Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 148

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 6]

Post by Black Rock »

FZ. wrote:
Black Rock wrote:FZ, you aren't seeing my civvie game. I would like to know what you are comparing that to. I don't think my game changes because alignment. My game changes on what my role allows me to know. It's just something to take into consideration. You won't find a Kira or sympathizer by lynching me. You have a very wrong read on me right now, or maybe you know that. :shrug:

Off to work for a couple of hours.
I agree this is a possibility. I've just come to expect more from you. I think I've been very impressed by your gut feeling in the last games we've played, and you say what's on your mind. Maybe I am wrong, and your post here does make me second guess myself (here's another reason to call me bad, llama), and maybe you have your reasons to keeping a low profile. But since I do expect more from you, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Do you think Made is the kind of player to say something so stupid as a baddie? What do you think about Bea, Boo and Zeek?

Yes, yes I do. I have seen it before. Monopoly he said something stupid, tried to cover it up. We lynched him, he was bad.

I don't trust Bea at this point. Boo has fallen into my neutral area and I haven't paid much attention to Zeek at all this game. Maybe it's time to read up on him.

This post has been sitting in limbo for over an hour while LC caught up in the Rabbit game, so I will likely have a lot of linkitis and need to catch up.
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

Someone (else) should build a case on me.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Turnip Head wrote:Yeah, a lot of players aren't making Kira cases, but Made is one player who I feel would be doing so if he were a detective. Others are just laying low like they always do.

I could see Bea killing SVS and Long Con, and I could see Made killing Aces and Zomberella. I agree that the methodology between the first two kills and the next two changed. And you're right, it could just be that the later kills are more influenced by game events than the earlier ones. It doesn't have to mean the notebook switched hands, but it could.

Frankly I'm a little concerned about how blase Bea is regarding her own lynch, she said she would be happy to have her role revealed :confused: Maybe she was the First Kira and can't be lynched atm.

This makes me giggle lots TH.

I'm not blase - I understand completely that at this point - I will be voted for or not based on how much people trust me.

I'm ok with that.

I'm ok with being lynched.
I'm ok with my role being revealed.

Not because I'm the first Kira and can't be lynched.

If you lynch me I will die. And it will be proven that I am always what I said I am. A civ.

Call this a reverse WIFOM. I'm saying. If you don't believe me - lynch me and prove me right.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

and also -hot damn! that's a heck of a case epi! It certianly as me thinking twice about FZ.

I could also be down with a Made vote.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

bea wrote:and also -hot damn! that's a heck of a case epi! It certianly as me thinking twice about FZ.

I could also be down with a Made vote.

Damn, I knew I forgot to go back and read something.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

bea wrote:I'm not blase - I understand completely that at this point - I will be voted for or not based on how much people trust me.

I'm ok with that.

Arghrhr you're killing me Bea! I can't read stuff like this. I don't know if you've got some zen inner peace vibe going on as a detective, or if you're bullshitting hard. If you're going to die and you ARE a detective, you shouldn't be okay with being lynched, because it gets Kira closer to his win condition and brings the rest of us closer to losing. I see what you mean though, dead players can win the game with their team and better to be revealed as a civ during the day than die an anonymous death at night... but idk. I don't know what to make of this non-defense.
bea wrote:I will be voted for or not based on how much people trust me.
Do you think people trust you? And who do you NOT trust, Bea?
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Turnip Head wrote:
bea wrote:I'm not blase - I understand completely that at this point - I will be voted for or not based on how much people trust me.

I'm ok with that.

Arghrhr you're killing me Bea! I can't read stuff like this. I don't know if you've got some zen inner peace vibe going on as a detective, or if you're bullshitting hard. If you're going to die and you ARE a detective, you shouldn't be okay with being lynched, because it gets Kira closer to his win condition and brings the rest of us closer to losing. I see what you mean though, dead players can win the game with their team and better to be revealed as a civ during the day than die an anonymous death at night... but idk. I don't know what to make of this non-defense.
bea wrote:I will be voted for or not based on how much people trust me.
Do you think people trust you? And who do you NOT trust, Bea?
I am more and more convinced I'm right that she is Light. Unfortunately for us, based on how she's acting now, I think DH must be right that the death note she had has moved on, so we couldn't lynch her right now. Or that's what she's hoping we decide to think so we don't even try? But from the sounds of it (says the ownership of the note can be forfeited any time, not just at night), even if she still has it and just changed MO to get people to think it had moved on, she could still get rid of it if she were to be in trouble of getting lynched... so I guess until we know or strongly suspect that she has a note again (I read it as being possible to force her into having a note if one of or maybe both Higuchi and Mikami are dead? Not really sure about that, but I have a hard time believing Light can just permanently remain unlynchable and unNKable just for giving up the ability to NK in exchange).

