Moderator: Community Team

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:Here's a lore-mechanics question: how do we get the Death Note out of Kira's hands? It sounds like it should be possible.
A death note is owned by someone until he dies, or he willingly gives it up. Even if someone takes it, the death note still belongs to the original owner.

And yes, I would imagine it's possible, especially since the third Kira does not have one, but can obtain one.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I read Mata's post and then that's the impression I got from it. :shrug2:
What about her post gave you this impression?
It seemed to me that she is/was more interested in what players of certain alignments might be up to than she is in actually catching baddies.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

boo wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:It's entirely possible and extremely likely that Russ has a role that gained something by staying silent on Day 1. What I don't really know at this point is what role that would be. My best guess, X Kira, is clearly wrong.
My problem now with it being role related is that since we now know the roles of living players are going to be revealed over time or when conditions are met or whatever, is that if that is in a role it would out him when that role gets revealed, while outting him as not certain roles (like X Kira) as they are revealed. That seems really weird to me, especially because there is no ambivalence about it, he's the only person who didn't post, we didn't have like 3 or 4 people who could each have a role with something similar.
We don't know that roles will be revealed over time. Where does it say that?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matahari wrote:Players seem extremely out of character, and its making me crazy. er. I've pondered whether TH and Llama were just doing something kind of cliche, like they have bts and both are safe from dying, but that doesn't make sense. Its too old school plus why even draw attention to themselves or each other.
Who in particular is acting out of character, and what about their character has changed?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I think Llama is bad for the following reasons.
Why do you say "the following reasons" when you linked "some previous reasons"?
Didn't you already almost get modkilled for asking stupid questions? :flamed:
:suspish: touche

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

Turnip Head wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I read Mata's post and then that's the impression I got from it. :shrug2:
It seemed to me that she is/was more interested in what players of certain alignments might be up to than she is in actually catching baddies.
Baddies hunt baddies. Civvies prefer to be more careful.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matahari wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
I was under the impression it was that other way around.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

n this game especially, I think it is the other way around. :srsnod:
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Matahari wrote:Players seem extremely out of character, and its making me crazy. er. I've pondered whether TH and Llama were just doing something kind of cliche, like they have bts and both are safe from dying, but that doesn't make sense. Its too old school plus why even draw attention to themselves or each other.
Who in particular is acting out of character, and what about their character has changed?
Turnip and Llama, Russ, Epi maybe, and according to other ppl I have no reason yet to mistrust, FZ. As far as how they are different? I am used to seeing civvie TH, who is very wise. And Llama is usually more assertive, and also wise. Neither seems to be very wise yet.

Russ, gee, seems like he did something weird... with Epi, I expect all kinds of weird, but its usually followed up with some kind of reasonable explanation.

Therefore, I'm not going to try to find explanations for any of them, because its wasting my time. Everytime I try to go back and reread one of them, or make connections somewhere, I come back to the page and see 2 more pages of posts. Spinning wheels.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I don't notice much difference out of llama or TH myself. Russ, sure but mainly because of the not posting bit. Epi, maybe a little.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Matahari wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
I was under the impression it was that other way around.
Baddies like to hunt baddies openly because it makes them look good. Civvies want the baddies lynched, but have to be really sure not to kill a civvie by mistake.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Civves like to hunt baddies openly because that is their objective. Baddies prefer to be careful so to not get caught.

Well, I guess we're both right.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

well, I will start rereading a few ppl tomorrow that I haven't reread yet, but for tonight, I'm tired.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Golden »

I'm watching you all... just in case.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

At the risk of sounding even more not in the midst of things "like you expect FZ", what has been revealed, and what is everyone talking about when asking about Epi and the eye?

DharmaHelper wrote:I'm hearing a lot of "This is not typical FZ." not so much "This is not typical civ FZ." can anyone reconcile the two for me?
This!! Has anyone really played with me when baddie? I wasn't a baddie here except for one game here where people voted for me because I was on a team with MP who went after me on the first day and everyone said he goes after his own team? I was lynched the second day and not because people really thought I was acting like a baddie, but because of MP.
Go and check the games you people lynched me as a civ, and see that the reasons were "I was being too defensive" and all that crap.

