Racketeer
Posts in topic: 164

Re: MacGyver Mafia: The Cheesiest :D

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Kate wrote:
thellama73 wrote:The "Vompatti assumed MP has a partner, therefore he must be bad" line of attack is intensely confusing to me, as a casual glance at the role list indicates that the baddies come in teams of two. I'm wondering if this might be a diversionary tactic by people who want to get the Vomp out of the way for some reason.
He agreed he was bad and discussed his partner as though he was certain that he had one, thus he knew MP was bad. Make sense?
It doesn't actually make sense to me, but perhaps I am being dense.

I have much to think on.
His replies unsettle me. He seems evasive. Who do you suspect?
My problem is that I don't have anyone who is sticking out to me as a clear suspect. That is why I am asking what may appear to be dumb questions. I am afraid of accidentally lynching a civvie again, but I don't have a clear sense of who to vote for.

In all honesty, my top suspect is probably now Kate, as she voted for Boo when MP was on the chopping block, and she seems overly aggressive in her pursuit to lynch Vompatti, who has seemed (based purely on intuition) to be legit to me.
Kate? No one has suspected her yet vocally I think. But if he is civvie let him stand up for himself more and rid us of this doubt.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 139

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
Kate? No one has suspected her yet vocally I think.
What can I say? I just have to be different like that. :D
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 42

Post by reywaS »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Kate wrote:
thellama73 wrote:The "Vompatti assumed MP has a partner, therefore he must be bad" line of attack is intensely confusing to me, as a casual glance at the role list indicates that the baddies come in teams of two. I'm wondering if this might be a diversionary tactic by people who want to get the Vomp out of the way for some reason.
He agreed he was bad and discussed his partner as though he was certain that he had one, thus he knew MP was bad. Make sense?

I have much to think on.
My problem is that I don't have anyone who is sticking out to me as a clear suspect. That is why I am asking what may appear to be dumb questions. I am afraid of accidentally lynching a civvie again, but I don't have a clear sense of who to vote for.

In all honesty, my top suspect is probably now Kate, as she voted for Boo when MP was on the chopping block, and she seems overly aggressive in her pursuit to lynch Vompatti, who has seemed (based purely on intuition) to be legit to me.
מה זאת אומרת שאתה מפחד בטעות lynching של civvie שוב? אנחנו לא lynched של civvie עדיין. אני civvie הנטוי על בו, אך אנו יודעים בוודאות כי הוא civvie חוץ מזה הוא לא היה אפילו lynched.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 42

Post by reywaS »

לא נורא. שכחתי LT ולתלות על יום אחד.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Vompatti »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Kate wrote:

I have much to think on.

I'm tempted to support this line of suspicion. Today, however, I'm voting for myself.

*votes Vompatti*
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

*voted Vomp*
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Well fine then, I'm happy to be the sole voice of dissent. Hopefully I will be proven wrong.

*Votes Kate*
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Vompatti wrote:
I'm tempted to support this line of suspicion. Today, however, I'm voting for myself.

*votes Vompatti*
So first you more or less admit you are MP's partner and then you vote for yourself. So you wanted these votes? What the hell is going on here?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Zany Dex »

Vote vomp
a stopped clock is right twice a day
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Snow Dog wrote:
Vompatti wrote:

*votes Vompatti*
So first you more or less admit you are MP's partner and then you vote for yourself. So you wanted these votes? What the hell is going on here?
I'm not MP's partner, I never said I was and I don't know why everyone keeps insisting that I did. As for this vote, there's only so much I can say about it.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm beginning to suspect a target switch of some sort.

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Flyin' High »

I can't tell if Vompatti is a baddie giving up, a frustrated civvie, or if something else entirely is happening. But seeing as he's my main suspicion, I'm sticking with my case and *voting Vompatti*
ImageImage

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Vompatti wrote:

*votes Vompatti*
I'm not MP's partner, I never said I was and I don't know why everyone keeps insisting that I did. As for this vote, there's only so much I can say about it.
Are you collecting votes for a reason?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Vompatti wrote:

*votes Vompatti*
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Oops...double post somehow.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Snow Dog wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Vompatti wrote:

*votes Vompatti*
Possibly, but I really don't know what the reason is. :shrug:

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Vompatti wrote:

*votes Vompatti*
I don't suppose you can answer this. Are you somehow being coerced into collecting votes?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:I'm beginning to suspect a target switch of some sort.

If so then Vompatti knows about it, yes?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Snow Dog wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:So first you more or less admit you are MP's partner and then you vote for yourself. So you wanted these votes? What the hell is going on here?
I don't suppose you can answer this. Are you somehow being coerced into collecting votes?
I won't deny it, but I won't confirm it either.

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

^Well as I said, I didn't expect an answer. Don't know whether to believe you or not.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Okay. Vompatti voting for himself seems extremely odd to me. I feel like something else is going on that we don't know about.

Llama, the main reason I am suspicious of Vomps can be found back in the giant post I made a few pages back (it's the very last one on the bottom of the page, so it shouldn't be too hard to find). Basically, me re-reading him and pulling all those quotes is why I am so suspicious of him and think he is bad.

I guess there's no point in me holding my vote at this point though. So Vompatti it is.

Votes Vompatti
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Llama, the main reason I am suspicious of Vomps can be found back in the giant post I made a few pages back (it's the very last one on the bottom of the page, so it shouldn't be too hard to find). Basically, me re-reading him and pulling all those quotes is why I am so suspicious of him and think he is bad.
Yes, I just reread that. It was a very well put together argument, which is why I am much less suspicious of you than I used to be.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Everyone besides Llama seems very sure on Vompatti...why am I wavering?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:Everyone besides Llama seems very sure on Vompatti...why am I wavering?
Maybe, like me, you just tend to rebel against consensus.

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Every time I come in it seems like something strange has happened! This time vomps voted for himself, which for me kind of clinches it. I can't think of a lynch switch action that the person knows about before it occurs so I think Vompatti is just dancing around on those questions. Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and vote Vompatti based on the reasons I talked about earlier and what has happened since.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

juliets wrote:Every time I come in it seems like something strange has happened! This time vomps voted for himself, which for me kind of clinches it. I can't think of a lynch switch action that the person knows about before it occurs so I think Vompatti is just dancing around on those questions. Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and vote Vompatti based on the reasons I talked about earlier and what has happened since.
I'm hoping this is indeed the case, and that Vomps voting for himself is just making me unnecessarily paranoid.
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Dex »

I for one will be very surprised if Vomp doesn't flip Ashton.

*votes Vompatti*
*indiglowing*
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

thellama73 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Llama, the main reason I am suspicious of Vomps can be found back in the giant post I made a few pages back (it's the very last one on the bottom of the page, so it shouldn't be too hard to find). Basically, me re-reading him and pulling all those quotes is why I am so suspicious of him and think he is bad.
Yes, I just reread that. It was a very well put together argument, which is why I am much less suspicious of you than I used to be.
Yeah, I figured that. I just think you're off the mark in this instance is all.
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Okay, I will follow along as I think that some compelling cases have been presented for Vomps being bad. However, I am concerned that the role hinting could be true.

Unfortunately, I have been snowed by so many baddies recently (MP!) that I find my overwhelming trust that people are being truthful to have been shattered... so let's see if Vomps is a lying baddie!

*vote Vomps*
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I find it hard to read Vompatti. But if he is civ I feel he has done way too little to defend himself. Seems to be acting like a victim. I don't know. I have this nagging feeling we could be doing something someone else wants with these unknown baddie powers.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

*Voted Little Tiger*

I think she's bad.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:*Voted Little Tiger*

I think she's bad.
At least it's not her birthday anymore. :haha:

LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

thellama73 wrote:

I think she's bad.
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Ugh! The first version of this got deleted. Shorter version:

No longer sure how to feel about Vomps. All the voting evidence says baddie, and a bandwagon is most likely civ-led since civs outnumber everyone. I also didn't like his role hint/out-poor form there.

On the other hand, his zany, quirky style has earned a certain respect from me, in a weird way. Though evidence overwhelmingly says baddie, my gut is saying no pretty strongly.

That said, this lynch is well decided, and I've spent so much time thinking about the Vomps thing I haven't come up with any better candidates. Snow Dog voting LT reminded me that she could still very well be bad, but I think that's a discussion for tomorrow; it's been a long day.

Tomorrow I want to look more at LT, and continue the short discussion I had with llama.

voting Vomps. I really hope the evidence is right and my gut is wrong.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

thellama73 wrote:

I think she's bad.
ImageImage
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Grand Scheme »

Looks like we need a little 'Face' time today!

Why would Vompatti lay such a heavy role hint down then proceed to act like he wants all the votes? Even so far as voting himself?
I don't like the way this went down.

Two teams of 2 baddies. No one has even thought to bring up either
A) Recruitment
B) Merging of the teams

Too many baddie secrets to discount either.

Civvies should worry.

Mr. T wanted me to remind you all about his thoughts on llama and HeMan.
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

I think she's bad.
I kinda understand this vote, I'm a bit worried about LT too. Not sure it's strong enough to vote her but I feel it too.

It's just she doesn't seem to have the civvie charge she had in recent games, although I don't know her alignment in our most recent game (and as its still going on I sharn't say anymore)... Yeah I like to think I know LT's civvie game, I've played a fair bit with her and she is a great civvie, and I felt LT 1.0 was civvie and she was, however saying that she does seem to be civvie a hell of a lot, in the games I have played with her, and this just doesn't feel like them games.I hope I'm wrong and I'm not saying she is defo bad, I have a big question mark over her right now.

Anyways they are my thoughts thought I would share.

Linki x2
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

I don't get the suspicion A team has of me, oh well. Hope I can change your mind soon mr T.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

He-Man wrote:I don't get the suspicion A team has of me, oh well. Hope I can change your mind soon mr T.
Mr. T is full of jive turkey jibber-jabber. If he doesn't trust you, then I do!

LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

He-Man wrote:

I think she's bad.
I kinda understand this vote, I'm a bit worried about LT too. Not sure it's strong enough to vote her but I feel it too.

It's just she doesn't seem to have the civvie charge she had in recent games, although I don't know her alignment in our most recent game (and as its still going on I sharn't say anymore)... Yeah I like to think I know LT's civvie game, I've played a fair bit with her and she is a great civvie, and I felt LT 1.0 was civvie and she was, however saying that she does seem to be civvie a hell of a lot, in the games I have played with her, and this just doesn't feel like them games.I hope I'm wrong and I'm not saying she is defo bad, I have a big question mark over her right now.

Anyways they are my thoughts thought I would share.

Linki x2
I am still civvie... not sure what you are on about here, tbqh - I got lynched ON MY BIRTHDAY for being a civvie. Then, I came back in another role that was laden with suspicion because of the person that had the role before me. Might I remind you that INH often does really oddball things before flaking out of games? Doesn't make him bad - although, I do admit that I always seem to fall for the "he must be a baddie" when he does that shit. So, what chance do I have of convincing the game that I am actually a civvie?

Personally, knowing that replacing INH makes me an easy lynch target... doesn't make me feel like bothering too much, ya know? I am just going to get lynched no matter what I do... (given that I was already lynched as a civvie once ON MY BIRTHDAY :mad: ) so ... yeah.

And I still suspect llamaboy :srsnod:
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

@LT: For me my suspicion of INH was a minor thing and something I was just going to keep in the back of my mind. What surprised me was how quickly you jumped on me (and rey) for mentioning that INH was suspicious after your return--really felt like a classic baddie switcheroo. Especially considering that of course you'd say INH was civvie upon subbing in for him!

Here's my initial post (note this was the first post I made after quickly reading the entire thread upon subbing in for AATB):
Flyin' High wrote:Okay, I have mostly gotten caught up on this game. For a speed game ya'll sure post a lot! XD

@Russ: Yes I do have a nice spreadsheet template, it is similar to the one MP posted, but has a few more categories. I'll upload it in a bit when I have some time tonight.

I am torn on LT 2.0 because INH screamed baddie to me while doing my read-through and I was all set to quote him and why I thought he was a baddie mcbadderson until I got to the part where LT replaced in for him... But I read very fast and need to probably do a more thorough thread read when I have a bit more time to absorb it all. :shrug:

Gonna vote Ratt for no real reason other than that's the poll choice that sounds the coolest to me.

And yay on getting a baddie. :bounce:
And here's LT's OTT (in my opinion) response:
LittleTiger wrote:Well, I can see how this next day is going to go down....

I do think the actual baddies will be actively pushing for me to be lynched...since they obviously will know that I am, in fact a civve... right FH, reywaS? ;)
To me this just seems like an overreaction to my post especially considering I said I was way suspicious of INH during my read until I got to the part where you subbed in for him. But I ask, just because you say INH is definitely civvie, why does that make what you're saying true?

However, the quandry I'm facing is that I don't necessarily trust you or llama. But I don't see how you can both be bad since you appear to heavily suspect llama. Some of this will depend on if Vompatti turns out to be MP's teammate like I think he is.
ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 68

Post by S~V~S »

[center][/center]

Just an aside~ while I was researching this post, I actually discovered that there is a MacGyver online Forum :| with people actively posting in it :| If you don't believe me (and i would not believe it) here it is:

http://www.macgyveronline.com/forums/

Vompatti was a little confused. Sure, his brother was a dick, but what exactly had Vomp personally done? Nothing really, according to canon, except share DNA with that twisted weirdo.

Vomp sighed, and turned to face the music. Lots of people had died over the years for the foibles of their relatives; history often was repetitive.

Vompatti is dead; He was Ashton
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

:lorab: Awesome result.
ImageImage

Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

:yay:
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Yippee! Excellent result everyone! He was just who we thought he was.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

All of those songs ARE the 80's! Tough decision! I think I'll go with Hungry Like the Wolf because that song is pure awesome.
ImageImage

Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Billie jean, but it was a tough decision between that and when doves cry.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Flyin' High wrote:@LT: For me my suspicion of INH was a minor thing and something I was just going to keep in the back of my mind. What surprised me was how quickly you jumped on me (and rey) for mentioning that INH was suspicious after your return--really felt like a classic baddie switcheroo. Especially considering that of course you'd say INH was civvie upon subbing in for him!

Here's my initial post (note this was the first post I made after quickly reading the entire thread upon subbing in for AATB):
Flyin' High wrote:Okay, I have mostly gotten caught up on this game. For a speed game ya'll sure post a lot! XD

@Russ: Yes I do have a nice spreadsheet template, it is similar to the one MP posted, but has a few more categories. I'll upload it in a bit when I have some time tonight.

I am torn on LT 2.0 because INH screamed baddie to me while doing my read-through and I was all set to quote him and why I thought he was a baddie mcbadderson until I got to the part where LT replaced in for him... But I read very fast and need to probably do a more thorough thread read when I have a bit more time to absorb it all. :shrug:

Gonna vote Ratt for no real reason other than that's the poll choice that sounds the coolest to me.

And yay on getting a baddie. :bounce:
And here's LT's OTT (in my opinion) response:
LittleTiger wrote:Well, I can see how this next day is going to go down....

I do think the actual baddies will be actively pushing for me to be lynched...since they obviously will know that I am, in fact a civve... right FH, reywaS? ;)
To me this just seems like an overreaction to my post especially considering I said I was way suspicious of INH during my read until I got to the part where you subbed in for him. But I ask, just because you say INH is definitely civvie, why does that make what you're saying true?

However, the quandry I'm facing is that I don't necessarily trust you or llama. But I don't see how you can both be bad since you appear to heavily suspect llama. Some of this will depend on if Vompatti turns out to be MP's teammate like I think he is.
If you read the post I made shortly after that you will see that I was under the assumption that there was ONE baddie team... ;) I was wrong.
ImageImage
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Excellent result!!!!!! :D

Also, voted Hungry like the Wolf... still LOVE LOVE that song!
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Wow! Good job everyone. I don't know how you were so certain, but I guess experience pays in this game.

Also, hooray for Mitchell and Webb!

Return to “Previous Side Missions”