Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Re: Death Note Mafia [NIGHT 6]

Post by thellama73 »

RIP Made.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Bye Made.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

RIP Made, see you next game.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

bye made.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

Hey guys, I'm in a bind. Eloh has two cakes to bake for this weekend and we're out of eggs. I have to run out in this nasty weather and-

Oh wait, I found plenty.

Thanks man.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Random factoid:

As of this post, this game is exactly 2,000 posts away from becoming the largest mafia thread on this site. It currently is the 2nd longest, after Doctor Who.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Random factoid:

As of this post, this game is exactly 2,000 posts away from becoming the largest mafia thread on this site. It currently is the 2nd longest, after Doctor Who.
Let's keep up the good work people
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 148

Post by Black Rock »

Shit, I missed the lynch. I am not caught up and won't be till tomorrow. Sorry, my daughter actually wanted to hang out with me tonight, which is very rare. It completely escaped me.
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Random factoid:

Which is insane.... considering it's only Day 6
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Damn, sorry for missing the vote. I totally forgot it was today and was doing all my school stuff. Made was who I planned on voting, alignment outting or no. :p
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:Hey guys, I'm in a bind. Eloh has two cakes to bake for this weekend and we're out of eggs. I have to run out in this nasty weather and-

Oh wait, I found plenty.

Thanks man.
As far as I'm concerned my read of Made was correct. He was not a detective.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That's fair enough.

How about FZ. now. Hmm?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:That's fair enough.

How about FZ. now. Hmm?
I''m more interested in looking at Black Rock, Bass, and DP. I maintain that the current Kira was not paying enough attention to the thread.

I also don't think FZ would tell us all to fuck off if she were bad.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Add Spacedaisy to that list, as her only post today was her vote for Made.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I learned that I was wrong about someone on Day 1. Not wrong about the role element, but wrong about the alignment. Judging from what I read, I wasn't the only one. Now, without calling attention to the obvious, which has already been stated, but what the fuck?

Made instead of FZ.?

Kira will always have at least 3 votes at their disposal in the BEST case scenario. That is an ugly endgame premise. Stop burning lynches on Yotsuba. Stop picking easy targets. If you are a detective and you think Yotsuba are okay to lynch, you will lose. At endgame you will have at least 3 votes against you.

And stop falling for bullshit. Bullshit isn't hard to spot. I can offer training if anybody wants (except I won't offer it because I don't tell my secrets). But as an exhibition:

Look at this post:
DharmaHelper wrote:What is interesting to me is the shift in attention away from Made.
Made was Yotsuba, and the LEAST interesting one of their group. Why is a shift in attention away from Made interesting?

++++

DH defended FZ. Yes, folks, he did. How?
DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:why is it a win for you DH?
Assuming FZ gets lynched, if she's bad thats awesome. If she's good, Epi and Llama will have an incredible amount of egg on their faces.
THAT, folks, is a subtle defense. It doesn't say FZ. is good, but it implies it, and it gives DH a pass if FZ. is bad. There is no stand taken. It's also fucking manipulative. Think on this: How many of you would LIKE to see Epignosis AND thellama73 look stupid at the same time?

I see hands belonging to people who aren't even playing this game. Shut up you. :suspish:

It is a post that lets DH straddle a fence. And so many of you are letting his crotch get splinters.

++++

I waited to post all of this until I heard back from DH about FZ., who had the audacity to provide three more names:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:That's fair enough.

How about FZ. now. Hmm?
I''m more interested in looking at Black Rock, Bass, and DP. I maintain that the current Kira was not paying enough attention to the thread.

I also don't think FZ would tell us all to fuck off if she were bad.
Make that four:
DharmaHelper wrote:Add Spacedaisy to that list, as her only post today was her vote for Made.
Do you really buy this shit? Four people to look at instead of FZ.? FZ. wouldn't tell us all to fuck off if she were bad? This is apologetics.

Look at who DH wants to "look at" now, and compare it to what he said to S~V~S:
DharmaHelper wrote:So, from this wellspring of discussion and suspicion and theories and back and forths, you come away wanting to vote for a low poster? :eye:
Lynch FZ. immediately.

And stop dismissing DH vs Epi as dick games. Start learning to smell bullshit when it begins wafting into the air.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

You are aware there are several Kiras, correct?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:You are aware there are several Kiras, correct?
Dismissive patronizing. Try again dude.