Which means, I think, finding the other Kira's has to take priority. So on that note, while I don't actually trust Epi because I still think he's probably Yotsuba, I do think the points he brought up about FZ make her a strong contender for being one of those Kira.
Banners
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

I was coming on to say that I would barely be here today, because I have 30 people coming over, and now I have this. I'll just start by saying that lynching me will be a big big big mistake. My responses are in pink
Epignosis wrote:I read through FZ. on Day 2. She encouraged people to vote bwt instead of Snowman, as you may recall.
FZ. wrote:Anyone who hasn't voted, please consider a vote for BWT

linki: llama, show me later, but right now, it doesn't matter much, does it?
FZ. wrote:I just went back and read Snowman's posts. I don't like the votes for him. Stop it
When I refused to vote for one of the "alternatives," I believe I touched a nerve:
FZ. wrote:Let me tell you Epi, you're looking worse by the minute. I didn't ask you to vote Snowman. If anything, I asked you not to. I just asked you not to waste a vote, and you're giving me this shitty speech about how you're going to vote whoever you damn well please. Bravo
The testiness aside, I want to highlight the underlined. All of a sudden on Day 2, FZ. is concerned about me not wasting a vote (i.e., having to vote someone with a reasonable chance of getting lynched).

Read the underlined, and then compare it with what she said about me Night 1:
FZ. wrote:I don't know what to think about Epi and DH either. At least Dh is following his suspicions. Epi just talked forever about lynching Russ, and argued endlessly with DH, but ended up voting for me. Not sure exactly why.
I had four suspects Day 1 (not "just" Russ), and I didn't "just" argue with DH. That "just" can be a naughty word. It can make people think only A happened when A, B, C, D, and E happened. Ah well. My point, linked to the underlined, is that FZ. pressured me to vote someone who already had votes, but couldn't figure out why I voted her instead of Russ (even though I posted my suspicion of FZ. the morning of the Day 1 lynch).
I defended Snowman strongly, and asked you to vote BWT because at that time, I started feeling Snowman was an easy target. I thought he was a civ, and BWT seemed a hell of a lot more suspicious to me than Snowman. Am I proud of it? No! Am I bad because of it? Hell no. When you try to look back at all the games you've ever played, how many times do you remember baddies defending other baddies so strongly? I'm not saying it hasn't been done, but it's a suicidal plan, because 9 out of 10 times, people are going to think you were connected. When I defend someone so strongly, it's cause I honestly believe he's going to get wrongly lynched. I admit I've defended people I believe are civvies, when I was a baddie myself, but only once have I defended a team mated, and naturally, it backfired. I asked you to look in K-site, because that's the only place you can go to see my style and compare. I didn't do it because I thought no one would go. It's not that hard
After bwt flipped, FZ. said this:
FZ. wrote:I'd love to say that this is a good lynch, and it's definitely better than the last lynch, but I would have much preferred if it was a known baddie. At this point, I'll say that I guess third parties alignments might depend on the person playing it. I know I, as an indie would most probably choose the civvie side, while others would choose the baddie. I hope BWT is the kind that would choose the latter. It would make me feel a lot better for pushing for that lynch.

