47%

Total votes: 15
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Re: MacGyver Mafia: The Cheesiest :D

Post by Roxy »

Well at least I was not lynched. Actually for day 1 this was probs a good result. I know it seemed to cement some things for me and rethink others.

And I am sorry if you were upset at me Sock b/c of any post I made you know you are one of my favorite people to mafia with please do not change anything about you <3

So maybe no one was lynched but I do think with the discussion we have a lot more to work with. Like Juliets I am tired.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Also I *voted twine* when camping I have used twine more than any object up there whether this means anything - lol - your guess is as good as mine.
;)
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry for so much posting, but does anyone have reads on He Man or Vompatti as well? I'm not sure what to make of either of them at all.

Linki with BWT: His vote on Day 1 was a vote for juliets after she voted for him (switcheroo) and he seemed pretty peeved that he even got a vote for little participation, which I found just a bit strange since it hardly made him a lynch candidate (comparable to Boomslang in MOTU how he seemed a bit too overdefensive). Not sold on that, but it did strike me a bit odd. Additionally, he is still laying a bit low and no one is mentioning him at all, and he still seems a bit overdefensive with what he posted after today's lynch to llama. I don't know.

I feel least strong about him of the five I listed, honestly, but I can't help but shake those couple of gut pings. Knowing that we both know him IRL as well, what do you think of him?
I can understand him getting peeved for the vote for not participating that much. The part that bothers me is more him "laying low" as you described it and being really overdefensive from today's lynch.

Idk. I guess at this point, I feel more strongly about the other 4 names you mentioned. With AATB, I'm highly suspicious but I still think there's a chance he could be a frustrated civvie. I think the other 4 people have done more in regards to earning my vote for the next day phase.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Also I'm going to go with duct tape. The Mythbusters have proven that you can do anything with duct tape up to surviving on a desert island, so I think it would be the ultimate survival tool.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 42

Post by reywaS »

I voted for the Swiss Army Knife. It seems like the most useful choice to me.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Dex »

I'm going to vote Paper Clip because no one else has and maybe that's the brass ring.
*indiglowing*
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Snow Dog »

Weapon of choice of Army found in Western Europe
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:voted Duct Tape

I'm thinking this is good that we had a failed lynch, unless for some reason boo survived as a result of some baddie/indie secret. I'm thinking a civvie explanation for surviving is more likely, so that puts boo squarely in the likely civvie section of my radar. Boo, I'm sorry I voted for you, but it was mostly out of self-preservation. I also realize you did mention me previously, but honestly, with most people throughout today's discussion saying INH or Snow Dog, and then all of a sudden Rox and me getting a bunch of votes, then that is what I constitute as unexplained.
I refute this. You are rewriting history. I wasn't mentioned at all I think. If I was it was very little. Clever ruse to make it seem so.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Vompatti »

boo wrote:
Vompatti wrote:Voted for boo in a hurry, could just as well have voted for MP.
Well this is the worst vote yet. Clearly someone is paying zero attention to what's going on or is a liar.
Browsed through the thread and would still vote the same way because gut feeling.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Vompatti »

One can do things with a ball of twine one can't do with a swiss knife.

*votes ball of twine*
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

voting *duct tape*
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 111
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Dex wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Dex, you really think this makes sense?

I do not think Rox is necessarily baddie; look at her posts in the latter part of today. I think that's what frustrated me even more, coming in to see I had that argument against me and she was leading it, because I'm not getting much of a baddie impression from her anymore.

INH was the top candidate leading into this lynch, he never shows up, and he doesn't get a single vote. Yet you think Rox is on one team and I'm on another? Really?
No I don't. You thought Rox was bad at the time you voted for her. That was before her posts that - seemingly - changed your mind about her. Those same posts also convinced me that she was almost certainly civ. That's why I voted you - b/c I think Rox is civ, and not on either team. I think the same goes for others who voted for you. We were civ saving. Against your charge.

Now, the people that voted Boo to save you = those I think bear looking at.
I didn't vote for her, but you're right, I did question her intentions. I don't think Rox is on a baddie team either at this point. Why do you think those that voted Boo are worth looking at? I don't necessarily disagree, I just want to try to better understand your train of thought.