Bea is my new suspicion. I haven't thought about this before, but lately, every time I read a post by her, it seems as though she's not bringing anything of her own. First it was Trice. People were waiting to hear from her, because apparently she was supposed to know his game really well. This is what she said
bea wrote:
I'm still like 6 or 7 pages behind, but at the moment, as much as I love tricey - I am leaning toward thinking Aces is on to something. For me, it's the misrepresentation of Aces's vote post that's really hard for me to get past.
Then she gives her last evaluation of the day, claiming, just as I have, that Trice is looking elsewhere while Aces is focused only on Trice, and she doesn't feel comfortable voting for either. She says basically nothing of substance on anyone else, and says exactly what someone else (don't remember who) said about me on contemplating voting for Snowman and Zombarella and not seeing me do much.
bea wrote:Finally caught up - reading through here's my thinking:

1) Tricey and Aces - I have a hard time see how tricey doesn't see his quote as misrepresenting what Aces was saying - cuz that's how it read to me as well. That said, he has been looking at other things besides just aces which gives me some decent feelings about him. Aces, while more vocal than he has been of late, does seem pretty lazor focused on tricey and just tricey - there's lots going on. I get being passionate and sure you are right, but wow! Not sure if I feel comfortable voting for either of them.

2) Interesting observations about teefies. I tend to always suspect him for stuff and I'm only right sometimes. I could see voting for him just for his Dr Wo slip up...

3) I have LITERALLY no idea why llama has 3 votes already. TH's isn't really explained, LC never explained why either and BR said she was voting someone else who appears to be no where near Llama on the poll. To top that off, llama's seemed pretty ok to me.

4) I could actually see myself voting FZ. Her focus on Snowman and Zombra seems odd given their neweness to a wonky full game. "Not baddie hunting" feels very pot and kettle from FZ as I've not really seen her do much but try to wiggle out of being caught saying odd things and the whole Zombra not baddie hunting thing.
She voted like 4 minutes before the lynch ended, well after Trice's lynch was secured. Her reasons for voting me were practically the same as my reasons for thinking of voting Snowman and Zombarella.

Then, there are a few more posts where she says things, but in fact, say nothing. like this one:
bea wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I just have a hard time believing that MP would give a baddie a role that would be so easy to detect by not being able to post.
I get what you are saying here and I agree with it llama.

I also agree with Epi that it's more than odd that Rusty isn't posting in here.

I just don't know if that makes him bad or what that makes him. *Something* is going on with Rusty, I just can't figure out what it is.

linki- also what MM said. Isn't there any civ role that could have that sort of description/secret

more linki- I'm always curious as to how missed voters would answer that. Dunno that it changes my mind, I just like to hear how their brains are working. So you are going with "IDK how I would have voted but here's my current thoughts on people" then FZ? I just want to make sure I'm reading the jist of it correctly.

more linki. posting anyway.
and this. Lots of questions but no actual baddie hunting.
bea wrote:TH voted llama pretty quick day 1 with no reason why too. :(

Wotchyouthinkin' TH?

Boo - that's a good question. Do you find anything odd in the people who answered epi as well?

linki - ok TH you think llama is a bad llama - any reason why?

And she's only going after me once again, even though she admits she's never seen my baddie game
bea wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I'm hearing a lot of "This is not typical FZ." not so much "This is not typical civ FZ." can anyone reconcile the two for me?

I wish I could, but I don't really recall her being a baddie in a game we played together. I know I replaced her as a baddie in a game on K-site, but I'm not gonna lie, that game was so close to over, I did the baddie move of saying I was catching up but never really doing it.
To conclude, because this is a long post:
1. She's using other's suspicions not giving anything of her own.
2. Her reasoning for going after me are the same as what she's accused me of doing, not to mention she keeps saying how I supposedly play, yet she's never seen me as a baddie.
3. She's asking a lot of questions but not saying anything conclusive apart from her "gut feeling" about me. It's like she seems right in the middle of things, but it feels not genuine
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Spacedaisy »

I see Zomb asked about me. I was working, I just finished catching up on the thread. I don't think Epi's eye comment is any indication.anyone who knows MP knows that he tries to form his games to the theme as closely as he can. It's one of those things he and I have discussed in a meta sense because I'm the exact opposite, I like to use the theme as a loose structure and let the game develop in whatever direction it will, determined by the player choices. Anyway, all that to say the eye deal being in the game is not even remotely surprising and I expected the same. So I don't find Epi suspect because of it. Especially since he clearly is doing a watch of the whole series, I just assumed he had just come to that part or something.

