The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [ENDGAME]

Who killed spacedaisy...I mean, of course you know. Should he die?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

DharmaHelper
40%
zeek
10%
A Person (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 9]

Post by Mongoose »

zeek wrote:Thoughts on Long Con... he doesn't have a hat. We learnt this because he presumably did not do as Boddy directed him. The only Mafia left without a hat is Voldemort and everytime we know a Sorcerer has been up for a lynch (except Snow Dog) he voted for them, even llama-Made. He has my trust.

Thoughts on Mongoose... she has 3 vowels in her name. Again, Boddy consequences probably. And again, the only Mafia remaining with 3 vowels is Voldemort. Lot less cut and clear with her voting however. She missed Bass-Dom and voted DH over Snow Dog. Does this make her bad? I don't know, but she is high on my Sorcerer list.
I actually have 4 vowels in my name!

But yeah, I wasn't trying to be a sneaky snake with my verbiage about having a wand, just playing around. Thought it'd be a fun way to disclose I'm not actually a sorcerer...

I just play one on TV.

Dude, I won't even fight you on that, my voting has been heinously "interesting" to say the least :/

If I was trying, I could not have a worse voting pattern.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Spacedaisy »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
timmer wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:I trust boom and LC.
Sorry if you've touched on this previously, I'll try to find it, but why do you trust Boom?
Because he clearly said he knows I'm civ. I know he is telling the truth, there is no baddie way to know I am civ for certain. Only civ. And I therefore trust he is telling the truth about LC as well.

@juliets because of the way you came after me the other day. I've already explained that. And up to that time I had the same feeling about you as timmer, so yeah...

@all, what are others feeling about Juliets? Am I missing something about her I shouldn't be overlooking?
Well that's just outright ridiculous. There are baddie/indie secrets, and he could just be lying. Saying he "knows" you are civ means nothing. Using that as the basis to trust him is completely ridiculous at this stage in the game.
I am the easiest baddie target for a lynch train out there. It makes no sense that he would say I am civ and he knows it unless he is civ and trying to keep us from making a mistake. What would he gain from it? My trust? That won't carry water with anyone else inthe game since everyone and their brother is questioning me and considering voting me. The logic doesn't support him being bad. The logic does support him being civ.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 441

Post by DharmaHelper »

Or he's saying he thinks you're civ in order to cover his ass once the lynch train gets going, in case you actually do flip civ.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Spacedaisy wrote:
timmer wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:I trust boom and LC.
Sorry if you've touched on this previously, I'll try to find it, but why do you trust Boom?
Because he clearly said he knows I'm civ. I know he is telling the truth, there is no baddie way to know I am civ for certain. Only civ. And I therefore trust he is telling the truth about LC as well.

@juliets because of the way you came after me the other day. I've already explained that. And up to that time I had the same feeling about you as timmer, so yeah...

@all, what are others feeling about Juliets? Am I missing something about her I shouldn't be overlooking?
One thing I think you're missing is my voting record. I have voted civs like i think everyone has but i voted second for DF, once for Bass, once for Dom, and once for Snowy, breaking a tie between he and DH. So I have voted both baddie teams. And as someone said earlier, it is not at all likely I would throw a teammate under the bus in any game that I play. I'll have to go back and look at how i stated my suspicion (which I have now dropped) about you but it's not like me to "come after" someone. I'm more likely to say "sorry I think this" than aggressively come after someone. I will look at that and let you know. Regardless though it sounds like your main reason for thinking I am suspicious is I found you suspicious - and that isn't even true any longer.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

DharmaHelper wrote:Or he's saying he thinks you're civ in order to cover his ass once the lynch train gets going, in case you actually do flip civ.
This doesn't make sense. He said both me and LC, that he KNOWS we are civ. If he were a baddie covering his ass he would not use that kind off certainty in his terms. Because he can't KNOW I am civ. You can't honestly tell me you think the baddies have both a living and a dead role check? Epi does a better job of balancing his games than that. And thinking I am civ would not cover his ass since there are two baddie teams. There is no logic in what you are saying DH. You accused LC of interpreting things to fit his theory and you are doing the exact same thing now with me. And what you are saying doesn't even make any logical sense.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Spacedaisy wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Or he's saying he thinks you're civ in order to cover his ass once the lynch train gets going, in case you actually do flip civ.
This doesn't make sense. He said both me and LC, that he KNOWS we are civ. If he were a baddie covering his ass he would not use that kind off certainty in his terms. Because he can't KNOW I am civ. You can't honestly tell me you think the baddies have both a living and a dead role check? Epi does a better job of balancing his games than that. And thinking I am civ would not cover his ass since there are two baddie teams. There is no logic in what you are saying DH. You accused LC of interpreting things to fit his theory and you are doing the exact same thing now with me. And what you are saying doesn't even make any logical sense.