Roxy wrote:Well at least I was not lynched. Actually for day 1 this was probs a good result. I know it seemed to cement some things for me and rethink others.

And I am sorry if you were upset at me Sock b/c of any post I made you know you are one of my favorite people to mafia with please do not change anything about you <3

So maybe no one was lynched but I do think with the discussion we have a lot more to work with. Like Juliets I am tired.
Yes, I agree, I think it was a good day, even though it almost ended in disaster.

I'm not upset, nor was I particularly, so no worries at all. I think we all know how mafia can be at times, lol, just in terms of the game -- it's a lot like when you're playing a video game and you're at a point that may frustrate you with its difficulty or you just barely die in a boss battle, or what have you. I was just frustrated at the fact that at the time it seemed like I was going to get lynched which surprised me and for what I deemed to be nonindicative reasons. And of course, likewise! I think we have a really awesome group of players all around this game, so it's great to be playing.

I agree, there's a lot of possibilities; the key is figuring out who is trying to exploit these lynches. It seems we've had enough of that kind of activity that we can figure it out.

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry for so much posting, but does anyone have reads on He Man or Vompatti as well? I'm not sure what to make of either of them at all.

Linki with BWT: His vote on Day 1 was a vote for juliets after she voted for him (switcheroo) and he seemed pretty peeved that he even got a vote for little participation, which I found just a bit strange since it hardly made him a lynch candidate (comparable to Boomslang in MOTU how he seemed a bit too overdefensive). Not sold on that, but it did strike me a bit odd. Additionally, he is still laying a bit low and no one is mentioning him at all, and he still seems a bit overdefensive with what he posted after today's lynch to llama. I don't know.

I feel least strong about him of the five I listed, honestly, but I can't help but shake those couple of gut pings. Knowing that we both know him IRL as well, what do you think of him?
I can understand him getting peeved for the vote for not participating that much. The part that bothers me is more him "laying low" as you described it and being really overdefensive from today's lynch.

Idk. I guess at this point, I feel more strongly about the other 4 names you mentioned. With AATB, I'm highly suspicious but I still think there's a chance he could be a frustrated civvie. I think the other 4 people have done more in regards to earning my vote for the next day phase.
I agree, the laying low and being overdefensive is not helping, and I do think he could be a frustrated civvie. I feel like with some of these players who are now only in their second games (Russ, AATB, Snow Dog, etc.), it's a bit harder to get a comfortable gauge, especially because I hosted Avant-Garde 2 and saw what happened with Leech, Vompatti, and Droopy, where people thought they were all CLEARLY acting baddie and it turns out they all unanimously or near unanimously got lynched as civvies. I'm a bit cautious to lynch a newbie because of supposed baddie behavior for those reasons. Additionally, you have Vompatti and INH, both of whom I have seen do some really weird stuff as civvies and baddies, so they are two hard people to read in my opinion.

All of that being said, I definitely think we have at least one baddie (very likely more) in INH, Snow Dog, llama, Dex, AATB, and perhaps Vomps as well. I hadn't considered Vompatti before boo pointed out his weird vote, but I'm surprised no one else has said anything about him yet; he tends to be like INH in terms of getting suspicion because of wacky or illogical behavior.

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Also I'm going to go with duct tape. The Mythbusters have proven that you can do anything with duct tape up to surviving on a desert island, so I think it would be the ultimate survival tool.
This is exactly why I chose it. Yay Mythbusters!
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
All of that being said, I definitely think we have at least one baddie (very likely more) in INH, Snow Dog, llama, Dex, AATB, and perhaps Vomps as well.
Well I am not one of them.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
All of that being said, I definitely think we have at least one baddie (very likely more) in INH, Snow Dog, llama, Dex, AATB, and perhaps Vomps as well.
Who do you think is baddie then at this point?
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Well reywaS voted me twice I think so maybe him.
But it occurs to me that some baddies may lie low and let us sqaubble and turn on each other here. I'm tempted to look at the low posters.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
But it occurs to me that some baddies may lie low and let us sqaubble and turn on each other here. I'm tempted to look at the low posters.
You don't think reywaS could be a misinformed civvie, or you don't see why your behavior might be seen as suspicious?

