Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Death Note Mafia [NIGHT 2]

Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73 wrote:I like SVS's "who would kill Long Con?" question very much. That seems like a fruitful avenue to explore, and I will have to think about it a lot before casting my next vote.
I asked it before SVS did, yet I received no cookie.

You're right though, I will be considering it for my vote as well, most likely.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:What question about boo? I might have missed it in this thread.
You answered later when someone else raised it again.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:I like SVS's "who would kill Long Con?" question very much. That seems like a fruitful avenue to explore, and I will have to think about it a lot before casting my next vote.
I would kill Long Con. Does that answer your question?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I would. Long Con would have been my first kill. I am amazed that he lasts as long as he does in games. He's manipulative and dangerous. Even in the Game of Champions, he only took had one NK against him, and that was at his request.

ooo WIFOM
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
I would. Long Con would have been my first kill. I am amazed that he lasts as long as he does in games. He's manipulative and dangerous. Even in the Game of Champions, he only took had one NK against him, and that was at his request.

ooo WIFOM
Cause bros before infos
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I can't wait to vote.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:

ooo WIFOM
You read my mind. :ponder:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 198

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Without pulling posts, I had the impression that S~V~S and boo were Raye and Naomi. I no longer have that impression.

I will admit that my suspicion of S~V~S was reactionary- S~V~S would not vote for boo without a "smoking gun," but she would vote for me on a whim. While that annoys me, it shouldn't cloud my judgment. I find S~V~S to be awfully inconsistent in practice across the board. I believe that is one source of contention between S~V~S and me, or for that matter, S~V~S and thellama73. She's a "gutter," not a "caser." I can accept that, even if I disagree with her approach and even if I am the victim of that approach.

Obviously, I suspect her for ballooning the detective win condition into basically needing everyone dead to win. But I know she gets paranoid. Drive me insane, but I'm sure I have the same effect.

I think what you all need to start asking yourself is this: What would Kira do without the support of a team? Essentially, we're up against a handful of Serial Killers, one of which has a partner, and some of which that do not even have a kill.

What I mean is this: Rather than go on and on about how someone acted in this game or that game, explore how a person might act by having a vanilla Mafia role (i.e., no BTSC or kill). That person would just be looking to survive until the point when he DOES get the kill, right?

I would advise you all to do your rereads with that in mind.
"I believe she is awfully inconsistent" says the man who has been completely inconsistent.
Yeah, but I'm intentional.
I dunno, but from the cheap seats where I am, being intentionally inconsistent is worse than being unintentionally inconsistent. Which is pretty much how I play my game, I flit around.

What question did you want to ask me about boo, the one you said I did not answer?

Linki @ MM, LC plays and he plays hard. He plays harder on weekdays, though, since weekends=family. So who would want to shut him up? But thanks for volunteering that. You too, Epig. You were already on my list though, so no WIFOM ooooo
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I predict "No one has been killed" Followed by someone behaving oddly, followed by that person's death.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:

ooo WIFOM
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I would kill Long Con. Does that answer your question?
Haha, frankly, I would have too. It's the kind of Night 1 kill I would make. Here are my observations about Long Con's posts before being killed.

1. He voted for me both days and thought I was bad consistently.
2. He thought Epig was bad consistently.
3. He agreed with Boo a lot
4. Bea said she thought he might be bad.

Now, a skilled Kira would probably not kill someone who could be traced back to him, so I doubt any of these people killed Long Con. I also doubt Black Rock did, since she does not seem the type to immediately kill her hubby unless absolutely necessary.

Not much of a narrowing down, but a start.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

So you're eliminating Epi from being Kira because Long Con suspected him?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:So you're eliminating Epi from being Kira because Long Con suspected him?
Would you kill someone who was gunning for you on the first night? It's a bit obvious, isn't it?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:So you're eliminating Epi from being Kira because Long Con suspected him?
Would you kill someone who was gunning for you on the first night? It's a bit obvious, isn't it?
I'm not Epignosis.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I'm not Epignosis.
I think Epignosis is smarter than that, but as always, I could be wrong.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Without pulling posts, I had the impression that S~V~S and boo were Raye and Naomi. I no longer have that impression.

