Help! Hostage Host! [WOLF WIN]

Play the current Light Game here!
- Any number of players
- Any number of non-vanilla roles
- Required day/night cycles are 72 hours (e.g. 48/24) or 48 hours (e.g. 24/24)
- Some kind of post count limitation is instilled (e.g. each player may not post more than 50 times per phase)

Moderators: Game Facilitators, Racket Host

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Help! Hostage Host! [D2]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:22 pm actually ok if you got jailkept you theoretically should know it right (this is certainly in the rules and I'm making bad on my threat to have read them)
Where do you people get those magical jailkeepers from.

Next you're gonna say you get candy when a jailkeeper targets you or something.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 81

Post by S~V~S »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:26 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:22 pm actually ok if you got jailkept you theoretically should know it right (this is certainly in the rules and I'm making bad on my threat to have read them)

Maybe "us people" have played in games with roles like that? I still have some Skittles from the last time I got jailkept.

@Scotty I had asked earlier, not that it matters to this game per se, but more out of curiousity. If you answered sorry i missed it.

Was Nooks role in the GOC a jailkeeper?

OK, I have read and reread Michelle today. I think she put up a good defense, but it still doesn't squelch her lack of towny vibe for me, I'm feeling defensiveness more than towniness, she feels almost a bit petulant to me. So I'm going to [VOTE: Michelle] aubergine again for now.

As of this vote, 1:45 Eastern, about 3.25 hours till EOD

Lily petal has 3 votes. Michelle, LC and DDL.

Jack has 2, Scotty and TSP.

Roxy has 1, Lilypetal.

(I post this mainly for me so I know where the poll was when I voted.)

If no one else is feeling a Michelle vote, and votes are tight elsewhere I might move. But I might not if the wagons stay as they are now.

But I would rather not vote for Lily, it's maybe not the winningest thing, but it's a nicety i like. I disagree with her on Roxy, so not voting there. I am conflicted on Jack; he sounds mostly towny to me, and last time we played we were t/t and I grossly misunderstood him and tunnelled the thread into yeeting him, so I'm not sure how my gut reads him, if that makes sense. But tbh I don't feel strongly enough about any of the three to try and save them, and I know my courtesy stuff isn't popular lol

So I'll be in and out and will definitely be here for the last hour, if on phone.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Actually, I don't think I've been jailkept (or Neighborized) in a super super long time. Years and years.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

S~V~S wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:10 am Being the loudest voice in the thread is not a great idea for an SK in general, more so here, and i know Scotty knows how to fade back in a towny looking way. Be a memorable thread presence without being a thread leader, I saw him do it in Lasso.

So even if he is the loudest voice in the thread, he's also not tunnelling anyone. Not even you, who he's voted for twice now. I don't see why the baddies would be targeting him, unless they were YOU, and I seriously doubt you would be that obvious. Also if you were the baddie who tried to kill him I doubt you would float this ^^ either. So this post bumps you up for me.

So yeah, this is possible, but it isn't a foregone conclusion. I won't be voting on him based on it. Every night just post the most innocuous message, "No one died" "Everyone died" etc. Everyone claim Vanilla. I plan to worry about SSK when and if they manage to kill someone, and who that someone is. Until then, I'm hunting baddies.

And I would expect Scotty to continue doing the same.
But that's exactly what I mean. Scotty is acting like the serial killer. The serial killer must not get yeeted and wait for town to claim or be obvious from their messages. That is their only goal. Seem too townie? They draw the mafia nk and that doesn't matter to them because they don't care if they lose their vest 99 times out of 100 and they don't care if the wolves miss their kill because the chances of winning via parity vs just getting two kills in.

So Scotty is not actually pushing anyone but me, a known skilled wolfplayer and difficult to misyeet townplayer and his push on me is limp and unthreatening. He's not in danger of wolfJack or wolfanybody feeling threatened and killing him. He's not in danger of misyeeting me and looking bad for it. It's treading water. Scotty didn't get nked because wolves felt threatened. He got nked because much of the playerbase was inactive and like five ppl went "Yeah, Scotty is townie," which is well more than anybody else. Pretty sure every other active player besides Scotty and DDL got some kind of suspicion leveled against them and since this game is based on the idea that DDL is playing mafia for the first time in forever, I don't think the wolves shoot DDL N1. Ergo, they shoot Scotty.

