spoiler: show
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

i really wanted to vote wigly

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

but this iso is just disgusting and is probably a hit
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Master Radishes »

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:56 am everyone has LC in poe and i literally read the entire thread yesterday and i don't recall a single LC post, i ought to put him in poe

also this is premature but i am very inclined to just take delta as town and start pushing an active player [stick, wigly]
Why Delta town (in 300 words or less)?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

if that's long con's scum game i'm disappointed
Master Radishes
Hitman

[VOTE: long con] aubergine
Master Radishes
Hitman

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:00 am if that's long con's scum game i'm disappointed
He has a good scum game when he wants to. Haven't seen him play as scum in some time though.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:00 am
robyn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:56 am everyone has LC in poe and i literally read the entire thread yesterday and i don't recall a single LC post, i ought to put him in poe

Why Delta town (in 300 words or less)?
i'll give you 3

suits my worldview

(also expect him to be towny and so far he has been, i played a game with him as wolf and he completely flaked)
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Delta wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:19 am Question for whoever while I catch up for a bit;

I die town, so what's causing the lack of kills?

Because I dont get the whole "oh afk wolf no kill" because it seems unlikely the factional would be assigned to one role specifically anyway

And it doesnt really feel like it holds up when the guy before me was here at some point. Not to mention that if you think my guy is afk with the sole ability to NK, why then hand it back to wolves by killing him over hunting outside of that slot?

I dunno. Would like to hear some theories ab the NK stuff there because it'll need to happen sooner or later and on a skim it feels like that's been wilfully ignored :P
Yeah true lol

There is probably something to be said about gamestate though if the convo is revolving around the afk idea cuz that venn diagram of lhf is just a circle

Low player game though, i feel the pressure to flip a wolf even if it would theoretically allow for a wolf advantage (advantage being used loosely here lol, it would generally be standard)
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:00 am [VOTE: long con] aubergine
How serious is this
Master Radishes
Hitman

Porscha wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:06 am
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:00 am [VOTE: long con] aubergine
How serious is this
I don't know yet
Stick
The Mark
Posts in topic: 250
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Stick »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:46 am I've caught up.

Someone let me know if we are voting Stick/LC or Delta.

Tyvm.

Gn.
if wilgy's mafia this is 3 town BTW ^
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

Delta wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:19 am Question for whoever while I catch up for a bit;

I die town, so what's causing the lack of kills?

Because I dont get the whole "oh afk wolf no kill" because it seems unlikely the factional would be assigned to one role specifically anyway

And it doesnt really feel like it holds up when the guy before me was here at some point. Not to mention that if you think my guy is afk with the sole ability to NK, why then hand it back to wolves by killing him over hunting outside of that slot?

I dunno. Would like to hear some theories ab the NK stuff there because it'll need to happen sooner or later and on a skim it feels like that's been wilfully ignored :P
could be arson or something similar
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Stick wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:09 am

Tyvm.

Gn.
but do you believe that he's scum?
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Tyvm.

Gn.
Are those independent reads on LC and delta or ? Im confused why they are only town if wilgy flips wolf?

You make it sound like its wilgy difference check with 3 people and that seems ... postured lol
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:14 am

Tyvm.

Gn.
Wolves only killing via arson would be wack

But its a leetic game and i just played one from him that had some wack mechanics too so maybe it just is something wonky like that
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:53 am @Delta when are you gonna read up/have reads?

i think i called baker a tl earlier today so not exactly - LC/you/delta/maybe porscha?? is where im looking
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

Tyvm.

Gn.
not atm cuz he's playing absurdly different to what ive seen w!wilgy play like @Delta he really isnt playing the same as the reunion game right?

wilgy almost seemed...afraid to be vocal that game. it's possible he's just more comfortable on the syndicate
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Thats crazy to hear lol. Half the time wilgy invests time into a game its cuz he is wolfing and he certainly isnt short on words or opinions
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

Porscha wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:15 am

Tyvm.

Gn.
Are those independent reads on LC and delta or ? Im confused why they are only town if wilgy flips wolf?

You make it sound like its wilgy difference check with 3 people and that seems ... postured lol
oh just the way wilgy's speaking about them un this post in particular - if wilgys a wolf im inclined to think that's all town because this is often just how wolves act towards poe'd villagers. it has nothing to do with independent reads on those players
Master Radishes
Hitman

I don't advise you folks to read Wilgy based on activity or investment in a game. He'll slank or lead the thread as town or mafia.
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

Porscha wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:22 am Thats crazy to hear lol. Half the time wilgy invests time into a game its cuz he is wolfing and he certainly isnt short on words or opinions
omg lmao no way
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

ok then ill try to save my wolf buddy LC

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Stick wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:20 am

Tyvm.

