Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by Turnip Head »

I think Light starts out with a Death Note, and the other Kiras get theirs after specific events, probably including Light (or Misa, etc) losing his Death Note or giving it up.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

Zomba, I'm not convinced yet. Normally, I would take hubby/wife advising, but normally, there is a better reason or case, so I'm having trouble with this. His statement sounded fair to me, like he was trying to be fair. Sounded like he didn't want to judge you without seeing you in action first. Are you saying that he normally would have judged you without waiting for something to judge on?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:I think Light starts out with a Death Note, and the other Kiras get theirs after specific events, probably including Light (or Misa, etc) losing his Death Note or giving it up.
We already know that Misa will forfeit her possession and Higuchi will gain it. Light might lose his, too, according to canon, but I don't think he would lose it forever, since he's still the essential Kira.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I think Light could eventually pass his Death Note to X Kira, but maybe he'd keep a few pages (kills?) for himself?

There I go wildly speculating :P
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:I feel that too, but you can't ignore the fact that he hasn't followed any of his suspicions
On Day 1, I wasn't going to throw my vote away. On Day 2, I made up my mind at the last second to try to save bwt, because I thought the lynch on him was bullshit, especially supported by some of the "let them defend themselves first" mindset. Snowman had a chance and did not, but poor bwt just came home to find out he was lynched. Bullshit.

If any of you do decide to follow DharmaHelper's vote, I want you to keep in mind a few things. First, he and I argued a bit about accountability, and I argued that some people would try to dodge accountability for their vote. DH said that everyone would be accountable for their votes. However, DH framed it so that anything I did could result in him voting for me (if I voted Russ on Day 1, I was just trying to keep my hands clean, but if I didn't vote Russ, then I wasn't following through on my suspicion). Now he says that he's okay voting me even if I'm not bad because I'm dead weight. I don't get offended by things people say, but that stung a little.

DharmaHelper has freed himself of any responsibility voting for me. He doesn't care if I'm Kira. He just wants me gone. Anyway, if your rationale for voting me is that I'm "dead weight," then what is stopping you from voting Snowman? If I get lynched instead of him, then that means someone who really is not contributing gets another pass, and my game will be over. I think that sucks.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:I feel that too, but you can't ignore the fact that he hasn't followed any of his suspicions
On Day 1, I wasn't going to throw my vote away. On Day 2, I made up my mind at the last second to try to save bwt, because I thought the lynch on him was bullshit, especially supported by some of the "let them defend themselves first" mindset. Snowman had a chance and did not, but poor bwt just came home to find out he was lynched. Bullshit.

If any of you do decide to follow DharmaHelper's vote, I want you to keep in mind a few things. First, he and I argued a bit about accountability, and I argued that some people would try to dodge accountability for their vote. DH said that everyone would be accountable for their votes. However, DH framed it so that anything I did could result in him voting for me (if I voted Russ on Day 1, I was just trying to keep my hands clean, but if I didn't vote Russ, then I wasn't following through on my suspicion). Now he says that he's okay voting me even if I'm not bad because I'm dead weight. I don't get offended by things people say, but that stung a little.

DharmaHelper has freed himself of any responsibility voting for me. He doesn't care if I'm Kira. He just wants me gone. Anyway, if your rationale for voting me is that I'm "dead weight," then what is stopping you from voting Snowman? If I get lynched instead of him, then that means someone who really is not contributing gets another pass, and my game will be over. I think that sucks.
Well that's just manipulative.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

catching up now.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:

Had you actually voted for Russ (or anyone you said you were going to vote for) I would have felt differently about you. It would have been a shit vote, but you would have stuck to your guns, so I couldn't fault you for that.

And for the record, I'm OK with voting for you because I think you're bad. If I'm wrong, I won't be that torn up about it because you have contributed absolutely zero to the civ cause. If anything, you have served as a distraction, and a detriment. You have added absolutely nothing of value. All you're doing is complaining and splitting hairs about Yotsuba. Nobody cares. Get over it. If you are a civ, which is significantly unlikely, you should start acting like it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

I'm not going to argue with you DH. You're just looking for excuses so you don't have to take responsibility for not finding Kira. I get it.

I've added absolutely nothing of value. Got it. Thanks.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:I'm not going to argue with you DH. You're just looking for excuses so you don't have to take responsibility for not finding Kira. I get it.

I've added absolutely nothing of value. Got it. Thanks.
I take 100% responsibility for my vote. If only everyone were so inclined. :slick:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Elohcin »

bea wrote:
boo wrote:We should lynch llama.
I disagree.
Me too. I am voting Snowman again.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Epi feels genuine in these posts. And Fwiw -i think he's contributed far more than I have even if it has been tough at times to get to it.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 198

Post by S~V~S »

bea wrote:Epi feels genuine in these posts. And Fwiw -i think he's contributed far more than I have even if it has been tough at times to get to it.
He does? In what way~ I am missing it and if I am wrong I would like to have it explained to me.

He said exactly the same thing to MD as he said to DH, that I just want him gone. That does not sound genuine to me. Tbh.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 198

Post by S~V~S »

DH not MD
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:Host: are we to consider L's likelihod percentages as accurate or as tongue-in-cheek as in the show? :p
You tell me. :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Death Note Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, please keep this in mind, everyone:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, folks, I know this game has been super intense, and no one has necessarily violated this rule just yet, but let's just keep in mind:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
RULES
1. No BTSC (Behind the Scenes Contact/Conversation) with anyone other than your specified BTSC partners.
2. No role outing of yourself or anyone else.
3. Be respectful and remember that this is a game.
4. No double-targeting (targeting the same individual with a power twice in a row).
5. No posting or summarizing the contents of host PMs in the thread.
6. Dead players should not post on-topic and should be in dead red. There is a "dead" button when posting for this function.
7. Off-topic posts should be in off-topic green. There is an "OT" button when posting for this function.
8. Posts from non-players should be in non-player blue. There is a "np" button when posting for this function.
9. Have fun!
Thanks!
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:
bea wrote:MM - nice case! :nod: I'll admit, I've just kinda been skimming Epi - looking for stuff that actually helps and sorta ignoring the wonky. I could see myself voting there.

:haha: OMG Zombra's avi. You two have a super fun marriage don't you? :D

So, I think it was SVS (?) thinking that the LC kill was probably done by a Rev player. Does anyone have any feelings on this? BR - any ideas on who might have wanted LC out of the picture?

Hubby has a dental apt in like an hour - not sure if we are running around between then and our dinner date, but I will keep up on my phone (what else am I going to do while I'm sitting in the waiting room? :D)
Interesting, a rev player would know him better. I do believe he has made an impression since he started playing here as well. I wouldn't limit it to a rev player at all. Killings can be a surprise. Like the last two times I was killed on night 1, I was super surprised when I found out who did it. Don't worry boys, I never forget. I know I'm not that brave. I doubt it was you or SVS. Like I already said I would be blown away if it was Epig. I also can't explain why I doubt it would be him, I guess I always think those two have a lot of fun sparring in the thread. Kinda like a respect thing. I could see DH, Llama, MM, or TH doing it. That's cause I think of them as ballsy players who like to make a statement. It's too hard to be for sure.
I wonder who you might be talking about.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Yeah BR, both times you thought it was me, huh? :P
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

MP keeps trying to get us to take this lynching business less seriously by reminding us that it is just a game. I think he might be bad.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
bea wrote:Epi feels genuine in these posts. And Fwiw -i think he's contributed far more than I have even if it has been tough at times to get to it.
He does? In what way~ I am missing it and if I am wrong I would like to have it explained to me.

He said exactly the same thing to MD as he said to DH, that I just want him gone. That does not sound genuine to me. Tbh.
S~V~S wrote:DH not MD
What do you mean SVS?

Linki @llama: MP is posting in standard player colour. Don't hosts normally post in a different colour? (this post is in remembrance of LC).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I don't like seeing Epi mope around like a sick puppy. Best case scenario, this is an act designed by a baddie to illicit a reaction, that ended up going too far in the opposite direction.

If he is genuinely a civvie, I'm trying to light a fire under his ass so I can see that. But all I'm seeing is a disinterested, grumpy Epi. If he does genuinely think things are hopeless for him or for the civs, laying down and taking it is not the way I'd expect him to go about things.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote: Linki @llama: MP is posting in standard player colour. Don't hosts normally post in a different colour? (this post is in remembrance of LC).
They do, unless they are bad hosts. I don't mean they are bad at hosting, I mean they are bad people who are also hosts.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 148

Post by Black Rock »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
bea wrote:MM - nice case! :nod: I'll admit, I've just kinda been skimming Epi - looking for stuff that actually helps and sorta ignoring the wonky. I could see myself voting there.

So, I think it was SVS (?) thinking that the LC kill was probably done by a Rev player. Does anyone have any feelings on this? BR - any ideas on who might have wanted LC out of the picture?

Hubby has a dental apt in like an hour - not sure if we are running around between then and our dinner date, but I will keep up on my phone (what else am I going to do while I'm sitting in the waiting room? :D)
Interesting, a rev player would know him better. I do believe he has made an impression since he started playing here as well. I wouldn't limit it to a rev player at all. Killings can be a surprise. Like the last two times I was killed on night 1, I was super surprised when I found out who did it. Don't worry boys, I never forget. I know I'm not that brave. I doubt it was you or SVS. Like I already said I would be blown away if it was Epig. I also can't explain why I doubt it would be him, I guess I always think those two have a lot of fun sparring in the thread. Kinda like a respect thing. I could see DH, Llama, MM, or TH doing it. That's cause I think of them as ballsy players who like to make a statement. It's too hard to be for sure.
:meany: :dark:
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

Well then I can assume you aren't Kira or I'd be dead. :eek:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

How many times do I owe you? How was Donner for you? :dark:
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

:eek:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Who do you guys think is going to get killed after the lynch?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

DharmaHelper wrote:Who do you guys think is going to get killed after the lynch?
I hope not me.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Maybe Epi and that's why he's acting so weird.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: Linki @llama: MP is posting in standard player colour. Don't hosts normally post in a different colour? (this post is in remembrance of LC).
They do, unless they are bad hosts. I don't mean they are bad at hosting, I mean they are bad people who are also hosts.
:feb:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I wanted to keep in Death Note Spirit and use either white or black as my host color for this game, but white is the standard color. I therefore wanted black but noticed it doesn't appear very well on this dark background.

So I stayed with white. :P

And I decided I had no particular reason to use any other color than anyone else. :)
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 302

Post by Zombarella »

thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

How many times do I owe you? How was Donner for you? :dark:
I was lynched Day 1 in GoC, so... I think that' counts for something. :)

My team also killed you in Dr. Who, but that was very late in the game at least.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Oh Host...
Ricochet wrote: First off, I just have to ask the Host: are we to consider L's likelihod percentages as accurate or as tongue-in-cheek as in the show? :p
Besides, does anyone have thoughts on L calling out Ace?
(inb4 "good question :feb: ")

Also,
Ricochet wrote:Besides, does anyone have thoughts on L calling out Ace?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Rico,
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Host: are we to consider L's likelihod percentages as accurate or as tongue-in-cheek as in the show? :p
Sorry that doesn't answer your question... or am I? :feb:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Oh, I missed your answer, sorry.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I wanted to keep in Death Note Spirit and use either white or black as my host color for this game, but white is the standard color. I therefore wanted black but noticed it doesn't appear very well on this dark background.

So I stayed with white. :P

And I decided I had no particular reason to use any other color than anyone else. :)
Hosts should be bold and colourful. :srsnod:

Linki: We should consider that, he's taken a back seat since day one. That was for Rico, sense I am likely stuck in linkitis.
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Zomberella, while you're here, could you reply to my question from a couple hours ago?
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Rico,
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorry that doesn't answer your question... or am I? :feb:
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Marmot »

Hey Mata.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Mata, I forgot to ask you for a response to this please. I hope you enjoyed playing outside.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Matahari wrote:I don't think Epig is up to any good either, but I can't really figure out why I feel that way. He's not doing anything that seems remotely helpful

I still feel weird about Metalmarsh voting Epig. His convo with Llama was very confusing, he seemed to disagree with llama, but then he would post something that sounded like he was feeding llama, then back to disagreeing with him. Then he votes epig, kind of out of the blue. Maybe he has bts with llama.
Wait, wait what? You suspect Epi, then you suspect me for voting Epi for the same reason you suspected.

:confused:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Matahari
Drug Dealer

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Matahari »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hey Mata.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Mata, I forgot to ask you for a response to this please. I hope you enjoyed playing outside.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Matahari wrote:I don't think Epig is up to any good either, but I can't really figure out why I feel that way. He's not doing anything that seems remotely helpful

I still feel weird about Metalmarsh voting Epig. His convo with Llama was very confusing, he seemed to disagree with llama, but then he would post something that sounded like he was feeding llama, then back to disagreeing with him. Then he votes epig, kind of out of the blue. Maybe he has bts with llama.
Wait, wait what? You suspect Epi, then you suspect me for voting Epi for the same reason you suspected.

:confused:
I answered that Grasshopper
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Black Rock wrote:
Linki: We should consider that, he's taken a back seat since day one. That was for Rico, sense I am likely stuck in linkitis.
If you're not familiar with the show, then what I referenced is that usually L (and then Near) voiced out low likelihood on several people being Kira (usually on Light), but in fact meant it completely the other way around. I don't know if this would be implemented here, though, because it's not clear how much intel L achieves every night, but I suppose it could also be L's (the player here) decision whether or not to give us a serious likelihood.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Omg, I'm so sorry. I missed it Matahari. Thank you. :blush:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

It seemed to me that L was trying to tell us not to pursue suspicion of Ace.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I was just going to ask what people thought about Russ but he appears to be making a post now. I'm excited. :p
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Matahari wrote:Zomba, I'm not convinced yet. Normally, I would take hubby/wife advising, but normally, there is a better reason or case, so I'm having trouble with this. His statement sounded fair to me, like he was trying to be fair. Sounded like he didn't want to judge you without seeing you in action first. Are you saying that he normally would have judged you without waiting for something to judge on?
No, I'm saying that he wouldn't have judged me, or anyone, ever. That's how he plays. He doesn't build cases. He just hints. It sounds logical and thoughtful but there's no real substance. The fact that he used my name tells me that he wants me dead.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:It seemed to me that L was trying to tell us not to pursue suspicion of Ace.
Could be. Did we ever pursue suspicion of Ace, though?
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

@All - Again, I get that you might not see what I see in Snowman's post. I totally get that. But asking me to explain over and over again is not going to help you see what I see. You either trust me or you don't. You either think that Snowman is a detective that is helping to search for Kira or you don't. He's not posting because be knows I'm on to something and doesn't want to slip up and give me more ammo. You will see. That is the only assurance I can give. I know it's not hugely convincing, but that's what I've got.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Boomslang »

Ricochet wrote:MetalMarsh votes Epignosis first thing D3. Only reasoning he gives is that it's because he doesn't think Epig is intentionally inconsistent.
Almost one day later, makes a big case on Epig bringing out a pattern of intentional inconsistencies.
Receives standing ovation.

Really?
Yeah... the fact that his case came out now, when momentum is starting to build in Epig's direction, is pretty damn pingy.

Other than that, there have been multiple pages of pure pissing contest between DH/TH and Epig, nothing that's really adding to the discussion in any meaningful way. And they want to throw around the "dead weight" accusation... Meanwhile, the case against Snowman is slowly improving based on my read of Zombra (as well as his continued silence), and I will likely cast a vote that way unless something unusual develops by next afternoon.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Zomberella12 wrote:@All - Again, I get that you might not see what I see in Snowman's post. I totally get that. But asking me to explain over and over again is not going to help you see what I see. You either trust me or you don't. You either think that Snowman is a detective that is helping to search for Kira or you don't. He's not posting because be knows I'm on to something and doesn't want to slip up and give me more ammo. You will see. That is the only assurance I can give. I know it's not hugely convincing, but that's what I've got.
I would be very interested to see the results of a Snowman Lynch.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”