Denim is expensive in Finland.
29%

Total votes: 14
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 352

Re: [Day 4]: Film Directors.

Post by thellama73 »

Canucklehead wrote:Can I take a really quick poll of how people are feeling about the following players? I'm planning to re-read them all before the end of the lynch, but I'd really like to be able to compare what I find with people's general impressions of them....

Bass, DF, Made, Rico, TH
They're all on my list except Made, who is fine. ALso on my list are Blooper and BR. Starting my rereads now...
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 366
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:Can I take a really quick poll of how people are feeling about the following players? I'm planning to re-read them all before the end of the lynch, but I'd really like to be able to compare what I find with people's general impressions of them....

Bass, DF, Made, Rico, TH
They're all on my list except Made, who is fine.
When did that happen?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 228

Post by Canucklehead »

thellama73 wrote:

Bass, DF, Made, Rico, TH
They're all on my list except Made, who is fine. ALso on my list are Blooper and BR. Starting my rereads now...
I forgot about Blooper, but I agree that she also needs some looking into.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Bass, DF, Made, Rico, TH
Bass - I am feeling this is his civvie game.
DF - Iunno how I feel about DF. Its a bit too early in the game to expect much from which is normal for him but quite unfair to others.
Made - I feel like I have made my feelings on him apparent.
Ricochet - I do feel like he sounds as if he has bts help - which I have mentioned before but is it civ or baddie btsc?
TH - another iunno. He has been one of the few I have agreed with in this game although that lastpage betwixt TH,SVS and thellama have me second guessing myself where he is concerned. I just don't see the point he was trying to make about Teeth and the poll.

I look forward to your thoughts on these players as well.

Linky - llama how did you clear Made so quickly but held onto your Day 1 suspicion of Vomps for 3 days??
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

All right, here are my reads on The Llama Six, as I am calling them.

DF - He's a civ. No worries.
Rico - He's bad. Vote for him.
TH - He's probably civ.
Blooper - She's bad. Lynch her.
Bass - I could go either way. A very non-committal game.
BR - Do not trust.

Roxy, I am very decisive. It's one of my best and worst qualities.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 228

Post by Canucklehead »

My pre-research reads/gut impressions on the Canuck Half-Dozen, as I've decided to name them ( :P )

Bass: flying very very low. Normally I'd say bored vanilla civ, but since the baddies are also atually quite "vanilla" in this game, I could also see him being a bored baddie
DF: similar to bass, I often forget he's playing. I have this impression that he seems to pop up mostly right before lynches and at night, but I haven't actually confirmed if that's true or not. Might be misremembering.
Made: He's always zany and off the wall, so that doesn't bother me too much...but he's also usually WAAAAY more involved, so that does raise my notice a little bit. Llama's vouch for him gives me pause
Rico: It is astonishing how easily he has fit in to the rhythms and lingo of this game. Very chameleon-like. I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt, but I'm starting to becoming more and more wary
TH: I've been suspicious of him since Day 1, for reasons I've stated already, but I am currently very on the fence
Ninjago: I think she's been sort of non-involved in every game I've played with her, but her posts this game are not only infrequent (which seems usual) but also thin on substance or new insights (which seems like an attempt to blend in)
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 325
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Roxy, my point about BWT was that he's the closest thing we have to a confirmed civ, and he isn't even on the poll, so we shouldn't keep discussing him when we have to talk about somebody to lynch. SVS came in with a semi-snarky comment about me stifling discussion. Llama's comment about it seemed tongue in cheek, but SVS seemed serious.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:Roxy, my point about BWT was that he's the closest thing we have to a confirmed civ, and he isn't even on the poll, so we shouldn't keep discussing him when we have to talk about somebody to lynch. SVS came in with a semi-snarky comment about me stifling discussion. Llama's comment about it seemed tongue in cheek, but SVS seemed serious.
SVS hates stifling discussion. I have extensive personal experience with this. :srsnod:

Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:It's true though, I've seen hosting errors involving killings and this is what it looks like. But it could be something else. I just don't think it impacts BWT's role either way.
As a host that has made possible hosting errors like this, to the thread appears this way but the players concerned have known why. :blush: There needs to be a better blush around these parts.