I realize I'm arguing that Scotty got nked for being townie and is not town for not being townie at the same time but you gotta look at the nuance.

Anyway, enough of that because I wanna yeet a wolf and I've spent too much time looking at a player I don't want to yeet.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:55 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:10 am Being the loudest voice in the thread is not a great idea for an SK in general, more so here, and i know Scotty knows how to fade back in a towny looking way. Be a memorable thread presence without being a thread leader, I saw him do it in Lasso.

So even if he is the loudest voice in the thread, he's also not tunnelling anyone. Not even you, who he's voted for twice now. I don't see why the baddies would be targeting him, unless they were YOU, and I seriously doubt you would be that obvious. Also if you were the baddie who tried to kill him I doubt you would float this ^^ either. So this post bumps you up for me.

So yeah, this is possible, but it isn't a foregone conclusion. I won't be voting on him based on it. Every night just post the most innocuous message, "No one died" "Everyone died" etc. Everyone claim Vanilla. I plan to worry about SSK when and if they manage to kill someone, and who that someone is. Until then, I'm hunting baddies.

And I would expect Scotty to continue doing the same.
But that's exactly what I mean. Scotty is acting like the serial killer. The serial killer must not get yeeted and wait for town to claim or be obvious from their messages. That is their only goal. Seem too townie? They draw the mafia nk and that doesn't matter to them because they don't care if they lose their vest 99 times out of 100 and they don't care if the wolves miss their kill because the chances of winning via parity vs just getting two kills in.

So Scotty is not actually pushing anyone but me, a known skilled wolfplayer and difficult to misyeet townplayer and his push on me is limp and unthreatening. He's not in danger of wolfJack or wolfanybody feeling threatened and killing him. He's not in danger of misyeeting me and looking bad for it. It's treading water. Scotty didn't get nked because wolves felt threatened. He got nked because much of the playerbase was inactive and like five ppl went "Yeah, Scotty is townie," which is well more than anybody else. Pretty sure every other active player besides Scotty and DDL got some kind of suspicion leveled against them and since this game is based on the idea that DDL is playing mafia for the first time in forever, I don't think the wolves shoot DDL N1. Ergo, they shoot Scotty.

I realize I'm arguing that Scotty got nked for being townie and is not town for not being townie at the same time but you gotta look at the nuance.

Anyway, enough of that because I wanna yeet a wolf and I've spent too much time looking at a player I don't want to yeet.
This post is great and I almost want to vote Scot for it.

Though the caveat is that if this is wrong, he's very likely to be town, so maybe later.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

S~V~S wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:29 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:19 pm Gonna get host clarification on if the sk winning means they leave the game or they end the game.

If they leave, it’s arguably not worth yeeting them. If they win, we absolutely must.
I just double checked and town win cons are
9 Civs - Find the threats to town and remove them. You win once all non civilians are removed from the game.

so we have to worry about them at some point. I have never seen a game where, if the 3P meets their win con the game just ends (except maybe joker games). Is this a thing that is done?

Although this does pertain to your other question, it says "removed" NOT the more traditional "eliminated", but I looked at his other games and "removed" seems to be the language Wilgy uses.
hmmyes.emoji
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@Jackofhearts2005 Yeah, I know that, I talked myself in and out of it with that post :shrug:

But like I said, Scotty knows how to fade back and he didn't even try here. So I'm more inclined to think he's just town, and we move on and see what happens.

But agreed, it's an interesting discussion but it isn't really getting us anywhere on Day 2.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:31 am Porscha is also VERY off my thoughts in this game and that annoys me too. She is not really playing.
What means this?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@sig

Where are you?? I took some flak for you yesterday, and I would like to see you represent a bit more!
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:05 pm someone said "Jack had towny vibes. I didn't really sense any agenda in his posting, felt fairly fluid. " while I was reading so I'm voting jack until further notice
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:05 pm that said wolf jack is pretty agenda-y
wowee
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Fwiw, I'm on the same page as you wrt how jks work.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I was hoping for more like content and stuff, particularly in terms of why people are voting for Lily, which I don't really get.

