Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 7]

Post by Tangrowth »

All E's have been revealed.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:All E's have been revealed.
Huh? Nothing?!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, RIP Russ. :(
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:All E's have been revealed.
Huh? Nothing?!
I didn't say they've been revealed publicly. :feb:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Rest in peace Russti, you handsome devil, you will be missed :noble:

Well at least the puzzle solvers are stumped and we can focus on other matters :P
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 148

Post by Black Rock »

Black Rock wrote:

I was just gonna say WTF?

Then I saw his death. RIP Russti.
Russtifinko wrote:No RIPs? :sigh:

:rip: me.

Good luck detectives! Win one for the Gipper.
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Bye russ
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

RIP Russ :(
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:Kira controlled Russ at the time of death and made him sing Weird Al and made him confess and use the FEB face and blah blah blah yawn.

Lynch FZ. It was Russ' final wish.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

DISMISSIVE! STIFFLING DISCUSSION! ACCOUNTABILITY!
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:DISMISSIVE! STIFFLING DISCUSSION! ACCOUNTABILITY!
That's goddamn right.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'll take another letter.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

S
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:S
You got it.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I must be missing something with these reveals.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

All S's have been revealed.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Easy Money
Easy Money
Easy Money

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Easy Money
Easy Money
Easy Money
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Maybe it's a different alphabet.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Re: Death Note Mafia [NIGHT 6]

Post by Matahari »

thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:That's fair enough.

How about FZ. now. Hmm?
I''m more interested in looking at Black Rock, Bass, and DP. I maintain that the current Kira was not paying enough attention to the thread.

I also don't think FZ would tell us all to fuck off if she were bad.
I agree with your assessment thta Kira was not paying that much attention. FZ telegraphed pretty hard that she had not been paying attention to the roles. I am curious as to why you singled out Black Rock, Bass, DP and Spacedaisy as not paying attention, but left out other obvious candidates like Matahari, Zeek, and Juliets.
I may be quiet, but I'm paying attention. I thought a couple of my recent posts might have made it clear I was paying attention, but possibly not.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Not gonna vote FZ.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 63

Re: Death Note Mafia [NIGHT 6]

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Matahari wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:That's fair enough.

How about FZ. now. Hmm?
I''m more interested in looking at Black Rock, Bass, and DP. I maintain that the current Kira was not paying enough attention to the thread.

I also don't think FZ would tell us all to fuck off if she were bad.
I agree with your assessment thta Kira was not paying that much attention. FZ telegraphed pretty hard that she had not been paying attention to the roles. I am curious as to why you singled out Black Rock, Bass, DP and Spacedaisy as not paying attention, but left out other obvious candidates like Matahari, Zeek, and Juliets.
I may be quiet, but I'm paying attention. I thought a couple of my recent posts might have made it clear I was paying attention, but possibly not.
I'm paying quite a bit of attention as well. At least from whenever I go to a friend's or I'm at school/am doing work. :p So yeah, no voting me.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ok, now to post my thoughts. Basically this game is unusual in the fact that the various kiras all act for the most part as inidividual SKs. The problem is that three of them are pretty much vanilla until they get their chance with the death note. For higuchi, he is not killable until he gets that note, but once he does he becomes vulnerable. For Misa and Mikami they seem to be mostly vulnerable. Misa can forfeit her death note and be unlynchable but it is only for three lynches and says nothing of NKs. Light is the one who is vulnerable when he holds the death note, so he would benefit from passing the note in that regard.

My thoughts have been, how would these circumstances affect the kiras' game play? For example, how would Light play it if he knew passing the note would make him invincible? Or how would Higuchi play, knowing that he is invincible now, but once he gets the death note, he loses that. And Misa and Mikami, most vulnerable of all the kiras, how would they play as part of a team when they don't know who their teammates are?

If you are correct DH, in the theory that the death note has been passed that would mean that Higuchi is now vulnerable. Assuming Higuchi is alive anyway and that it did not pass to mikami instead. Working under this assumption, have we seen anyone's behavior change? I personally think Higuchi would play a balls to the wall game while he was still invincible, hoping to draw fire, maybe a lynch or even a NK attempt, so we would see its a waste of time. Then hope later no one will want to take the chance of wasting a lynch or kill down the road once he is vulnerable.

