Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 9]

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:Epi has been trying to convince us all game that other than Hugachi, Yotsubas are good, hinting that he's not the former, and telling us the best thing is to pass the DN to the Yotsubas who don't need the detectives dead in order to win. But at this moment, we don'g know who Hugachi is, and if he gets the DN, those who are at the highest risk of getting NK by him, are other Yotsubas. Epi wouldn't allow himself to be this in that predicament. You'd think he'd try and figure out who Hugachi is, so when he gets the DN, the Yotsubas know who to vote for during the night.
So the fact he says it's Light's turn means either: a. He isn't a Yotsuba, or b. is Hugachi and wants to get the note
Why would I hint that I'm Higuchi? Do people not know what hinting is? I'm claiming I'm not Higuchi.

What else can happen to the Death Note? It goes in the trash?

I would so. You don't know me.

What makes you think I haven't been doing that?

You still haven't read all the roles, "detective." :haha:

No wonder you don't like logic. :ponder:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:Epi has been trying to convince us all game that other than Hugachi, Yotsubas are good, hinting that he's not the former, and telling us the best thing is to pass the DN to the Yotsubas who don't need the detectives dead in order to win. But at this moment, we don'g know who Hugachi is, and if he gets the DN, those who are at the highest risk of getting NK by him, are other Yotsubas. Epi wouldn't allow himself to be this in that predicament. You'd think he'd try and figure out who Hugachi is, so when he gets the DN, the Yotsubas know who to vote for during the night.
So the fact he says it's Light's turn means either: a. He isn't a Yotsuba, or b. is Hugachi and wants to get the note
Why would I hint that I'm Higuchi? Do people not know what hinting is? I'm claiming I'm not Higuchi.

First of all, I had a real hard time reading these colours.

Second, yeah, concluding that a detective must read all the roles, while baddies don't, is supreme logic. You're the master of logic. I can see why you like it so much.

Third, The DN ending in the hands of Hugachi doesn't look any better to me than it staying with Light, but maybe I missed something. I'm claiming that you wouldn't risk putting yourself in the position of a NK as you've put yourself as the spokesman of all Yotsubas. Who would Hugachi want to NK the first thing he gets the DN? You. I don't know you, but you don't know me either, yet you keep making assumptions on how I'm supposed to play.

Fourth, if you know who hugachy is, why don't you enlighten us?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

First of all, I had a real hard time reading these colours.
Sorry. Didn't feel like breaking up the passage. But I will do so if it helps.
FZ. wrote:Second, yeah, concluding that a detective must read all the roles, while baddies don't, is supreme logic. You're the master of logic. I can see why you like it so much.
Matahari apparently didn't even know there was BTSC among the Mafia. :rolleyes:

I would expect detectives to at least read the roles once or twice. That's part of gathering evidence, which I assume is important to the art of detecting.
FZ. wrote:Third, The DN ending in the hands of Hugachi doesn't look any better to me than it staying with Light, but maybe I missed something. I'm claiming that you wouldn't risk putting yourself in the position of a NK as you've put yourself as the spokesman of all Yotsubas. Who would Hugachi want to NK the first thing he gets the DN? You. I don't know you, but you don't know me either, yet you keep making assumptions on how I'm supposed to play.
I am Epignosis. I am ALWAYS in the scope of a Night kill. :ohyeah:

But that doesn't mean I sit on the sidelines, does it? Hell no. I bring my A game every time, good, bad, or ugly.

And yes, you missed something. The Death Note has to go to Higuchi eventually if the detectives are to achieve their standard win condition. What's alternative are you proposing? Leave Light alone so that Higuchi doesn't get a Death Note? :grin:

I don't know you? I've hosted you multiple times and even went on another site to read your "baddie game" that you later said didn't exist. I'm not making assumptions. I'm using strong evidence. You're making assumptions because you didn't read the roles. ;)
FZ. wrote:Fourth, if you know who hugachy is, why don't you enlighten us?
Did I say I knew who Higuchi was? I gave my list of candidates.

++++

On two occasions, I have eased up on FZ., who has insisted that she will "baddie hunt" if she didn't have to defend herself so hard. What she did during those two occasions, I would not call hunting. Generally, I observed her asking questions, trusting people for no apparent reason about MM, expressing unsureness, and feebly trying to drum up support for a llama lynch. That's my memory of it, so if anyone begs to differ, feel free. Now that at least two people have expressed ultimate distrust of me (spacedaisy and Black Rock), FZ. is trying to paint me as Kira, even though it flies in the face of facts and her own previously expressed opinion of me.

FZ. isn't the wind. She's a weather vane. Image
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

Busy day today. I'm voting FZ. I hope everyone else will listen to reason and follow me.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Fred Sanford. Delete.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

I can't be here today either. I'll only be back tomorrow evening.
I'm fine with lynching me. I'm sick of the know it alls. I'm going to be very smug when the next day comes, just so you know, not to mention when you all are really going to learn my role.
I've done nothing but defend myself with everything I can. No, I haven't followed all the secrets and roles because for someone who doesn't give shit about the theme, it's too complicated for me to follow. Maybe it makes me a bad detective, but it doesn't make me bad. If you want to follow the oh so intelligent, go ahead. I'm done fighting.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:And yes, you missed something. The Death Note has to go to Higuchi eventually if the detectives are to achieve their standard win condition. What's alternative are you proposing? Leave Light alone so that Higuchi doesn't get a Death Note? :grin:
I'll give you all a little hint. If you lynch Light while he has the Death Note, it goes to Higuchimama. If Light passes the Death Note while you are trying to lynch him, it will be passed to Higuchimama.

So, no matter how you look at it, he will get the Death Note.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

So if FZ is Light and has the Death Note, we'll lynch her, it will fail, she'll pass the DN to Higuchi and we'll know from Namikawa's call that this has happened.

If FZ is lynched and is not Light, Higuchi gets no Death Note and Namikawa's call will not occur and we'll know FZ is an unlynchable detective.

So let's lynch FZ and just get this over with because this is boring.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

On that note, I will end Day 9 early if I receive all votes early. :P
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

Should not play today at all.
Comes back to play.

Drat.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:And yes, you missed something. The Death Note has to go to Higuchi eventually if the detectives are to achieve their standard win condition. What's alternative are you proposing? Leave Light alone so that Higuchi doesn't get a Death Note? :grin:
I'll give you all a little hint. If you lynch Light while he has the Death Note, it goes to Higuchimama. If Light passes the Death Note while you are trying to lynch him, it will be passed to Higuchimama.

So, no matter how you look at it, he will get the Death Note.
I didn't know Light saying "Alright. You caught me." in case he finds himself targeted and just let himself get lynched, at this stage, would be such a likely possibility. :rolleyes:
Turnip Head wrote:So if FZ is Light and has the Death Note, we'll lynch her, it will fail, she'll pass the DN to Higuchi and we'll know from Namikawa's call that this has happened.

If FZ is lynched and is not Light, Higuchi gets no Death Note and Namikawa's call will not occur and we'll know FZ is an unlynchable detective.

How will "we" know anything from Namikawa's call? Where does it say that Namikawa's call is made public? :confused:

Also, if FZ. isn't Light, that automatically makes her an unlynchable detective how?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:So if FZ is Light and has the Death Note, we'll lynch her, it will fail, she'll pass the DN to Higuchi and we'll know from Namikawa's call that this has happened.

Epignosis wrote:15. I believe lynching FZ. is win-win. If she's not lying about being an unlynchable detective, then she will survive the lynch. If she is Kira, however, then the detectives will have forced the Death Note out of her hands. It's a cost-benefit analysis: Best case scenario, Kira loses a death note and L will know. Worst case scenario, nothing happens.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

OMG.

TH DID NOT VOTE EARLY.

:faint:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:Should not play today at all.
Comes back to play.
Life of a mafia addict

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ricochet wrote:

How will "we" know anything from Namikawa's call? Where does it say that Namikawa's call is made public? :confused:
I've already explained how I think Namikawa's call works. Twice.
Ricochet wrote:Also, if FZ. isn't Light, that automatically makes her an unlynchable detective how?
If she survives the lynch like she says she will, I think this will be quite clear. Feel free to offer a counterpoint that makes sense. :shrug2:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ricochet wrote:OMG.

TH DID NOT VOTE EARLY.

Whoops!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

I've already explained how I think Namikawa's call works. Twice.
I missed it both times, then, sorry.
Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Also, if FZ. isn't Light, that automatically makes her an unlynchable detective how?
If she survives the lynch like she says she will, I think this will be quite clear. Feel free to offer a counterpoint that makes sense. :shrug2:
She says she will survive the lynch.
She says she is a detective that will survive the lynch.
Her not being Light removes her of the suspicion of being five other non-detective roles that survive a lynch (out of which 3 specifically in Team Light) how?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:OMG.

TH DID NOT VOTE EARLY.

Whoops!
Too late, if you needed to constantly be the first or second voter, you're screwed now. :slick:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ricochet wrote:She says she will survive the lynch.
Her not being Light removes her of the suspicion of being five other non-detective roles that survive a lynch (out of which 3 specifically in Team Light) how?
Common sense process of elimination based on who else has survived lynches and which roles I believe they might have.

Go ahead Rico, keep trying to further the suspicions of FZ regardless of what else happens in the game, I know you want to. It's not like you're bad or anything.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

I am Epignosis. I am ALWAYS in the scope of a Night kill.
I've certainly had you between my sights before :llama:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I don't really give a shit about the FZ suspicion but you knuckleheads wont move on so, in essence, you're forcing everybody (Or at least those of us who care about other more meaningful suspects) to vote with you. Hopefully the strong arming and vote bullying can end soon and we can get back to the good shit

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm sorry that some of us only have the thread to rely on. :shrug2:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:She says she will survive the lynch.
Common sense process of elimination based on who else has survived lynches and which roles I believe they might have.

Go ahead Rico, keep trying to further the suspicions of FZ regardless of what else happens in the game, I know you want to. It's not like you're bad or anything.
I'm not furthering anything, I'm operating on the same personal process of elimination that you say you are. If yours is different from mine (and certainly more rounded up, it appears), then so be it.

You left out the "based on which role I am" part of your process. ;) That's certainly one role deduction less you have to worry about, compared to the rest of us.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:I'm sorry that some of us only have the thread to rely on. :shrug2:
How is that relevant?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'm sorry that some of us only have the thread to rely on. :shrug2:
How is that relevant?
It's relevant because, by participating and trying my hardest to catch Kira, I'm just a knucklehead who is forcing people, strong arming, and vote bullying to you. Nice.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
How is that relevant?
It's relevant because, by participating and trying my hardest to catch Kira, I'm just a knucklehead who is forcing people, strong arming, and vote bullying to you. Nice.
Are you really trying your hardest though?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:I don't really give a shit about the FZ suspicion but you knuckleheads wont move on so, in essence, you're forcing everybody (Or at least those of us who care about other more meaningful suspects) to vote with you. Hopefully the strong arming and vote bullying can end soon and we can get back to the good shit
I also think BR is likely bad and am wary of Bass. Don't really intend to vote early, so I might look into it tomorrow.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
How is that relevant?
Are you really trying your hardest though?
Ironically, yes.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

We'll see.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
The Sockface Death Note Mafia Trivia Game Show
Question 13:
On what Night did Sidoh and Mello gain BTSC?
Night 4.
Incorrect. :feb:

You may not answer any more questions. A new player may attempt to answer this question.
Night 7?
Incorrect. :feb:

You may not answer any more questions. A new player may attempt to answer this question.
This question remains unanswered.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I haven't used my second answer in the quiz, but I have no clue. :shrug:

My guesses would be either after Sidoh finished revealing every role secrets, either once he revealed Mello's secrets (but I can't actually recall what Night that was).
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I have no clue either Rico and I also haven't used my second turn. At this point I feel like its a guess. I can't think of any clues we have that tells us what night this occurred. Do any of you out there know the answer to this question?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I think I know the answer to this question but I'm out of guesses :shrug2:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:I think I know the answer to this question but I'm out of guesses :shrug2:
Is that a confession?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

TH, then give the answer to Rico so he can answer the question.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FYI there will be at least a few hour period later this evening where I won't be here to run the game show. Just so you guys aren't all like, "WHERE IS MP?!?!?!!?!" :P
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I think I know the answer to this question but I'm out of guesses :shrug2:
Is that a confession?
No Rico I'm not confessing anything. But after careful analysis of all events that have transpired and my read of the situations surrounding players I have been monitoring, the best educated guess that I can make is that Sidoh and Mello gained BTSC on Night 2.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Shall I call it?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

:shrug2:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Well, here goes nothing, then, I'm going to bed anyway.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Question 13:
On what Night did Sidoh and Mello gain BTSC?
Night 2.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Correct. :yay:

Mello and Sidoh gained BTSC on Night 2.

You may not answer any more questions. A new question is forthcoming.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Question 14:
How many players have been punished for missing votes?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I think I know the answer to this question but I'm out of guesses. :P
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Rico, are you kidding me? If anyone has the answer please tell me or answer yourself if you can. I have gone back and am going to try and add up the non voters for each day but this is likely going to take a pretty good while.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Spacedaisy »

Home from one job, soon to leave for another. This two job thing is not for me, thankfully it is only for a few days. I see we are still looking at an FZ lynch. Apparently Epiis convinced FZ is Light, is lynching her what it will take to get us to move on? I have to get ready to leave again so I have not had the time I expected this afternoon, but I will be back late tonight.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok, didn't vote day 1 I have these people:

Disgruntled porcupine
FZ
Made
Roxy - was she replaced by zeek at this time? would MP have punished her knowing what was going on?
Russtifinko

If anyone wants to double check day 1 for me I would be thankful. On to day 2.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Night ends in 35.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

In Roger Rabbit. :grin:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I don't see anyone who missed day 2. Can someone double check this day?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

All the missing votes are listed in the poll thread at the bottom of each poll if that helps you Jules.

Return to “Previous Jobs”