Moderator: Community Team

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 5]

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:I see Eloh (and for that matter no one else) has taken my advice to build a case to lynch Made.
:suspish: What? Why don't you go build a case on him?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I see Eloh (and for that matter no one else) has taken my advice to build a case to lynch Made.
:suspish: What? Why don't you go build a case on him?
Because I've already cast my vote?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

This game is just silly.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Elohcin »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I get the feeling that lynching Eloh today is unavoidable.
I get that feeling too :puppy:
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
juliets wrote:I am leaning toward an Elo vote but I will give it a couple of hours to see if Elo has anything else to say or something happens to change my mind.
Hey jules, what do you think of Epi and Metalmarsh this game?
I would need to relook at Epi because there are times I think he is bad but there have been plenty of times I have thought he was a civ. I don't completely trust him though. Metalmarsh I haven't had an opinion on one way or another. Do you think Epi and/or MM are bad? If so I'll dig deeper into both.
I feel pretty much the same as you re: Epi, I've had both civ and baddie impressions of him, but I want to try and sort it out. I do think there was a change in his approach following the novel-length case on DH. His contributions since then have felt more genuine to me. I want to figure out why I think this.

I've watched MM closely and I get the feeling that he isn't interested in catching Kira. I'm waiting for him to make a move that proves me wrong. Getting him to share his thoughts on Light was a bit like pulling teeth: when I asked him for players who fit his profile for Kira, he simply gave me a list of names with no analysis attached whatsoever, players he had barely investigated, like he was leading me on a wild goose chase. That pinged me something fierce.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

I'm having a hard time believing that any host would allow a role to info-dump. Especially this host.
But, I can see some kind of ability that allows someone to post suspicions without info-dumping. Which would make it seem that L wants Eloh to be lynched. But then I also think, the reason was made up, so as not to role-out someone. I want to think this through before I vote, and look back at some posts before the lynches.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Boomslang »

I'm having an almost impossible time keeping up with the flow of this game right now between the huge volume of posts and my own commitments. I guess I'm kind of surprised by how much talking is still going on, because the next couple of lynches should run on autopilot. First, get Elo and see if L is telling the truth. Second, get TH again and either out him or actually kill his now unprotected bum. So I don't feel that bad about being behind here. *votes Elo*
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm voting Eloh.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I decided to see if I could make the case for Made but I can't search for everything that's been said about him because his name is too common so I only have what makes me suspicious. Besides that, this message from L came up and my attention was drawn to elo.

I don't know why Elo isn't speaking up, she's been in the thread. It makes it look like she's given up. Anyway, I'm going with L and we'll at least be able to tell something about L from this lynch. I'm still bothered by the info dump issue - though if L is not telling the truth it wouldn't be an info-dump. But then why would L lie to us? The whole thing just keeps going around and around in my head but I've had enough. Time to take a stand. *voting Elo*
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

Thank you Julliets. That was very helpuful :)

What if L is telling us to lynch Elo based on high percentages he got on her actually being Kira, but since he isn't allowed to info dump, he's lying and telling us this instead, so we go and lynch her anyway.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Would that be considered info dumping?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh that's an interesting theory FZ. It would be very clever of L to do that and it wouldn't count as an infodump since it's not true (at least I don't think it would count.)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm going to go find MP's rules and see if fake infodumping is not allowed. I don't remember him saying that.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Here's what he has to say:

"If you have knowledge that comes from your role power, and not the thread, or if you want to fake that knowledge, please remember to utilize actual reasons. Do NOT indicate that your role or some power has given you knowledge, ever."

Given that I would say you can fake knowledge.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Well, I have pretty much given up. Shoot....if I were in your position, I would probably end up voting me too. I have to be honest. But you must also know that just because my name is at the bottom of the screen, doesn't mean I am HERE. I leave the tab up most of the time so I can check it every once in a while and not get too behind. Today I've been busy living :) The kids have seven weeks of school left for the year. Abigail learned two-digit adding and subtracting today (so like....doing the ones column, then the tens column) and Simon learned long division. I think my biggest joy in life is teaching my children. I also worked out, of course, I've lost 27.5 lbs y'all!!!!
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 154

Post by zeek »

I've briefly looked back at Elo and found nothing that really makes me comfortable or suspicious with her, but that is exactly how I've felt every game with her so :shrug:

With that said, I'm going to vote for her. We have to trust L and this is the only way to make sure we can.

linki - well done :)
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Elohcin wrote:Well, I have pretty much given up. Shoot....if I were in your position, I would probably end up voting me too. I have to be honest. But you must also know that just because my name is at the bottom of the screen, doesn't mean I am HERE. I leave the tab up most of the time so I can check it every once in a while and not get too behind. Today I've been busy living :) The kids have seven weeks of school left for the year. Abigail learned two-digit adding and subtracting today (so like....doing the ones column, then the tens column) and Simon learned long division. I think my biggest joy in life is teaching my children. I also worked out, of course, I've lost 27.5 lbs y'all!!!!
Sorry Elo I know better than to make that assumption because I have the page up almost all the time but am not here all the time. And congratulations on the academic achievements of the kids and your healthy lifestyle!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I would honestly give up if I were in Elo's position too, regardless of role :( I've been there before. Sorry this happened Elo, I know it sucks.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 148

