That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: The Donner Party - Day 2

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm totally OK with voting Rico. I think the Epi connection is very possible and Rico's recent posts have struck me as too much form, not enough substance.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I also don't trust LC one bit myself.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 153

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm totally OK with voting Rico. I think the Epi connection is very possible and Rico's recent posts have struck me as too much form, not enough substance.
Not sure what you mean by that. But I do like that simplistic, on the spot verdicts (and votes) keep pouring in, no matter how much I argue against or invite to specific discussions,
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 175

Post by thellama73 »

What the heck? Rico had the poll results this whole and didn't say anything about them, even though everyone was asking? That's the shiftiest thing I've ever seen.

Sorry man, I know you feel picked on, but you've got my vote.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm totally OK with voting Rico. I think the Epi connection is very possible and Rico's recent posts have struck me as too much form, not enough substance.
Not sure what you mean by that. But I do like that simplistic, on the spot verdicts (and votes) keep pouring in, no matter how much I argue against or invite to specific discussions,
Well, it's not really so much that -- I won't say anything about Film since that game is still ongoing -- but your posts in this game, particularly your most recent cycle's, are just reading differently to me. You don't seem as baddie hunt-y, though that could be partially because you're spending time defending yourself, so I recognize that.

I do think it's weird you also withheld the poll results after you said "Yes" and people kept asking for them, but I don't know if that has an effect on your alignment.

I'd also be fine voting Russ today, but it seems the wind is blowing more in your direction, and probably for better reasons. Frankly, you're not overtly baddie-seeming to me, but you seem more likely to be bad at this point than practically anyone else, so hence my sentiment.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Who was asking?
Roxy was clear. Track the polls yourselves. I did. Did you? If yes, why didn't you post anything?

Way to spin that on me.

@MP: I didn't notice anyone asking for them after answering that question. Yes, it slipped my mind to actually post the screenshot.

I did my part of hunting on D1 and I think that's clearly visible. Right now, I'm a bit busy defending myself, yes.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 168

Re: The Donner Party - Night 1

Post by Zombarella »

Ricochet wrote:
Zomberella12 wrote:Did anyone take a snapshot of the poll before it closed?
Yes.
This is where a civie would have posted the poll results. I didn't outright ask you to do it, but now I'm kinda glad I didn't because perhaps it gave you a chance to show your true colors?
:zombie: Zomba wants to eat Rico now.
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Post by fingersplints »

I think both SVS and LC are playing their civvie game, but they have both fooled me before. I don't feel comfortable voting either.

Rico is bothering me still. He said something along the lines of people are saying that is what Epi would do but is it what he/she would do (sorry not sure m/f and on phone so hard to go back and find quote) but Epi doesn't strike me as the type to wait for permission from a teammate. so I don't believe that defense.

There are a couple of others I'm not feeling great about. but it's more of vibes things now and nothing substantial
Gro-oo-ovy
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

fingersplints wrote:I think both SVS and LC are playing their civvie game, but they have both fooled me before. I don't feel comfortable voting either.

Rico is bothering me still. He said something along the lines of people are saying that is what Epi would do but is it what he/she would do (sorry not sure m/f and on phone so hard to go back and find quote) but Epi doesn't strike me as the type to wait for permission from a teammate. so I don't believe that defense.

There are a couple of others I'm not feeling great about. but it's more of vibes things now and nothing substantial
What permission? People were talking about that being the strategy Epig and me might have come up with, conducted mostly by Epig, to which I asked why do people think Epig would have conducted such a potentially disastrous tactic.

And you are pinning on me what Epig has done / would have done, just like I said about others.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Zomberella12 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Zomberella12 wrote:Did anyone take a snapshot of the poll before it closed?
Yes.
This is where a civie would have posted the poll results. I didn't outright ask you to do it, but now I'm kinda glad I didn't because perhaps it gave you a chance to show your true colors?
:zombie: Zomba wants to eat Rico now.
Good job, then.