I still don't think llama is bad, but not ruling out one of the non detective roles. Same goes for Snowman. I liked Russ' analysis as well. Thought it was very helpful.
This post alone rules out FZ. as Yotsuba if one were to assume that Eiichi Takahashi's win condition is the same as the other non-Kira Yotsuba, which I do, having watched almost all of the show and given the role powers regarding the meeting and the phone call.
I am a person that takes responsibility for lynching someone who is not bad (not sure what BWT is considered, but I agree that Snowman was the better choice), and I feel bad for it. Doesn't mean anything.
FZ. wrote:(you can always go on K-site and look at my baddie games).
:ponder:

Not as simple an invitation for those of us who do not visit K-Site and wouldn't know that you're not FZ. there. In addition, someone's "game" here cannot reasonably be compared to a forum in which Day phases last a week, votes are changeable, a poll is not readily available, roles are revealed in NKs, you can't post but once at Night, and there has to be a majority (or half) for a lynch to happen at all. Feel free to disagree with that. Finally, why would we be trying to look at your "baddie game" in order to see if you are bad here? Are you that transparent when you are bad? I don't think you would be.
Again, since you all keep using crappy reasons to call me bad, like me defending a baddie, I want to prove that it's something I never do. Where can you see it? On K-site. If you actually care to get rid of the Kiras, you'd be interested in not lynching someone who couldn't be farther from a Kira. That's the reason.
FZ. wrote:For me, I get suspicious, I attack, I read what the other person says. If I still think it's fishy, I attack again, and read their answer again. If I'm eased, I lay off for the time being and look for a new "victim". I do this until I decide either to vote for a person or not.

And sometimes I just go with my gut on a whim. I'm a complicated person. I don't always do the exact same thing.
So which is it? Can we go look at your "baddie game" on K-Site and decide, or are you a "complicated person" who doesn't always do the same thing?

But very well. I took the time to find a game in which you were bad (Star Trek) and I read through the thread. All 69 pages. :nicenod:

++++

What follows is my read of that game. If you are not interested in accepting FZ.'s invitation to read one of her "baddie games" on K-Site, you can safely ignore what follows.

The first thing that popped out at me was that you are too easily dissuaded, which matches your behavior here, I think.

Another thing that caught my attention was this post, in which you said the following: "The last time I remember calling out someone for saying something pointless in his first post in the game, it was TH in a game I just played with him on TS (are you being served), and he was scum. No one wanted to vote for him for almost the entire game, and I was right. It doesn't make me right this time, but that's how I play. You don't have to follow. I'll still call out what I find scummy." The importance here is you are justifying backing off of a suspicion (in this case, baking off of Laura) by showing how you were right one time at The Syndicate.

Here, FZ. wants to remove the focus off of her by getting others to talk about other people.

Again, you excuse your accusation of Laura by saying that it wasn't really much of a suspicion. Later, your teammate (k4j) would support you in backpedaling, even going so far as to say "I'm not trying to take heat of FZ."

You also threw out a lot of names early on, which is what you also did here.

Was Laura bad??? Was she my team mate? Sure, I go after civvies, and I back off. These are things I do both when a civ and a baddie. It's how we all play the game, isn't it?
Like k4j, you don't shy away from defending teammates.

This maybe the one and only thing I'm having a problem with. I forgot about this, but it does have an explanation. Me and K4J always trust each other fairly quickly when we are both civvies, and when we start off bad, it almost always means one of us is bad. We talked about how we couldn't start suspecting one another because there's no coming back from that, so we decided to play the relatively trusting each other. But he's the only player. I know this doesn't sound sincere, but it is.

This post implied an irritation at fingersplints only saying "No, I am not scum."

What exactly is your problem with that? I do try to look like I'm actually baddie hunting no matter what alignment I have. When someone just says I'm not bad and doesn't give anything more, you can bet I'll call them out on it.

Also, you don't have a problem correcting a teammate in the thread, and you did so in this case in under 25 minutes.
Ha? What's wrong with correcting a teammate? I thought the problem is that I'm trusting one, which regarding K4J, I explained.
You talk about teammates when others bring them up and then make excuses for them based on past experiences.
I never said I just go and vote for a team mate and screw him. Of course, when it's not too obvious, I try to stir the talk away from them. But I never do the "I don't like the votes on Snowman, stop it" like I did this game. I'll never stop a team mate's lynch like that. If anything, when I'm bad and a team mate has been caught, I'm one of the first to vote for them (like second or something).

Knowing that Laura (the emo cop) checked FZ. Night 0, I found this interesting because FZ. is declaring what somebody else (who was dead, incidentally) would do as a defense of herself. In the former post, FZ. demonstrates an ability to turn suspicion around against a civilian. I'm taking note of the phrase, "If you really are a townie..."

