Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 73

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by AceofSpaces »

Well, that was easy. Trice is making it pretty obvious that he's mafia. I'll go into details after I make dinner and walk my dog, but here is an outline of what you can expect.

1. Actually taking my post out of context (Which is funny because he said people were doing the same thing to him)
2. His hypersensitive reaction to my two post that pointed out some suspicious behavior of his (paranoid much?)
3. Up until I accused him of being suspicious he was many making joke post and trying to fly under the radar.
4. Everything he's said about me is ridiculous and feeds into my theory that he's a baddie overacting to a tiny bit of suspicion being thrown his way.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I feel like Trice is trying to make a mountain out of Ace- and Daisy-sized molehills. It feels like a witch hunt on players that supported the L/Light Day 0 option. Granted, I believe he said early on that he intended to do just that, so at least he's consistent. But the hunt feels disingenuous because I feel he is misinterpreting Ace and Daisy's posts, as DH and Rico have pointed out.

(I think we can have two Rico's. We can make it work!)
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

I am of the persuasion now that Russtifinko has a role that prevents him from posting, and probably not a good one. He voted. He is present. But he is not posting.

Although I am determined to spoil nothing more for myself (and fucking did anyway), I did a quick Google search: "Death Note" silence.

Interestingly enough, the twenty-fifth episode of Death Note is entitled "Silence." It centers on Rem and Misa.

So huh.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:I am of the persuasion now that Russtifinko has a role that prevents him from posting, and probably not a good one. He voted. He is present. But he is not posting.

Although I am determined to spoil nothing more for myself (and fucking did anyway), I did a quick Google search: "Death Note" silence.

Interestingly enough, the twenty-fifth episode of Death Note is entitled "Silence." It centers on Rem and Misa.

So huh.
You may really want not to spoil yourself with that episode, of all episodes, since you're watching. It doesn't focus entirely on Rem and Misa.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I am of the persuasion now that Russtifinko has a role that prevents him from posting, and probably not a good one. He voted. He is present. But he is not posting.

So huh.
You may really want not to spoil yourself with that episode, of all episodes, since you're watching. It doesn't focus entirely on Rem and Misa.
Yeah, I actually already knew about the "big thing." :p But thanks.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:

So huh.
:srsnod:
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

Turnip Head wrote:I feel like Trice is trying to make a mountain out of Ace- and Daisy-sized molehills. It feels like a witch hunt on players that supported the L/Light Day 0 option. Granted, I believe he said early on that he intended to do just that, so at least he's consistent. But the hunt feels disingenuous because I feel he is misinterpreting Ace and Daisy's posts, as DH and Rico have pointed out.

(I think we can have two Rico's. We can make it work!)
I don't see it. If I were a baddie, I wouldn't just call all players who did something suspicious. Makes you look bad, because we all know baddies will be in both groups. So while it's a stupid (no offence) comment, I don't see it as a baddie one. Also, I see him focusing on someone other than the person who's calling him out, because it immediately makes people call you out on a NO U. So either he's a pretty sucky baddie, or this is escalating very fast into an easy lynch wagon. Granted, if no one knows who is baddie and who is not, even most baddies, I'd say you're all just wrong. But maybe I'm the one missing something
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

So huh.
Just thought I should mention.

Interesting speculation, anyway. But aren't silencers usually powers enforced at (or after) night phases? Have silencers even been designed before as part of a role's trait?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

But if Epignosis is actually on to something and this will prove a trait of a certain type of character here, my mind will be blown. :faint:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Maybe he can't post because none of us can see him yet.

Apologies in advance to Llama for speculating.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

So huh.
Just thought I should mention.

Interesting speculation, anyway. But aren't silencers usually powers enforced at (or after) night phases? Have silencers even been designed before as part of a role's trait?
Normally, a silencer targets someone to make him shut up the next day phase, yeah. But I myself have enacted posting restrictions to trigger certain abilities. For example, Dhalsim in my not-forgotten Street Fighter II Mafia game (I will retool and get you played!) can kill if he's silent the next Day. I refuse to use that mechanic because it outs him (This was one of the very first Mafia games I ever wrote). Roxy in The Game of Champions had a role that enabled her to find out who killed someone, but she had to be silent for a phase. And MP played as Mr. Lucas in Are You Being Served?, in which he got a benefit if he missed the vote on purpose, but made up a zany reason why he was late, and got three people to talk about it. Something like that.