Tactic to post screenshots was not established in the thread. I did not process your question as a request.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

My point is that you were saying it may have not been what you would do, but it wouldn't really matter what you would do. the point still stands how Epi would treat a teammate in the thread. I do not think Epi would have waited to find out if you were cool with a plan before proceeding
Gro-oo-ovy
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

fingersplints wrote:My point is that you were saying it may have not been what you would do, but it wouldn't really matter what you would do. the point still stands how Epi would treat a teammate in the thread. I do not think Epi would have waited to find out if you were cool with a plan before proceeding
And the proof of me being part of what he did is where? Nobody treated him seriously then, but now in retrospect we were mates?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Ricochet wrote:
fingersplints wrote:My point is that you were saying it may have not been what you would do, but it wouldn't really matter what you would do. the point still stands how Epi would treat a teammate in the thread. I do not think Epi would have waited to find out if you were cool with a plan before proceeding
And the proof of me being part of what he did is where? Nobody treated him seriously then, but now in retrospect we were mates?
what proof are you expecting? It's a mafia game. "Proof" rarely exists. I think the case on you is pretty good. Getting defensive isn't helping you sound civvie tbh

I do not understand what you mean by no one took him seriously. He had the most votes, so people seriously found him suspsicious. and it's kind of common practice if someone turns up bad or Indy to look for possible connections.

who do you think I should vote for then?
Gro-oo-ovy
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

@ Rico - are you really on Nauru? That is SO COOL!!!
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

fingersplints wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
what proof are you expecting? It's a mafia game. "Proof" rarely exists. I think the case on you is pretty good. Getting defensive isn't helping you sound civvie tbh

I do not understand what you mean by no one took him seriously. He had the most votes, so people seriously found him suspsicious. and it's kind of common practice if someone turns up bad or Indy to look for possible connections.

who do you think I should vote for then?
Nobody took him seriously when he started jumping on me, calling or implying I'm bad on N0. What are we talking about here?

And I'm defensive for defending myself against a massive, seemingly imminent lynch. Wow. :huh:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Zomberella12 wrote:@ Rico - are you really on Nauru? That is SO COOL!!!
No, but I hope so one day.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Ricochet wrote:
I'm really in Murder Park. In a word, harrowing.

Rico, a word to the wise. In mafia, the best defense is a good offense. Saying "I'm not bad, don't lynch me" rarely works, but saying "Look at player X, s/he is way more likely to be baddie than me" frequently does.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
I'm really in Murder Park. In a word, harrowing.

Rico, a word to the wise. In mafia, the best defense is a good offense. Saying "I'm not bad, don't lynch me" rarely works, but saying "Look at player X, s/he is way more likely to be baddie than me" frequently does.
If that's everything you shrunk my responses to, so far, then indeed I might indeed just detach from this and let fate do the rest, and also dedicate the rest of this day to look for that player X and come up with something on him, only for that player X and probably everyone else to just dismiss me and further argue than I'm just jumping desperately on somebody else, since my case, by comparison, is so blatant.

Solid advice, yes.

The only contribution so far I don't understand at all is LC's.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm just saying that playing purely defensive game is unlikely to make anyone switch their vote without a credible alternative to switch to.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MP wondered already why he isn't reading more hunting posts from me, but he himself assumed correctly I'm too pressured right now to defend myself.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 79
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

fingersplints wrote:I think both SVS and LC are playing their civvie game, but they have both fooled me before.
This is what my Civvie game looks like? :confused:

I think that coming after Rico as a baddie just because of the poll screenshot thing is not wise. I don't understand what that has to do with being a baddie. A baddie is more likely to try and get a good rep by being as helpful as possible... and obviously such a flimsy strategy would easily work on some of you. I'll have to remember that.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:MP wondered already why he isn't reading more hunting posts from me, but he himself assumed correctly I'm too pressured right now to defend myself.
While that may be true, who do you think is worth looking at today?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:MP wondered already why he isn't reading more hunting posts from me, but he himself assumed correctly I'm too pressured right now to defend myself.
While that may be true, who do you think is worth looking at today?
I will try to address that later.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Not me I hope! I'm a Civvie. For now anyways. When do we switch roles again? Are we allowed to talk about past roles? Are we allowed to discuss if something changes for us behind the scenes? Probably not.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:Not me I hope! I'm a Civvie. For now anyways. When do we switch roles again? Are we allowed to talk about past roles? Are we allowed to discuss if something changes for us behind the scenes? Probably not.
I'd imagine talking in the thread would be forbidden. Talking in BTSC, on the other hand, could be useful for more intel or profiling.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Talking in the new BTSC you'd switch to, of course.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Long Con wrote:
fingersplints wrote:I think both SVS and LC are playing their civvie game, but they have both fooled me before.