However, did all the major players make some kind of pact to act as weird as possible? Llama, TH, Russ, Epi, even Aces. You all are so far off the norm I don't even know what to think of it.

Well mostly, someone said something about TH wanting to be lynched (BWT?), which I believe I mentioned before myself. Or if I didn't, I was thinking about it. I'm tired, so I can't remember too well at the moment. I suspect lynching him will either bring him some benefit, or will prove useless to us. I can't see any reason to lynch him right now because of this.

I think it's interesting to see BWT as engaged as he has seemed in his posts, it's been a while since I've seen this from him, and those are some meaty posts, not sure what to make of this.

LC, where are you? I know you are playing but I don't recall much of what you have said. Maybe it's the over the top posting from others that is making your contributions escape me, but it worries me a bit. I'm not even sure how your posting sits as far as high/low or whatever. Need to read you again I think.

Trice, I'm sorry I was wrong, but at the same time I saw you misquoting me and it just looked so manipulative, I felt like you were the best bet. Meh. :sigh:

No death is always welcome! Epi, you seem convinced MP had received all his PMs but I didn't see anything to suggest that, what led you to this conclusion?

On a side note I am traveling back to Ohio tomorrow, my grandmother is dying and I want to spend time with her while I can. So, my participation will be different than normal. I'll either be too busy or I will have more free time on my hands than I anticipate now. I can't tell which. But I wanted to give you guys the heads up. Now I should go check out these revealed role secrets I haven't even taken time to look at yet.... Who knew mafia was so much work??

On second thought I have an early flight. I'll read the role secrets during my layover in Dallas. Night all!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

llama, you seemed convinced TH was bad. What happened to that suspicion that you're now going with Snowman?

Spacedaisy, I said the same thing about LC.
As for BWT, from what I've played with him, a more engaged and active BWT is a baddie BWT. So in my eyes, it doesn't bode well for him...

I won't be around starting this afternoon until Saturday night my time. I'm never here
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 198

Post by S~V~S »

juliets wrote:TH, I want to sort out what people see in Snowman and re-read FZ. It seems like the case on FZ. is more meta and I don't recall if I've ever seen her bad. So I'll re-read her posts and see if I see anything there. I'm not looking at DH, Epi, boo, you or SVS at this time but there are a lot of people that are just sitting there with a question mark for me. Depending on what happens tomorrow I'll re-read some others as well. I'm not convinced about anyone right now.
FZ was bad in the Hobbit iirc. I recall her talking fairly extensively (maybe in a post game?) About how she dislikes being bad and isn't good at it. So there must have been another since I modded Hobbit, didn't play it. One of the speed games? Maybe one of the games I played at Ksite? Prolly not since I seem to recall it in a post game context.

I am sure she can tell me. She is seeming a bit more like her civvie self at this time, so I am stepping back from *probably voting* to *watching*.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

S~V~S wrote:
juliets wrote:TH, I want to sort out what people see in Snowman and re-read FZ. It seems like the case on FZ. is more meta and I don't recall if I've ever seen her bad. So I'll re-read her posts and see if I see anything there. I'm not looking at DH, Epi, boo, you or SVS at this time but there are a lot of people that are just sitting there with a question mark for me. Depending on what happens tomorrow I'll re-read some others as well. I'm not convinced about anyone right now.
FZ was bad in the Hobbit iirc. I recall her talking fairly extensively (maybe in a post game?) About how she dislikes being bad and isn't good at it. So there must have been another since I modded Hobbit, didn't play it. One of the speed games? Maybe one of the games I played at Ksite? Prolly not since I seem to recall it in a post game context.