With all the secrets involved, it would not surprise me that Russti has a role that requires his silence. That there is a Death Note Episode entitled "Silence" featuring Rem and Misa is a delicious coincidence.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Elohcin »

Goodness, You'd think that high poster influenced voting had won the poll.

Rico and Enri is what I will use whether they are both in the game or noy.
triceratopzeuhl wrote: Regarding spacedaisy, she's only posted 4 times so I'm willing to believe she was just busy, but the pattern of posts on day 0 was perplexing at best:

15 Feb 2015, 16:19 - "either normal or L/Light. Gonna have to think about this one."
15 Feb 2015, 19:10 - "I am personally looking at either Normal or Light/L"
sometime between then and the poll end - votes L/Light without taking the time to even post 2 words "because busy"
16 Feb 2015, 22:23 - more than a day later - "I had already expressed that I liked both normal and light/l and just decided to cast a vote for the second because I was ok with either and decided to even it up a little more."

So if you agree with epig about "tipping the scales" as a baddie action, there is valid reason to suspect spacedaisy.
triceratopzeuhl wrote:(so many posts in a row) in addition,

1. if Aceofspades' only reasoning for voting L/Light was fun, why did he bother to make a list later of why it's "good?"
AceofSpaces wrote:My reasoning is that it is the more fun option.
AceofSpaces wrote:I like to have fun when I play games. The Light/L option is the most fun. Thus I voted for it. There are no other motives for my vote. Don't over think it, we're only on Day 0.
followed by this one - which as I mention above is faulty reasoning anyway

2. Know what's fun? Winning. Baddies want the best chance of winning for the best chance of "having fun"
These are the two most convincing arguments imo. I'm leaning towards Ace for now. However, it is Day 1....so hard to find baddies especially when there is such little btsc right now. I wonder, even though there is not a lot of btsc among the baddies, do they know who their team consists of but just can't talk to them?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:Maybe he can't post because none of us can see him yet.

Apologies in advance to Llama for speculating.
Apology accepted.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

If Turnip Head is right and Russ isn't posting because he's a Shinigami, there should be three people not posting. That hasn't been the case. It also seems like way too big of a clue for MP to give us, since two of the three Shinigami are on the mafia team.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

Before we begin, let me first say I find it amusing that Trice thought I had already made a case against him. I mentioned him in passing in a list meant to outline my thoughts at the start of the day. That is not what a case from me looks like. This is what a case from me looks like.

First, I want to explore the thought process of a member of the mafia team. I know most of you, if not all, have played a game as a member of the mafia team, and so this might seem a bit unnecessary. However, I feel it's an important step to understanding why Trice is behaving the way he is, and why I believe he's a member of a mafia team.

Mafia are paranoid. They have to be. They start the game with the knowledge that everything they do and say will be judge and scrutinized and with the fear that if they slip up, they'll be swarmed by the mob. Civies don't have this problem, not to the same extent. A civie knows he's innocent, and has nothing to fear. Only a guilty man feels the need to tell everyone else he's innocent
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote: Nice "no u". You are quickly earning my vote for today.
If that's the best case you can come up with, you're not going to manage to lynch a civ today like you so badly want to

Mafia are also overly defensive. They make mountains out of mole hills, or in Trice's instance, cases out of three sentences. They see every slight suspicion as a threat. This makes it easy to provoke hasty responses from them, rife with mistakes. It's actually something I learned from watching Epi play. Poke the bear, and watch what happens.
triceratopzeuhl wrote:And I mean, if you want to talk about deliberately misleading, look at your own posts:
AceofSpaces wrote: 1. Normal Lynch is obviously the most "civie friendly" option because it keeps the most control in the hands of the most people.
2. I put "civie friendly" in quotes because the Normal lynch option is also completely safe for baddies. Baddies don't lose anything from picking it. It doesn't put them in any disadvantage at all.
Every other option gave a potential easily-exploitable advantage to the baddies, so Normal Lynch is equivalent to a disadvantage for them. Your entire reasoning to support L/Light was based on fallacious arguing, as is your reasoning to try and paint blame on me. Any gameable system will automatically favour the team that will know more of their teammates
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:If that's the best case you can come up with, you're not going to manage to lynch a civ today like you so badly want to
What?
I defend myself from DH/him, and at the same time level my own accusations, he responds by saying "im gonna lynch u now" instead of defending himself, what are you asking about? Aceofspades is:

L/Light supporter
low poster
sharing other people's ideas exclusively - without even going back to the original "suspicious" posts

it's not concrete but it's multiple pings - lynching baddies consistently is about either an obvious slip (there have been none yet by anybody) or behaviour recognition over the course of several days.

