The Avengers [ENDGAME]

Play the current standard game here!
- Any number of players
- Any number of non-vanilla roles
- Any cycle lengths (subject to staff review)

Moderators: Job Host, Game Facilitators

Rocket Science, my dear Watson.

Poll ended at Mon May 13, 2024 6:00 pm

Abigail Sophia
50%
Lime Coke
No votes
LoRab
No votes
Michelle
No votes
Simon
No votes
Syn
No votes
Moriarty (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 12
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 188
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: The Avengers [Night 3]

Post by Long Con »

leetic wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:50 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:30 pm I may support voting Long Con this upcoming day phase because this dude keeps trying to push town...and pushed one out successfully.
Hate to break it to you, but Porscha probably wasn't town
No, from what Epi wrote, I don't think she had turned.
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 143

Post by Syn »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:30 pm I may support voting Long Con this upcoming day phase because this dude keeps trying to push town...and pushed one out successfully.
the flip says she was
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 209
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Re: The Avengers [Day 3]

Post by Lime Coke »

Syn wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:52 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:29 pm
Syn wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:48 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:43 am @Porscha

Soooo yeah obviously you're seeing yourself being voted and there's a chance you go down.

I would love to save you, but I burned my "rally the troops" time yesterday. If I wanted to try to force things again I would need a strong scumread and for it to hit or else I just look like an even bigger jackass.

I'd again be glad to try to follow you and help you get someone voted out that you scumread. Idk if you really have one but even if it's a slight scumread it's more than what I've got.
possibly the worst post I've read of yours all game
Also...literally why?
it's extremely self-indulgent
:shrug:
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Simon »

Syn wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:57 am
Simon wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:35 pm
Syn wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:48 pm
Simon wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:30 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:52 pm
Simon wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:43 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:27 pm [VOTE: Motobot] aubergine

Here until I see anything else worth voting.

Otherwise I'm not doing much this day phase. I got my townreads list up so any questions go ahead and ping.
But why the accusation against Moto?
Who do you think would be a better option?
Flipping the question to my opinion doesn't make any sense seeing as I asked the person who made the original statement for their opinion. That being said, I already implied this, but if anything, Abigail is the most questionable person who's stay away attitude really doesn't help her case at all.

Don't get me wrong, I don't accuse people for inactivity, not to mention, that really isn't the problem. The problem is the fact that Abigail hasn't done much of anything at all. She even said it herself that she doesn't actually pay attention to debates or speculation, to the point where she never has anything to say.

If she is indeed gathering info and having her own opinions and reads then good for her. But she is also being very quiet with her own thoughts and never actually shares them.

Trust me,she's even like this irl, so this is a very good reason as to why I shouldn't trust her. And besides, if she was town, she probably wouldn't be trying to hide as much as she is.

I have the same opinion on moto, it's not like he's done much of anything either. But unlike Abigail, he never actually stated that he was trying to stay away from anything supposedly chaotic.
if abigail is quiet and avoids conflict IRL, why is it suspicious if she also does that here? or did I misread this?
Believe it or not, that's just how predictable she is. And think about it, It's easy to read someone if you lived with them for over a decade. Even so, I still think she would be putting at least some effort if she was town.
does abigail have a (reliable) meta of only posting a lot if she's town? i don't get the argument here, and it's weird that both you and moto are doing it at the same time
Well I recently asked leetic if Abigail was town in kagemusha, and it turns out that she was. So to answer your question, that would be a no. Of all the elements that lead me to suspect Abigail, it felt a bit obvious that her actions depending on alignment was merely based on gut feeling.
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Syn wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:52 pm
the flip says she was
I don't really count someone who can convert at the first sign of trouble a townie anyway. That lynch was probably for the best, even if a wolf flip would probably be better
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Anyway, Brad needs to be pressured more. I had a theory for why t!Brad might have been so tunneled on me that, suffice to say, was debunked by the flip
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Simon »

Porscha wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:23 pm
motobot wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:16 am
Porscha wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:43 am
Porscha wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:20 am
motobot wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:53 pm I just realized my last post might not make sense after re-reading it. So to go into further detail Abigail was hesitant to vote Porscha, but she did anyway. I believe Abigail found out that even if she voted Porscha the vote would still lose.
uh I dont get it but I also dont really know how to interact with children so i'ma just say I dont get it and leave it at that lol
I like, *want* to be able to interact with the chillens so i'm gonna attempt this

@motobot

wat

I *think* I know what you are implying, but it relies entirely on the premise that you randomly surmised exists by virtue of saying it lol.

