The Avengers [Day 5]

Play the current standard game here!
- Any number of players
- Any number of non-vanilla roles
- Any cycle lengths (subject to staff review)

Moderators: Job Host, Game Facilitators

Take this vote... shine it up real nice... turn it sideways...

Poll runs till Fri May 10, 2024 6:00 pm

Abigail Sophia
No votes
dunya
No votes
falcon45ca
No votes
Lime Coke
No votes
LoRab
No votes
Michelle
No votes
motobot
No votes
sig
No votes
Simon
40%
Syn
No votes
TonyStarkPrime
No votes
...and stick it straight up your candy ass! (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
60%

Total votes: 5
Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 37

Re: The Avengers [Day 1]

Post by Simon »

Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:10 pm What's everyone's opinions on yeeting a no-show for Day 1?
If we choose to play by that, then your options (so far anyway) would be motobot, Abigail Sophia, dunia, and lorab. Let me know if I am missing someone.

Also, I keep finding a lot of "intuition" and "gambler's fallacy". This tells me that some people are struggling to find anything useful to say. But then again, this is still just the beginning of the game, and I'm sure it can be hard to go off of something when there isn't much to go off to begin with.

But personally, intuition and gambler's fallacy are not something I usually go off of, especially at the start of something like this.
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 175
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Michelle wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:29 pm @Lime Coke what's your take?
The only person I'm considering a no show is Dunya but I never want to yeet her when she hasn't had a chance to play the game.
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 188
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Simon wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:19 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:10 pm What's everyone's opinions on yeeting a no-show for Day 1?
If we choose to play by that, then your options (so far anyway) would be motobot, Abigail Sophia, dunia, and lorab. Let me know if I am missing someone.

Also, I keep finding a lot of "intuition" and "gambler's fallacy". This tells me that some people are struggling to find anything useful to say. But then again, this is still just the beginning of the game, and I'm sure it can be hard to go off of something when there isn't much to go off to begin with.

But personally, intuition and gambler's fallacy are not something I usually go off of, especially at the start of something like this.
Are they better or worse than nothing? :grin:
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Syn »

Michelle wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:18 pm What do you mean by new Michelle? @Syn
PTSD flashbacks of Sims Mafia :omg:
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Simon wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:19 pm But personally, intuition and gambler's fallacy are not something I usually go off of, especially at the start of something like this.
What else would you go off of on D1?

ImageImageImageImage
Simon
The Mark

Post by Simon »

Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:20 pm

Are they better or worse than nothing? :grin:
If it were me, then I would probably wait until the day 1 voting ends, then questions would be asked. I'm just not the person who would want to state the obvious, let alone joke around. I'm usually more serious than that.
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 46

Post by falcon45ca »

By "a lot", do you mean the twice?

IIRC TonyPrime brought up the gamblers fallacy, and I brought up intuition...what other mentions of these terms did you see?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Simon
The Mark

Post by Simon »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:30 pm

IIRC TonyPrime brought up the gamblers fallacy, and I brought up intuition...what other mentions of these terms did you see?
Yeah you're right, I kinda over exaggerated. But I previously mentioned that there wasn't a lot to go off of given the current position of this game thus far. So I didn't really find anything much of interest.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I asked Tony what his intuition told him, and he gave a couple of answers to that. I took "a lot" to mean "general attitudes of which those things were an example".

This soft interrogation of Simon looks both pointless and predatory. [VOTE: falcon] aubergine
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

haha, yeah, falcon, what a dweeb, doing that to simon

i totally wasn't about to do the same thing

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

okay not that specifically but I was going to interrogate the intuition thing and what the alternative is in a low-content D1

ImageImageImageImage
motobot
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 19
Aka: Moto

Post by motobot »

Yeah, D1 I usually don't have anything to go off of other than gut feeling. Same applies here, so all I can do at the moment is vote and hope.
motobot
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 19
Aka: Moto

Post by motobot »

That being said. [VOTE: Long con] aubergine
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 pm

I asked Tony what his intuition told him, and he gave a couple of answers to that. I took "a lot" to mean "general attitudes of which those things were an example".

This soft interrogation of Simon looks both pointless and predatory. [VOTE: falcon] aubergine

You did so once, and only after I brought up intuition...and predatory of Simon eh?

Why is Simon Town?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Syn wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:17 pm haha, yeah, falcon, what a dweeb, doing that to simon

i totally wasn't about to do the same thing
TR Syn, cuz I feel Maf Syn would leap at the chance to join a Town falcon wagon
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:05 pm

You did so once, and only after I brought up intuition...and predatory of Simon eh?

Why is Simon Town?
What do you mean?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:10 pm

Why is Simon Town?
What do you mean?

You said I'm being predatory of Simon...which shouldn't matter if he's Maf, right?

So why is he town?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 pm

Why is Simon Town?
What do you mean?

You said I'm being predatory of Simon...which shouldn't matter if he's Maf, right?

