Moderator: Community Team

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by Tangrowth »

Am I the only one that thinks of this every time I see "Zombra"?

Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 302

Post by Zombarella »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Zomberella12 wrote:@All - Again, I get that you might not see what I see in Snowman's post. I totally get that. But asking me to explain over and over again is not going to help you see what I see. You either trust me or you don't. You either think that Snowman is a detective that is helping to search for Kira or you don't. He's not posting because be knows I'm on to something and doesn't want to slip up and give me more ammo. You will see. That is the only assurance I can give. I know it's not hugely convincing, but that's what I've got.
I would be very interested to see the results of a Snowman Lynch.
Probably a Zomba NK
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Am I the only one that thinks of this every time I see "Zombra"?

Talky Heads game when? :noble:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Am I the only one that thinks of this every time I see "Zombra"?

Would you believe me if I told you I just got back from a record store and Fear of Music was one of the CD's I bought?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

You are not. :D
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

By the way, yesterday I learned how to kill a Shinigami.

:nicenod:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
Soon. :noble:

Though my schedule pretty much won't allow me to host again after the wedding (August 8th), so expect it in September. :drums:
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

Zomberella12 wrote:
Matahari wrote:Zomba, I'm not convinced yet. Normally, I would take hubby/wife advising, but normally, there is a better reason or case, so I'm having trouble with this. His statement sounded fair to me, like he was trying to be fair. Sounded like he didn't want to judge you without seeing you in action first. Are you saying that he normally would have judged you without waiting for something to judge on?
No, I'm saying that he wouldn't have judged me, or anyone, ever. That's how he plays. He doesn't build cases. He just hints. It sounds logical and thoughtful but there's no real substance. The fact that he used my name tells me that he wants me dead.
Ok, I still am not seeing what you're seeing. I rarely discount intuition, but I still like to have something I can understand. So Snowman doesn't build cases, he just hints, and this is when he is just bad, or also when he is good?

Frankly, he doesn't seem very interested in being here. I could consider a vote for him because in his case, I would think he would be trying to defend himself at least a little.

On the other hand, you voted Llama on day 2, and posted that you didn't think he was a detective, but after Snowman's post, you were asking Llama for some back-up. I don't understand this either.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I still can't get into Fear of Music, though. :sigh:
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Would you believe me if I told you I just got back from a record store and Fear of Music was one of the CD's I bought?
No because who buys CD's? Where do they even sell them?
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

Zomberella12 wrote: No because who buys CD's? Where do they even sell them?
I've bought about a dozen CDs in the last two months.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Soon. :noble:

Though my schedule pretty much won't allow me to host again after the wedding (August 8th), so expect it in September. :drums:
Well I can totally waste time in September, if I get into PhD or new M.A. abroad. No sweat.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Matahari wrote:
Zomberella12 wrote:
Matahari wrote:Zomba, I'm not convinced yet. Normally, I would take hubby/wife advising, but normally, there is a better reason or case, so I'm having trouble with this. His statement sounded fair to me, like he was trying to be fair. Sounded like he didn't want to judge you without seeing you in action first. Are you saying that he normally would have judged you without waiting for something to judge on?
No, I'm saying that he wouldn't have judged me, or anyone, ever. That's how he plays. He doesn't build cases. He just hints. It sounds logical and thoughtful but there's no real substance. The fact that he used my name tells me that he wants me dead.
Ok, I still am not seeing what you're seeing. I rarely discount intuition, but I still like to have something I can understand. So Snowman doesn't build cases, he just hints, and this is when he is just bad, or also when he is good?

Frankly, he doesn't seem very interested in being here. I could consider a vote for him because in his case, I would think he would be trying to defend himself at least a little.

On the other hand, you voted Llama on day 2, and posted that you didn't think he was a detective, but after Snowman's post, you were asking Llama for some back-up. I don't understand this either.
Hey, right now, I need all the support I can get. I'll deal with Llama later (or never - love you Llama).
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

thellama73 wrote:
Zomberella12 wrote: No because who buys CD's? Where do they even sell them?
I've bought about a dozen CDs in the last two months.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Rico, keep trying with Fear of Music. It'll click eventually. I always preferred a lot of their other albums for a while, and then Fear of Music SHOT up my appreciation pretty suddenly, and it's only gone up ever since.

Remain in Light will always be my favorite though, and probably my favorite 1980s album ever. :noble:

I'll stop the music talk here though and save it for the Talking Heads game, I swear.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Boomslang wrote:
Ricochet wrote:MetalMarsh votes Epignosis first thing D3. Only reasoning he gives is that it's because he doesn't think Epig is intentionally inconsistent.
Almost one day later, makes a big case on Epig bringing out a pattern of intentional inconsistencies.
Receives standing ovation.

Really?
Yeah... the fact that his case came out now, when momentum is starting to build in Epig's direction, is pretty damn pingy.

Other than that, there have been multiple pages of pure pissing contest between DH/TH and Epig, nothing that's really adding to the discussion in any meaningful way. And they want to throw around the "dead weight" accusation... Meanwhile, the case against Snowman is slowly improving based on my read of Zombra (as well as his continued silence), and I will likely cast a vote that way unless something unusual develops by next afternoon.
May I ask why it's pingy?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

EBWOP: Favorite 1980s album except any Rush album, of course, but that's a given. :P
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Rico, keep trying with Fear of Music. It'll click eventually. I always preferred a lot of their other albums for a while, and then Fear of Music SHOT up my appreciation pretty suddenly, and it's only gone up ever since.

Remain in Light will always be my favorite though, and probably my favorite 1980s album ever. :noble:

I'll stop the music talk here though and save it for the Talking Heads game, I swear.
I wanna make him stay up all night!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, re: Talking Heads Mafia, prepare for CONSTANT David Byrne and Talking Heads quotes from me all game because there's almost nothing I love more than randomly quoting Talking Heads. :P
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, re: Talking Heads Mafia, prepare for CONSTANT David Byrne and Talking Heads quotes from me all game because there's almost nothing I love more than randomly quoting Talking Heads. :P
Psycho killer. Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, re: Talking Heads Mafia, prepare for CONSTANT David Byrne and Talking Heads quotes from me all game because there's almost nothing I love more than randomly quoting Talking Heads. :P
America is waiting.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Zomberella12 wrote:
Psycho killer. Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa.
That role will be so mine. :noble:

OK, done talking Heads as well.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Boomslang »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:May I ask why it's pingy?
Because you didn't offer it initially, only when it became clear that others would support your cause. Making a long, involved case against Epi makes your previously spurious early vote more respectable; you seem to have concluded that it the effort is worthwhile now and are committing your fire.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:By the way, yesterday I learned how to kill a Shinigami.

:nicenod:
:bighug:
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Snowman
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Snowman »

boo wrote:
Zomberella12 wrote:Image

So our last lynch was pretty good. Lets get another baddie today.
That's clearly a demon-possessed llama. Therefore, we should kill llama.

Also, I saw Zomberella with the devil-llama.
I'm down.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Turnip Head »

It's time for my Day 3 Rankings of Pointlessness!!!!!!

There's a new feature today. I took out the "Elusive" category since it didn't seem very relevant and replaced it with "Consensus Kira Suspects". These are players that the thread has discussed at large as potential Kiras, with my summation of the reasons behind those suspicions.

Case Makers
1. FZ - for her passionate yet misguided case on BWT and subsequent continued involvement in the thread
2. Zombarella12 - for her enthusiastic case on Snowman, despite a perceived lack of substance re: case itself
3. Metalmarsh89 - for his takedown of pussyfooted Epignosis
4. thellama73 - continues to assert his suspicion of Snowman despite few new contributions to the case
5. DharmaHelper - has not been in case making gear lately
6. boo - has descended into madness following the failed lynch attempt on Llama
7. Epignosis - he's about to fall off the Case Makers list, as he hasn't made a substantial case since his one on Russ Day 1
8. AceofSpaces - he's about to fall of of here as well

Thinkers
1. FZ. - places herself at the forefront of discussions even when she knows people will be suspicious of her for it
2. S~V~S - she's playing a thoughtful game from what I can tell
3. juliets - always willing to look at all sides of a situation
4. bea - seems to be her usual, thoughtful self
5. Black Rock - rock solid, you can always count on good content from her
6. Turnip Head - continues to contribute to all discussions
7. Ricochet - contributes to suspicions as well as lore/mechanics explanations
8. thellama73 - steadfast in his Snowman suspicion and penchant for bad jokes
9. MetalMarsh89 - more compelling gameplay than yesterday, upon TH's persistence, but I think he delivered
10. Zomberella12 - much more active recently and seems willing to answer questions, she might suffer from tunnel-vision
11. DharmaHelper - putting in more effort than yesterday but still a bit reserved
12. Matahari - contributing like a Mata always does
13. Elohcin - thinking critically about gameplay and players
14. Boomslang - has spent most of his recent time looking into Yatsuba connections, so his thinking cap might be on backwards
15. Zeek - he's stayed consistent in his thoughts, enough to move out of the depths where Roxy handed off the role
16. boo - something seems to have spooked boo
17. Epignosis - with all his Yotsuba ramblings and nihilistic attitude, his ranking has dropped significantly
18. AceofSpaces - disappeared from the discussion in the aftermath of the Trice lynch
19. Spacedaisy - has been busy but seems to be doing his best to stay caught up
20. Bass_the_clever - has been busy but seems to be doing his best to stay caught up
21. Snowman - has been busy but seems to be doing his best to stay caught up, but needs to respond to the accusers
22. Made - has anyone seen Made?
23. Disgruntled Porcupine - always lurking rarely posting
24. Russtifinko - yup.