Another few questions for you: Why low posters? I may agree with you to some degree, but you don't think any of the contributors may be baddie? What about llama, what do you think of him?
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
You don't think reywaS could be a misinformed civvie, or you don't see why your behavior might be seen as suspicious?

Another few questions for you: Why low posters? I may agree with you to some degree, but you don't think any of the contributors may be baddie? What about llama, what do you think of him?
He seemed very certain i was bad (reywaS) so maybe he was just being opportunistic too ( I am not convinced by this argument even to myself)

And why low posters......seems a good way to hide from scrutiny. A valid tactic even . I need to look at all the low posters and see what we got. As theories go for rooting out baddies it's as good as any imo.

Llama....leaning civvie on him at the moment. Despite picking the Awesome Auger. :biggrin:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 139

Post by thellama73 »

I want to ask what people are thinking about BWT. I know I came down on Boo for calling him out early, but after that he missed four votes in a row and has been almost entirely absentee until very recently, when he ducked in for only a moment. I understand that real life gets in the way, but the extent of his silence is starting to ping me.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:I want to ask what people are thinking about BWT. I know I came down on Boo for calling him out early, but after that he missed four votes in a row and has been almost entirely absentee until very recently, when he ducked in for only a moment. I understand that real life gets in the way, but the extent of his silence is starting to ping me.
Totally agree. Low posters. They need looking at.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

These are the low poster so far:

Russtifinko 13
He-Man 11
Vompatti 10
insertnamehere 8
AllAlongTheBoardwalk 7
reywaS 7
birdwithteeth11 6

Vompatti seems inclined to be a low poster anyway. A man of few words.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Every single post you make pings the hell out of me. This No U included. So, yes, I do think you are a baddie. Just to be perfectly clear, you think that I may be bad based on nothing more than the fact that I think you're bad, right?

AllAlongTheBoardwalk is also looking like a baddie to me.
Some day, Some day
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

reywaS wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Every single post you make pings the hell out of me. This No U included. So, yes, I do think you are a baddie. Just to be perfectly clear, you think that I may be bad based on nothing more than the fact that I think you're bad, right?
Well....I did admit it was a weak argument. But your certainty that I am bad does bother me. I'm willing to believe you are not for now.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
juliets wrote:I could go either INH or MP. MP I was feeling ok about until Roxy's posts and I do see the double standard between getting on her case for voting a random among fisherman picket and auger voters vs his random between his 2 suspicions. Also, I reread his vote for LT and it was based on her not being genuine with her getting the time mixed up but in my opinion she came off completely genuine. And his reaction to being voted or I guess that was his defense didn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

That said, there are good reasons to vote inh in my opinion and he was my first choice this morning. Trouble is he hasn't been here to defend himself and I'm worried that my vote would be a throw away vote.

I'll wait a bit longer and make a decision.
Also, I wanted to address this, but didn't have much time at the time. Double standard, really? I realize I am occasionally guilty of holding people to a double standard, and I probably did this with Rox, but you don't think that I'm being held to a double standard here?

To me, LT did not necessarily seem genuine. That's it. You obviously thought otherwise so you didn't vote LT. How does that make me baddie?
MP, I'm trying to figure out how I might have held you to a double standard. I may have but I certainly did not mean to do so.

On the LT timing issue, to my way of thinking this is part of what mafia is all about. I thought she sounded totally genuine, you thought she did not. I thought she was obviously genuine and it should have been apparent, therefore I was pinged that you didn't. You have crazy good mafia skills and I thought you should have seen it. Maybe I'm wrong about that but its how it felt at the time.

On AATB, my initial reaction to his overreaction was that he is new and doesn't yet understand that you need to let day 1 votes roll off your back. Further convincing me was his switcheroo which was blatant - you voted for me so i'm voting for you. I didn't think an experienced player would ever do that. It does bother me though that he missed the second vote so at this point he didn't make a "real" vote on day 1 and didn't make any vote on day 2, leaving us with not a lot to look at. Sometimes absence of behavior (not voting) can be evidence. With that said though, I still lean toward noob but with an eye open.

And finally, Mythbusters ftw! I'm voting Duct Tape.