That there are four Kira is not a reason to suspect four people.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Please, tell us what you think of FZ. and her posts besides, "Well, she wouldn't swear at us."
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
Dismissive patronizing.
Teach me oh sensei

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dismissive patronizing.
Teach me oh sensei
You won't like my method, but it's cheap. A tall tree and a short piece of rope. All it takes.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I wonder what FZ. will say about all this.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:Please, tell us what you think of FZ. and her posts besides, "Well, she wouldn't swear at us."
Anything I say you will contort and warp as you've been doing, for God only knows what reason. You're not willing to take my input seriously at all, so why should I give it to you? Anyone whose idea of a "case" is quoting every single post I've made and placing a completely false commentary over all of it is not worth my effort. :shrug:

I don't think FZ. would fake being so offended (going so far as to say Fuck You to all of us) if she were bad. I just don't feel like thats the case, and if it is, then I'm embarrassed because I've fallen for it and disapointed that she'd employ such a tactic.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:I wonder what FZ. will say about all this.
Bullshit.

Am I doing it right?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

RIP Made :( I had a feeling you weren't a Kira.

I'm sorry I used words I don't usually do. I got frustrated. I can take all the heat in the world, even if it's bull and Epi and llama are as wrong as it gets. But when you told me that I outed civvies, I snapped.
First of all, I didn't even know about that role. The only reason I went to check is because Boo talked about it, and then DH, and then all the rest. How stupid do you think the baddies are? If I found out about that role from your talk, so would they. If they are not following the thread, then they wouldn't follow my post either.

Second, I disagree that real baddies don't follow the thread or read the roles. When I'm a baddie, I try a lot harder to follow so I have things to use on others, and also, so I know who to kill and who might have a power that might put me at risk. I have no idea how you people play this game :disappoint:

Now I'll continue to catch up

linki: DH is right, I wouldn't. But that's not the reason not to suspect me
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Please, tell us what you think of FZ. and her posts besides, "Well, she wouldn't swear at us."
Anything I say you will contort and warp as you've been doing, for God only knows what reason. You're not willing to take my input seriously at all, so why should I give it to you? Anyone whose idea of a "case" is quoting every single post I've made and placing a completely false commentary over all of it is not worth my effort. :shrug:

I don't think FZ. would fake being so offended (going so far as to say Fuck You to all of us) if she were bad. I just don't feel like thats the case, and if it is, then I'm embarrassed because I've fallen for it and disapointed that she'd employ such a tactic.
That's avoiding accountability. Instead of answering the question, DH anticipates what I will do with that he says and preemptively turns them around on me. Notice that he never states what he thinks of FZ.'s posts.

Also notice that he never actually showed that my 8-post case against him was "false commentary." He states it as though it is accepted fact.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

That's avoiding accountability. Instead of answering the question, DH anticipates what I will do with that he says and preemptively turns them around on me. Notice that he never states what he thinks of FZ.'s posts.

Also notice that he never actually showed that my 8-post case against him was "false commentary." He states it as though it is accepted fact.
Like a broken record.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:RIP Made :( I had a feeling you weren't a Kira.

I'm sorry I used words I don't usually do. I got frustrated. I can take all the heat in the world, even if it's bull and Epi and llama are as wrong as it gets. But when you told me that I outed civvies, I snapped.
First of all, I didn't even know about that role. The only reason I went to check is because Boo talked about it, and then DH, and then all the rest. How stupid do you think the baddies are? If I found out about that role from your talk, so would they. If they are not following the thread, then they wouldn't follow my post either.

Second, I disagree that real baddies don't follow the thread or read the roles. When I'm a baddie, I try a lot harder to follow so I have things to use on others, and also, so I know who to kill and who might have a power that might put me at risk. I have no idea how you people play this game :disappoint:

Not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that in this specific instance I don't think Kira kept up with the thread. There were two much better NK targets at least than Zomberella.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...Dismi...dismi...
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Using something like my reaction to draw conclusions is exactly what I mean when I say gut feeling. People use it, I used it on day 1 or 2 when people were going after you. Your frustration seemed genuine so I backed off. Accept it
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

It is accepted fact. The vast majority of people who read your "Case" agreed that it was overzealous trash. :shrug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Using something like my reaction to draw conclusions is exactly what I mean when I say gut feeling. People use it, I used it on day 1 or 2 when people were going after you. Your frustration seemed genuine so I backed off. Accept it
Nah.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

It is accepted fact. The vast majority of people who read your "Case" agreed that it was overzealous trash. :shrug:
Nah.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:

Not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that in this specific instance I don't think Kira kept up with the thread. There were two much better NK targets at least than Zomberella.
You said :Well if any baddies missed that, there you go."
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I see we've come full circle.

If you want me to take you seriously, Epi, here are a few pointers.

1) Try not taking every single post of mine (quite literally as it turns out) and twisting it to fit your flawed logic and backwards suspicion. Would also be a plus if you could go 30 minutes without completely imploding.

2) No actually really 1) covers it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Correct. Meaning that on the off chance that the baddies weren't clued in on that particular factoid quite yet, now that it was stated out in the open, they would be.

