Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 302

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by Zombarella »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:10 minutes. Not bad. I'm gonna go watch some Youtubes. I wonder if Netflix will release House Of Cards at midnight.
How is that show, by the way?
Awesome, disgusting, amazing, and crass.
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

My ears are ringing.

Also, I hate to do something over simplified but Russ' very strict daily schedule is making me increasingly paranoid and unless someone changes my mind between now and tomorrow afternoon I am probably going to vote for him.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73 wrote:On a scale of one to ten, how much better off are the detectives for having spent all those pages on the puzzle?
Sounds like your complaint should be with our most excellent host for adding a fun and different mechanic to the game that some players chose to partake in :shrug2: It's weird to look down upon players for participating in part of the game.

But on a scale of 1 - 10, the answer is "We don't know yet".
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

I'm grateful to the puzzle solvers. If the host has a puzzle as part of his game, and no one works on it, its kind of insulting.

linki
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

I'm not well versed in ciphers but if people want to give them a good try, I don't see a huge issue.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I am only saying be wary of the puzzle solvers in the sense of people who are not adding to the conversation. TBH - boo today was the one that struck me most odd. He was all about lynching llama with no real reason that I can remember - he fell silent his contribution to today's discussion was helping a little with the puzzle.

and zombra and MM - I get why you guys would be upset with this sort of accusation, but it's really just good paranoia. Sometimes the best baddies are the most thread helpful ones. TH in Harry Potter lead his team to victory because no one could believe he was bad. Including me. I helped rezzed a civ and thought they were bad because they said bad things about TH. It's not at all personal.

FWIW - zombra - I don't think you are bad. I have pretty good feels about you actually.

MM - I think you are on the level but I am keeping you at arms lenght in my feels catagory because - history - that's fair right?

also @ zombra. I used to get really mad at DP and Lizzy and APerson and Vomps because they play the way they do. DF was and is always a source of confusion to me. I love when he's civ but it's usually too late in the game for me to tell it. You can hate the way they play and vote them for the way they play all you want, doesn't change the fact that at the end of the day - just like I will never be a code breaker or a case maker - they will never post as much as you want them to. :sigh:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:My ears are ringing.

Also, I hate to do something over simplified but Russ' very strict daily schedule is making me increasingly paranoid and unless someone changes my mind between now and tomorrow afternoon I am probably going to vote for him.
I'm wary of Russ too.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Matahari wrote:I'm grateful to the puzzle solvers. If the host has a puzzle as part of his game, and no one works on it, its kind of insulting.

linki

who are you looking at this lynch?
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

bea wrote:I am only saying be wary of the puzzle solvers in the sense of people who are not adding to the conversation. TBH - boo today was the one that struck me most odd. He was all about lynching llama with no real reason that I can remember - he fell silent his contribution to today's discussion was helping a little with the puzzle.

and zombra and MM - I get why you guys would be upset with this sort of accusation, but it's really just good paranoia. Sometimes the best baddies are the most thread helpful ones. TH in Harry Potter lead his team to victory because no one could believe he was bad. Including me. I helped rezzed a civ and thought they were bad because they said bad things about TH. It's not at all personal.

FWIW - zombra - I don't think you are bad. I have pretty good feels about you actually.

MM - I think you are on the level but I am keeping you at arms lenght in my feels catagory because - history - that's fair right?

also @ zombra. I used to get really mad at DP and Lizzy and APerson and Vomps because they play the way they do. DF was and is always a source of confusion to me. I love when he's civ but it's usually too late in the game for me to tell it. You can hate the way they play and vote them for the way they play all you want, doesn't change the fact that at the end of the day - just like I will never be a code breaker or a case maker - they will never post as much as you want them to. :sigh:
Okay. I am willing to trust your opinion of DP, at least for now.
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I can think of exactly one person who looked like he was trying to appear helpful regarding the puzzles. It's my buddy Made:
Made wrote:A tip that might help for future puzzles: Phrasing is often similar in roles specifically, so looking for patterns might help.
This was after we were already balls deep in the puzzle. This post screams "Look at me trying to help!" more than any posts from the genuine puzzle solvers.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

TBH I've been trying harder than usual to scrounge up some feelings in this game, but I typically don't like to say much until I feel pretty damn strongly about something, and I can be very indecisive. :p Oh well.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

And yeah, Made has been interesting to me but I think the only other game I've been in with him was the game I co-hosted and he played very oddly then too, so I'm approaching him with caution.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

bea wrote:
Matahari wrote:I'm grateful to the puzzle solvers. If the host has a puzzle as part of his game, and no one works on it, its kind of insulting.