I have some things to take care of this afternoon and will probably not be in the thread for most of the afternoon.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

^Just read ATTB's posts and as you say there is very little to go on. I dunno. Dificult to judge. he does say we can lynch him if we want. Says he was late for the lynch poll. Could be true but it's also a good way to slip under the radar. Something I have definitely not been doing because I don't need to, not being mafia.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Happy Birthday Snow Dog!
:wine: :sax:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

juliets wrote:Happy Birthday Snow Dog!
:wine: :sax:
Thank you very much :biggrin:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

thellama73 wrote:I want to ask what people are thinking about BWT. I know I came down on Boo for calling him out early, but after that he missed four votes in a row and has been almost entirely absentee until very recently, when he ducked in for only a moment. I understand that real life gets in the way, but the extent of his silence is starting to ping me.
From last Wednesday until very late last Sunday night, I was out of town. When I got back, I was really busy with work and I'd completely forgotten I had signed up for this game. Heck, I didn't even know it had started so that should tell you something.

Also once I got back, I was so busy with work and work-related stuff (I'm on an inclusion-type council and I have "homework" I've been working on for our meeting today, plus I'm applying to get into a management position and there's been a lot of extra paperwork involved since I'm applying internally). So honestly, until yesterday, I didn't have the time I needed to spend on this game. But thankfully I do now.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

And to add to that last post, I remember MP mentioning that I was out of town when the game started, so the fact that you're looking at me as suspicious seems a bit :eye:-worthy to me.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:And to add to that last post, I remember MP mentioning that I was out of town when the game started, so the fact that you're looking at me as suspicious seems a bit :eye:-worthy to me.
Theoretically you could be on a team I suppose.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Snow Dog wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:And to add to that last post, I remember MP mentioning that I was out of town when the game started, so the fact that you're looking at me as suspicious seems a bit :eye:-worthy to me.
Yes, I can see where you're going with that. But I'm not. I ended up coming back of my own accord when I happened to check up on what I had missed in the MotU game. That's how I noticed the PMs that this game had started. If you don't believe me, feel free to ask SVS about it and she can confirm it. Also where we were staying, there was very poor internet access on my phone (to put it mildly). But we were on a naval base that was out in the middle of nowhere so that's understandable.

And besides, don't you think my teammates would have done more to make sure I at least checked in sooner than 4 days after the game started?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Yes, I can see where you're going with that. But I'm not. I ended up coming back of my own accord when I happened to check up on what I had missed in the MotU game. That's how I noticed the PMs that this game had started. If you don't believe me, feel free to ask SVS about it and she can confirm it. Also where we were staying, there was very poor internet access on my phone (to put it mildly). But we were on a naval base that was out in the middle of nowhere so that's understandable.

And besides, don't you think my teammates would have done more to make sure I at least checked in sooner than 4 days after the game started?
That's fair enough, BWT, and I made the teammate point back when Boo first accused you. I was just soliciting opinions because quite honestly I am rather at sea regarding who to vote for next. Roxy more or less convinced me that she is alright (or else an extremely good actor) and I am trying to get the conversation going to ferret out any baddies. This has been a very difficult game so far in terms of reading people.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Teeth - No I do not think that if you have teammates they will contact you if you haven't been in the thread for 4 days. So that to me is a non argument.

Sockkitty - you asked about Heman and Vomps.
HeMan has made some critical mistakes with facts in regard to his votes D1 and D2. He was drunk D1 vote time but what about D2? Idk I always watch HeMan he puts on a spectacular show (making jokes, creating chaos, making me giggle etc) normally when playing this game not so much.

Vomps - I haven't played with in awhile and you are right he has his own style of playing. He has not really offered up any of his own thoughts so tbh I am not sure one way or the other about him.

Still eyeing Snow Dog, llama, Teeth and a few others to be quite frank.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Happy Birthday Snow Dog hope its a great one!
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Roxy wrote:Happy Birthday Snow Dog hope its a great one!
Thank you very much
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Ok, time for my thoughts, finally! NIce to be on my computer instead of checking on my phone.

First off, I agree that the mentioned civ roles are most likely why boo wasn't lynched. We don't know what the baddies' powers are, so I'm not willing to say 100% that he's civvie, but Occam's Razor says to leave him be.