Anyway, [VOTE: Michelle] aubergine. This is still a wolf. Should have stayed the course D1.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:03 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:31 am Porscha is also VERY off my thoughts in this game and that annoys me too. She is not really playing.
What means this?
Means I have no opinion on her whatsoever.

And that is because she is mostly absent, and when she is around, her activity amounts to nothing.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:13 pm
What means this?

And that is because she is mostly absent, and when she is around, her activity amounts to nothing.
You're not wrong. But that kinda goes for a lot of players besides just Porscha. :shrug2:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:15 pm
What means this?

You're not wrong. But that kinda goes for a lot of players besides just Porscha. :shrug2:
Gth, I'd probably order them like

Sig
TSP
LC
Porscha

Idk how much of that is like "Porscha is actually the least memorable of the kinda playing players" and how much of this is like "I'm least chummy with Porscha so her words least stick in my brain."
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

What means this?

I mean I've been throwing dirt on a lot of players. There's dirt for everyone.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:18 pm
What means this?

Gth, I'd probably order them like

Sig
TSP
LC
Porscha

Idk how much of that is like "Porscha is actually the least memorable of the kinda playing players" and how much of this is like "I'm least chummy with Porscha so her words least stick in my brain."
Sig was pretty active day 1 though he vanished without a trace today.

LC I guess is similar to Porscha. Though he has made more posts recently so I guess recency bias favors him a bit.

TSP is just an entire different animal in the sense that he was modkill material until an hour ago, then just went and said some stuff, so I'm still trying to put my finger on him.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

The first Adams Family animated movie is highly underrated. Lurch singing REM's Everybody Hurts is really funny.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Is Porscha less misyeet bait than Sig, Falcon and Tony or does she just rand mafia way more than them? I feel like I don't have the same "Careful not to misyeet X" feeling wrt Porscha that I do for Sig.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I dunno Sig was the king of misyeets back in my mafia golden days. Porscha is one of those new kids I don't have experience with, who joined when I was leaving.

(yes I'm aware she has tons of experience in other sites just let me have my comparison)
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I already said I do t think there are any
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Not to use old meta but if Porscha isn’t posting it’s a worse sign as base rate
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sig is rand bait in his games, maybe leans town on early chops over base rate, Falcon is tricky
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

woah splints is in this game
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Not for much longer, looks like
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm not paid to do math on sundays. :doh:
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:18 am
Michelle wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:14 am Why is 'skip to fit a narrative'?
Why cannot be (i said I didn't read the thread) the fact I completely missed those posts?

My read on you is town、when I mentioned 'tinfoil' this should be obvious.
I said I was paraphrasing Scotty. Then you quoted the post I was not paraphrasing. Then I corrected you, showed you the right post. Then you ignored my answer and kept saying I'm lying about paraphrasing Scotty. Just one example.

This isn't arguing in good faith.
Please don't forget I am Esl. None of your posts looked like a paraphrase to me. There's no bad faith, it's just a different Pov.

i am very tired, I was today at a puppy yoga class, imagine 15 fuff balls sharing love with people trying to keep their yoga poses. One of the most relaxing moments ever

I see TSP posted, I will read asap
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:12 pm I was hoping for more like content and stuff, particularly in terms of why people are voting for Lily, which I don't really get.

Anyway, [VOTE: Michelle] aubergine. This is still a wolf. Should have stayed the course D1.
Why you don't get the suspicion on Lily?
I explained it pretty well.

The result of D1 would be a dead townie anyway

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Vote: michelle
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Michelle wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:18 pm
Please don't forget I am Esl. None of your posts looked like a paraphrase to me. There's no bad faith, it's just a different Pov.
No, that's not it.

I'm going to repeat again what happened, because you continue to pretend something else happened.