Post by Black Rock »

Elohcin wrote:Well, I have pretty much given up. Shoot....if I were in your position, I would probably end up voting me too. I have to be honest. But you must also know that just because my name is at the bottom of the screen, doesn't mean I am HERE. I leave the tab up most of the time so I can check it every once in a while and not get too behind. Today I've been busy living :) The kids have seven weeks of school left for the year. Abigail learned two-digit adding and subtracting today (so like....doing the ones column, then the tens column) and Simon learned long division. I think my biggest joy in life is teaching my children. I also worked out, of course, I've lost 27.5 lbs y'all!!!!

It's a sticky situation you're in, at this point the best bet for information is to lynch you. I also leave my tab open all the time, so I understand that. Rev used to refresh every so often and people would think I was on at 5am.

Congratulations! I just recently joint the gym and I have lost 8 lbs. 27.5 is an awesome number to achieve.

With that note I am going to vote now. I've seen enough. Sorry Eloh, is just where it's at.
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

juliets wrote:Here's what he has to say:

"If you have knowledge that comes from your role power, and not the thread, or if you want to fake that knowledge, please remember to utilize actual reasons. Do NOT indicate that your role or some power has given you knowledge, ever."

Given that I would say you can fake knowledge.
Thanks Julliets.
It says to utilize actual reasons even if you want to fake it. On the other hand, how can you fake having knowledge without acting like you do? :confused:

linki: Yeah, I see no other option
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

okay, voting Elo
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

zeek wrote:I've briefly looked back at Elo and found nothing that really makes me comfortable or suspicious with her, but that is exactly how I've felt every game with her so :shrug:

With that said, I'm going to vote for her. We have to trust L and this is the only way to make sure we can.

linki - well done :)
Does this mean my mafia playing has gotten better then? I guess so :)

@Juliets - thanks.

@ TH and BR. I do not blame you all for voting me. Not one bit :(

Black Rock - Congrats! to you too. Don't look down upon 8 lbs :) It was Christmas day when I had lost 8 lbs. Keep it up. Today, I am at my pre-second pregnancy weight. I have 11.5 to go to be pre-pregnancies weight :D
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Oh, and that's really impressive Elo!
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Elohcin wrote:Does this mean my mafia playing has gotten better then? I guess so :)
It means I still can't read you! Which is good if you're bad :P
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

:meany: I feel a rainy day nap coming on. Don't want to miss the vote. I'm going to trust L and vote eloh.

Eloh - as I said before - regardless of the outcome you should be proud of your playing this game.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

AND....if you want to pack ON the calories.....tomorrow is National Pancake Day. IHOP has a free short stack of pancakes for anyone who dines in :)

@ zeek, so I need to get better at looking CIV all the time then instead of being unreadable.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I will say this: Poorly done, L.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

DharmaHelper wrote:I will say this: Poorly done, L.
I do have to agree. I would have hoped that if L thought I was bad, he would have tried to build a case on me. Don'tcha think?
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Well, Eloh it is.

Was it just me, or did Boomslang's autopilot comment raise any eyebrows though? Setting up the next lynch before the current one is even over does not inspire trust.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

boo wrote:Well, Eloh it is.

Was it just me, or did Boomslang's autopilot comment raise any eyebrows though? Setting up the next lynch before the current one is even over does not inspire trust.
Yeah we should lynch him.

ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

DharmaHelper wrote:

:sigh:

I had suspected him earlier in the game, but then he kind of dropped off the map. That's the first post that I've seen from him since like D1 (maybe 2? a few thousand posts ago either way) that made any impression.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

boo wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

I had suspected him earlier in the game, but then he kind of dropped off the map. That's the first post that I've seen from him since like D1 (maybe 2? a few thousand posts ago either way) that made any impression.
So we should lynch him.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

boo wrote:Was it just me, or did Boomslang's autopilot comment raise any eyebrows though?
You are not alone.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

well...there is it...more than half. the votes are on me. I am going to go ahead an vote Black Rock. I could be wrong in my reasons for voting her, but I am almost sure I am right.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

DharmaHelper wrote:
boo wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

So we should lynch him.
I was looking for discussion.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

ebwop: more than half of*
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 148

Post by Black Rock »

Boomslang wrote:I'm having an almost impossible time keeping up with the flow of this game right now between the huge volume of posts and my own commitments. I guess I'm kind of surprised by how much talking is still going on, because the next couple of lynches should run on autopilot. First, get Elo and see if L is telling the truth. Second, get TH again and either out him or actually kill his now unprotected bum. So I don't feel that bad about being behind here. *votes Elo*
This one? I missed it before. I didn't realize we had an autopilot plan. I agree that the game has a tremendous amount of posts but the last few days have been a lot easier to keep up with.

