juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 244
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [NIGHT 3]

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote:
juliets wrote:I didn't think [Metalmarsh] was telling the truth when he said [he used the Bottle on Epig and caused the Affirmative Curse] but since he was good I guess he was. I'm not sure why you are saying I didn't. This post was to close out our discussion on the rare book.
Why didn't you think Metalmarsh was telling the truth? He explained Epig's weird responses and claimed responsibility for it with his Item, the Bottle. I thought it was pretty cut-and-dry.
I thought it was likely one of his jokey posts, especially since i thought I knew that the rare book was the item that caused the "yes" curse, not a bottle.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote:Dom, the one thing I keep coming back to about SVS, it will be interesting to get your thoughts on this...

If she was bad, why come out and be the first one to have the theory that she was supposed to die, she still had the will, lol the baddies failed to kill her and therefore the story in the newspaper must be a fake? After all, that is how most of the heat on zombs started?

Why not just come out and go... yeah, the will was stolen...

Seems like a very odd baddie plot to put a story in the newspaper that appears to clear Zombs, then immediately start going after her in the thread. Not to mention, no-one else has claimed any reason for why there might not have been a NK.
I don't entirely disagree with you. I won't be funning for SVS this next lynch-- unless something drastic happens. It does give me pause about her, though.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 234
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote:Long Con, maybe this is a stupid question but if you knew the bottle caused Epi's Yes responses why did you think in that recent post that Epi had just made that up? Or did I misread your post. Let me see if I can find the part I'm talking about -
Long Con wrote: And look at you, trying to beg sympathy from everyone because you "haven't been able to speak normally since Day 1". So you couldn't manage to express anything you needed to express during Day Two, when it was known to everyone that you had the jokey influence of having to answer questions with a "yes"? Are you joking? Why do you NEED to make plays like this, it's just not honest. You supposedly couldn't post vowels between Night 2 and Night 3. Has there been ANY other curses this game? Are we going to see more like that? I'll be very interested to see.
The dishonesty I spoke of was him saying that he "hasn't been able to speak normally since Day 1". He could speak perfectly well on Day 2, just with the added caveat that he had to respond with a 'yes' to questions. Even that wasn't in effect on Night 2; Epig was posting very normally all Night. Do YOU think it's an honest representation of his game to claim he hasn't been able to speak normally since Day 1?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote:
juliets wrote:Long Con, maybe this is a stupid question but if you knew the bottle caused Epi's Yes responses why did you think in that recent post that Epi had just made that up? Or did I misread your post. Let me see if I can find the part I'm talking about -
Long Con wrote: And look at you, trying to beg sympathy from everyone because you "haven't been able to speak normally since Day 1". So you couldn't manage to express anything you needed to express during Day Two, when it was known to everyone that you had the jokey influence of having to answer questions with a "yes"? Are you joking? Why do you NEED to make plays like this, it's just not honest. You supposedly couldn't post vowels between Night 2 and Night 3. Has there been ANY other curses this game? Are we going to see more like that? I'll be very interested to see.
The dishonesty I spoke of was him saying that he "hasn't been able to speak normally since Day 1". He could speak perfectly well on Day 2, just with the added caveat that he had to respond with a 'yes' to questions. Even that wasn't in effect on Night 2; Epig was posting very normally all Night. Do YOU think it's an honest representation of his game to claim he hasn't been able to speak normally since Day 1?
I see - you weren't talking about that specific issue you were talking about his wide claim. I can see why he thought his game was affected for Day 2 and Day 3 though i agree the "yes" curse didn't affect everything about how he communicates. The nights if he was free from curse (I haven't checked) would have also been a time to communicate freely. If I had been affected two days in a row at the beginning of the game though, I would have had some strong feelings about that situation. None of this is to say Epi is good or evil or neutral. I haven't made up my mind about that. I just ask a lot of questions to process information.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote:
Long Con wrote:
I see - you weren't talking about that specific issue you were talking about his wide claim. I can see why he thought his game was affected for Day 2 and Day 3 though i agree the "yes" curse didn't affect everything about how he communicates. The nights if he was free from curse (I haven't checked) would have also been a time to communicate freely. If I had been affected two days in a row at the beginning of the game though, I would have had some strong feelings about that situation. None of this is to say Epi is good or evil or neutral. I haven't made up my mind about that. I just ask a lot of questions to process information.
Ok, so you don't think there's anything dishonest about saying he's been UNABLE to speak normally since Day 1. Thank you for giving me your point of view.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Anyway, I just want to reiterate to the Celestials, to Ichabod: please steal from me tonight. I promise that you will be glad you did. If you don't, then a great opportunity for you will be lost.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Elohcin »

