Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 126

Re: Death Note Mafia [NIGHT 8]

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Epignosis wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Epignosis wrote:"Hinted."
I thought I read that she hinted that.
Well, if that's hinting, then I'm going to hint that I'm currently drinking beer.

Hey, I'm currently drinking beer.
I just found it in her post and see what you are saying now.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Hey DP what are your thoughts?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Epignosis wrote:"Hinted."
I thought I read that she hinted that.
Well, if that's hinting, then I'm going to hint that I'm currently drinking beer.

Hey, I'm currently drinking beer.
FYI, I cleared it with MP before.

Mata, why haven't you answered any of my questions?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
The Sockface Death Note Mafia Trivia Game Show
Question 10:
How many kills have failed?
This question remains unanswered.
DP pls.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

It's 1, right?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 8: Silence (Part VI)

No one has been killed by Kira.

It is now Day 9.

You still have 48 hours to find and lynch Kira.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 9]

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello again. This is L.

My investigation has determined that there is a 75% chance that Matahari is Kira. It might be a good idea to wait a few days though.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Cheers L.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

So no DN swap report, but wait a few days on lynching her again? Think the message is pretty clear.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

Light's turn.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

MP, when you say "no one has been killed by Kira", does that mean that there is no kill? Or can it also mean that the kill will come later?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:MP, when you say "no one has been killed by Kira", does that mean that there is no kill? Or can it also mean that the kill will come later?
You want me to believe you're a detective...and you're seriously asking this question?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

What I'm trying to ask is, if there's a kill later on, can we assume one kill failed and another has succeeded, or does the "no one was killed by a Kira" just for the sake of a headline when the day starts (and that kill will show up later whenever the Kira decides to place it)?

I'll read the answer in the morning, because I'm going to bed

linki: Yes, why?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:What I'm trying to ask is, if there's a kill later on, can we assume one kill failed and another has succeeded, or does the "no one was killed by a Kira" just for the sake of a headline when the day starts (and that kill will show up later whenever the Kira decides to place it)?

I think we've already established this a few times (Once when I figured it out days ago and once again now that the secrets have been revealed)

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:
FZ. wrote:What I'm trying to ask is, if there's a kill later on, can we assume one kill failed and another has succeeded, or does the "no one was killed by a Kira" just for the sake of a headline when the day starts (and that kill will show up later whenever the Kira decides to place it)?

I think we've already established this a few times (Once when I figured it out days ago and once again now that the secrets have been revealed)
I can't keep up. Can you enlighten me?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

FZ, we have gotten the "No one has been killed by Kira" message every Day that hasn't started with an immediate kill. It's happened almost every time. It's not a new occurrence.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

I can't keep up. Can you enlighten me?
As Kira, Light may control the time of death, as well as conditions triggering death, for each of his victims. However, the soonest that his kill can occur is typical (that night). The latest it can occur is as long as he wishes. In addition, Kira may control the victim's actions before death, which means he may control content of the host post in which his victim is killed.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Turnip Head wrote:FZ, we have gotten the "No one has been killed by Kira" message every Day that hasn't started with an immediate kill. It's happened almost every time. It's not a new occurrence.
I know, I'm just trying to figure out if it's possible we've had more than one Kira active, if that's even possible. What's the point in saying no one has been killed, if it's going to happen at any time? Also, if so many players are unlynchable or killable at night, targeting some of them during the night seems like an inevitable thing, yet we get a kill every day?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Also, if you're a Kira targeting Russ for example, or any other player you think might risk you, why wait until sometime during the day, and risk them saying something that might put you in the spotlight?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

And now I'm really off to bed. Just wondering about these things
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

There's only two Death Notes currently in circulation, but there has been no more than one NK each night. Misa didn't get her Death Note until Day 3 (and if we make reasonable assumptions from L's message, she might have just recently relinquished hers). It's possible that something happened to Light's Death Note before Day 3: if it was reclaimed by Sidoh and given to Mello, it could explain why so few kills have been attempted by the Kiras.