I think that coming after Rico as a baddie just because of the poll screenshot thing is not wise. I don't understand what that has to do with being a baddie. A baddie is more likely to try and get a good rep by being as helpful as possible... and obviously such a flimsy strategy would easily work on some of you. I'll have to remember that.
More evidence in my quest against LC. Defending Rico. Probably on the same team.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Zomberella12 wrote:
Long Con wrote:

More evidence in my quest against LC. Defending Rico. Probably on the same team.
Nah, Rico is Epi's partner, so he has no other teammates.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:I'm just saying that playing purely defensive game is unlikely to make anyone switch their vote without a credible alternative to switch to.
Besides, I did actually post this:

Ricochet wrote:Here is the D1 tally: Image

Anyway, if looking for defenders is your tactic of choice, there are plenty who didn't join the lynch train and have said it so. But I also suggest you don't ignore the chance that, since Epignosis lynched him so nonchalantly, knowing (and openly teasing everyone) that nothing will happen to him, perhaps Hunger wasn't far behind, pushing for the same lynch that would not affect them.
My point being:

Do not assume my posts looking blatantly bad is the only explanation.
Do not assume others who "defended" Epig (ie didn't board his lynch train, with reasons or without) are worth less investigating than me.
Do not assume Hunger didn't actually join the lynch train, given how laid-back both he and Epig must have been, if it's true they knew Epig can't get lynched.

But everyone ignored this bit and kept pedalling on me, so I responded accordingly.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Oops, didn't mean to quote again the poll, forgot to edit it out.
Snowman
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Snowman »

S~V~S wrote:Yeah, really? Why am I sketchy?
Not that I agree, but your avatar is literally a sketch.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Ricochet wrote: Do not assume my posts looking blatantly bad is the only explanation.
Do not assume others who "defended" Epig (ie didn't board his lynch train, with reasons or without) are worth less investigating than me.
Do not assume Hunger didn't actually join the lynch train, given how laid-back both he and Epig must have been, if it's true they knew Epig can't get lynched.
Why do you say Hunger was laid back. Where are you getting that from?

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'd also note that, if Rico is on a civ team, he should have thre people defending him. SO far we've only seen Long Con. To me, that means he is either a baddie or Levinah Murphy.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:
Ricochet wrote: Do not assume my posts looking blatantly bad is the only explanation.
Why do you say Hunger was laid back. Where are you getting that from?
I didn't say Hunger was. I said must or could have been. Read again the quote I re-quoted - and you just snipped - for why do I think that.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I read it. You went from "perhaps" to "must have been" without any reason that I can see.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:I'd also note that, if Rico is on a civ team, he should have thre people defending him. SO far we've only seen Long Con. To me, that means he is either a baddie or Levinah Murphy.
Yes, in-thread blatant defending is obviously the key to playing this game. Or Mafia, for that matter.

Was that an infodump, btw?

Linki: I don't see much difference. At least, I got nowhere closer to being decisive about that.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Roxy wrote:
fingersplints wrote:Has it been discussed yet if we can talk about past roles we had once they changed?
I think I played the game on the piano too, so I wish I could help, but I can't think of anything useful atm
:ponder: Let me think about this.
I have given this careful consideration and I say - Yes!
Yes you may share what previous role(s) you have been - BUT - not what abilities you had(ve).
;)
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Roxy wrote:
Roxy wrote:
fingersplints wrote:Has it been discussed yet if we can talk about past roles we had once they changed?
I think I played the game on the piano too, so I wish I could help, but I can't think of anything useful atm
:ponder: Let me think about this.
I have given this careful consideration and I say - Yes!
Yes you may share what previous role(s) you have been - BUT - not what abilities you had(ve).
In thread as well as BTS?