Defending a teammate and suspecting him at the same time. Again, offering her teammate an out ("Either...")
First, I'm glad you're taking notes :P once again, if I defend a team mate, you just prove again and again that it's very subttle, not like what's been happening here

Again, FZ. finds a way to weasel out of her suspicion by citing past games AND cites the actions of other people piling on him as evidence that she could be wrong about him. So an interesting point: FZ. is okay with her suspect if she's the only one voting that person by the end of the Day, but if others agree and vote earlier, then she starts feeling that she could be wrong. Bear in mind that, in this context, she is bad.
Has it happened here, or did I encourage people to vote for BWT? You're just proving that I'm not bad. I'm doing nothing like I did in that game

FZ.'s reaction to a civilian lynch she led is that she should be lynched next, but she is ready to point fingers again in post 666. :eye:
Notice that with BWT, I took responsibility but I did not say, just lynch me, or whatever. Very different. There are nuances, because I like to think I do try to act the same when I'm bad, but when I'm good, I just feel crappy for lynching a civ, and when I'm bad, apparently I overreact. Thanks for this, I'll try not to do it in the future.
And at this point, bea replaces FZ. due to harrowing real life events.

++++

That's the end of that reading scenario.

In summary, FZ. invites us to accept comparing her playing here with her playing elsewhere. I think she said that because she didn't actually believe anybody would do it, and I further believe the invitation was a ruse to make us think she has a "civilian game" and a "baddie game," when in fact she implied that she doesn't:
FZ. wrote:I'm a complicated person. I don't always do the exact same thing.
I never implied I have a civvie game and a baddie game. If anything, I said exactly the opposite when you came after me on day one as not being involved enough and not going strong after people like you're used to when I'm a civvie. So you can see that initial suspicion can go straight to the garbage. I didn't want you to compare my baddie game to my civvie one, because I really hope there isn't much difference (but I just witnessed that there is), but because I wanted you to see:
a. I play strongly no matter what
b. I don't strongly defend team mates.
Two reasons you've all used to view me as bad, and I think I proved them both

If you all really want to make a good decision, take the time to actually read my response and don't just bandwagon by saying it's a good case. Hell, if it wasn't me, I'd probably not even bother reading this long post (though I appreciate it). So saying it's a good case without thoroughly reading it, would not make you a better civ.

And now, I really have to go, and I'll be back later. I'll just say that if it's between me and Made, I will vote Made even though I've not been convinced he's that bad
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

Here's something else I want to say about FZ. Something that's been bothering me. The following quotes are from Day 2.
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I came into today feeling pretty much the same about FZ as I did before. When she is a civ, regardless of the thread output, she is fearless, poking people and speaking her mind. Calling people out for all kinds of things. This game, not so much. When she finally does suspect someone strongly enought to commit to it (kinda) it is someone she suspects for basically the same reasons she herself is suspoect.
It is rare that you and I agree, especially on a suspect with matching reasons.
bea wrote: She feels a bit over defensive at being looked at too. I've never heard her say that there was too much discussion going on before this game. Here or on her own site. She's usually the one trying to get people to talk more.
Zomberella12 wrote:About FZ, I don't like that she called me out, it was weird. But I really want her to be a civ because she is an awesome civ! I've only played one game with her though. I will have to take what SVS and bea say about her into consideration because they know her playstyle much better than I do.
Matahari wrote: I am still wary of FZ, she raised points about Bea's posts that were good examples of her own style of posting. But at this point, I'm so weary of the manipulating nit-pickers that I'm probably going to vote one of them. They seem badder by the minute.
DharmaHelper wrote: FZ. vs Bea - Bea is like this a lot, but she's also very good at doing what she does and being bad. FZ has struck me so far as moderately more suspect than the people she is bringing up.
Made wrote: Right now, I'm at a vote for FZ or TH. I have yet to read much of anything from snowman. What's the general case on Snowman?
Elohcin wrote:I've never seen such a desparate FZ. It's odd.
You had eight players, not counting me, mentioning at least some suspicion on FZ. In fact, at the time I thought it all seemed too easy. I got nervous and backed off her, because I thought too many people were ready to hop onto the bandwagon for her to be bad. Yet when the votes came in not a single person voted for FZ. Of course, that was also the day she helped lead the charge against BWT who, I need not remind you, was a Yotsuba (not too many feathers on either side ruffled by that lynch. Convenient.)

