Dungeons & Walruses

Take a walk in Tin Pan Alley, the area's most famous music district.

Moderator: Community Team

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 4

Dungeons & Walruses

Post by Epignosis »

DUNGEONS & WALRUSES

Adventure awaits in this musical campaign.

To prepare, you will submit twelve YouTube or Bandcamp tracks of your choice befitting the respective theme of each chapter of our journey.

Your DMs are Epignosis, Simon, and motobot. The three DMs will individually award experience points (XP) for each submission, up to ten per DM, for a possible total of 30 XP per chapter.

Each adventurer comes equipped with one enchanted potion. The track to which you apply your potion will earn you double the experience points for that chapter! This won’t change your raw ranking for the week, but the boost will show in the final tally. Use your one tonic wisely.

The adventurer with the most experience points after twelve chapters shall be crowned the winner.

++++

Send all links to me, Epignosis, either by private message here on The Syndicate or on Discord.

Reveals will be Sundays at 2pm ET in Discord unless there is a problem with that across the board.

Let's get started in the middle of June (we'll put the deadline at June 15th).

++++

Chapter One: Character Creation

What will you be in our grand adventure? A halfling thief? A mysterious sorcerer? A pretty princess? A gambling wisecracker? A shoe missing its laces?

Select a track that gives us an understanding of your role in our epic expedition.

Chapter Two: Together at the Inn

Many a journey starts here. The bards are a-singing, the barmaids are a-blushing, and the beer is a-flowing.

Choose something to suit the mood of fellowship, good times, intrigue, rumors, or that old man slowly approaching your table who is about to tell you something dire…

Chapter Three: Gathering Supplies & Equipment

Before you can make your journey, you will require supplies and equipment. Suit of armor? Gilded battleaxe? A piece of rope and silver pantaloons? Visit the shop and spend your gold pieces wisely.

Pick a track that details what you will be bringing along to help you survive and thrive against any encounters you may face along the way.

Chapter Four: The Perilous Journey Begins

With introductions made and preparations out of the way, it is time to venture forth into unknown terrain. Sometimes the thought of new horizons excites us. Sometimes hazard is afoot. Sometimes we miss the embrace of our empty beds.

Pluck out something that gives the impression of travel, of unaccustomed places, or of leaving familiar ground. Where is this untrodden road taking us?

Category Five: An Encounter!

Danger is imminent! It’s the hellhounds, or the bees, or the hellhounds with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you! Stop standing around! It’s time!

Give us something to let us know shit is about to go down.

Chapter Six: Leveling Up

You’ve gained enough experience that it’s time to channel that into newfound growth. Huzzah!

Send forth a track that embodies empowerment, progression, improved capability, or a willingness to take on new challenges.

Chapter Seven: I am Wounded and in Need of Healing!

You took 19 damage in that last attack. Oof. There must be some balm within reach, an allied cleric to lay hands upon you, a pool of restoration nearby. Even a handful of goodberries would do at this point.

Hand in something that brings you back to a state of wellbeing.

Chapter Eight: Attack of the Undead

The undead are those decayed beings who have been brought back to life by necromancy. These are your zombies, your ghouls, your skeletal beings, your incubi and succubi, your lich kings.

Dig up a track that was once dead to you but now has new life in your playlist.

Chapter Nine: Rolling a Natural One

You just rolled a one on a d20. You shot yourself in the crotch. You tripped whilst trying to impress a stuffy noblewoman. Your spell backfired and transformed you into me.

Stumble into a track that for you embodies intense failure, disappointment, or plain piss-poor luck.

Chapter Ten: Precious Treasure

Life as an adventurer is not without its rewards. Even with all the nicks, scars, poison, acid splashes, magic missiles, catastrophic failures, and booby traps, there’s always a trinket to adorn the mantle at the end of the day.

Unearth a hidden treasure- something that very few know about but a piece that you hold dear.

Chapter Eleven: Slaying a Dragon!

This is it: The final encounter. Whether it’s a red fire-breathing creature hoarding gold or a black acid-spitting coil of destruction, it’s time to slay the dragon.

Give us music about dragons. Your chosen tune must have the word “dragon” in the title in some form, be about dragons, be by a band with a name that includes dragons, etc.

Chapter Twelve: The Day is Saved…for Now

As the bard has sung, “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” Yes, our expedition was a success. We accomplished what we set out to do. Thank you for coming along. But what is next for you?

Finish our adventure together with a track that encapsulates what is next for you following this campaign.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Dungeons & Walruses

Post by Epignosis »

Players

1. Elohcin
2. Syn
3. Sloot
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

We already have our first participant!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 1

Post by S~V~S »

Sundays work better for me than weeknights, which is why i wound up ghosting the radio show. I fell asleep during it like every time.

I'll get on a list.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Syn »

okay
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage