juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote:
juliets wrote:TH it seems like you would be trying to get us to vote Epi. Have you changed your mind about him?
It would just be nice to have more suspects in case people don't want to vote Epi but don't suspect Snowman either.
Yes, at the moment that is where I am sitting. I'm re-reading Zombrella's suspicion of Snowman but I can't figure out what he has said or done to back her accusations. On to reading him again.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Another thing to consider: Llama said he didn't think that someone who LC accused was the one who killed him, but when Llama and I were baddies together in Harry Potter mafia, Llama killed Dom while Dom was going after him, with no hesitation. He actually sent the kill PM before even discussing it in chat, that's how much he wanted Dom dead right at that moment :p So I think it's in Llama's wheelhouse to kill like that, despite what he's said in this game, and I think it's in Epi's arsenal as well.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:By the way, DH said he was going back to being vocal and "leading" us like we obviously need, but I don't see anything worth while from him.
What do you mean? I'm in the process of collecting my thoughts literally as I type this. I haven't voted yet.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And, if you've seen the show, you know that Kira goes to great lengths to kill everyone in his path and silence anyone who suspects him.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
juliets wrote:TH it seems like you would be trying to get us to vote Epi. Have you changed your mind about him?
It would just be nice to have more suspects in case people don't want to vote Epi but don't suspect Snowman either.
Yes, at the moment that is where I am sitting. I'm re-reading Zombrella's suspicion of Snowman but I can't figure out what he has said or done to back her accusations. On to reading him again.
Her suspicion of Snowman seemed to appear out of thin air, didn't it? One minute she was all "I need more, maybe once he does something more bad", and then like the very next post that Snowman makes, she suddenly has her proof.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Elohcin »

Ricochet wrote: Speaking of Snowman, is everyone happier with him now that he survived D2/N2? He said he has a lot to offer, so do you feel he's doing it?
Nope. He's acting the same way he was. Not offering anything constructive.[/quote]

I actually think that him surviving D2/N2 makes him look worse.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

This is what boo told us would happen.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote:
juliets wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Her suspicion of Snowman seemed to appear out of thin air, didn't it? One minute she was all "I need more, maybe once he does something more bad", and then like the very next post that Snowman makes, she suddenly has her proof.
Yes, that was my reaction. And the post he made was not a post against her - in fact he said she was a straight shooter and couldn't judge if she was bad unless an accusation was leveled at her so I'm just not understanding at this point. But, I will keep reading.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

Perhaps it is the novelty of having a game with more posts than Dr. Who, but I wonder why TH and MM continue to post and post and post and post even after they have voted. Is it an effort to make it difficult for detectives to read and catch up?
Spacedaisy wrote:I am really torn right now. Up to know Epi has made sense to me. And his current frustration reads sincere. But that post is really sketchy to me. If you no longer believe it to be true why even bring it up in the first place? It seems like a really good way to paint a target on someone you think needs taken out and yet distance yourself from it at the same time!
If I no longer believe it to be true, then there is no risk of painting a target. Maybe you disagree with that.
FZ. wrote:I do acknowledge that what I'm thinking can also be baddie Epi.

Epi, why did you feel the need to share that information regarding Julliets? Actually, I guess what I thought is wrong, because then it would be infodumping, wouldn't it. Hmm.
I am not sharing information. I am expressing my opinion based on my reading of her. I think a detective juliets would be more of an interrogator, and I'm not seeing that level from her. However, I am not seeing the one tell juliets has when she is bad, either.

++++

I see there is a theory that I have the Shinigami eyes and that I checked LC, learned that he was Yotsuba, and then killed him (because that would help satisfy my Kira win conditions).

Very well. If this is correct, then make sure I have slightly more than half the votes of the person you really want to lynch. If I don't die, then the theory is debunked.

And if I do get lynched, then the theory is debunked anyway. :nicenod:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Where has it been definitively stated that LC was a Yotsuba?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

juliets wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
juliets wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Yes, that was my reaction. And the post he made was not a post against her - in fact he said she was a straight shooter and couldn't judge if she was bad unless an accusation was leveled at her so I'm just not understanding at this point. But, I will keep reading.
I noted this too, her posts became a bit 'excited' sounding during night 2, when she started the snowman stuff. after voting llama on day 2, she is now willing to listen to him, but I'm not sure if that means anything.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

No one said you took the Eye deal... That's definitely a good way to test for it though.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And I continue to post because it's part of playing the game.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:I see there is a theory that I have the Shinigami eyes and that I checked LC, learned that he was Yotsuba, and then killed him
Point out where you saw this theory because I would very much like to see it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:First off, I just have to ask the Host: are we to consider L's likelihod percentages as accurate or as tongue-in-cheek as in the show? :p Besides, does anyone have thoughts on L calling out Ace?
I think L gets to check people, he receives some sort of percentage-based intel, and then later shares that info with the thread. For instance I think he checked Aces night 1 and was able to report it on Night 2. Maybe L understands the percentages better than we do, at least I hope he does :shrug2:
:ponder:

Perhaps by that logic, Kira can send in the kill at night, but it doesn't happen until the next night.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:No one said you took the Eye deal... That's definitely a good way to test for it though.
No? Then what was your purpose with these posts?
Turnip Head wrote:
Zomberella12 wrote:How does the Kira find out our names anyway. Maybe we could figure it out using the LC k.
I do think it's interesting that LC died right after Epi identified him as Yotsuba. Given how the Shinigami Eye Deal works, I wonder if writing someone's name in the notebook requires that you also know the target's allegiance.
Turnip Head wrote:Just like I think it's possible that Epi is Kira, figured out LC's role, and killed him regardless of his role.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:Another thing to consider: Llama said he didn't think that someone who LC accused was the one who killed him, but when Llama and I were baddies together in Harry Potter mafia, Llama killed Dom while Dom was going after him, with no hesitation. He actually sent the kill PM before even discussing it in chat, that's how much he wanted Dom dead right at that moment :p So I think it's in Llama's wheelhouse to kill like that, despite what he's said in this game, and I think it's in Epi's arsenal as well.
I'm a loose cannon, I am.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epi, neither of those posts imply that you took the Shinigami Eye Deal :shrug2: You could have figured out LC's role through other means. I actually believed you when you said you wouldn't take the Eye deal. You would prefer to use your own powers of deduction.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Another thing to consider: Llama said he didn't think that someone who LC accused was the one who killed him, but when Llama and I were baddies together in Harry Potter mafia, Llama killed Dom while Dom was going after him, with no hesitation. He actually sent the kill PM before even discussing it in chat, that's how much he wanted Dom dead right at that moment :p So I think it's in Llama's wheelhouse to kill like that, despite what he's said in this game, and I think it's in Epi's arsenal as well.
But a hilarious and enjoyable loose cannon, you are :beer:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Re: Death Note Mafia [NIGHT 2]

Post by juliets »

Zombra I can't figure this out by reading Snowman so I hope you will assist. My questions are below in red:

Zomberella12 wrote:Whatever, DH, I don't care what you say.

Yesterday I wasn't fully on board with lynching Snowman because I thought the evidence against him wasn't super strong. However, this post (the one below - NOT THE ONE FROM THREE DAYS AGO - has me convinced that he is bad. I am 100% on board with this.

THIS IS THE POST I WAS WAITING FOR: :D
Snowman wrote:
bea wrote: @ Snowman, in all fairness - what do you think of how Zombra's been playing so far? Is she reading on the up and up to you? Besides llama, who else will you be looking at going into the next lynch?
I do think she's been a straight-shooter so far. The real test would be how she reacts to a legitimate accusation.
Here are my reasons. I know that you all haven't played with Snowman very much so you might not agree right now, but I have played with him for the last 20 years (mind out of the gutter) and once you find out (even if its at the end of the game) that I am a detective and he is bad you are guys are all going to put more stock in my opinion in future games. I am SO excited about this!

1) Snowman is threatened by me - I deduce that he is afraid I am about to figure him out. He wouldn't worry about this unless he was bad. Where and how does he indicate that he is afraid you are going to figure him out? How can you tell that he's worried?
2) Snowman does not think that we are on the same team. I know what team I'm on - so he must be bad.
3) Snowman doesn't want to come out and build a case against me himself because he thinks that I am good and that if you all lynch me and find that out, he will look bad. He wants someone else to build the case against me so they can take the heat when I flip detective. Why do you say this? How can you tell he wants someone else to build a case on you? He doesn't even say you are bad that I can see.