My point is I think it's a rez. No other point to this, I don't suspect BWT for being rezzed.
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Black Rock wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:It's true though, I've seen hosting errors involving killings and this is what it looks like. But it could be something else. I just don't think it impacts BWT's role either way.
As a host that has made possible hosting errors like this, to the thread appears this way but the players concerned have known why. :blush: There needs to be a better blush around these parts.

My point is I think it's a rez. No other point to this, I don't suspect BWT for being rezzed.
Agreed.

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Dom »

Ricochet wrote:
Dom wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Awesome, BWT! Very phoenix-like, already. The odd night baddies are having a nightmare of a game, so far.
Dom wrote:hmmmm
:evileye:
why the evil eye?
Your reaction stood out from the rest made me curious, that's all. Why did you "hmm" at BWT's rezz? Are you not happy with it?
It was unexpected--- so I'm thinking about the situation-- do you think that's bad?
birdwithteeth11 wrote:I'll settle this debate then. Mostly because I'm just as curious as all of you as to how I came back.

@Hostess: Was me dying on Night 3 an hosting error on your part, or was I actually rezzed?
Why would you think it was a host error?
If you have no idea how you were rezzed, where did you get the impression that you were supposed to live?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dom wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Why? I was merely rejoicing. That team is factually on a two-night fail streak.

Just a general heads up: Busy day(s) ahead (errands, test preparations, usual study), may affect even my usual afternoon or evening lurking hours.
We have more suitable smileys for rejoicing than that one.

Hmmm indeed.
wait what are YOU saying?
Sorry, I'm emphasizing Dom, not mocking you.
No explain yourself.
What about the smilies conflicts with his joy?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dom wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Dom wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Awesome, BWT! Very phoenix-like, already. The odd night baddies are having a nightmare of a game, so far.
Dom wrote:hmmmm
:evileye:
why the evil eye?
Your reaction stood out from the rest made me curious, that's all. Why did you "hmm" at BWT's rezz? Are you not happy with it?
It was unexpected--- so I'm thinking about the situation-- do you think that's bad?
birdwithteeth11 wrote:I'll settle this debate then. Mostly because I'm just as curious as all of you as to how I came back.

@Hostess: Was me dying on Night 3 an hosting error on your part, or was I actually rezzed?
Why would you think it was a host error?
If you have no idea how you were rezzed, where did you get the impression that you were supposed to live?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dom wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Why? I was merely rejoicing. That team is factually on a two-night fail streak.

Just a general heads up: Busy day(s) ahead (errands, test preparations, usual study), may affect even my usual afternoon or evening lurking hours.
We have more suitable smileys for rejoicing than that one.

Hmmm indeed.
wait what are YOU saying?
Sorry, I'm emphasizing Dom, not mocking you.
No explain yourself.
What about the smilies conflicts with his joy?
I have no idea what you're looking for Dom.

When I rejoice, I don't go :evileye: . I usually go :lorab: or :dance: or :yay: or :bliss: or :bounce: or :daisy:

I don't know wtf else you are asking.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

You thought his reaction to my post was part of his rejoice?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dom wrote:You thought his reaction to my post was part of his rejoice?
I did. I think I misinterpreted his explanation.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 124
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

I don't know what it is, but the previous page, (or last 40 or so post for those on weird page formats) just felt off to me too re:Canuck . I know what I was doing on that page, but just like early in the game( with everything surrounding RIco), the things people say just seems so on the nose. I'm known (among irl friends) for being really bad at picking up on subtlety, as well as having other notice when i'm low key saying something. That all said, It seems like every little thing anyone's doing this game is being spelled out, almost as if people want to be see as adding something to the conversation, but not really adding anything at all, just explaining subtleties.

Two people who I feel are doing this right now is
Dom- with his Juliet tier questioning
And
TH-
Turnip Head wrote:Roxy, my point about BWT was that he's the closest thing we have to a confirmed civ, and he isn't even on the poll, so we shouldn't keep discussing him when we have to talk about somebody to lynch.

Iunno, thoughts?

I'll be back later, Job interview!!!
Pov: you reading my takes
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Made- what're you on about? I have explained myself several times in this game.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 278

Post by S~V~S »

TH, I am thinking about the lynch. I was not talking about BWT, I am talking about the reaction some people had to his death, or lack thereof. I have no interest in lynching BWT, so his presence on the poll is irrelevant to me.

