Denim is expensive in Finland.
29%

Total votes: 14
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 322

Re: [Day 8]: Film Directors.

Post by Ricochet »

Ninja'd by SVS on the same question. Actually I do have an impression based on reading back DF's posts/reasoning, but I want to hear it from him first nevertheless.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Dom wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:Didn't Vomps just replace Roxy??

And Bass is on my list for extreme low-lying, which I pointed out a few days ago.
How much have you played with Bass?
:haha:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Well, nothing has dissuaded me from my DF suspicion, sorry DF!
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Ok my thoughts so far.
1. I really think we need to look at roxy. If you go back and re-read her you will notice that earlier this game she would always vote someone else instead of MM but she always said she found the case on MM to be valid. To me it seems that both her and MM could have been distancing from each other. Would love to hear others thoughts.
2. I need to go back and re-read DF.
3. Canucklehead you sticking up for MM so much really doesn't look. I want to go back and re-read you before making my mind up on you because we all make mistakes.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Also thanks for everyone understanding about what's going on with my RL. Also thanks for all the good vibes and prayers.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

So I'll write down my thoughts on a few things for now and come back in the evening for more and for deciding. After almost three hours spent this afternoon rereading here and writing, I'd rather practice my Brahms for the next few hours and return afterwards.

Regarding DF and Canuck, both cases are truly eloquent, but there's just one tiny bit that's holding me back in either of them. With Canuck, it's the fact that she's aware she looks bad and defenseless in context of everything, just like she acknowledged that she was inconsistent in judging TH. In light of this, I guess I only have to decide if it's a cornered baddie bluff or a genuine civ dread. (From my Donner experience, I know what the latter feels like. :noble: ) As for DF, on his own, going back to the levels of suspicion/frame-up I noted regarding Llama's kill, I'm still not sure why DF would actually want to frame LC for an obvious Llama kill, yet state he believes LC is civ and that he [LC] could be framed. So these are my main doubts that stop me from deciding right now. Maybe others can offer more insight on this.

Also, LC is acting a bit like sitting in a hammock these days and watching everything unfold. I'm aware he'd want to go through with voting for DF, but it's almost like he's taking some distance and letting the others carry on with it.

But back my two thoughts:

1. The lockdowns

In a nutshell, the first one is still confusing as hell. The second, not as much, and it influences me to regard the first one the same way. Which is this: MM did both lockdowns out of self interest. On D5, he probably wanted to vote for SVS the most, but doing so and then locking the thread and getting her lynched would probably have been the worst option for him and he likely didn't have much faith in anyone else (not even his teammates) jumping on SVS's one vote. As for waiting for other lynches to shape up (such as Made's), maybe he feared it was too close and that at any moment, if anyone would have voted for him, the others would have seen his lynch as a better one to go with. There were very undecisive vote reasonings for Made until the lockdown happened. One spark and it could have been him instead. Even SVS noted that, until TH made his now famous Made case, MM was under the heat. As for the second lockdown, if it was also in self-interest, then maybe he was actually foiled by the mods/Host due to the thread never being unlocked before the poll ended and thus he didn't manage to create any more chaos, confusion or even a turn-around.

2. The potential teammate relation between him and Canuck/DF

Even as a baddie, MM has nevertheless concluded his game as a very active player with a solid game of confronting with most players (and automatically getting suspected for it) rather than taking sides. Which is what makes me wonder why he would not make sure, in the frankly high likelihood of being lynched, that things aren't obvious enough as to immediately drag his teammates with him as well. To translate: if Canuck is his teammate, why would he never instruct her BTS to ease down on her "MM is good, boo everyone suspecting him" posts? if DF is his teammate, why would he lock down the thread with the both of them on trial, knowing the suspicions on DF could resume or even be aggravated the following day?

It's already known how much Canuck defended MM and SVS already brought up the quotes, so I won't add anything more to it. Once AP flipped civ, she never managed to surpass the feeling that MM isn't guilty of anything. MM, on the other hand, never really interracted with her that much in the thread, with minor exceptions. Neither defensive, nor judgemental of her gameplay. Total distance, but with no implications. Plus, there was that time when he wondered in the thread why Canuck was silenced or if she by any chance was hit by Cukor's "romantic" powers. If they were teammates, I don't see much purpose in faking such questions.