That is my case. I will vote Snowman at the first opportunity. I am officially calling out Llama to support me. He was gung ho to lynch Snowman yesterday. The case against him has only gotten stronger.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Which is why I want to be on a team with you someday. :srsnod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:No one said you took the Eye deal... That's definitely a good way to test for it though.
No? Then what was your purpose with these posts?
Turnip Head wrote:
Zomberella12 wrote:How does the Kira find out our names anyway. Maybe we could figure it out using the LC k.
I do think it's interesting that LC died right after Epi identified him as Yotsuba. Given how the Shinigami Eye Deal works, I wonder if writing someone's name in the notebook requires that you also know the target's allegiance.
Turnip Head wrote:Just like I think it's possible that Epi is Kira, figured out LC's role, and killed him regardless of his role.
Ah there it is. Apologies for missing it, I've completely discounted TH's posts as being trollbait.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

:(
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 198

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote::(
:hug:

I think you have been rather helpful, actually. Its easy to forget little things in a huge thread, and you don't seem to be trying to steer, so :shrug2:

Your posts have not felt fluffy. MM feels more fluffy than you do, tbh, since Epi grouped you together.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

AceofSpaces
Bass_the_Clever
bea
Black Rock
boo
DisgruntledPorcupine
Made
Russtifinko
Snowman
zeek - replaced Roxy - Night 1

Have these players posted this day? Out of them, some barely said much in the last few days. Not good
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:AceofSpaces
Bass_the_Clever
bea
Black Rock
boo
DisgruntledPorcupine
Made
Russtifinko
Snowman

Have these players posted this day? Out of them, some barely said much in the last few days. Not good
Made in particular has me worried. He's usually much more active than this. Remember what I said earlier about blendiness? No? OKay, I'll pull the quote.

<hang on........rebuffering....>
thellama73 wrote:I think that's an excellent point, Epi. How would someone act if they just wanted to survive until they get a kill? I'd like the opinions of others, but I think the answer to this lies in blendiness. Blendiness is key this game. Also, SNowman is stilll my top suspect.

linki TH: I disagree.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 148

Post by Black Rock »

That was one of the points I was going to bring up as well when I finished my catch up. There are a few players in this game that will kill just to shut them up, myself included. I will never believe that those kills are just set ups. Most people will kill someone before their voice is heard. IF LC was right about any of the people he was accusing now would be the perfect time to strike in hopes that the thread would forget about it.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Made's last words, circa Night 2:
Made wrote:I know where I'm putting my vote tomorrow.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Black Rock wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If you ignore history and just look at posts, Long Con is a weird choice. For that reason, I think Kira took him out because of history, not his accusations. Someone who finds LC a threat wanted him out.
I agree.

I am catching up the best I can. I was like 16 pages behind. 12, today and a few I didn't catch up before the lynch was over.
Bass_the_Clever
bea
Black Rock
boo
DisgruntledPorcupine
Made
Russtifinko
Snowman

See the post above. I had only posted a page before this post. I would think you might have seen that.

That reminds me... I have to check something out.
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever
bea
Black Rock
boo
DisgruntledPorcupine
Made
Russtifinko
Snowman

Made in particular has me worried. He's usually much more active than this. Remember what I said earlier about blendiness? No? OKay, I'll pull the quote.

<hang on........rebuffering....>
thellama73 wrote:I think that's an excellent point, Epi. How would someone act if they just wanted to survive until they get a kill? I'd like the opinions of others, but I think the answer to this lies in blendiness. Blendiness is key this game. Also, SNowman is stilll my top suspect.

linki TH: I disagree.
The thing is, blendiness is the key in every game. No one wants to be the main discussion, for good or for bad because that would either get a person lynched or NK, so I don't know if I agree with this. You want to appear as you always do, or you'll get called out for acting different.
Take Eloh for example, she is posting like she usually is, and I keep thinking that my not great feelings concerning her are just my usual. Hence I've not said anything about her yet. She seems a lot more blendy to me, yet she always does.

