Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 95
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: [D2] Leporidae Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

I'm leaving my vote where it is.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28

Re: [D2] Leporidae Mafia

Post by Syn »

Day 2 poll
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Re: [N2] Leporidae Mafia

Post by Syn »

Day 2 comes to a close...

The hawk could not believe its fortune. It assumed the rabbits would have banded together and done something, anything, to resist the predation of this insatiable bird of prey.

Instead, the rabbits, in their rough rabble, rolled into a rowdy repartee that left two particular bunnies out in the open as the sun began to fade behind the treetops.

The hawk didn't even need to try. It could freely pick between the two, the rabbits still too busy to notice the danger.

And so it did. The hawk seared down from the sky, and caught up DrWilgy, leaving the other bunny well enough alone.

DrWilgy has been eliminated. They were the Britannia Petite, and they were also a villager.

Night 2 will last 24 hours until 2:00 PM PST on Wednesday, May 22, 2024. The wolves have 23 hours to get in their night kill to me.

@Delta
@DrWilgy
@Epignosis
@fingersplints
@JaggedJimmyJay
@Lime Coke
@Long Con
@Roxy
@Sloonei

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Re: [D3] Leporidae Mafia

Post by Syn »

Day 3 approaches...

Up until now, the hawk had been eating well. Sure, that last one looked a little unusual, but it tasted pretty good. The red eyes... well... the hawk sort of just shoved those off to the side. For later.

(Not for later.)

The rabbits are more cautious now. The sun peeked through the trees in its ascent and the hawk still couldn't see a single bunny soul beginning to frolic in the fields. Had they somehow disappeared in the night? Would the hawk have to find greener pastures elsewhere? It knew its good fortune couldn't last forever. Feast or famine, and yet again, things were teetering over back into fam—

No, there was a little swaying in the grass there. More swaying... It was barely perceptible. What could possibly be moving the brush so lightly?

No matter. The hawk was hungry. It launched off of its perch, came up to speed, and targeted the shape in the grass with extreme precision.

Barely worth a meal. But a meal, nevertheless.

Long Con has been killed. They were the Netherland Dwarf, and they were also a villager.

D3 will last for 48 hours until 2:00 PM PST on Friday, May 24, 2024.

@Delta
@Epignosis
@fingersplints
@JaggedJimmyJay
@Lime Coke
@Long Con
@Roxy
@Sloonei

ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Well LC connection was actually both town but neither of us got anything done.

Annnnnnd of course I can't catch a wolf to save my life so yeah.

I probably should've just taken the death and moved on because I can't do anything positive in these games.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:47 pm Well LC connection was actually both town but neither of us got anything done.

I probably should've just taken the death and moved on because I can't do anything positive in these games.
If you're town, you've got a whole day 3 in front of you to do a positive thing. Show me the desire.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Show of hands. Is the following statement valid to you, yes or no?

If fingersplints was mafia, she would be more attentive to the game and also have a teammate pushing her into the thread to post and/or vote.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:01 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:47 pm Well LC connection was actually both town but neither of us got anything done.

If you're town, you've got a whole day 3 in front of you to do a positive thing. Show me the desire.
At this rate...don't even know what to go to or what to be looking for in order to get the correct vote.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:04 pm At this rate...don't even know what to go to or what to be looking for in order to get the correct vote.
Give my previous question a crack for starters

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:02 pm Show of hands. Is the following statement valid to you, yes or no?

If fingersplints was mafia, she would be more attentive to the game and also have a teammate pushing her into the thread to post and/or vote.
This one?

It's not a bad idea overall.

I don't think I'd try to vote her out since I just spent the last day voting out the other blue low poster.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

That's my first instinct about splints.

Confident rated at fart/10.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

My instinct is to maybe vote between Sloonei or Roxy.

More likely Sloonei because scumreading Roxy doesn't feel right at all.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I hate that Long Con as the night kill for 2 reasons.

1. It isn't me and I'm forced to continue playing like ass.

2. I need to now look at Delta although I don't want to vote the dude at all because I townread him all game and I don't wanna go back on it.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:02 pm Show of hands. Is the following statement valid to you, yes or no?

I do not know enough about what’s going on in fingersplints’ day-to-day life to answer this definitively.

I will say that I think a game like this one could be an ideal hiding place for a slanky mafioso.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:23 pm My instinct is to maybe vote between Sloonei or Roxy.

Why is Roxy a candidate at all then?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@JaggedJimmyJay why is Epi town?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I never buy stock in exit signs.

They're on the way out.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:41 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:23 pm My instinct is to maybe vote between Sloonei or Roxy.

I had a random gut read there that also gets blocked from voting there at the same time.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The team is Delta and Sloonei.