DF and MM, on the other hand, were in stark and definitive distance from each other throughout the whole game so far. DF quit seeing what MM was seeing in Roxy/SVS after D4. He started re-reading MM and at first concluded he's a civ, but then changed his mind. MM also started questioning him after his Vomps vote, re-reading DF as well after that, acting pinged by DF suspecting him of something on D5 (but apparently he misread that), then already affirming his complete distrust in DF and fully suspecting him for all the things DF was already suspected - his last words to the thread being "lynch DF instead of me, but if you lynch me, lynch DF the next way anyway". This, to me, can read in two ways: DF and MM are teammates but have decided to go with a complete, obvious break-up in gaming - or - DF and MM are not teammates, but MM was sure of DF being a baddie in the other team and antagonized him as such.

So in terms of pure "teammateship", I think if Canuck and MM are teammates, they made a complete mess of not drawing attention, but if DF and MM are teammates, they made a pretty good distancing act over this game. If neither are true, however, I have no other read on Canuck to suspect her (well, except her TH case push), while the charges on DF still linger more.

linki: where, there goes LC proving my point

linki Bass
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 228

Post by Canucklehead »

I voted DF b/c I'm gonna be afk for a good chunk of the day and didn't want to risk missing the vote, and he's my biggest suspish.

Here is a general announcement: Don't vote for me, friends! I am not the droids you're looking for! I just am bad at mafia this game!
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 366
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Canucklehead wrote:I am not the droids you're looking for!
Yay Star Wars :biggrin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DFaraday »

S~V~S wrote:So...why did you have reason to think he was a Hack? No baddie lynches as of the time you made that post, and I did not think the kill patterns said much. Did I miss something?
You did. I suspected him of being a Hack because he was one of the people gathering suspicion just prior to the first thread lock, and I theorized whoever locked the thread had done it to avoid taking votes (which seems to have been the case). Also, when I started bringing that theory forward, MM was trying to discredit it, which made me think he had something to do with it.

Well, time to vote myself. Just kidding, *voting Canuck*.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 278

Post by S~V~S »

Thanks for the explanation. I DID miss that.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Dom »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Ok my thoughts so far.
1. I really think we need to look at roxy. If you go back and re-read her you will notice that earlier this game she would always vote someone else instead of MM but she always said she found the case on MM to be valid. To me it seems that both her and MM could have been distancing from each other. Would love to hear others thoughts.
2. I need to go back and re-read DF.
3. Canucklehead you sticking up for MM so much really doesn't look. I want to go back and re-read you before making my mind up on you because we all make mistakes.
I would be willing to consider a Roxy vote-- is your only suspicion of her that she "suspected" MM?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

No not really. I just feel like that how she played it in Doctor Who. I think after re-reading her that I was seeing her baddie game.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

My impression was that MM was in perpetual conflict with Roxy, especially after the Vomps affair. But I'd have to go back to read Roxy's early votes and comments on him to give a proper opinion. She did vote for MM on D1, but then was steadfast suspicious of Made, got implicate in the MP-lynch/Vomps-save and so forth.

I have to note, though, that the last person to suspect an MM-suspecter of always voting for someone else instead of MM despite finding him a valid candidate was MM himself.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Unless Roxy says something supabad I plan to vote for Canuck again tomorrow. Especially if Faraday, A) comes up bad, and B) comes up on the team opposite MM.

If both A & B don't happen, I will reconsider, but just throwing this out there.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Vompatti »

Voted for Canuck to keep this exciting and to disagree with my former self. :mafia:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Hrm, thickening plot thickens even more.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

S~V~S wrote:Unless Roxy says something supabad I plan to vote for Canuck again tomorrow. Especially if Faraday, A) comes up bad, and B) comes up on the team opposite MM.

If both A & B don't happen, I will reconsider, but just throwing this out there.
:(

So if DF is a civ I'm in the clear? :grin:

I feeeeelll so conflicted!

P.S. Please don't lynch me :pout:
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

I, for one, think that since Vomps is the active player his vote should count and not Daisy's. :noble:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

DFaraday wrote:I, for one, think that since Vomps is the active player his vote should count and not Daisy's. :noble:
I disagree with this notion for reasons that are completely objective and not at all self-serving. :noble:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No, Sweetie <3 At least not from me. Basically, it feels to me like now that we are lynching Faraday, people are laying the groundwork for tomorrow. Dom asked if I was OK with a Faraday lynch. Tomorrow, he is gonna ask me if I am OK with a Roxy lynch. If Faraday flips Hack, then prolly Roxy, if bad, is Hack.