If I have time this evening I'll read back through the thread and determine which people aceofspades is pulling theories from (be nice if he had used quotes instead of barely rephrasing) - if they are similarly L/Light supporters with other pings, I'm probably on to something here.

As I said before, keeping an eye on people who do something isn't remotely the same thing as lynching somebody for doing something - which is what DH and AceOfSpades are bother trying to do. The game isn't the simplistic - not if you want to win. Flag it and continue playing, vote the players with the most flags.
triceratopzeuhl wrote:(so many posts in a row) in addition,

1. if Aceofspades' only reasoning for voting L/Light was fun, why did he bother to make a list later of why it's "good?"
AceofSpaces wrote:My reasoning is that it is the more fun option.
AceofSpaces wrote:I like to have fun when I play games. The Light/L option is the most fun. Thus I voted for it. There are no other motives for my vote. Don't over think it, we're only on Day 0.
followed by this one - which as I mention above is faulty reasoning anyway

2. Know what's fun? Winning. Baddies want the best chance of winning for the best chance of "having fun"
I mentioned Trice twice. In passing, even. I said that I found one of his post suspicious and later that he was on his way to earning my vote. What was his response? Did he defend himself or explain his actions? No. He went on a tirade in which he tried to paint me as the bad guy. It's not even a particularly well put together case, which brings me to my last point about mafia.

Mafia have a hard time making cases of their own. For a civie, it's easier to make a case against someone because civie's don't know who's who. With mafia, it's not that easy. Mafia know who's innocent, and who's on their team. Even in a game with independents, a mafia still knows that there is a good chance the person he's trying to make a case against is innocent. This means they have to lie. They have to take post out of context, as Trice tried to do above. For your easy reference, here is the post I made which in Trice's eyes makes me confirmed baddie.
AceofSpaces wrote: You suggest that the L/Light option is where the baddies would vote. And boo suggest that I voted that option in order to fly low. But I put to you that Light and his follows and the other baddies would more than likely vote for the "Normal Lynch". "Normal Lynch" is the safe option. It doesn't rustle any feathers, and if anything that's the option that someone would go for if they wanted to fly low. Lets walk through the thought process of a baddie on day 0. Here is my thought process.

1. Normal Lynch is obviously the most "civie friendly" option because it keeps the most control in the hands of the most people.
2. I put "civie friendly" in quotes because the Normal lynch option is also completely safe for baddies. Baddies don't lose anything from picking it. It doesn't put them in any disadvantage at all.
2. The baddies probably assume that most people ill want to keep lynches normal, rather than risk a new mechanic.
3. Baddies like to blend in with the crowd. So they will either vote with the group, or throw their vote away on one of the other shitty options.
4. This has the added benefit of baddies being able to fall back on this silly day 0 poll as a flimsy defense further on in the game. "Oh no, I can't be bad. Remember I voted to keep the lynches normal and safe?"
5. They also get the advantage of having a pool of scape goats to go after from the people who voted for L/Light lynches.

So given all that, why the hell would a baddie vote for L/Light lynches? That's a stupid move for them and the exact opposite of laying low. It makes much more sense to look at the people voting for normal lynches and/or the people tossing their votes away on options that clearly wont win.

Added for Mata: Yes, totally agree. Can't wait to get some.

Added for Boo: Seriously? What are you on about? I promise you, if I ever vote for someone and justify it with " lol so fun" you can all lynch me no questions ask. That is such a ridiculous leap boo.

As you can see, I didn't make that post to show why L/Light was good, as Trice mistakenly suggested. But when you're mafia, the facts tend to get in the way of your narrative, so we can forgive Trice for this.

Or they have to rely on other people to make the case, and subtly support that case, regardless of how flimsy it might be
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
boo wrote:@Zomberella, re the earlier conversation. Boomslang and Ace = exactly the type of potential baddie L/Light voters I had in mind in this post. They've both come in, made vague statements about how it's a superior option without making any effort to add to the discussion or address the counter-arguments in any meaningful way. It's low effort choice making, and the fact that people are willing to come in and vote against a normal lynch in that style makes me think either 1) they're bad and want to fly low or 2) They work as fantastic examples as the kind of people I think having as L could potentially screw everything up. I don't mean 2) in a mean way, I just mean that if L/Light wins, L has to deep enough into the discussion so people know what that player is thinking, without doing it such a way that it becomes obvious who they are. Otherwise, there is no useful information to be learned for the other civvies, because everything would be essentially random from their perspective.