How does it not make any logical sense that he would lie and say he *knows* you are civ in order to gain your trust? Tell you wait SD, how about this. I know you are civ. Do you trust me now?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Matter of fact, what civ roles do you think would give him that knowledge to begin with?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I'm interested to hear this as well.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

So, a few things to say here.

I got a message last night from Snape. I'll see what I want to share from that later.
Spacedaisy wrote:I believe DH is likely the hatter and I have no really desire to go down that trail if it is not needed.
I honestly hadn't seriously considered this possibility, maybe I had a bit too much tunnel vision. I still want DH to explain his Day One Misfits Gambit again, mostly because I want to string that ploy out and hang it to dry for all the neighbours to see... but I have to concede that he could be the Mad Hatter. I don't expect DH to confirm this one way or another, because he's a classy guy.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:So, a few things to say here.

I got a message last night from Snape. I'll see what I want to share from that later.
Spacedaisy wrote:I believe DH is likely the hatter and I have no really desire to go down that trail if it is not needed.
I honestly hadn't seriously considered this possibility, maybe I had a bit too much tunnel vision. I still want DH to explain his Day One Misfits Gambit again, mostly because I want to string that ploy out and hang it to dry for all the neighbours to see... but I have to concede that he could be the Mad Hatter. I don't expect DH to confirm this one way or another, because he's a classy guy.

I already explained my Day 1 Misifits Gambit. And as unconventional as it was, it caught Boddy, so there you go.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:

I already explained my Day 1 Misifits Gambit. And as unconventional as it was, it caught Boddy, so there you go.
:mad: You never explained exactly how the logic worked, it was just 1) Talk about Misfits 2) Act opposite to Misfits 3) ?????? 4) Made is a baddie!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

:mad: You never explained exactly how the logic worked, it was just 1) Talk about Misfits 2) Act opposite to Misfits 3) ?????? 4) Made is a baddie!
I decided to act as counter to my Misfits game as possible. When Made reacted the way he did and didn't call me out as being suspicious, I figured out he was bad.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 291

Post by S~V~S »

You did????????¿?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

RUH ROH SHAGGY

ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 268

Post by zeek »

Spacedaisy wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Well that's just outright ridiculous. There are baddie/indie secrets, and he could just be lying. Saying he "knows" you are civ means nothing. Using that as the basis to trust him is completely ridiculous at this stage in the game.
I am the easiest baddie target for a lynch train out there. It makes no sense that he would say I am civ and he knows it unless he is civ and trying to keep us from making a mistake. What would he gain from it? My trust? That won't carry water with anyone else inthe game since everyone and their brother is questioning me and considering voting me. The logic doesn't support him being bad. The logic does support him being civ.
No, that is ridiculous. You've never seen a baddie say he knows such-and-such is civ? Please. Baddies buddy up all the time. Because someone trusts you, doesn't mean you should trust them.
Mongoose wrote:I actually have 4 vowels in my name!

But yeah, I wasn't trying to be a sneaky snake with my verbiage about having a wand, just playing around. Thought it'd be a fun way to disclose I'm not actually a sorcerer...

I just play one on TV.

Dude, I won't even fight you on that, my voting has been heinously "interesting" to say the least :/

Are you Voldemort?
S~V~S wrote:

I got a message last night from Snape. I'll see what I want to share from that later. <snip>
You did????????¿?
*Moves to edge of seat*
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Was this the message LC?

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am looking forward to this immensely :D

I think I might know who may have sent it~ but I really want to know what Psnape has to say for himself before I decide what I think of it. Or before I ask anyone else in particular what they think of it.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 259

Post by timmer »

Da hell, lol? I'm very curious to see where this leads.
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 463
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

timmer wrote:Da hell, lol? I'm very curious to see where this leads.
This.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Why would anyone send fake Snape messages? Who else could even do it? The Hatter?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I have an idea who, the player to be precise. Perhaps I had something that I wanted to send to someone I trusted, and it got redirected to... someone else. I have been waiting to see what this person might do. This was unexpected.

But I want to know what was said before I decide if this person is up to no good or not.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 83
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I wouldn't mind being a (living) Professor Snape.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

What the heck is that even
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scorcery XD

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Scorcery XD
:omg:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

zeek wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Well that's just outright ridiculous. There are baddie/indie secrets, and he could just be lying. Saying he "knows" you are civ means nothing. Using that as the basis to trust him is completely ridiculous at this stage in the game.
No, that is ridiculous. You've never seen a baddie say he knows such-and-such is civ? Please. Baddies buddy up all the time. Because someone trusts you, doesn't mean you should trust them.
Mongoose wrote:I actually have 4 vowels in my name!

I just play one on TV.

Are you Voldemort?
No, I am not Voldemort. I could still probably take Dumbledore though. Come at me, bro.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 259

Post by timmer »

So , Long Con... 'sup, buddy? :huh:
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Is this it? Is this the day Long Con finally lost his shit?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ha ha, whoa whoa there...just got home from work, and catching up.