Also, how would our abilities not be clear from our roles. (Except for/if secrets)
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 36

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

fingersplints wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:Was there a 1 vote difference? If Margaret Reed was one of the voters for LC it could have been made into a tie as well.
Though we don't even know if rox would void the lynch due to a tie result, in the games I've played a more common thing is randomize or to just lynch both of them
last I saw before I feel asleep was 6 epi 5 LC. I'm fairly confident that Rox wouldn't void a lynch as a result of a tie. I've only ever seen one host do that (Epi) and I have not ever seen Rox do that in all the games I have played of hers and hosted with her. :)
That's good to know, thanks
S~V~S wrote:Why didn't you post that before?
I am going to vote for you at this time. I think Llama made some good points, and this post:
Ricochet wrote:It's true that we don't know what the Host would do in case of a tie, but it's still an option. As you've said, the easy interpretation is that Margret Reed was a LC voter and thus brought it back to a tie. The subtle interpretation is that Epignosis had a secret power preventing him altogether from being lynched. Due to the complementary nature of the Weather/Hunger forces, a guess would be something like "neither of them can be day lynched as long as the other is alive".

Another guess, but without fully knowing if this can actually be true from the rules, would be that their protections extend to or are in effect on the Day. So Hunger opted on N0 to protect Epignosis (since killing was not allowed) and the protection ran through Day 1. Thus, Epignosis nonchalantly didn't mind the lynch train he himself set and that is also what he meant by the "I can read" part: "You can decide whether to let someone starve to death on even nights or protect Weather." The starving part is basically a night kill, but the protection could in fact take place outside the Night phase.
...seriously pinged the living daylights out of me.
Why does it ping you? All he is doing is listing possibilities for epig surviving the lynch.

Do you really think that if he was epig's partner, he would outright tell you about a secret power that the team gets? I think that's absurd. It's pretty clear he is just making a guess

I've also got to agree with Rico that your (SVS's) abrupt change of opinion on voting early is suspect. Seems like opportunism following by rationalization hamstering here:
S~V~S wrote: Linki, yeah, on Day One when there had not been days of discussion, lol. I love changeable votes, as of now I am pretty sure and at this time I want to put my money where my mouth is. I can always realign my investments at a later time, though.
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

If you'll allow me to joke, Trice: here's my second defender. Only need one more now. :p
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Probably secrets. Nice on-topic question mark. :D

I'll tell you more in our BTSC Rico. Get in the chat, Turnip Head and I are waiting! HA HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :feb:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

My mom wouldn't get me a Rationalization Hamster. :(
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head? WTF
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Why are you talking only in Off-Topic green now?
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Zomberella12 wrote::)
Ricochet wrote:Fine, vote for me then. :sigh:
IMO civs shouldn't ever give up a defense...so then the question becomes, are you a civ or aren't you?
It's not uncommon for some of the more stubborn people out there to let themselves get lynched just to prove a point (i.e. the point that they are civ). To be fair, it's not necessarily not helping the team, because lynching a civ by accident will make us reevaluate the interactions so far and it can help solidify some opposing suspicions.

I don't think there are actively any powers that kick in after death, but rox also said she always has secret roles so that's a possibility too.
Long Con wrote:S~V~S is sketchy to me. I think Rico is a fine fellow. *votes S~V~S*
It would be great to get a bit more info on why you believe this.
thellama73 wrote:I'd also note that, if Rico is on a civ team, he should have thre people defending him. SO far we've only seen Long Con. To me, that means he is either a baddie or Levinah Murphy.
How many players haven't posted yet this day cycle?
Long Con wrote:
Um, are you trying to say that you aren't civvie? :confused:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

@LC: Because I don't understand what's on topic about it. TH is not even in this game.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

hm, maybe we can settle one unknown factor

Roxy, what would happen in the event of a lynch vote tie?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Ricochet wrote:@LC: Because I don't understand what's on topic about it. TH is not even in this game.
Secret players... cunning.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:@LC: Because I don't understand what's on topic about it. TH is not even in this game.
Secret players... cunning.
A Dinner with child, perhaps.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”