I am now wondering if some people were playing along with the suspicion by paying lip service to it, but never really had any intention of voting for her. It seems weird to me, and is another reason why I plan to vote for her today.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:I never implied I have a civvie game and a baddie game.
Eh?
FZ. wrote:I'll just say that I wish you all knew how I play a baddie. I never defend someone who is on my side. Sadly, I'm more like MP in that sense. But I get you won't take my word for it (you can always go on K-site and look at my baddie games).
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I don't know FZ, Epig has pointed out some very contradictory statements.
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Black Rock wrote:I don't know FZ, Epig has pointed out some very contradictory statements.
My case on her is good too.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:I had four suspects Day 1 (not "just" Russ), and I didn't "just" argue with DH. That "just" can be a naughty word. It can make people think only A happened when A, B, C, D, and E happened.
You can't spell "justice" without "just" Mr. Detective.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I had four suspects Day 1 (not "just" Russ), and I didn't "just" argue with DH. That "just" can be a naughty word. It can make people think only A happened when A, B, C, D, and E happened.
Can you spell it without "ice"?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
No.

Speaking of ice, ice is the solidified form of water. Water is an incredibly abundant resource on the earth. Where do we get water from? Though it comes from the rivers, lakes, seas, and oceans, we commonly get our water directly from a water spout or fountain. Coincidentally, Higuchi translates to "someone who lived by a drain or water spout". I think there's a correlation here with our Mr. "Just-Ice".

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Boomslang »

bea wrote:What there are br - there are 2 sets of potential civ bts. I could be near and pulled him into chat and found his role out. It could be any of those scenarios that make llama l - I could be l and
investigated myself to see how people would react.

Or it could be the.truth. - I just strongly think llama is a civ. I've had good feels about him and he's done nothing to
makeline me think he is bad. :)
Hmm... If you were L, don't you think investigating yourself would be a waste of time? Or even a danger, especially as the previous L message was used to lead a successful lynch on a Kira supporter. I find that hypothetical a little too glib.

There's also been a couple places where you've expressed almost a resigned attitude toward being lynched. If you're not willing to defend your own civness while alive, why should anyone else?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

What do you guys think about FZ.'s defense? Maybe I'm just naive but it seemed to make sense to me and she seemed genuine. I was all convinced she was bad when I read the case without her response.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I think the case on FZ is pretty strong. I also wouldn't be opposed to voting Made again because he has said anything that has changed my mind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:
Eh?
FZ. wrote:I'll just say that I wish you all knew how I play a baddie. I never defend someone who is on my side. Sadly, I'm more like MP in that sense. But I get you won't take my word for it (you can always go on K-site and look at my baddie games).
30 people left my house not long ago, and I'm still not finished cleaning. I'm tired of defending myself for things I can't control and know are not true. If you want to lynch me, it's a waste of time, but go ahead. This will not bode well for the civvies, I guarantee it.

Once again, this is not saying I have a baddie game vs. a civ game, but rather that when I'm bad, I don't do what you keep accusing me of doing. Nothing I say at this point is going to make you actually consider you're wrong and you know it. So what's the point?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

juliets wrote:What do you guys think about FZ.'s defense? Maybe I'm just naive but it seemed to make sense to me and she seemed genuine. I was all convinced she was bad when I read the case without her response.
That's because building cases on civvies is a lot easier than building cases on baddies. It's the simple truth. I've seen it happen over and over again. :sigh:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote:What do you guys think about FZ.'s defense? Maybe I'm just naive but it seemed to make sense to me and she seemed genuine. I was all convinced she was bad when I read the case without her response.
Me too jules. I don't want to lynch FZ today.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:
That's because building cases on civvies is a lot easier than building cases on baddies. It's the simple truth. I've seen it happen over and over again. :sigh:
In the context of this game, this statement is demonstrably false. I don't see why it's any easier to build a case on a civilian than it is to build a case on a bad guy.

I voted.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Gonna be perhaps the most interesting lynch to date.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
No.