Why else would Sloonei abandon the Delta vote for Lime Coke?

The interactions between them are phony.
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:11 pm
Delta wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:03 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:08 pm
Delta wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:45 am I think Sloonei's timing to push Falcon and now myself has felt odd, but would like to pick at his reasoning for pushing me a bit more at least. Just kinda looking at his shift to Falcon yesterday to bring them tied feels sketchy, doing so again today to make me killable when I had said yesterday I would likely vote him just feels weird
What is sketchy about my vote for Falcon?

As for voting you today: I simply think the G-man kill is more likely to have come from a mafia team that features at least one of you or Lime Coke. I put no stock in any pressure that you have directed my way when casting this vote.
The timing of it - Falcon was your counterwagon as is, so you coming in and slapping on a weak reason to push him felt like poorly masked self preservation

That happening again today with pushing me when I had said I would vote you feels like it's following a similar pattern to D1
Self-preservation was about 25% of my Falcon vote. I would rather he die than me, especially when I had a weak reason to want to vote for him in a game where I had no explicit reason to vote for most other people.

And, again, I do not register any pressure coming from you and feel absolutely no reason to be concerned about any suspicion you have expressed against me. I do not say that to be dismissive or disrespectful. But A) it has been very mild, so it's not something I've given much thought to. And B) you know me the least of everybody here. I have a certain Reputation among the old school Syndicate folks. I would expect most of the others in this game to form their own opinions of my play independent of your suspicion.
"I don't have to take you seriously because you are bad."
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:18 pm Regarding the timing of my Falcon vote: Day 1 was an inconvenient time for me. I spent most of the 48 hours of the phase either out of the house or asleep. I looked at the clock and realized the phase was ending in about an hour, and I probably would not be around for the deadline. Then I looked at the votes and noticed I was a candidate in a stagnant poll. Falcon had a vote on him, and I had felt a vague twinge of suspicion against him earlier in the phase. This vague twinge of suspicion manifested itself in my snarky 1-word response to what I felt was an insincere effort to engage with me.

So I put a vote on him.
"But I answer you anyway."
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:50 pm [VOTE: lime coke] aubergine
Ten minutes before lock.

++++

This is phonei.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

That is not the correct interpretation of any of the things I said.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: delta] aubergine

To spite Epi.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:09 pm

I had a random gut read there that also gets blocked from voting there at the same time.
Do you care to articulate either side of this read?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I changed my vote to Lime Coke yesterday because my working theory was (and still is) that one of Delta/Lime Coke is mafia. As the deadline was approaching, Lime Coke was the more viable wagon of the two.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:25 pm

I wish I could.

It was like a matter of me looking at her catch up posts the other night and being like "Okay it isn't bad but also she ends up voting me in the end so maybe I'm giving too much credit for the catch up attempts and she could be taking advantage of me being a wagon?"

And the scumread has sorta lingered but hasn't really strengthened so now it's just in a non-confident state.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei, am I civilian or mafia?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:49 pm Sloonei, am I civilian or mafia?
Gun to head, civilian.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:38 pm

I wish I could.

It was like a matter of me looking at her catch up posts the other night and being like "Okay it isn't bad but also she ends up voting me in the end so maybe I'm giving too much credit for the catch up attempts and she could be taking advantage of me being a wagon?"

And the scumread has sorta lingered but hasn't really strengthened so now it's just in a non-confident state.
I am sorry, but I feel like we are getting further away from the starting point with each answer.

Your initial premise was that one of myself or Roxy would probably get your vote. In the exact same breath, you also suggested that you’re not actually interested in voting for Roxy. That leaves you with little old me as your only option. Which makes me wonder: why bring up Roxy at all?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:06 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:38 pm

I wish I could.

I am sorry, but I feel like we are getting further away from the starting point with each answer.

Your initial premise was that one of myself or Roxy would probably get your vote. In the exact same breath, you also suggested that you’re not actually interested in voting for Roxy. That leaves you with little old me as your only option. Which makes me wonder: why bring up Roxy at all?
:shrug:

I couldn't really bring anyone else up in her place.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

The only other person I could put in there is Epi only because I don't townread him.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:10 pm The only other person I could put in there is Epi only because I don't townread him.
Keep talking.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:43 pm @JaggedJimmyJay why is Epi town?
A trustfall entry would be:

- Long Con was likely correct that Epignosis is low on the likely to kill G-Man list, and by extension he'd also be low on the kill Long Con list.
- Doesn't strike me as particularly aligned with anyone; he's just kind of doing whatever his whims lead him to do in finding a solution.
- Solving efforts appear authentic.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: Delta] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Lime Coke] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't quite feel Sloonei and Delta as a team, given the former's dismissal of the latter. The first post Epi raised in the larger post a bit ago is one I read in the opposite direction, for example.