However, I am feeling you as bad more immediately so than Roxy.

There are two bad teams. If Faraday is bad & a Brother that cements my feels about you & MM; I don't see MM & Faraday as teammates. If he flips bad and is Hack, I need to reevaluate. If he flips civ, I still think you are bad, but the Brotherhood may be more of an issue since we have not lynched one of them.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DFaraday wrote:I, for one, think that since Vomps is the active player his vote should count and not Daisy's. :noble:
Daisy's vote is not going to be counted, DF, didn't you see Mongoose's post?
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Ricochet wrote:
Daisy's vote is not going to be counted, DF, didn't you see Mongoose's post?
I did not, I must have missed it while skimming at some point. That's my secret, Cap, I'm always a terrible Mafia player. :keys:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Voting now. Don't think I can go with Canuck. As I've said, it's either baddie bluff or civ dread, but what I need more is the sign of a team-approved tactic in which MM to have been on the offensive and Canuck on the defensive and on his side, with no intent whatsoever to shift from that or to mask it. DF's misfortune to have aligned himself through his posts in relation to some of the Bros' actions can be equal, but there are reasonable doubts on that.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

What does that mean?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

What does what mean?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote:Voting now. Don't think I can go with Canuck. As I've said, it's either baddie bluff or civ dread, but what I need more is the sign of a team-approved tactic in which MM to have been on the offensive and Canuck on the defensive and on his side, with no intent whatsoever to shift from that or to mask it. DF's misfortune to have aligned himself through his posts in relation to some of the Bros' actions can be equal, but there are reasonable doubts on that.
I am not sure what you mean by these statements.

And how can someone show that someone had "no intent whatsoever"? This post reads more like a legal document than anything.

I think Canuck was pretty clearly defending MM.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Since it's looking like I'll probably go, I think once I'm gone y'all should look at Made. I presented a comprehensive response to his reasons for suspecting me, and he still voted me without addressing anything I said. And probably Canuck, for obvious reasons.

Bass, Roxy, I promise you I'm a civvie. If I survive, I will do whatever I can to find the real baddies, but our numbers are so bad right now that I'm worried.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I voted DF since a Roxy vote would have been pointless.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 205
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: [Night 8]: Film Directors.

Post by Mongoose »

Day 8: The New Wave is Over

Boyhood was not without its faults, but it was still one of my favorite films of the year. I don't find it gimmicky, and Linklater procured such fierce, raw performances from the actors.

That said, this 'honest' trailer was great. Still my pick for best pic (on what I'd like to see win).

The film took too long to make and DFaraday died of boredom.

DFaraday has died. He was Godard.

It is now Night 8. You have 24 hours.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

*sigh*
Mongoose

Re: [POLLS]: Film Director

Post by Mongoose »

Who made sure BlackRock's magnum opus was wildly unfinished?

Poll runs till Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:55:06 pm

A Person 2.0
No votes
Bass the Clever
No votes
Canucklehead
S~V~S (8), DFaraday (13), Vompatti (15) 17%
DFaraday
Spacedaisy (6), Dom (10), Long Con (11), Canucklehead (12), Made (14), Ricochet (16), Bass_the_Clever (17), A Person (18) 44%
Dom
No votes
Long Con
No votes
Made
No votes
Ricochet
No votes
Roxy
No votes
SpaceDaisy
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
The Man From La Mancha (Host/Mod/Deadie/NPs)
Mongoose (1), timmer (2), MovingPictures07 (3), nijuukyugou (4), Epignosis (5), Black Rock (7), Metalmarsh89 (9)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Mongoose wrote:Day 8: The New Wave is Over

Boyhood was not without its faults, but it was still one of my favorite films of the year. I don't find it gimmicky, and Linklater procured such fierce, raw performances from the actors.

That said, this 'honest' trailer was great. Still my pick for best pic (on what I'd like to see win).

The film took too long to make and DFaraday died of boredom.

DFaraday has died. He was Godard.

It is now Night 8. You have 24 hours.
I love honest trailers.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

To SVS: Sorry for sounding more analytical than necessary, in that case. I did address some of those issues in my big post earlier, but I'll try my best to clarify.