Speaking of ice, ice is the solidified form of water. Water is an incredibly abundant resource on the earth. Where do we get water from? Though it comes from the rivers, lakes, seas, and oceans, we commonly get our water directly from a water spout or fountain. Coincidentally, Higuchi translates to "someone who lived by a drain or water spout". I think there's a correlation here with our Mr. "Just-Ice".
Very good point. ICE also stands for In Case of Emergency, or Immigration & Customs Enforcment (Japanese people are foreigners), which I think is relevant.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Eh?
30 people left my house not long ago, and I'm still not finished cleaning. I'm tired of defending myself for things I can't control and know are not true. If you want to lynch me, it's a waste of time, but go ahead. This will not bode well for the civvies, I guarantee it.

Once again, this is not saying I have a baddie game vs. a civ game, but rather that when I'm bad, I don't do what you keep accusing me of doing. Nothing I say at this point is going to make you actually consider you're wrong and you know it. So what's the point?
Are you role claiming a Shinigami?

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:
In the context of this game, this statement is demonstrably false. I don't see why it's any easier to build a case on a civilian than it is to build a case on a bad guy.

I voted.
Good for you :rolleyes:

It's easier because in any game, civvies watch what they say significantly less than baddies, so they say things that can later be interpreted however you want it to go. That's why even if someone says things that are "contradictory" or things that are suspicious, I find those people most of the times a lot less suspicious than those who allegedly do all the right things to be considered a civ
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

My case on Snowman worked out pretty well, I think.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Eh?

No, I think I made it very clear that I'm the farther as can get from that or any baddie role out there. You all can do with it whatever it is you want
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Eh?

No, I think I made it very clear that I'm the farther as can get from that or any baddie role out there. You all can do with it whatever it is you want
Are you role claiming L?

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:My case on Snowman worked out pretty well, I think.
Well then, this makes it 1 out of 2, so your success just dropped to 50% in this game.

Linki: No! FIrst of all, I'm not role claiming, or I'll be punished. Secondly, there are a lot of roles that fit what I said
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:
Well then, this makes it 1 out of 2, so your success just dropped to 50% in this game.

Linki: No! FIrst of all, I'm not role claiming, or I'll be punished. Secondly, there are a lot of roles that fit what I said
Dropped to 50%? Where have you been? 50% is a HUGE improvement for me.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote:

Dropped to 50%? Where have you been? 50% is a HUGE improvement for me.
If you were at a 100 until now, this is definitely a drop.

Seriously llama, what are your reasons for voting me?

1. I make assumptions. Like that's not something you roll your eyes at me for doing every game.
2. I defended Snowman. Forget the fact that he probably didn't have BTSC. Even if I did, what Epi brought from K-site shows exactly that while I subtly try to push suspicion away from team mates, while at the same time throw some at them myself, I don't bluntly defend them like I did Snowman.
3. I forgot the rest
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

What do you make of Bea's hinting. Do you think it's real and voting her would be a waste of time, or do you think she might be bluffing?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ, my reasons for voting you are:
1. You've been contradictory, as Epi has pointed out.
2. You've been eager to explain away bad behavior by guessing at the role secrets (which I think is a baddie move.)
3. Your vote record has been opportunistic. You defended Snowman all day but then ended up voting for him.
4. You were too easily cowed away from your case on me.
5. Other people climb onto and fall off of suspicion of you too easily.
6. You were wishy washy on TH. Take a stand!
7. You said there has been too much discussion. Stifling.
8. You said it was a waste of time to talk about Yotsuba. Stifling.

linki: I don't make anything of Bea right now.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:FZ, my reasons for voting you are:
1. You've been contradictory, as Epi has pointed out. Something civvies are not allowed to be? Sorry, I missed that memo
2. You've been eager to explain away bad behavior by guessing at the role secrets (which I think is a baddie move.) LIke I said, you know it's something I do every game, and you keep telling me to stop.
3. Your vote record has been opportunistic. You defended Snowman all day but then ended up voting for him. I defended him when I thought he was a civ, and when I no longer thought so, I changed my mind. Still don't see what's bad about it.
4. You were too easily cowed away from your case on me. I wasn't easily cowed away (is that a real phrase?), I thought you could be bad, and talked to you. When I talk to people, it makes me get a better feeling of them. It doesn't mean I can't be wrong, but that's how I play
5. Other people climb onto and fall off of suspicion of you too easily. How am I responsible for that? They go with the tide
6. You were wishy washy on TH. Take a stand! That's absurd. I am the one who kept saying not to vote for him, and that I think no matter what, he's being helpful
7. You said there has been too much discussion. Stifling. At the point where I had to catch up on over 10 pages every time I came on, it was too much for me. I wished things would go slower and that some people stopped the pissing contests
8. You said it was a waste of time to talk about Yotsuba. Stifling. I said that if we weren't going to lynch them at that point, talking about them was a waste of time, and it was better to focus on finding a kira

linki: I don't make anything of Bea right now.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Spacedaisy »