Nailed it. This + Rob's post are the number one reasons to look closely at L/Light voters in the next few days
I've made this point before, but I'll make it again. Trice was trying to subtly shift everyone's attention to the L/Light voters without actually getting his hands dirty. He can deny that all he wants, but his quote speaks for itself. And unlike him, I don't have to ignore the context and over half the content of his post to show that.

Now, I know that's a lot to read, so I'm going to end the post there, and start a new post showing off all the other fun mafia slip ups Trice has had.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am used to quiet Aces. This is... :omg:
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

Here's a neat little pair of quotes from Trice.
triceratopzeuhl wrote:I was going to defend her because I thought she had been away most of day 0, but she did post two indecisive non-committing posts over 3-4 hours, before voting L/Light without posting
triceratopzeuhl wrote:"defend" is a bad word, I never actively defend people, just share my opinion on them
Those post were made within a minute of each other. While they don't immediately scream "baddie", I do find it odd that Trice felt the need to correct himself. Why does he need to stress that he wouldn't actually "defend" anyone? To me this goes back to mafia being paranoid and worried that every little thing they say is going to be used to find them out. I can see Trice sitting there going "Shit, why'd I say defend. Now they'll think I'm on her team. Got to play it cool, got to blend in."

I also want to point out these series of post
triceratopzeuhl wrote:I'm pleased to see no lynch votes yet, unlike last game I played
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I meant the game of mafia, in the broader sense, since this is the first time I'm playing with Zomberella and apparently her second game overall.
oh I thought you meant the game of life

WELCOME TO ADULTHOOD I HOPE YOU BROUGHT PAINKILLERS
triceratopzeuhl wrote:well I just got !votebanned for winning too bad at Team Fortress so I'm back here. How's going?
triceratopzeuhl wrote:Isn't Epignosis an English teacher? If he's obtuse, it's probably force of habit.
triceratopzeuhl wrote:I meant to use sarcasm colour there but forgot
triceratopzeuhl wrote:We could sit here and speculate all day but either way we still need to kill the kiras. If we do that and don't win yet we can deal with it then
That is the series of post Trice made before I mentioned I was suspicious of him. He's just posting for the sake of posting. Nothing he's saying is in any way helpful or does it further the conversation. He's just trying to inflate his post count to make it look like he's participating while at the same time not making any waves. It's only after I called him suspicious that he comes out with his hasty and ill thought out case against me. And he accused me of being a low poster. Quality over quantity, Trice.

Added for Epi: I'm happy to surprise you.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 198

Post by S~V~S »

I think I might give Llama a heart attack, but I think I am considering a vote for a lower poster, Someone I would expect to have had more to say, but who has not stepped up to the plate. Although the plate has been rather crowded for Day One :clap:

Because if I was a baddie, I don't know that I would be making aggressive cases, because the baddie I catch might be a teammate. It would be awesome cred, but I dunno, living teammates are more awesome than cred.

Also, @ MP~ is a knowledge of Death Note necessary to effectively play this game?

A lot about how I feel re the Russti theory depends on this answer. If MP says you don't need it, then someone being possible role silenced (which I have never heard of role wise, but it is not impossible, I guess) as it relates to the title of one episode of this show, that involves 2 bad characters (as well as others according to Rico) seems tenuous at best.

It would be a hindrance to gameplay to have to Google stuff all the time to try out a theory.

Although when i Googles "list of Death Note Episodes" one of them is called "Makeshift" and it is focused on the Yotsuba group.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

*Googled
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

So, from this wellspring of discussion and suspicion and theories and back and forths, you come away wanting to vote for a low poster? :eye:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote: Also, @ MP~ is a knowledge of Death Note necessary to effectively play this game?
No, never. I feel very strongly about this.

As in any other game I host, I always like to heavily ground my mafia games in their themes as well as try to structure the game around the theme as much as I can, in order to keep the "feel" of the theme I'm utilizing. But absolutely no knowledge of the theme is necessary to play it, and having such knowledge may allow one to speculate more easily, but it gives such players no advantage.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote:So, from this wellspring of discussion and suspicion and theories and back and forths, you come away wanting to vote for a low poster? :eye:
No, that is not what I said. What I said was that I want to vote for someone I would expect to talk more but that is not talking.