I will admit that my suspicion of S~V~S was reactionary- S~V~S would not vote for boo without a "smoking gun," but she would vote for me on a whim. While that annoys me, it shouldn't cloud my judgment. I find S~V~S to be awfully inconsistent in practice across the board. I believe that is one source of contention between S~V~S and me, or for that matter, S~V~S and thellama73. She's a "gutter," not a "caser." I can accept that, even if I disagree with her approach and even if I am the victim of that approach.

Obviously, I suspect her for ballooning the detective win condition into basically needing everyone dead to win. But I know she gets paranoid. Drive me insane, but I'm sure I have the same effect.

I think what you all need to start asking yourself is this: What would Kira do without the support of a team? Essentially, we're up against a handful of Serial Killers, one of which has a partner, and some of which that do not even have a kill.

What I mean is this: Rather than go on and on about how someone acted in this game or that game, explore how a person might act by having a vanilla Mafia role (i.e., no BTSC or kill). That person would just be looking to survive until the point when he DOES get the kill, right?

"I believe she is awfully inconsistent" says the man who has been completely inconsistent.
I dunno, but from the cheap seats where I am, being intentionally inconsistent is worse than being unintentionally inconsistent. Which is pretty much how I play my game, I flit around.

What question did you want to ask me about boo, the one you said I did not answer?

Linki @ MM, LC plays and he plays hard. He plays harder on weekdays, though, since weekends=family. So who would want to shut him up? But thanks for volunteering that. You too, Epig. You were already on my list though, so no WIFOM ooooo
This one.

Me saying that makes you want to lynch me even more? Ha- you're not even trying. Come on...daughter (phrase sounds stupid when you use the feminine word instead of "son," doesn't it?).

I'm starting to think you still are afraid of me. You shouldn't be. But go ahead and lynch me so you can sleep better. If I *am* good, and you are too, then you lost a decent ally. If you aren't good, then you don't care if I die.

I think you are too concerned with the threat I bring instead of the help. I get that's a risk, but for once, if you ARE a detective, think it through before you help lynch me.

But do what you gotta do. I care not.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Yes I would. Especially if I didn't have BTSC mates to talk me out of it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
Yes. Becasue then people say,
thellama73 wrote:
They say it every game. Someone who had strong suspicions of a person is NKed, and everyone says, "Oh, the dead guy suspected RacerX. But RacerX would never do that, it's too obvious." And they move on, leaving RacerX to chortle in his chatroom. Sometimes RacerX IS a civ, so it's cool. Bit sometimes he isn't and he gets away with it ALOT. It happens all the time. I have been RacerX; you have never done that? Ever?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If you ignore history and just look at posts, Long Con is a weird choice. For that reason, I think Kira took him out because of history, not his accusations. Someone who finds LC a threat wanted him out.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

This one.

Me saying that makes you want to lynch me even more? Ha- you're not even trying. Come on...daughter (phrase sounds stupid when you use the feminine word instead of "son," doesn't it?).

I'm starting to think you still are afraid of me. You shouldn't be. But go ahead and lynch me so you can sleep better. If I *am* good, and you are too, then you lost a decent ally. If you aren't good, then you don't care if I die.

I think you are too concerned with the threat I bring instead of the help. I get that's a risk, but for once, if you ARE a detective, think it through before you help lynch me.

But do what you gotta do. I care not.
No I am really not. The power of Typos. You can ask LLama & MM about that :)

And I will answer the question in another post, since I need to open it in separately from this reply, and can't type a post and go back and forth. This is why I keep asking everyone to go old school & quote.