1) why do you think abigail had special voting information?
2) why does that ability inherently make her a wolf?
3) and then why does she choose to do what I think you are implying she does?
Because if you read enough you could figure out that leetic had more votes than you.
Abigail was unwilling to vote you but still did. Why vote someone if you don't believe they are wolf. And by voting you if you flipped wolf in the future she would look less suspicious.
Now I believe I answered all of your questions but I could've misunderstood one.
Moto I would like you to ask yourself why, if abigsil is a wolf, would she vote someone (leetic) who she knows will flip town and make her look bad. And it would make her look bad, she isn't very active and didn't have her own scumread on leetic. So it would look like a thoughtless sheep. She could have voted anybody else regardless of alignment to avoid that exact predicament.

So tell me- why didn't this occur to you and why are you preflipping Abigail to preflip yet someone else? Don't you think youre getting ahead of yourself in this thought process? If I flip today, and you will see I am town, will you still think Abigail is a wolf?

It isn't good practice to engage in the logic you're engaging in, in my personal opinion. It's an easy way to flip 2 town if you're a wolf.

And if you're town then it's just not a strategy that behoove you or the rest of the town. Hope this helps
Look, why don't we ask the actual player who is currently being the suspect? Even though she probably won't answer.

@abigail Sophia

Why did you you vote for porscha?
leetic
Racketeer

Re: The Avengers [Day 2]

Post by leetic »

Simon wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:25 pm
Porscha wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:23 pm
motobot wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:16 am
Porscha wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:43 am
Porscha wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:20 am
motobot wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:53 pm I just realized my last post might not make sense after re-reading it. So to go into further detail Abigail was hesitant to vote Porscha, but she did anyway. I believe Abigail found out that even if she voted Porscha the vote would still lose.
uh I dont get it but I also dont really know how to interact with children so i'ma just say I dont get it and leave it at that lol
I like, *want* to be able to interact with the chillens so i'm gonna attempt this

@motobot

wat

I *think* I know what you are implying, but it relies entirely on the premise that you randomly surmised exists by virtue of saying it lol.

1) why do you think abigail had special voting information?
2) why does that ability inherently make her a wolf?
3) and then why does she choose to do what I think you are implying she does?
Because if you read enough you could figure out that leetic had more votes than you.
Abigail was unwilling to vote you but still did. Why vote someone if you don't believe they are wolf. And by voting you if you flipped wolf in the future she would look less suspicious.
Now I believe I answered all of your questions but I could've misunderstood one.
Moto I would like you to ask yourself why, if abigsil is a wolf, would she vote someone (leetic) who she knows will flip town and make her look bad. And it would make her look bad, she isn't very active and didn't have her own scumread on leetic. So it would look like a thoughtless sheep. She could have voted anybody else regardless of alignment to avoid that exact predicament.

So tell me- why didn't this occur to you and why are you preflipping Abigail to preflip yet someone else? Don't you think youre getting ahead of yourself in this thought process? If I flip today, and you will see I am town, will you still think Abigail is a wolf?

It isn't good practice to engage in the logic you're engaging in, in my personal opinion. It's an easy way to flip 2 town if you're a wolf.

And if you're town then it's just not a strategy that behoove you or the rest of the town. Hope this helps
Look, why don't we ask the actual player who is currently being the suspect? Even though she probably won't answer.

@abigail Sophia

Why did you you vote for porscha?
She already answered:
Abigail Sophia wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:58 pm
leetic wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:54 pm
Abigail Sophia wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:52 pm
leetic wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:44 pm
Abigail Sophia wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:43 pm
leetic wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:33 pm
leetic wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:27 pm

Give us a vote, I want to see where your head's at.
Seems AS is just willing to crossvote motobot. Doesn't really move the needle either way.
I already made that mistake with Wilgy...I don't completely understand what's going on with that fight so I'm staying out of it
Why not join us on Porscha? Your vote won't have an impact on a vanity wagon
If it won't have an impact why should I join? I honestly don't think you or Porscha are bad (then again I haven't been paying much attention to Porscha)
It's more likely to have an impact if you vote Porscha. If you and Simon both vote Porscha, we'll only be two votes behind. And if you think I'm town, you should vote for the counterwagon which is Porscha.
Fine...but for the record I'm not happy with either of you getting eliminated
Though I'm not happy with the fact that I constantly have to answer for her
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

leetic wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:05 pm Anyway, Brad needs to be pressured more. I had a theory for why t!Brad might have been so tunneled on me that, suffice to say, was debunked by the flip
I said it a decent amount of times when I was tunneling on you, you were refusing to solve when I tried to get you to solve.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:03 pm
leetic wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:05 pm Anyway, Brad needs to be pressured more. I had a theory for why t!Brad might have been so tunneled on me that, suffice to say, was debunked by the flip
I said it a decent amount of times when I was tunneling on you, you were refusing to solve when I tried to get you to solve.
And you were doing nothing when I asked you to. That's not a towny reason for a tunnel.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Annnnnnd yeah I'm not exactly regretting it... like I'd do it again since you decided to be dumb about it.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

leetic wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:07 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:03 pm
And you were doing nothing when I asked you to. That's not a towny reason for a tunnel.
I did a shit ton before we spoke.