S~V~S' response is what I was hoping for. The message I got was not what I'd expect Snape to send at all, but getting S~V~S' reaction to the Snape claim was pretty relevant. I mean, it could all be part of a fun hoax on me or something, but who knows?

S~V~S, I don't really get your talk of someone else you know that could have sent it, and the redirect possibility. Do you have any idea at all what the content might be? You could give a key word or two, and I could counter with another key word or two, and we could be comparing notes in that way.

Otherwise, I'll just share the general content of the message (can't copy-paste PMs) and we can all have a good laugh, or something.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:Is this it? Is this the day Long Con finally lost his shit?
Pretty sure THAT day already happened, he thought sheepishly.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

:( Did you all go to bed?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

rez plz
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote:rez plz
Get in line, buddy! :mafia:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Long Con wrote::( Did you all go to bed?
I'm around, kinda. You have something to share with the class?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Mongoose wrote:
I wanted to wait for S~V~S first.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Long Con wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
I wanted to wait for S~V~S first.
Gotcha. She was posting this morning before 6am, so I bet she's long asleep. I hope so anyway!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:rez plz
Get in line, buddy! :mafia:
This

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

S~V~S wrote:I have an idea who, the player to be precise. Perhaps I had something that I wanted to send to someone I trusted, and it got redirected to... someone else. I have been waiting to see what this person might do. This was unexpected.

But I want to know what was said before I decide if this person is up to no good or not.
I got a weird ass message the night you commented about something being redirected. I assumed this might be what you are referring to since you have been all about lynching me forever and a day. But personally I just disregarded it because it made zero sense to me. I figure it was either your redirected shit and I just don't get it because the person who was supposed to get it would understand or it is someone just trolling because I don't see any point to it. So if you are talking about me and whatever the heck that message was about, you are barking up the wrong tree, yet again. I have not been sending anyone any messages nor have I been doing anything nefarious at all. And I don't give a shit about the message because it looks like a waste of my time.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No daisy I am not talking about you. I am sorry I am making you so unhappy, you sound really angry here. In a RL way.

I am just playing a game.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:Ha ha, whoa whoa there...just got home from work, and catching up.

S~V~S' response is what I was hoping for. The message I got was not what I'd expect Snape to send at all, but getting S~V~S' reaction to the Snape claim was pretty relevant. I mean, it could all be part of a fun hoax on me or something, but who knows?

S~V~S, I don't really get your talk of someone else you know that could have sent it, and the redirect possibility. Do you have any idea at all what the content might be? You could give a key word or two, and I could counter with another key word or two, and we could be comparing notes in that way.

Otherwise, I'll just share the general content of the message (can't copy-paste PMs) and we can all have a good laugh, or something.
No idea of the content. Someone got a new power, but I don't know what it was. So I sent it to someone I trusted Night 6. I got a pm saying it had been redirected to someone else. I know who got it, and that person has not said anything that alarmed me. I was thinking they could be civ, and now this.

Other than that I have no idea. I assume any messages are related to that, but I have no way of knowing for sure.
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 268

Post by zeek »

I have no time today, but I should be back before the end of the lynch. I'm going to vote now but I'm less confident over this one than I have been the previous two lynches, so I'm open to changing it if something more compelling comes up. I'm very interested in what Long Con and S~V~S have to say over this message thing.

So, I'm voting Mongoose. Voting record and general bad vibes I'm getting, especially jokey responses to my suspicion of her.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I have been dwelling on this all AM. I am feeling like a bully here. Daisy sounds upset in a real way, saying stuff like she does not give a shit. And I feel awful in a real way, too. I am letting it bleed into my other game. So I am gonna walk away from Mafia today.

I will be back to vote.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Elohcin »

I'm here to catch up! I just spent close to 20 hours (over the past three days) on one cake and I am beat. I am interested to see why zeek voted for mongoose already. I have to say, I have had a bad gut feeling about her since close to the beginning but you can't really go off of gut this late in the game.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Long Con, couldn't the message to you be from Rogue who stole Snape's power? And it looks like SVS isn't going to be back except to vote so won't you please share with us what you know? I'm assuming it will help us narrow people down.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:Long Con, couldn't the message to you be from Rogue who stole Snape's power? And it looks like SVS isn't going to be back except to vote so won't you please share with us what you know? I'm assuming it will help us narrow people down.
If the message is from Rogue, how could it help narrow anyone down?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I think zeek's vote for Mongoose is warranted, but I have a few other folks on my radar, and feel discussion hasn't occurred with regards to enough of them yet, so I'll hold off on my vote. I have homework I have to do, but I'll be back in the afternoon or evening to see what everyone's thinking.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, and Daisy, I'm curious: Who are your suspects right now and why?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I think Blooper is the best way to go for now. I'm willing to give SD the BOTD, and inactive players (while annoying and not at all worthy of a win) aren't as big of an issue right now.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I've got stuff to do so voting now and leaving for probably the rest of the day. I will check in from time to time.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”