Mikami and Misa are the two most likely to play a classic baddie game. I would bet that if there are blendy kiras, they are the ones. They would want to attract the perfect balance of attention; too much and they get lynched, too little and they accidently get killed by their own teammate.

Light is the question mark. He can keep that note in someone else's hands for the majority of the game if he is lucky and not have a care in the world. I guess I expect this to be a consistently aggressive player, probably trying to get attention on themself in order to protect the active Kira.

Now, as far as who I suspect...

TH fits Higuchi, he has been trying to draw attention from the get go and seemed to want lynched. Could this be because he wants to make people think, "why waste a lync on someone who is unlynchable?" Is he vulnerable now?

Epi, oh how I go back and forth regarding Epi. He sounds like he is making such sense. His logic seems sound, but then there are things here and there that just don't make sense for a detective. I can't get over the fact he drew attention to thinking SVS and boo were Ray and Naomi. Transparency, he said. Why? Since when is Epi concerned with transparency? Then he drew attention to Elohcin's suggestions for who L is. Again, why would you draw attention to this? He started the ball rolling on that topic. It really has me questioning if he was trying to give suggestions to the active Kira. He has made it clear that he is yotsuba, but is he Higuchi?

DH, I can't ignore the fact that you are making a ton of assumptions about Kira's actions and then trying to direct people to players who fit that bill in your opinion. But as Epi has pointed out, you ignore your own descriptions in some cases, such as with FZ. You've decided she is good, so despite the fact that she fits your description better than anyone else, you are pushing for anyone but her.

Bea, I was not seeing the Bea stuff until the post that pointed out some of her flip flopping. At the moment I read that I wished I handn't already voted for Made, but I almost missed the vote last time I voted from work and I didn't want to risk that again. I can't say that I would vote someone entirely on the basis of flip flopping because sometimes civs change their minds between quoted posts, influence from in thread activity can make a huge difference, so pulling quotes out of context may have some impact on the impression they give. I would be watching her, but I'm not sure I would vote her at the moment.

Llama, you have taken a back seat, you are talking but you come across to me as much less aggressive than normal. I really don't know what to make of you this game.

FZ. I felt you were genuinely frustrated, but baddies get frustrated too, so I can't use that as the only reason to dismiss you as a suspect. Coupled with Russ's view on you and how DH has behaved, it has you on my suspect list.

Two other players who have been discussed but I think warrant watching are boo and Metalmarsh. Boo fits the profile of someone who has been aggressive all game, and MM seems to be almost trying to make us think he is a shinigami, which would make him unlynchable. Making us less likely to lynch him.

That is where my brain is right now. So you see DH, my silence was more about observing player behavior without influencing it with my beliefs about how the various kiras might play it.

Linki: DP....
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I will re-read in depth your thoughts tomorrow SD, when I'm not bone tired.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DH, I can't ignore the fact that you are making a ton of assumptions about Kira's actions and then trying to direct people to players who fit that bill in your opinion. But as Epi has pointed out, you ignore your own descriptions in some cases, such as with FZ. You've decided she is good, so despite the fact that she fits your description better than anyone else, you are pushing for anyone but her.
A couple of things:

Firstly, I try not to make "assumptions". Everythiing I've said, I've said after a considerable degree of deductive thinking. I could be wrong, and I could be way off base, but the picture makes sense to me.

Secondly, with FZ. I admit I might be hinging my non-suspicion of her on one thing, but that is a pretty major thing IMO (her very emotional reaction). If I am wrong, and she is bad, I will personally be disgusted, if telling me "fuck you" was a game move. Thats my cross to bear though. Am I pushing away from FZ? Nah, if you want to vote there, vote there. I just won't be.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

What do you make of this lynch's timing, DH? Did Kira plan Russ' death all along and it was simply a coincidence that L also checked up on him?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

RIP Russ

I'm voting for the person who basically said "Hey Kira, look at what Russ's role is! You should NK him!"
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Boomslang »

Russtifinko wrote:No RIPs? :sigh:

:rip: me.

