thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 352

Re: [Day 4]: Film Directors.

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
thellama73 wrote:3. I have seen her baddie game and it is dangerous.
Can you tell us more about it? I have not had the (mis?)fortune of ever witnessing Bloopie's baddie game.
I had BTSC with her recently. Her game is dangerous because she is completely convincing and leaves no clues that she is bad. So this resembles it in that she hasn't really given anybody (except for me! Perceptive.) a reason to suspect her.
This is the vaguest criteria I've ever seen.
Turnip Head wrote:Dom, are you here? What are you thinking?

linki: Llama what do you think of those two Bloop posts I quoted?
My laptop died in the library with no power cord with me. :/

I don't know who I would have voted for tbh. Sorry to see Blooper flip the way she did. TBH I found her Canuck suspicion suspect. IDK. Sorry to see you go!

Llama is making me think he's bad tbh.
Vaguer than all the reasons/non-reasons given by the other voters? Vaguer than the reasons given by all the people who didn't vote at all? The double standard is getting tiresome.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

You'll also note if you read my posts that what you quoted was only 1/3 of my reason.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DFaraday »

I really thought this poll ended like 2 hours later! I'm sorry hostess!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Dom »

Well, you know, we can't lynch you. None of us mere heathens can play mafia without our great Atlas holding the thread up.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I advise people interested in baddie hunting to read over the last day and observe how obsessed everyone was with soliciting my opinion when I had already stated I didn't want to make cases.

A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by A Person »

I've yet to see Birdman or Boyhood, but I thought Budapest was particularly good. I won't vote though as I've not seen anything apart from it.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

thellama73 wrote:I advise people interested in baddie hunting to read over the last day and observe how obsessed everyone was with soliciting my opinion when I had already stated I didn't want to make cases.
*obsessed*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 205
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

A Person wrote:I've yet to see Birdman or Boyhood, but I thought Budapest was particularly good. I won't vote though as I've not seen anything apart from it.
Aww, you could though.

Whiplash was also quite compelling.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Mongoose wrote:
A Person wrote:I've yet to see Birdman or Boyhood, but I thought Budapest was particularly good. I won't vote though as I've not seen anything apart from it.
Aww, you could though.

Whiplash was also quite compelling.
Yeah, I wanna watch Whiplash too.

I guess I'll vote for GBH since i'm not going to see them all before the poll ends.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 366
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

RIP Bloopers

I have not seen any of the movies listed, nor do I plan on seeing any of them. Sorry to disappoint, Alison. :(

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 228

Post by Canucklehead »

Awwww, shit.

I'm sorry that I suck at this game, Ninjajujube.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61

Post by timmer »

Sorry for missing the vote, and a good chunk of the game, I kind of raged out of the other game and walked away from mafia for a bit. I'll catch up when I can.
My siggie.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 278

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I advise people interested in baddie hunting to read over the last day and observe how obsessed everyone was with soliciting my opinion when I had already stated I didn't want to make cases.
*obsessed*
lol
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That sucks BTW Blooper. I appreciate your help the other day.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:Why are people so interested in my suspicion? I am always wrong. Ask about Black Rock's suspicion.
I asked because you were the one pushing Blooper. And then none of us took your opinion yet she was lynched anyhow.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Never mind, I was half asleep. I got Almodovar mixed up with Bergman.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Why are people so interested in my suspicion? I am always wrong. Ask about Black Rock's suspicion.
I asked because you were the one pushing Blooper. And then none of us took your opinion yet she was lynched anyhow.
I wasn't pushing Blooper. That's my whole point. Someone asked for my reads on various players, and I said I thought she was bad. Then I said I was going to vote for her, but that I wasn't confident enough to try to convince others to do so. How is that "pushing"? I didn't push anymore than anyone else, yet I was the one whose opinion everyone seemed most interested in. I don't believe this is becaue they think I am a good baddie hunter, because I am manifestly not.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Earlier in the day, though, you said something to someone, maybe Canuck? Kinda trying to cajole them into a Bloop vote.

Have any ideas on how she was lynched as opposed to the person with the most votes?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 322

Post by Ricochet »

RIP Blooper. :( I'm sorry I missed the vote. I guess staying late the past days (mafia-related or not) had its effect, because I detached from the game after making my summary, watched a movie and fell asleep to it.