I think that is a valid path of exploration:shrug:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 72

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Dom, to answer your questions:

1) I asked because I've seen a similar thing happen before due to a host's error. So I wanted to know if it was that or if I had been rezzed.

2) I never got that impression. I was NKed, and then a few posts later, the hostess says I was rezzed. I have absolutely no idea what happened. My best guess is that someone rezzed me.

Linki: SVS, who do you think had a lack of reaction to my death?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Roxy, my point about BWT was that he's the closest thing we have to a confirmed civ, and he isn't even on the poll, so we shouldn't keep discussing him when we have to talk about somebody to lynch. SVS came in with a semi-snarky comment about me stifling discussion. Llama's comment about it seemed tongue in cheek, but SVS seemed serious.
:noble:

SVS hates stifling discussion. I have extensive personal experience with this. :srsnod:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

In Richochet's defense, I also raised an eyebrow at Dom's "hmm." Not the enthusiastic welcome back I would have expected from a civ, but possibly the sign of annoyance and confusion at a civ who refuses to die properly.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:TH, I am thinking about the lynch. I was not talking about BWT, I am talking about the reaction some people had to his death, or lack thereof. I have no interest in lynching BWT, so his presence on the poll is irrelevant to me.

I think that is a valid path of exploration:shrug:
Okay, so then I'm confused. Why was your post directed at me?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dom, what do you think of SVS now?

LC where do you stand now?

DF, what are your thoughts now?

These are three people who stated that they think lynching vomps will help us learn something. Dom, specifically saying he would reserve judgment on SVS until after.

I'm off to class. BBL.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Dom, to answer your questions:

1) I asked because I've seen a similar thing happen before due to a host's error. So I wanted to know if it was that or if I had been rezzed.

2) I never got that impression. I was NKed, and then a few posts later, the hostess says I was rezzed. I have absolutely no idea what happened. My best guess is that someone rezzed me.

Linki: SVS, who do you think had a lack of reaction to my death?

Sorry unclear phone post. When I said "death or lack thereof" I meant lack of death, not lack of reaction. I will read again and pull quotes when home.

Linki, because you seemed to be coming in and trying to turn discussion and redirect the discussion a different way. Plus harder to pull multiquotes at work on phone.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

What are everyone's thoughts on MM?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I still hold Metalmarsh as my main suspicion, but I'm almost afraid to say that I'm starting to suspect Llama as well. I have to go back and read to see what I am thinking here, something he was saying earlier set off my Spidey-sense.

BWT, way to be immortal! :noble:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Long Con wrote:I still hold Metalmarsh as my main suspicion, but I'm almost afraid to say that I'm starting to suspect Llama as well. I have to go back and read to see what I am thinking here, something he was saying earlier set off my Spidey-sense.

Llama hasn't set my Spidey-senses off yet at all. So I look forward to seeing what you dig up.

I'm trying. I think the other civvies could learn something from me. :noble:

Also, I'm still leaning strongest on Rico. I will probably be voting him unless someone can convince me of a better case against someone else.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:I still hold Metalmarsh as my main suspicion, but I'm almost afraid to say that I'm starting to suspect Llama as well. I have to go back and read to see what I am thinking here, something he was saying earlier set off my Spidey-sense.

Hi, Long Con!

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Made wrote:I don't know what it is, but the previous page, (or last 40 or so post for those on weird page formats) just felt off to me too re:Canuck . I know what I was doing on that page, but just like early in the game( with everything surrounding RIco), the things people say just seems so on the nose. I'm known (among irl friends) for being really bad at picking up on subtlety, as well as having other notice when i'm low key saying something. That all said, It seems like every little thing anyone's doing this game is being spelled out, almost as if people want to be see as adding something to the conversation, but not really adding anything at all, just explaining subtleties.

Two people who I feel are doing this right now is
Dom- with his Juliet tier questioning
And
TH-
Turnip Head wrote:Roxy, my point about BWT was that he's the closest thing we have to a confirmed civ, and he isn't even on the poll, so we shouldn't keep discussing him when we have to talk about somebody to lynch.

Iunno, thoughts?