linki

who are you looking at this lynch?
TH, for the reason I mentioned earlier, and Russ and Made, who fall into the same category as TH. In fact, I'm probably looking more at Made and Russ than TH. This far into the game, I would have expected more out them, and the way Russ started the game, with no posts, then he started posting, then he just disappeared again. It seems unhelpful at the least, and could fit into the 'flying under the radar' thing.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

lol - at that up there - anyone else besides russ?

linki - cool deal zombra - keep me posted if you see anything else that should make me rethink DP is on the level :)

linkie agian - th - I totally forgot he even made that post!

linki again again - fair enough mata.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Zomberella12 wrote: No kidding. Besides, how could you tell the difference between someone who is bad and "wants to look helpful" and someone who is good and "wants to look helpful"? Are detectives not allowed to look helpful in this game? I guess a civvie would say, "Ooh a puzzle, better not help because that would make me look bad because it makes me look good?" I hope that didn't happen. I really do.

Also, DP makes me mad. I don't care if this is his regular game. His regular game is stupid. Play or don't. If he chooses not to play, then I want to lynch him.
On a scale of one to ten, how much better off are the detectives for having spent all those pages on the puzzle?

Regarding DP, that's why we added the participation score. It will catch up to him.
Time != pages.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

DharmaHelper wrote:So, random question, not related to anything you might have just posted and that I am quoting. Now that Snowman has melted are you officially single?
Sorry, I totally don't get your question. Are you asking me if Snowman divorced me over an online game? How old are you IRL?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Zomberella12 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:So, random question, not related to anything you might have just posted and that I am quoting. Now that Snowman has melted are you officially single?
Sorry, I totally don't get your question. Are you asking me if Snowman divorced me over an online game? How old are you IRL?

ok it's official - you are my new favorite person in this forum - you have now graduated to puppy status. :hug: :hugs: :clap: :cloud9:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Zomberella12 wrote:
I think DH was trying to make a joke about how he agreed with your opinion on something, but it totally fell flat :P
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote:
Zomberella12 wrote:
I think DH was trying to make a joke about how he agreed with your opinion on something, but it totally fell flat :P
Not many people get my humor.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I do about 50 percent of the time. - the other 50 - I'll totally admit -I completely tend to read the wrong way.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

bea wrote:I do about 50 percent of the time. - the other 50 - I'll totally admit -I completely tend to read the wrong way.
Hadn't noticed.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Zomberella12 wrote:
Not many people get my humor.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

:haha:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'll go die under a rock now.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

bea wrote:
Zomberella12 wrote:

ok it's official - you are my new favorite person in this forum - you have now graduated to puppy status. :hug: :hugs: :clap: :cloud9:
I love you too <3 Our celeb name would be ZomBee [rim shot]. :zombie: :bea:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Still not as good as boobea.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote:secret word guesses:

bad - good - light - dark - apple - cookie - oranges (wot - they are always significant. :noble:) -

linki- mm - that was not my intention - I'm sorry if it came off that way to you. I was trying to say that yes - I did understand why he felt that way, but again -if you read my post -you'll see I was cautioning him on thinking that sort of mechanic could only = a baddie. I think MP would have - if it served more than one person - spread it across the board. I sometimes try to emphesise words based on how I hear them in my head, and that gets lost in translation. I should keep inflection to myself I think?

linki - DH - ok - then how did you mean it? I believe that I may have misread it - how should I have read it?
No, do not keep your inflection to yourself. Thank you for clearing it up.

I'm still keeping an eye on you. ;)
bea wrote:and zombra and MM - I get why you guys would be upset with this sort of accusation, but it's really just good paranoia. Sometimes the best baddies are the most thread helpful ones. TH in Harry Potter lead his team to victory because no one could believe he was bad. Including me. I helped rezzed a civ and thought they were bad because they said bad things about TH. It's not at all personal.
I was that civ who knew TH was bad though. :biggrin:
bea wrote:MM - I think you are on the level but I am keeping you at arms lenght in my feels catagory because - history - that's fair right?
Does that mean because of limited history, or is there another bond we share that I missed (excluding Dr. Who BTSC)?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DharmaHelper wrote:
bea wrote:I do about 50 percent of the time. - the other 50 - I'll totally admit -I completely tend to read the wrong way.
Hadn't noticed.
well- look at it this way - the 50 percent of the time I was laughing is balanced out with the 40 percent of the time I thought you were hateful and didn't call you out on it. ;) I do try to temper my posts with the idea that people are posting them for the most honest of reasons. :)
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Hadn't noticed.
well- look at it this way - the 50 percent of the time I was laughing is balanced out with the 40 percent of the time I thought you were hateful and didn't call you out on it. ;) I do try to temper my posts with the idea that people are posting them for the most honest of reasons. :)
And the other 10% you are drfunk and can't remember your role or whether or not you're even still alive.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I adore zombrea but yes. TH is right. Boobea was the best. :D I was JUST going to say that.