1- Scotty said this:
Scotty wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:35 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:39 am
Michelle wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:37 am Actually I decided to self press. Since I couldn't sleep because I was frustrated because mischopped is a thing I really dislike, I took the opportunity to vote Falcon who had such a weird vote on me without anything else AI itg.

I know I can solve and help town only if I am alive.
I didn't even think that he could be the cop smh.
You seem to be flip-flopping weirdly between having voted facon for self-press and actually coming up with a reason for it. Not sure if I dig it.
mmm I do agree with this. Two different angles in the same breath, like she can’t make up her mind on what sounds the most defensible so she just says both
2- I commented with this:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:23 am It's like Scotty said, feels like you are throwing every excuse on the wall at once to see what sticks.
I'm pretty sure #2 says about the same thing as #1. Which you are free to disagree with.

3- But what instead happened was this exchange:
Michelle wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:39 am He didn't say that though
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:49 am It's called paraphrasing.
Michelle wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:00 am So what he said is translated in what you said?
Scotty wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:09 am
Michelle wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:48 am
Michelle wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:40 am
Michelle wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:37 am Actually I decided to self press. Since I couldn't sleep because I was frustrated because mischopped is a thing I really dislike, I took the opportunity to vote Falcon who had such a weird vote on me without anything else AI itg.

You seem to be flip-flopping weirdly between having voted facon for self-press and actually coming up with a reason for it. Not sure if I dig it.
They are both things that passed through my mind at Eod. What's there to dig?
I wanted to stay away from the game at one moment.
The feeling of 'fuck it, why should I cry for it?' vanished after a while and I was curious to see what everyone says, since I stayed counting sheeps on the ceiling (imaginary, of course) and I still have that joy to solve the game that made me play it for more than 5 years, and I didn't want to vote Jack because of dead air dead villager state of game.

Now explain me why flip flopping is bad/wolfy

It can go both ways for sure
I don’t know if I would consider this flip flopping in context. It’s revisionist in the same paragraph. But both can exist, I suppose
Not quite
It's like Scotty said, feels like you are throwing every excuse on the wall at once to see what sticks.
You quoted the wrong post from Scotty to argue that you disagreed with my paraphrasing.

4- I corrected you here:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:47 pm Not that post. This post:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:39 am You seem to be flip-flopping weirdly between having voted facon for self-press and actually coming up with a reason for it. Not sure if I dig it.
mmm I do agree with this. Two different angles in the same breath, like she can’t make up her mind on what sounds the most defensible so she just says both
I'm pretty sure the two sentences have the same meaning, yes.

What is the point of this argument, anyway? It's one thing to discuss on whether flip-flopping makes you scummy, but now you are nitpicking whether my usage of "paraphrasing" applies or not. This is a waste of time.

And it's only making you feel more manipulative to me since you are skipping posts that don't contribute to your nitpicking, while trying to make me look bad for something unrelated to the game.
But you then ignored the post I made at #4, and next I check...

5- You are addressing other people, to throw dirt at me.
Michelle wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:25 am I don't know about the self press. I don't like how DDL tried to misinterpret my posts, taking what Scotty said and stretching it to another meaning (for me, at least, that was not paraphrasing, however as ESL I can't be 100% sure about that
That, Michelle, is what I'm calling a bad faith argument.

6- But it doesn't stop here. Because when I call it out, you reply with:

Why cannot be (i said I didn't read the thread) the fact I completely missed those posts?
Basically, you claim you didn't read the post. Which is believable, and part of the reason I changed my vote later.

7- But now, perhaps because the wagon is still on you, you come up with a new defense.
"Sorry, bad English". Which doesn't make sense, because the issue wasn't that you had misunderstood my post, it was that you had skipped it altogether but continued to talk shit to me to other people. And ironically, it's just another instance oif you throwing multiple defenses to the same thing on the wall just to see what sticks.

I'm tired of this.

[VOTE: Michelle] aubergine
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Michelle wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:44 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:12 pm I was hoping for more like content and stuff, particularly in terms of why people are voting for Lily, which I don't really get.