Consensus Kira Suspects
1. Epignosis - has not contributed to many civ-friendly discussions and openly refuses to answer accusations against him
2. Snowman - alleged by some to be avoiding the thread and manipulating his wife, his responses so far have not swayed his accusers
3. Llama - has fallen off of most radars with the notable exception of a possibly possessed boo
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

TH, I believe the case is sound and does not need new contributions to remain so.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm sure that is the case Llama, I was just explaining why your rankings hadn't changed much.

(Also I accidentally called Spacedaisy a he :blush: )
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Boomslang wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:May I ask why it's pingy?
Because you didn't offer it initially, only when it became clear that others would support your cause. Making a long, involved case against Epi makes your previously spurious early vote more respectable; you seem to have concluded that it the effort is worthwhile now and are committing your fire.
I see. Well whatever. I didn't want to distract from other conversation by posting a big case early in the day. I also didn't feel like going through all that effort yesterday, partially due to time constraints.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Snowman wrote:
boo wrote:

See...this is where I disagree, I think. BWT wasn't bad...I mean he wasn't a kira, right? He was yotsuba.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Boomslang wrote:
Ricochet wrote:MetalMarsh votes Epignosis first thing D3. Only reasoning he gives is that it's because he doesn't think Epig is intentionally inconsistent.
Almost one day later, makes a big case on Epig bringing out a pattern of intentional inconsistencies.
Receives standing ovation.

Really?
Yeah... the fact that his case came out now, when momentum is starting to build in Epig's direction, is pretty damn pingy.

Other than that, there have been multiple pages of pure pissing contest between DH/TH and Epig, nothing that's really adding to the discussion in any meaningful way. And they want to throw around the "dead weight" accusation... Meanwhile, the case against Snowman is slowly improving based on my read of Zombra (as well as his continued silence), and I will likely cast a vote that way unless something unusual develops by next afternoon.
So Boomslang claims that the case on Snowman is slowly improving. TH claims that the case has come to a standstill as far as llama's proceedings. Which is it?

Also TH, your list has gotten downright silly. Nobody's been taken down. Epi is still very much alive.

And why is llama a "consensus" Kira suspect if only a psychokiller boo suspects him as such?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:(Also I accidentally called Spacedaisy a he :blush: )
I can attest to that not being the case. :P
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't see how the Snowman case can move forward any further until we hear from the Man himself.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Also my list has been silly from the start.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 198

Post by S~V~S »

Snowman wrote:
boo wrote:

That's clearly a demon-possessed llama. Therefore, we should kill llama.

Also, I saw Zomberella with the devil-llama.
I'm down.
He posted this about 10, 15 minutes ago.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Well that is certainly underwhelming.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

This is the second day in a row TH's list has excused Snowman's lack of participation and has claimed, despite all evidence, that he is "doing his best".

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't see how the Snowman case can move forward any further until we hear from the Man himself.
And I think this is exactly why it IS moving forward.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I think Zomba forgot to add to her profile on Snowman: not playing one bit. :nicenod:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ricochet wrote:I think Zomba forgot to add to her profile on Snowman: not playing one bit. :nicenod:
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Boomslang »

Elohcin wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I don't see how the Snowman case can move forward any further until we hear from the Man himself.
And I think this is exactly why it IS moving forward.
:clap: But seriously, a lack of defense is itself informative, and in this case, I don't think in a good way.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I think Zomba forgot to add to her profile on Snowman: not playing one bit. :nicenod:
And he may ask himself, this isn't my beautiful wife.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Turnip Head wrote:
Nah.

llama is TH and TH is llama. maybe Epi is llama and llama is Epi. maybe TH is epi and Epi is TH.

zomba is not Snowman and snowman is not Zomba.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Wouldn't a snowman's wife be named Snowwoman? Hmmmmm??
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
And he may ask himself, this isn't my beautiful wife.
:haha:

SAME AS IT EVER WAS
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

This is a question that comes up frequently in situations such as this and I want to ask Zomberella:

You seem perfectly content to reap the rewards if Snowman is bad. Would you shoulder the blame if Snowman is good?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

How do you kill a shinigami, Epi?
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote:How do you kill a shinigami, Epi?
With the magic words: Notice me, senpai.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:How do you kill a shinigami, Epi?
Aside from Rem (and a result of her ability), they appear unkillable.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

DharmaHelper wrote:This is a question that comes up frequently in situations such as this and I want to ask Zomberella:

You seem perfectly content to reap the rewards if Snowman is bad. Would you shoulder the blame if Snowman is good?
I think that would certainly be fair. I would do it, but I wouldn't like it.

Return to “Previous Jobs”