That wouldn't prevent one or the other being mafia though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:19 pm I don't quite feel Sloonei and Delta as a team, given the former's dismissal of the latter. The first post Epi raised in the larger post a bit ago is one I read in the opposite direction, for example.

How do you feel about the "would/would not kill G-Man Night 1" thing? I don't believe I've engaged with you on that.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:19 pm I don't quite feel Sloonei and Delta as a team, given the former's dismissal of the latter. The first post Epi raised in the larger post a bit ago is one I read in the opposite direction, for example.

How do you feel about the "would/would not kill G-Man Night 1" thing? I don't believe I've engaged with you on that.
I think it's a valid notion, and it may be why Long Con is taking a dirt nap. G-Man has not graced us with his presence as a player much in recent memory, so it's a rare opportunity to play with him. Certain players are more likely to value that than others. I believe that it was true of Long Con himself, and I suspect it's true of you. I recognize this situation from one or more past games (I wish I could remember which ones), where someone who serves as a lame kill was killed, and it lead to valid clearances as a result.

I said earlier that I am not sure Sloonei does it either, albeit with less confidence. Sloonei has a particular fondness for the G-Man mystique; it's something he has often voiced in the past.

If I assess who would kill G-Man, then I end up with the less long-term Syndicate players (primarily Delta and Lime Coke) and perhaps someone that G-Man had suspected.

He left us a nice summary.

Of those alive, we end up with Lime Coke, Roxy, and Sloonei in his POE group. I also think Delta stood out in this way, because G-Man was very slow to accept him as a "no vote today" player and voiced some doubt.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:27 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:21 pm

I think it's a valid notion, and it may be why Long Con is taking a dirt nap. G-Man has not graced us with his presence as a player much in recent memory, so it's a rare opportunity to play with him. Certain players are more likely to value that than others. I believe that it was true of Long Con himself, and I suspect it's true of you. I recognize this situation from one or more past games (I wish I could remember which ones), where someone who serves as a lame kill was killed, and it lead to valid clearances as a result.

I said earlier that I am not sure Sloonei does it either, albeit with less confidence. Sloonei has a particular fondness for the G-Man mystique; it's something he has often voiced in the past.

If I assess who would kill G-Man, then I end up with the less long-term Syndicate players (primarily Delta and Lime Coke) and perhaps someone that G-Man had suspected.

He left us a nice summary.

Of those alive, we end up with Lime Coke, Roxy, and Sloonei in his POE group. I also think Delta stood out in this way, because G-Man was very slow to accept him as a "no vote today" player and voiced some doubt.
Would YOU kill him?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:30 pm Would YOU kill him?
No. I don't think so. I won't say I would slam any strategic door shut, but I would need a really good reason to do that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Does Lime Coke’s treatment of Roxy look like a potential teammate paring?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Pairing, paring, pearing
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:50 pm Does Lime Coke’s treatment of Roxy look like a potential teammate paring?
It'd be pretty on-the-nose. I wouldn't hard dissociate them though. At least based on today's dialogue

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:09 pm I couldn't really bring anyone else up in her place.
Does this mean that I am actually your one and only suspect?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:03 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:09 pm I couldn't really bring anyone else up in her place.
The only vote I feel good about, yes.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:07 pm
Has that read been updated at since the start of this phase?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:14 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:07 pm
Has that read been updated at since the start of this phase?
The read on you? Idk kinda but not much. The issue is that not many others have posted so it doesn't help matters.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

The thing is that I doubt we come to like...any middle ground considering you're probably using legit thinking and I barely am doing that because I can't get out of my own head.

That being if we're both town.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:23 am The thing is that I doubt we come to like...any middle ground considering you're probably using legit thinking and I barely am doing that because I can't get out of my own head.

Do you have any town reads? And why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Delta had 57 posts on Day 1 and 19 since. He's fallen off of a cliff, largely since Long Con blew up with the G-Man kill dynamic.

I sense wind being taken out of sails.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:49 am
Lime Coke wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:23 am The thing is that I doubt we come to like...any middle ground considering you're probably using legit thinking and I barely am doing that because I can't get out of my own head.

Do you have any town reads? And why?
JJJ and Delta.

Delta for basically remaining active in solving and much like me has been at the bottom fighting upwards, though he's not just taking whatever name is thrown at him he's making preferences like not taking the LC vote when I present it.

JJJ relatively the same thing with actively solving minus fighting upwards.

Return to “Previous Hustles”