The big MP-Roxy debate did have a civ-civ feel to me, at least by the end there. Although I'm now forever nervous about using the words "civ" and "MP" in the same sentence, I think Roxy is one of the most likely players to be civ right now. AATB struck me more as a frustrated civ newbie than a baddie in his exchange. Saying we can lynch him if we want seems like peeved, sarcastic AATB to me. I'll still watch for suspicious behavior from him. I was satisfied with BWT's explanation for being away, and barring any weirdness from him he won't top my suspect list for tomorrow.

Right now, that honor looks to go to INH. I'm far from saying he's absolutely bad, but I agree he looked past some facts when voting for LT. Then after the lynch, he writes this:
insertnamehere wrote:Well, fuck.
and then disappears from the thread with no explanation. I don't like it at all. I understand people being unwilling to vote for him yesterday because he hadn't had a chance to defend himself, but I think 3 days is long enough to at least say "Hi, explanation forthcoming soon." I'll be leaning toward a vote for him if he doesn't come back.

Vompatti hadn't pinged me in the thread, but reading through his posts together looks strange. They amount to 2 drive-by votes (for which, admittedly, he offers short explanations) and a bunch of humor/snark. Civvie he may (or may not) be, but I at least wouldn't classify him as a helpful civvie.

That's it for major pings for me at the moment. I'm still waiting for a better read on He-Man and reywaS. Rey's aggressive pursuit of Snow Dog almost makes me think if one of them isn't bad, the other will be. So far I'm kind of half-pinged by Snowie, but my gut is saying frustrated noob civvie like with AATB. By the way, happy birthday!

Wow, this post got MP-esque. Gonna finish with 2 very important points:

Did anyone get the lynch results (and ideally order) from yesterday?

And MP, yesterday you mentioned a spreadsheet template you could send to noobs to help us get oriented. Is that still on the table? I tried to spreadsheet for MOTU, and it was a disaster.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Russtifinko wrote: Did anyone get the lynch results (and ideally order) from yesterday?
I have the results, but not the order. Should I bother, or all you all going to complain about my unsophisticated spreadsheet?

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

And looks like I'm the last to vote on this poll...I was waffling between the Swiss Army Knife as my first instinct and going Roxy on the twine since she's speaking from experience. I think I'll vote knife to tie it up, because though I love duct tape as much as the next person, you can run out of it, which isn't the case for a knife.

*votes Knife*

linki with llama: I will not complain, and would in fact be very grateful for whatever you do have.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

EBWOP: realized I miscounted and am not the last vote, we're waiting on He-Man and INH. Knife is still my choice though.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

^This is a rough copy and paste of the lynch vote, and thanks

Who Would Have Killed You if They Could?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:43 pm

AATB~
No votes
BWT~
No votes
boo~
He-Man (4), Kate (10), Russtifinko (11), MovingPictures07 (13), Vompatti (14) 36%
He Man~
No votes
INH~
No votes
Juliets~
No votes
Kate~
No votes
llama~
No votes
MovingPictures~
Roxy (5), boo (8), Dex (9), juliets (12) 29%
reywaS~
No votes
Roxy~
Snow Dog (2), thellama73 (3) 14%
Russtifinko~
No votes
Snow Dog~
reywaS (7) 7%
Vompatti~
No votes
The Civvies? (host/dead/non)
S~V~S (1), LittleTiger (6) 14%
Total votes : 14
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

I would also agree with the suspicion of inh. I've seen this type of act from him before when he was bad.
Some day, Some day
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I didn't vote for her, but you're right, I did question her intentions. I don't think Rox is on a baddie team either at this point. Why do you think those that voted Boo are worth looking at? I don't necessarily disagree, I just want to try to better understand your train of thought.
My train of thought is, you're mafia, you were ahead in a lynch vote, peeps voted Boo to get you off the hook.
Oh no! :eek: The curse! The curse!
*indiglowing*
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Thanks, Snow Dog.