Long Con wrote:Anyway, I just want to reiterate to the Celestials, to Ichabod: please steal from me tonight. I promise that you will be glad you did. If you don't, then a great opportunity for you will be lost.
I will as again. Why do you want this? Do you have no items?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I voted Van Buren.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Elohcin wrote:
Long Con wrote:Anyway, I just want to reiterate to the Celestials, to Ichabod: please steal from me tonight. I promise that you will be glad you did. If you don't, then a great opportunity for you will be lost.
No, I have an item that they will want. This is not a trick.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Long Con wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Why do you want them to have it?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Elohcin wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Because it will help them find the baddies and secure a Civvie win. And a btsc team of five can work with it. Or, they can just ignore me and let the baddies kill me and take it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Ignoring you sounds like a good idea XD
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm just teasing. I can't wait to see how this all shakes out.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 111

Post by fingersplints »

Elohcin wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
why wouldn't he want them to have it? A neutral team of 5 is a great ally to the civvies. I'm not surprised LC wants to show them he is their friend.
Gro-oo-ovy
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 179

Post by Black Rock »

I'm just here to vote in the night poll. My boys shared their germs and I have been in bed all day. I'm all gross and shit.
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

fingersplints wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
why wouldn't he want them to have it? A neutral team of 5 is a great ally to the civvies. I'm not surprised LC wants to show them he is their friend.
I understand now, thank you.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote:
juliets wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Ok, so you don't think there's anything dishonest about saying he's been UNABLE to speak normally since Day 1. Thank you for giving me your point of view.
No I never said that. Summing up what I said I think the word UNABLE, if he said that I havent' looked at the quote, was over dramatic. I would have to read the quote to classify it any other way. You are trying to take my words and twist them.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

LC what if the baddies kill you tonight. wouldn't the baddiees get your item.
LLama do night actions happen in the order the PMs come in?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 131

Post by thellama73 »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:LC what if the baddies kill you tonight. wouldn't the baddiees get your item.
There is an order of operations for different types of actions. Stealing happens before killing, for example. But generally, yes.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Canucklehead »

Voting Rudolph again.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

thellama73 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:LC what if the baddies kill you tonight. wouldn't the baddiees get your item.
There is an order of operations for different types of actions. Stealing happens before killing, for example. But generally, yes.
Thank you.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

rabbit8 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:WOT= wall of text

I'm starting to wonder about you. :smoky:
Why?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 452

Post by S~V~S »

I forgot to post, I voted Dearborn again sometime last night.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Elohcin wrote:I understand now, thank you.
No problem. Glad I could help. :)
Gro-oo-ovy
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 294

Post by rabbit8 »

Canucklehead wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

Why?

Because you have been wishy washy about everything all game and not really invested in finding baddies. Then out of no where you really want to lynch Vomps. :smoky:
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

rabbit8 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

Why?

Because you have been wishy washy about everything all game and not really invested in finding baddies. Then out of no where you really want to lynch Vomps. :smoky:

Also you have voted in all the polls except the two lynched civvies. I feel like maybe your team made sure you voted for Vomps.............................. :shrug:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Night has ended, happy mafia dawn everyone :)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Day 4
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

RIP Golden.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Rest in peace Golden :(
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

RIP Golden, we are really going to miss you

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

rabbit8 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

Why?

Nah. I was pretty wishy washy on wanting to lynch Vomps, actually.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 268

Post by Epignosis »

So APerson and Bass_the_Clever switched roles. Interesting.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

RIP Golden.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

:rip: golden :(
Gro-oo-ovy
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Effective immediately, Metalmarsh89 is replacing A Person.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 369
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:Enrique. Turnip Head

Daddy's back.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:Effective immediately, Metalmarsh89 is replacing A Person.
So now Metalmarsh is A Person who used to be Bass! :omg:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 369
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Who used to be a sockface. :noble:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Well this might be the first game I trust MM since monopoly. lol
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Who used to be a sockface. :noble:
I hate being one-upped. Unless I'm Mario.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And I'm not. Because I'm fucking KIRBY LAZY SACK OF SHIT.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 74
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

:haha:
thellama73
Supatown

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler Polls

Post by thellama73 »

Where to, Kid?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:27:02 pm

Archer Ave.
Bass_the_Clever (5), Long Con (14), rabbit8 (16), DisgruntledPorcupine (17), Black Rock (20)
24%

Clark St.
fingersplints (3)
5%

Dearborn St.
S~V~S (7)
5%

Randolph St.
LizKeen (10), Canucklehead (21)
10%

State St.
Vompatti (9)
5%

Van Buren St.
birdwithteeth11 (6), Bullzeye (11), juliets (12), DFaraday (13), Elohcin (18), Epignosis (19)
29%

Wabash Ave.
Turnip Head (8)
5%

22nd St.
Golden (2), Dom (15)
10%

Milwaukee - Berlin of the West (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
thellama73 (1), Metalmarsh89 (4)
10%

Total votes : 21

rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Canucklehead wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

Why?