You had done nothing up to that point.

Then you repeated the same stupid statements towards me that were massively wrong.

So yeah I tunneled you out.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Let's do a shit ton right now!
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I think my main 3 townreads remain on Syn and Michelle at this point.

Simon prolly town since he's still trying.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:27 pm I think my main 3 townreads remain on Syn and Michelle at this point.

And yes I had 3 because I had in my mind that I had 3...then I looked at the list again and realized it was only 2.

And then yeah relooked and Simon is here so hi.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Otherwise....

Fuck all y'all.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:29 pm Otherwise....

Fuck all y'all.
Just kidding.

Not sure on y'all but yeah.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:27 pm I think my main 3 townreads remain on Syn and Michelle at this point.

I agree on Syn. I find Michelle somewhat inscrutable, maybe. Simon can also be Town.

So you're mad that I voted Porscha, huh? You don't have to just revenge vote me, man. That's lame. Instead, maybe we could start some form of towncore? I was in a towncore recently. Sort of. It was great!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:27 pm

And yes I had 3 because I had in my mind that I had 3...then I looked at the list again and realized it was only 2.

And then yeah relooked and Simon is here so hi.
Yeah, no, it was a thrill ride... I was like "but that's only... computing... this checks out then"
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Long Con wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:39 pm

I agree on Syn. I find Michelle somewhat inscrutable, maybe. Simon can also be Town.

So you're mad that I voted Porscha, huh? You don't have to just revenge vote me, man. That's lame. Instead, maybe we could start some form of towncore? I was in a towncore recently. Sort of. It was great!
I rolled with gangs once.

I rolled with gangs all the time.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Not a fan of it but your track record between SVS and her isn't great.

But I also am aware my track record is ass.

But yours counts.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:44 pm

I rolled with gangs once.

I rolled with gangs all the time.
Like Daniel Day Lewis in Gangs Of New York?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

But yours counts.
Ah, S~V~S, I was wondering what other "town" I had gone after, from your earlier coment. But I don't know that she's Town, I assume that you don't either, and only believe it.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Long Con wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:47 pm

But yours counts.
Ah, S~V~S, I was wondering what other "town" I had gone after, from your earlier coment. But I don't know that she's Town, I assume that you don't either, and only believe it.
Yes believing since only 1 person has been dying per night so guessing those people dying at night are town.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:49 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:47 pm

But yours counts.
Yes believing since only 1 person has been dying per night so guessing those people dying at night are town.
Yes, of course. I had a momentary lapse there, apologies.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

leetic wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:24 pm So it's a good thing that we're probably not dealing with a cult. Some town members being able to voluntarily change their alignments is nonetheless concerning, however. Solid lynch, but I wouldn't give too much credit as the wolves were likely unaware if Porscha was on their side.
I do believe your role implies the likely possibility of some form of involuntary recruitment, don't you agree?
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Long Con wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:57 pm
leetic wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:24 pm So it's a good thing that we're probably not dealing with a cult. Some town members being able to voluntarily change their alignments is nonetheless concerning, however. Solid lynch, but I wouldn't give too much credit as the wolves were likely unaware if Porscha was on their side.
I do believe your role implies the likely possibility of some form of involuntary recruitment, don't you agree?
Can't answer for leetic. But I'll say I completely disagree. This role says a player can choose to change alignment. Leetic's says they can revert someone. With Porcha's flip (RIP if you would have remained good), we know that allignment can change, but at will. I don't think that implies involuntary recruitment. At all.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Mixed feelings about the Lynch result. Current hydra would be better. And, potential hydra is still better than a full civ. And, given Porsha's willingness to have her vote target killed, without having to really discuss it at all, seems to me to be an indication that she wouldn't be civ for long.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I was thinking more along the lines of the park that says., "You cannot change your win condition."

Like, that's kind of a given for almost every mafia role you ever get and it goes without being said. I feel like it was mentioned because it implies involuntarily alignment change.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

*part
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Alright, < 5 hours of silence left until the night post can't wait.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Who's excited for the Deadpool and Wolverine movie?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Epignosis »

I'll take Night actions until 5:30pm ET today.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Long Con wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:00 am I was thinking more along the lines of the park that says., "You cannot change your win condition."

Like, that's kind of a given for almost every mafia role you ever get and it goes without being said. I feel like it was mentioned because it implies involuntarily alignment change.
Do you still think we have a cult in the game?