Question to Dex on your post: if MP is mafia, wouldn't it be best to get him first before looking at boo voters? Only 1 of them could be his teammate if he were mafia anyway, so we'd be looking at 1 probable accomplice and 3 civvies in that group.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

i also wanted to comment on MP during the Lynch yesterday. His reactions seemed way over the top to me. The way he got so upset about getting votes didnt seem genuine to me. He made it seem like he's been unjustly persecuted so much lately and I just don't see it that way. I could see him being bad. I'm not convinced but ill definitely be keeping an eye that way.
Some day, Some day
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Here is a basic spreadsheet that you all are welcome to use http://forum.revolutionmafia.com/viewto ... p=209#p209
ImageImage
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Russtifinko wrote:Thanks, Snow Dog.

Question to Dex on your post: if MP is mafia, wouldn't it be best to get him first before looking at boo voters? Only 1 of them could be his teammate if he were mafia anyway, so we'd be looking at 1 probable accomplice and 3 civvies in that group.
Yes.
*indiglowing*
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

reywaS wrote:I would also agree with the suspicion of inh. I've seen this type of act from him before when he was bad.
reywas, anything in particular that he did in the other game that reminds you of this one? I'm still pinged by his post day 1.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
juliets wrote:I could go either INH or MP. MP I was feeling ok about until Roxy's posts and I do see the double standard between getting on her case for voting a random among fisherman picket and auger voters vs his random between his 2 suspicions. Also, I reread his vote for LT and it was based on her not being genuine with her getting the time mixed up but in my opinion she came off completely genuine. And his reaction to being voted or I guess that was his defense didn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

That said, there are good reasons to vote inh in my opinion and he was my first choice this morning. Trouble is he hasn't been here to defend himself and I'm worried that my vote would be a throw away vote.

I'll wait a bit longer and make a decision.
Also, I wanted to address this, but didn't have much time at the time. Double standard, really? I realize I am occasionally guilty of holding people to a double standard, and I probably did this with Rox, but you don't think that I'm being held to a double standard here?

To me, LT did not necessarily seem genuine. That's it. You obviously thought otherwise so you didn't vote LT. How does that make me baddie?
MP, I'm trying to figure out how I might have held you to a double standard. I may have but I certainly did not mean to do so.

On the LT timing issue, to my way of thinking this is part of what mafia is all about. I thought she sounded totally genuine, you thought she did not. I thought she was obviously genuine and it should have been apparent, therefore I was pinged that you didn't. You have crazy good mafia skills and I thought you should have seen it. Maybe I'm wrong about that but its how it felt at the time.

On AATB, my initial reaction to his overreaction was that he is new and doesn't yet understand that you need to let day 1 votes roll off your back. Further convincing me was his switcheroo which was blatant - you voted for me so i'm voting for you. I didn't think an experienced player would ever do that. It does bother me though that he missed the second vote so at this point he didn't make a "real" vote on day 1 and didn't make any vote on day 2, leaving us with not a lot to look at. Sometimes absence of behavior (not voting) can be evidence. With that said though, I still lean toward noob but with an eye open.

And finally, Mythbusters ftw! I'm voting Duct Tape.

I have some things to take care of this afternoon and will probably not be in the thread for most of the afternoon.
JC, as to the double standard, I can summarize as I don't understand why I even received most of the votes I did receive yesterday if everyone is being held to the same standard.

Russtifinko wrote:Ok, time for my thoughts, finally! NIce to be on my computer instead of checking on my phone.

First off, I agree that the mentioned civ roles are most likely why boo wasn't lynched. We don't know what the baddies' powers are, so I'm not willing to say 100% that he's civvie, but Occam's Razor says to leave him be.

The big MP-Roxy debate did have a civ-civ feel to me, at least by the end there. Although I'm now forever nervous about using the words "civ" and "MP" in the same sentence, I think Roxy is one of the most likely players to be civ right now. AATB struck me more as a frustrated civ newbie than a baddie in his exchange. Saying we can lynch him if we want seems like peeved, sarcastic AATB to me. I'll still watch for suspicious behavior from him. I was satisfied with BWT's explanation for being away, and barring any weirdness from him he won't top my suspect list for tomorrow.