That still has no bearing on What I underlined and addressed, which was that "in general" baddies tend to keep up with the thread, as you said. I agree with that, but in this specific instance, with the Zomberella kill, I don't think they were paying attention. If they were, they would have killed Russ or Black Rock, in my view.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

FZ. wrote:Second, I disagree that real baddies don't follow the thread or read the roles. When I'm a baddie, I try a lot harder to follow so I have things to use on others, and also, so I know who to kill and who might have a power that might put me at risk. I have no idea how you people play this game :disappoint:
Everyone plays differently, that's what makes this so difficult. Everybody expects other people to play the same as them, but people rarely ever do.

I do think it's possible we've got a Kira who hasn't kept up with the thread as well as they should have, but it would depend on who Kira actually is.

And I didn't yell at you for outting anyone, if that comment was directed at me. I was a little frustrated with how openly it was being discussed, but you're right that Boo is the one who let that cat out of the bag. He had good reasons for talking openly about it I think, but until then it was sort of this unspoken thing that some people recognized... I only wish it had been unspoken longer because it was nice to think we had an advantage over people who weren't paying attention.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Also, yes, to be clear, I too was not blaming you for anything FZ.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

My comment wasn't directed at anyone specific. It was a building frustration after going for so long trying to defend myself when wrongly accused, and that was the straw that broke me. It shouldn't have happened and I apologize.
I'm disappointed with myself. In my defence I'll just say it was almost 3 am, and I was feeling frustrated that I'm not getting through to people, and like I said, the feeling that I was accused for outing civvies, especially after what happened in the Donner game, snapped me
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epi is right. DH's "look anywhere but here" method is manipulative and clearly not in the detectives' self-interest.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

DharmaHelper wrote:
FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Correct. Meaning that on the off chance that the baddies weren't clued in on that particular factoid quite yet, now that it was stated out in the open, they would be.

That still has no bearing on What I underlined and addressed, which was that "in general" baddies tend to keep up with the thread, as you said. I agree with that, but in this specific instance, with the Zomberella kill, I don't think they were paying attention. If they were, they would have killed Russ or Black Rock, in my view.

Why? Because one of their own called me out as the person who outed her in the thread? Doesn't make it true. Did you even read Zombas reactions? I think they were paying a lot of attention. Your logic is flawed at best.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I posted too quickly. DH your posts seem more communicative on a subtle level than thread talk. There is something about the tone, maybe a little pissed that they didn't kill me or Russ. You have damn well made sure they know who they should be targeting. :eye:
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Well I'm thinking of this... one person that I can think of that wouldn't believe Elohcin would be Bea. She knows what kind of a player I am with info and knows how I would play that. Just something on my mind I am playing with.
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Guys, just so you know, I've got weekend guests coming in tonight, and my participation during that time will be minimal. Try not to lynch me, please.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:Epi is right. DH's "look anywhere but here" method is manipulative and clearly not in the detectives' self-interest.

You are incorrect.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Black Rock wrote:I posted too quickly. DH your posts seem more communicative on a subtle level than thread talk. There is something about the tone, maybe a little pissed that they didn't kill me or Russ. You have damn well made sure they know who they should be targeting. :eye:
Now who is the one not paying attention?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm fairly sure at this point that Black Rock is (a) Kira.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Epi is right. DH's "look anywhere but here" method is manipulative and clearly not in the detectives' self-interest.
You are incorrect.
I might be correct.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
You are incorrect.
I might be correct.
You "might be" a sentient dingleberry. What you "are" is wrong.

"My personal thought is that FZ. would not blow up on the thread and say Fuck you to all of us if she were bad, I'm more interested in these other suspects" does not equate to "Everybody drop FZ. and look here."

While I'm at it:
Black Rock wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:DH, I understand one of your deductions but the BR deduction (why would she not be killed instead of Zomba) lost me. Can you elaborate?
Eloh confessed she voted for BR because she thought BR was L. I assume she did this to point out to Kira "Hey, this is my thought as to who is L, so maybe NK her."

Except Kira did not take this advice, for one of several possible reasons

1) Kira is not paying attention to the thread

2) Kira is Black Rock and does not want to NK herself

3) Kira knows who Black Rock is for some reason and does not want to NK her.

Or maybe Kira was paying more attention to the thread than even you DH.
She thought I was L, doesn't mean I am or am Kira. Maybe you should check out Zombie girl. It might make more sense to you.

Still catching up...
Black Rock wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Why? Because one of their own called me out as the person who outed her in the thread? Doesn't make it true. Did you even read Zombas reactions? I think they were paying a lot of attention. Your logic is flawed at best.

Sounds like you're a bit "pissed" that I said Kira wasn't paying attention to the game, BR? :eye:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

No DH, that's all in your head. I am not Kira.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”