And how, exactly, do you KNOW that? Jack was in danger too. You are claiming you know he is a townie? :shifty:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:51 pm woah splints is in this game
fingersplints was replaced by LilyPetal, and her votes on the poll are for Lily.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:55 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:44 pm

And how, exactly, do you KNOW that? Jack was in danger too. You are claiming you know he is a townie? :shifty:
Yeah ok disregard this post, I misread as you referring to the wagon as a whole being townie when you just meant yourself. :fist:
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Porscha »

Scotty wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:22 am Also I got confirmation that NKs are not mandatory so that’s cool. Could be possible with the 4 people that didn’t submit messages. By the looks of it, LC didn’t submit a message since he found a gold plate in Salt Lake City and it said ‘SVS has been killed’

LC seems to not know what game we’re playing which is certainly bizarre. I’m not sure wolf LC makes this dumbtell. But I also think town LC reads the OP.
I have a theory but it's kind of far fetched so i'll hold it lol

also catching up btw trying to zoom
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Porscha wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:32 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:22 am Also I got confirmation that NKs are not mandatory so that’s cool. Could be possible with the 4 people that didn’t submit messages. By the looks of it, LC didn’t submit a message since he found a gold plate in Salt Lake City and it said ‘SVS has been killed’

LC seems to not know what game we’re playing which is certainly bizarre. I’m not sure wolf LC makes this dumbtell. But I also think town LC reads the OP.
I have a theory but it's kind of far fetched so i'll hold it lol

also catching up btw trying to zoom
Gimmie the far fetched theory.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Roxy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:06 pm Image

Wtaf? I'm not sure if there is any reason I would find acceptable for those that followed *MY* D1 vanity vote.

It's bs. Straight up.

@Lilypetal if you find me bad *again* by all means go for it. But we both know you are wrong.
It's so easy to come in after the vote in which you never voted or posted. Judge me by a normal d 1 occurrence that I have done literally 1000's of times.

Yah you have my full attention especially since there was zero reasons given. lol
lol help? why is this such a strong backlash to the person who called you out on something that doesnt make you look towny (regardless of whether you are or not, you have to admit it doesn't make you look *good*) and then also deflecting onto the people who followed you lol

hey, you guys wouldn't follow me off a cliff would you??? that makes YOU the bozos! not me, who went off the cliff first, of course xd
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Long Con wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:11 pm @S~V~S I think you're Town this time. Don't let that make you suspicious of me, though.
weird post but ok lol
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Long Con wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:11 pm @S~V~S I think you're Town this time. Don't let that make you suspicious of me, though.
weird post but ok lol
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

Is eod just dead
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

help there aren't even bots in the thread and the site is breaking
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Lilypetal wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:41 pm Is eod just dead
I'm here, just have nothing else to add rn.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Scotty wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:32 pm
Michelle wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:00 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:49 am
Michelle wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:38 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:34 am
S~V~S wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:58 am Also "new civvie corpse"? I am not sure what your meaning is here?
Some slowpokes are believing the post that says you are a dead vig.

Not sure if slowpokes or fake dumb tells tho.
I would be the corpse if she is a vig, what are you talking about?
Read the posts, please. A bunch of people didn't understand the host post.

Also dramatic much? Why are you so sure a vig Svs would have taken you down?

Because she said so?
Michelle wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:39 am
He didn't say that though
It's called paraphrasing.
So what he said is translated in what you said?

The feeling of 'fuck it, why should I cry for it?' vanished after a while and I was curious to see what everyone says, since I stayed counting sheeps on the ceiling (imaginary, of course) and I still have that joy to solve the game that made me play it for more than 5 years, and I didn't want to vote Jack because of dead air dead villager state of game.