Linki, yeah, this is why I don't think it is an RM player.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Yes. Becasue then people say,
thellama73 wrote:
They say it every game. Someone who had strong suspicions of a person is NKed, and everyone says, "Oh, the dead guy suspected RacerX. But RacerX would never do that, it's too obvious." And they move on, leaving RacerX to chortle in his chatroom. Sometimes RacerX IS a civ, so it's cool. Bit sometimes he isn't and he gets away with it ALOT. It happens all the time. I have been RacerX; you have never done that? Ever?
My turn for WIFOM:

I put off killing any strong accusers of myself many times. Often to my own detriment. But I have a method to that madness that helps me rationalize it. It's part of why I didn't kill LC in the last GoC. He was being loud and accusing me a lot, but nobody gave a shit so I just let him do it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:I was struck by FZ.'s thrust at S~V~S for not contributing to discussion. I might vote there again.
This is what you linked me to. Not a question. Can you pretty please with sugar on top quote it?

Linki, yeah, I have done that as well. But saying right off the mark that someone would never do it becasue it is too obvious is a mistake imo.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I was struck by FZ.'s thrust at S~V~S for not contributing to discussion. I might vote there again.
This is what you linked me to. Not a question. Can you pretty please with sugar on top quote it?

Linki, yeah, I have done that as well. But saying right off the mark that someone would never do it becasue it is too obvious is a mistake imo.
You're right, people sometimes do that. I did not mean to imply that they never do. But I was trying to narrow down the list of likely LC killers based on probability. It is possible Epig killed him for the reasons you state, but I think it is unlikely, especially since I don't think Epig is bad anyway, and, as you are fond of saying, it would take a smoking gun for me to vote for him.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Fair enough.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:

I clicked the link, and it gave me this:
S~V~S wrote:Boom, did you see my very reasonable answer? Would not want you to miss it and think I did not answer it.
S~V~S wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Finally, there's one other thing that stood out that I don't think has been readdressed:
Epignosis wrote:S~V~S...in case you missed it:
S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:S~V~S, I still feel strongly about a vote for FZ. However, these new boo revelations have me atingle. What say you?
I am not voting for boo unless he says something really amazingly bad. While we have some philosophical differences re low posting and whether it's better to get rid of low posters from the perspective of PLAYERS v. ROLES, I am seeing his points more so than I am seeing yours or Llamas regarding Snowman.
What would boo have to do that's amazingly bad to get you to vote for him?
SVS still hasn't given a good answer to that reasonable sounding but very vague claim, which pings me.
What would be amazingly bad? Saying something like, "My kill failed last night" or something of that sort. Really, it was just a remark basically saying it would take a lot of convincing for me to vote for boo. And it would. It would have to be one hell of a smoking gun, becasue I have not seen anything that leads me to believe he is bad. I won't say he's GOOD, but I certainly don't suspect him any more than anyone else at this stage.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That is a post by me. The answer to the question is at the bottom of the post.

And Boom asked that question, not you.

Can you stop being all Mr Mysterious and just ask me the question. This is really freaking obnoxious.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Oh you both asked it. But I answered it Epi.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:That is a post by me. The answer to the question is at the bottom of the post.

And Boom asked that question, not you.

Can you stop being all Mr Mysterious and just ask me the question. This is really freaking obnoxious.
My question was this: "What would boo have to do that's amazingly bad to get you to vote for him?"

Boom didn't ask a question at all. He prompted you to answer mine: "SVS still hasn't given a good answer to that reasonable sounding but very vague claim, which pings me."

It took Boomslang's prompting for you to answer my question.

Do you know what's really "freaking obnoxious?" People not reading. This leads ME to believe, S~V~S, that you don't care what I'm saying. You just want me out.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Boomslang wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Boom, did you see my very reasonable answer? Would not want you to miss it and think I did not answer it.