The only difference I can see between baddies here and in regular games is that they are mostly alone, and as such, they don't have team mates telling them to come post, or defending them. So in that sense, they might try to post just the amount to seem like they are doing something, but not enough to get into the line of fire. Hmm, I guess you might have a point :blush:

linki: I guess you were too blendy, BR :P
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

FZ. wrote:The only difference I can see between baddies here and in regular games is that they are mostly alone, and as such, they don't have team mates telling them to come post, or defending them. So in that sense, they might try to post just the amount to seem like they are doing something, but not enough to get into the line of fire. Hmm, I guess you might have a point :blush:
I think what you might be describing here is MetalMarsh. I agree with SVS that his posts have felt fluffy.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Turnip Head wrote:
FZ. wrote:The only difference I can see between baddies here and in regular games is that they are mostly alone, and as such, they don't have team mates telling them to come post, or defending them. So in that sense, they might try to post just the amount to seem like they are doing something, but not enough to get into the line of fire. Hmm, I guess you might have a point :blush:
I think what you might be describing here is MetalMarsh. I agree with SVS that his posts have felt fluffy.
MM always seems fluffy to me. Does he seem that way more than usual?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:
Hey I feel the same way. That's why I considered voting for you today, if only briefly.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

It must have been very briefly indeed :ponder:
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 154

Post by zeek »

I've post a fair bit rebuffing TH's worries over my vote. I'm balancing a few things today - even thought it's my day off - but still reveiwing some posters.

linki - Jeez, this game is moving too fast for even me :P
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MM's quick vote for Epi rings pretty false for me, especially since he just said he also considered voting elsewhere. I think he just tried to copy my swag because he realized I wasn't getting lynched for it so maybe he wouldn't either :P
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:MM's quick vote for Epi rings pretty false for me, especially since he just said he also considered voting elsewhere. I think he just tried to copy my swag because he realized I wasn't getting lynched for it so maybe he wouldn't either :P
Umm, who voted for him yesterday? You weren't on that list.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Good point. Can you reiterate your stance on Epi, please?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Why did you guys vote so quickly? MM, you even said it was foolish, so how can you justify it?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Why did you vote for Epi, Marsh?
Because he feels bad to me.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

How did I know that's what you would do?
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Zomberella12 wrote:Hey DP! Anything to say?
TBH I really don't know who I'm going to vote today. I'll need to look at posts more. :p
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

zeek wrote:Why did you guys vote so quickly? MM, you even said it was foolish, so how can you justify it?
Because I can be foolish.

Linki@ TH: I've got the time now, so maybe I'll put a case together.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I am going nuts here?

TH can have a go at my vote which I said myself wasn't strong, but other players can just say "I think he's bad" and vote immediately, without giving due discussion and time to consider their votes? Frankly, this is stupid. Especially from TH, who changed his mind on Llama after so voting quickly last time.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
zeek wrote:Why did you guys vote so quickly? MM, you even said it was foolish, so how can you justify it?
Because I can be foolish.

Linki@ TH: I've got the time now, so maybe I'll put a case together.
That would be excellent. I would like to see it in a more expansive style. Because he feels bad to me, doesn't give much back.

For what it's worth I would be surprised if Epi killed LC.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

You sound pretty upset Zeek.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

zeek wrote:I am going nuts here?

TH can have a go at my vote which I said myself wasn't strong, but other players can just say "I think he's bad" and vote immediately, without giving due discussion and time to consider their votes? Frankly, this is stupid. Especially from TH, who changed his mind on Llama after so voting quickly last time.
Who do you suspect today?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm still looking forward to hearing Epi's thoughts if he still plans on sharing them today.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Really? That's all the two of you have to say?

I suspect both of you, but I doubt it'd help to lynch either :stare:
Turnip Head wrote:You sound pretty upset Zeek.
That people don't have to give reasons and be open to discussion? Damn right. Clearly you're playing a different game to me and you don't need to do any thought on your vote. I think I'm just going to ignore you from now on.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Return to “Previous Jobs”