I don’t know if I would consider this flip flopping in context. It’s revisionist in the same paragraph. But both can exist, I suppose
Not quite
It's like Scotty said, feels like you are throwing every excuse on the wall at once to see what sticks.
Yeah I think DDL is misconstruing my takeaway

I’m actively playing a behavioral psychologist to determine motivations for your reasoning and while I can see how you could be using multiple reasoning, I can also see how your meaning could also be better described as ‘I was self pressing AND of the people that I could have voted for, falcon was the one I found less settling’

I don’t know that I even suspect Michelle based on this

But I do see SVS and DDL do find it suspicious which I am noting
yeah I didn't find michelle's response that hard to understand, it seems like "well I had to self pres and between who I could choose from, I went with falcon cuz of his vote on me"

which I mean, any good wolf could say / do

but I dont get why it seems hard to understand or would be considered waffling

I honestly feel like michelle is townier here than in avengers where I was lightly suspecting her, I don't really get the scumreads on her that much. seems like weird meta conversation again, which I thought we were done with after day 1
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

This eod needs one or two anxious players changing their votes every two minutes and people randomly cutting each other in a linki fest to feel like the old times.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

For the record I neither know nor care about Michelle's meta.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

I mean Michelle is dying so not the worst eod but eh
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

But I feel like if she flips wolf that means the wolves just don't rly care lol
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:47 pm
Michelle wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:00 am
Michelle wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:39 am
He didn't say that though
It's called paraphrasing.
So what he said is translated in what you said?

Not quite
Not that post. This post:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:39 am You seem to be flip-flopping weirdly between having voted facon for self-press and actually coming up with a reason for it. Not sure if I dig it.

What is the point of this argument, anyway? It's one thing to discuss on whether flip-flopping makes you scummy, but now you are nitpicking whether my usage of "paraphrasing" applies or not. This is a waste of time.

And it's only making you feel more manipulative to me since you are skipping posts that don't contribute to your nitpicking, while trying to make me look bad for something unrelated to the game.
tbf, using wilgy agreeing with what you said to then use against someone like "well scotty said x" yes but scotty said it after already agreeing with you, so it feels like you're just ganging up on michelle by throwing around the opinion of someone who is mostly townread as a threat

this all feels really nitpicky, at best its unproductive at worst you're using the "town leader" to throw around power instead of your own power
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:42 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:41 pm Is eod just dead
I'm here, just have nothing else to add rn.
boooooooo

(under normal circumstances where people existed during eod I would scumread you for it but honestly this situation is pretty pathetic and i'm the only new posts really so lol)
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

look forward to any responses to me !
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:52 pm
No, that's not it.

I'm going to repeat again what happened, because you continue to pretend something else happened.

1- Scotty said this:

2- I commented with this:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:23 am It's like Scotty said, feels like you are throwing every excuse on the wall at once to see what sticks.
I'm pretty sure #2 says about the same thing as #1. Which you are free to disagree with.

3- But what instead happened was this exchange:
Michelle wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:39 am He didn't say that though
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:49 am It's called paraphrasing.
Michelle wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:00 am So what he said is translated in what you said?

Not quite
You quoted the wrong post from Scotty to argue that you disagreed with my paraphrasing.

4- I corrected you here:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:47 pm Not that post. This post:

But you then ignored the post I made at #4, and next I check...

5- You are addressing other people, to throw dirt at me.
Michelle wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:25 am I don't know about the self press. I don't like how DDL tried to misinterpret my posts, taking what Scotty said and stretching it to another meaning (for me, at least, that was not paraphrasing, however as ESL I can't be 100% sure about that
That, Michelle, is what I'm calling a bad faith argument.

6- But it doesn't stop here. Because when I call it out, you reply with:

Basically, you claim you didn't read the post. Which is believable, and part of the reason I changed my vote later.

7- But now, perhaps because the wagon is still on you, you come up with a new defense.
"Sorry, bad English". Which doesn't make sense, because the issue wasn't that you had misunderstood my post, it was that you had skipped it altogether but continued to talk shit to me to other people. And ironically, it's just another instance oif you throwing multiple defenses to the same thing on the wall just to see what sticks.

I'm tired of this.

[VOTE: Michelle] aubergine
I fell asleep.

I will not even read it
Go on and good luck.

You really don't have a sense of when you stop.

Return to “The Racket”