Or they've been saving up a bunch of kills and they'll all happen at a later date, a bloodbath of carnage. That would suck.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Also if Light and Misa had one Death Note and BTSC, but Mikami or Higuchi had the other Death Note we would still only see one NK per night (from Higuchi or Mikami).
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

At all times after Light and Misa gain permanent BTSC, only one Kira may be killing at a time. Thus, if Higuchi or Mikami possess a Death Note, Light and Misa must abstain, even if one of them also has a Death Note.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

BTW, TH, what do you make of L's message and what are your thoughts on my question regarding L being aware or not if Misa relinquishes her note?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

So I guess we don't know specifically who Misa's Death Note is given to when she relinquishes it? I had been thinking it would go to Higuchi (because that's what happens in the show and it's also what happens when Light relinquishes his in this game) but I suppose it's possible that it could go to Light. The answer isn't in her role description :-/

Linki. I must have missed your question Rico. I'll go back and find it unless you'd like to repeat it.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:So I guess we don't know specifically who Misa's Death Note is given to when she relinquishes it? I had been thinking it would go to Higuchi (because that's what happens in the show and it's also what happens when Light relinquishes his in this game) but I suppose it's possible that it could go to Light. The answer isn't in her role description :-/

Linki. I must have missed your question Rico. I'll go back and find it unless you'd like to repeat it.
I'm not sure if it goes to anyone, definitely not Higuchi and Mikami (despite the canon). MP cleared it up that the only way Misa's DN would get to Light is if she is lynched possessing it. Otherwise, Misa's role kida states there is no follow-up to her relinquishing her DN.

I can dig it up if you want.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Well that can't be the case. If Mello has Sidoh's Death Note and Misa's has ceased to exist, the Kiras have no way to kill, and Higuchi and Light would be unkillable for the remainder of the game. So... That can't be right.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:Well that can't be the case. If Mello has Sidoh's Death Note and Misa's has ceased to exist, the Kiras have no way to kill, and Higuchi and Light would be unkillable for the remainder of the game. So... That can't be right.
Then it's confusing from what it's revealed so far.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, this was the question.
Ricochet wrote:
2) The premise of flushing out Misa based on her DN relinquish being picked on by L. I would really like to know your opinion of this, because you usually have read the roles and secrets better than me, but here are the facts known
L is made aware any time a Death Note changes hands from one killer to another.
At any time, Light may choose to forfeit ownership of the Death Note. If he does so, Higuchi receives the Death Note. Under certain circumstances, Light may regain the Death Note. After regaining it, he may subsequently pass it on to Mikami at any time, but he cannot regain the Death Note again unless Mikami is killed.
At any time, Misa may forfeit ownership of her Death Note.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Question 8:
Who receives the Death Note if Misa, Higuchi, or Mikami are lynched and currently possess it?
Assuming that I can answer after missing the other question, I'm guessing Light?
Correct. :yay:

You may not answer any more questions. A new question is forthcoming.
So my question is this: Since Misa relinquishing her DN before getting lynched or in order to avoid getting lynched has no further revealed consequences in regards to her DN passing on to (or being received by) someone else, do you think L will nevertheless receive info that she has relinquished it?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Well I firmly believe that Misa's Death Note didn't just evaporate into thin air, and was instead passed to another Kira, so yes I think L would still be made aware that it changed hands.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I have a lynch suggestion. Wasn't real popular last time. Willing to try again.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:Well I firmly believe that Misa's Death Note didn't just evaporate into thin air, and was instead passed to another Kira, so yes I think L would still be made aware that it changed hands.
Idk, maybe. Still a bit confusing to me.

What about L's message? You haven't answered what you think of it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Yes I have.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Oh, right, missed it hidden in that bracket.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:I have a lynch suggestion. Wasn't real popular last time. Willing to try again.
I'm still with you buddy. I think L's note is quite clear, which means Mata has a couple of days reprieve. I'd say her days are numbered though.

So who's up for an FZ lynch this time?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Well that can't be the case. If Mello has Sidoh's Death Note and Misa's has ceased to exist, the Kiras have no way to kill, and Higuchi and Light would be unkillable for the remainder of the game. So... That can't be right.
Then it's confusing from what it's revealed so far.
Maybe this will help, maybe it won't. What happens if Light and Misa forfeit their Death Notes, a side-by-side comparison:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Light Yagami (Kira) – At any time, Light may choose to forfeit ownership of the Death Note. If he does so, Higuchi receives the Death Note.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Misa Amane (Second Kira) – At any time, Misa may forfeit ownership of her Death Note. If she does so, she cannot use a Death Note for the remainder of the game, but for the subsequent three days she cannot be lynched.
I believe Misa's role was left intentionally ambiguous by the Host so that we wouldn't know what happens to the Death Note after she forfeits it.

The good news is that if Higuchi received the Death Note from Misa (like he would if Light forfeits his), then all detectives, most Yotsubas, as well as Light and his BTSC partners will all be made aware of that fact very soon:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Reiji Namikawa – After Higuchi has killed one victim, he receives an anonymous phone call. During the anonymous phone call, he discovers the "real identity" of Higuchi. The phone call is received at the end of the day subsequent to the victim's death. Namikawa's phone call is really a survey of all living Detectives as well as Light's guesses as to who Higuchi is. The player with the most votes (if a tie, randomized among the top vote receivers) is the "real identity" told to Namikawa.
So if all the above roles suddenly get a random PM from the Host saying "Hey by the way, who do you think is Higuchi?" then we'll know that we need to pursue Higuchi at that time.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ricochet wrote:In what can only be described as a very ironic post-scriptum, considering all I've posted this morning, I would actually attempt to limit my time here to the absolute minimum until I pass my IELTS test on Saturday morning. That's N8 and the first day of D9. Thanks for understanding.
15 more Ricochet posts later...

Hey what the hell Rico, get back to studying! :P
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:Light's turn.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis wrote:
So what you're saying is you're Higuchi and you haven't received your Death Note yet, eh Epi? ;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ. wrote:MP, when you say "no one has been killed by Kira", does that mean that there is no kill? Or can it also mean that the kill will come later?
:shrug:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
So what you're saying is you're Higuchi and you haven't received your Death Note yet, eh Epi? ;)
No, I'm not HiImage.
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 154

Post by zeek »

thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I have a lynch suggestion. Wasn't real popular last time. Willing to try again.
I'm still with you buddy. I think L's note is quite clear, which means Mata has a couple of days reprieve. I'd say her days are numbered though.

I agree with this and I'm in.

linki - MP, will you answer any questions?? Please don't shrug :P
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'll get the paperwork started.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'd rather lynch Mikami next, if we get to decide. Light is unlynchable if he currently has no Death Note. And if he does have a Death Note, he would just pass it to Higuchi and still wouldn't die. Mikami will die no matter what else happens.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

zeek wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

I agree with this and I'm in.

linki - MP, will you answer any questions?? Please don't shrug :P
Hey, I answer questions! :P

Just not all of them. :feb:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I wish DisgruntledPorcupine would answer a question...
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:
I'd rather lynch Mikami next, if we get to decide. Light is unlynchable if he currently has no Death Note. And if he does have a Death Note, he would just pass it to Higuchi and still wouldn't die. Mikami will die no matter what else happens.
Great. Sounds good.

FZ. could be Mikami.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Question 10:
How many kills have failed?
This question remains unanswered.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Great. Sounds good.

FZ. could be Mikami.
:P

You do what you gotta do man.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Black Rock and Bass are where my vote is likely to go today. I've put forth good points on both and neither seem to want to address those points.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”