Linki Eloh: You are not.
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Elohcin wrote:well...there is it...more than half. the votes are on me. I am going to go ahead an vote Black Rock. I could be wrong in my reasons for voting her, but I am almost sure I am right.
Did I miss those reasons in a previous post?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

boo wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
boo wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

So we should lynch him.
Discussion on two posts worth of content?

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Elo, would you give us your reasons for voting Black Rock?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

DH is cricking my brow more than Boom tbh.
Elohcin wrote:@ zeek, so I need to get better at looking CIV all the time then instead of being unreadable.
Well being unreadable can have its charms, even looking too civ seem suspect!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Zeek how do you feel about Epi and Metalmarsh so far?
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

DharmaHelper wrote:
boo wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
boo wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

So we should lynch him.
Discussion on two posts worth of content?
Have you been hit in the head recently?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

zeek wrote:DH is cricking my brow more than Boom tbh.
Elohcin wrote:@ zeek, so I need to get better at looking CIV all the time then instead of being unreadable.
Well being unreadable can have its charms, even looking too civ seem suspect!
Me? what did I do?

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Elohcin wrote:well...there is it...more than half. the votes are on me. I am going to go ahead an vote Black Rock. I could be wrong in my reasons for voting her, but I am almost sure I am right.
Sorry Elo. For what it's worth, I was suspicious of you before the L thing, so he's not the only reason I voted for you. If I'm right, L takes the credit. If I'm wrong, I feel stupid...

And I have a feeling I now who L is
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

*know
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

juliets wrote:Elo, would you give us your reasons for voting Black Rock?
Oh, I found it. But she said it was FZ who was her top suspect (then she corrected that to Zomba, she had the wrong person in mind). She said she was also suspicious of BR... but if Zomba was the top suspect, I'd be interested to know what made that change.
Elohcin wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I think FZ may be kira. She is my top suspect. I know I have said I have gone back and forth on her, but her posts this day phase really make be thing she may be kira. So...think for a minute. If you were kira and you got this info in the thread from L about someone being a kira sympathizer.....how would you react? She was ready to go jump right on me and follow L no matter what. BR too, now that I think about it. They both TALKED like they were ready to vote me right away. BUT...did they? No. B/c they are probably secretly thinking something like, "Well..what is she IS a kira sympathizer. I want to act like a detective and talk like I am ready to follow L's suggestions right off, but I will hold off voting for her just in case she really is a sympathizer. I will only vote her once others have decided it is best....better to blend."

So....FZ and Black Rock....I suspect them b/c of their reaction to L's thoughts.

lots of linki I'll read in a sec
You're funny.
Here is my post from earlier today.
FZ. wrote:I, for one, do not intend to ignore TH, because no matter his alignment, he's asking good questions, and I disagree with everyone saying he's doing counter productive things. The only thing he's doing that's problematic is his early voting, and we have too many players doing that.
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. If Epi wants to suspect me for that, haha, newsflash: Seems you're already suspicious of me, so whatever.

I have no idea what to make of this L thing, but since I wasn't feeling very good about Elo in the first place, this just adds to it. I have no problem voting for her, but if I find a better option, I'll go with that.
I'm still interested in what Bea has to say in reply to Boo. I'd like to see the exchange there.
Perfect fit to what you're saying...or not.
I've been suspicious of you before this day, and what I said is, L saying what he did just adds to it. How was I ready to follow L no matter what? I didn't vote right away because I never do unless I'm sure, and I like to weigh all options before I do.
This is a big fat NO U if I ever saw one

I am embarrassed FZ. I am so sorry. How I keep getting you and Zomb mixed up I don't know. It was her and Black rock that were ready to come at me. Maybe its the Z, I don't know.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

DH - Little things really. Like your last comment on L's post being poorly done. I could see that coming from an annoyed baddie. Just little things, not enough for me to vote for you in the future.

TH - Epi has equally worried me and made sense to me. Whatever role he has I'd be shocked if it's Kira. Same with MM tbh, I find myself agreeing with him more often than not however.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

boo wrote:
juliets wrote:Elo, would you give us your reasons for voting Black Rock?
Oh, I found it. But she said it was FZ who was her top suspect (then she corrected that to Zomba, she had the wrong person in mind). She said she was also suspicious of BR... but if Zomba was the top suspect, I'd be interested to know what made that change.
Ahh yes I remember that post now that you've pointed me toward it and yes, it looks like BR was not the top target. Thanks.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

zeek wrote:DH - Little things really. Like your last comment on L's post being poorly done. I could see that coming from an annoyed baddie. Just little things, not enough for me to vote for you in the future.

TH - Epi has equally worried me and made sense to me. Whatever role he has I'd be shocked if it's Kira. Same with MM tbh, I find myself agreeing with him more often than not however.
It's poorly done regardless of my alignment though. :ponder:

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”