Good luck detectives! Win one for the Gipper.
RIP Russ. I'm glad I applauded your brilliant performance before you finally kicked the bucket. :(
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote:Epi, oh how I go back and forth regarding Epi. He sounds like he is making such sense. His logic seems sound, but then there are things here and there that just don't make sense for a detective. I can't get over the fact he drew attention to thinking SVS and boo were Ray and Naomi.
I see no harm in stating what I once thought was true but no longer believed. It could be construed as anti-detective if I had blurted out my opinion of them at the time that I held it, but that isn't that happened: Once I found evidence to contradict that perspective, only then did I mention it.
Spacedaisy wrote:Transparency, he said. Why? Since when is Epi concerned with transparency?
Now, now- that's framing things out of context. I was asked what you just mentioned above: Why in the world would I state my belief that S~V~S and boo were Ray and Naomi? My "transparency" comment was to reveal why my position had flipped. I staved off suspicion because I thought S~V~S was (to me) defending boo without thread reasons, but then things happened that went against that view. So the "transparency" was in making it clear why I changed my mind at the time.
Spacedaisy wrote:Then he drew attention to Elohcin's suggestions for who L is. Again, why would you draw attention to this?
Because it's evidence that formed part of a larger case. I don't see why drawing attention to what a Kira sympathizer said in the thread as her swan song is naughty. Did Eloh have info on L? No. Were her suggestions about L phrased in a clandestine manner? No. Were her suggestions consistent in thought? No.
Spacedaisy wrote:He started the ball rolling on that topic. It really has me questioning if he was trying to give suggestions to the active Kira.
Ha, no. Telegraphing your kill suggestions through the thread like that would be sloppy. Of course, sloppy doesn't mean people aren't doing it: I think they are. :nicenod:
Spacedaisy wrote:He has made it clear that he is yotsuba, but is he Higuchi?
I have done no such thing.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Now, now- that's framing things out of context.
Yikes, wouldn't that just be terrible of someone to do?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:What do you make of this lynch's timing, DH? Did Kira plan Russ' death all along and it was simply a coincidence that L also checked up on him?
I think Kira has adapted the strategy of using regular timed kills in order to prevent analysis of his kill times.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:What do you make of this lynch's timing, DH? Did Kira plan Russ' death all along and it was simply a coincidence that L also checked up on him?
I think Kira has adapted the strategy of using regular timed kills in order to prevent analysis of his kill times.
Though given the 30 minute gap between night post and Night Kill, I'm forced to wonder. I don't see how Kira would benefit from waiting until after the L message to send in his kill, so I think Russ was already set to die. Perhaps Kira misjudge the end of the Night? Difficult to say with certainty.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'll take another letter.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

O :shrug:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:O :shrug:
Duly noted.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

All O's have been revealed.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Son of a bitch.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I don't know if I'm a fan of seeing the extreme emotional response as a civ thing. I probably get even more frustrated when I'm caught as a baddie (although I try not to show it when that happens :p ). Of course I can't compare others to myself, but I don't know if I could get behind that.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:I don't know if I'm a fan of seeing the extreme emotional response as a civ thing. I probably get even more frustrated when I'm caught as a baddie (although I try not to show it when that happens :p ). Of course I can't compare others to myself, but I don't know if I could get behind that.
Would you cuss anyone out if you were a baddie?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Spacedaisy »