What would be amazingly bad? Saying something like, "My kill failed last night" or something of that sort. Really, it was just a remark basically saying it would take a lot of convincing for me to vote for boo. And it would. It would have to be one hell of a smoking gun, becasue I have not seen anything that leads me to believe he is bad. I won't say he's GOOD, but I certainly don't suspect him any more than anyone else at this stage.
Duly noted. I can't say I'm fully satisfied with that answer, because the example you're giving is basically an example of (forbidden) role outing. I do understand that you have a high standard of proof, and I just hope that carries forward to everyone else in the game.

linki w/TH: Yes, but changing multiple opinions without the presence of significant changes to the available evidence? I've pointed out a pattern of behavior here, not an isolated instance.
Here is Booms answer to me about that post. I just looked for the nearest post of yours to the link you provided, Epi.

Like I said other times after that, I don't suspect boo, so it will take alot to get me to vote for him. Not sure why this is such a smoking gun for you :P but OK.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

There are no smoking guns in this game. Which is why I find that claim odd. I don't think you are a detective.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, ha ha. I missed a question in a busy thread, and when someone pointed it out, I promptly answered it.

the fact that you prodded me to answer a question I had already answered makes me feel you don't read MY posts, so right back at cha.

I hope you are not accusing me of being personal here, becasue it is not personal.

Linki, well, you are incorrect. So everyone should take all of your opinions with a grain of salt.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:OK, ha ha. I missed a question in a busy thread, and when someone pointed it out, I promptly answered it.

the fact that you prodded me to answer a question I had already answered makes me feel you don't read MY posts, so right back at cha.
What?

I acknowledged that you answered me.
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:What question about boo? I might have missed it in this thread.
You answered later when someone else raised it again.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

Nit-picking, as a profession, pays very well.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Matahari wrote:Nit-picking, as a profession, pays very well.
:haha:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:OK, ha ha. I missed a question in a busy thread, and when someone pointed it out, I promptly answered it.

I hope you are not accusing me of being personal here, becasue it is not personal.

Linki, well, you are incorrect. So everyone should take all of your opinions with a grain of salt.
I take everything he says wth several grains of salt, knowing that half the time, he doesn't even believe what he's saying, but is trying to get a reaction.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:

I take everything he says wth several grains of salt, knowing that half the time, he doesn't even believe what he's saying, but is trying to get a reaction.
I need to remind myself of that more; I tend to take people at face value insofar as that is possible in a Mafia game.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I've said all that I needed to say. I'll be back after the Night post if I'm alive (which I think I will be). Going to watch a little TV.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:I've said all that I needed to say. I'll be back after the Night post if I'm alive (which I think I will be). Going to watch a little TV.
What's wrong with your big TV?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 2: Silence (Part II)

No one has been killed by Kira.
Some role secrets have been revealed.

It is now Day 3.

You have 48 hours to find and lynch Kira.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by Tangrowth »

This is L.

I have determined that the likelihood of AceofSpaces as Kira is right around 4%.

Despite a poorly considered Day 1 lynch, I do not currently suspect AceofSpaces. Maybe don't let him lead any more lynches, though.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Seeing Misa makes me wish I had my own Death Note. God. What an annoying little bitch.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

What complicated roles and series of events. I love it!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Gee, someone beat me to the punch.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Wow, those secrets are a lot to take in. Some dense stuff.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

"A certain series of events"~ secrets within secrets.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Wow, TH & MM already voted.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

And TH didn't vote for me! Yay!

All these vote manipulations make analyzing the vote recod complicated. :(

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:Wow, TH & MM already voted.
Sure did.

I don't believe Epi is being intentionally inconsistent.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Sure did.

You believe he is being unintentionally inconsistent? Or Unintentionally consistent?

Either way it adds up to you not suspecting him. Or am I just a fail at reading?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I believe there is a 16.7% chance of Epi being Kira.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Sure did.

You believe he is being unintentionally inconsistent? Or Unintentionally consistent?

Either way it adds up to you not suspecting him. Or am I just a fail at reading?
I read it the same way. MM, care to elaborate and help us out?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”