Nah. I was pretty wishy washy on wanting to lynch Vomps, actually.

Oh I'm sorry. Who posted this then:
Canucklehead wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:I thought Epi's case on LK was....not convincing, but I'm not sure why a bad Epi would push so hard against a player so early....considering a vote there.
LC is LC and I have no particular reason to think he's bad right now, but I don't know if I've ever read LC correctly. I'm not voting there unless something really compelling comes up.
That's all you have to say about Epig? What about other cases that have been made against him?
Yes, that is all I have to say about Epi right now. None of the cases brought against him have stuck in my mind enough for me to comment on them. :shrug:
You don't find it suspicious that Epignosis would ignore what he knows about MM and BR and instead go for the easy lynch of Metalmarsh? What he knew should have led him to believe Metalmarsh was being framed, except the thing is, Epig was doing the framing. Not to mention, the italicized portion sounds suspiciously like what LizKeen heard through the ear tubes, AND it sounds like something Epig would say. Cocky and believing people can be easily led.

I want to understand why no one else can see this. Is it that they don't believe that Epig knew that it was VERY unlikely that Metalmarsh would kill BR on Night one for the third or fourth time in recent history? I did quote something in my original case that clearly indicated that Epig was involved - Donner Mafia, Epig tells MM that he killed him for BR. And believe me when I say that I know every detail of this subject due to BR being my wife. I know what happened, what Epig knows, how MM felt about it. This is the truth, I just need enough people to see it and understand what it means.
I didn't say I didn't find it suspicious, I said the case didn't stick in my head. Which is true. Nothing is sticking in me head right now, because my entire brain is utterly saturated with crippling anxiety and fear of failure because I have a career-defining series of examinations beginning in two weeks. :grin:

But now that you've very kindly reiterated your points: I mean, I guess what you're seeing as damning isn't quite as evocative to me. I'll take your word for it that the whole MM/BR rivalry is something that Epi is aware of, even acutely so. I guess where I don't quite buy your argument is that knowing that MM would be very unlikely to kill BR does not mean that other people on MM's team might have overruled him. I mean, obviously this WASN'T the case (since MM was good), but prior to that revelation I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for someone to simultaneously believe that MM would not personally vote to kill BR, but could still be a member of a team that would do so. :shrug:
I guess maybe because I'm not as intimately involved with the details and intricacies of the BR/MM/Epi triangle that his willingness to vote MM just didn't set off alarms bells like it does for you. But I'm not discounting your assertion here, it's just not one I would have come to on my own. I actually also feel uneasy about Epi, so your insights are interesting.

Mostly, though, I want to lynch Vomps.

:shrug:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [DAY 4]

S~V~S what to you think about the golden kill?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 452

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis, You remind me of a baby polar bear sliding down a rainbow into a pot of gold, with a fucking unicorn. You are that awesome!

You make me want to be a better person. Youmake arrogant look like a positive thing :nicenod:

Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

S~V~S wrote:Epignosis, You remind me of a baby polar bear sliding down a rainbow into a pot of gold, with a fucking unicorn. You are that awesome!

You make me want to be a better person. Youmake arrogant look like a positive thing :nicenod:

:haha:
rabbit8

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [DAY 3]

Post by rabbit8 »

You post I quoted above about wanting to Lynch Vomps comes before both these posts below.
Canucklehead wrote:
Long Con wrote:Vomps' crime is being Vomps, right? Not contributing much, acting weird? Low posting?
Yes. Being Vomps is a serious crime. :noble:
I know this is a joke. But you lay it out there nicely. I think you're trying to persuade a few people.
Canucklehead wrote:I'm going to do (another) 180 and vote for Vomps.
I reread Epi's case on LK, and while I still didn't find it convincing, I can't come up with a scenario where it would be beneficial for baddie Epi to go hard against a player that (until he and Golden mentioned her) didn't seem to be on anyone's radar.
I'm not sure that I'm un-suspicious of Epi, but I'd rather not vote for him today since I can't really ask him to clarify some things about his LK case and LC's comments on the MM lynch while he's cursed.
I'll vote Vomps, though I think it's a 50/50 chance he's a civ.
This is not a 180 after you have already declared you want to lynch him and that being him is a serious crime. You throw in the I think there's a 50/50 chance he's a civ. I makes you look wishy washy like you have been trying to portray this game. But your posts before this one prove this one is complete bullshit.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 95

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [DAY 4]

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

RIP Golden! :rip: Bye AP and welcome back MM! :)

Interesting points on Canuck, rabbit. I want to hear what she has to say before commenting further though.

Return to “Previous Jobs”