I'll be back later, Job interview!!!
:mad:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Hello, good people. I have caught up (I think) and the more I'm reading Rico, the worse he looks. The most recent offense is the strangeness with the evil eye reaction, and I see others also found it very out of place. I believe I have mentioned his strange behavior (mostly about knowing things that vets tend to know more than newbies) before, but I can go back and look more closely. As for the others on the Canuck list, I will really have to go back and look. Except Made. Made seems relatively normal zany still, and not baddie under-the-radar strange.
thellama73 wrote: Blooper - She's bad. Lynch her.
:evileye: (this is the appropriate use of the evil eye) Lynch me, and you get rid of a(n albeit relatively inactive) Civ. But words are words.
Canucklehead wrote: Ninjago: I think she's been sort of non-involved in every game I've played with her, but her posts this game are not only infrequent (which seems usual) but also thin on substance or new insights (which seems like an attempt to blend in)
You are unfortunately too right about the first part - I have been more uninvolved in this game than in most of my past games due to RL issues, etc. In other games, I am quiet but at least involved in conversation to an extent and keep up as well as I can (uninvolved to me implies not responding to others and not even bothering to read and missing votes, so I wouldn't call myself that for the most part). Also, I like that I'm now a buildable children's plaything :biggrin: I do love Legos.

I want to eat pizza now. I will do this thing. I will hopefully return.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:I feel the thread is being pulled in a few different directions and am unsure who to trust until we get a baddie and we can more fruitfully examine voting records. I think it's possible the baddies wanted us to lynch Vomps and actively helped us do that; I also think it's possible the baddies had nothing at all to do with it and just let nature take its course.

I still find myself suspicious of SVS. Her last post might have really pinged me depending on what she meant, so I await her clarification.

I still think something is up with Made as well. I feel he stands out as a player who jumped hard onto Llama's case against Vomp with no questions asked.
And why is that? What did you think I could have meant that was bad? It sincerely felt to me like you were intentionally pulling the thread away from discussing potential baddie reactions to BWTs survival. That, to me, is relevant discussion fodder for a lynch. So you coming in here and trying to squash that topic pinged the crap out of me, I must say. It felt like you were swooping in and rescuing people, tbh. Look, up in the sky! A flying Turnip!!

The people I am looking at today are Metalmarsh, Ricochet & Made. I felt that all of them kind of hopped on Llamas coattails. I am not necessarily seeing bad Llama, I am seeing typical Llama. I tend to view normal Llama as bad, but alot of that is due to our playstyles being so radically different. But I intend to reread them tonight and tomorrow AM.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:I'm trying. I think the other civvies could learn something from me. :noble:
I know I have. :srsnod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:And why is that? What did you think I could have meant that was bad? It sincerely felt to me like you were intentionally pulling the thread away from discussing potential baddie reactions to BWTs survival. That, to me, is relevant discussion fodder for a lynch. So you coming in here and trying to squash that topic pinged the crap out of me, I must say. It felt like you were swooping in and rescuing people, tbh. Look, up in the sky! A flying Turnip!!
You sure extrapolated a lot of meaning from my simple desire to talk about things other than lynching a twice rezzed confirmed civ who can't be lynched :mafia:

That's okay because I read a lot of meaning into your post as well:
S~V~S wrote:We only discuss people on the poll, TH?

Linki, do you think he should be on the poll?
So when I read this, I think to myself, "Okay, what is SVS really trying to ask me?" It seemed like maybe you misunderstood what I meant, but your next post makes it clear you understood me.
S~V~S wrote:Gotcha, TH.

But no calling me a baddie when I pop in here in the middle of a discussion you are having and tell you to stop talking about whatever it is you are discussing., k?
When I read this post it seemed to me to come from a baddie mindset. You're not actually accusing me in this post, but your whole line of "no calling me a baddie when " really struck me. Why are you laying groundwork to come in here at some point in the future and stop discussion, and then on top of that state that I can't call you a baddie when that time comes?