Epignosis wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Epi, oh how I go back and forth regarding Epi. He sounds like he is making such sense. His logic seems sound, but then there are things here and there that just don't make sense for a detective. I can't get over the fact he drew attention to thinking SVS and boo were Ray and Naomi.
I see no harm in stating what I once thought was true but no longer believed. It could be construed as anti-detective if I had blurted out my opinion of them at the time that I held it, but that isn't that happened: Once I found evidence to contradict that perspective, only then did I mention it.
No, see, I'm not buying this. If you had dismissed the idea, there would be no need to even mention that you ever thought this. It only serves to paint a target on their backs.
Spacedaisy wrote:Transparency, he said. Why? Since when is Epi concerned with transparency?
Now, now- that's framing things out of context. I was asked what you just mentioned above: Why in the world would I state my belief that S~V~S and boo were Ray and Naomi? My "transparency" comment was to reveal why my position had flipped. I staved off suspicion because I thought S~V~S was (to me) defending boo without thread reasons, but then things happened that went against that view. So the "transparency" was in making it clear why I changed my mind at the time.
There would have been no need of transparency if you had never mentioned the fact you used to suspect it but changed your mind. But you did. I don't think I am framing things out of context at all. I think you used the transparency answer to cover that you wanted to draw attention to them.
Spacedaisy wrote:Then he drew attention to Elohcin's suggestions for who L is. Again, why would you draw attention to this?
Because it's evidence that formed part of a larger case. I don't see why drawing attention to what a Kira sympathizer said in the thread as her swan song is naughty. Did Eloh have info on L? No. Were her suggestions about L phrased in a clandestine manner? No. Were her suggestions consistent in thought? No.
You basically waved a big flag and said, "Hey Kira, maybe you should be looking at these people that Elohcin basically was telling you to kill." I would consider that suspicious, yes. Especially given you seemed to do it more subtly earlier.
Spacedaisy wrote:He started the ball rolling on that topic. It really has me questioning if he was trying to give suggestions to the active Kira.
Ha, no. Telegraphing your kill suggestions through the thread like that would be sloppy. Of course, sloppy doesn't mean people aren't doing it: I think they are. :nicenod:
Spacedaisy wrote:He has made it clear that he is yotsuba, but is he Higuchi?
I have done no such thing.
I don't believe it Epi. You are a better player than to say that, and you have never been concerned with bein transparent before. And you are not a sloppy player. No, I think you said what you said on purpose. I may not be certain of your role, but I am certain you are not a detective. Your game play says that clearly.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Okay then. :shrug:
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

RIP Russ

Llama, if you had really wanted to vote for the person "outing Russ" you'd have voted for Boo. I don't care any more though. You and Epi can tell people to vote for me as much as you want. All you're doing is encouraging them to take down a detective. Yes, I've said it. Kira can take me out at night for all I care.

Until then, I will be trying to do what I can to baddie hunt (though these accusations are making it hard to actually do that).

Honestly, I'm not even sure llama and Epi are really working for the good side. I think they're not even trying to look at things from all sides. When I'm a baddie, I often stick to my suspicions to not look like I'm flip flopping and to not get called out for "contradicting" back-pedalling" and all that. So if one person fits that description more than others, I'd say it's llama, because he's the one who's been doing that a lot more, while Epi has been going more back and forth with suspicion. Also, while llama was right about Snowman, I think his reasons were silly (yeah, sorry), as are his reasons for voting me. Only baddies make suspicions, only baddies contradict, only baddies defend other baddies- especially when they don't even have BTSC and can't know they are together. At least Epi went to the trouble of looking closely at what I do.

That said, give me any name of a player and I can build a "case" for you. That's why I really don't really always follow the "cases". You can twist players words to fit whatever you want. So case builders who just quote endless posts of someone don't make me feel like they are more good than others. I make my decisions differently. I sometimes make mistakes (like with BWT- but yes, I still think what he did with Russ was very poor baddie hunting, and Russ is most likely a detective, so there you go)
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:I don't know if I'm a fan of seeing the extreme emotional response as a civ thing. I probably get even more frustrated when I'm caught as a baddie (although I try not to show it when that happens :p ). Of course I can't compare others to myself, but I don't know if I could get behind that.
I wouldn't. I normally wouldn't do it anyway. But DH, if that's the only reason you think I'm a civ, than it makes me feel bad.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
I wouldn't. I normally wouldn't do it anyway. But DH, if that's the only reason you think I'm a civ, than it makes me feel bad.
I didn't say it was the only reason, I don't think. It is however the most compelling one.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Teamwork makes the dream work.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Could the letters in the tildes be represented by numbers?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:
FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
I didn't say it was the only reason, I don't think. It is however the most compelling one.
I get that. I do that too, and like I said, when Epi was getting all the attention back in the beginning of the game, his frustration seemed genuine to me, so I backed off. I don't think he's a Kira.

What do you think about Boo? Does he always play like this? Attacking one minute, and then sitting back for a while the other?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
I get that. I do that too, and like I said, when Epi was getting all the attention back in the beginning of the game, his frustration seemed genuine to me, so I backed off. I don't think he's a Kira.

What do you think about Boo? Does he always play like this? Attacking one minute, and then sitting back for a while the other?
Yeah my memory of boo's style gels with what he's doing here.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:Could the letters in the tildes be represented by numbers?
That would be unfair imo since MP is asking for letters.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Rip Russ. :(

@DP - if you had to pick your top 3 suspects right now, who would they be and why?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!

Return to “Previous Jobs”