Because I don't think the baddies would be making aggressive cases since they don't have BTSC.

And Thank You, MP :)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

EBWOP, so therefore, I doubt all you guys ripping at each other are bad.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:So, from this wellspring of discussion and suspicion and theories and back and forths, you come away wanting to vote for a low poster? :eye:
What's suspicious about that? It seems very sensible to me. I have personally found all the verbose squabbling very unproductive.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
What's suspicious about that? It seems very sensible to me. I have personally found all the verbose squabbling very unproductive.
With the mechanics of this game, like I said, if I were bad, I would be sitting back eating bon bons & drinking a glass of wine while all of you guys pummelled each other to bits. In this game, I don;t see the percentage in baddies playing an aggressive game. Unless you WIFOM it, which is also possible.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:
No, that is not what I said. What I said was that I want to vote for someone I would expect to talk more but that is not talking.

Because I don't think the baddies would be making aggressive cases since they don't have BTSC.

Anyone specific?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:

No problem. :)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Russ is a low poster. Just sayin. :ninja:
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

thellama73 wrote:
What would you find productive?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

AceofSpaces wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I'll know it when I see it. :D

I've found posts from most people other than Epi and DH pretty productive.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I'll know it when I see it. :D

I've found posts from most people other than Epi and DH pretty productive.
:confused:

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Anyone specific?
Not yet~ it is harder to find people who have NOT said much; I am not talking traditional low posters, I am talking people that we would expect to find in the thick of it. And here I was thinking you would be pleased I was not after you, and I got an :eye: instead :pout: (MY FAVE SMILEY EVER OF ALL TIMES, Squeeeeee!!!!)

It is also hard to have an original thought when all this finger pointing is going on, and "You said 'did', not 'done' " and similar fine points of debate going on.

From Day 0, the three people I most recall are boo, Epi & DH. You all made good arguments, but you three are also the three players in this game most capable, imo, of talking the Pope into converting to Islam. Since then, most of what I have seen is telescoping molehills into mountains, including Aces (Aces! Posting! Yay!) v. Trice. I have never seen Trice as an aggressive baddie, but I would like Beas opinion on this. Because today he seemed to somehow find himself at the bottom of a barrel of rhetoric from multiple sources.

I read all of that, 1.5 hours of my life I will never get back (and at my age, every hour counts). And I still would like the tl;dr version from both Aces & Trice. If possible to indulge me :grin: Because I am seeing molehills, not Everest.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Going to bed soon and yes, not finding another novel chapter worth of dialogue and banter in the morning would be nice for a change.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I would never try to convince the Pope to convert to Islam.

Getting laid?

:nicenod:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I don't think that would be as hard of a sell :p
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Llama seems a bit off. I might vote for him.
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

Here is my Tl;dr

Trice started this day making a bunch of fluff post, then when I said I was suspicious of him he wigged out and responded in a manner consistent with mafia members (over defensive, using flimsy evidence to try and discredit me, taking my post out of context to conjure up a poor case)

Though I would prefer you took the time to read the whole case. I put a lot effort into it. :)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thank You~! I did read it; I guess you did not read my whole post :)

I just wanted the synopsis because, lets face it, a lot of people are NOT going to read the whole thing, and at times the whole thing got bogged down with semantics & minutiae, from both directions. Sometimes a concise statement can make more impact.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

EBWOP, and I know I understand better in small, digestible bits.
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

S~V~S wrote:EBWOP, and I know I understand better in small, digestible bits.
Totally fine by me. I find myself skimming long post as well. I was actually really nervous making such a long post because, after all that's happened, I feel strongly that Trice is mafia but I also know people have only so much time that they can dedicate to reading these post.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

AceofSpaces wrote:
S~V~S wrote:EBWOP, and I know I understand better in small, digestible bits.
Totally fine by me. I find myself skimming long post as well. I was actually really nervous making such a long post because, after all that's happened, I feel strongly that Trice is mafia but I also know people have only so much time that they can dedicate to reading these post.
Well, I plan to reread it now, knowing where it is going helps. I want beas opinion on him, too. They have been bad bts more than once, including on the Residents from the first Avant game; the game where MP had a whole SECRET BADDIE TEAM.

Imagine that :)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And by "it" I mean the whole conversation, not just the one post.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:Llama seems a bit off. I might vote for him.
Right back at ya, there Champ.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

:smoky:
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Caught up, but I don't feel there's a niche anywhere in conversation for me to fill as of yet.
I agree with SVS, while I did read the entirety of DH v Epi and Ace v Trice, I think it would help me during a reread if i knew where the arguments were going while reading. Personally, I feel like DH and Trice are arguing past each other on the "Good" remark, so if a third party could reframe that, both for my own understanding, and the mutual understanding of Dh and Trice, that'd be awesome.