So why is he town?
So, this limp-noodle "gotcha" is supposed to direct attantion away from you? Is that the idea here?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:43 pm

Why is Simon Town?
What do you mean?

So why is he town?
So, this limp-noodle "gotcha" is supposed to direct attantion away from you? Is that the idea here?

No

My favorite part is how you characterize my question as a limp-noodle gotcha instead of just answering it
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: longcon] aubergine
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 73
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Long Con wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:59 pm Hey LoRab! :feb:
Why are you feb smiley if me?

And hi!
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I definitely posted and voted in day 0!
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I ask this as an honest question: what is with the long con votes? I am super tired, so probably not thinking well, but I’m not getting those votes.

Or any others, really, other than several s*it’s and giggles votes.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:29 pm

Why is Simon Town?
What do you mean?

So why is he town?

No

My favorite part is how you characterize my question as a limp-noodle gotcha instead of just answering it
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:30 pm [VOTE: longcon] aubergine
:haha: Is this seriously something you expect to pass the sniff check as "good logic"?

I can't be part of this conversation, not in the mood to entertain something this inane.

If my vote on you was a poke-vibe-check, you failed it bad, dude.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LoRab wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:59 pm Hey LoRab! :feb:
Why are you feb smiley if me?

And hi!
I thought I'd get it out of the way early this game. :grin: It is a direct reference to last game between us.
LoRab wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:52 pm I ask this as an honest question: what is with the long con votes? I am super tired, so probably not thinking well, but I’m not getting those votes.

Yeah, motobot hasn't really explained his yet. You can come to your own conclusion about falcon's, it's all right out there and recent.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

:ponder:

ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LoRab wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:52 pm I ask this as an honest question: what is with the long con votes? I am super tired, so probably not thinking well, but I’m not getting those votes.

OH lol I forgot about leetic's vote on me. I don't think we know why for that one either.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Syn wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:39 pm:ponder:
I just thunk that typing words to convey your thoughts would be more proactive, in a game as quiet as this, than an emoji implying the existence of thoughts.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

motobot wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:49 pm That being said. [VOTE: Long con] aubergine
Hey moto, your gut feeling says I am bad?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Syn wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 pm okay not that specifically but I was going to interrogate the intuition thing and what the alternative is in a low-content D1
Did you decide not to because:
a) falcon did it
b) I called him out negatively about it, or
c) at best, it would be unproductive busy-talk, at worst, the 'predatory' gotcha behaviour that falcon is all about
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Michelle wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:13 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 pm
Michelle wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:58 pm Wilgy feels town.

I don't know about anyone else, not enough inputs

What would Maf Wilgy feel like w/ 4 posts?
Mafia Wilgy doesn't make me smile
I'd be willing to bet a great deal of money that this isn't entirely true.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:38 pm
Sub-optimal play IMO
Agreed
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Everyone's soooo cool, out partying on Saturday night! :pout:
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:55 pm
Syn wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:39 pm:ponder:
I just thunk that typing words to convey your thoughts would be more proactive, in a game as quiet as this, than an emoji implying the existence of thoughts.
but I'm shy

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:02 pm
Syn wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 pm okay not that specifically but I was going to interrogate the intuition thing and what the alternative is in a low-content D1
Did you decide not to because:
a) falcon did it
b) I called him out negatively about it, or
c) at best, it would be unproductive busy-talk, at worst, the 'predatory' gotcha behaviour that falcon is all about
mostly didn't because my first post to Simon was promptly ignored while he was in-thread, and his reply to falcon during that did not seem like it would lead anywhere useful if I repeated myself

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:26 pm Everyone's soooo cool, out partying on Saturday night! :pout:
I promise I'm not having a single good time tonight

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

I don't really have a lot of experience with LC but he was more agreeable in the game I do remember where he was wolfing. weak gut read says being antagonistic is a good sign?

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

it at least gets the people going

ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

It's provocative!
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

No thanks. Far better to vote someone who can actually respond.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Thread is still way too quiet. I'll give minor townleans to Michelle and falcon for now, but that's about all.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Porscha »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:36 pm No, I shouldn't got Porscha like that. Porscha is a delight of a person.
its okay I had a good laugh lol
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Michelle wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:13 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 pm
Michelle wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:58 pm Wilgy feels town.

I don't know about anyone else, not enough inputs

What would Maf Wilgy feel like w/ 4 posts?
Mafia Wilgy doesn't make me smile
wow he makes me smile regardless of alignment
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:29 pm

Why is Simon Town?
What do you mean?

So why is he town?

No

He should've asked you about your limp noodle instead.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Michelle, maybe Syn, mayyyybe Falcon can go into towns.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Anyone else getting internal server errors?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Townread:
Porschaaaaaaa
Michelle
Falcon

Townlean:
Leetic
Syn
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:23 am Anyone else getting internal server errors?
have you noticed the like 35-50 "guests" in this thread at any given moment lmao something aint right
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

also I think falcon is town, I feel pretty good about that

Return to “The Job”