Seems like another power or prize power decided the outcome of the lynch, despite the tally. But the poll was tight as hell and not all votes were fully committed, so there's much to analyze.

Contrary to Llama, I think the Best Picture crop is pretty deplorable. Birdman and GBH have no chance to win it, but they're also not my idea of a Best Picture. But I guess I'll go with Birdman, simply as a preference. Boyhood took 12 years to make, though, so... (amirite AP?).

I have one week left to finish writing a project for a workshop application and so far I've done very poorly at concentrating on that and playing Mafia at the same time. So I'm quite pleased the following Nights and Days will be extended to 48/72 and my presence here may be more infrequent during this period.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Llama: I'm not making any cases anymore because only I play Mafia!!

Thread: ok

Llama: Lynch Blooper.

Thread: why

Llama: I DON'T MAKE CASES

Thread: *lynches blooper*

Llama: Why are you all so obsessed with me?!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Earlier in the day, though, you said something to someone, maybe Canuck? Kinda trying to cajole them into a Bloop vote.

Have any ideas on how she was lynched as opposed to the person with the most votes?
Yes, I know how.

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

It's kind of freeing, actually, to not be part of "everyone". I'm outside reality.

Now if Canuck or Llama are bad, then we have a problem. I may just start voting for inactives at this point, whoever they might be.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:It's kind of freeing, actually, to not be part of "everyone". I'm outside reality.

Now if Canuck or Llama are bad, then we have a problem. I may just start voting for inactives at this point, whoever they might be.
There are a lot of inactives, and it is especially worrying since night kills are apparently being sent in.

A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Ricochet wrote:Boyhood took 12 years to make, though, so... (amirite AP?).[/ot]
Boyhood: It Took 12 Years to Make. Boyhood. Did you know it took 12 years to make?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:It's kind of freeing, actually, to not be part of "everyone". I'm outside reality.

There are a lot of inactives, and it is especially worrying since night kills are apparently being sent in.
why
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

why
Why is it worrying? Because it means there are only a few civs actually trying to kill baddies, with the rest being inactive. Once the active civs are killed off, the baddies can coast to victory. Whenever the bad team is more active than the good team, it's cause for concern.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:
Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

why
Why is it worrying? Because it means there are only a few civs actually trying to kill baddies, with the rest being inactive. Once the active civs are killed off, the baddies can coast to victory. Whenever the bad team is more active than the good team, it's cause for concern.
That is, when the good team is not good at finding the baddies.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

thellama73 wrote:
Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

why
That is, if we don't lynch the baddies... of which you are one.

So.... :omg:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 366
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

why

Why do you think llama is bad?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm kind of interested in that answer myself, MM.

Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Llama - if weren't sure about Ni and did not want people to follow you then why voice the suspicion and vote early? I am so glad to know that you are the only one trying to hunt baddies.
You have also vouched for 2 players more than once - Made and DFaraday. I was wondering why can so strongly vouch for 2 people so early in the game?

I think you are the reason the lynch went the way it did yesterday. I am asking you to reread my posts with an open mind - your original accusation of me is bc I was saving Vomps - which in a way I guess I was - but then went to I was WEIRD all capitalized like that. So what is weird?
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Roxy wrote:Llama - if weren't sure about Ni and did not want people to follow you then why voice the suspicion and vote early? I am so glad to know that you are the only one trying to hunt baddies.
You have also vouched for 2 players more than once - Made and DFaraday. I was wondering why can so strongly vouch for 2 people so early in the game?

I think you are the reason the lynch went the way it did yesterday. I am asking you to reread my posts with an open mind - your original accusation of me is bc I was saving Vomps - which in a way I guess I was - but then went to I was WEIRD all capitalized like that. So what is weird?
I no longer really think you are bad, but i am very confused about the standard that has been set for me. If I voice any suspicions or cast a vote, I am leading a lynch? If I say I don't think someone is bad, I am "vouching for them"? Why aren't other people's opinions held up to this same standard?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I also haven't seen any of those movies.

Yeah, Llama, you're all polarized. What did you do to get there? Is it good there?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

It's not that I "trust"Made and Dfaraday so much. I don't trust anyone. But I have reread both of them and nothing stands out at me as suspicious. They seem be behaving like I would expect the to behave as civvies. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful than that, but I simply do not see the case on Made.