I get we have 2 possibilities of this Eod, one is Porscha still being a town flip, which would be explained by her insistence that she is town, and another being Porscha choosing to change sides and then she would know (probably) the wolves and was playing in antispew.
After I was wrong interpreting N1 flip, I don't think the WUs are giving us mech hints.

My personal take - I think it's too early in the game for a townie to give up and change wincon, especially for someone like Porscha who don't really enjoy to be a wolf. Her tone didn't change all game, and I think this is important, I think is hard for any player to keep the same vibe when they change alignament. I would expect an increased WIM if she would voluntarily choose to switch, and that didn't happen.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hypothetically, Michelle, at what point would you choose to switch in her position?
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Long Con wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:55 pm Hypothetically, Michelle, at what point would you choose to switch in her position?
I can't talk for someone else, I had this choice once and refused it.
But as exercise of imagination, I expect someone to turn bad when town can't win.

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

What about you, what would you do?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Michelle wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:12 pm What about you, what would you do?
It would all depend on whether the Hydra team gets to know that I have converted. If not, then it would definitely be a late game thing.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The thread is locked for upgrades. Est. Time: 30 minutes
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: The Avengers [Day 2]

Post by Epignosis »

TIPSY

In the bar across the street from where Porscha was murdered, "The Wind Cries Mary" was coming through the speakers of the jukebox.

Some patrons were having a lively debate.

"No way you're a better guitarist than Jimi Hendrix."

"I am so."

"How you figure?"

"Basic math, Einstein."

"Don't call me stupid. How you figure?"

"I've been playing guitar longer than that guy even lived."

Roxy, their waitress, came by with the next round.

"You boys sure are thirsty tonight."

"Hey, lemme ask you something. Who you think is better with a guitar. This guy or Jimi fuckin' Hendrix?"

Roxy looked at the patron's glossy eyes and cheap debonair grin.

She sighed. "Right now, probably Jimi Hendrix."

The one who asked the question victoriously slammed his hand on the table and some of his drink rolled over the glass.

The musician abandoned his seat and headed for the door.

"Hey, aren't you going to pay for your drinks?" Roxy cried. "The last time you guys left you didn't even leave me a tip!"

He turned around and reached his hand into his pocket.

"I've got your tip right here."

He brought forth a quarter and slammed it into the jukebox.

"There's your tip."

ROXY HAS BEEN KILLED.
IT IS NOW DAY 4. SOMEBODY'S GOT TO JOIN JIMI.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: The Avengers [Day 4]

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

time to ditch the ship or whatever the phrase is I cvan't htink straight
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:58 pm time to ditch the ship or whatever the phrase is I cvan't htink straight
Nooooo Tony! You've gotta fight it!

You need to put extra or electric blankets on the bed, have a cup of tea of chicken soup, a hot shower, and go to bed early. 12 hours in bed, staying under the covers even though you are sweating so much. In the morning your sheets will be soaked, and you will fell better. This has worked for me 4 or 5 times when I'm getting sick.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

While I still have time, here's the rough state of the game.

AS, motobot, and Simon are barely doing anything. motobot seems the least impressive slot of the three at a glance, but I'm not happy with AS's (lack of) effort either at this point. Meta from a previous game can only get you so far when you have a do-nothingist playstyle anyway.

dunya is a dead slot, someone vig this please. Thank you.

falcon's not looking any more impressive than when I last voted him, I'll give you that much.

Brad had a stupid tunnel D2 and refused to do anything afterwards. Don't go all "woe is me" about the Porscha wagon when you yourself said you weren't gonna do anything to stop it.

LC and LoRab look better than most people, but that's such a low bar to clear at this point.

Michelle's posts look alright I guess.

sig is basically another dead slot at this point.

I guess TSP is my top town read, but even he has done barely anything of late.

Try harder people.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Oh, and Syn's posts have been so forgettable I forgot to mention them in the above post.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

@leetic sounds like an apt summary for the most part.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

can’t believe I’m sick and am close to top posting for the day phase
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I’m going to sleep mfers
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

leetic wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:42 am Brad had a stupid tunnel D2 and refused to do anything afterwards. Don't go all "woe is me" about the Porscha wagon when you yourself said you weren't gonna do anything to stop it.
I literally told Porscha that I was gonna sheep her on a vote, or at least attempt to save her and vote.

Your reading comprehension is legit trash, dear lord.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Like I missed the deadline since I was with family and didn't remember the deadline time, so thought I had a bit more but yeah.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Also you just became clear via getting lynched. Aren't you supposed to be getting shit done yourself?

Or are you still going to sit on your ass and be a non-factor this game?

Return to “The Job”