Frankly I am surprised by this stuff coming out the woodwork about FZ. And I don't know that I buy it. She feels genuine to me. So since i need to vote before going to work because voting from work is a pita, I'm putting my vote on Made.

Votes Made.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:

I voted.

It's easier because in any game, civvies watch what they say significantly less than baddies, so they say things that can later be interpreted however you want it to go. That's why even if someone says things that are "contradictory" or things that are suspicious, I find those people most of the times a lot less suspicious than those who allegedly do all the right things to be considered a civ
If that's true in any game, then why not just build cases on the people doing all the right things?

Simple. :slick:
FZ. wrote:BWT, on the other hand, has just made a claasic baddie move, by voting for the most obvious choice, one that has no consequences because he never encouraged anyone to follow, nor is he here to debate it. He gave Russ a bate he knew Russ had to take, and Russ "took" it because he had no choice, making it easy for BWT to vote him.
Huh. So you're suspicious of people doing all the right things AND suspicious of people making the obvious "classic baddie moves."
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

This lynch is a win win for me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

why is it a win for you DH?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:why is it a win for you DH?
Assuming FZ gets lynched, if she's bad thats awesome. If she's good, Epi and Llama will have an incredible amount of egg on their faces.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Assuming FZ gets lynched, if she's bad thats awesome. If she's good, Epi and Llama will have an incredible amount of egg on their faces.
Which is a mighty selfish way to think about it... If she's good, the civ cause will have taken a hit regardless of the light it casts on Epi and Llama.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And Epi and Llama will just move on to their next case regardless of the outcome today. Though I do think they're wrong in this case.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Boomslang wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Which is a mighty selfish way to think about it... If she's good, the civ cause will have taken a hit regardless of the light it casts on Epi and Llama.
If we lynch anyone and they turn out good it will mean the civs take a hit :huh:

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm voting for FZ, because I want DH to have a win-win scenario.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:

I voted.

If that's true in any game, then why not just build cases on the people doing all the right things?

Simple. :slick:
FZ. wrote:BWT, on the other hand, has just made a claasic baddie move, by voting for the most obvious choice, one that has no consequences because he never encouraged anyone to follow, nor is he here to debate it. He gave Russ a bate he knew Russ had to take, and Russ "took" it because he had no choice, making it easy for BWT to vote him.
Huh. So you're suspicious of people doing all the right things AND suspicious of people making the obvious "classic baddie moves."
It's nice that you enjoy reading me so much. Glad to see I'm such an inspiration :P
But this is totally different. Notice that when I thought it was a classic baddie move, I actually said what he did that was flawed. What are you doing? Bringing up my contradictions. Who said contradictions mean baddie. Wasn't it in this game that someone, I believe you, just showed how llama isn't playing the way he said he believed should be played? Seems like you are very good at finding people's contradictions. While I'm sure contradictions are not an automatic sign of being bad, I'm not sure any more what this means about your actions, Epi
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:I'm voting for FZ, because I want DH to have a win-win scenario.
Nice that you can justify your actions which such a morally flawed strategy
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm voting for FZ, because I want DH to have a win-win scenario.
Ok, either you or llama need to start using sarcastic orange...
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Boomslang wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Ok, either you or llama need to start using sarcastic orange...
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I didn't understand the point Epi was making either re: FZ's stance on "classic baddie move" vs "doing all the right things"... that doesn't even seem like a contradiction to me, just different observations on what could be suspicious behavior.

And like FZ said, contradicting oneself doesn't make one bad. Civvies are more likely to accidentally contradict themselves. See: Llama saying assumptions are evil while he keeps assuming Snowman could possibly have had BTSC with someone (or that someone on his team knew his role) despite all evidence to the contrary.

And at least FZ is here defending herself. Made and Bea aren't even trying :ponder:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm voting Rob-a-dob Dob.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”