It seems like you agree with me that BWT is not worth discussing for today's vote. So why do you find it suspicious that I would want to nip that in the bud before it ate up all of today's discussion? Do you really think I intentionally wanted people to stop talking about lynching BWT in order to protect the baddies from speaking their minds? That's just... I don't know SVS. Do you really believe that? Why wouldn't I just say something in BTSC if that were the case?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:
S~V~S wrote:And why is that? What did you think I could have meant that was bad? It sincerely felt to me like you were intentionally pulling the thread away from discussing potential baddie reactions to BWTs survival. That, to me, is relevant discussion fodder for a lynch. So you coming in here and trying to squash that topic pinged the crap out of me, I must say. It felt like you were swooping in and rescuing people, tbh. Look, up in the sky! A flying Turnip!!
You sure extrapolated a lot of meaning from my simple desire to talk about things other than lynching a twice rezzed confirmed civ who can't be lynched :mafia:

So when I read this, I think to myself, "Okay, what is SVS really trying to ask me?" It seemed like maybe you misunderstood what I meant, but your next post makes it clear you understood me.

But no calling me a baddie when I pop in here in the middle of a discussion you are having and tell you to stop talking about whatever it is you are discussing., k?
When I read this post it seemed to me to come from a baddie mindset. You're not actually accusing me in this post, but your whole line of "no calling me a baddie when " really struck me. Why are you laying groundwork to come in here at some point in the future and stop discussion, and then on top of that state that I can't call you a baddie when that time comes?

It seems like you agree with me that BWT is not worth discussing for today's vote. So why do you find it suspicious that I would want to nip that in the bud before it ate up all of today's discussion? Do you really think I intentionally wanted people to stop talking about lynching BWT in order to protect the baddies from speaking their minds? That's just... I don't know SVS. Do you really believe that? Why wouldn't I just say something in BTSC if that were the case?

You and SVS are forcing this topic a little too much. Unless you're trying to build something on SVS, let's move on.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

You and SVS are forcing this topic a little too much. Unless you're trying to build something on SVS, let's move on.

Who's stifling discussion now?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Right?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Who would you like to discuss, Marshy?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Who's stifling discussion now?

I don't understand what TH is looking for, and I'm afraid that it could be intentionally distracting from better topics of discussion.

I'm also waiting to hear from the people who stated that vompatti's lynch would help us learn some things, and tell us what we've learned.

Linki: Bass, SVS, Roxy, or LC.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sorry for being rude TH. I'm not trying to shut you off, but I don't understand what you're getting on about.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I don't understand what TH is looking for, and I'm afraid that it could be intentionally distracting from better topics of discussion.
I'm looking for me and SVS to either get on the same page or to continue airing our suspicions of each other. I'm not against discussing other things, but it seems odd that you expect me to drop this when SVS and I obviously have concerns about each other.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

TH, I don't agree with you at all. I don't think BWT is worth discussing for a vote ever; it has nothing to do with him being off the poll.

I was not discussing him. I was discussing the people who WERE discussing him. And that is what I thought you were trying to shut down.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

TH, what is your opinion on MM, Made & Ricochet?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

But I feel like I've been misinterpreted literally all day and I can't figure out why, so maybe I need to step back from the thread for a bit.

linki. So, it sounds like we mostly agree, and that you just don't approve of me shutting down a discussion that could have potentially led to baddies shooting themselves in the foot. When really my post was more directed at my fellow civvies to encourage other avenues of discussion. It seems to have been wildly misinterpreted, but oh well.

linki 2: I'll write something up in a minute about them, but I've shared my thoughts on Made previously.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Why does everyone keep doing this? Am I being rude by asking people to say what they think now? People keep telling me to go find their prior posts.

And perhaps you are right. Note you are not on my short list, but i appear to be on yours.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:But I feel like I've been misinterpreted literally all day and I can't figure out why, so maybe I need to step back from the thread for a bit.

linki. So, it sounds like we mostly agree, and that you just don't approve of me shutting down a discussion that could have potentially led to baddies shooting themselves in the foot. When really my post was more directed at my fellow civvies to encourage other avenues of discussion. It seems to have been wildly misinterpreted, but oh well.
I've been doing that a lot this game. :sigh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:Why does everyone keep doing this? Am I being rude by asking people to say what they think now? People keep telling me to go find their prior posts.

And perhaps you are right. Note you are not on my short list, but i appear to be on yours.
I didn't say you were being rude, nor did I intend to be rude myself, nor did I tell you to go find my prior posts... that's just how you read my post I guess.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No, I thought I was being the problem; you are like the third person this game, when i ask their opinion on something, instead of stating it, say that they already stated it.