@ MM - I forgot that too about HP - I keep forgetting who was who in that game what with the socks and stuff. LOL. But no - not that history and yes a bit from
Who - I know you can be slippery when you need to be. :)

linki -dh -your right. feel better now? My bone is infinitely smaller than epi's so there is less to chew. :) Have you had enough of it yet? or should I try to find more for you to chew on?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

bea wrote:I adore zombrea but yes. TH is right. Boobea was the best. :D I was JUST going to say that.

@ MM - I forgot that too about HP - I keep forgetting who was who in that game what with the socks and stuff. LOL. But no - not that history and yes a bit from
Who - I know you can be slippery when you need to be. :)

linki -dh -your right. feel better now? My bone is infinitely smaller than epi's so there is less to chew. :) Have you had enough of it yet? or should I try to find more for you to chew on?

You might not see it, but I don't have an issue with you at all.

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

i don't honestly - because it feels like you do.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

bea wrote:i don't honestly - because it feels like you do.
I cannot express to you how sorry I am.

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

maybe post game we can work it out then. :)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I don't know what we have to work out.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm at a loss of what to do with myself here. I must be on my own wavelength or something. This sucks. I feel like shit. I'm genuinely feeling like shit at 12:30 in the morning over a game. What is wrong with me?

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

don't feel bad - I prolly took some things too personal - like the so drunk and forgetting my role or that I was alive - I'm sure that I did something that made you feel that was an appropriate thing to tell me - but for the life of me I can't think of it now and it reads hurtful - don't feel bad - we'll work it out later. :)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

bea wrote:don't feel bad - I prolly took some things too personal - like the so drunk and forgetting my role or that I was alive - I'm sure that I did something that made you feel that was an appropriate thing to tell me - but for the life of me I can't think of it now and it reads hurtful - don't feel bad - we'll work it out later. :)
When did I say you were so drunk or that you forgot your role/that you were alive?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Can any interpersonal issues please stay out of the thread? That's what the Mod on Duty is for. Thanks!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Forget it. I'm gonna step away from this game (for real this time I promise) for a good long while. In the event that I am killed before I come back I should probably vote. I'm considering Made or TH.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Went with TH.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Well come back soon, DH. I'm not picking up baddie vibes from you yet, despite your ill-conceived vote for me.

Is Made going to make an appearance? :confused:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote:don't feel bad - I prolly took some things too personal - like the so drunk and forgetting my role or that I was alive - I'm sure that I did something that made you feel that was an appropriate thing to tell me - but for the life of me I can't think of it now and it reads hurtful - don't feel bad - we'll work it out later. :)
That was entirely a joke and not even true at all. I'm sorry.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:
When did I say you were so drunk or that you forgot your role/that you were alive?
That was me who said that, and she probably only saw it in linki.

Well I'm a serious shithead, and my apologies to everyone I've bothered by it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
That was me who said that, and she probably only saw it in linki.

Well I'm a serious shithead, and my apologies to everyone I've bothered by it.
I love you buddy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sidebar, and this probably isn't the right place to suggest this, but I think the site could use a "playful teasing" color tag, like off-topic or sarc orange, to distinguish when somebody's just having a bit of lighthearted good-natured fun. I think a lot of these types of comments tend to get misinterpreted over the interwebz.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Playful pink, maybe :D
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

You're right TH I meant

I love you buddy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:Sidebar, and this probably isn't the right place to suggest this, but I think the site could use a "playful teasing" color tag, like off-topic or sarc orange, to distinguish when somebody's just having a bit of lighthearted good-natured fun. I think a lot of these types of comments tend to get misinterpreted over the interwebz.
This is a good suggestion, TH. Very true, over the internet, and especially in a game designed around deception and accusations, content and tone can be easily misunderstood. Will mull over this.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote:Playful pink, maybe :D
I've always been a big fan of the pink.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”