I am sure she can tell me. She is seeming a bit more like her civvie self at this time, so I am stepping back from *probably voting* to *watching*.
Nope, I only played one baddie game on this site, and one indie. Go ask my K-site friends how I am when I'm bad. They'll probably tell you I act even more aggressively than I do when a civ (like I try to hard)
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

FZ. wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Nope, I only played one baddie game on this site, and one indie. Go ask my K-site friends how I am when I'm bad. They'll probably tell you I act even more aggressively than I do when a civ (like I try to hard)
Willow you were indy, right?

I will take your word for that, perhaps it is the fact that you accuse other people of being bad for the way you have been acting, and I know I tend to suspect people for doing the things I do when i am bad, or would do, unless they have a fairly distinctive game, as you do. I will have to look for that discussion where you talked about being a baddie, just for my own satisfaction.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also, why are people saying TH must have a forced vote? He voted for Llama yesterday too, and without much preamble as I recall.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote:No death is always welcome! Epi, you seem convinced MP had received all his PMs but I didn't see anything to suggest that, what led you to this conclusion?
Not convinced- under the impression.
Spacedaisy wrote:On a side note I am traveling back to Ohio tomorrow, my grandmother is dying and I want to spend time with her while I can.
:(
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

Mata is completely wrong about civvies being more careful than baddies and she has also apparently never played a game with me before.

FZ, I still suspect Turnip Head, albeit slightly less than I did yesterday, but I think it is necessary to rattle Snowman out of his cocoon of barely posting, non-serious hijinks before the trail goes cold. He is the person I most suspect today, so that is why he got my vote. I voted early in order to make a splash and get people talking about him, which I think needs to happen more.

I also like your suspicion of Bea. That kind of posting always pings me too.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:On a side note I am traveling back to Ohio tomorrow, my grandmother is dying and I want to spend time with her while I can.

---

Catching up a bit:

I also treated the Eye Deal subject as a potential secret trait and did ask at that time if we were just talking canon or making implications, but nobody answered. The discussion back then wasn't really that relaxed as to believe Epig's question was lighthearted. On the other hand, if he really wanted to test people's reaction, I don't see why anyone in their right mind would respond anything other than "No"; they'd basically draw suspicion on being one of the Kiras, otherwise. Not sure I want to weigh this happening too much on Epig's potential case, overall.

BWT's assumption that TH is Ryuk seems like a stretch to me. First of all, I tend to believe all three Shinigami's will have been given the same conditions for unlynchability, since their roles do contain the common "no harm, detection from humans not possessing the DN". Second, why would a Shinigami-player, who can survive two lynches before outing himself, want to out himself in advance by playing the invincible, brazen card? I know Epig played it in Donner and he proved to be bad, but I doubt it would be the explanation of such behaviour every single time, from every player.

That being said, my read of BWT's hunting behaviour is this, based on the one game I played with him so far - and he was civ there: active and decisive, his whole case can be one-sided, but is usually argumented (up to quoting much and making a conclusion out of it); first time he did, he startled the other players and it got him lynched; second time, he ended up killing a civvie (incidentally, TH :p). So he's error-prone, but not necessarily baddie for this sort of thing. In this game, I didn't think his behaviour was that atypical, regarding Trice, but I find it less typical now by challenging TH and Russ and reasoning only afterwards, based on their answers. So, overall, I think I'll keep an eye on BWT as well.

So far inclined to vote Snowman, as well, unless if major changes will occur. Big, obvious lay-low gameplay from him so far, total bandwagon vote for Trice if I recall correctly, but even more underwhelming in his reactions to people suspecting/questioning him.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:Mata is completely wrong about civvies being more careful than baddies and she has also apparently never played a game with me before.

FZ, I still suspect Turnip Head, albeit slightly less than I did yesterday, but I think it is necessary to rattle Snowman out of his cocoon of barely posting, non-serious hijinks before the trail goes cold. He is the person I most suspect today, so that is why he got my vote. I voted early in order to make a splash and get people talking about him, which I think needs to happen more.

I also like your suspicion of Bea. That kind of posting always pings me too.
I'm looking through Snowman's posts here and elsewhere. In Donner, Snowman's 4th post was a suspicion (of me on Night 0), and his sixth post was analytical (on Day 1). His first post on Day 2 was another suspicion. Yeah, there's some jokey filler, but early in Donner, Snowman's posts had (heh) meat. I won't go further than Day 2 since we're only in Day 2 here.