Right now, that honor looks to go to INH. I'm far from saying he's absolutely bad, but I agree he looked past some facts when voting for LT. Then after the lynch, he writes this:
insertnamehere wrote:Well, fuck.
and then disappears from the thread with no explanation. I don't like it at all. I understand people being unwilling to vote for him yesterday because he hadn't had a chance to defend himself, but I think 3 days is long enough to at least say "Hi, explanation forthcoming soon." I'll be leaning toward a vote for him if he doesn't come back.

Vompatti hadn't pinged me in the thread, but reading through his posts together looks strange. They amount to 2 drive-by votes (for which, admittedly, he offers short explanations) and a bunch of humor/snark. Civvie he may (or may not) be, but I at least wouldn't classify him as a helpful civvie.

That's it for major pings for me at the moment. I'm still waiting for a better read on He-Man and reywaS. Rey's aggressive pursuit of Snow Dog almost makes me think if one of them isn't bad, the other will be. So far I'm kind of half-pinged by Snowie, but my gut is saying frustrated noob civvie like with AATB. By the way, happy birthday!

Wow, this post got MP-esque. Gonna finish with 2 very important points:

Did anyone get the lynch results (and ideally order) from yesterday?

And MP, yesterday you mentioned a spreadsheet template you could send to noobs to help us get oriented. Is that still on the table? I tried to spreadsheet for MOTU, and it was a disaster.
You think frustrated civ on AATB? You could be right. It's hard to say, but I really hope he comes to contribute more soon.

Vompatti's game is very weird and hard to predict in my opinion. I think he needs to get in here and start participating as well, but his behavior is hardly logical, even as civvie. I guess he's in with AATB in that regard, although maybe even more suspicious than AATB because of his voting record.

I did, I can provide one when I get home tonight or tomorrow (if I'm too tired tonight). Although I do see LT provided one, which I'm sure is a good one.

Dex wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I didn't vote for her, but you're right, I did question her intentions. I don't think Rox is on a baddie team either at this point. Why do you think those that voted Boo are worth looking at? I don't necessarily disagree, I just want to try to better understand your train of thought.
My train of thought is, you're mafia, you were ahead in a lynch vote, peeps voted Boo to get you off the hook.
Oh no! :eek: The curse! The curse!
And why is it you think I'm mafia again?

reywaS wrote:i also wanted to comment on MP during the Lynch yesterday. His reactions seemed way over the top to me. The way he got so upset about getting votes didnt seem genuine to me. He made it seem like he's been unjustly persecuted so much lately and I just don't see it that way. I could see him being bad. I'm not convinced but ill definitely be keeping an eye that way.
You think me being over the top indicates I'm baddie? I don't think so, I'm pretty over the top regardless of alignment (see: Futurama and other games if you don't believe me). I can't argue with you if you think it wasn't genuine, but it was.

I said nothing about being unjustly persecuted lately, but it is true that this same damn thing has happened to me more than just a few times, and that people like DP, Wazz, and even Vomps and INH to some degree (but I'm not trying to antagonize or name names, just providing tangible evidence) get by with randomizing or weird behavior because it has become a norm for them. I'm for some reason held to some kind of higher standard. I would argue even you are as well, as well as other players. It's just not fair, especially after the way the lynch went down and the fact that I'm not baddie here. Just because I have a balls to the wall baddie game, people always think I'm some kind of master liar so they read my posts with caution and always considering that they are twisted, whereas someone like JC most players don't do that. Hell, even I usually read JC's intentions (again, just an example, the first that came to mind) as more likely genuine until proven not. Does that make sense?
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Vote paper clip :)
a stopped clock is right twice a day
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

HeMan - I spoke in a post to Socking about you. I was hoping you would read it and respond to it :)
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Sockglove- I think you held in a different standard bc you have always been the way you are and say Porcu for example is held differently bc you both play differently. Yah sometimes I agree players like rab, HeMan, etc can sometimes slide by with iffy thread behavior but you or even I could not get away with it. I guess we should have started playing mafia with a wonky-jeebie style then we would not be held to the standard we are.

I am not saying this is how everyone feels it is just my take on the situation you faced yesterday.

Also - mmm interesting theory Pickle Dex I need to give it thought before I agree or disagree.

Also - Rey - good thoughts about Snow Dog most of which I totes agree with.
;)

Return to “Previous Side Missions”