Not a ping, but honestly, I expected Llama to take a bigger role in conversation thus far.

Epi, You said that ace is normally a quiet player, having never played with him, can you elaborate further?

also, play style reads on DP, Meta, Zomba, Boo, Trice, and Snowman would be nice if someone would like to offer them.
Pov: you reading my takes
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

I'm all about that bass ('bout that bass) because I don't believe that random vote was random, and while I don't doubt that him not being able to be around caused him to vote early, I do doubt that the vote was truly random when it managed to land on Trice, who by that point was taking flak and was (and continues to be) one of several people I think a mafia member not wanting to risk missing the vote but also not wanting to waste their vote would vote for.

Now alone, that wouldn't be enough to warrant attention (at least in this D1 mine field)... BUT which option did bass vote for? Normal. Ok good, right? No, because which voter was he? The 11th. How many votes did L/Light have? 9 (total and when bass voted, he was the 26th voter overall after SD was the 25th overall when she voted for L/Light).

How many posts does bass have? 4.

What do they say?

"Real happy this game started." Ok, sure.

"I voted normal lynch." I mean, it is the right option, but literally nothing else, no quote even using other peoples ideas. The very essence of low effort.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:So given all that, why the hell would a baddie vote for L/Light lynches? That's a stupid move for them and the exact opposite of laying low. It makes much more sense to look at the people voting for normal lynches and/or the people tossing their votes away on options that clearly wont win.
Because WIFOM.

Today's discussion has been enjoyable, but I think that behavior after the gameplay has been decided will prove more useful.
I agree.
Then this one. Ok, thank you for that very useful insight.

Then there's the vote post where he apologizes for having to vote now (I buy) and says he's voting randomly (I don't buy).

The first three posts are nothing. I think they were there because Bass is mafia, wants to fly low, but doesn't want to be at the bottom of the list when we look at total posts (and guess what, with 4 posts he's currently sitting with 7 people with the same or fewer posts, a nice buffer from being to far down in case people look at low posters, while still flying low).

No treble.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Made wrote:Caught up, but I don't feel there's a niche anywhere in conversation for me to fill as of yet.
I agree with SVS, while I did read the entirety of DH v Epi and Ace v Trice, I think it would help me during a reread if i knew where the arguments were going while reading. Personally, I feel like DH and Trice are arguing past each other on the "Good" remark, so if a third party could reframe that, both for my own understanding, and the mutual understanding of Dh and Trice, that'd be awesome.

Not a ping, but honestly, I expected Llama to take a bigger role in conversation thus far.

Epi, You said that ace is normally a quiet player, having never played with him, can you elaborate further?

also, play style reads on DP, Meta, Zomba, Boo, Trice, and Snowman would be nice if someone would like to offer them.
DP: Zen, quiet. Zomba & Snowman, new~ this is their first full game. They played/are playing the unconventional speed game where pretty much everyone has BTS, so they could be lost as this game is VERY different from that one. boo~ very astute, intense. Not a puller of punches. Trice has only played a handful of games, but they were all/mostly MP games. Bea knows his game best, as I said before.

Mata always has a unique perspective and sees things in ways that make her opinion valuable, but she has an unpredictability factor, so I would rather hear more than less from her, just to get a gauge on her.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Made wrote:Epi, You said that ace is normally a quiet player, having never played with him, can you elaborate further?
I don't know what else I can say. He's normally a quiet player. He isn't now. I was bad with him in Cards Against Humanity and he had 54 posts the entire game. I hosted him in Masters of the Universe, in which he was good, and he had 40 posts.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

I'm not sure who Meta is, I thought it might refer to Metalmarsh, or to me with a typo. But I'm not sure- Aces said something to me in a post earlier, and I thought he was referring to a beer. then he ebwopped it to Meta. Is there a meta and a mata in this game?

For the player who asked (if you meant me) I'm usually quiet in the first couple of days because I'm so busy reading people and making notes. But I tend to come out of my shell a bit by night 2-day 3ish. The impressions I'm gathering mean nothing to me at this point, but might later on. I doubt they would mean anything to anyone else either, but I will share them if anyone wants me to. :noble:

Return to “Previous Jobs”