"it's either baddie bluff or civ dread" - this is actually copied from that post: "With Canuck, it's the fact that she's aware she looks bad and defenseless in context of everything, just like she acknowledged that she was inconsistent in judging TH. In light of this, I guess I only have to decide if it's a cornered baddie bluff or a genuine civ dread." I added that I personally know how it feels, from a different game, to wake up, the day after a player's been lynched/killed and found bad, that all you said about him reads as pure defending and that you must be his bad teammate for it. It's a small bias that's holding me back from a clear verdict.

"what I need more is the sign of a team-approved tactic in which MM to have been on the offensive and Canuck on the defensive and on his side" (side-note, I realize I didn't do well to mix these two sentences together, since they're separate ideas) - by tactic, I wondered why MM - who did pretty well not to show support for a lot of players, but rather confront and question a lot of them all the time - would agree with Canuck, as his teammate, to blatantly support him all the way and making it easy to reach the conclusion that she must be his teammate for so much defending. I really feel I need a third part of the equation, of some sort, to see how they fully cooperated this way.

"DF's misfortune to have aligned himself through his posts in relation to some of the Bros' actions can be equal" - Just like you, I don't think DF and MM are teammates. This has to do a lot with the context of the threadlock. Otherwise, I would be more suspicious, actually, of DF & MM intentionally distancing themselves or antagonizing each other as a diversion, rather than Canuck defending MM and MM showing himself completely neutral of her.

But since DF could be a potential Bro, he has drawn suspicion so far on bringing up their activity in his comments. I already noted that, for some reason, he questioned sabie's save, bwt's second rezz and llama's kill, meaning all of the actions executed by the Bros. This could be coincidence and, just like Canuck's posts on MM, unfortunate. LC instead called it "introducing thread actions resulting from baddie moves". The most severe point for which he is suspicious is, of course, whether or not he's pushing Llama's kill into discussion and/or trying to frame LC for it.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

RIP BWT sorry man.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I mean DF
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Well, way to go for me to write endlessly until the Day actually finishes. :( I was sure I read the poll ends at 2:55am here.

RIP DF. :(
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Ricochet wrote:Well, way to go for me to write endlessly until the Day actually finishes. :( I was sure I read the poll ends at 2:55am here.

Ric, I ended the day early since everyone had voted.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

And now a word from Fritz Lang:

Reading back it is obvious to me now that few of the civilian lynches so far have been accidents. There is a malicious group of individuals functioning behind the scenes controlling and manipulating the votes, and when you examine the pattern there is little to no doubt as to who they are. Pay particular attention to what happened on days 5 and 6 and the night between and you shall discover the truth.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Mongoose wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Well, way to go for me to write endlessly until the Day actually finishes. :( I was sure I read the poll ends at 2:55am here.

Ric, I ended the day early since everyone had voted.
Roxy didn't.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by A Person »

Sorry DF :(

I don't want to vote until I've seen Birdman and Foxcatcher
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Is the poll created for our favourite pick or the will win prediction?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

dakmn :/ rip df
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Vompatti »

As a civilian with no info I sure didn't see that one coming! :rip:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 124
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Mongoose wrote:And now a word from Fritz Lang:

Reading back it is obvious to me now that few of the civilian lynches so far have been accidents. There is a malicious group of individuals functioning behind the scenes controlling and manipulating the votes, and when you examine the pattern there is little to no doubt as to who they are. Pay particular attention to what happened on days 5 and 6 and the night between and you shall discover the truth.
._. rip
Alright so (based on votes anyways) Fritz thinks it SVS and Roxy. Thoughts?
Pov: you reading my takes
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Um it isn't me. The gossip is mistaken.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Ricochet wrote:Is the poll created for our favourite pick or the will win prediction?
Either way, you can feel free to clarify in the comments. On prediction, I'm split between Iñárritu and Linklater.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

What your choice for Oscar fave says about you:

http://www.purewow.com/arts/What-Your-O ... -About-You
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by A Person »

Mongoose wrote:What your choice for Oscar fave says about you:

lol @ "you're a guy"
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

A Person wrote:
Mongoose wrote:What your choice for Oscar fave says about you:

lol @ "you're a guy"
Tru.

Even by that article's standards, I can only go with Birdman. As for the poll, I will count it as my prediction and that is Linklater.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I would like to vote Selma, but the Academy.

Return to “Previous Jobs”