Gn.
not atm cuz he's playing absurdly different to what ive seen w!wilgy play like @Delta he really isnt playing the same as the reunion game right?

wilgy almost seemed...afraid to be vocal that game. it's possible he's just more comfortable on the syndicate
viewtopic.php?p=1066456#p1066456

i've only heard that he's a good wolf, and i've seen it, timelines mafia that just ended he was also a wolf

but activity wise and comfort just isn't valid
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

[VOTE: People who celebrate Christmas (host/spec)] aubergine

i forgot i was in self imposed timeout

im gonna look thru wilgys iso with no preconceptions soon
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Stick wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:18 amyou
you still haven't read me as anything but null?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

@Porscha read on stick/me?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

@Master Radishes i get that being so tr in a game like this makes one uncomfortable, have you considered a world where wolves are tmi'ing you town?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Stick wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:29 am [VOTE: People who celebrate Christmas (host/spec)] aubergine

also i do understand that you have low confidence but i assumed that you weren't a player that sheeps much

i know you described yourself as a player that did a lot of 180's every game, and you're doing it here, and it's your process

but i feel like i wanted to see you making and having the thoughts that influenced those 180's. and to me right nowit feels like if i said "jump" you would. do you think is an unfair characterization and is this your town play. or are you just lost?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Delta wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:26 am
I'm not 100% on it but I think Wilgy's had some ??? moments but LC's walkback on the scumread on him was so jarring that there's a wolf between them but not 100% on who.

If one flipped town I'd reeval the other anyway but I think between them their play has felt weird enough that I dont think they're pure but also dont think they're w/w, more on LC's side than Wilgy's
I think Wilgy is townier than I have ever seen him. Don't hold him to a difference check after I flip town.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:59 am i really wanted to vote wigly

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

but this iso is just disgusting and is probably a hit
You're half right.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:00 am if that's long con's scum game i'm disappointed
It's Long Con's "shouldn't have been in two concurrent games during busy holiday season" game.

I just couldn't find a handle to focus enough to play this one rught.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:23 am I don't advise you folks to read Wilgy based on activity or investment in a game. He'll slank or lead the thread as town or mafia.
Ok I guess I am just giving Wilgy an activity read. He's just nothing like his recent Wolf game.
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:31 am
Stick wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:18 amyou
you still haven't read me as anything but null?
honestly your walls have been a lot of IOA but the conclusions are...decent enough. we'll see how my association reads develop there after a wolf flip, im def not down to flip you today. let's kill in LC/Wilgy
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:39 am
Stick wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:29 am [VOTE: People who celebrate Christmas (host/spec)] aubergine

also i do understand that you have low confidence but i assumed that you weren't a player that sheeps much

i know you described yourself as a player that did a lot of 180's every game, and you're doing it here, and it's your process

but i feel like i wanted to see you making and having the thoughts that influenced those 180's. and to me right nowit feels like if i said "jump" you would. do you think is an unfair characterization and is this your town play. or are you just lost?
i do have confidence in LC/Wilgy containing 1, i just wanna take the back seat this phase

youll notice i didnt have wilgy in my trs earlier - he's been outside towncore for a while now. i also kinda wanted to give LC the chance to do something but them coming in now to say that wilgy is just always town is a little concerning in the sense that this is exactly how i expect a wolf in LC's shoes to handle the dichotomy being forced upon them if wilgy is indeed a villager
Stick
The Mark

Post by Stick »

oh i went on a tangent there didnt i

im ok with sheeping when i feel it's optimal to sheep
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:53 am @Delta when are you gonna read up/have reads?

This evening, subbing in on new years isn't ideal but I'll do what I can

I've given some vague thoughts but I'll flesh them out once I'm able to sit down and crack on with catching up
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Stick wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:20 am

Tyvm.

Gn.

Yeah I get you, but I think it is worth just keeping in mind that Wilgy was on the backfoot since he entered the thread that game, late arrival and then a lot of scumreads on him off the bat

There's definitely differences though, I just think he's a lil odd is all
Master Radishes
Hitman

Long Con wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:14 am
It's Long Con's "shouldn't have been in two concurrent games during busy holiday season" game.

I just couldn't find a handle to focus enough to play this one rught.
Okay I fully get that, but also why aren't you trying now? Like I've fallen out of games in this manner plenty before but if I'm going to post I'll at least try for a few chilly takes to try to get myself into the game a bit. I'll iso an easy case or ask someone to live post with me or something.

If you're town don't give up. If we can help pull you into the game let us know how.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Long Con wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:18 am
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:23 am I don't advise you folks to read Wilgy based on activity or investment in a game. He'll slank or lead the thread as town or mafia.
Ok I guess I am just giving Wilgy an activity read. He's just nothing like his recent Wolf game.
Seeing as both you and he predate me on the Syndicate I assume you two have shared more than a few games over the years. Do you have thoughts on his meta in relation to activity level?

I've seen Wilgy slank town, active town, and slank wolf. Never active wolf as I recall, but I'm pretty sure he can do it as per others' opinions of him. But if you disagree let me know.
Master Radishes
Hitman

All of you* are probably gonna be out partying for NYE and meanwhile my wife is gonna be asleep early and I'll be trying to keep the dog from barking at the fireworks.

*Except Wilgy
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 230
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Hi delta! I’m sorry about your slot :charlieblackmon:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage