Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 9]

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
The Sockface Death Note Mafia Trivia Game Show
Question 20:
How many players will gain prizes from this game show?
As many as have answered questions correctly.
Incorrect. :feb:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:None. :doh:
Correct! :yay:

No one receives prizes from this game show. :feb: Unless you count the knowledge you may or may not have gained from the answers.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Is it finally over? :P
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

Turnip Head wrote:None. :doh:
How about from voting early?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

The questions are now over. The following additional role secrets have now been revealed:
Kanzo Mogi
Near
Mello
Rem
Sidoh

The Sockface Death Note Mafia Trivia Game Show is now complete. :feb:

Thanks for playing!
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

And TH, didn't you say you'd tell me yours if I told you mine?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Right here FZ.
Turnip Head wrote:You are wise to assume Mata is bad. Her allegiance should be quite clear to everyone who is paying attention.

She voted for you early again FZ, this time without even saying anything. She said she would not defend herself anymore (lol) but she said she would still try to help catch Kira. Yeah right. But I think she voted for you silently in order to not tip anyone off as to whether or not you're on the team with her. I think she's afraid her words will be analyzed and dissected, and that they won't get to put their baddie plans into motion if we figure out her motives. I put forth the plan to lynch you today, and Mata jumped on board with no hesitation. I do not think you are on her team, I think you are an unlynchable detective, but I also fear that we won't be able to get any further in this game until Epi and Llama realize that they're wrong about you. As you can see, people are apparently incapable of discussing anything else.

As for my top two suspects, they are Bass and Rico. I think Bass is Mikami. He is acting like an outsider baddie who is clueless as to what his team's plans are. That's why he's picking easy suspects and making easy votes, it's why he's having trouble coming up with genuine suspicions.

I think Rico is either Misa or Rem, the problem is I don't think I can currently do anything about it.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Turnip Head wrote:Right here FZ.
Turnip Head wrote:You are wise to assume Mata is bad. Her allegiance should be quite clear to everyone who is paying attention.

She voted for you early again FZ, this time without even saying anything. She said she would not defend herself anymore (lol) but she said she would still try to help catch Kira. Yeah right. But I think she voted for you silently in order to not tip anyone off as to whether or not you're on the team with her. I think she's afraid her words will be analyzed and dissected, and that they won't get to put their baddie plans into motion if we figure out her motives. I put forth the plan to lynch you today, and Mata jumped on board with no hesitation. I do not think you are on her team, I think you are an unlynchable detective, but I also fear that we won't be able to get any further in this game until Epi and Llama realize that they're wrong about you. As you can see, people are apparently incapable of discussing anything else.

As for my top two suspects, they are Bass and Rico. I think Bass is Mikami. He is acting like an outsider baddie who is clueless as to what his team's plans are. That's why he's picking easy suspects and making easy votes, it's why he's having trouble coming up with genuine suspicions.

I think Rico is either Misa or Rem, the problem is I don't think I can currently do anything about it.
Oops, sorry I missed it. Thanks.

Which of the roles is lynchable at this point? I've lost count.
Why not just vote for Bass then. Forget llama and Epi. Though lynching me early is better than lynching me late.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

For your consideration:

These are the possible living Task Force members:
Chief Yagami
Aizawa (if he has not left and gained BTSC with Ide)
Ukita

These are the Night Kills as of right now:
Long Con - Killed by Kira - Night 2
S~V~S - Killed by Kira - Day 3
AceofSpaces - Killed by Kira - Day 5
Zomberella12 - Killed by Kira - Night 5
bea - Killed by Kira - Night 7

Several scenarios are possible, each explaining why "Two" Task Force members are Alive

1) Soichiro is dead, Aizawa has not yet gained BTSC with Ide
2) Aizawa is dead
3) Ukita is dead, Aizawa has not yet gained BTSC with Ide

In these instances, at least one of the above NKed players is a Task Force member.
4) Aizawa has at some point voted for L, or visa versa.

In that instance, All three of those roles are alive and Aizawa has BTSC with Ide, meaning only two task force members are alive.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

FZ. wrote:Why not just vote for Bass then. Forget llama and Epi. Though lynching me early is better than lynching me late.
Do you think Bass is bad?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Turnip Head wrote:
FZ. wrote:Why not just vote for Bass then. Forget llama and Epi. Though lynching me early is better than lynching me late.
Do you think Bass is bad?
FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
FZ. wrote:So much discussion has taken place while I was gone, it's inspiring. Should I have used the orange?

Okay, just so I know, aside from me, who are people's top 2 suspects?
I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours.

And I know FZ. It's ridiculous. Nobody wants to talk about suspects, they want to sit back and follow the lead and hope that victory comes to them.
Out of the people who haven't been lynched yet (I mean attempted lynches), Bass is obviously a big concern, and I think it wasn't a coincidence he didn't vote for Mata, and I'm still worried about BR, although at times she strikes me as genuine. Still. she's nothing like the BR I've gotten used to seeing.
Also, if I assume Mata is bad, like I do, and she's defended me against Epi saying his later "case" on me seemed manipulative, it reminds me of how BR is acting, saying she's suspicious of Epi. While I know I'm a civvie and at times I don't get why Epi won't even consider I might be telling the truth (which every once in a while make me think maybe he has an agenda), they don't know I am a civ, and his reasons maybe the best out there for lynching a player. I don't think they are being genuine in their suspicion of him. This may include SD as well, though she came off more genuine, so I don't know

linki: What does it mean 11 secret votes unused?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Why do you think MM wants us to vote for him? Or did he get back his DN and is doing a reverse psychology on us?........ Or did I totally miss his role?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

FZ. wrote:Why do you think MM wants us to vote for him? Or did he get back his DN and is doing a reverse psychology on us?........ Or did I totally miss his role?
I believe MM is Ryuk. Maybe his secret win condition is that he has to reveal his role as such, which would require lynching him again.

He's also trying not to share any suspicions so that we can't figure out who is and isn't on his team. Voting for himself tells us nothing, which is the way he wants it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DP has just come online and is reading the thread so I think that means he's actively here.

DP, what do you think of Bass and Rico? What do you think of FZ?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Turnip Head wrote:
FZ. wrote:Why do you think MM wants us to vote for him? Or did he get back his DN and is doing a reverse psychology on us?........ Or did I totally miss his role?
I believe MM is Ryuk. Maybe his secret win condition is that he has to reveal his role as such, which would require lynching him again.

He's also trying not to share any suspicions so that we can't figure out who is and isn't on his team. Voting for himself tells us nothing, which is the way he wants it.
If his win condition requires an extra lynch, would he be that obvious about it? Why would we help him? If it's in fact his win conditions, I'll go with it if he reveals who Light (who he has BTSC with) is.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Of course we only help MM once Light has been taken out of the picture
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: xxsnippedxx
You are wise to assume Mata is bad. Her allegiance should be quite clear to everyone who is paying attention.

TH, I agree that Bass is acting like a baddie who doesn't know what to do because he's not in btsc. And it is true he came up with suspicions of people that didn't make any sense whatsoever and later admitted he hadn't been paying attention. I believe those things but I'm trying to reconcile that with the fact that his rl has been terrible lately and a little piece of me wonders if it's because of that. Have you considered that in your opinion of Bass?

Also on Rico, why can't you currently do anything about it? Is it because you don't have evidence or because of something in their role descriptions?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

If his win condition requires an extra lynch, would he be that obvious about it? Why would we help him? If it's in fact his win conditions, I'll go with it if he reveals who Light (who he has BTSC with) is.
What the heck is this even? Isn't that outing? :disappoint:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:

Actually, I just want BTSC with L. :mafia:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Update:

I apologize, I made an error when I revealed Sidoh's extra secrets. I knew a host error would bite me eventually, folks. XD

For every role's secrets that Sidoh solves with four or less revealed letters, both Sidoh and the player whose additional role secrets he has solved, assuming that player is still alive, gain an extra vote to be used secretly in any subsequent lynch.

The correct for the underlined is FOUR. I, for some reason, inserted my old version of those additional secrets where it was two, not four, before I had changed it pre-game.

Sorry for any confusion.

There are no other errors in the revealed secrets.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote:TH, I agree that Bass is acting like a baddie who doesn't know what to do because he's not in btsc. And it is true he came up with suspicions of people that didn't make any sense whatsoever and later admitted he hadn't been paying attention. I believe those things but I'm trying to reconcile that with the fact that his rl has been terrible lately and a little piece of me wonders if it's because of that. Have you considered that in your opinion of Bass?

Also on Rico, why can't you currently do anything about it? Is it because you don't have evidence or because of something in their role descriptions?
Re: Rico. I have the evidence. I posted it a few nights ago. Absolutely no one commented on it except Daisy and Rico himself. The fact that I can try to get him lynched today has to do with the role descriptions, not a lack of evidence.

Re: Bass. Yes I have considered that. I just don't think that RL explains his behavior. If he were a detective, he should still be looking for more useful suspicions. He's still been posting, so it's not like his RL situation has prevented him from doing that. I think him being Mikami explains his behavior better than his RL situation does.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

EBWOP: Can't* try to get him lynched today
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I do remember you posted a link to the rico evidence just for me.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

If MM outs his team I'll lynch him first :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

TH, your "evidence" was built on trying to pin me and Mata as Misa/Rem. I am neither of those roles. You didn't reply to any of my rebuttal back then. You didn't actually address anything from that until I reminded you of certain questions I asked you (the Misa relinquish part). You didn't reply to any of my rebuttal on your first case (me + MM = love) either.

Unrelated to this, if you have only this angle about who Mata could be, you might want to look into a totally different, alignment-wise, but equally significant possibility.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

Why is anyone listening to lynching advice from a death god?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Ricochet wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Well, I didn't mean it at face value, but right now, he's doing nothing to help the civvie cause, so I see no reason to do anything he's asking. If he wants us to help him, he needs to help us. I agree with TH that he's most likely Ryuk, and that he's been trying to make it quite obvious. He could have done a lot better.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MIKAMI

You know who you are, and I know who you are. Your time has come. You learned something valuable yesterday, and it would be quite the boon to Master Light for you to play your part now.

How's that DH?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:TH, your "evidence" was built on trying to pin me and Mata as Misa/Rem. I am neither of those roles. You didn't reply to any of my rebuttal back then. You didn't actually address anything from that until I reminded you of certain questions I asked you (the Misa relinquish part). You didn't reply to any of my rebuttal on your first case (me + MM = love) either.

Unrelated to this, if you have only this angle about who Mata could be, you might want to look into a totally different, alignment-wise, but equally significant possibility.
"I'm not baddie teammates with Mata but btw here let me defend mata" :ponder:

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Can anyone tell me how voting early could be related to the theme?

linki: WTH?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I'm just gonna come out and say just because it says I'm on doesn't mean I'm reading. I might be in class or just turning my laptop on for the sake of it. I just always have the page open. ;) Sorry for the inconveniences I've caused. I'll be putting together a resume so I have that. :D
Turnip Head wrote:DP has just come online and is reading the thread so I think that means he's actively here.

DP, what do you think of Bass and Rico? What do you think of FZ?
Bass: I haven't really noticed him much at all. Upon reading his posts it seems because he rarely posts more than a couple sentences. Overall he seems pretty damn blendy. He has a couple excuses for being not really into it, but I don't know, I am kinda uncomfortable about him.

Rico: He's kinda slid by me. Not in a Bass way where I don't notice him because I definitely notice him, I just haven't really thought much of him. So I'm pretty neutral on him. Maybe I should read into your assertions more.

FZ: Ugh. I just don't know. I mean I'm still not perfectly sure I see baddiness in her, but I'm wondering what's tipping off llama and Epi so much, while also getting some to defend so hard. It's almost frustrating trying to figure out how I really feel about this. I hope things become more clear, heh.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:TH, your "evidence" was built on trying to pin me and Mata as Misa/Rem. I am neither of those roles. You didn't reply to any of my rebuttal back then. You didn't actually address anything from that until I reminded you of certain questions I asked you (the Misa relinquish part). You didn't reply to any of my rebuttal on your first case (me + MM = love) either.

Not defending. I didn't say the other alignment was good.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MIKAMI

You know who you are, and I know who you are. Your time has come. You learned something valuable yesterday, and it would be quite the boon to Master Light for you to play your part now.

How's that DH?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:Can anyone tell me how voting early could be related to the theme?

linki: WTH?
In my case voting early in case I die.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

The way it's conceived, Mikami's suicide in the anime is seriously the dumbest thing ever. And that's saying something, consdering I've seen Lost.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Different in alignment from Misa?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I didn't respond to your rebuttal because it became clear to me soon afterwards that I couldn't get you lynched right now even if I tried. I have plenty to say about your rebuttal if you'd actually like to hear my thoughts on it, because your response only served to convince me further that I am right about you.

And thanks for your answers DP. Good to know where you stand.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Yes.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Yes.
So in that case, different in allignment from a baddie.

Are you saying you think Mata is Higuchi?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:The way it's conceived, Mikami's suicide in the anime is seriously the dumbest thing ever. And that's saying something, consdering I've seen Lost.
I agree.

Actually, the whole show wasn't the same after L died. He was easily the most exciting character.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Turnip Head wrote:

I didn't respond to your rebuttal because it became clear to me soon afterwards that I couldn't get you lynched right now even if I tried. I have plenty to say about your rebuttal if you'd actually like to hear my thoughts on it, because your response only served to convince me further that I am right about you.

TH, can you explain to me, in words I understand, what is going on with MM and the Mikami thing? Is he accusing DH of being her (or is it him)?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

TH, can you explain to me, in words I understand, what is going on with MM and the Mikami thing? Is he accusing DH of being her (or is it him)?
Mikami is a man.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

:feb:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

DH said that he wouldn't lynch me unless I outed my teammates. His comment was perfectly timed with my plan. :nicenod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

DH said that he wouldn't lynch me unless I outed my teammates. His comment was perfectly timed with my plan. :nicenod:
Actually I said I'd lynch you first if you outted your teammates.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Yes.
So in that case, different in allignment from a baddie.

Are you saying you think Mata is Higuchi?
I am saying it is clear from her lynch fail combined with L's read on her and message about her that Mata being Higuchi is as strong a possibility as her being any other non-Shinigami, non-detective unlynchable role. I am not excluding any of those possibilities, because nothing is certain for one particular direction. I was just under the impression that TH was working just on the Misa angle, based on his thoughts and his case on me and Mata.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

That was me, not DH, or did he say it too?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Oh, I misunderstood.

Regardless. I won't be lynched today, because...

God commands otherwise!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Oh, I misunderstood.

Regardless. I won't be lynched today, because...

God commands otherwise!
Also
YOU HAVE ONLY ONE VOTE

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

LOL, I wish lynching me would end this misery. This game is giving me a headache :P
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”