To contrast that with Snowman's contribution here, there is almost nothing of substance and no positions taken. In Donner, Snowman was the first to vote for a bad guy (me) but in Death Note, Snowman was the last to vote for a good guy (Trice); what makes this look even worse for me is this:
Snowman wrote:Thank you Zomberella and SVS. I have no idea if either of you are bad or not, but you boiled down your take on all the players in one post, and I appreciate it. I frankly don't have the time to comb through a couple hundred episodes of "Trice Yells at Everyone" every day. I'll offer my insight and contribute what I can, but I don't see the "discussion" coalescing around anyone in particular. All I see is argument ad nauseum around the D0 poll.

I'm happy to see so many involved, but how do you find so much to talk about when literally nothing has happened yet? The most earth-shattering event so far is the realization that Russ hasn't posted anything.
Emphasis mine. Snowman evidently didn't read the pleas of the person for whom he voted, and his Wile E. Coyote image indicates that he just voted to avoid potential punishment.

I wonder if this is indicative of a Kira role or a more ambiguously-aligned one, though. I would need to be convinced that it's the former in order to vote there.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Thank you, Robignosis. Good analysis there.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I like the cases on both Bea and Snowman. I was about to bring up Bea myself, and I think Epi did a good job demonstrating that Snowman is playing more carefully than he did in his last game.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Spacedaisy wrote:On a side note I am traveling back to Ohio tomorrow, my grandmother is dying and I want to spend time with her while I can. So, my participation will be different than normal. I'll either be too busy or I will have more free time on my hands than I anticipate now. I can't tell which. But I wanted to give you guys the heads up. Now I should go check out these revealed role secrets I haven't even taken time to look at yet.... Who knew mafia was so much work??

On second thought I have an early flight. I'll read the role secrets during my layover in Dallas. Night all!
Take care over there. Ohio is a dangerous place.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:I like the cases on both Bea and Snowman. I was about to bring up Bea myself, and I think Epi did a good job demonstrating that Snowman is playing more carefully than he did in his last game.
So who are you going to vote? :shifty:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:On a side note I am traveling back to Ohio tomorrow, my grandmother is dying and I want to spend time with her while I can. So, my participation will be different than normal. I'll either be too busy or I will have more free time on my hands than I anticipate now. I can't tell which. But I wanted to give you guys the heads up. Now I should go check out these revealed role secrets I haven't even taken time to look at yet.... Who knew mafia was so much work??

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

@MP: What alignment will Mello take after he leaves the detectives? Canon-wise, I don't see her joining either Yotsuba or Kira sympathizers. :shrug:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:@MP: What alignment will Mello take after he leaves the detectives? Canon-wise, I don't see her joining either Yotsuba or Kira sympathizers. :shrug:
Mello's alignment does not change; he will always be a Detective. The "mafia" he joins is strictly canon, not mafia as in baddie.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

That's really good to know :cloud9:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:@MP: What alignment will Mello take after he leaves the detectives? Canon-wise, I don't see her joining either Yotsuba or Kira sympathizers. :shrug:
Mello's alignment does not change; he will always be a Detective. The "mafia" he joins is strictly canon, not mafia as in baddie.
Ooh, cool. Thanks. I think this is actually the first piece of role info that gets confirmed as flavour rather than meaning anything. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ooh, cool. Thanks. I think this is actually the first piece of role info that gets confirmed as flavour rather than meaning anything. :p
Yes, generally I prefer to vaguely answer such questions, but in this case realized that the ambiguity was perhaps too strong -- certainly more than I intended.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 38

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Russtifinko wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote: I'll be honest. I mostly posted my original post for today in that way because I wanted to see what kinds of reactions I would get out of TH and yourself. I think TH's reaction was very telling in particular.

As for you, I am still curious as to why you did not post at all in the game until now. Care to explain why?
Hmm, telling good or telling bad?