Then again, we have all seen how good I am at sniffing out baddies, so I could easily be wrong. :shrug:

Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Black Rock »

Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

why

I thought you said that you think Llama is civvie?
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Told you :P But admirable baddie hunting, my friend. Go Civs!

I have seen not a one of these films. I probably should? Maybe?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Hostess forgot to switch the title from Day to Night again.
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 11

Post by zeek »

I have seen all of the Best Picture contenders now, except Selma and Whiplash. Birdman was the best in my opinion, but I think Boyhood will win. It's a good film, not great IMO, but the Academy likes to reward this type of film.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 124
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

huh...permission to strong arm this game and lead a lynch on someone? I mean, I know my own alignment, so i might be kinda good at it.

also, I'm kinda just asking permission as a formality, I'm pretty sure I know where my vote is going tomorrow....
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

thellama73 wrote:Sudden extremity is my middle name. :mafia:

Do you not believe that Blooper is bad, or do you not believe I believe she's bad?

Looking back at this, I'm kinda agreeing with MM, which is rare for me....I get voicing your own opinion, and I'd expect nothing less from you but to have a strong opinion in any direction, However, I'd expect further looks at SVS and Roxy from you before I'd expect a Ninjabloop vote. I hate looking at every lynch as if it were a save, but this seems very unlikely to me. Going to further read Llama for the time being, to see if I can understand his reasoning.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And why would be still be looking at me, Made?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

*he
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

S~V~S wrote:And why would he still be looking at me, Made?
You're right, logically, he would of dropped the case as his reason for thinking you or roxy were mafia was chained directly to Vomp right? Once Vomp died, Llama should have no opinions of you or Roxy, and his cases against you and Roxy should of dissolved. But they didn't, not truly anyways. There are very many points independent of Vomp that suddently Llama has forgotten in favor of a Ninja Bloop vote.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 28#p110728
thellama73 wrote:SVS hasn't really brought me up as a suspect before. Now she doesn't trust me. She knows I am on her trail and she is scared. Watch for me to be the mindless bandwagon alternative to Vomps tomorrow.
thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Btw llama, what are your thoughts on Roxy? Does she usually just post thoughts about players without addressing actual game content?
Damn straight I'm going to vote Vomps tomorrow. SVS or Roxy or both are desperate to see absolutely anybody but him lynched. What better reason to lynch him is there than that?

My suspicions go:
1. Vomps
2. Roxy
3. SVS

SVS is only below Roxy because I think she mostly sounds sincere, and I have a hard time believing she is playing the most blatant baddie game ever rather than just being a victim of bad luck, but the vote record looks VERY bad for her. Roxy has been wiffle waffly and non-committal, barely brought up suspicion of MP before this lynch, and her voting record is as bad as SVS'. I don't trust her one bit.
Arguments against Blooper?
thellama73 wrote:After a game of silence, you've gotten awfully chatty now that I asked people to lynch you, Blooper. Awfully chatty indeed.
Which If i'm correct He's said early this game to someone else.....
thellama73 wrote: Vompatti - I still think his level of participation so far is unusual and I don't trust him. He might well get my vote today.
But what do you I know?
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

what do I know*
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

I think the funniest part of this Is Llama isn't even the person I plan to gun after...
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Made wrote:huh...permission to strong arm this game and lead a lynch on someone? I mean, I know my own alignment, so i might be kinda good at it.

also, I'm kinda just asking permission as a formality, I'm pretty sure I know where my vote is going tomorrow....
What do you mean? It's the night phase until tomorrow. :confused:
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Ricochet wrote:
Made wrote:huh...permission to strong arm this game and lead a lynch on someone? I mean, I know my own alignment, so i might be kinda good at it.

What??? Shouldn't the day start tonight and end Monday or something because of the need for a long day 5?
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Mongoose wrote:
It is now Night 4. You have 48 hours to submit your PMs (notice extended time).

oh
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Why do you think llama is bad?[/quote]
I don't make cases. Why are you obsessed with my opinion!!?!?!?

Black Rock wrote:
I thought you said that you think Llama is civvie?
I didn't say that, BR. I said that I think the Llama/Roxy conflict was either civ v civ or bad v civ (and I believed that Llama would be the baddie here).
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote:

I say this all the time, in terms of "Mafia tomorrow" like the next day phase. Although apparently Made missed the extension.

Return to “Previous Jobs”