I like to have people say their opinion several times. While it makes differences/changes easier to spot, having someone repeat themselves accurately makes me feel better about them.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 322

Post by Ricochet »

RL busyness has interfered with me being able to look into many things, at least today.

The evil eye (I see it more as a stink eye, tbh) I gave Dom was about his curious reaction to BWT's resurrection. Kinda like Llama felt, too. It felt very open to interpretation. Now I'm getting heat for doing that. When Dom gave me the stink eye for something as accidental as messing up Canuck's gender and I needed BTSC to correct something like that, nobody cared (or even endorsed that). Nothing further to add.

Blooper, if you could specify what you found strange in my behaviour so far or what you find strange about my level of gameplay being so un-newbie-like, I'd like to hear it. All I know is that I'm doing my best to play this game at my best, first game or not. The fact that it's actually a cause for suspicion completely befuddles me.

Llama's self-described "major reevaluation" is the most underwhelming thing posted in this game so far: "nothing's changed, everyone's as bad/good as I saw them from the beginning" sounds pretty wary, considering his previous decisive crusade lasted four days and led absolutely nowhere. His "third party voters and the consistent Vomps voters are the main suspects" sounds like the worst interpretations possible to me, considering the 12 people that have bludgeoned Vomps, for various reasons. Anyway, I personally wouldn't trust him on any judgement from now on that is not heavily backed with arguments.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

Llama hasn't set my Spidey-senses off yet at all. So I look forward to seeing what you dig up.

I'm trying. I think the other civvies could learn something from me. :noble:

Also, I'm still leaning strongest on Rico. I will probably be voting him unless someone can convince me of a better case against someone else.
You'll still be my hero, even if you lynch a civvie fan like me. :noble:

Every paragraph above free to snip. I have a few more thoughts on other players, but I can't fully develop them now, not to mention react to the linkitis. It's 3AM and I can't keep up anymore.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 205
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Announcements:

Thank you all for your submissions so far for the Misspelled Director's Chair event/game. You still another full day. At the end of Day 4, I'll notify the winners and alert them of their prize(s).

I'll be out of town this weekend (and every weekend in February, ugh), so my plan is to have Day 5 last three days instead of two. I will be with my in-laws who are stateside so won't have a ton fo time to make the Night post, BUT I will be able to check in occasionally and answer your questions.

Thank you for all being respectful to one another and for bearing with me as my TS access has been greatly lessened (due to work blocking it -- I sometimes go outside far enough where my phone gets signal to check for messages -- just that dedicated!)

Back to your regularly scheduled Day 4, already in progress.

Oh here's a video. The Academy's tribute to Kate Hepburn, the superior of the two Hepburns.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:
Oh here's a video. The Academy's tribute to Kate Hepburn, the superior of the two Hepburns.
Um....flase.

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Ricochet wrote:RL busyness has interfered with me being able to look into many things, at least today.

The evil eye (I see it more as a stink eye, tbh) I gave Dom was about his curious reaction to BWT's resurrection. Kinda like Llama felt, too. It felt very open to interpretation. Now I'm getting heat for doing that. When Dom gave me the stink eye for something as accidental as messing up Canuck's gender and I needed BTSC to correct something like that, nobody cared (or even endorsed that). Nothing further to add.

Blooper, if you could specify what you found strange in my behaviour so far or what you find strange about my level of gameplay being so un-newbie-like, I'd like to hear it. All I know is that I'm doing my best to play this game at my best, first game or not. The fact that it's actually a cause for suspicion completely befuddles me.
Sure thing! It's like I said in an earlier post - while at first I chalked up your general know-how to be really careful thread-reading and lurking (I did that a lot when I was new and depended on that to understand the game), it started appearing too...for lack of a better word, knowledgeable to be coincidental. The first instance that made me think along these lines, rather than coincidence/reading, was the Canuck gender thing. You had no prodding in-thread to correct this mistake that I noticed, which just happened to catch my eye. I applaud good playing and participation; however, just to let you know WHY you're garnering suspicion, there have been a few instances of newbies getting a baddie role early in their mafia careers, and they've been caught because they seemed to "know too much" (AKA getting info from BTSC and not in-thread) and didn't hide it well. Hope that answers your question, but I'm happy to address whatever else is necessary.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”