And I can't talk about not talking! That defeats the whole point, man! :wall: ;)

Welp that's it for me tonight, all. I'm going to finish the Death Note anime, and then to bed.
Telling bad up to this point. Need to catch up some more though.

So you won't talk about why you didn't post then. Will you at least say if it was role-related?
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 73

Post by AceofSpaces »

R.I.P No one. I've got five pages to read in order to catch up. After that, I'll post some thoughts.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 38

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Idk if I'm seeing the case on FZ. But then again, it's not like I've paid her a whole lot of attention in this game. I might start looking into that.

Snowman, I wouldn't mind hearing more from you as well. I know some suspect you because of you apparently laying low and refusing to get involved with certain discussions going on. I'd prefer to hear more from you so I can get a better read on you.

I'm starting to think I won't get my questions answered from Russ or TH though. :evileye:
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Questions on snowman:

1) Isn't he new?
2) Didn't everyone in Donner have BTSC?

Because if it's yes to both, a change up in how he's playing in this game isn't surprising at all.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

boo wrote:Questions on snowman:

1) Isn't he new?

Because if it's yes to both, a change up in how he's playing in this game isn't surprising at all.
Oh, I'm not surprised at all.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:I'm starting to think I won't get my questions answered from Russ or TH though. :evileye:
Sorry, what was your question for me?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

1) Isn't he new?

I just re-read snowman and my comment was going to be "isn't anyone who suspects him bothered by the fact that he is brand new?". He did make that coalescing comment and even said he would hop on a bandwagon if the right one came along which doesn't look good, but he's new. Maybe I'm missing something.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Some excellent counterpoints against the Snowman suspicion. I hope we get to hear from the abominable himself.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

1) Isn't he new?

I get that your questions arise from Epig's analysis, but I personally don't see the game comparison relevance as much, since I'm fully suspicious of him in this game.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Spacedaisy »

Epignosis wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:No death is always welcome! Epi, you seem
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

"Ohio has the flavor or a water chestnut..." :P

My layover is actually in Charlotte. Obviously Alex booked these flights on my behalf, lol. I'll go read the role updates now...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:

1) Isn't he new?

I get that your questions arise from Epig's analysis, but I personally don't see the game comparison relevance as much, since I'm fully suspicious of him in this game.
Rico, llama gave me his reason for suspecting Snowman - is your reason any different?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

1) Isn't he new?

Rico, llama gave me his reason for suspecting Snowman - is your reason any different?
No, it's fairly similar. Same post by Snowman's pinged me, but rather the last bit instead of what Llama underlined.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

I just reread Rico, while I had a few minute free. He mentioned that Snow had pinged him on day 1, then later came by and gave Snowman a pass for one day on account of being new. Not too generous there :p Then today he seems to be convinced about Snowman again. Feels a bit shady to me, but I'll ponder it some more.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matahari wrote:I just reread Rico, while I had a few minute free. He mentioned that Snow had pinged him on day 1, then later came by and gave Snowman a pass for one day on account of being new. Not too generous there :p Then today he seems to be convinced about Snowman again. Feels a bit shady to me, but I'll ponder it some more.
No, my mid-point comment was just that Snowman and Zomberella shared the status of new players (in major games, that is) and there were already issues FZ going after Zomba (for several motives, of course, but this one included), so that it would have been bad form to propose Snowman for a vote as well. My suspicions of Trice were unfortunately stronger anyway.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Turnip Head »

For the curious, here is the Snowman post that Rico is referencing, as framed by Rico himself:
Ricochet wrote:This is his problematic post, the last part especially, if you ask me.
Snowman wrote:Thank you Zomberella and SVS. I have no idea if either of you are bad or not, but you boiled down your take on all the players in one post, and I appreciate it. I frankly don't have the time to comb through a couple hundred episodes of "Trice Yells at Everyone" every day. I'll offer my insight and contribute what I can, but I don't see the "discussion" coalescing around anyone in particular. All I see is argument ad nauseum around the D0 poll.

I'm happy to see so many involved, but how do you find so much to talk about when literally nothing has happened yet? The most earth-shattering event so far is the realization that Russ hasn't posted anything.
Even if ignorant or uninvolved, it still made me very wary.

Return to “Previous Jobs”